PDA

View Full Version : So, What's Dan Neil Doing These Days?

OrangeHoof
08-12-2010, 08:59 PM
He's running for office, that's what. (http://www.texansfordan.com/)

The former UT lineman and Denver Bronco guard is running for a spot on the Texas House of Representatives, District 48. He was also an on-air personality for an Austin sports talk station - at least until he was recently removed from the air (his opponent demanded equal time).

pnbronco
08-12-2010, 10:46 PM
He's running for office, that's what. (http://www.texansfordan.com/)

The former UT lineman and Denver Bronco guard is running for a spot on the Texas House of Representatives, District 48. He was also an on-air personality for an Austin sports talk station - at least until he was recently removed from the air (his opponent demanded equal time).

I loved Dan, thanks for the info. Please let me know how he does.

He lost a bet with one of the CU guys one year when he played in Denver and had to put a CU logo on his back window. It was also the year he had a big, big fine. So for Christmas I gave him a rock in case he needed to "repair" his back window and a candle in case he need to cut back at home.... BTW I got to know him and most of O line guys pretty well when camp was in Greeley, I will always miss Greeley.

OrangeHoof
11-03-2010, 10:23 AM
Neil's bid for the Texas House of Representatives for District 48 fell short by 15 votes but it is expected to go to a recount.

broncofaninfla
11-03-2010, 01:18 PM
Cool, thx for sharing, I had no idea!

:beer:

ikillz0mbies
11-03-2010, 09:44 PM
I miss those days when the offensive line had Matt Lepsis, Dan Neil, and Tom Nalen......man oh man.....that was one hell of a line.

Broncolingus
11-03-2010, 09:50 PM
Zim, Stink, Nalen, Jones, Habib...

Ziggy
11-04-2010, 12:40 AM
Zim, Stink, Nalen, Jones, Habib...

That my friend, was the greatest offensive line in franchise history.

Broncolingus
11-04-2010, 08:06 AM
That my friend, was the greatest offensive line in franchise history.

Amen, brother...one of the greatest in all history methinks.

Hell, Clay could've run for a 1000 yds behind that group...:D

BCJ
11-04-2010, 01:19 PM
He still has the military vote and being behind a small amount, i see this not ending one way or the other without a court appearance. Good luck Dan!

camdisco24
11-04-2010, 01:58 PM
Very cool to hear!
I really like his stances on stuff too. Sounds like a great family guy.

OrangeHoof
02-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Three month's later, and Dan Neil's race is still being challenged. The incumbent, Donna Howard, won by 12 votes in November but Neil's attornies have been able to find enough voters for Howard that were not eligible to vote in that district to throw the results into doubt. In addition, the County Clerk did not bother to count absentee military ballots that should have been counted. At the evidentiary hearing conducted this week, sworn witnesses who expressed that they either voted but shouldn't have counted or whose votes weren't counted but should have, changes the results to a three-vote victory by Neil.

The final appeal will go before the full Texas House of Representatives where Republicans own a 2/3rds majority. However Neil, the Republican, will need to convince enough members that the three-vote margin is reason enough to declare him the winner instead of Ms. Howard, the Democrat.

Amazing that it is February and this race is still being contested. Of course, the House didn't begin session until mid-January, so that's part of the delay. Dan Neil may yet be seated as the winner of Texas House District 48.