PDA

View Full Version : Nickerson Panthers Football

keithbishop
09-15-2007, 11:58 AM
Nickerson 13 Little River 9

The Panthers improved to 2-0 in a game that went down to the wire. A fumble recovery and then an interception late in the game stopped 2 Little River drives. Great start with the Panthers returning the opening kickoff for a TD.

Player of the game: Tough call ;), but I've got to go with #76, starting LG/reserve DT Jerry Galemore. How about that... Keith Bishop's boy plays LG!!:cool:

Jerry busted his butt on offense and was in on goal line stands plus 1 full series on defense. He got a sack!!

We were in Kansas City last weekend and missed his first game.

Medford Bronco
09-15-2007, 02:52 PM
thats great KB

I hope he is having fun playing :D

keithbishop
09-15-2007, 06:39 PM
thats great KB

I hope he is having fun playing :D

He learned about being overconfident. This was the team Nickerson beat 30-0 to end last season and he told me it would be an easy game.... I told him it would be far from easy.... and it ended up being a nail biter.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-15-2007, 06:55 PM
GREAT job Jerry :salute: GO Panthers :cheer2:

keithbishop
09-22-2007, 09:01 PM
The Panthers improved to 3-0 in a game that was a defensive battle (offensive struggle?) for 2.5 quarters.

Player of the game:

Another tough call ;), but I've got to go with Jerry Galemore again. Now starting at LG AND DLT, he played all but 2 snaps of the 1st half and most of the 2nd half. He notched 2 nice open field tackles and, spending much of the game as DT in Hesston's backfield, picked up 2 sacks.

Jerry's butt was the key to the 1st score. :D
Not allowed to rush on kicks (one of the safety rules as there are many, many, many botched long snaps), Jerry just stood around on a punt midway through the 3rd Quarter, but his butt was in perfect position to deflect a low line-drive punt into a teammate's hands....... 50 yards later, Nickerson had it's first TD.

In his 3rd/4th grade league, kicking a ball through the uprights after a TD is a 2-point conversion. Running or passing is an extra point. This was the first time Nickerson tried kicking for 2, but it worked both times. The 2nd score came on a 70-yard run. Hesston made it inside the 30 just once and couldn't get inside the 15.

Here's to you, #76.... and to your butt.

I can't wait to see the look on his face when he reads this. :laugh:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-22-2007, 09:07 PM
CONGRATS once again Panthers :salute:

And Jerry - tell dad to :cool: it - whatever it takes to get the job done :elefant:

keithbishop
09-25-2007, 05:20 PM
The Behemoth of the Bible Belt .......

The Terror of Tornado Alley...........

The Monster of the Midwest...............

The Inner State Intimidator.................

The Heartthrob of the Heartlands.........

The Hardest Working Man (Boy) In Show Biz (4th Grade) .......

One Bad-A## (shut your mouth!) Baptist .........

And an example of what happens when the Immovable Object IS the Unstoppable Force.........

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=6716638