PDA

View Full Version : 8/11/10 practice am & pm

pnbronco
08-12-2010, 12:45 PM
I went to both practices yesterday and it was so stinking hot that I came down with a headache that I still have this am. Not sure how much I have to share because my focus was just not that good.

About the hour into the practice they were doing 7/7 with O and D lines, the guys were right in front of me down in their stance, it looked like buckets of water was being poured on the players heads, I have never seen that much sweat pour off of anyone. I can see how players can die from dehydration, it was a unreal sight. After practice Richard Quinn walk over the auto line and it looked like he had walked through a shower first. I don't think there was one dry stop on his body and as he was talking sweat was still pouring off his head.

When Branson was hurt they were doing a goal line run play. I think his leg got caught in the pile. When the pile broke up he down on all fours and could not stand up. After the trainer got there he did stand up and pointed down to the lower part of his leg. He walked out the area he was at without help. I was surprised to read that they brought a cart out. He must of had trouble after I stopped watching. Did not see him the rest of the day.

I did not see what happened to Gaff or Ayers. I was in the corner in the am and it's hard to see much over there. I did see that Ayers was wearing a heavy brace on him arm in the pm practice and was very active in the pm practice. It did not stop him from having some serious dance moves in the pm practice for warm ups. He seems to be in the middle of every play he's in these days.

Orton in both is getting the majority of the reps. To me it seems like he reading things a lot faster. Plus he was more mobile than I can remember him being last year, not Elway mobile but mobile for Kyle. Saw some great passes to Lloyd, Quinn, Royal, Willis and Graham. Graham has had some great receptions this camp. I really hope he gets to play more as a receiver. They were also a bunch of interceptions at both. I was not close but I think I saw Goodman with a couple and I know I saw Nate Jones with at least one and I'm thinking Cox also. Oh and Champ had a great interception last night and was just Champ with the I'm still here walk.

Quinn has great passes when they are doing the QB drills. His timing is still off when they are doing the 7/7 and 11/11.

Tebow has some real zip in his passes. He is just going to need time to work on accuracy. Even in the QB drills when there is no pressure he is too high or too low about half the time. The nice thing is that I think he very realist about where he is at in all this. He had a lame duck last night, like it was almost sideways and he got a total sheepist look on his face...ooops. He also seems to be handling the pressure from his fans. It is nuts how crazy these people are around him and he just smiles and is very kind. He did have a couple of beautiful passes yesterday.

I have to say I was shocked at how well Justin Fargus did yesterday at both practices. At one point Marcus Thomas just grabbed his jersey from the back and held on....gave everyone a big laugh. He seemed to be hitting the hole quickly and had some power in his run. It could be because he's new the D isn't use to his moves yet like the others guys, but it was fun to watch.

Lance Bell is still the strongest of the regs RB's still standing. I've seen him catch several balls on the 7/7 and 11/11 too.

Saw more of Overbay yesterday esp after Branson went down and he caught a bunch of nice passes. There are 2 new WR's working out quite a bit with Deckers and Thomas down. Patrick Carter and Britt Davis. I saw Davis with several nice catches plus they were trying him out on punt returns too. Cox got the majority of catches in the punt return yesterday.

The players were in their shorts in the pm practice. They worked on a lot of timing practices. The one thing I noticed is that the everyone of the O line guys has a knee brace on both knees. Lots and lots of goal line drills were in the pm.

Only the O had to run at the end of the am practice because they had a bad 2 minute drill. Where I was sitting I didn't hear anything Josh said and he wasn't having his totally ticked off body language. Just too many int during that drill. I found it kind of funny how much D-Mack was making of it on "The Fan". I've seen Shanny blow up and everyone in the area heard him.

Speaking of being heard. Man Wink is on those guys like a drill sergeant. Joe Mays got chewed up and spit out twice a bunch yesterday. When Mays broke up a pass I hear Wink go that's it Joe and then Wink walked over and patted Mays on the back.

The other person that has really stood out to me all of camp is Mario Haggan, he is everywhere and I've heard some serious hits from the man. He's broken up passes and is super vocal with the D. Plus had some great dance moves during pm warm ups.

D was the stronger group yesterday in both am and pm. Not sure if that really means anything since quite of few of the 2's are playing 1's right now with all the injuries.

underrated29
08-12-2010, 12:57 PM
thank thank thank you. good job.

TXBRONC
08-12-2010, 02:14 PM
I really appreciate you taking the time to do all this PN. :salute:

BigDaddyBronco
08-12-2010, 02:15 PM
Thanks PN.

Good news about Hagan. Now maybe Ayers can step up a little.

frenchfan
08-12-2010, 05:05 PM
As always... Thanks PNie...

Just great to hear Orton is getting better and "mobile" :D
I think he will surprise some people if he can stay healthy.

I have a question about Tebow... I can't understand why he was so accurate when he was playing college (more than 65% of completion) and not at the NFL level... :confused:
Do you think it's about the work on his release?

Did you see something about our DL?

:salute: :beer:

pnbronco
08-12-2010, 08:13 PM
As always... Thanks PNie...

Just great to hear Orton is getting better and "mobile" :D
I think he will surprise some people if he can stay healthy.

I have a question about Tebow... I can't understand why he was so accurate when he was playing college (more than 65% of completion) and not at the NFL level... :confused:

Did you see something about our DL?

I don't watch college so I'm probably the last person to ask. What I've heard from most guys that go pro is that the speed of the game goes way up in the pro's. So I think it's just a new learning curve for him. Plus he could be trying too hard right now. The kid is just that a kid. He's learning, people are chanting his name, they cheer even when he has a bad throw, so that's a lot of expectations on him external and internal.

Today they were doing their throwing drill to a staff person. The goal is to get it in the guys hands, he is not a WR. Tebow overthrew him bad, but it was far and the crowd went nuts. I couldn't take anymore and said it's a accuracy drill not a distance one. He has skills, real zip, nice kid and seems to work his tail off so I'm hopeful that he will get the time he needs to develop into a NFL QB.

underrated29
08-12-2010, 11:23 PM

I might take a stab at this also...I like what P said and agree, but this is something that I have been throwing around lately. When I do my analysis on him after sundays game I will know more but...........

I think tebows accuracy has stayed the same. Both in college and pros. But as noted and I have seen first hand he is not so accurate in practice on a fair few occasions. What is even more interesting is that Tebow seems to become more accurate the further he throws the ball. This goes against all common sense. But i saw it in practice and in some highlights.

So what gives...

My theory (like I said still have to watch him live in NFL to have a better grasp) Is Tebows Anticipation.

I think he accuracy might be so high because he can anticipate his WR. So on the short routes where I have seen him miss a bunch the WR is usually stationary or not moving terribly fast, or in any direction. But on the longer passes the WR is moving and that could be a steak down the field, a slant, or even a comeback. Those passes he seems to nail. He hits them in stride or right as they break the ball is there. (which does also mean he has to be accurate to a point). But what I am getting at is he seems to be able to throw the ball before the WR is there knowing he will tack it down.

I saw this a time or two at camp and a couple times at invesco. On one play DT i believe was covered, and covered well. Tebow held the ball to long ran to his left and then threw it. I was like o man this is a bad throw. right then DT turned and I think he might have been as surprised as I was that the ball was there. but he caught it.....I cant explain it very well, and could be way off. But to me tebow seems to anticipate the WR and the DB in such a way that he can make a normal innacurate throw look accurate because he has to just get the ball to the vicinity of where he exepcts the wr to be and the db not be.

TT did have some nice laser strikes in a tiny window too, but I understand what you are wondering too frenchie and I have also wondered this. Its like he throws it to guys who are covered and then the very instance the ball is there they are not covered.

anywho- its something to keep an eye on in pre season. I still expect to see atleast 2-3 ints and 2-3 red zone trips.

frenchfan
08-13-2010, 05:53 AM
Well thanks for your answers Pnie & underrated...

I've watched some clips to know more about TT... And I liked what I've seen... Anyway, those clips only display good plays, not all the plays... See what I mean? ;)
So it's easy to have a wrong interpretation...

Underrated, your theory is very interesting and intriguing... "anticipation"... Something to watch for sure!
I do agree it's over common sense that he's more accurate when he throws further... :confused: :D

Another answer could be the work on his release... WHen you change your routine, you're not as good as what you usually do... Anyway, once you get it, you've moved a step higher...
I've experienced that when I was playing snooker... I had to change things to be better... First, I was worst... But when I got used to the changes, damn... I was so much better... :D

:beer:

Jagsbch
08-13-2010, 09:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBZ_BNWrdxo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIfbboIk-Dg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF2asfqcdCE