PDA

View Full Version : espn's mortensen at bronco camp

titan
08-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Should be an interesting report on espn later. Some of his tweets:

mortreport1:34pm via TweetDeck
Champ Bailey also had some very intriguing comments on Josh McDaniels....that'll be with espn.com report...gotta hit practice soon.

:27pm via TweetDeck
Very funny on-camera reaction from Champ and Dawk of Tebow's Friar Tuck cut...we'll show it on SportsCenter

mortreport1:26pm via TweetDeck
Saw Tebow w regular buzz cut; looks go like a regular 5 o-clock shadow on top...vets like Champ Bailey & Brian Dawkins really respect him

Tned
08-10-2010, 06:29 PM
His mike went dead in the middle of his report, so they just made a joke about being speechless and talked some in the studio about the Broncos. Kind of a rip.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-10-2010, 06:34 PM
http://www.1043thefan.com/channels/audioOnDemand/Story.aspx?ID=1263432

ESPN Analyst Chris Mortensen talks with Mike & Scott and gives his thoughts on the Denver Broncos

Good talk - I heard it live

Tned
08-10-2010, 06:41 PM
I also sent a Tweek to Mark Schlereth and asked if the late night NFL Live would have the part of Mort's report lost to the mic problem and he was kind enough to respond and say it would. I think that's 11:30 Central time for those that want to check it out.

Softskull
08-10-2010, 06:52 PM
His mike went dead in the middle of his report, so they just made a joke about being speechless and talked some in the studio about the Broncos. Kind of a rip.

The Greek came out and walked slowly with the mic to the sidelines. Although the mic hobbled off under its own power, it appears to be out for 4-6 weeks.

Tned
08-10-2010, 06:55 PM
The Greek came out and walked slowly with the mic to the sidelines. Although the mic hobbled off under its own power, it appears to be out for 4-6 weeks.

Not sure where you got that info, I just read that in the presser Josh was only willing to say the microphone had an upper extremity injury and there was no timetable for his return! :lol:

Italianmobstr7
08-10-2010, 08:24 PM
People saying the TV report by Mort is all about Tebow. He jut tweeted me and said he filed a report to espn.com about Broncos not focusing on Tebow and he'll alert me when it's up.

Jagsbch
08-10-2010, 08:29 PM
On The Road To Camp: Broncos (http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5453397)

Chris Mortensen stops at Broncos' camp to see how Tim Tebow is adjusting to the NFL

:salute:

titan
08-10-2010, 09:41 PM
Here's Mort's full report:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/columns/story?columnist=mortensen_chris&id=5453473

On The Road To Camp: Broncos
Chris Mortensen stops at Broncos' camp to see how Tim Tebow is adjusting to the NFL

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Champ Bailey has been around the Denver Broncos long enough to see stunning changes. Mike Shanahan, fired. Jay Cutler, traded. Brandon Marshall, traded.

Of those three events in the past two years, Bailey cites Shanahan's firing as the most shocking to him "because he had been here 14 years and won two Super Bowls. The other two guys [Cutler and Marshall] really hadn't done anything here."

It could be said that second-year coach Josh McDaniels hasn't done anything either, except go .500 in his first season, make headlines by kicking Cutler and Marshall out of town and stun some by drafting Tim Tebow in the first round.

It might surprise you that despite Denver blowing a 6-0 start in 2009 and suffering a slew of injuries in camp, the 34-year-old McDaniels has the two strongest believers a coach could want in the 32-year-old Bailey and 36-year-old safety Brian Dawkins.

"If we don't win with this guy … I mean, he's doing everything possible to get us ready," Bailey said. "I give this coach credit. I've learned so much from this guy and I'm in my 13th year. We know we are going to be a prepared football team the way he coaches us to be smart, tough, physical, and [McDaniels] knows everything about different game situations."

Dawkins loves that McDaniels has not allowed the distractions of trades and injuries to become an excuse in 2010. The Broncos have suffered a rash of injuries, including losing standout defensive end Elvis Dumervil (17 sacks in 2009) to a torn pectoral muscle.

"Other people talk about this rebuilding stuff, but Coach is talking about winning right now, and he is very, very passionate about winning right now," Dawkins said. "He is consistent with his message. It's team first, period. He is consistent with his preparation and what he expects of us. What you do in the meeting rooms, what you do in practice, what you do on and off the field will define what you're going to mean to this football team."

McDaniels rejected the moniker of "Bad News Broncos."

"It's not fitting, but I think it fits something we stress about adversity," McDaniels said. "OK, we have some adversity right in front of us. There's always going to be a time in your life or your surroundings that doesn't go the way you'd want. But just like in 2008 with the Patriots, Tom [Brady] went down 11 plays into the season, you have a choice. You can say, 'Well, it's over.' Or you can say, 'It's different, but we've got to win anyway.'

"Yeah, we've got eight players down [with injuries] right now, but we're getting five back today and with the exception of Elvis, we hope we'll have the rest back by the time we open the season. What we have to do better than last year is handle the highs and lows better, and this adversity we're experiencing right now is a way to build that culture of change."

More observations on the Broncos:

• Make no mistake, Kyle Orton is the starting quarterback and there has been nothing to suggest he won't remain the starter. "Kyle now knows this offense like the back of his hand," McDaniels said.

• Tebow has made a strong early impression on veteran players, including Dawkins. "Tim's a great guy. Very humble … very hard worker, always asking me questions that he's hoping can make him a better player."

• Wide receiver Demaryius Thomas, the Broncos' first No. 1 pick, has created a huge buzz with his 6-3, 229-pound frame. He did twist his foot making a great catch in Saturday's scrimmage -- the same one that kept him out of the scouting combine -- but the team insists the injury is minor.

• McDaniels and others had high praise for receiver Eddie Royal, who had a disappointing second season. He hooked up with Orton for some big plays during Tuesday's practice.

• Last year's first-round pick, 6-foot-3, 274-pound linebacker Robert Ayers, has played well in camp.

• The Broncos are optimistic Pro Bowl offensive tackle Ryan Clady (knee) will be ready for the season opener. He suffered the injury in an offseason basketball game.

• The Broncos expect running back Knowshon Moreno (hamstring) back for the opener. They recently signed LenDale White, who stunned Denver with how sharp he looked in practice last week.

broncobryce
08-10-2010, 09:45 PM
Lendale stunned Denver with how sharp he looked. Good but where the F is he?

underrated29
08-10-2010, 10:16 PM
I find it funny that a man as ROUND as lendale could ever be described as sharp.

Maybe its a ali type thing.

float like a manitee, cut like a sharp knife.