PDA

View Full Version : Who will win the AFC West this year?

broncofaninfla
08-11-2010, 11:28 AM
Who will win the AFC West this year? I know it's early but who is your pre-season favorite? Try to be as objection as possible and explain your reasoning.

claymore
08-11-2010, 11:31 AM
I say SD, then Oakland. SD does have more issues at LT than we do though... I look forward to seeing rivers and a face mask full of turf.

Nomad
08-11-2010, 11:31 AM
denver broncos:drinking:

MasterShake
08-11-2010, 11:34 AM
Denver! But I think Oakland and KC will be more dangerous this year. San Diego, I don't know. Seems like they are due for an off year.

Northman
08-11-2010, 11:37 AM
Until any team can prove to knock them down from their pedestal its still got to be San Diego. They have some question marks going into this year but Rivers is still one of the better QB's in the game and like Manning can make his younger receivers a factor. The bigger question mark is the Oline protecting him and how the rookie RB does. But, as i said, they are the kings until proven otherwise.

Mike
08-11-2010, 11:38 AM
SD
Oak
KC
Den :(

LTC Pain
08-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Chargers (playoffs)
Broncos (playoffs)
Raiders
Chiefs

broncofaninfla
08-11-2010, 11:47 AM
I'm going with Oakland. It almost seems as though Davis isn't running the show anymore as they seem to finally be doing things right. There is a lot of optimism in the Raider camp and I feel it's much deserved.

I can see San Diego slowly declining and love the fact they are in dire need of a LT.

Denver has a lot of questions, I really have no idea what type of team we'll field this year. A very unproven OL and some new additions to the RB's. The rushing attack could be even worse than least year and last year we were pretty bad.

Kansas City is also a team on the up IMO. They finished stronger than Denver last year made some good offseason moves.

I'd love to see Denver earn the West but being we finished as the weakest team in teh West last year and seeing the teams in the West improving, it's going to be tough. Mcd has his players playing his scheme and most have been in the scheme for two years. If his scheme is what some claim it is we should be a improved team over last year.

Northman
08-11-2010, 11:48 AM
I'm going with Oakland. It almost seems as though Davis isn't running the show anymore as they seem to finally be doing things right. There is a lot of optimism in the Raider camp and I feel it's much deserved.

I can see San Diego slowly declining and love the fact they are in dire need of a LT.

Denver has a lot of questions, I really have no idea what type of team we'll field this year. A very unproven OL and some new additions to the RB's. The rushing attack could be even worse than least year and last year we were pretty bad.

Kansas City is also a team on the up IMO. They finished stronger than Denver last year made some good offseason moves.

I'd love to see Denver earn the West but being we finished as the weakest team in teh West last year and seeing the teams in the West improving, it's going to be tough. Mcd has his players playing his scheme and most have been in the scheme for two years. If his scheme is what some claim it is we should be a improved team over last year.

Not sure if they have enough yet to win the division but i think Campbell is a HUGE upgrade for them and will make a definite impact this year.

Nomad
08-11-2010, 11:59 AM
Until any team can prove to knock them down from their pedestal its still got to be San Diego. They have some question marks going into this year but Rivers is still one of the better QB's in the game and like Manning can make his younger receivers a factor. The bigger question mark is the Oline protecting him and how the rookie RB does. But, as i said, they are the kings until proven otherwise.

I agree that until SD is knocked off, they're the favorites! I think KC is the team to watch out for!!

Devilspawn
08-11-2010, 12:03 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Den, Oak or SD won the division. I see KC as a spoiler late this season and a huge threat for years to come.

SOCALORADO.
08-11-2010, 01:39 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Den, Oak or SD won the division. I see KC as a spoiler late this season and a huge threat for years to come.

http://www.extremesportstrader.co.uk/shots/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/drugs-are-bad.jpg

slim
08-11-2010, 01:44 PM
Denver.

T.K.O.
08-11-2010, 02:37 PM
the broncos by a nose !

http://denver.metromix.com/content_image/full/1147122/560/370

CrazyHorse
08-11-2010, 03:11 PM
I hate to say this but I think Oakland has a pretty good shot.

Tempus Fugit
08-11-2010, 03:26 PM
I'm not as down on the Broncos as a lot of the 'experts' (They were down on the Broncos last year, too), but I think that there are too many question marks in the AFCW to even attempt this until after preseason week 3. Reasons:

Major losses for S.D., possible improved running game

Major upgrade for Oak, but what's the impact

Denver's missing Dumervil and Marshall, but the D should be much stouter

KC should field a much better secondary, an improved WR and RB corps, and the questions will still be on the O-line and the defensive front 7

Lonestar
08-11-2010, 03:36 PM
OAK is loaded with talent they have been drafting top ten talent since gruden left. If al davis will leave the coach de jour alone they may have a legit chance of winning it.

KC also has been drafting well the last few years. Is the new coach the leader they need?

SAN has been loaded with talent for a decade because they were bottom feeding drafters also. Their issues have been coaching forever good coaching but not PLAYOFF caliber. They have player issues now so they maybe be dethroned.

DEN has a lot of first line talent that is awfully raw if it gels and injury free it could be our year. But we all know those types of years like 05 do not come around very often.

I said SAN in the poll but OAK could sneak in as a dark horse IF al does not screw it up like he usuaully does.
DEN is a draft or two away from getting more depth they they need to battle injuries.

I believe we have the best coaching staff in the west just was left with lousy players at least really poor depth over most of the squad.

We have some stars but not enough to carry the TEAM.

But then we could get lucky and make that leap this year.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

arapaho2
08-11-2010, 04:25 PM
OAK is loaded with talent they have been drafting top ten talent since gruden left. If al davis will leave the coach de jour alone they may have a legit chance of winning it.

KC also has been drafting well the last few years. Is the new coach the leader they need?

SAN has been loaded with talent for a decade because they were bottom feeding drafters also. Their issues have been coaching forever good coaching but not PLAYOFF caliber. They have player issues now so they maybe be dethroned.

DEN has a lot of first line talent that is awfully raw if it gels and injury free it could be our year. But we all know those types of years like 05 do not come around very often.

I said SAN in the poll but OAK could sneak in as a dark horse IF al does not screw it up like he usuaully does.
DEN is a draft or two away from getting more depth they they need to battle injuries.

I believe we have the best coaching staff in the west just was left with lousy players at least really poor depth over most of the squad.

We have some stars but not enough to carry the TEAM.

But then we could get lucky and make that leap this year.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

as shown by bey and russell

Tned
08-11-2010, 06:04 PM
I see Denver more as a wild card team, if they make the playoffs, so I chose SD. It's realy hard to tell how close Den, KC or Oak is to turning the corner, and with the holdouts and such in SD, hard to say how they will be.

The AFC West could be one of the worst divisions in the NFL, but at the same time, in the NFL it is really hard to predict when teams will go from bad to good or vice versa.

shank
08-11-2010, 06:08 PM
i go into every season honestly believing that the broncos will win the division. if our talent level is less, or we are dealing with a crazy injury spree, then those are things that we will have to overcome, but i am 100% convinced that we will find ways to deal with whatever problems we have and field a great team. this belief can't be refuted until the team takes the field, so that's where i'm at.

spikerman
08-11-2010, 06:11 PM
I said SD. Unless they get hit by injuries they still appear to be the class of the division. I think all three teams have better overall talent than the Broncos, especially on offense. Unfortunately, I think Denver's lack of playmakers and KC's questionable defense will leave those two fighting to stay out of the AFC West cellar.

rcsodak
08-11-2010, 10:19 PM
I don't think there's any way in hell that the west has more than one team in the playoffs. Not with the likes of NE/NY/MIA all looking better, and CIN/PIT/BAL the same. Plus who knows which TENN team shows up. Last year's or '08's.

Lonestar
08-11-2010, 10:47 PM
as shown by bey and russell

it is not just the first pick each year it is also the next two picks and when you are getting up to 4 picks in the top hundred or so picks your getting other players also.
for example
1 7 Darrius Heyward-Bey WR Maryland
2 47 Mike Mitchell DB Ohio U.
3 71 Matt Shaughnessy DE Wisconsin
2007 - Oakland Raiders
1 4 Darren McFadden RB Arkansas
4 100 Tyvon Branch CB Connecticut
4 125 Arman Shields WR Richmond

Rd Sel # Player Position School
1 1 JaMarcus Russell QB Louisiana State
2 38 Zach Miller TE Arizona State
3 65 Quentin Moses DE Georgia
3 91 Mario Henderson T Florida State
3 99 Johnnie Lee Higgins WR Texas-El Paso
4 100 Michael Bush RB Louisville
4 110 John Bowie CB Cincinnati

1 7 Michael Huff SS Texas
2 38 Thomas Howard OLB Texas-El Paso
3 69 Paul McQuistan G Weber State
4 101 Darnell Bing LB USC

1 23 Fabian Washington CB Nebraska
2 38 Stanford Routt DB Houston
3 69 Andrew Walter QB Arizona State
3 78 Kirk Morrison LB San Diego State
20 picks all under 125 in those years. now I'm not sure whether they were all keepers but they had some options there.

Russell was not a bad QB he just got sent to the wrong team if any was the wrong team it was the raiders and al davis.

Had he went to another team with a great HC and QB mentor without the gazillion dollars he got he may have actually turned out to be a player.

The other kid will be a fine WR when they get someone to throw to him. Which they may have this year. maybe not a world beater but someone that will spread the field for them.

Their defense is one of the best just needed some O to go with it.

NorCalBronco7
08-11-2010, 11:45 PM
Chargers
Broncos
Raiders
Chiefs

:salute: