PDA

View Full Version : Official Rap/Hip hop thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

bengaaaaals1688
08-28-2007, 09:42 PM
50 Cent has vowed that if Kanye West sells more albums than him when their new albums come out, he will quit rapping... everyone should go out and buy it because then 50 will either look dumber than he already does, or will quit and it will be great.:)

In other words... this will become the new official rap/hip hop thread in order to talk about the best rappers, and share new music.

AlWilsonizKING
08-28-2007, 10:26 PM
the best rappers, and share new music.

"This the Anthem, put ya hands up....Hip Hop is up in here, yeah welcome to the Mile High city where we keep it poppin' and they be like right, right, right..." - D.O. The Fabulous Drifter. (High School buddy doin' his thang!!!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5hKl0Bu0LQ

PEACE!!!

bengaaaaals1688
08-29-2007, 04:58 PM
"This the Anthem, put ya hands up....Hip Hop is up in here, yeah welcome to the Mile High city where we keep it poppin' and they be like right, right, right..." - D.O. The Fabulous Drifter. (High School buddy doin' his thang!!!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5hKl0Bu0LQ

PEACE!!!

Good song... thanks for posting man. You always post the sickest songs.

I love this song... Pac and Bone Thugz

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7sv-nL8Vkw4

SR
08-29-2007, 05:02 PM
Seriously? Isn't there already a multi-page thread about this on BM?

bengaaaaals1688
08-29-2007, 05:09 PM

Yes there is, but since I will be frequenting both of them, I wanted to have one here to maybe get other opinions that won't be on there or whatever.

AlWilsonizKING
08-29-2007, 06:16 PM

Seriously....isn't there enough "wasted posts" on each and every message board......if you can't be positive, or ADD to the discussion....then don't bother posting.

"Boom shakka lakka you here come's the Chief Rocka!!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFbLRZCExBk

"The one Chief Rocka, numba one Chief Rocka!!"

PEACE!!!

BroncoSexyDaddy
08-29-2007, 06:17 PM
Seriously? Isn't there already a multi-page thread about this on BM?The Cafe had a muliti page trend also, why arent you complaining about that? You must dont like hip hop,if thats the case you can go to another trend IMO

bengaaaaals1688
08-29-2007, 09:08 PM
Seriously....isn't there enough "wasted posts" on each and every message board......if you can't be positive, or ADD to the discussion....then don't bother posting.

"Boom shakka lakka you here come's the Chief Rocka!!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFbLRZCExBk

"The one Chief Rocka, numba one Chief Rocka!!"

PEACE!!!

That was a good song man.

Did you hear about Kanye West's new statement of utter stupidity??

SR
08-29-2007, 09:42 PM
The Cafe had a muliti page trend also, why arent you complaining about that? You must dont like hip hop,if thats the case you can go to another trend IMO

Yes. I "must don't like hip hop"...

...I just fail to see the point of starting a thread on a new board with people who are on the old board that posted in the same thread on the old board. Redundance isn't a friend of mine.

As Eric Cartman once said, "It's my body! I do what I want!"

BroncoSexyDaddy
08-29-2007, 10:38 PM
Yes. I "must don't like hip hop"...

...I just fail to see the point of starting a thread on a new board with people who are on the old board that posted in the same thread on the old board. Redundance isn't a friend of mine.

As Eric Cartman once said, "It's my body! I do what I want!"You are pointless,if you dont like our culture dont come back. http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard/images/smilies/Hoppy.gif

SR
08-29-2007, 10:42 PM
You are pointless,if you dont like our culture dont come back. :cool:

It has nothing to do with the culture. Rap now-a-days is awful compared to what it was 10-15 years ago. The culture used to be about hard knocks, life, and past experience. It had substance and meaning. Today it is about a bunch of materialistic morons who brag about their women and "bling". With the exception of Nas, Eminem, and a couple of other very select few, mainstream rap has gone to crap.

Requiem / The Dagda
08-29-2007, 11:02 PM
It has nothing to do with the culture. Rap now-a-days is awful compared to what it was 10-15 years ago. The culture used to be about hard knocks, life, and past experience. It had substance and meaning. Today it is about a bunch of materialistic morons who brag about their women and "bling". With the exception of Nas, Eminem, and a couple of other very select few, mainstream rap has gone to crap.

The keyword there is mainstream, and not to be cliche with going "underground" but I'm sure if you looked hard enough or asked you'd really get into some of the old stuff that represents the artists life, experiences and human growth. There's a lot of it out there.

I'd be willing to give you some examples if you're interested.

BroncoSexyDaddy
08-29-2007, 11:21 PM
It has nothing to do with the culture. Rap now-a-days is awful compared to what it was 10-15 years ago. The culture used to be about hard knocks, life, and past experience. It had substance and meaning. Today it is about a bunch of materialistic morons who brag about their women and "bling". With the exception of Nas, Eminem, and a couple of other very select few, mainstream rap has gone to crap.Thats your opinion,just because you dont like it doesnt mean we dont.Their are artest i dont like either, but i dont down Hip Hop Rap as you do.The post that you have made makes me feel you dont like the culture. http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard/images/smilies/icon_suspicious.gif

SR
08-30-2007, 01:58 AM
The keyword there is mainstream, and not to be cliche with going "underground" but I'm sure if you looked hard enough or asked you'd really get into some of the old stuff that represents the artists life, experiences and human growth. There's a lot of it out there.

I'd be willing to give you some examples if you're interested.

I know a few good artists Chris. There are quite a few underground artists out there (using the cliche term), but even back in the early to mid 90s mainstream rap was about the stuff I mentioned. It has just lost a lot of the emotion and substance that made rap popular. It's sad to see that these rappers now-a-day who say the idolize Tupac, Biggie, Public Enemy, so on and so forth degrade rap so much. Of course my opinions go against what is "popular" or "now" because rappers make more money now than ever, but all I'm saying is that what originally turned me on to rap is gone now and so is my interest in the music.

BSD...to me it isn't a "culture". To me, calling it a "culture" is giving these people an excuse to act like retards. Calling rap/hip-hop a "culture" just gives them a justified reason to act like low life people. Granted, there are exceptions to the rule, but by and large that's all it is. Maybe I'm just too conservative and old school when it comes to my views...

...as I sit here and listen to "Hit'em Up" by Tupac...don't see songs like that anymore...

BroncoSexyDaddy
08-30-2007, 09:56 AM
I know a few good artists Chris. There are quite a few underground artists out there (using the cliche term), but even back in the early to mid 90s mainstream rap was about the stuff I mentioned. It has just lost a lot of the emotion and substance that made rap popular. It's sad to see that these rappers now-a-day who say the idolize Tupac, Biggie, Public Enemy, so on and so forth degrade rap so much. Of course my opinions go against what is "popular" or "now" because rappers make more money now than ever, but all I'm saying is that what originally turned me on to rap is gone now and so is my interest in the music.

BSD...to me it isn't a "culture". To me, calling it a "culture" is giving these people an excuse to act like retards. Calling rap/hip-hop a "culture" just gives them a justified reason to act like low life people. Granted, there are exceptions to the rule, but by and large that's all it is. Maybe I'm just too conservative and old school when it comes to my views...

...as I sit here and listen to "Hit'em Up" by Tupac...don't see songs like that anymore...Ok, Im glad you explained yourself.But it doesnt mean that we are gonna stop posting about it, artist are out their that i enjoy listening to, and thats not gonna change.I like all variations of music, but i enjoy HIP HOP Rap the most.

SR
08-30-2007, 11:14 AM
Ok, Im glad you explained yourself.But it doesnt mean that we are gonna stop posting about it, artist are out their that i enjoy listening to, and thats not gonna change.I like all variations of music, but i enjoy HIP HOP Rap the most.

I didn't explain myself...I explained why rap today is garbage...even Nas knows it...

BroncoSexyDaddy
08-30-2007, 11:34 AM
I didn't explain myself...I explained why rap today is garbage...even Nas knows it...Its not dead,these guys are good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM0LXwO8BH0

bengaaaaals1688
08-31-2007, 01:02 PM

...as I sit here and listen to "Hit'em Up" by Tupac...don't see songs like that anymore...

That is why if you read the posts we make... most of it isn't about the mainstream rappers. We get a lot of videos of more "underground" rappers, and otherwise less known rappers. If you read most of our posts, we say that we hate the way the game is now, but we also know that there are the few, both mainstream and underground who still have talent. Guys like Game, Eminem, Nas, Jay-Z to a degree, Obie Trice... all these guys have loads of talent and use that talent. Then you have the underground guys, Immortal Technique, Al's boy D.O., guys like that. If you are going to come in here and post, make it somewhat positive and give us songs and things to listen to. Don't just come in here and tell us we shouldn't have this thread.

SR I like you, always have, but I can honestly say I didn't appreciate you saying that we shouldn't have this thread here. Dream doesn't post much in the thread on the other forum, and maybe he will post in this one as there are less of us right now... so it won't be that redundant.

SR
08-31-2007, 01:25 PM
That is why if you read the posts we make... most of it isn't about the mainstream rappers.

The very first post in this thread was about two of the biggest rappers right now...

bengaaaaals1688
08-31-2007, 03:46 PM
The very first post in this thread was about two of the biggest rappers right now...

That was just to see if anyone had heard about it and because I think 50 is the biggest moron in the world. I am going to buy Kanye's album strictly because of what 50 said in hopes that he does actually quit the rap game because of it. Without him the rap game will become much better just from that. It wasn't really a huge discussion piece, just to say that everyone should buy the album to try and rid the game of 50 Cent... and I said most of it isn't about mainstream rappers, of course some of it is going to be, there is no way around that. But for the most part if we are talking about mainstream rappers, barring the select few good ones, it isn't in a good light.

BroncoSexyDaddy
08-31-2007, 03:49 PM
The very first post in this thread was about two of the biggest rappers right now...I didnt grow up like you,I have always had it hard in my life thats why i can relate to Hip Hop Rap.A lot of these guys been through what i went through growing up.You have to had lived the life style or know about it to really know about it.Some rap artist are positive and some negative but i support them all.You cant really blame Rap you have to open your eyes and blame the people higher above these guys,their the ones thats really put it out their for people to listen too.

Another thing is ,Hip Hop Rap the style is starting to turn into Rock and Heavy Metal,these groups are starting to work together.Kayne West,Snoop Dogg and other Rap artest are working with Heavy Metal groups and Rock Groups,its all about the money.The fashion is changing guys are wearing Vans,skeleton jackets , buckles,chains around their waist,spike belts,the culture is starting to come together.It will be all the same pretty soon IMO :listen:

Escobar
08-31-2007, 03:56 PM
Another thing is ,Hip Hop Rap the style is starting to turn into Rock and Heavy Metal,these groups are starting to work together.Kayne West,Snoop Dogg and other Rap artest are working with Heavy Metal groups and Rock Groups,its all about the money.The fashion is changing guys are wearing Vans,skeleton jackets and buckles,chaines around their waist,spike belts,the culture is starting to come together.It will be all the same pretty soon IMO :listen:
ohh man, i will kill myself if that were ever to happen, rap can turn into that , not hip hop though, hip hop has its name, its a genre, its a lifestyle, its not going to convert to anything.

bengaaaaals1688
08-31-2007, 04:02 PM
I didnt grow up like you,I have always had it hard in my life thats why i can relate to Hip Hop Rap.A lot of these guys been through what i went through growing up.You kind of have to have lived the life style or know about it to really know about it.Some of its positive and some negative but i support them all.You cant really blame Rap you have to open your eyes and blame the people higher above these guys,their the ones thats really putting it out their for people to listen too.

Another thing is ,Hip Hop Rap the style is starting to turn into Rock and Heavy Metal,these groups are starting to work together.Kayne West,Snoop Dogg and other Rap artest are working with Heavy Metal groups and Rock Groups,its all about the money.The fashion is changing guys are wearing Vans,skeleton jackets and buckles,chaines around their waist,spike belts,the culture is starting to come together.It will be all the same pretty soon IMO :listen:

Not to argue with you or anything BSD, but there a large amount of mainstream rappers that you can tell never actually grew up the way they say they did. They also happen to not have much talent, but that is a whole different story lol. As for who is to blame... look no further than the fans. All music is changing, and none of it for the better. Even with rock and all, the mainstream groups are no longer the best groups to listen to because they don't care anymore about the music. Way back in the 70s and 80s rock was amazing, the music was unbelievable, the lyrics were great, it was just overall good. In the late 80s and early 90s rap was amazing. They had the lyrics to go with the hooks and beats, unlike the guys nowadays who have hooks and beats and no lyrics. The words actually meant something back then. However, with both genres people listen to it all. Whether that is because we have been brainwashed to believe that music like what Justin Timberlake puts out is good, or if people really are dumb enough to believe it is, I don't know... but if people stopped listening to that crap, then musicians would have no choice but to become good again. Also, a lot of the rap artists who work with metal groups and stuff, do more of taking old metal songs and using the music and hook and making a new song out of it.

Also, I never had to live the life most of these guys, and you lived, I just understand that while I will never know exactly how it was... that it isn't something I want to have to live. I understand how hard it must be for you and them, so I relate to them with that. I also like to try and see how what they say may fit into my life, even though I am just a white kid from the suburbs, because if you listen close enough all of it can be related to life in general rather than just the hood.

Escobar
08-31-2007, 04:06 PM
Not to argue with you or anything BSD, but there a large amount of mainstream rappers that you can tell never actually grew up the way they say they did. They also happen to not have much talent, but that is a whole different story lol. As for who is to blame... look no further than the fans. All music is changing, and none of it for the better. Even with rock and all, the mainstream groups are no longer the best groups to listen to because they don't care anymore about the music. Way back in the 70s and 80s rock was amazing, the music was unbelievable, the lyrics were great, it was just overall good. In the late 80s and early 90s rap was amazing. They had the lyrics to go with the hooks and beats, unlike the guys nowadays who have hooks and beats and no lyrics. The words actually meant something back then. However, with both genres people listen to it all. Whether that is because we have been brainwashed to believe that music like what Justin Timberlake puts out is good, or if people really are dumb enough to believe it is, I don't know... but if people stopped listening to that crap, then musicians would have no choice but to become good again. Also, a lot of the rap artists who work with metal groups and stuff, do more of taking old metal songs and using the music and hook and making a new song out of it.

Also, I never had to live the life most of these guys, and you lived, I just understand that while I will never know exactly how it was... that it isn't something I want to have to live. I understand how hard it must be for you and them, so I relate to them with that. I also like to try and see how what they say may fit into my life, even though I am just a white kid from the suburbs, because if you listen close enough all of it can be related to life in general rather than just the hood.
great post, too bad they don't have cp's here.... :salute:

bengaaaaals1688
08-31-2007, 04:12 PM
great post, too bad they don't have cp's here.... :salute:

Haha thanks man... and thanks for the props as being the first one to tell you about this board.:Cry:

Escobar
08-31-2007, 04:20 PM
Haha thanks man... and thanks for the props as being the first one to tell you about this board.:Cry:

lol, it was actually denver native, but thank you too :first:

SR
08-31-2007, 04:26 PM
I didnt grow up like you,I have always had it hard in my life thats why i can relate to Hip Hop Rap.A lot of these guys been through what i went through growing up.You kind of have to have lived the life style or know about it to really know about it.Some of its positive and some negative but i support them all.You cant really blame Rap you have to open your eyes and blame the people higher above these guys,their the ones thats really putting it out their for people to listen too.

For starters, don't tell me how I grew up. I didn't have **** for 2/3 of my childhood. You don't know what I've been through or what has happened to me, so before you pass judgement on someone you may want to know what that other person has been through. We were poor and my dad was a druggie until I was about 5. I smoked pot out of his pipe that was taped up in a Varnet sunglasses case when I was 14. So does that mean that just because I had it rough for a while I should listen to rap because I can relate to it? Negatory. I listen to REAL rap because of the raw emotion, stories of real life, and for the creativity that it USED to have...not this "this is why I'm hot" garbage.

You've got the internet. It can't be all that bad for you...but you have the same chance to make it in life that everyone else has it. You dictate where you go. It's up to you to make sure you make the right choices in life, get a good education, and do well for yourself to see to it that you succeed. Don't let anything stand in your way. I take it you're young. You type like you're young anyway. Don't let this materialistic crap that today's rappers are about influence what you want in life. Money and material items are not what makes people happy. Money makes it easier to be happy, but it's not everything...trust me on that...

The "culture" of the type of music I listen to will NEVER merge with the "culture" that hip-hop seems to have created. Yes, bands like Korn have done songs with Nas and Ice Cube and Maralyn Manson did a song with who ever (or had who ever in his video)...but Korn went from being an underground, emo metal band to a poppy, sell out band.

SR
08-31-2007, 04:31 PM
Also, a lot of the rap artists who work with metal groups and stuff, do more of taking old metal songs and using the music and hook and making a new song out of it.

I almost cried when Puff Daddy redid "Kasmir" for the Godzilla soundtrack. What a friggin shame...

bengaaaaals1688
08-31-2007, 04:43 PM
I almost cried when Puff Daddy redid "Kasmir" for the Godzilla soundtrack. What a friggin shame...

Well Puff Daddy is horrendous to begin with lol. My 2 favorite rap remakes of old songs are Walk This Way by Run DMC, and Sing for the Moment by Eminem. Sing for the Moment because of the meaning and depth to the song, and obviously the lyrical talent it shows... and Walk This Way just because of how good a job they did with staying with the original meaning and all of the song. Run DMC, is IMO, one of the greatest if not the greatest, rap group in the history of rap.

bengaaaaals1688
09-03-2007, 02:31 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GtbHx7Hexow

300 Bars by the Game.

Escobar
09-04-2007, 01:18 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=kREgHbowtY8

'get this low'

and no, its not from the people who are killing hip hop like lil jon and those clowns....

enjoy it...:beer:

AlWilsonizKING
09-04-2007, 11:06 PM
I love this album!!!!

"I shall Proceeeed"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPepJ43SqJY

"Girl you know that you need to stop giving me the silent......treeeatment baby."
http://youtube.com/watch?v=AAqVHnsLww0

PEACE!!!

AlWilsonizKING
09-04-2007, 11:15 PM
Okay one more.......

"Rakim'll say..........Follow the leader!!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ-rEpM6OhQ&mode=related&search=

PEACE!!!

AlWilsonizKING
09-04-2007, 11:24 PM
And DJ P breaks down "Top 40" and the sheep that listen to and are blinded by it.............baaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EXk9J9xMVpg&mode=related&search=

PEACE!!!

Escobar
09-05-2007, 08:57 AM
I love this album!!!!

"I shall Proceeeed"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPepJ43SqJY

"Girl you know that you need to stop giving me the silent......treeeatment baby."
http://youtube.com/watch?v=AAqVHnsLww0

PEACE!!!

Indeed, my brother got me this baaaaaaaack in the day, classic stuff

Escobar
09-05-2007, 08:58 AM
Okay one more.......

"Rakim'll say..........Follow the leader!!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ-rEpM6OhQ&mode=related&search=

PEACE!!!

LOL, classic, you already know my stand on the rap god....:beer: hes :first:

Escobar
09-05-2007, 09:03 AM
And DJ P breaks down "Top 40" and the sheep that listen to and are blinded by it.............baaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EXk9J9xMVpg&mode=related&search=

PEACE!!!

'open your mind more if you listen to 50 cent' lol......classic

Escobar
09-06-2007, 10:56 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GG6TWB8aebY

SOTF

only the strong survive

rip killa bee

Escobar
09-06-2007, 10:58 AM
the meth!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pjUPXKskYNc

is it me

:beer::beer:

Spyder
09-06-2007, 02:05 PM
Go Go Go Go Shawty :]]

Escobar
09-06-2007, 03:11 PM
Go Go Go Go Shawty :]]

hey, whats up spyder.....:beer::beer:

how are those lakers looking, kobe doing great so far in the qualifying tourny or whatever

Spyder
09-07-2007, 01:15 AM
hey, whats up spyder.....:beer::beer:

how are those lakers looking, kobe doing great so far in the qualifying tourny or whatever

I think he still wants to be traded, though. I seen an article saying something like that. :[[

SR
09-07-2007, 07:58 PM
I just lost all respect for NAS and his song that he played at the VT concert last night. He dedicated a song to Bill O'Reilly that stated in the chorus "die mother f***er die", as well as many other vulgarities. Who goes to a memorial concert and plays such a horrible song. Is this what rappers have stooped to?:tsk:

Requiem / The Dagda
09-07-2007, 08:06 PM
Nas doesn't like Bill O'Reilly. I never really liked him as a rapper, but plus one to him on that. :laugh:

SR
09-07-2007, 08:33 PM
Nas doesn't like Bill O'Reilly. I never really liked him as a rapper, but plus one to him on that. :laugh:

He accused O'Reilly of being racist and wished death upon him at a memorial concert. Tasteless and classless IMO. I wouldn't care if he was saying those things about Hilary Clinton...I still wouldn't like it...

Spyder
09-07-2007, 08:46 PM
Hahaha Nas...... :]]

Bill O'Reilly is horrible.

SR
09-07-2007, 09:12 PM

I'm not a huge O'Reilly fan either...but it doesn't make it right for Nas to dedicate that song to him.

It doesn't matter to me who he was saying that stuff about, the point that he said it when and where he did is what really pissed me off. A MEMORIAL CONCERT for the people of VT...there's a time and place for everything...Nas screwed the pooch on that one...

Spyder
09-07-2007, 09:44 PM
I'm not a huge O'Reilly fan either...but it doesn't make it right for Nas to dedicate that song to him.

It doesn't matter to me who he was saying that stuff about, the point that he said it when and where he did is what really pissed me off. A MEMORIAL CONCERT for the people of VT...there's a time and place for everything...Nas screwed the pooch on that one...

I agree it was tasteless and classless to do it when he did it.

He should of saved it for one of his tours or one of his NY concerts.

Escobar
09-08-2007, 01:23 AM
thats my nygga nas 4 u suckas!! :bounce::bounce:

death to all racists....:salute:

he probably has been hanging with immortal technique a bit too much LOL, would love to see nas in I-T's new album soon! can't wait!!!:beer:

SR
09-08-2007, 01:26 AM
thats my nygga nas 4 u suckas!! :bounce::bounce:

death to all racists....:salute:

he probably has been hanging with immortal technique a bit too much LOL, would love to see nas in I-T's new album soon! can't wait!!!:beer:

You live in Phoenix? Oh lord...I sure know you don't live somewhere like Guadalupe or South Phoenix...

This (in bold) is why I don't like rap's influence on today...a classless, tasteless person makes stupid comments about a person that are entirely false and wishes death upon said person at a BENEFIT concert for one of the worst domestic terror events in this country's existence...and you're glad he said it...reflects very much on you...

Escobar
09-08-2007, 01:34 AM
You live in Phoenix? Oh lord...I sure know you don't live somewhere like Guadalupe or South Phoenix...

This (in bold) is why I don't like rap's influence on today...a classless, tasteless person makes stupid comments about a person that are entirely false and wishes death upon said person at a BENEFIT concert for one of the worst domestic terror events in this country's existence...and you're glad he said it...reflects very much on you...

thought you had me blocked? :rolleyes: Nope, i live in East phoenix dunn, no, forget that your not my dunn... ;) so your saying o'reilly is NOT racist? :laugh: you have earmuffs and blindfolds on again? Been listening to rcsodak too much kiddo... :coffee:

Im super duper glad he said it, snoop has said it, everyone has said it...hes obviously a racist, you can keep denying it...

anyways, this is a hip hop thread...like post videos...

spyder, check this out son, nas murdered this track...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tXKNlJAFdvA

Escobar
09-08-2007, 01:40 AM
Treason (dirty n uncencensor sons)

LoL!

seeingRed should avoid this at all cause LOL

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eJVGZyOYw4M

Spyder
09-08-2007, 01:43 AM
thought you had me blocked? :rolleyes: Nope, i live in East phoenix dunn, no, forget that your not my dunn... ;) so your saying o'reilly is NOT racist? :laugh: you have earmuffs and blindfolds on again? Been listening to rcsodak too much kiddo... :coffee:

Im super duper glad he said it, snoop has said it, everyone has said it...hes obviously a racist, you can keep denying it...

anyways, this is a hip hop thread...like post videos...

spyder, check this out son, nas murdered this track...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tXKNlJAFdvA

Bill O'Reilly is WELL known racist, it's been out there for quite a while now.

Snoop has stated it, Ludacris stated, now Nas is stating it, uh coincidence? I think not, he's pretty terrible....

Anyway, that is a tight song, wasn't that like one of his very first joints? I've heard that on some mixtape edition, but they play that on the old school rap station around here quite often, I just never really paid a whole lot of attention to it.

He made an average beat kill with those lyrics, man. :]

Escobar
09-08-2007, 01:45 AM

Snoop has stated it, Ludacris stated, now Nas is stating it, uh coincidence? I think not, he's pretty terrible....

Anyway, that is a tight song, wasn't that like one of his very first joints? I've heard that on some mixtape edition, but they play that on the old school rap station around here quite often, I just never really paid a whole lot of attention to it.

on da real my nyg

camp lo lucini

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GG405y51cVk

thank goodness for devilspawn, this is his track :beer:

Escobar
09-08-2007, 01:49 AM
i love this track

East coast n West coast!!

nas ft game hustlers

http://youtube.com/watch?v=A3hFFflNlvI

:beer::beer::beer::beer:

SR
09-08-2007, 01:51 AM

O'Reilly is not a "WELL known racist". You think he's a racist because he's a conservative, old-school, white guy who doesn't buy in to the crap y'all believe. In all fairness, these rappers accusing O'Reilly of being racist against blacks are just as guilty of being racist against whites. Like it or not, agree or not, but it's the truth.

...but I hope it's okay with you guys if I start calling you my "Nyggas"...if you can do it, I can do it. This thread is garbage, just like all the crap you're posting. And, yes, I did watch and listen to every single link that has been posted except the past couple.

I grew up listening rap and am always looking for something new to get me back in to it...but so far...nothing...

Spyder
09-08-2007, 01:56 AM
O'Reilly is not a "WELL known racist". You think he's a racist because he's a conservative, old-school, white guy who doesn't buy in to the crap y'all believe. In all fairness, these rappers accusing O'Reilly of being racist against blacks are just as guilty of being racist against whites. Like it or not, agree or not, but it's the truth.

...but I hope it's okay with you guys if I start calling you my "Nyggas"...if you can do it, I can do it. This thread is garbage, just like all the crap you're posting. And, yes, I did watch and listen to every single link that has been posted except the past couple.

I grew up listening rap and am always looking for something new to get me back in to it...but so far...nothing...

What's a conservative, old-school, white guy? Someone who continues to take blows at all things that are black or labeled black? The guy's a racist whether you wanna believe it or not. 90% of the time a black person (a rapper) is on his show it's just for him to take shots at them for doing what they do.

Bottom line is it's none of his business what black people wanna do aslong as it's not concerning him. There's a war in the middle east, people starving in da streets, kids growing up in foster homes and this man wants to invite rappers on his show just to bash them? That's old-school? Hahahahaha!!!

Old school white boys taking blows at the black man for making eye contact with their white women, HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Escobar
09-08-2007, 01:57 AM
lol ^

hoodlum :rolleyes: lol

rakim murdered this track aswell as mobb du n big noyd

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DJzk5ZWSDvI

Escobar
09-08-2007, 01:58 AM
What's a conservative, old-school, white guy? Someone who continues to take blows at all things that are black or labeled black? The guy's a racist whether you wanna believe it or not. 90% of the time a black person (a rapper) is on his show it's just for him to take shots at them for doing what they do.

Bottom line is it's none of his business what black people wanna do aslong as it's not concerning him. There's a war in the middle east, people starving in da streets, kids growing up in foster homes and this man wants to invite rappers on his show just to bash them? That's old-school? Hahahahaha!!!

Old school white boys taking blows at the black man for making eye contact with their white women, HAHAHAHAHAHA.

lol, yea real old school :rolleyes:

lolllllllllllllllllllllllll dam, im :elefant::laugh:

Spyder
09-08-2007, 01:59 AM
i love this track

nas ft game hustlers

:beer::beer::beer::beer:

That's the song me and my uncle got bumpin' in our car right now, that's tight as hell.

The Game got that West Coast style flowin with an East Coast rhythm, I wanna see put out some more joints like this with Nas, he proves he can kill when given da chance.

Escobar
09-08-2007, 02:04 AM
That's the song me and my uncle got bumpin' in our car right now, that's tight as hell.

The Game got that West Coast style flowin with an East Coast rhythm, I wanna see put out some more joints like this with Nas, he proves he can kill when given da chance.

Game first album was fire, then all that g-unit beef really was unneccessary. His second album wasn't all that..

but he can kill da track, just gotta be consistent with it

Spyder
09-08-2007, 02:06 AM
Game first album was fire, then all that g-unit beef really was unneccessary. His second album wasn't all that..

Yeah, his second album flopped, IMO, his first one though was as tight as any album I heard in a good long while.

He can kill tracks, but his problem is that consistency, he'll kill two tracks them screw up on one and that'll quickly change everyone's opinion on him.

Still tho gotta rep da CPT for us nyggas tryin to make it in da rap game :]]

Escobar
09-08-2007, 02:09 AM
Yeah, his second album flopped, IMO, his first one though was as tight as any album I heard in a good long while.

He can kill tracks, but his problem is that consistency, he'll kill two tracks them screw up on one and that'll quickly change everyone's opinion on him.

Still tho gotta rep da CPT for us nyggas tryin to make it in da rap game :]]

yea yea i feel you there....do your thing...:beer:

Escobar
09-08-2007, 02:15 AM
by the way, thats a very nice 'game' sig, i like it alot :beer:

Spyder
09-08-2007, 02:18 AM
by the way, thats a very nice 'game' sig, i like it alot :beer:

Thanks, photoshop can do wonders even for people who have little to no idea what they're doing :laugh:

Escobar
09-08-2007, 02:21 AM
Thanks, photoshop can do wonders even for people who have little to no idea what they're doing :laugh:

double 'game' chains i keep on display, black tee so all you can see is the hate, turn on the tv, and all you see is the A, yall nyggas better keep making dance songs to get radio play LOL

i laughed so hard when i first heard that line...wow :first:

Spyder
09-08-2007, 02:15 PM
double 'game' chains i keep on display, black tee so all you can see is the hate, turn on the tv, and all you see is the A, yall nyggas better keep making dance songs to get radio play LOL

i laughed so hard when i first heard that line...wow :first:

Bwhahaha that killed man I was like LOL!! when I first heard that :elefant:

bengaaaaals1688
09-08-2007, 02:56 PM

Game didn't start the G-Unit beef... 50 dragged him into it, and Game is the one who ended it. As for that, Game utterly destroyed G-Unit, but that is for a different aspect of the conversation lol. As for his second album, I like it myself. He has to get more consistent, but I like his second album, though it definitely isn't anywhere near the first one.

silver_black
09-08-2007, 03:30 PM

Bill O'Reilly is great, most of the so-called "rap" mentioned here is straight garbage. :tsk:

what a shame when "hip-pop" is considered hip-hop :tsk:

bengaaaaals1688
09-08-2007, 03:42 PM
Bill O'Reilly is great, most of the so-called "rap" mentioned here is straight garbage. :tsk:

I guess it's a good thing none of us actually listen to "hip-pop" isn't it?? Find one song that was posted seriously that can be considered "hip-pop.":rolleyes:

bengaaaaals1688
09-08-2007, 03:51 PM
i love this track

nas ft game hustlers

:beer::beer::beer:

I have this song, but it is titled QB Tru G's, not Hustlers... what is the actual name??:confused:

silver_black
09-08-2007, 04:01 PM
I guess it's a good thing none of us actually listen to "hip-pop" isn't it?? Find one song that was posted seriously that can be considered "hip-pop.":rolleyes:

sure The Game, Slim, Kanye, 50. Mobb Deep fell of the planet after their classic "The Infamous" they're one of the worst offenders. Rakim's vintage, absolute icon. Talib Kweli's a shell of his former self. I'm not dissing him, he's just put out so much better stuff in the past.

Spyder
09-08-2007, 04:31 PM

Nah.

Bill O'Reilly is terrible and racist.

AlWilsonizKING
09-08-2007, 06:05 PM
This thread is garbage, just like all the crap you're posting. And, yes, I did watch and listen to every single link that has been posted except the past couple.

Ignorance is bliss as they say.....if ya don't like the thread....why keep clicking on it?!?!?!?!?!?!?! This isn't the smack section if that's all you're in this thread for.......

That's because you refuse to open you closed mind........you can't enjoy something if you refuse to try and enjoy it......from ever one of your posts, I can tell you're not willing to try = Closeminded!!

PEACE!!!

bengaaaaals1688
09-08-2007, 06:35 PM
sure The Game, Slim, Kanye, 50. Mobb Deep fell of the planet after their classic "The Infamous" they're one of the worst offenders. Rakim's vintage, absolute icon. Talib Kweli's a shell of his former self. I'm not dissing him, he's just put out so much better stuff in the past.

The Game and Slim aren't anywhere near "hip-pop." Kanye and 50, I made one comment about because I despise 50 and by buying Kanye's album there is a chance 50 leaves the game. The song posted with Mobb Deep in it is good, and Kweli may not be as good as he used to be, but that doesn't make him "hip-pop." Like it or not Eminem is one of the best rappers in history, and the Game is creeping up there lyrically. Besides, there isn't one link posted with Eminem in it, nor Kanye or 50.

Escobar
09-08-2007, 10:19 PM

i really hope your just trying to stick up for seeingRed, if not.......wow :shocked::shocked:

SR
09-08-2007, 11:03 PM
Nah.

Bill O'Reilly is terrible and racist.

If you want to see racist, I can show you racist. You've got no idea what racist is.

Escobar
09-08-2007, 11:14 PM
If you want to see racist, I can show you racist. You've got no idea what racist is.

lets see it, pretty sure ive already seen it, maybe even experienced it first hand...

Spyder
09-08-2007, 11:49 PM

What is it then?

Hanging black men from trees?

Lynching black men in da south for eyeing a white woman?

Calling black men nyggers?

Making black men go the back of the bus?

Spitting on black men's faces for no apparent reason?

I dunno what else..

BroncoSexyDaddy
09-10-2007, 01:22 AM
Rate this freestyle

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rP3qL4UG1TI

BroncoSexyDaddy
09-10-2007, 01:39 AM

He made an average beat kill with those lyrics, man. :]Wassap Spyder :welcome:

This is what Snoop Dogg had to say about O'Reilly

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MWDVpSUXHeM

Hawgdriver
09-10-2007, 04:38 AM
Hey AWIZK, have you heard of POS/Doomtree?

Escobar
09-10-2007, 08:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc37yDVDb9U

you ain't even in my clasa....:coffee:

bengaaaaals1688
09-10-2007, 11:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc37yDVDb9U

you ain't even in my clasa....:coffee:

Sick song... minus Fat Joe, I just hate that man's raps.

Escobar
09-10-2007, 12:45 PM
Sick song... minus Fat Joe, I just hate that man's raps.

TRUE TRUE, although i don't think he did THAT BAD in this song, but they could of put someone other than him that would of murdered this song lyrically wise. Or actually, they should of just ended it with raekon...

Escobar
09-10-2007, 01:54 PM
http://a343.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/70/l_baf736c353bd69a3ae3e20e8b085bf9e.jpg

After taking nearly five years off to focus on his family and lock himself in the lab, Cormega is back with two new projects -- one being Legal Hustle Presents: Got Beats, a producer's instrumental album, and "Who Am I," a new documentary DVD and accompanying soundtrack.

"Who Am I?" will give fans an inside look into the life of Cormega. Executive produced by Cormega and filmed by Jordan Tower, four years of Cormega's life have been edited into a two hour documentary, which he began filming in 2001.

"This DVD follows me through the duration of 2001-2005, starting with The Realness," explains Cormega. "The idea behind the documentary was to show my life as an independent artist and as a person."

The DVD will come packaged with five previous unreleased music videos and will be accompanied by a soundtrack.

The first scene of the documentary was filmed in Virginia in 2001 by Choke No Joke with majority of the additional footage documented by Jordan Tower in various places including New York, Atlanta, Pennsylvania, and California. Along with friends and members of Cormega's inner circle, Ron Artest, Ghostface, Kurupt, Jayo Felony, Kay Slay, Pete Rock, Marley Marl, Large Professor, Nature, and others make appearances on the film.

Along with tour / performance footage, as a bonus to the documentary, Legal Hustle Records has included the videos for "R U My N----" and "Get Out My Way," directed by Fred Garcia, "I'm Built For This" directed by Choke No Joke, "Live Ya Life" and "The True Meaning" directed by Cormega and Jordan Tower.

The accompanying soundtrack features Cormega and various artists such as Dwele, The Jacka, Keak Da Sneak, and Yukmouth, among others.

"Who Am I?" is slated for release on October 23, while the aforementioned Got Beats album is slated for October 9.

A trailer can be viewed on YouTube.com.

Escobar
09-10-2007, 02:18 PM
Cormega, Raw Forever : Dude is so slept on he should change his name to Sealy. I originally picked up a copy of "My Brothers Keeper" from smoking section just to give it a spin and see if the dude was bringing heat. The version I picked up was just mega's verses without Lakey the Kid. After listening to a couple tracks I was blown away by the lyrics and how deep the **** that Cormega was talking about was. Speaking on his jail time. " When my cells closed, my brain cells exposed, with the pen I excel, to a part of hell froze". His effortless rhyme style and gritty tales of growing up in queensbridge left me yearning for more. Over the next month or two after I picked up that album it was on. I was introduced to Corey McKay, one of the illest rappers of all time. Most heard of Cormega because of the beef between him and Nas. A track on the Rapper/Hustler mixtape titled "Realmatic" stood out where Cormega completely rips Nas apart. "If we go at it to the death it would be me, surviving, i'm a lion graceful defiant, Nas you never even spent a day on the island". Of all beefs in rap history I would say that Mega takes the crown for doing extreme damage to Nas' ego. I feel like Nas fell off in part because of the disses by Mega. The one song that I've heard Nas reply to Mega is called "Destroy and Rebuild". In this song nas claims that mega got snuffed (shot) and didn't do anything about it. Mega of course replied with the unreleased track "Slick Response" on hot 97. In that song he kills any claims Nas makes about him........But enough about the bullshit. For some people rap is something to listen to and as long as the beat is good some could care less about the lyrical content. I'm the exact opposite and if a rapper doesn't have intellect and insight to deeper parts of life then I can't stand to listen to it. Cormega will satisfy anyones thirst for street knowledge and wisdom. The music filled with tales of betrayal, death, and drug dealing among other things. For a guy that saw his mother murdered in front of him, I'd say he's doing the right thing by channeling his aggression into his music. The healing process is a long one and Mega really sorts out his life on his albums. His rhyme style is uncomparable and takes some getting used to, but once your pulled in it's hard turn around. Being introduced to Cormega is like taking the "red pill" in the matrix. You might not like what you see, but now you know the truth. The Realness<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><div style="text-align: center;">Originally recorded in mid 90's and scheduled for a 96-97' release date. This album didn't see the light of any record store until 2005. This album was shelved and pushed back due to lack of promotion. The controversial track "Dead Man Walking" tells the true story of Cormega getting shot and then getting revenge, which had some CEO's over at Def Jam shaking their heads. Cormega finally gained the right to this masterpeice of an album and was able to release it on his own label Legal Hustle Cormega's debut album "The Realness". The title of the album says it all. After being kicked out of The Firm and being incarcerated on the verge of blowing up Mega had a lot to talk about. From my understanding Mega was dropped from the firm because he refused to sign a contract. He was replaced by Nature who is a fraction of the MC.<

bengaaaaals1688
09-10-2007, 07:41 PM
TRUE TRUE, although i don't think he did THAT BAD in this song, but they could of put someone other than him that would of murdered this song lyrically wise. Or actually, they should of just ended it with raekon...

That wouldn't have been a bad idea. I can't even listen to Joe rap... he just annoys the hell out of me.

AlWilsonizKING
09-10-2007, 11:03 PM
Hey AWIZK, have you heard of POS/Doomtree?

I heard what you posted.....liked the heavy feel to some of the songs.

PEACE!!!

Hawgdriver
09-11-2007, 01:29 AM
I heard what you posted.....liked the heavy feel to some of the songs.

PEACE!!!

Did I post anything? I don't think I did. I'm going to be working downtown Denver starting in a couple of weeks, so I'll burn you a copy or whatever. You sure you heard 'em?

AlWilsonizKING
09-11-2007, 06:14 PM
Did I post anything? I don't think I did. I'm going to be working downtown Denver starting in a couple of weeks, so I'll burn you a copy or whatever. You sure you heard 'em?

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showpost.php?p=1925125&postcount=452

Okay you didn't post any songs but you did mention him over on BM and I did a youtube search for him and liked what I found.

Heck yeah I'll take a copy of that. I'm definitly feeling his flow.

PEACE!!!

Requiem / The Dagda
09-11-2007, 09:03 PM
Don't look now kids, but Dream is stepping these remies like he's robbing the place, wireless mic on his waist, focusing hookah ebonics guarding his game face.

BroncoSexyDaddy
09-12-2007, 07:14 PM
Trick Daddy was arrested after club fight.Someone gave Trick Daddy tha business :eek:

http://www.comcast.net/music/index.jsp?cat=MUSIC&fn=/2007/09/12/761307.html

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Qu4OX_LAX7A

BroncoSexyDaddy
09-12-2007, 07:30 PM
It looks like 50 cent will be retiring from the rap game,Kanje West is outselling 50 cent in Hip Hop sells.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/music/la-et-rapweb12sep12,1,4273946.story?coll=la-entnews-music&ctrack=1&cset=true

BroncoSexyDaddy
09-12-2007, 07:39 PM
I like this song by Kanje West

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Iv-psyMPGqo

bengaaaaals1688
09-12-2007, 09:11 PM
It looks like 50 cent will be retiring from the rap game,Kanje West is outselling 50 cent in Hip Hop sells.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/music/la-et-rapweb12sep12,1,4273946.story?coll=la-entnews-music&ctrack=1&cset=true

50 ain't going to retire. He is just going to look like the biggest moron around when he has to say... never mind it was all a a joke.:rolleyes:

And it is going to be GREAT.:D

AlWilsonizKING
09-12-2007, 09:48 PM
50 ain't going to retire. He is just going to look like the biggest moron around when he has to say... never mind it was all a a joke.:rolleyes:

And it is going to be GREAT.:D

Yeah just a publicity stunt to get record sales............not from me.

PEACE!!!

bengaaaaals1688
09-13-2007, 01:29 AM
Yeah just a publicity stunt to get record sales............not from me.

PEACE!!!

And clearly it isn't working... I can't wait for him to make himself look like a bigger moron than he already does.:beer:

Escobar
09-13-2007, 11:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cepDZoaC2NA

fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiire

BroncoSexyDaddy
09-14-2007, 12:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cepDZoaC2NA

fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiireIt was the first ive heard of him,its was cool! Deep lyrics :cool:

Escobar
09-14-2007, 10:07 AM
It was the first ive heard of him,its was cool! Deep lyrics :cool:

Yea dude, xibit was in there too :beer:

So was nas and jay z.:cool:

Escobar
09-14-2007, 10:10 AM
first time? wow, im POSITVE that if he was still alive he would of been the best mc to ever spit on the mic, theres no doubt...ALL his albums were fire, nobody will be like him, not even papoose..

check this out, more fire here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBrzEVJwYFg

Escobar
09-14-2007, 10:14 AM
You'll love this one broncosexydaddy, pac murdered this track...RIP it was 11 years yesterday since he died......RIP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f337HGNP2o

BroncoSexyDaddy
09-15-2007, 10:44 PM
Kelly Rowland/Snoop Dogg Colaboration

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OMDf-yaJMYg

BroncoSexyDaddy
09-15-2007, 10:49 PM
You'll love this one broncosexydaddy, pac murdered this track...RIP it was 11 years yesterday since he died......RIP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f337HGNP2oThat was tha bomb,real fire :elefant: :beer:

bengaaaaals1688
09-18-2007, 06:30 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PIe0G2nJYhs

Cigarettes by Fort Minor... good description of the state of the game today.

BroncoSexyDaddy
09-19-2007, 10:36 PM
Currency

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Uq_E3ZSlKMQ

BroncoSexyDaddy
09-19-2007, 10:54 PM
I feel like dying Lil Wayne

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vuyEgvCVYd8

bengaaaaals1688
09-21-2007, 12:05 AM
This is quite possibly the deepest song I have ever listened to.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5pqiqrnZE44

You Never Know- Immortal Technique

Escobar
09-21-2007, 12:42 PM
This is quite possibly the deepest song I have ever listened to.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5pqiqrnZE44

You Never Know- Immortal Technique

Yea indeed, that one is a sad one.

Escobar
09-21-2007, 12:43 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=eayTll0X6IA

wow, rip lamont coleman

bengaaaaals1688
09-21-2007, 01:00 PM

wow, rip lamont coleman

I can't watch it right now because Youtube is being ridiculous, but I will watch that... and BSD's most recent ones n ext chance I get.

bengaaaaals1688
09-21-2007, 05:51 PM

wow, rip lamont coleman

That was pretty hot... Mc Ren, by the way, is quickly becoming one of my favorite rappers right now.

BSD- The Wayne song, I thought was pretty bad personally, but that freestyle wasn't all that bad. It was actually pretty good.:salute:

Escobar
09-22-2007, 02:21 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QwkDRewPqtk

:cool::cool::cool:

bengaaaaals1688
09-23-2007, 12:00 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QwkDRewPqtk

:cool::cool::cool:

Original rapper... nothin' but respect for Common.:salute:

Poet
09-26-2007, 12:46 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GtbHx7Hexow

300 Bars by the Game.

One of the very best diss songs I have ever heard. As far as this new culture of rap, I think that if you listen to a lot of the songs that are released you hear club music. People like to go to clubs and listen to something that has a good beat and lyrics that are flashy so they can basically dance to it. Once you get past the club music you may hear some good stuff. There are some very talented good rappers out right now, as good as Tupac and Nas, well not very many are. Jeezy and Lil Wayne are both very good rappers.

I am sorry to hear about your tough times everyone. There is a reason why a lot of rappers quickly get out of their childhood stomping grounds when they make it big; and there is a reason why they strive to get out of their tough times.

Poet
09-26-2007, 12:47 AM
Original rapper... nothin' but respect for Common.:salute:

I have no respect for a rapper that did a commercial for the Gap.

Escobar
09-26-2007, 01:29 AM
aye bengals, who da hell is this guy up here ^ ??? sure doesn't know much...

anyways, i haven't been posting here, or any forums lately, been extremly busy with life, but i'll post some other good vids here soon. take it ez fellas

bengaaaaals1688
09-26-2007, 04:56 PM

anyways, i haven't been posting here, or any forums lately, been extremly busy with life, but i'll post some other good vids here soon. take it ez fellas

Friend from the Bengals board... has a tendency to get very opinionated lol.

King... there are no rappers, at least new ones, that are as good as Pac and Nas. Jeezy is good, Wayne is eh... the old rappers that are still around are as good(Eminem, Snoop, etc), but besides that there is nobody at that level. As for Common... without him we wouldn't have rap as we know it, he is one of the pioneers and always, always has a good message in his songs.

Poet
09-26-2007, 05:55 PM

King... there are no rappers, at least new ones, that are as good as Pac and Nas. Jeezy is good, Wayne is eh... the old rappers that are still around are as good(Eminem, Snoop, etc), but besides that there is nobody at that level. As for Common... without him we wouldn't have rap as we know it, he is one of the pioneers and always, always has a good message in his songs.

Common did a commercial for the Gap, I don't care if he invented rap he sucks. Lil Wayne spits insanity and always has, when he is done someone has to leave the top ten list.

bengaaaaals1688
09-26-2007, 06:14 PM
Common did a commercial for the Gap, I don't care if he invented rap he sucks. Lil Wayne spits insanity and always has, when he is done someone has to leave the top ten list.

Wayne... is unbelievably inconsistent and sometimes just says things that either make no sense, are completely unnecessary, or both. He has some good songs, but he has nowhere near consistently good and he almost never says anything worthwhile. Who would you take out of the top ten for Wayne?? MC Ren?? Jay-Z?? Nas?? Eminem?? Pac?? Biggie?? Kane?? KRS?? Big L?? Rakim?? Wayne isn't better than any of them... and Game will be in the top 10 before Wayne is.

Doing a commercial for Gap... has absolutely nothing to do with his legend in rap, by the way.

Poet
09-26-2007, 06:42 PM

I deleted what I said.......

The backup of your argument is stellar though..........

Poet
09-26-2007, 06:46 PM
Wayne... is unbelievably inconsistent and sometimes just says things that either make no sense, are completely unnecessary, or both. He has some good songs, but he has nowhere near consistently good and he almost never says anything worthwhile. Who would you take out of the top ten for Wayne?? MC Ren?? Jay-Z?? Nas?? Eminem?? Pac?? Biggie?? Kane?? KRS?? Big L?? Rakim?? Wayne isn't better than any of them... and Game will be in the top 10 before Wayne is.

Doing a commercial for Gap... has absolutely nothing to do with his legend in rap, by the way.

Hold on a second, exactly what Cds of Lil Wayne have you been listening to? Ever since The Carter he has been the best rapper in the game. Eminem hasn't done anything recently, and his last two CD's have been less then stellar. Eminem has made his living out of being a white rapper, not a great rapper. I used to listen to Eminem when I was younger, and thank god I got a lot smarter.

bengaaaaals1688
09-26-2007, 06:50 PM
Hold on a second, exactly what Cds of Lil Wayne have you been listening to? Ever since The Carter he has been the best rapper in the game. Eminem hasn't done anything recently, and his last two CD's have been less then stellar. Eminem has made his living out of being a white rapper, not a great rapper. I used to listen to Eminem when I was younger, and thank god I got a lot smarter.

Ever since the Carter... Lil' Wayne has been Lil' Wayne. Not the best rapper in the game... and which 2 last CD's are you referring to?? Eminem Show and Encore?? What exactly was wrong with those, besides him being more subtle with it?? He made his living out of being a writer, not being white, not being a rapper... being a writer, which is what made him a great rapper. He was able to write things that were unbelievably good when put together as a rap. Eminem is the second best lyricist/rapper in history and that's pretty much all there is to it. Wayne can't touch anyone in the top 10, either now or before.

Poet
09-26-2007, 06:50 PM

Amazing how that sentence describes us both..........

bengaaaaals1688
09-26-2007, 06:52 PM
Amazing how that sentence describes us both..........

Never denied that I do either...

Poet
09-26-2007, 06:56 PM
Ever since the Carter... Lil' Wayne has been Lil' Wayne. Not the best rapper in the game... and which 2 last CD's are you referring to?? Eminem Show and Encore?? What exactly was wrong with those, besides him being more subtle with it?? He made his living out of being a writer, not being white, not being a rapper... being a writer, which is what made him a great rapper. He was able to write things that were unbelievably good when put together as a rap. Eminem is the second best lyricist/rapper in history and that's pretty much all there is to it. Wayne can't touch anyone in the top 10, either now or before.

Who has been better then Lil Wayne since then? It sure hasn't been Jay Z, hasn't been Eminem, hasn't been Nas, since the Carter dropped no one has rapped better then him. Eminem got attention for being white, his draw was "Look at that crazy white boy right there, what is he going to say next?" He is the Mike Vick of the rap game. When Mike Vick came into the NFL there where a ton of mobile QBs that played before him, but not one had as much football speed as he did, and no one would run as much as he did. There where other white guys who rapped before Eminem, but none of them where really all that good IMO (not a beastie boys fan sorry). But because he was the first white rapper who didn't totally blow chunks and had a moderate amount of skill all of a sudden he is this rap legend...

bengaaaaals1688
09-26-2007, 08:17 PM
Who has been better then Lil Wayne since then? It sure hasn't been Jay Z, hasn't been Eminem, hasn't been Nas, since the Carter dropped no one has rapped better then him. Eminem got attention for being white, his draw was "Look at that crazy white boy right there, what is he going to say next?" He is the Mike Vick of the rap game. When Mike Vick came into the NFL there where a ton of mobile QBs that played before him, but not one had as much football speed as he did, and no one would run as much as he did. There where other white guys who rapped before Eminem, but none of them where really all that good IMO (not a beastie boys fan sorry). But because he was the first white rapper who didn't totally blow chunks and had a moderate amount of skill all of a sudden he is this rap legend...

Jay-Z is better than Wayne, and has only come out with Kingdom Come since Wayne came out with The Carter, and Kingdom Come sucked and was after Jay "retired." Jay is still better than Wayne regardless. Hip Hop is Dead, is a better CD than anything Wayne has ever done, so yes Nas has rapped better than Wayne. Eminem hasn't come out with a CD since Wayne dropped The Carter, but if he did he would still be better than him. Em is a ridiculously good writer, and he can make his words flow on a beat extremely well. He has a helluva lot more than just moderate skill, which is why it isn't just fans of Eminem who say he is that good. Rappers, old and new, legends and not, praise him. Critics can say all they want about his supposed "shock rap" all they want, but that's just them hating on him. He doesn't say anything that much different than is typically said in the rap game, but he is white so it sparks a controversy. He uses his being white for controversy, not to get respect as a rapper. He has said numerous times that people need to look past his being white and see the lyrical skill rather than his color. Color means nothing to him, and at the same time he knows that without the controversy that is caused everytime he opens his mouth he wouldn't have sold as much as he did(if he were black), but at the same time it wouldn't have changed how much skill he possesses(sp??). I have listened to Eminem over and over, and know almost every lyric he has ever spit, and even still I am always dumbfounded when he goes off in a verse or in a couple lines with some of the things he manages to put together as well as he does. Hate on him all you want, it doesn't change his skill.

Poet
09-26-2007, 08:37 PM
Jay-Z is better than Wayne, and has only come out with Kingdom Come since Wayne came out with The Carter, and Kingdom Come sucked and was after Jay "retired." Jay is still better than Wayne regardless. Hip Hop is Dead, is a better CD than anything Wayne has ever done, so yes Nas has rapped better than Wayne. Eminem hasn't come out with a CD since Wayne dropped The Carter, but if he did he would still be better than him. Em is a ridiculously good writer, and he can make his words flow on a beat extremely well. He has a helluva lot more than just moderate skill, which is why it isn't just fans of Eminem who say he is that good. Rappers, old and new, legends and not, praise him. Critics can say all they want about his supposed "shock rap" all they want, but that's just them hating on him. He doesn't say anything that much different than is typically said in the rap game, but he is white so it sparks a controversy. He uses his being white for controversy, not to get respect as a rapper. He has said numerous times that people need to look past his being white and see the lyrical skill rather than his color. Color means nothing to him, and at the same time he knows that without the controversy that is caused everytime he opens his mouth he wouldn't have sold as much as he did(if he were black), but at the same time it wouldn't have changed how much skill he possesses(sp??). I have listened to Eminem over and over, and know almost every lyric he has ever spit, and even still I am always dumbfounded when he goes off in a verse or in a couple lines with some of the things he manages to put together as well as he does. Hate on him all you want, it doesn't change his skill.

Kingdom come was actually a really good CD in my opinion. Look, if color doesn't mean anything to Eminem then why the heck does the talk about it so much? The argument that well if eminem did come out with something it would be better holds no water, you have to DO it. It's like losing a game to a football team and going well we should have own.

bengaaaaals1688
09-26-2007, 10:48 PM
Kingdom come was actually a really good CD in my opinion. Look, if color doesn't mean anything to Eminem then why the heck does the talk about it so much? The argument that well if eminem did come out with something it would be better holds no water, you have to DO it. It's like losing a game to a football team and going well we should have own.

He talks about it because it matters to everyone else... he tries to say it shouldn't matter, but nobody listens. He gets underrated and is extremely underappreciated because he's white. That's why he brings it up. He retired... technically, but Eminem is better than Wayne. That's pretty much how it is, and will be. Pac isn't coming out with anything, but he's better than Wayne, too. That's just it, they don't have to have anything new... they are better.

Poet
09-27-2007, 12:19 AM
He talks about it because it matters to everyone else... he tries to say it shouldn't matter, but nobody listens. He gets underrated and is extremely underappreciated because he's white. That's why he brings it up. He retired... technically, but Eminem is better than Wayne. That's pretty much how it is, and will be. Pac isn't coming out with anything, but he's better than Wayne, too. That's just it, they don't have to have anything new... they are better.

Sorry but the carter one and two are just as good as ANY eminem albulm. And when a rapper falls off and one starts releasing amazing album after album the question gets asked.

bengaaaaals1688
09-27-2007, 12:33 AM
Sorry but the carter one and two are just as good as ANY eminem albulm. And when a rapper falls off and one starts releasing amazing album after album the question gets asked.

Eminem never fell off... and nothing Wayne has ever put together could touch any of Eminem's stuff. Wayne couldn't even dream of being that good.

Poet
09-27-2007, 03:02 PM
Eminem never fell off... and nothing Wayne has ever put together could touch any of Eminem's stuff. Wayne couldn't even dream of being that good.

If Lil Wayne was white and spit the insanity that he does now he would be called the greatest rapper of all time. Eminem benefited and still benefits from being white. When Lil Wayne leaves the game and we go back and look at his body of work, someone is moving out of the top ten for him.

Poet
09-27-2007, 03:05 PM

His last CD was god awful.

bengaaaaals1688
09-27-2007, 04:00 PM
If Lil Wayne was white and spit the insanity that he does now he would be called the greatest rapper of all time. Eminem benefited and still benefits from being white. When Lil Wayne leaves the game and we go back and look at his body of work, someone is moving out of the top ten for him.

Wayne isn't that good. There isn't an argument for it. He just isn't that damn good, he could be, but he isn't. I already asked you... who would be leaving the top 10 for him??

Encore was god awful... why?? What was bad about it?? Was it because the intent of the CD was to show that he really could say anything and regardless of what critics of him believed he was still going to sell CD's?? That he could make a song about absolutely anything, and still been seen with better lyrical talent than anyone else?? Tell me exactly what was wrong with Encore.

Poet
09-27-2007, 04:28 PM
Wayne isn't that good. There isn't an argument for it. He just isn't that damn good, he could be, but he isn't. I already asked you... who would be leaving the top 10 for him??

Encore was god awful... why?? What was bad about it?? Was it because the intent of the CD was to show that he really could say anything and regardless of what critics of him believed he was still going to sell CD's?? That he could make a song about absolutely anything, and still been seen with better lyrical talent than anyone else?? Tell me exactly what was wrong with Encore.

Encore was god awful simply because at no point in time did I ever hear a song that I thought was great. It was more lackluster then the Raiders offense.

Wayne is on track to become a top ten rapper of all time, let him come out with some more sick CDs like you know he will, and someone will be exiting

bengaaaaals1688
09-27-2007, 04:42 PM
Encore was god awful simply because at no point in time did I ever hear a song that I thought was great. It was more lackluster then the Raiders offense.

Wayne is on track to become a top ten rapper of all time, let him come out with some more sick CDs like you know he will, and someone will be exiting

Who will be exiting?? You won't answer the question.

Never Enough was ridiculous... by far one of his best verses. Yellow Brick Road and Like Toy Soldiers were sick. Great messages behind them, and lyrically great. Rain Man was unbelievable because of how little he said in the entire song, but it still sounded good.

Here I have a challenge for you... post a video, to be able to actually hear it, and the lyrics of the song you consider Wayne's best song lyrically, and I will do the same with Eminem... then maybe, just maybe, you will realize how good Eminem really is.

Poet
09-27-2007, 07:35 PM
Who will be exiting?? You won't answer the question.

Never Enough was ridiculous... by far one of his best verses. Yellow Brick Road and Like Toy Soldiers were sick. Great messages behind them, and lyrically great. Rain Man was unbelievable because of how little he said in the entire song, but it still sounded good.

Here I have a challenge for you... post a video, to be able to actually hear it, and the lyrics of the song you consider Wayne's best song lyrically, and I will do the same with Eminem... then maybe, just maybe, you will realize how good Eminem really is.

That depends on how high of a note Waynes career ends. If it ends as high as I think then your boy KRS will be leaving.

Toy Soldiers was crap. It was another crappy attempt by a rapper who made his living saying things to shock people to sound deep. I don't need to post a video of Wayne and then listen to your video of Eminem. I have listened to them both for many years. Look Wayne is sick, and you know he is, and you know that when he is done he stands a very good chance of going in. He really is the best rapper out right now.

Escobar
09-28-2007, 10:47 AM
That depends on how high of a note Waynes career ends. If it ends as high as I think then your boy KRS will be leaving.

Toy Soldiers was crap. It was another crappy attempt by a rapper who made his living saying things to shock people to sound deep. I don't need to post a video of Wayne and then listen to your video of Eminem. I have listened to them both for many years. Look Wayne is sick, and you know he is, and you know that when he is done he stands a very good chance of going in. He really is the best rapper out right now.
LMAO!!! LMAO!!!
LMAO!!!
LMAO!!!
LMAO!!!
LMAO!!!
LMAO!!!
LMAO!!!
LMAO!!!
LMAO!!!
LMAO!!!
LMAO!!!
PLEASE stop posting in this thread..... lmao krs leave? lmao......your better off listening to your garbage cRAPPERS like wayne, 50 cent, goof unit, etc......infact, here you go http://youtube.com/watch?v=vum3qgoh0x4

LMAO :laugh:

Escobar
09-28-2007, 11:11 AM
mobb deep- shook ones

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-ndo37LMzmU

classic:salute:

Escobar
09-28-2007, 11:15 AM
mobb deep- survival of the fittest

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GG6TWB8aebY&mode=related&search=

more classic, btw anyone noticed nas there?:cool:

Escobar
09-28-2007, 11:20 AM
cormega-verbal graffiti

this is off 'the true meaning'

however, he re-did this song with a different beat in one of his mixtapes that i have. its better than this beat here, but this still nice.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eypWGevTjTY

bengaaaaals1688
09-28-2007, 01:49 PM

KRS makes Wayne look like he's in kindergarten. He isn't going anywhere for Wayne. And the best rapper right now is Nas, followed by Jay, followed by Game. All 3 of them are better than Wayne, mostly because of his complete inconsistency.

Crappy attempt?? The entire basis of the song was that rap isn't something worth getting shot over because of people trying to take things too far after getting beaten in a battle. There was no crappy attempt, it was a great song. Eminem hasn't just gone out of his way to shock people, he says what he wants when he wants... more rappers should have that mindset because if they did there wouldn't be so many pop rap club hits. On almost every CD he has put out he has said that he doesn't mean half the crap he says and that it's what is behind the lyrics that is important, not the lyrics themselves.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BpSBcpj2-PY

Stimulate by Eminem... Wayne couldn't touch the lyrical genius in this song in his dreams.

bengaaaaals1688
09-28-2007, 03:39 PM
mobb deep- survival of the fittest

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GG6TWB8aebY&mode=related&search=

more classic, btw anyone noticed nas there?:cool:

No I didn't... gotta love classic Deep, though.:salute:

Escobar
09-29-2007, 01:15 AM
KRS makes Wayne look like he's in kindergarten. He isn't going anywhere for Wayne. And the best rapper right now is Nas, followed by Jay, followed by Game. All 3 of them are better than Wayne, mostly because of his complete inconsistency.

Crappy attempt?? The entire basis of the song was that rap isn't something worth getting shot over because of people trying to take things too far after getting beaten in a battle. There was no crappy attempt, it was a great song. Eminem hasn't just gone out of his way to shock people, he says what he wants when he wants... more rappers should have that mindset because if they did there wouldn't be so many pop rap club hits. On almost every CD he has put out he has said that he doesn't mean half the crap he says and that it's what is behind the lyrics that is important, not the lyrics themselves.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BpSBcpj2-PY

Stimulate by Eminem... Wayne couldn't touch the lyrical genius in this song in his dreams.

hey that was good, he was talking about real stuff, not the 22's on his benz

Escobar
09-29-2007, 01:21 AM
No I didn't... gotta love classic Deep, though.:salute:

yea bro, hes on 1:56 2:59 and 3:15 thru 3:20

classic queensbridge :beer:

Escobar
09-29-2007, 01:24 AM
Since bengals got me in the michigan state of mind mood, might as well post this cat from michigan. I posted this on the other board, but hey, new board.....anyways the guy who has a man-crush for lil wayne should listen to this and get educated.

he even has a verse for wack mc's making g's hahaha

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FnD_CXnXEB8

x-rays can't even see this...

bengaaaaals1688
09-29-2007, 01:51 AM
Since bengals got me in the michigan state of mind mood, might as well post this cat from michigan. I posted this on the other board, but hey, new board.....anyways the guy who has a man-crush for lil wayne should listen to this and get educated.

he even has a verse for wack mc's making g's hahaha

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FnD_CXnXEB8

x-rays can't even see this...

Song was hot right there. I love underground rappers because most of them are just ridiculous, until idiotic labels get a hold of them.:rolleyes:

Requiem / The Dagda
09-29-2007, 01:58 AM
Rick Ross - Hustlin

bengaaaaals1688
09-29-2007, 01:26 PM
Rick Ross - Hustlin

I don't like Rick Ross... personally. The only version of that song I have is the remix with Jay-Z and I listen to it very rarely.

Escobar
09-30-2007, 12:40 AM
this song is definately on my top 10 of ALL-TIME....and its not that old...2006 album by masta kill ''made in brooklyn'' , good hip hop still lives, just have to look further than the crap on your tv/radio...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Fk6z06JGgw

bengaaaaals1688
09-30-2007, 01:07 AM
this song is definately on my top 10 of ALL-TIME....and its not that old...2006 album by masta kill ''made in brooklyn'' , good hip hop still lives, just have to look further than the crap on your tv/radio...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Fk6z06JGgw

KRS already said that Hip-hop still lives...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PAMa9r_Ciqk

Escobar
09-30-2007, 01:15 AM
KRS already said that Hip-hop still lives...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PAMa9r_Ciqk

very nice :beer: i have this album, very nice.

Escobar
09-30-2007, 01:17 AM
short n sweet

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CvVNO8qUajQ

life is like a dice gammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmme:beer:

Escobar
09-30-2007, 01:30 AM
just had to post this LOL

killer

http://youtube.com/watch?v=T22-lHISxOY

Poet
09-30-2007, 01:47 AM
LMAO!!! LMAO!!!
LMAO!!!
LMAO!!!
LMAO!!!
LMAO!!!
LMAO!!!
LMAO!!!
LMAO!!!
LMAO!!!
LMAO!!!
LMAO!!!
PLEASE stop posting in this thread..... lmao krs leave? lmao......your better off listening to your garbage cRAPPERS like wayne, 50 cent, goof unit, etc......infact, here you go http://youtube.com/watch?v=vum3qgoh0x4

LMAO :laugh:

Thank you for that insight post.............. Because the 50 cent Wayne comparison is on point right? One of those two rappers consistently puts out great albums, the other one does not. If you are going to argue with me please do better then LMAO LMAO LMAO OMFG OUR OPINIONS ARE DIFFERENT OMG LMAO LMAO. Why don't you stop posting in this thread since your arguments are nonexistent?

Escobar
09-30-2007, 01:49 AM
Thank you for that insight post.............. Because the 50 cent Wayne comparison is on point right? One of those two rappers consistently puts out great albums, the other one does not. If you are going to argue with me please do better then LMAO LMAO LMAO OMFG OUR OPINIONS ARE DIFFERENT OMG LMAO LMAO. Why don't you stop posting in this thread since your arguments are nonexistent?

bro, there is NO argument, your just heavily uneducated in hip hop, move on...:coffee:

Poet
09-30-2007, 01:51 AM
bro, there is NO argument, your just heavily uneducated in hip hop, move on...:coffee:

Once again you prove my point. I would compare you to a child who is told something and vehemently defends it by going nuh uh your wrong cause you dont agree with me nuh uh, but then I think I would be doing the child an injustice.

Escobar
09-30-2007, 02:03 AM
Once again you prove my point. I would compare you to a child who is told something and vehemently defends it by going nuh uh your wrong cause you dont agree with me nuh uh, but then I think I would be doing the child an injustice.

you are a child, ''that means your boy krs has to leave'' wtf? are you serious? thats the most pathetic statement i ever heard, seriously. Boy i thought rafta was an idiot...:coffee:

Lil gayne will never be in top 10....move on.

Escobar
09-30-2007, 02:15 AM
ok, im done arguing idioticy, enjoy this classic track

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lH3hrtp1T84&mode=related&search=

Poet
09-30-2007, 01:30 PM
you are a child, ''that means your boy krs has to leave'' wtf? are you serious? thats the most pathetic statement i ever heard, seriously. Boy i thought rafta was an idiot...:coffee:

Lil gayne will never be in top 10....move on.

Once again your lack of a real argument just proves that someone told you that KRS should be in the top ten and because you are a mindless idiot you are just going to defend that statement.

Let me go ahead and just rephrase what you just said. "Dur dur durr, der der derh, durrrh, durh, derr, ugh I have no argument because I'm a friggin idiot".

Escobar
09-30-2007, 02:43 PM
Once again your lack of a real argument just proves that someone told you that KRS should be in the top ten and because you are a mindless idiot you are just going to defend that statement.

Let me go ahead and just rephrase what you just said. "Dur dur durr, der der derh, durrrh, durh, derr, ugh I have no argument because I'm a friggin idiot".

someone told me? Ive been listening to krs 1 for 15 years.....me mindless idiot? look whose talking....i bet you say lil wayne is top 10 because he was voted 'the best rapper alive' on mtv huh? mtv lmao..whose the idiot now?

I just proved you that your an idiot, oh and here you go http://youtube.com/watch?v=yIcrDeAiivU

LMAO!!!

Poet
09-30-2007, 05:09 PM
someone told me? Ive been listening to krs 1 for 15 years.....me mindless idiot? look whose talking....i bet you say lil wayne is top 10 because he was voted 'the best rapper alive' on mtv huh? mtv lmao..whose the idiot now?

I just proved you that your an idiot, oh and here you go http://youtube.com/watch?v=yIcrDeAiivU

LMAO!!!

You have yet to prove anything. I was not aware that Lil Wayne was voted best rapper alive on MTV, glad to know you keep up with that stuff more then I do. By using your own argument I could prolly find some MTV or BET poll or list where KRS was in the top ten and then use it against you. Word to the wise, either come up with better arguments, or just ****. Since it is very obvious that the first one is beyond your grasp, you should probably just ****.

Escobar
09-30-2007, 05:13 PM
You have yet to prove anything. I was not aware that Lil Wayne was voted best rapper alive on MTV, glad to know you keep up with that stuff more then I do. By using your own argument I could prolly find some MTV or BET poll or list where KRS was in the top ten and then use it against you. Word to the wise, either come up with better arguments, or just ****. Since it is very obvious that the first one is beyond your grasp, you should probably just ****.

im done arguing against ridiculous idiotic idiots, see ya...:cool:

Poet
09-30-2007, 05:17 PM
I have no argument at all. Every time I do try to argue I get killed. I cannot except someone picking a rapper from this era to be a top ten rapper eventually because I was told this era sucks. My own arguments get used against me and I am a blithering idiot.I was hoping that king87 wouldnt have any valid points, and he did. I not only lose this argument, but I prove myself to be ignorant.

Fixed it for you.

Escobar
09-30-2007, 05:23 PM
lol at this guy, bengals wat where you smokin when you invited this guy?

''i was told this era sucked'' do you think im a little 16 year old kid like you?

If you knew ANYTHING about hip hop you would know there is no comparing lil wayne to krs 1..give me 1 good song from lil wayne...a song, not a little audio where he talks.

Poet
09-30-2007, 05:37 PM
lol at this guy, bengals wat where you smokin when you invited this guy?

''i was told this era sucked'' do you think im a little 16 year old kid like you?

If you knew ANYTHING about hip hop you would know there is no comparing lil wayne to krs 1..give me 1 good song from lil wayne...a song, not a little audio where he talks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATj7tXKi3D4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BswKTD5Kqo

Next comes the "NO THAT WASN'T GOOD! THAT WAS BAD!", followed by worthless jabs at Wayne.

Escobar
09-30-2007, 05:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATj7tXKi3D4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BswKTD5Kqo

Next comes the "NO THAT WASN'T GOOD! THAT WAS BAD!", followed by worthless jabs at Wayne.

i wish i was deaf at the moment, my ears literally hurt, not even lying. Hes such a great lyricist. Just another classic example of repetitive rap....goodjob:beer:

Poet
09-30-2007, 05:55 PM
i wish i was deaf at the moment, my ears literally hurt, not even lying. Hes such a great lyricist. Just another classic example of repetitive rap....goodjob:beer:

I wish you had a clue, but that would be asking a lot. Tell you what, I am not going to change your opinion, you are not going to change my opinion. We can either keep arguing which I am fine with, or we can go back to posting links to some of our favorite songs. I'll make an attempt to end this amicably.

bengaaaaals1688
10-03-2007, 11:29 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pKRd-Z8A8hc

One Day at a Time- Pac, Eminem, and the Outlawz... amazing song.

Retired_Member_001
10-05-2007, 01:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlsDPN-Tjks

Mos Def & DJ Honda - Travellin' Man

bengaaaaals1688
10-05-2007, 09:20 PM

I don't typically like Mos Def, but this was a pretty damn good song. I respect Mos Def to utmost, as well.:salute:

Poet
10-08-2007, 12:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlnEIO7EBa0&mode=related&search=

My favorite song ever.

Escobar
10-08-2007, 12:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlnEIO7EBa0&mode=related&search=

My favorite song ever.

ahhhhhhh, finally, a great song from you :beer:

Escobar
10-08-2007, 12:26 AM

very nice find :salute:

Poet
10-08-2007, 12:34 AM
ahhhhhhh, finally, a great song from you :beer:

I only post the best..................oh hell at this point I'm not even going to start.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Poet
10-08-2007, 12:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0DDCZJP_Oo

Not that I would do such things, but I have heard this is a good song to smoke too.:D

Escobar
10-14-2007, 03:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0DDCZJP_Oo

Not that I would do such things, but I have heard this is a good song to smoke too.:D

ive always had mix feelings about jay-z, this song is kinda weird to me aswell.

Poet
10-14-2007, 05:21 PM
ive always had mix feelings about jay-z, this song is kinda weird to me aswell.

The thing that I used to dislike about Jay Z was that for a good portion of his career he was a bling bling rapper. Such masterpieces as big pimping and that one song that goes h o v blah blah blah. I don't know why, but at this moment Jay Z is almost my favorite rapper. Kingdom Come is an amazing CD in my opinion , and Beach Chair is my favorite song of all time. Yeah, it overtook Till the end of time....

AlWilsonizKING
10-14-2007, 08:15 PM
Just a few to keep ya bobbin ya headz, some old some new....

Keith Murray....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X-Rs3qDFFE

Another from Keith(A great lyricist, IMO)....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQcSoE1bt_A

JediMindTricks/ArmyOfThePharaohs....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvJy_sW7iDo

Heiruspecs....(don't know if I posted this one yet but I like it so)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc9BjyRhxYk

Ace Rizzol....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1u43KDiWD0

Typical Cats....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdYGWEa1fHU

Swollen Members....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47ssb8UAXrY

Bahamadia(Oh yeah Females can spit too)....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIxNPJqKGS4

That it for now, gotta get back to rootin' the Rock's!!!!:laugh:

PEACE!!!

bengaaaaals1688
10-15-2007, 04:58 PM
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/music/la-ca-dre23sep23,0,1721511,full.story?coll=la-home-entertainment

Good article about Dre.

Al... always with the hot shizz.:salute:

AlWilsonizKING
10-15-2007, 09:01 PM
Dead Prez....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3RieNmqAws

Classic

PEACE!!!

Escobar
10-17-2007, 01:00 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ta8rg0Jq7Bs

very niiiiiiiiice new hip hop.

bengaaaaals1688
10-17-2007, 04:59 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ta8rg0Jq7Bs

very niiiiiiiiice new hip hop.

That is pretty good... especially for new hip hop.:salute:

Escobar
10-18-2007, 03:40 PM
That is pretty good... especially for new hip hop.:salute:

Yea man, premo kills the beat yet again!

bengaaaaals1688
10-18-2007, 04:17 PM
Yea man, premo kills the beat yet again!

Never really heard much from him, but I have fell in love with Q-Tip...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=McL49aCzeR4

Breathe and Stop.

Escobar
10-18-2007, 06:14 PM
Never really heard much from him, but I have fell in love with Q-Tip...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=McL49aCzeR4

Breathe and Stop.

q is the man, i never heard this song though and it says ''Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.'':mad:

buggin out is so sick, he does it with phifer.

bengaaaaals1688
10-19-2007, 03:59 PM
q is the man, i never heard this song though and it says ''Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.'':mad:

buggin out is so sick, he does it with phifer.

That sucks... the song is sick.

I don't know much about Q-Tip to be honest, I only really know him because of the songs he does with Busta on The Big Bang. But I want to get more into him.

AlWilsonizKING
10-19-2007, 11:42 PM
Man I'm disappointed in all you cats not knowin' your man Q tip.......Dope MC by ANY standards!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qapou-3-fM8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbDFS6cg1AI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O459U_VtDK0

PEACE!!!

bengaaaaals1688
10-20-2007, 12:06 AM
Man I'm disappointed in all you cats not knowin' your man Q tip.......Dope MC by ANY standards!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qapou-3-fM8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbDFS6cg1AI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O459U_VtDK0

PEACE!!!

I'm disappointed too man... trust me. But I am starting to get more into him, I just need to find his CD's and stuff.

Escobar
10-20-2007, 05:45 PM
I'm disappointed too man... trust me. But I am starting to get more into him, I just need to find his CD's and stuff.

get the 'low end theory' for starters :salute:

bengaaaaals1688
10-20-2007, 11:21 PM
get the 'low end theory' for starters :salute:

Yeah, I have to go search for it, once I get some more money I will probably search online, but right now I am broke. I will make sure to ask you and Al for CD names and things when the time comes though.:salute:

Escobar
10-23-2007, 12:45 AM
I think al sharpton is too unrealistic. How can you just completely abolish a word. Looks like the younger generation knows how to deal with situations better. It is almost like the younger generation vs the newer generation. Method man has a really good point as well!!!!!!!!!! Come on al sharpton get your **** together.

Nas plans to release his next album, "******", on December 11. Nas explained the reason behind the title, "I wanna make the word easy on mutha****as' ears. You see how white boys ain't mad at 'cracker' 'cause it don't have the same [sting] as '******'? I want '******' to have less meaning [than] 'cracker.'"
Island Def Jam Music Group Chairman Antonio "L.A." Reid balked at reports that his company isn't supporting Nas' decision. "Really, who'd you hear that from?" Reid said, acting as if he were surprised. "We support everything our artists do, everything! We stand firmly behind and beside our artists with pride and with pleasure. Anything Nas wants to do, I completely stand beside him. Nas is prolific, he's prophetic, he's a genius, an amazing artist of respect. So, while I'm not sure exactly all that [the title] entails, I know it's smart, so I stand behind him. That's real."

While many in the hip-hop community are showing their faith for God's Son, despite not hearing his full explanation for why he gave his CD the controversial name, Rev. Al Sharpton has condemned his choice of LP title. "Again, I'm opposed to anybody using the term," Sharpton, who has called for total abolishment of word. "We're in an age where they are hanging nooses, they're locking our kids up in Jena and Florida. We do not need to be degrading ourselves. We get degraded enough. I think we need artists to lift us up, not lock us down."

Method Man gave a surprisingly interesting insight in the situation, "Nas knows what he's doing. He's a smart brother. He keeps his name in the game," Tical offered. "Last year, when he put out 'Hip Hop Is Dead', I was being interviewed, everybody was asking me what I thought about his album. ... I think it's too much emphasis on just the word. I know a word worse than '******': Darfur. Real talk. I'd like to see Reverend Al take a walk out there. Let's stop focusing on the wrong ****."

------------
Damn, Nas, Wu-tang And G Unit dropping on the 11th? lets see how that goes,

bengaaaaals1688
10-23-2007, 01:51 AM
G-Unit's CD isn't going to sell anything, IMHO.

As for Nas, I will go with what he says about it over Sharpton... not to mention the fact that even though it is used derogatorily towards blacks, the word technically only means ignorant. It is just unfortunate that it became a racial slur in order to refer to blacks being the only ignorant people.:tsk:

Poet
10-23-2007, 05:45 AM
G-Unit's CD isn't going to sell anything, IMHO.

As for Nas, I will go with what he says about it over Sharpton... not to mention the fact that even though it is used derogatorily towards blacks, the word technically only means ignorant. It is just unfortunate that it became a racial slur in order to refer to blacks being the only ignorant people.:tsk:

I hope the G-Unit CD doesn't sell. Unfortunately I think it will at least go gold.:tsk:

bengaaaaals1688
10-23-2007, 11:11 AM
I hope the G-Unit CD doesn't sell. Unfortunately I think it will at least go gold.:tsk:

Let it go Gold... when has a CD going Gold actually ever meant something to an artist(s) that wasn't underground?? The only rapper worth anything in G-Unit is Buck, and their CD going anything isn't going to change that. Buck is also the only smart one in G-Unit, and the only one that is going to succeed for awhile to come.

Escobar
10-24-2007, 01:14 PM
i bought the new nyg'z cd 'welcome to g-dom' and its heat....:beer:

Escobar
10-24-2007, 01:27 PM
What did Havoc really mean when he called out T.I. and the South last month? The Mobb Deep producer sparks The Kush with xxlmag.com and airs it out.

Once deemed “infamous” for his signature brand of melancholy boom bap, Havoc’s notoriety, as of late, is mostly the result of two words: “**** T.I.” Last month, in an interview on Sirius satellite radio’s Shade 45 channel, the Queens native chided T.I. and the South for their perceived arrogance. “**** T.I., right? Yeah, **** T.I.,” Hav said. “He’s a good artist. I love him to death as an artist, but he can’t **** with M.O.B.B. I don’t got no problems with the South, but them niggas need to get off their own ****.” Needless to say, Hollywood Hav’s comments came off as pretentious, especially since Mobb Deep’s G-Unit debut, 2006’s Blood Money, sold less than 300,000 copies. Nevertheless, controversy isn’t stopping Havoc from releasing his long awaited debut solo album, The Kush. Following in Prodigy’s footsteps - who released his solo LP, Return of the Mac, on KOCH Records earlier this year - Hav went the independent route for The Kush, joining forces Nature Sounds Records. XXLMag.com spoke with the producer extraordinaire about his new album, the disappointment of Blood Money and whether or not he’s hating on the South.

How would you characterize the sound of your new album, The Kush? Is it similar to previous Mobb Deep efforts?
The Kush is that smoked-out New York sound. It’s an album that just came together through chillin’ and smokin’ in the studio with my people. The same thing you might expect from a Mobb Deep album, you can expect from The Kush.

Was it different recording your first solo album without Prodigy in the fold?
It wasn’t done intentionally to leave out Prodigy. We all just need to do our own thing sometimes. He was in the studio the same time I was in the studio. I had a little bit of time, so I was like, **** it, let me just put something out real quick.

Were you inspired by Prodigy’s success with his independent album, Return of the Mac?
I encourage that kind of stuff. As an artist, you wanna be consistent. But you also want to give people different things. You can’t always rhyme on a Havoc beat. He’s not married to me as an artist. He gotta do this thing and Alchemist is my homey, so most of the time, I was in there anyway, judging it with them. I prefer to let him do him and I’m proud of what they did.

How did this deal with Nature Sounds Records for The Kush come about?
It came through a friend, Tragedy Khadafi. I’d never even heard of the label and I’m always the type of person where I don’t want to follow the flock. I wanna go in my own direction. The situation, to me, is the same on any label. Independent or major, they’re all labels. You gotta stay on top of them. You get your promotion money, your video money, you do your promo runs and do whatever you can to get it started. They’re a small label, but they’re gonna work their way up like the rest of the big independents did.

Do you have more creative freedom making an album outside of the G-Unit brand?
To tell you the truth, there wasn’t no creative differences with G-Unit. There may have been like one or two songs [on Blood Money] that maybe I wasn’t feeling, but it wasn’t even an issue because [50 Cent] really gave us a lot of control [over] the project. On The Kush, I worked with Tragedy Khadafi and since he’s my mentor and has been for a while, I had similar freedoms.

Blood Money was released to a lot of expectations, but some fans and critics felt it didn’t live up to the hype. Since then, you and P haven’t addressed the criticism. Why not?
I don’t go into the studio with my mindset like, This is what I’m gonna say about this situation and this is what I’m going to say about that. It was more like, whatever vibe I got in the studio, that’s what I was going to say. On this album [The Kush], I’m not really airing out any kind of situation that maybe fans want to hear ’cause I don’t get fan mail like that. But I do hear people saying, “Why’d they sign to G-Unit?” In my heart, I feel like it was a good move, so I don’t even feel like I have to address it.

Does it upset you that 50 vented his frustrations with Blood Money’s disappointing sales and the crew not wearing his G-Unit apparel?
Nah, I’m not upset at that at all. That’s how he feels and that’s what he saw, so that’s what he’s going to say. So if I don’t have on a pair of G-Unit sneakers, I know he’s not talking about me. He’s talking about everyone on a whole. He’s just trying to say if you’re down with a crew, support your crew. If I was him, I’d feel the same way.

What about his criticism over Blood Money’s disappointing SoundScan numbers?
I mean, numbers don’t lie, so if he loses money with any kind of artist, it is what it is. If he says he lost money with Mobb Deep, at the end of the day, he lost money with Mobb Deep. I can’t be mad at him. All I can do is continue to make my music.

During an interview on Shade 45 last month, you said, “**** T.I.,” in response to the South’s popularity in hip-hop. Why did you call out T.I.?
When I made that comment, it came out the wrong way and people took it out of [con]text. My issue is that New York needs to get it together. The problem is not T.I. and the South, at all. They’re making beautiful music. They need to be looked at like a reflection of us, like, “We used to do it like that.” Right now, I’m like, “Come on, what’s going on here?”

Do you regret making that comment then?
I regret that people took it the wrong way, but I don’t regret bringing certain issues up. I admit, I was a little juiced up when I said it, but anyone that knows me knows I don’t have no hate for the South. I’m not a hater. I could appreciate a lot of energy that they’re coming out with. I don’t make that kind of music, but I can appreciate it.

Have you seen T.I. since then?
I actually saw T.I. at the Screamfest [tour]. We gave each other a pound and kept it moving. I got love for T.I. It’s just a friendly competition thing.
--------------
LOL, havoc should stop getting drunk before an interview, comes off as a hypocrite when he does.

Escobar
10-24-2007, 01:29 PM
gawd dam.....heres another one....

Now we have nas, wu tang, gunit, beanie sigel, and siagon I think.

Beanie Sigel will drop his 4th album, The Solution on December 11.
The album will feature 17 tracks.
The first single, the Runners-produced "All of the Above," featuring R. Kelly is impacting radio next week and the video will air at the end of the month.

“I realize that the game has changed… Everything sounds the same…very repetitive,” says Beanie Sigel, who also adds “The Solution is the answer to all of that. For those that want to here a little rock, jazz or soul, I got all of that!”

According to the press release, the album will be 'very different from his previous projects, Sigel experiments on songs like “I’m In” which shows his smooth “Lady’s Man” persona with the sample of Luther Vandross’ “Make Me a Believer.” “Children” is a soulful Marvin Gaye rendition focusing on the problems in the community among children and their missing fathers while “The Day” produced by Dre & Vidal collaborated with Harry & Alex taps into Beanie’s rock side.

"I consider myself relevant in the rap game at all times," explains Sig. "After you party and do all that, now the real world kicks in. The pain, the stress, agony. The lessons you learn. Your come ups, your downfalls. The real world--which I deal with in my music--is always relevant. All the **** might go through in the course of a day is on my album. I'm talking about religion, spiritually, getting a piece of mind. All that counts and all that's in my music."

thats like 50 bucks im'a spend lol.....

Escobar
10-24-2007, 01:37 PM
New York Rapper Mel "Drag-on" Smalls has officially signed with the Full Surface family headed by producer Swizz Beats.
After the release of his independent project "Hood Environment" which hit stores on September 4th 2007 and consistently hitting the studio with Swizz and Cassidy the bond began to set in.
The New York MC was also featured on the new Swizz Beats album One Man Band Man for a remake of a hit that he and Swizz Beats once performed during the Ruff Ryder Days.
Sources from the camp also say that he has been working in the studio with Cassidy and The Larceny family on a consistent basis. With the successful launch of his new label Hood Environment Drag-On states " this will give me a chance to bring in new talent and give others a chance to shine as well, My label is gonna be 100% with hard music for the streets.. this time im the CEO and i know what the people want, to all the supporters out there Hood Environment the cd in stores now!!, Swizz Beats cd in stores now!! Cassidy comin!! Support real music we do this from the heart"

Escobar
10-24-2007, 01:40 PM
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/audio/id.3376/title.wu-tang-take-it-back

Escobar
10-24-2007, 01:41 PM
There has been rumors circulating around the internet that Jadakiss was signing with Def Jam. As of this morning, Def Jam still hadn't released the official news of Jadakiss' signing.

In an interview with HipHopGame, Styles P confirmed the rumors, stating, "He just signed with Def Jam."

Escobar
10-24-2007, 01:44 PM
The New York Post and the New York Daily News both report that Jadakiss, Ashanti and Treach of Naughty By Nature will star alongside former Sopranos star Michael Imperioli in You're Nobody 'til Somebody Kills You. The film is a murder drama with a Hip-Hop fueled plot based in New York. Spike Lee's longtime assistant director, Michael "Boogie" Pinckney will direct the film under his Blackfoot Films imprint and Lee will serve as executive producer. Sonae Ryder will also make an appearance--those who frequent HipHopDX will remember her being featured here in July.

The film reportedly finished shooting in May. Pinckney's former credits include work on The Huey P. Newton Story, Inside Man, Bamboozled and The 25th Hour. Although no date has been scheduled for the film's release yet, a brief trailer is included below.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.5847/title.jadakiss-treach-ashanti-to-star-in-murder-drama

Escobar
10-24-2007, 01:47 PM
RZA Talks New Wu-Tang Album, 15th Anniversary
By Darren Ressler
Posted on Oct16,2007

wuweb.jpg

Can you believe this month will mark the 15th anniversary of the release of Wu-Tang Clan’s landmark album, 36 Chambers of Death? Damn, we remember going to the record release party at Webster Hall, which was one hell of a night. The album presented sound architect RZA's gritty urban soundscape comprised of raw beats and kung-fu samples and unstoppable tag-team rhymes of GZA, Ol’ Dirty *******, Method Man, Raekwon the Chef, Ghostface Killah, Inspectah Deck, Masta Killa and U-God.

After six years of solo careers and side projects, New York’s Wu-Tang Clan (who've sold 25 million copies worldwide) got back together earlier this year, embarked on the Rock the Bells tour with Rage Against the Machine and received rave reviews. Now the group will release a new album on December 4th and the buzz is deafening. Last month, we got an exclusive listen to eight tracks from the forthcoming album and got to talk to RZA about 8 Diagrams.

LWMB: You’ve done a lot of projects outside of Wu-Tang Clan, including acting, scoring soundtracks and writing a book. What’s the last six years been like for you and how do you feel about the 15th anniversary of the release of 36 Chambers?

RZA: It’s been good, but something has been missing. The chance to come again with the Wu and do what we’re made to do is like a fulfillment to me. Yeah, it’s crazy, yo. It doesn’t feel like [15 years] because I always feel like I never accomplish anything. I’m not sure what kind of disease that is but I feel like I haven’t done what I’m supposed to do yet in this world.

It must be difficult to gather all of the members into one place to work on tracks. How did you approach the album from a production perspective?

I took the movie approach: pre-production, then principle photography and then postproduction, which was editing and all that. We took April to get back in synch with each other and vibe. The second 30 days took place in June when we got more detailed into the recording.

What’s the significance of the album’s title, 8 Diagrams?

We’re always about mathematics and the name has a couple of different concepts to it. The first and primary thing that inspired the name is a film called The Invincible Pole Fighters. When they dubbed it into English, they changed the title to The 8 Diagram Pole Fighter because there’s a scene where a guy in a fighting sequence forms the sign of the I-Ching, the 8 diagrams. That movie had a great sense of loyalty and brotherhood, dedication and commitment, and it’s a good movie. It inspired me when I first formed Wu-Tang Clan in the 1990’s—eight brothers who battled and had to keep the tradition alive. I always talked about paying homage to that movie over the years, and I finally got a chance to do it.

I liked “Take It Back” a lot. I understand [hip-hop production icon] Easy Mo Bee worked on it with you.

Before I became good at making beats, I had a few machines at my house, like a Casio RD1, 909 drum machine and a four-track recorder. I didn’t have a good sampler like an SP1200; besides, I didn’t really know what they were or how to use them. I went to Easy Mo Bee’s house back in the day when he was working on the GZA’s first album and he had two SP1200s, and he was making all of these great beats. I couldn’t believe that machine sounded so incredible and it inspired me to get one. I made Bring the Pain on my SP1200, so I have to thank him. He produced the GZA and my first single, "Oh We Love You Rakeem" and the B-side “Sexcapades”—he’s like the first producer for Wu-Tang. So I got the chance to hook up with him on this new album and got to kick it with him. For me to go and collaborate with him was an honor and a privilege. He came down to the studio, played a lot of beats and this one was up our alley with that real New York feel. We took a shot at it; he put the beat together but I added a few things and gave him some direction and there it is. It’s the second collaboration.

I’m sure it was difficult to address ODB’s death on “Life Changes.” Was that a hard song to put down?

We dedicated that song to ODB and it took me a long time—about eight months—to make that song. It was an emotional thing to get every member to get their take on it. It was one of the first songs I recorded for the new album. When we decided to do a new Wu-Tang album, this song was on top of the stack.

Check out part two tomorrow where Rza talks about working with George Harrison’s son, Dhani on “My People Gently Weep,” his obsession with rock history and the future for the Clan.

In the second part of our exclusive interview with RZA from Wu-Tang Clan, the hip-hop production legend reveals how meeting George Harrison’s song spawned “My People Gently Weep” an provides other details about the group’s upcoming album, 8 Diagrams.

LWMB: It’s been six years since the Clan released an album. Do you worry how fitting in with all of the young bucks?

RZA: Hey, they need to figure out how they fit in. Wu-Tang is like a cornerstone of hip-hop. One difference between us and new artists is that a lot of them have learned him-hop from watching TV and videos. Wu-tang lived hip-hop, and we’re the ones who helped pioneer it; we’re not the bottled water—we’re the source they get the water from.

The first single is “My People Gently Weep,” which features George Harrison’s son, Dahni. How did that track come about?

That’s a take on "My Guitar Gently Weeps" and it’s a metaphor. I’ve been studying about rock ‘n’ roll lately. I’ve been hanging around my buddy Shavo [Odadjian] from System of A Down, and he’s turned me onto a lot of classic rock and metal. I’ve learned that a lot of guitar players were stuck on heroin and a lot of needles were involved in the music. To me, the vein is like a guitar string, and I wanted to say how the pain of drugs causes so much pain inside: the user, the family and the dealer because of the sins he’s making and the lives he’s destroying. I wanted to capture that idea and went to the Clan and said I wanted to write a song about dope.

So how did you meet Dhani?

A mutual friend is a great music executive, Mo Austin. His son, Mike, is the president of Dreamworks. I’ve been friends with Mike for about ten years. I was at his house one day talking about that song [“My Guitar Gently Weeps “] and how I wanted to record it and make it a song. He said it was one of his favorite Beatles songs and George Harrison actually wrote it. He told me the back story about the song and how Eric Clapton played lead guitar…now I was fascinated by the history of the song!

Mike is a friend of the Harrison family and it turned out he was a fan of mine. I was like, “Get outta here!” He put us on the phone together and hit it off. We wound up having a few dinners in California, and I asked him to play on the record. I got a 1961 Gretsch and that was the weapon on that song. I think a piece of history was captured.

I heard 9 snippets from 8 Diagrams. What else is on the album?

“The Gun Will Go” has a unique vibe that has a haunting guitar vibe with Raekown and Method Man with some of their most menacing voices. “No Matter How Hard the Time May Seem” is a flashback to the classic Raekwon/Ghostface collaborations and has a great sample from Michael Jackson featuring Inspectach Deck tearing it up. It almost sounds like it could be a Cuban Linx track. There’s “Campfire” where Method Man and Ghostface goes back-to-back with Cappadonna with an old Persuassions vocal sample.

Do you get to Staten Island much these days?

Not much. I have good friends and family there. I don’t go back often—maybe five or five times a year. It’s a crazy place.

What’s your greatest hope for the album?

I have hope that Wu-Tang will help bring back some kind of balance to hip-hop. I know there’s a lot of cookie-cutter music out there and lots of angles, but we’re the difference between brown weed and green weed. Our job is to add some balance to hip-hop and continue our legacy.

Escobar
10-24-2007, 01:53 PM
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb6/ChowHimself/MegaBlk.jpg

Man, i bought this shirt for 30 bucks shipped and its the best investment ever.

next up:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/brilljt/cormegaT.jpg

:D

bengaaaaals1688
10-24-2007, 04:36 PM
Damn Esco... you went off today with articles, huh??lol

I wish Mobb Deep would go back to their good days with Shook Ones and songs like that... as for the South producing beautiful music... Havoc must have been drunk during that interview, too.:laugh:

5 albums on December 11th?? That's insane. Nas, Wu-Tang, and maybe Saigon I will buy... G-Unit, I might download, and Siegel I just don't like.

Poet
10-24-2007, 09:58 PM
Let it go Gold... when has a CD going Gold actually ever meant something to an artist(s) that wasn't underground?? The only rapper worth anything in G-Unit is Buck, and their CD going anything isn't going to change that. Buck is also the only smart one in G-Unit, and the only one that is going to succeed for awhile to come.

You could put fifty cent's face on a box of used diapers and it would at least sell.

AlWilsonizKING
10-24-2007, 10:39 PM
a box of used diapers.

But that's all his CD's are anyway.......:confused:

PEACE!!!

bengaaaaals1688
10-24-2007, 11:06 PM
You could put fifty cent's face on a box of used diapers and it would at least sell.

Exactly... and if it goes Gold it means nothing. That also doesn't change the fact that Buck is the only one with talent or a brain in that "group."

bengaaaaals1688
10-24-2007, 11:07 PM
But that's all his CD's are anyway.......:confused:

PEACE!!!

Haha that's probably the best description I have heard about a 50 Cent CD in awhile lol.

Poet
10-25-2007, 01:06 AM
Haha that's probably the best description I have heard about a 50 Cent CD in awhile lol.

50 cent is a great rapper. His CDs are full of amazing lyrics and he is one of the bes...............................ok i cant do it............yeah he blows.:tsk:

Escobar
10-25-2007, 02:19 AM
50 cent is a great rapper. His CDs are full of amazing lyrics and he is one of the bes...............................ok i cant do it............yeah he blows.:tsk:

the dude was the sickness when he first came out..no denying......but now hes just another sellout......

next.

Escobar
10-25-2007, 02:21 AM
Damn Esco... you went off today with articles, huh??lol

I wish Mobb Deep would go back to their good days with Shook Ones and songs like that... as for the South producing beautiful music... Havoc must have been drunk during that interview, too.:laugh:

5 albums on December 11th?? That's insane. Nas, Wu-Tang, and maybe Saigon I will buy... G-Unit, I might download, and Siegel I just don't like.

haha i guess i did.

I hope they do too, im pretty sure they are, cormega said something about that they will go back to their own style instead of getting that nasty little g-unit voice.

The guy is a drunk! lol.

Me too man, saigon and wu-tang are on my top of the lists. I'll probably buy nas a week later and i will too burn the g-unit album, no way im buying that, it has lil kim in it lol.

Escobar
10-25-2007, 02:30 AM
Rakim is back, or at least he's on his way. It's been eight years since he released his second solo album, The Master, and aside from rumors surrounding his signing to and subsequent drop from Dr. Dre's Aftermath label and some reissues, he's been relatively quiet since then.

In the last couple of years, he's taken to playing shows again, and over the course of this year, it came out that he was working on a new album called The Seventh Seal. The record is finally nearing completion, and it will likely hit stores early next year.

Though not a concept album, The Seventh Seal focuses on the theme of tearing hip-hop down to its essentials and building it back up to previously unknown heights. Rakim's done a little non-musical building as well, establishing his own Ra Records, which will not only release The Seventh Seal but also provide a label home, management company, and distribution for other artists.

Before the record comes out, Rakim will release a concert DVD titled The R-kives: Live Lost and Found. The DVD features performances from two shows at NYC's B.B. King Blues Club interspersed with interviews, backstage and tour bus footage, and a few other performances from around the U.S. It will also come with an enhanced CD featuring previously unreleased new material from the God MC.

Finally, Rakim has a previously reported tour coming up where he, Ghostface, and Brother Ali will front live band Rhythm Roots Allstars.

In the midst of all this activity, we spoke to Rakim about process, his return to recording and performing, and his role as an educator in hip-hop.

Pitchfork: What made you decide it was time to starting playing shows and recording an album again?

Rakim: Well, I've always been the type that didn't like to wear out my welcome mat, and I haven't dropped anything new, you know what I mean? But at the same time, you don't want to wait too long. You want to get out there, get your feet wet, test the waters, and reassure within yourself and with the crowd that it's time to do what you do. You get that cool sound from the crowd, and it puts everything in perspective. If I wouldn't have felt the response that I got, then I would've said, "I'm not going to do an album" or "I'm not gonna go on tour. I'd rather drop the album before I try to come out on tour." But the response was real good, and that's what I was speaking on as far as confirming with myself and with the crowd. Because as the artist, I'm modest, man. I don't take anything for granted, and my thing is if I get the welcome mat, then I do what I do. If I don't get the welcome mat, then I either got work to do or it's time to just fall back. I use my experiences as learning experiences.

Pitchfork: How are you rehearsing for your tour with Rhythm Roots Allstars, a live band? Do you work on your parts separately from the band of with them?

Rakim: We're going to sit down and have a few rehearsals so we can give a real good show. I want it to be tight, and I want to make sure that our chemistry is there. The last show that we did in Texas [at SXSW 2007], it was funny because I was supposed to get out there a little early, but I got out there late and we didn't have time to practice. They knew the songs, but we never got a chance to sit there and mesh, so we went on stage that day and winged it. But they're so professional in what they do, and they're so tight that at the end of the day it's just like having a DJ put on a record: You can get up there and kick your verse, and you can turn around and wave your hand and they're going to stop just as a DJ would. So everything worked out perfect, and hopefully too many people didn't realize that we didn't practice. I was surprised everything went real good, so that's another reason why I'm looking forward to this tour. I'm going to be able to do some things that I normally wouldn't be able to do.

Pitchfork: What kinds of things?

Rakim: Just show the power of live music and explain to the crowd and almost teach them the reason why we sampled records. We're going to have a little fun up there. We're going to learn a little something, and we're going to hear some real good music.

Pitchfork: Do you feel like it's your responsibility to teach people about the origins of hip-hop?

Rakim: At this point in hip-hop, [the history] definitely needs to be expressed a little more and put in front of their faces so that they won't forget where the essence of hip-hop came from. If I'm one of the artists that knows about it then yeah, I'm responsible to keep that alive and keep it in the listeners' faces and give them access to it. So hopefully I can do that. To me, at the end of the day, it's just doing my job. If this was something political or something dealing with the world and there was something that I knew, I would feel obligated to inform people. This music thing, there's a lot to know about it. And we're definitely going to have fun with it, but at the same time, we have to keep it alive. This hip-hop thing-- if we don't do it, it will die out. So definitely, I want to do my job.

I think it's important that we cherish this right here. It belongs to the youth. It belongs to the older people who were brought up on hip-hop. It's not just a young music. We created this in the suburbs and the cities and around the parks, and what we have to understand is that that's big. You look at jazz. When they created jazz years ago it was the best thing to happen since fried ice cream. But then you look at it now-- it's not so popular as far as [being] universal. The jazz lovers still support their music, but when you look at it on the wide span it went from being the only thing to one of the many. The same thing can happen in hip-hop if we take it for granted and don't cherish it. We've got to understand that it's that first impression that made hip-hop take the world by storm. And once we start forgetting those recipes, after awhile they're going to look at it like just another music. And not just them. Us. We're going to look at it like it's not special; it's not going to have that same appeal that it had. So of course we've got to understand the root before we start picking from the tree.

Pitchfork: In as much as it can be about one thing, do you think that hip-hop should be universal, that it does have something to say to everyone?

Rakim: Yeah, I think so. Just right now, hip-hop is dealing with the form of divide and conquer. There's nothing wrong with the down-South music; there's nothing wrong with the Midwest; there's nothing wrong with the West Coast; there's nothing wrong with the East Coast, but the thing is you've got the Dirty South [just] buying their [own] music now. New York has always been a melting pot. We can agree with many things. But some of the different places, they only buy their own music. And that's because we're letting them separate the music [into] Dirty South hip-hop or underground hip-hop.

We shouldn't have to call it underground hip-hop. We should be able to do our music and people buy it for what reason they want to buy it. We shouldn't have to market it, or if it's underground it only sells 700 or 500 or 300,000 copies. Let's just make music and let the consumer be the consumer. Whatever consumer gravitates toward that music, let him buy that music. But once we separate it, we're separating the music, and then after awhile it's not hip-hop anymore. It's Dirty South music, Midwest music, West Coast music, and New York music. And that's the way we lose, because the record sales are gonna go down, the effect of hip-hop is gonna go down.

We were already fighting amongst ourselves, but now [it's] to the point where we're competing and fighting and constantly pulling and tugging at each other. It shouldn't have to be like that. You look at the older r&b artists when they do their award shows and things of that nature, they go there and they just bless. You look around the room, everybody's smiling, people are talking to each other, glad to see each other. But you know rap, there's a lot of pride in the room. It's a different environment. But I think if we understood the movement that we have a little more, then we wouldn't be so-- I don't want to say angry, but we wouldn't be so protective and distant from our fellow label mates and our fellow music mates. This is our thing. If we keep at it like we are, they're going to take it from us. They can't wait to do that.

Pitchfork: It seems another part of the problem could be that there's few really dynamic personalities. You've got people, in the music itself, with big personalities, but a lot of them don't seem to be vulnerable in any way. On the other hand, a lot of the Southern rappers tend to be sort of faceless. It's just like this machine of these guys that make songs. There's less of a culture of developing really interesting, vulnerable, but still exciting personalities than there once was.

Rakim: Maybe it's becoming more [about] money than the love. And maybe that's the problem, because I know the money will make an artist change his creative process. That's simply because if the money's in a certain market, then that artist is going to go home and prepare to touch that market. At this time, it's become a machine now. If you can go to a studio and produce what they want, that's all you need to do. And then somewhere in between, you'll find that artist that really still loves his craft, the artist that has a lot to say, the artist that creates his music and his genre of music and his style a little different than other people. That's what makes people unique, that's what makes people stand out, that's what wows people, just something we haven't seen before. But when you look deep, you'll find those people still exist, but we're more flooded with, like you said, the money machines. They don't really have to have that love for the music, or a lot of them don't care about touching the masses as far as some of the stars that we look up to touched us with their charisma.

Back in the day, you would like the music or you would like that person for what he did, but then when you met him and when you saw some of the other things that he did you would like him even more. That's what's missing, man. You can blame that on the labels for not expecting that from their artists. If the label doesn't expect it, if they don't ask that from their artists, the artists are going to do what they're supposed to do. And that's turn in records, and then they're good. Years ago, the labels used to coach their artists and tell them what's going to help them, and they looked at their good points and brought that out of them. Nowadays, it's a little different. The labels are happy because the money is coming in. They don't care if the artist destroys their career. They don't care if the artist is selling out. For that moment, as long as they're bringing that paper in, everything is good.

Escobar
10-25-2007, 02:31 AM
Pitchfork: How have you changed since the days when you first started recording?

Rakim: Well, I've matured and been through a lot. I learned a lot about the industry. I learned a lot about music in general. When I was doing it back then, hip-hop was wide open. It was fun for me just writing rhymes and enjoying that part of it. But now you've got to be a lot more business-savvy. For me, it went from enjoying my hobby-- even after we signed the contract, I still looked at it as just enjoying my hobby. I love writing rhymes. I love hip-hop. As you grow and as you learn a little more, as you watch the industry and everything, you try to get a little more involved with your business and stay in tune with the shifts. Hip-hop changes every week, it seems, from slang to the dos and don'ts. There's a lot to learn. There's always a lot to learn.

Pitchfork: How do you challenge yourself to stay relevant, musically?

Rakim: I challenge myself to the music. If I get a track, I look at the track, and I'll take the track through the highest extreme that I can and come up with a concept on that instead of taking the easy way out. When I get a beat, I can see a million rhythms in the beat. I can see the slowest rhythm in the beat, and I can settle with that and write a song. Or I can look for the most intricate rhythms in the beat, and I can build my style and build my concept on that. That's how I challenge myself, by making sure that when the music comes to me, I'm giving the best of Rakim that I can for that track.

As far as seeing if it's what it should be, I'll be real careful with that. First, I'll make sure it feels good to me. Otherwise, I won't play it for anybody. Then I play it for a few people, and I ask questions about the song, if it's this or that. I like an honest opinion, so I try to do it in an honest way. I don't have any yes men around me. I have good people around me. I've got a whole library full of songs, but at the end of the day, we only have about ten songs ready. That's how I know that I don't have people around me that are just yes men. It's good to have that honesty around you.

I'm not perfect when it comes to writing. I'm not perfect when it comes to knowing hip-hop. I strive to do what I do, and I strive to do good music and knowing that it's not always going to be a hit and that it's not always going to make the album. Knowing that gives room for the people around me to say, "No Ra, we're not gonna put that up 'til later." I'm not married to everything I do. I do it, and I want to make sure it's good. If it's not, then I know it, and my team won't hesitate to let me know if it's not.

Pitchfork: After listening to a beat and hearing the rhythms inside of it, have you ever written more than one totally different verse or series of verses for a beat?

Rakim: Yeah, definitely. Sometimes it'll happen before I finish it. I might start off writing something and get a whole verse of it, and then when I go back and say it, sometimes you don't capture the same fireworks that you were seeing when you were trying to create it. Sometimes if I don't get the best out of what I'm trying to get, then definitely I do it over. Sometimes I take a whole song and kind of touch it back up-- if I feel it's getting a little weak or it's getting a little boring, then I'll change four bars or I'll change the style in a few bars just so that it's what I think it should be.

Then some songs, if I don't get that euphoria, we'll just put it to the side. I don't marry the beats. If we get a hot record where we know that record's a smash, then that's the one that I may alter, or if I have to do it over, I do that. I like having the freedom to try new things. Sometimes, you might try something. It might not be exactly what you thought it was going to be, but just having that freedom to try it is what I like now.

I've got my own personal studio so I'm not worrying about the engineer [or] what time it is. I'm not worrying about somebody saying, "Yo Ra, what are you doing in there?" I'll try it out and listen to it. If it works, then it'll definitely be groundbreaking. If it doesn't work, then I'll put it to the side. That's that freedom, man. It's good to have that because I definitely want to try some new things. I'm not trying to change my base of who I am and what I do. I just want to bring them new and improved styles, new music, and just keep being relevant.

Pitchfork: When a track does work and you like it and you keep going with it and everything, is there ever a point when you're performing it and you just get sick of it? Like "Microphone Fiend", have you ever gotten sick of "Microphone Fiend"?

Rakim: No. Performing them, I always get that energy. But listening to them sometimes. Like, I can't stand to listen to certain songs I did a long time ago. When you're performing it, you get that energy back from the crowd, and that's when everything is in perspective. That's why you do it; that's why you wrote it. A lot of songs that I wrote I pictured being on stage when I wrote them, that stage feeling and the crowd giving it back to you. You could be up there [with] a toothache. You could have just had an argument with your wife, could've just lost $5000-- the worst day you could possibly go through. And you get up on stage and do one of the records that you hate hearing every day, but you get up there and you start kickin' and the crowd starts kickin' and you're looking into their faces, they look, and you forget about the money, you forget about the argument, you forget about everything. That's what's good about it. Once I start getting to the point where I'm onstage hating certain records, I'm going to sit back and enjoy it from afar.

Pitchfork: What do you do to unwind when you're not working on music?

Rakim: My family keeps me grounded, man. I started this when I was 16 or 17, and when you're not on tour, when you're not in the studio, you want to be as normal and as regular as possible. Me and my family, we'll watch movies. We'll go hang out, do things that make me feel grounded. To some people, it might be nothing. "What you're doing today, Ra?" "I'm not doing anything. I'm sitting here." But at the same time, I've got my family around me. Sometimes just being regular, away from going out on the road and always constantly being around hundreds and hundreds of people that you have to greet and meet. Because if it wasn't for them, I wouldn't be me. So sometimes the total opposite of that [touring lifestyle] is what I enjoy.

Pitchfork: Speaking of tours, are you planning on incorporating any live band stuff on The Seventh Seal?

Rakim: That's something that me and [Rhythm Roots Allstars] spoke on the last time we got together. Since we're going to be on this tour, and I'm going to be completing the album while I'm on tour, we'll try to get into the studio and whip something up. Because like I said before, they're real tight at what they do, and that's the reason why we sample records, to get that live band sound. So if we can come up with something, and I'm sure we can come up with something that's crazy, then it's nothing but a quick studio trip, and we'll definitely make a statement with that.

The reason why I said I want to get out there and have some fun and learn at the same time is because some people think that hip-hop is two turntables and a microphone, and it is. But the essence of hip-hop is that live band. That's why we had the turntables. When it started, we were scratching live bands. These 60s, 70s funk bands, rock'n'roll-- we were taking the records and scratching them. If we would have been in the environment where we had drummers and horn players and guitar players-- that's not that common in the ghetto. If we would have had guitar players, bass players, drummers, saxophonists, then you might have seen something different with hip-hop, as far as bands being more incorporated, because that's what it is. I don't want to take the DJ element out of it, but at the same time, I just want to let the crowd know that this is why we sample: that live band. I want them to respect that live band. And if I can do something on the album, it'll definitely be a nice piece, and it'll be a statement as well.

Escobar
10-25-2007, 02:34 AM
pretty nice

http://www.zshare.net/audio/4426849bb3105c/

Escobar
10-25-2007, 02:37 AM
http://www.zshare.net/audio/44257617e110d0/

Escobar
10-25-2007, 02:42 AM
tracklistings as followed...
1. Intro
2. Pray
3. American Dreamin’
4. Hello Brooklyn 2.0 feat. Lil Wayne
5. No Hook
6. Roc Boys (And The Winner Is)…
7. Sweet
8. I Know
9. Party Life
10. Ignorant Sh*t feat. Beanie Sigel
11. Say Hello
12. Success feat. Nas
13. Fallin’
BONUS TRACKS
14. Blue Magic
15. American Gangster

Escobar
10-25-2007, 02:45 AM
It is scheduled to be release nov 6th.

Escobar
10-25-2007, 02:47 AM
At the pre-media release screening of the new film "Tupac: Assassination - Conspiracy or Revenge?" last Thursday, former Death Row bodyguard Kevin Hackie said he was undercover for the FBI during his time at the label from 1992 - 1996.

Hackie, who also said that "An arrest will be made in this (2Pac) case," made his comments to an already anxious and restless crowd of close to one hundred people who peppered the panel with questions. Hackie joined the film makers, R. J. Bond and ex Tupac bodyguard Frank "Big Frank" Alexander on the panel for the Q & A after taking issue with an LAPD detective who was in the audience defending the department's handling of the case, which had serious L.A. implications even though Tupac was killed in Las Vegas.

The new DVD Tupac Assassination lays out the entire murder conspiracy plot surrounding the murder of the best selling Hip Hop artist of all time. This eye-opening documentary points out all of the failures of law enforcement officials to fully investigate, follow up on leads and interview key parties involved in this tragic event. Now that the DVD will be available, the smoke and confusion caused by unsubstantiated rumors, myopic myths and urban legends will dissipate and a clear picture will appear from the confusion.
----------
psssss i know for a fact the fbi had something to do in the killings of pac, biggie, maybe even big l and bob marley.

Escobar
10-25-2007, 02:50 AM
Prodigy of Mobb Deep recently called into DJ Whoo Kid’s G-Unit Radio show to speak on his recent conviction on weapons charges and the three and a half year prison sentence he is now facing. The Mobb Deep front man was pulled over in Manhattan last October after making an illegal turn, and was subsequently arrested along with producer The Alchemist when cops found a pistol stashed in his vehicle. “They found a little hammer in my car, so I got a do a little three and a half [years], but I’ll be right back,” P explained sounding reasonably upbeat. He then went on to explain why, after initially denying ownership of the .22 caliber pistol, he later changed his mind and accepted a plea deal. “There was a good chance that I could’ve won, but the cops was lying so much that I didn’t want to fight that. Because once the cops is lying, and the D.A. is believing it, and you got the judge on they side, it’s like…I saw the circumstances and I sat back and I really thought about it and I saw that there was no way I could win.”

P went on to urge listeners to invest in cameras and other surveillance equipment for their vehicles in order to protect themselves from what he sees as a recent increase in racial profiling. He even went so far as to claim that New York cops offered him a chance to setup 50 Cent in exchange for exoneration on his own charges. “They were actually trying to get me to plant evidence in his car,” he explained. “They wanted me to put drugs or guns in his car.”

Despite his impending trip to prison, P promised his fans that he has big plans for the next couple of months, and vowed to stay relevant on the streets through new music during his incarceration. “All [the prosecutors are] doing is making me stronger, they don’t even know what they doing,” he said. “They making me Malcolm X right now.” He even took a minute to take a lighthearted shot at 50 Cent’s recent retail adversary Kanye West. When Whoo Kid wondered if the hip-hop cops were even watching and profiling artists such as Kanye, P commented, “I don’t know if they following that tight clothes ass nigga, but they following me. His clothes is so tight, you can see if he got a gun or not.” Prodigy is scheduled to begin his sentence on January 9.

---------
psssssss....speechless.

Poet
10-25-2007, 03:28 AM
the dude was the sickness when he first came out..no denying......but now hes just another sellout......

next.

His first CD was so good. Now he is so bad. Here is a question for you, if he went back to his old ways of rapping would you listen to him again? I don't know if I could or even would.

bengaaaaals1688
10-25-2007, 11:07 AM
His first CD was so good. Now he is so bad. Here is a question for you, if he went back to his old ways of rapping would you listen to him again? I don't know if I could or even would.

I might give him a chance, but I don't know if I would be able to get as into him as I was at the beginning.

Poet
10-25-2007, 01:04 PM
I might give him a chance, but I don't know if I would be able to get as into him as I was at the beginning.

That first CD is so good man. I almost am embarrassed to own it and occasionally listen to it because of how far 50 Cent has fallen.

bengaaaaals1688
10-25-2007, 01:08 PM
That first CD is so good man. I almost am embarrassed to own it and occasionally listen to it because of how far 50 Cent has fallen.

I know... I still listen to it all the time. His lack of making a good CD since doesn't change how good that CD is or the respect I gave him for that CD. However, it would take a lot for me to actually be excited to listen to something new by him again.

Escobar
10-25-2007, 02:28 PM

Tough question, i really don't know. Hes been such a sellout that i think he has lost all his credibility. And i really doubt he'll make good music again...maybe 1 or two songs down the road but thats about it IMO.

But hopefully he can sign some young talents and let them be themselves and not sellouts. Like joel ortiz, he signed to aftermath/shady, and hes doing great so far.

Escobar
10-25-2007, 02:30 PM
some grimmy joel ortiz stuff

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cRIx_L757_A

Escobar
10-25-2007, 03:37 PM
October 24th, 2007 | Author: Jake Paine

The Tupac Amaru Center For The Arts , located in Stone Mountain, Georgia, was vandalized twice in the last five days. At approximately 2:00 a.m., Saturday October 20, a noose was put around the statue of the slain rapper, located in the center's Peace Garden. Forty eight hours later, additional vandalism, found in hateful writing and threats to other rappers and record labels were found in the same vicinity.

As of Tuesday morning, an unnamed male has been arrested by De Kalb County Police as a primary suspect. The sheriff has also openly stated the likelihood of several vandals involved. No motives have been revealed.

Tupac's mother, Afeni Shakur told press the following: " We thank everyone for their prayers and support. Although our hearts are temporarily in pain, our spirits have already forgiven the perpetrators. Hate comes in all colors and genders therefore we will use this act of hate and ignorance to bring our community together and to pray for the healing of those who harbor such feelings. With God's guidance, the work of the Tupac Amaru Shakur Center for the Arts and Peace Garden will continue to positively impact and transform our community. " As a result of the incident, the center is now raising money for a fence to prevent such events from recurring. On November 10, the center will host its second bi-annual re-dedication of the Peace Garden, followed by film screenings and a discussion panel. More information can be found at www.tasf.org

Requiem / The Dagda
10-25-2007, 04:20 PM
Listen to MF Grimm's - American Hunger.

3 CD's, 60 tracks. . . DOPE.

Escobar
10-25-2007, 06:06 PM
http://allhiphop.com/blogs/features/archive/2007/10/25/18785677.aspx

good read.

bengaaaaals1688
10-25-2007, 06:22 PM

good read.

Great article, and I think that Nas is one of the very few who could get away with that kind of title at this point in the game. I can't wait for that album to drop.:salute:

bengaaaaals1688
10-25-2007, 06:24 PM

good read.

Also, just being on the topic of the word... I think T.I.(who I don't like all that much summed it up best)...

"So excuse me Oprah honey, I'm sorry, really I promise
But nyggas, bytches and hoes do exist, I'm just being honest"

bengaaaaals1688
10-25-2007, 06:25 PM
Now, for one of my favorite Jay-Z songs...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Fl5OovFrYzc

Moment of Clarity.

Escobar
10-26-2007, 12:37 AM
Great article, and I think that Nas is one of the very few who could get away with that kind of title at this point in the game. I can't wait for that album to drop.:salute:

I agree.:salute:

Escobar
10-26-2007, 12:41 AM
Also, just being on the topic of the word... I think T.I.(who I don't like all that much summed it up best)...

"So excuse me Oprah honey, I'm sorry, really I promise
But nyggas, bytches and hoes do exist, I'm just being honest"

Yea man, t.i is dead on......thats what most anti-rap/hiphop morons misunderstand.....there are schiesty fools and there is bimbos that go hoeing around in which rappers call bytches.....yet the average fool doesn't understand that. They think the rappers are attacking women....they do not understand hood life.

Escobar
10-26-2007, 12:55 AM
Now, for one of my favorite Jay-Z songs...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Fl5OovFrYzc

Moment of Clarity.

That is pretty nice.......

but is it me, or did he kinda sound like emenim? maybe it was the hook.....but yea, this one is nice!

bengaaaaals1688
10-26-2007, 12:57 AM
That is pretty nice.......

but is it me, or did he kinda sound like emenim? maybe it was the hook.....but yea, this one is nice!

The song was produced by Eminem, so maybe he threw in more of an Eminem type style. I did notice that as well, but I don't think it was anything major.

Escobar
10-26-2007, 12:59 AM
The song was produced by Eminem, so maybe he threw in more of an Eminem type style. I did notice that as well, but I don't think it was anything major.

ha! that explains it.....nas in 'ether' ''MnM murdered you on your own shiit''

Lol, but i like jay-z hes cool.

Escobar
10-26-2007, 01:09 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=we_m8S_0nP0

talk about real talk.

Escobar
10-26-2007, 01:26 AM
http://allhiphop.com/blogs/multimedia__music/archive/2007/10/19/18760086.aspx

Its pretty good.

bengaaaaals1688
10-26-2007, 02:22 AM
ha! that explains it.....nas in 'ether' ''MnM murdered you on your own shiit''

Lol, but i like jay-z hes cool.

Nah... that one was about Renegade.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=snxN2RTyb68

As for the Saigon track... that was pretty sick... the Wayne track wasn't bad either.:salute:

Escobar
10-26-2007, 02:42 AM
Nah... that one was about Renegade.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=snxN2RTyb68

As for the Saigon track... that was pretty sick... the Wayne track wasn't bad either.:salute:

wow, i never heard that song before.........very good song. :salute:

bengaaaaals1688
10-26-2007, 03:41 PM
wow, i never heard that song before.........very good song. :salute:

Yeah, I love that song. Em's verses are just ridiculous, and Jay's are sick to go with it.

Escobar
10-26-2007, 04:19 PM
Hello Brooklyn 2.0

http://allhiphop.com/blogs/multimedia__music/archive/2007/10/26/18793606.aspx

pretty nice.

Escobar
10-26-2007, 04:23 PM
Listen to MF Grimm's - American Hunger.

3 CD's, 60 tracks. . . DOPE.

Dream, here you go, good interview..

By Odeisel

Does life imitate art or does art imitate life? We have pondered that question for ages, but one artist has lived both sides of the line. Percy Carey a.k.a. MF Grimm has lived a life full of so many twists and turns, you would think it was fiction. From a shady criminal past, to microphone salvation, to karma exacting its balance, Grimm's history reads like one of those urban novels. Paralyzed in a drug-related shootout, Carey was once deaf, dumb and blind. Through pain, hard work, and perseverance, he made his way back to life, back to reality and back to the microphone. What's next? Along with the recent release of his, The Hunt for the Gingerbread Man, turning that real life into a graphic novel. Follow us to Candyland, through the looking glass, into the world of Gingy Breadman, better known as MF Grimm.

AllHipHop.com: How do your beginnings, coming up, affect the content of your rhymes?

MF Grimm: I would say..hmm.. good question. Actually it’s the foundation, my exposure as a child, things of that nature, growing up and seeing things, it instilled inside me, you know, and I processed it and turned it into what I consider [my content].

AllHipHop.com: You used to run with MF Doom. Can we get into your former partnership at all?

MF Grimm: Actually I want you to. MF Doom, that’s my brother. I would like to run with him again. I don’t know if he would feel comfortable with me due to the very well known dispute between us. That’s behind me, you know? He’s a brother to me and that means more than, you know money and financial status and just ego. If I’m wrong, I’m wrong. There’s a lot of things I’ve done that are wrong in this circumstance. There’s certain things that I feel he’s done wrong and things of that nature. But as for him, he’s a genius, that’s my brother, I wish him nothing but success. I would love to work with him again. But if he felt like that could not happen, I will always support his music. He’s Doom!

AllHipHop.com: He uses Dr. Doom as a visual representation of his character. I know you are an avid comic book fan. Was that a part of your friendship? Have comics always been a part of your life?

MF Grimm: Yeah to a degree. Me and Doom, we watched a lot of comics and animation. I don’t know if that was the structure of our relationship, but it was a part of it. I’ve always been a DC [Comics] man. Superman and Batman. Most people are Marvel [Comics] dudes. [I was a DC dude] except for the Hulk. To this day I’m with the Hulk. If I could I would write for the Hulk. I like what Greg Pak is doing with the Hulk in World War Hulk. Outside that I’ve always been a DC person. That’s why this was a great opportunity for me now that I’m a writer for DC comics and I could put my spin to it. I also got love for the villains, yunno? The Joker.

AllHipHop.com: The Vertigo line has allowed DC to be grittier than their normal line so I’m sure that would fit right in with your content and some of the ideas you are trying to bring forward.

MF Grimm: Yes, it’s definitely a blessing that I’m with Vertigo. We’re considered the HBO of comics. There’s a lot of things I do that I can’t...that I couldn’t get to do with other publications or distributors. Vertigo, I have free rein. Karen Berger, she’s the best. I’m constantly learning from her. Look at the caliber of writers she has groomed or brought in. I mean, V for Vendetta, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, uh… American Virgin. I mean even the new ones. Stardust, that’s Neil Gaimon, she brought him in. Karen brought him in and that’s how she works with me on a regular basis. She works hard with me, so you know I’m thankful to be at Vertigo.

AllHipHop.com: Even though you’re confined to a wheel chair, recovering from where you were could be considered superhuman in its own right. Can you tell us about that journey? You couldn’t see, hear, or touch, basically Helen Keller status. Now you’re strong enough to give an interview, still put out albums, and run a company. That’s a pretty big deal.

MF Grimm: I have to say that’s the strength of the people I surround myself with and also The Creator. I can’t even take credit for any of this because there’s so many times I wanted to give up. I’ve been shot 10 times in my life, I’ve had two collapsed lungs, I’ve been blind and deaf, like you said. I was told I would never talk again; I was in a coma. It’s just fighting through all that. I take more so that it’s about blessings and not about me like I’m some tough guy or something of that nature, or I’m superhuman. I might feel sometimes that I’m superhuman, but it’s really about The Creator.

It’s really about the people that support you, that give you the emotional energy that’s needed to get through those times because it’s not all fun and games. There’s many times when I’m down. There’s a lot of times when I’m in pain and I don’t know how I’m a do tomorrow. I have great people around me to help me. So it’s a joint effort. It’s still a struggle but I always look at it as there’s people under worse circumstances than myself who don’t know what I’m going through, so who am I to complain?

AllHipHop.com: You have one of the few triple album in Hip-Hop history, plus ghostwriting credits that people may not know about. Speak on that.

MF Grimm: Well the ghostwriting credits I don’t really want to get into, but the triple album I don’t know. I was told that I was the first independent solo artist to come out with a triple album with 60 songs. If anyone else did, I’m not sure who they are.

AllHipHop.com: I know 8 Ball (of 8 Ball and MJG) had a triple album. I don’t know how many songs he had.

MF Grimm: From my understanding, it was a double album and a compilation of other stuff. My stuff is all brand new material, 60 tracks deep. Independently pressed up, and I did it, with the help of others but independently and I only did it because it had never been done.

AllHipHop.com: Is that your motivation now, as an artist, to create what hasn’t been done before?

MF Grimm: You hit it on the nose and your the onlyperson that did. That is my total motivation. My only motivation is to do what’s never been done. I just created The Hunt for the Gingerbread Man, The Mixtape. I rhymed for 32 minutes and 4 seconds about ingredients. Strictly ingredients. And it’s never been done, so I said you know hwat? I’m a do it. I burnt my brain out trying to rhyme about ingredients for a half hour. Strictly ingredients. I talk about nothing else. That’s what motivates me.

AllHipHop.com: What would you rank higher? Having your life story become a graphic novel, creating that triple album or creating things that never came before? Which is higher on your achievement list?

MF Grimm: Creating things that never came before, cause that’s what motivates others to continue to do things of that nature. So I can motivate someone that buys my triple CD to go “You know what? I’m a do that. I’m a do it in all Arabic. I’m a rhyme in Arabic and do a quadruple CD with 80 songs,” whatever. It’s just a foundation , a stepping stone for someone else to achieve. It might make them think about doing something totally different. It’s just the fact of doing something that has not been done.

AllHipHop.com: Jay-Z named his album Kingdom Come, after the DC graphic novel. You got Ghostface as Tony Starks the Iron Man. Comic books are intertwined in a lot of lyrical content. Do you draw inspiration for the books themselves? Rather than having your life be in the books, does it work the other way around?

MF Grimm: Good Question. Now that I am behind the scenes as a writer, for the majority of the things you just mentioned, it influenced me, more so on the imagination side. I have a lot of characters that I’m trying ot bring to the DC universe and to Vertigo so it just opened up another door. A side of me. Like yeah back in the days, I’d be more influenced by a comic book or a character in a comic book, but now I know how to create characters to comic books. So my influence is more internal. Comics still have influence you know? But more so I’ve gotten to the point of being a creator.

AllHipHop.com: How does the creative process differ? Writing a 32 minute song has to be mentally taxing. How does that compare with creating characters with the intent that the character lives on and isn’t finite like a song would be.

MF Grimm: Actually I was able to do that because I combined the mediums. I learned that the mediums were equivalent; musically writing a song and creating a graphic novel is all designing new characters. Once I learned that, the formulas, and I combined them and made my own formula, which I have to say is similar to Bruce Lee. He learned many styles and then created his own. For instance, now that I’m dealing with graphic novels and animation and writing and dealing with film structures, and I’m also in music—I got my own style; I call it Win Chun Tung. It’s like a martial arts of the tongue and it’s just my own style. I’m not afraid anymore. I’m not a fraid to create a style or an album and it be structured and they be like “Yo dude, that sh*t is wack, I don’t know what you was trying to do, but I’m not feeling it.” I think people get caught up into a realm where they always gotta do that. They do what you expect. I’d rather deal with the unexpected. And expect the unexpected from me.

AllHipHop.com: Who would win, Batman or Daredevil?

MF Grimm: Batman

AllHipHop.com: Boston Baked Beans or Lemon heads?

MF Grimm: Lemon Heads

AllHipHop.com: What’s your favorite beer?

MF Grimm: Root Beer

AllHipHop.com: I’m going to say a couple words and I want you to say what comes to mind. Candyland.

MF Grimm: Crumbs

AllHipHop.com: Gingy Breadman

MF Grimm: Percy Carey

AllHipHop.com: Gretel Honeybun

MF Grimm: Percy Carey’s Wife

AllHipHop.com: [Al] Sharpton

MF Grimm: Contradiction

AllHipHop.com: Ni**er.

MF Grimm: *Pauses* Wow. That stopped me in my tracks right? Umm...Overrated

AllHipHop.com: What’s the Future for MF Grimm?

MF Grimm: Films. Working with Preston Holmes and Nyima Holmes, executive producer of Juice, New Jack City, and several other films. I’m going into film writing.

bengaaaaals1688
10-26-2007, 05:00 PM
Hello Brooklyn 2.0

http://allhiphop.com/blogs/multimedia__music/archive/2007/10/26/18793606.aspx

pretty nice.

That's pretty good... the comments some people left were dumb as hell, though lol.

I also didn't really like Wayne's verse that much, but that's just me.

Escobar
10-26-2007, 07:27 PM
http://www.zshare.net/audio/445946568b4087/

another exclusive....:D

from his new album.

Escobar
10-27-2007, 03:08 PM
maybe awik will know about this.

k-solo- fugitive

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CD2CyPw03Ew

bengaaaaals1688
10-27-2007, 03:34 PM