PDA

View Full Version : Elvis Dumervil is expected back this season

arapaho2
08-11-2010, 12:21 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15734598

A day after Elvis Dumervil underwent surgery to repair a torn pectoral — recall that the Broncos were waiting for this surgery to really determine how long Dumervil would be out — the Post’s Mike Klis opens his mailbag with this little ditty:

“Let’s begin this mailbag by stating that based on nearly everything I’ve been hearing, Elvis Dumervil is expected back this season

i hope this means the doc found out the tear was a partial and not a full tear once he opened him up

TXBRONC
08-11-2010, 01:07 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15734598

A day after Elvis Dumervil underwent surgery to repair a torn pectoral — recall that the Broncos were waiting for this surgery to really determine how long Dumervil would be out — the Post’s Mike Klis opens his mailbag with this little ditty:

“Let’s begin this mailbag by stating that based on nearly everything I’ve been hearing, Elvis Dumervil is expected back this season

i hope this means the doc found out the tear was a partial and not a full tear once he opened him up

Since they're talking about Dumervil possibly coming back this season that lends to hope that the injury wasn't as severe as they originally thought.

silkamilkamonico
08-11-2010, 01:19 PM
Well, do they have any idea when? Are we talking like around weeks 7, 8, 9, or 14, 15, 16? I think it's going to take him a game or 2 to get up to full game speed considering the rest of the NFL will be past that.

I think really this is great news because the injury isn't more serious, but I'm hoping our defense will have an identity where we won't need to count on him.

SOCALORADO.
08-11-2010, 01:23 PM
Well, do they have any idea when? Are we talking like around weeks 7, 8, 9, or 14, 15, 16? I think it's going to take him a game or 2 to get up to full game speed considering the rest of the NFL will be past that.

I think really this is great news because the injury isn't more serious, but I'm hoping our defense will have an identity where we won't need to count on him.

Appently it was a full tear and he had a collapsed lung as well, but the Dr stepped away called Tebow, who flew (literally) over to the surgi-center and was hooked up for a blood transfusion.
Doom should be 100% and back on the field next week.
Its no biggie, really.

claymore
08-11-2010, 01:23 PM

Im hoping we dont miss him at all. If our defense hinged on 1 OLB we were in s shit ton of trouble anyway.

silkamilkamonico
08-11-2010, 01:27 PM
Im hoping we dont miss him at all. If our defense hinged on 1 OLB we were in s shit ton of trouble anyway.

I really like Dumerville, but I could not agree with you more on this sentiment.

Tned
08-11-2010, 01:27 PM

As long as he's back for the playoffs, that's when we'll need him the most.

Mike
08-11-2010, 01:30 PM
As long as he's back for the playoffs, that's when we'll need him the most.

I really doubt Denver will be in contention for a playoff spot. The safe play is to take it slow with him and not expect him back this year.

SOCALORADO.
08-11-2010, 01:33 PM
I really doubt Denver will be in contention for a playoff spot. The safe play is to take it slow with him and not expect him back this year.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_O1p5dF-RlvY/SY2cCNL9kcI/AAAAAAAAECw/ANJCb9QA8tY/s400/MattFoley.jpg

Mike
08-11-2010, 01:38 PM
:cheer2:

Tned
08-11-2010, 01:44 PM

When they are mathmatically eliminated (some would say that's already happened :laugh:) then I will stop hoping for the playoffs. Until then, I'm one that buys into Josh's claim that he is not rebuilding, but focusing on winning THIS season, and I am a believer if you get in, anything can happen.

Do you believe in miracles....

Mike
08-11-2010, 01:49 PM
When they are mathmatically eliminated (some would say that's already happened :laugh:) then I will stop hoping for the playoffs. Until then, I'm one that buys into Josh's claim that he is not rebuilding, but focusing on winning THIS season, and I am a believer if you get in, anything can happen.

Do you believe in miracles....

I want to believe...it's just a little tough after the way they ended the season. Of course I reserve the right to change my tune after seeing how the team looks during the preseason games. ;)

Nomad
08-11-2010, 01:59 PM

I'm glad to see his injury isn't as bad as first thought and hope he heals to 100%. I agree with the highlighted part.

T.K.O.
08-11-2010, 02:06 PM
I want to believe...it's just a little tough after the way they ended the season. Of course I reserve the right to change my tune after seeing how the team looks during the preseason games. ;)

i'm gonna wait til after the bye week before i make the call:shocked::D

arapaho2
08-11-2010, 03:50 PM

for me not to push him but to get him back by week 14 in time for a potential playoff push if it comes together on fresh legs would be solid

Dean
08-11-2010, 04:17 PM

Personally, I am not able to get any kind of evaluation of the Broncos until they play actual games. Preseason games with matching reserves and players to be cut in games that don't count toward your record are deceiving.

spikerman
08-11-2010, 05:02 PM
I think just winning a game in December would be a nice change.

TXBRONC
08-11-2010, 05:09 PM

If we are in the running for a playoff bid or are in the playoffs then I could see them letting get on the field if at all possible. If we're not then I see them shutting him down until next season.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-11-2010, 05:25 PM
So um, what are the rules when it comes to stuff like this? I mean, correct me if I'm wrong but don't guys who are placed on IR not available for the rest of the season (so that's out) and guys who get PUPed have to be back and playing by week 8 I think? If neither of those is an option (i.e. we want him back when he's ready), don't we have to keep him a spot on the 53 man roster all year until/if he can return? That's an awful long time to be a man down waiting for a possibility of him maybe coming back late in the year.

So am I all jacked up on this?

T.K.O.
08-11-2010, 05:42 PM
So um, what are the rules when it comes to stuff like this? I mean, correct me if I'm wrong but don't guys who are placed on IR not available for the rest of the season (so that's out) and guys who get PUPed have to be back and playing by week 8 I think? If neither of those is an option (i.e. we want him back when he's ready), don't we have to keep him a spot on the 53 man roster all year until/if he can return? That's an awful long time to be a man down waiting for a possibility of him maybe coming back late in the year.

no, i think you pretty much nailed the options and....yes....they suck:shocked::salute:

frauschieze
08-11-2010, 06:20 PM

I'm pretty sure players can only be on the PUP list if they can't play at the start of camp, which if true, means it's not an option for Doom.

BroncoBJ
08-11-2010, 06:26 PM
I'm really hoping that he just missed the 1st half of the season and comes back in November right after the Bye for a second half surge. :rockon: Not sure if thats wishful thinking or not but I'd be happy with that scenerio.

TXBRONC
08-11-2010, 06:57 PM

If I'm not mistaken in '97 Jerry Rice suffered an acl tear on opening day but he vowed he would be back before the end of the season and he did. In fact memory serves me correctly he came back the same week we played the 49ers in San Francisco and didn't the 49ers just leave his roster spot open so that if did in deed come back he could play?

Lonestar
08-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Personally, I am not able to get any kind of evaluation of the Broncos until they play actual games. Preseason games with matching reserves and players to be cut in games that don't count toward your record are deceiving.

I believe he is saying watching the first quarter of said games to see where we are at ..

Lonestar
08-11-2010, 07:34 PM

PUP is for players that can't perform before TC. Once they are accepted as players and pass their physicals PUP is not an option. Which means they have to keep him on the active squad till he is able to play. IR is final for the season.

SO we will be one player short all year till we find out ..

rcsodak
08-11-2010, 10:09 PM
I'm glad to see his injury isn't as bad as first thought and hope he heals to 100%. I agree with the highlighted part.

Funny this writer says he expects him back, and yet another beat writer says he's more than likely lost for the season.

I guess until he's put on IR, it'll be a guessing game.

NorCalBronco7
08-11-2010, 10:11 PM
When the playoffs roll around and we're in contention, I hope Elvis does come back. Im really not sure if he will be able to though...

Lonestar
08-11-2010, 10:13 PM
Funny this writer says he expects him back, and yet another beat writer says he's more than likely lost for the season.

I guess until he's put on IR, it'll be a guessing game.

even if he is back late jsut how effective will he be after missing most of the season.

probably take him 2-3 games to get his game legs back and then there is timing.

I suspect anyone expecting great thing should wait for 2011 IF there is a season.