PDA

View Full Version : NFL Sunday Ticket Question

Tom Nalen
08-10-2010, 12:54 AM
Hi, I have a quick question about Sunday ticket to-go. I go to UCI and I finally am entering my third year and I finally am getting my own place..yipee haha no more dorms.
I have always wanted Sunday ticket, but I looked at their prices and it was just ridiculous.I saw direct tv's offer with the five months, but my friends and I do not want to sign a 24 month lease(As there is a lot of potential for circumstances to change.) I did see their Sunday Ticket to go package but did not realize that you have to be already signed up to the ticket.(Which I think 50 bucks is a ridiculous amount to pay).

Anyway, I am asking that if there is any way that one of you lucky Sunday ticket subscribers can sign up for the NFL to-go package, have me reimburse you, and give me access to the password? I know it is a lot to ask but last year was the worst with missing most of my beloved Broncos games. Most of the internet steams always ended at the worst times.:(

Anyways, please let me know if this could be done. Please PM me.

Thanks a bunch :)

FanInAZ
08-10-2010, 01:24 AM
I get NFL Sunday Ticket by going to a sports lounge that has it. Not only do I get to watch the game(s) that I want, but I get to socialize with other fans as well. Granted, I usually can't hear the commentary, but I find allot of the commentators to be annoying anyways. So I don't feel I'm missing anything worth while. The price, I think it was about $12 the last time I did this. That included 2 dozen wings, soda with free drink refills and about a 20%-25% tip. (My mom is a former waitress, she'd disown me if I ever skimped on my tips.)

OrangeHoof
08-10-2010, 02:11 AM
With the way the Broncos are dropping like flies, this may not be the best year to invest in Sunday Ticket. If I were a college student, the sports bar idea has another fringe benefits - cute waitresses to chat to when the games aren't going well.

Oh, and tip well. That's the secret to getting their attention.

dogfish
08-10-2010, 02:45 AM
With the way the Broncos are dropping like flies, this may not be the best year to invest in Sunday Ticket. If I were a college student, the sports bar idea has another fringe benefits - cute waitresses to chat to when the games aren't going well.

Oh, and tip well. That's the secret to getting their attention.

that's what they want you to think!

it's actually the secret to getting their. . . .

new shoes for them. . . :eviltongue:

DenBronx
08-10-2010, 03:26 AM
I just called to complain about the $49 per month and got the ticket lowered down to $29 per month. Also they offered free HD for 2 years. Saved me $360 by just picking up the phone!

I have had it for the last 7 years or so and think it's great especially if you like watching 8 games at once. Besides, you can DVR the games and rewatch them all you want and actually HEAR the game.

Overtime
08-10-2010, 09:02 AM
tell them you'lll go to a bar if they won't lower it for you. i got mine last year for like $150. just gotta play hardball with them

Denver Native (Carol)
08-10-2010, 09:50 AM
Have you checked with Comcast to see what you can get there? For first time subscribers, they offer "specials".

Tom Nalen
08-10-2010, 10:07 AM
I have checked with Comcast. It looks like we will be going with them because they are gunna give us no contract and direct tv wont budge with their 24 month agreement.

DenBronx, they give discounts like that for those who have had the the ticket for years. Not for a poor sould like me who has never had it haha. And for the new subscribers price is 73.99 a month :O for 5 months.

The problem with the sports bar is......there are none around Irvine -_-. There's a place called phillys best but they only play the Eagles games

Is there anybody with the ticket willing to add 49.95 nfl to go package and give me the password after I reimburse you? Ill even pay $65 as an incentive.

jrelway
08-10-2010, 10:20 AM
very well worth it, especially if you dont live in the denver area. if you out and about, you can even watch games on your laptop and your smartphone.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-10-2010, 10:28 AM
I have checked with Comcast. It looks like we will be going with them because they are gunna give us no contract and direct tv wont budge with their 24 month agreement.

DenBronx, they give discounts like that for those who have had the the ticket for years. Not for a poor sould like me who has never had it haha. And for the new subscribers price is 73.99 a month :O for 5 months.

The problem with the sports bar is......there are none around Irvine -_-. There's a place called phillys best but they only play the Eagles games

Is there anybody with the ticket willing to add 49.95 nfl to go package and give me the password after I reimburse you? Ill even pay $65 as an incentive.

If you get Comcast hooked up before Sunday, Nomad posted in another thread that the Broncos game will be on NFL Network live.

Tned
08-10-2010, 10:31 AM
Have you checked with Comcast to see what you can get there? For first time subscribers, they offer "specials".

I thought DirecTV was the only company to offer NFL Sunday Ticket. I didn't think any cable companies had it. Maybe that changed and I didn't realize it.

Tom Nalen
08-10-2010, 10:33 AM
I cant get it before Sunday. My move in is September 1st.For the Pre-season, I think I will look for Broncos links like last year.;)

Ok guys off to class. Please still PM me or post in this if interested in my "offer" Thanks guys for the help :beer::salute:

BigDaddyBronco
08-10-2010, 10:33 AM
I just called to complain about the $49 per month and got the ticket lowered down to $29 per month. Also they offered free HD for 2 years. Saved me $360 by just picking up the phone!

I have had it for the last 7 years or so and think it's great especially if you like watching 8 games at once. Besides, you can DVR the games and rewatch them all you want and actually HEAR the game.
That sounds like a good plan. I just had it automatically renew this year and I just moved to somewhere where they show all the Broncos games on regular TV. I should use that as leverage.

Tom Nalen
08-10-2010, 10:34 AM
I thought DirecTV was the only company to offer NFL Sunday Ticket. I didn't think any cable companies had it. Maybe that changed and I didn't realize it.

You are right TNed. Comcast only offers NFL Network, they don't even offer the Redzone channel. Oh well

Denver Native (Carol)
08-10-2010, 10:39 AM

I don't know anything about Sunday Ticket. I have Comcast, and pay an extra $4.95/mo for their Sports Entertainment Tier, which has NFL Network, NFL Redzone, plus NBA tv, NHL Network, and other things including different college choices.

Mike
08-10-2010, 11:01 AM
You know the times are rough when Tom Nalen can't afford NFL Sunday Ticket.

BORDERLINE
08-10-2010, 12:34 PM
tell them you'lll go to a bar if they won't lower it for you. i got mine last year for like $150. just gotta play hardball with them

That's just the basic sunday ticket tough right???? it's another 100 bucks for the superfan package that has all the games in HD..last year i did not renew my subscription and DTV called me offering $25 a month for five months...but after week one to my surprise the games stoped being in HD. Which made me pist and i had to get the superfan pakage. Still 200+ to just watch one game is expensive...i'm streaming the games for this season:tsk: and it sucks they only have one NTL game this year

Tned
08-10-2010, 12:50 PM
That's just the basic sunday ticket tough right???? it's another 100 bucks for the superfan package that has all the games in HD..last year i did not renew my subscription and DTV called me offering $25 a month for five months...but after week one to my surprise the games stoped being in HD. Which made me pist and i had to get the superfan pakage. Still 200+ to just watch one game is expensive...i'm streaming the games for this season:tsk: and it sucks they only have one NTL game this year

They eliminated Superfan this year. Increased the cost, but eliminated needing SF for HD. So, everyone with Sunday Ticket gets HD this year and Redzone. The only "upcharge" this year is if you want to be able to watch games streamed on your phone or via the internet, and they are charging $10 a month for 5 (or 6) months for the Sunday Ticket to go service.

It's relatively easy to get them down from the $50 a month to $30 a month on the Sunday Ticket. Beyond that, you have to work.

GEM
08-10-2010, 01:03 PM
You'd be dumbfounded to see what bars pay for the package. It goes off the number of occupants allowed by fire code. I know one of our bars is 49 people on the first floor and the charge is like $2500/yr. Bar business is in the can right now, so to try to make enough money to cover that and break a profit is a joke. You can't drop it though because if you do, you're not keeping up with the bar down the street.

Nomad
08-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Reading more about it, both sides are being greedy (NFL and cable) but cable was being a little more. So when the bidding came, Directv outbid cable for the exclusive rights to the NFLST. I wouldn't mind paying $250 plus $50 for the ST/ST on the computer because my wife likes cable now, but that's not how it works, you have to have the dish, ST and then they'll subscribe you ST On-the-Go! ST is cheaper than flying out to games and paying for season tickets! I miss it!

Supposedly Canada offers it through their cable companies!!

slim
08-10-2010, 01:35 PM
You know the times are rough when Tom Nalen can't afford NFL Sunday Ticket.

I am surprised he is just now getting his own place. Mom must be a good cook.

Also, I don't see how going to a sports bar 16 times is cheaper than buying the ticket. There is no way that is possible.

claymore
08-10-2010, 01:36 PM

Also, I don't see how going to a sports bar 16 times is cheaper than buying the ticket. There is no way that is possible.

Its not. I tried that mess last year. I spent damn near a $100 bucks every Bronco game.

BORDERLINE
08-10-2010, 01:38 PM
They eliminated Superfan this year. Increased the cost, but eliminated needing SF for HD. So, everyone with Sunday Ticket gets HD this year and Redzone. The only "upcharge" this year is if you want to be able to watch games streamed on your phone or via the internet, and they are charging $10 a month for 5 (or 6) months for the Sunday Ticket to go service.

It's relatively easy to get them down from the $50 a month to $30 a month on the Sunday Ticket. Beyond that, you have to work.

WOW...*picks up phone*...getting sunday ticket is like trying to buy a used car...if i can get it down too $125 , i'm pulling the trigger. *fingers crossed*:call2:

slim
08-10-2010, 01:39 PM
Its not. I tried that mess last year. I spent damn near a $100 bucks every Bronco game.

I know. My wife wanted to cancel the ticket this year. I asked her if she really wanted me to go the bar every Sunday. She has decided the price of the ticket is reasonable afterall :D

OrangeHoof
08-10-2010, 02:51 PM
You'd be dumbfounded to see what bars pay for the package. It goes off the number of occupants allowed by fire code. I know one of our bars is 49 people on the first floor and the charge is like $2500/yr. Bar business is in the can right now, so to try to make enough money to cover that and break a profit is a joke. You can't drop it though because if you do, you're not keeping up with the bar down the street.

That's almost Direct TV's entire business model. NFL programming is a money loser when you factor rights fees into it but they can't afford to drop it or half their subscribers will disappear. Same with a lot of bars. The sports packages are pricey but if they stop showing them, their business dries up even further.

OrangeHoof
08-10-2010, 03:01 PM

It works because the Broncos have a certain number of prime time/full-coverage games each year where it can be seen locally. Here in Texas, I can watch the Broncos typically 6-8 times a year on regular tv (SNF, MNF, NFL network, doubleheader games). On those weeks, I'm watching the Broncos for the regular price of cable while you're paying el primo for Sunday Ticket.

If the point is just to watch the Broncos, a sports bar is a fine alternative, particularly if you can adapt to no sound. Just don't splurge much on food or drinks.

Tned
08-10-2010, 03:04 PM
WOW...*picks up phone*...getting sunday ticket is like trying to buy a used car...if i can get it down too $125 , i'm pulling the trigger. *fingers crossed*:call2:

$150 I think is the normal ($29.95 x 5 months) deal you can get with minimal work. If you are also currently paying the $10 a month for HD from DirecTV, you need to ask for that for free, since they are now giving it to new customers for free. They will give you a $10 a month discount for 24 months (to offset the HD fee), but will require you to give them a credit card for direct billing to get the HD for free deal.

I have heard of some people getting Sunday Ticket as low as $19.95 a month, but only a couple examples. You probably have to get real lucky wiht the CSR that answers or work real hard and get transfered to the retention department (deals with people that want to cancel).

Tned
08-10-2010, 03:05 PM
I know. My wife wanted to cancel the ticket this year. I asked her if she really wanted me to go the bar every Sunday. She has decided the price of the ticket is reasonable afterall :D

At least you have the bar option. I have to travel nearly two hours for the closest sports bar!!!

Denver Native (Carol)
08-10-2010, 03:10 PM
A few nights ago Gloria Neal was talking on cbs4 in regards to negotiating with tv providers, credit card companies, etc., and she said to skip customer service and ask for customer retention.

For Direct tv, guess the following is their latest offer:

http://www.directstartv.com/?gclid=CKCNyvXbr6MCFQUUswodWF-L5A

Timmy!
08-10-2010, 03:12 PM

Little inside info, Directv is pushing hard with Sunday ticket this year, and their agreement with the NFL expires very soon and they want to show the NFL that it's in their best interest to give Directv the exclusive rights again. Sunday ticket is way expensive, because the NFL charges Directv an arm and a leg to be the exclusive carrier. Directv actually LOSES money on Sunday ticket, BUT more than make up for it because of all the people that get Directv just for Sunday ticket and become loyal customers, or even if they hate it have to stay for 2 years. I will just say there are some discounts out there if you say the right things. Just don't be an ass on the phone, please.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-10-2010, 03:16 PM
Question - what does direct tv offer, besides NFL Sunday Ticket for the price they charge, when I get Sports Entertainment Tier thru Comcast for $4.95/mo, which includes NFL Network, FSC, Fox Soccer Channel, Speed Channel, Big Ten Network, CBS College Sports Network, Fox College Atlantic, Fox College Central, Fox College Pacific, NBA TV, NHL Network, MLB, MTN, and NFL Redzone.

Timmy!
08-10-2010, 03:19 PM
A few nights ago Gloria Neal was talking on cbs4 in regards to negotiating with tv providers, credit card companies, etc., and she said to skip customer service and ask for customer retention.

For Direct tv, guess the following is their latest offer:

http://www.directstartv.com/?gclid=CKCNyvXbr6MCFQUUswodWF-L5A

For the love of god people, do NOT do this. It's like Oprah telling everybody to ask for a supervisor. Reps in other departments can offer almost anything retention, or a supervisor can. You actually take money out of peoples pockets (they are "scored down" for many metrics such as xfers to retention or sup escalations) by doing this. At least give them a chance to help you 1st. If you don't get what you feel you want, then ask for the xfer.

Nomad
08-10-2010, 03:23 PM
Question - what does direct tv offer, besides NFL Sunday Ticket for the price they charge, when I get Sports Entertainment Tier thru Comcast for $4.95/mo, which includes NFL Network, FSC, Fox Soccer Channel, Speed Channel, Big Ten Network, CBS College Sports Network, Fox College Atlantic, Fox College Central, Fox College Pacific, NBA TV, NHL Network, MLB, MTN, and NFL Redzone.

Only good Directv was to me was 16 times a year!! Other than that, they don't offer local channels here and with them taking away Versus, there goes Pac 10 and MWC football on Sat nights. We canceled last year (due to a moving to a new home, a tree and a stubborn wife:D) but most of the games are shown here in western half of NODAK. I may change my tune next year when we're in Alaska:D

Timmy!
08-10-2010, 03:27 PM

Carol, I used to work for Comcast when I was in Colorado. I hold Comcast in fairly high regard and one of my best friends is a supervisor there. When you break it all down, after promotions end, the prices are very close, as are packages. Comcast charges the extra $5 a month for those channels that are included in a base Directv package.

In all honesty, it breaks down like this. For TV alone, I'll take Directv. Better exclusives, better products, better tech. If your bundling Comcast is great, cable internet is way better than any DSL, and the VOIP phone package is the cheapest home phone out there with long distance included.

Now we all know Comcast is a Broncos sponsor so let's not be biased ;) :laugh:

Tned
08-10-2010, 03:31 PM
Little inside info, Directv is pushing hard with Sunday ticket this year, and their agreement with the NFL expires very soon and they want to show the NFL that it's in their best interest to give Directv the exclusive rights again. Sunday ticket is way expensive, because the NFL charges Directv an arm and a leg to be the exclusive carrier. Directv actually LOSES money on Sunday ticket, BUT more than make up for it because of all the people that get Directv just for Sunday ticket and become loyal customers, or even if they hate it have to stay for 2 years. I will just say there are some discounts out there if you say the right things. Just don't be an ass on the phone, please.

DirecTV and the NFL just signed an extension last year that made it a DirecTV exclusive through 2014 or so.

Tned
08-10-2010, 03:34 PM
For the love of god people, do NOT do this. It's like Oprah telling everybody to ask for a supervisor. Reps in other departments can offer almost anything retention, or a supervisor can. You actually take money out of peoples pockets (they are "scored down" for many metrics such as xfers to retention or sup escalations) by doing this. At least give them a chance to help you 1st. If you don't get what you feel you want, then ask for the xfer.

I always give the first CSR a chance and am always very polite, telling them what I know others have gotten, and thanking them for checking to see what they can do. If I get in the ball park, I don't even mess with a supervisor or retention. If not, I'll try back with another CSR or ask to speak to a supervisor or retention.

If I speak to a supervisor, I will make it very clear that _____ was very polite and I had no problem with anything, but I feel as a long time customer that I should get as good a deal as anyone else is being given by DirecTV.

Tned
08-10-2010, 03:37 PM

If you live in the Denver area, there is probably little advantage to getting DirecTV, besides possibly more HD channels (not sure what Comcast there has) and possibly better DVR's (again, don't know about their equipment).

If you leave in the boonies like I do, then cable simply can't compete with DirecTV or Dish in terms of the amount of HD programming and don't offer many of the channels that DirecTV has (HD or SD).

However, for me it comes down to one thing, I will follow NFL Sunday Ticket. As long as only one provider has Sunday Ticket, and as long as it remains the only way to watch Broncos games, I will move to Dish if they got an exclusive, or to cable if it became cable only programming. It is my one requirement.

If I lived in Denver where the games would be on local networks, then it's much easier to comparison shop.

claymore
08-10-2010, 03:38 PM
Only good Directv was to me was 16 times a year!! Other than that, they don't offer local channels here and with them taking away Versus, there goes Pac 10 and MWC football on Sat nights. We canceled last year (due to a moving to a new home, a tree and a stubborn wife:D) but most of the games are shown here in western half of NODAK. I may change my tune next year when we're in Alaska:D

You can put your DTV in vacation mode. You have to have it on for 5 months, but you can shut it down the rest of the year.

I dont get many of the games. Even if I only go to the bar to watch a few games it ends up paying for itself.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-10-2010, 03:41 PM
The best way to get the ticket is to wait for some sucker... (I mean, dear friend of course) to break down and pay for it, then just invade his house every Sunday. It's also very easy when that "dear friend" of yours doesn't have a lot of other friends so he's just happy to have the company over to watch the games with him so he doesn't have to watch them by himself.

That's my plan this year. I rule. :whoo::werd:

Nomad
08-10-2010, 03:42 PM
You can put your DTV in vacation mode. You have to have it on for 5 months, but you can shut it down the rest of the year.

Yeah, we've done that everytime we've PCS'd!! It's a battle when you have a wife who could give two shits about the NFL and see's a $300 + price tag added on to the TV bill!!

Nomad
08-10-2010, 03:43 PM
The best way to get the ticket is to wait for some sucker... (I mean, dear friend of course) to break down and pay for it, then just invade his house every Sunday. It's also very easy when that "dear friend" of yours doesn't have a lot of other friends so he's just happy to have the company over to watch the games with him so he doesn't have to watch them by himself.

I need to find someone like this! I'd supply all the beer and food each game!!

claymore
08-10-2010, 03:43 PM
Yeah, we've done that everytime we've PCS'd!! It's a battle when you have a wife who could give two shits about the NFL and see's a $300 + price tag added on to the TV bill!!

Come home really drunk from the bar a few times. She wont complain any more!

dogfish
08-10-2010, 04:00 PM

that is a pretty sweet plan. . . however, i'm going to say it's not "the best". . . the BEST is if you can get some else to pay for it, and give you their code so you can get it on the super cheap-- tom nalen's got it all figured out. . .

hey tom, if it doesn't work out and you have to pony up for the full amount, please come back here and let us know-- i'd like to tag along for cheap. . . . :heh:

Tom Nalen
08-10-2010, 04:08 PM
yeah DIrect Tv has some nice Tv features, but it doesn't offer internet or a phone line that we will need. But it does have Sunday ticket!

So back to my original question: Is there anybody willing that just has Sunday ticket to sign up for the to go package and give me access to it after I reimburse you? All the help is appreciated.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-10-2010, 04:11 PM
Do they have a way of tracking the code - i.e. 2 different people using the same code trying to get in to watch the Broncos game on the same day, same time, or does everyone have the same code?

Tned
08-10-2010, 04:16 PM
Do they have a way of tracking the code - i.e. 2 different people using the same code trying to get in to watch the Broncos game on the same day, same time, or does everyone have the same code?

They just don't allow two logins at the same time. It's meant for people that travel, so they would epect the logins to come from different IPs and regions.

Tom Nalen
08-10-2010, 04:24 PM
They just don't allow two logins at the same time. It's meant for people that travel, so they would epect the logins to come from different IPs and regions.

yup, I am pretty sure that is how it works. So I am looking for someone who has no need for the To-go package.

Slick
08-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Subscribing for later reading. Throw tomato cans at me if youŽd like.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-10-2010, 07:07 PM
Subscribing for later reading. Throw tomato cans at me if youŽd like.

me -> :throwrock: <-you (tomato can). ;)

BroncoJoe
08-10-2010, 07:34 PM
DirecTV pays the NFL nearly a billion dollars for exclusive rights.

That's a BILLION dollars, folks.

That revenue has to be made up somewhere. You'll eventually get screwed going with Direct. Do a google search of DirecTV Attorney General.

PS - I've always thought the NFL was stupid granting exlcusive rights to any one provider. They'd make a helluva lot more if they allowed all providers to carry Sunday Ticket.

Tned
08-10-2010, 07:59 PM

That revenue has to be made up somewhere. You'll eventually get screwed going with Direct. Do a google search of DirecTV Attorney General.

PS - I've always thought the NFL was stupid granting exlcusive rights to any one provider. They'd make a helluva lot more if they allowed all providers to carry Sunday Ticket.

Whether being screwed is good or bad is a relative thing (won't go into more details, since this isn't the lounge).

As I mentioned in an earlier post, living in the sticks, DirecTV offers me far more than the local cable provider. Beyond that, it insures I see 20 Broncos games, vs. the 3-8 games I would see on cable.

Even without dinner and a movie, I'll take what DirecTV is giving me.

Tom Nalen
08-10-2010, 10:22 PM
I normally do not do this, but I really really want this to happen. I don't think I can muster another year of not watching the Broncos.

So again, Is anyone willing to sign up for the to go package and have me reimburse them with $ 70 instead of the 50 they charge? Thanks again.

FanInAZ
08-10-2010, 10:46 PM
I've always thought the NFL was stupid granting exlcusive rights to any one provider. They'd make a helluva lot more if they allowed all providers to carry Sunday Ticket.

It also means that I can never order Sunday Ticket as long as I live in this apartment. The lease expressly forbid anyone mounting any satellite dish to the exterior wall of the buildings. Therefore, I'd have to to the "mount in a bucket" technique. The problem is, my back patio is insecure so it would be impossible for me to protect it from criminal mischief.

If I need to have an unobstructed view of the southern sky, then I'd have to run a cable out my livingroom window - across the sidewalk - and position it in a small grass area that my neighbor's kids often times play with their friends in. I know all of the kids are a bunch of "sweet and innocent little angles," but there is the possibility that one of them might "accidentally" knock it over.

Come to think of it, my manager might have simple said that satellites are not allowed period. I didn't bother to clarify the point because I knew I couldn't afford it anyways. In any case, I have 2 options for TV: cable or antenna.

camdisco24
08-10-2010, 10:50 PM
Is now a bad time to brag that right below my dorm this year is a sports grille with 30 TV's, a leather reclining seat lounge, and NFL sunday ticket?? :D Didn'y miss a single game last year...

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs240.snc1/8720_141591269844_568429844_2599501_8059918_n.jpg

But seriously dude, I know your pain with missing Broncos games... I was in your shoes before our sports grille opened up. I hope you can find someone to help you out!!!!!! :cool:

Tned
08-10-2010, 11:00 PM
Is now a bad time to brag that right below my dorm this year is a sports grille with 30 TV's, a leather reclining seat lounge, and NFL sunday ticket?? :D Didn'y miss a single game last year...

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs240.snc1/8720_141591269844_568429844_2599501_8059918_n.jpg

But seriously dude, I know your pain with missing Broncos games... I was in your shoes before our sports grille opened up. I hope you can find someone to help you out!!!!!! :cool:

I don't mean to brag, but that center screen looks like about the size of the one in my living room. Gotta love front projection setups!! ;)

camdisco24
08-10-2010, 11:17 PM
I don't mean to brag, but that center screen looks like about the size of the one in my living room. Gotta love front projection setups!! ;)

I envy you! Would love to have a set up like that in my own house, they actually show HD better than I would have expected.

Tned
08-10-2010, 11:18 PM

Ok, the bar might be a 'little' bigger, but here's my Sunday ticket setup:

http://www.cherokeeflyer.com/images/PTVShots001.jpg

The little mut is about 15" tall in the lower right (That's my Bronco poodle of avvy fame). The screen is roughly 9 feet wide by 5 feet tall. It's kind of washed out here as I used the flash to light things up.

Tned
08-10-2010, 11:24 PM
I envy you! Would love to have a set up like that in my own house, they actually show HD better than I would have expected.

Pics don't do it justice, but the image is awesome. The only downside is light control. Can't have a window open or all the lights on in the room and expect to have a nice picture. However, if you have light control, great picture and you just can't beat the screen size.

I have a 50" Samsung RPTV and the 118" Infocus, both of them are 720p, and the 118" is a better picture. Not sure if it's the screen material or video processor. Eventually, I'll upgrade to 1080p, but short of a side by side comparison (which I have done), it's pretty hard to see a real world difference.

dogfish
08-11-2010, 12:03 AM
I normally do not do this, but I really really want this to happen. I don't think I can muster another year of not watching the Broncos.

So again, Is anyone willing to sign up for the to go package and have me reimburse them with $ 70 instead of the 50 they charge? Thanks again.

just out of curiousity. . . if you want it this badly (understandable), have you considered asking someone you know to split it with you? you might have better luck than trying to get someone from a group of strangers to essentially let you use their paid subscription for free. . . just sayin'. . . ;)

Tned
08-11-2010, 12:13 AM
just out of curiousity. . . if you want it this badly (understandable), have you considered asking someone you know to split it with you? you might have better luck than trying to get someone from a group of strangers to essentially let you use their paid subscription for free. . . just sayin'. . . ;)

Not to mention that unless they changed things, the login ID to access the NFLST online streams is the same login ID to manager your DirecTV account. People might be a little apprehensive to share that.

dogfish
08-11-2010, 12:18 AM
Not to mention that unless they changed things, the login ID to access the NFLST online streams is the same login ID to manager your DirecTV account. People might be a little apprehensive to share that.

with some random person on the interwebs?

i'm thinking yes. . .

tomjonesrocks
08-11-2010, 12:32 AM
As others mentioned, the Ticket can be easily had for $180 or less.

I was so disgusted with the franchise last season I passed on the Ticket for the first time in 6 years but everyone I knew that had it paid $150.

Am not the least bit optimistic about this season Broncos-wise but am a big FF nerd and living in Chargers country my network games are ultra-annoying. I could NOT figure out last year any reliably way to watch the games I wanted to see so I'm back on board with the ticket this year.

Love the sports bar--but I always spend a ton of cash there and therefore it winds up being more than the Ticket.

Tom Nalen
08-11-2010, 01:01 AM

ahhh ok now I understand why everyone is apprehensive. I thought i twas just a random log in you create.

Eh I have tried lol...I am in Irvine and everyone down here is a Chargers fan :drinking::banghead: . They already get it because theoretically we get LA local channels and San Diego local channels. I am gunna keep calling direct tv and see what I can do about that 24 month contract. That is the only thing holding me back from actually getting the ticket itself. 24 month contracts should be illegal. I might even just pony up and not buy a calculus book or two and get the ticket instead :listen::salute:

Overtime
08-11-2010, 03:09 AM

no superfan this year, thankfully.

x2

i get 185 channels for $67.99 a month, plus I pay for my NFL Sunday Ticket. I also get a channel that allows me to watch certain tv shows before they are released to the general public (Dexter, Friday Night Lights, etc) on a private channel. I get the HD channels for an extra $9.99 per month, and I also have 4 receivers, 2 of them DVR's. I get a credit for one of the DVR's so I don't pay for it. My total monthly bill with tax is $101.67.

DirecTV by far blows Com-craptastic out of the water in terms of pricing and channel availability. Same amount of channels + HD and 4 boxes with Comcast would run me $145 + tax.

Comcast is a joke and their shit is way too expensive.

I agree on the NFL being stupid for granting it only to DirecTV. it should be available to all cable and satellite companies.

but I have to differ on the being screwed for going with DirecTV. I've been a happy customer for 4 years now and I have ZERO complaints with my programming package, what I pay and what channels/features are available to me.

My only gripe is when it starts pouring down rain, the damn signal loses, but it only usually lasts a few minutes around here so big deal.

for the money, they are the best provider to go with, because they are way cheaper than everyone else.

Nomad
08-11-2010, 07:17 AM
It also means that I can never order Sunday Ticket as long as I live in this apartment. The lease expressly forbid anyone mounting any satellite dish to the exterior wall of the buildings. Therefore, I'd have to to the "mount in a bucket" technique. The problem is, my back patio is insecure so it would be impossible for me to protect it from criminal mischief.

If I need to have an unobstructed view of the southern sky, then I'd have to run a cable out my livingroom window - across the sidewalk - and position it in a small grass area that my neighbor's kids often times play with their friends in. I know all of the kids are a bunch of "sweet and innocent little angles," but there is the possibility that one of them might "accidentally" knock it over.

Come to think of it, my manager might have simple said that satellites are not allowed period. I didn't bother to clarify the point because I knew I couldn't afford it anyways. In any case, I have 2 options for TV: cable or antenna.

Here ya go FIAZ!! According to this you qualify for the ST online!! Call DTV now!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/06/directv-to-beef-up-online-offers-of-sunday-ticket/

FanInAZ
08-11-2010, 07:29 AM
Here ya go FIAZ!! According to this you qualify for the ST online!! Call DTV now!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/06/directv-to-beef-up-online-offers-of-sunday-ticket/

You should read the responses to this article that you sent me to.

23 Responses to "More customers will be able to get online Sunday Ticket"
SeriousRadio says:
August 6, 2010 4:54 PM
DirecTV is one of the worst companies to do business with. They will cheat you whenever they get a chance. Just read their poor reviews on the internet. It's better to get the Sunday Ticket without any other contract from them. I do not understand how Congress allows them to be the only company offering this service. The price would be much cheaper if Dish and cable offered Sunday Ticket as well.

GBfanForever says:
August 6, 2010 4:59 PM
Good lord everything NFL related is expensive. Even Lions tickets cost over $100 for all but the nose bleediest seats.

onemilemore says:
August 6, 2010 5:03 PM
How much more money would DirecTV make if they allowed you to pick one team for your Sunday Ticket? For example, I live in California, but I wanna watch the Saints. I can't afford the whole package, but if they offered a single team package for cheaper, I'd be in. I'd be willing to bet there are plenty of other people like me...

ClayMath52 says:
August 6, 2010 5:08 PM
If I lie and tell them my town home doesn't allow a dish can I get the ticket???

Caldon says:
August 6, 2010 5:28 PM
Lets be real, for football fans it may be one of the only reasons they have directv. They have little loyalty to existing members, evidenced by recent deals for example where they gave free HD for life to new members and a lot of pressure had to be put on them to even offer a year or two to existing customers and that was only if you knew enough to ask.

The ONLY thing that has kept me from playing the field so to speak with the competition is the Sunday ticket, otherwise I would have no issue with switching providers every 4 or 5 years for the best deals out there (every 2 years, a normal contract length would be to much hassle to keep changing equipment for me).

toddm6d says:
August 6, 2010 5:33 PM
MLB.tv costs under $100 for the entire season. I can watch it on my TV through the PS3 or on my iPad if I've mobile. That's reasonable.

Directv wants $350? No way.

I just got out of my Directv contract after having to deal with their horrid customer service for two months over their inability to get me a stable signal. Never again will I give that comapny a single cent.

sixburghrules says:
August 6, 2010 5:53 PM
I get the Sunday ticket and when I got my bill this month there was a charge for $9.95 for Mobile-to-go. When I called them to cancel it I was told that they had a special offer if I kept it they would give it to me for free AND knock $10/month off my Sunday ticket.

Thieving ********! How many $9.95's will they get because people don't look at their bill.

DoomsDayD75 says:
August 6, 2010 5:54 PM
DTV better send me unlimited beer and wings every sunday for $350 bucks. I'm glad they are offering Sunday Ticket to non subscribers but I'll happily spend that money at my local bar.

SaintsBucsPanthersSUKK says:
August 6, 2010 5:56 PM
AHhhh... memories. I was one of the earlier subscribers to DirecTV back in 1997, required to purchase the dish/receiver box ($499.99 + tax), purchase the second room receiver box ($249.99), installation (at least $100, can't quite remember but wasn't free), and STILL have to sign up for a one year programming lease (promotional monthly Total Choice package without local broadcast stations like CBS, NBC, UPN, etc. $19.99 a month) and the Dan Reeves inaugural season for Atlanta Sunday Ticket for about $199. RIP Circuit City, only used the extended warranty for the bedroom box once.

Anyone balking about price for the football games you love is a pitiful whiner, not matter how expensive it's perceived to be.

TampaJoey says:
August 6, 2010 5:56 PM
Let me do you guys a favor.

Want to watch all the NFL games or even Pay-per-view boxing and MMA online for FREE?

Go to this forum and select the sports category of the game you want to watch. They post all the links each day for all the live streaming video of games/fights and it's totally free.

I've watched all the pay-per-view UFC MMA online live for free for years. Pretty decent quality.

I have verizon fios and they don't have NFL Ticket or I'd buy it. I buy NBA League Pass every year, so I don't have a problem spending the money, but NFL Ticket isn't an option verizon so I'll just watch it for free online.

grandavenue says:
August 6, 2010 6:05 PM
I wish the government would end this monopoly.

prophet of the light says:
August 6, 2010 6:14 PM
350 to watch the game live

or

50 to watch the game the next day...

OJ SIMPSON says:
August 6, 2010 6:16 PM
@ Onemilemore

If you're in Cali rooting for the Saints, I'd say get off that Who Dat bandwaggon

OJ SIMPSON says:
August 6, 2010 6:19 PM
atdhe.net has every game. and it's free

ozu says:
August 6, 2010 6:24 PM
Does the online version allow you to open up multiple games on multiple computers? If so, it may be worth the $350 to me.

sevenwords says:
August 6, 2010 6:58 PM
Wake me up when DirectTV gets around to allowing me to buy JUST my team's games. I have no desire to watch every other team's games, nor the crazy amount of money they charge for Sunday Ticket. But that will never happen because people actually pay for it. DirectTV would have a TON more customers if they just allowed customer's to purchase their favorite teams' games only.

sixburghrules says:
August 6, 2010 7:19 PM
$300 is not too bad! I will drop an easy $40 if I went out every week my team wasn't on (which isn't that often because they are the Steelers) But I can watch any of the other games as well

EnforcerSU says:
August 6, 2010 7:22 PM
Yeah, if I can stream this to PS3, even if it is through PS3mediacenter, and I can watch multiple games at the same time...I might consider buying.

I will definitely call, since I was a long time DirecTV customer before I had to move to my apartment to see if I can get a discount on the price.

trickbunny says:
August 6, 2010 7:27 PM
OJ SIMPSON says:
August 6, 2010 6:19 PM

atdhe.net has every game. and it's free.
-------------------- -------------------- ---------

I suspect that you and TampaJoey are talking about the same thing.

The problem with ADTHE.net is that it's just links to people's UStream and Justin.TV channels- which the greedy-ass NFL seems to clamp down quicker and quicker on each season.

When I first used these channels 2 or 3 seasons ago, you could pretty easily get through a whole game. The next year, it seems like the channels would be found and snuffed by sometime in the late 3rd or early 4th qtr. Last year, I'd start watching a game and it would often get cut off before the 1st qtr was even over.

So, in short, it still isn't exactly easy to just find the game on the 'net and just watch it, no problem. The thing to do is to compile yourself a nice list of all the different sites out there that are like ADTHE or myp2p, etc. and have some back-up streams ready to switch to once the NFL shuts the one you're watching down.

Greg says:
August 6, 2010 7:32 PM
I had Sunday Ticket to go last year on my computer through a friends account. It was great. I was able to watch every game I wanted on my TV with a HDMI cable connected to my computer. I cannot wait for this season. Im already signed up!!!

KapitanAmur says:
August 6, 2010 8:05 PM
I had it last year and the the streaming video was absolutely horrible when compared to what I get from MLB. Basically unwatchable.

Imo it is completely not worth the money unless they make huge improvements this year.

Nitro says:
August 6, 2010 9:11 PM
apartments that don't allow dishes
---------
thats completely illegal! fcc.gov/mb/facts/ota rd.html

edgy says:
August 6, 2010 11:51 PM
Guys, you're never going to get ala carte, be it regular programming or The Sunday Ticket. People blame the companies but it's the provider that's the reason. ESPN pushed ESPN for a cheaper price if you added ESPN2, Classic, etc. They could have gotten more by selling them individually and pricing ESPN more than the package but it gets more eyes on their programming (as did others like CNN/HLN).

The NFL won't break up the packages because it would mean losing money unless they charged you for the teams by popularity and you may not think that your team is worth it.

frauschieze
08-11-2010, 08:29 AM
TIMMY! I want online Sunday Ticket for $150. I qualify as I can't get a dish in the apt I live in. Make it happen.

TIA

:D

Timmy!
08-11-2010, 03:43 PM
TIMMY! I want online Sunday Ticket for $150. I qualify as I can't get a dish in the apt I live in. Make it happen.

TIA

:D

lmao!

Get this Cheesy, I get Directv for free, which includes sunday ticket and every friggin channel known to man and all the sports packs (mlb extra innings, nhl center ice, etc), BUT, I can't mount a dish at my apartment either...sooo, I'm stuck paying Bresnan instead of getting around $2500 worth of free shit every year. It's like somebody peeing in my cornflakes on a daily basis.

frauschieze
08-11-2010, 03:58 PM
lmao!

Get this Cheesy, I get Directv for free, which includes sunday ticket and every friggin channel known to man and all the sports packs (mlb extra innings, nhl center ice, etc), BUT, I can't mount a dish at my apartment either...sooo, I'm stuck paying Bresnan instead of getting around $2500 worth of free shit every year. It's like somebody peeing in my cornflakes on a daily basis.

So....you're getting the online stuff for free, right? :D

Buff
08-11-2010, 04:01 PM
lmao!

I would move. That's like the main perk of your job and you don't even get to enjoy it. **** that.

Timmy!
08-11-2010, 04:34 PM
I would move. That's like the main perk of your job and you don't even get to enjoy it. **** that.

Can't move. Locked into a 1 year lease. It's the only thing about my place I don't like.

Timmy!
08-11-2010, 04:34 PM
So....you're getting the online stuff for free, right? :D

Well I would, but I'd have to have an account to get it, no account, no online stuff.

frauschieze
08-11-2010, 06:05 PM
Well I would, but I'd have to have an account to get it, no account, no online stuff.

So get an account.

OrangeHoof
08-11-2010, 07:47 PM
So get an account.

There ya go again...making things sooo complicated! :laugh:

Lonestar
08-11-2010, 08:17 PM
As others mentioned, the Ticket can be easily had for $180 or less.

I was so disgusted with the franchise last season I passed on the Ticket for the first time in 6 years but everyone I knew that had it paid $150.

Am not the least bit optimistic about this season Broncos-wise but am a big FF nerd and living in Chargers country my network games are ultra-annoying. I could NOT figure out last year any reliably way to watch the games I wanted to see so I'm back on board with the ticket this year.

Love the sports bar--but I always spend a ton of cash there and therefore it winds up being more than the Ticket.
so tell us how you got this for a discounts for that matter anyone that can tell me how to do it for a discount.

I'm tired of watching online or at a sports bar.

I used to be able to fly to den to watch games in the Airport bars and then fly home. But none of the airline that fly non stop have agreements with my NON rev status anymore.

Tned
08-11-2010, 08:27 PM
so tell us how you got this for a discounts for that matter anyone that can tell me how to do it for a discount.

I'm tired of watching online or at a sports bar.

I used to be able to fly to den to watch games in the Airport bars and then fly home. But none of the airline that fly non stop have agreements with my NON rev status anymore.

If your a new subscriber, they are probably offering attractive discounts. Beyond that, for existing NFLST subscribers, all that is needed is to call up and say that friends of yours, including new customers, have been given Sunday ticket for $29.95 a month, and while you didn't think you could afford NFLST, at that price you are willing to sign up --- or something like that.

Be VERY nice, VERY appreciative for them trying to help, etc.

Are you an existing DirecTV customer?

Lonestar
08-11-2010, 08:34 PM
If your a new subscriber, they are probably offering attractive discounts. Beyond that, for existing NFLST subscribers, all that is needed is to call up and say that friends of yours, including new customers, have been given Sunday ticket for $29.95 a month, and while you didn't think you could afford NFLST, at that price you are willing to sign up --- or something like that.

Be VERY nice, VERY appreciative for them trying to help, etc.

Are you an existing DirecTV customer?

Have been since they opened their doors had NFL ticket till two years ago. but it just got priced out of my league.

Tned
08-11-2010, 08:39 PM
Have been since they opened their doors had NFL ticket till two years ago. but it just got priced out of my league.

Being a DirecTV (D*) customer since the beginning, it should be a piece of cake for you. Tell them that you've been a D* customer since day one and had NFLST for all but the last two years, because it just became to expensive.

You have been looking at Cable and Dish who offers free HD, but then heard that friends had gotten a good deal on NFLST some paying $29.95 a month, and some even $19.95 a month, and have gotten their HD (regular programming) for free. Can you help me out with this?

Somethng like that.

camdisco24
08-11-2010, 09:25 PM
Some of you guys who've had DTV for a while now may be getting a nice little call in the next few days about giving you NFL Sunday ticket free for the next 5 months (up to the playoffs) along with other movie channels. They told us us it was simply because we've been a member now 5 years or more and when the 5 months is up, we can keep it and pay or just cancel is no questions asked. I was stoked until I remembered im heading back to college in a week... Oh well, wont miss a Broncos game over Christmas break!

Lonestar
08-11-2010, 09:35 PM
Being a DirecTV (D*) customer since the beginning, it should be a piece of cake for you. Tell them that you've been a D* customer since day one and had NFLST for all but the last two years, because it just became to expensive.

You have been looking at Cable and Dish who offers free HD, but then heard that friends had gotten a good deal on NFLST some paying $29.95 a month, and some even $19.95 a month, and have gotten their HD (regular programming) for free. Can you help me out with this?

Somethng like that.

Some of you guys who've had DTV for a while now may be getting a nice little call in the next few days about giving you NFL Sunday ticket free for the next 5 months (up to the playoffs) along with other movie channels. They told us us it was simply because we've been a member now 5 years or more and when the 5 months is up, we can keep it and pay or just cancel is no questions asked. I was stoked until I remembered im heading back to college in a week... Oh well, wont miss a Broncos game over Christmas break!
I might even call them on this saying I heard it on my Bronco board see waht they have to say.

what region are y'ALL IN

camdisco24
08-11-2010, 09:54 PM
I might even call them on this saying I heard it on my Bronco board see waht they have to say.

what region are y'ALL IN

Im in NC, don't know if that makes a difference or not. It also may have something to do with our contract being up at the end of this year...

Its worthing calling though IMO!

Timmy!
08-12-2010, 02:52 AM
So get an account.

You don't get an account unless your installed, thereby creating an account.....

frauschieze
08-12-2010, 09:02 AM
You don't get an account unless your installed, thereby creating an account.....

Dude, did you read the link above? Is DirecTV not allowing people who live in apartments to pay $350 to get NFL Sunday Ticket To Go? Those people aren't installed.....

Timmy!
08-12-2010, 02:23 PM
Dude, did you read the link above? Is DirecTV not allowing people who live in apartments to pay $350 to get NFL Sunday Ticket To Go? Those people aren't installed.....

It's not available nationwide currently as I understand it, but being in tech I don't deal with billing much so I could be wrong, I can tell you I haven't seen the to go stand alone offer available anywhere on my screens, and I don't get it.

Tom Nalen
08-12-2010, 02:40 PM
It's not available nationwide currently as I understand it, but being in tech I don't deal with billing much so I could be wrong, I can tell you I haven't seen the to go stand alone offer available anywhere on my screens, and I don't get it.

you just get the whole package and tell them to not install it because you are just gunna use NFL ticket to go.

Timmy!
08-12-2010, 03:00 PM
you just get the whole package and tell them to not install it because you are just gunna use NFL ticket to go.

Wouldn't work, as I get everything for free, might be worth a try though, but I doubt it would happen. Won't do me any good anyway, I work Sundays this season. :mad:

Tom Nalen
08-12-2010, 03:10 PM
Wouldn't work, as I get everything for free, might be worth a try though, but I doubt it would happen. Won't do me any good anyway, I work Sundays this season. :mad:

ouch that sucks dude. Maybe you can try installing the dish at a friends or family home. They can get satellite programming for free and you can use the nfl to go package when you have time to watch.

frauschieze
08-12-2010, 06:20 PM
Ask anyway, Timmy. Then give me your login info. :D

BroncoWave
08-12-2010, 09:53 PM

WTF kind of sports bars do you guys go to? 100 bucks a game? Really?

When I go to the sports bar near our campus to watch a game I never spend more than 10-15 bucks. I just get food and a couple of drinks. Over the course of the season I probably don't spend much more than 100 bucks total.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-12-2010, 10:02 PM
Looks like the following is their current special

http://www.directstartv.com/?gclid=CJiNjvC6taMCFRxinAodQHqnZw

and this:

http://www.directv-deals.com/latest-specials.asp?CMP=KNC-MC-Google-Res-DBA-RDBABrand-SCH-DO_RDBA_Brand_DIRECTV-4-15Offer&PID=4152010&dnaomn=85379,8,0,100048943,768740056,1281668488,di rect+tv+nfl+sunday+ticket,22270964,5495709486

NightTrainLayne
08-12-2010, 10:09 PM
WTF kind of sports bars do you guys go to? 100 bucks a game? Really?

When I go to the sports bar near our campus to watch a game I never spend more than 10-15 bucks. I just get food and a couple of drinks. Over the course of the season I probably don't spend much more than 100 bucks total.

You're a college student. You don't have a credit card that you can afford to set up a tab with. ;)

BroncoWave
08-12-2010, 10:27 PM
You're a college student. You don't have a credit card that you can afford to set up a tab with. ;)

Even if I could afford to blow 100 bucks every Sunday I can't imagine spending that much in 3 hours at a bar. Food and a drink or 2 is all I need to enjoy my football watching experience.

NightTrainLayne
08-12-2010, 11:07 PM
Even if I could afford to blow 100 bucks every Sunday I can't imagine spending that much in 3 hours at a bar. Food and a drink or 2 is all I need to enjoy my football watching experience.

Clay's a special case, but I usually spend $25-30 per game at the sports bar as long as I'm by myself.

dogfish
08-13-2010, 12:35 AM

got any wife and kids to feed?

BroncoWave
08-13-2010, 12:37 AM
got any wife and kids to feed?

No, but I've never thought of a sports bar as a place to take the wife and kids.

Tom Nalen
08-13-2010, 01:12 AM
you know what else sucks about a sports bar? You have to be over 21. I am only 20. I need a nice little fake ID haha.

OrangeHoof
08-13-2010, 02:18 AM
I can get through an NFL tripleheader for less than $25 - that includes tea/coke and some sort of finger food for each game - chips and queso, quesadilla, popcorn shrimp, etc. Plus, I'll have a key lime pie if my favorite teams win.

frauschieze
08-13-2010, 03:58 AM
I'm lucky if a Sunday at a bar costs me $60. I obviously drink more than the rest of you.

BroncoWave
08-13-2010, 09:07 AM
you know what else sucks about a sports bar? You have to be over 21. I am only 20. I need a nice little fake ID haha.

:lol: Not in New Orleans. Just gotta be 18!

Nomad
08-13-2010, 09:12 AM
:lol: Not in New Orleans. Just gotta be 18!

When I was 18 and left La back in 1991 (a few fun times at Tigerland in BR and a couple times on Bourbon St), 18 was the legal drinking age. My niece just turned 18 and says she can go out to bars/clubs but they have colored braclets to identify underage and legal. Is this the way it is??

BroncoWave
08-13-2010, 09:17 AM
When I was 18 and left La back in 1991 (a few fun times at Tigerland in BR and a couple times on Bourbon St), 18 was the legal drinking age. My niece just turned 18 and says she can go out to bars/clubs but they have colored braclets to identify underage and legal. Is this the way it is??

It's different for different bars, but for the most part yes. Many of the college bars you can get in if you are 18 (some 19) and you get a wristband if you are 21+ so you can drink. Downtown more of the bars are 21+ to get in but not all of them. The only difference is I've never been at one that gives you different wristbands for underage and legal. They just give you one for legal but nothing if you are underage.

Also, half the time the college bars don't even check your wristband if you ask for a drink unless it's a Friday or Saturday night. If you go at any time during the day you'll have no problem getting served. Any time I've gone to our sports bar near campus for football or the world cup I've always gotten served. (I don't turn 21 until September)

Nomad
08-13-2010, 09:22 AM
It's different for different bars, but for the most part yes. Many of the college bars you can get in if you are 18 (some 19) and you get a wristband if you are 21+ so you can drink. Downtown more of the bars are 21+ to get in but not all of them. The only difference is I've never been at one that gives you different wristbands for underage and legal. They just give you one for legal but nothing if you are underage.

Also, half the time the college bars don't even check your wristband if you ask for a drink unless it's a Friday or Saturday night. If you go at any time during the day you'll have no problem getting served. Any time I've gone to our sports bar near campus for football or the world cup I've always gotten served. (I don't turn 21 until September)

Pat Obriens is the best in NO. The Hurricane's are awesome (kick your ass too) and I love the atmosphere and it was always packed. Lots of hotties go there!!

smith49
08-13-2010, 08:53 PM
ok, so im not going to read through every post in this thread so if this has been posted allready i apologize..

direct tv will lower the price if you simply call them and tell them you can not afford it. heck i call every year in august and tell them that i need some help or i will have to cancel the ticket and every year they lower the price. this year they are giving the hd superfan away for free to everyone allready, which is cool. so just call them and they will lower the price. i think i heard an add on the radio today also that said if you are new to dtv you get the ticket for free. im sure that comes with a contract however.

smith49
08-13-2010, 08:59 PM
oh i also forgot to mention that if you have the ticket at home, you can get a free ap for your iphone and you can watch the games on it if you are not able to be at home. its awesome for me because i have to work 2 sundays every month.

Overtime
08-14-2010, 02:55 PM
mother ef my life. can't take my directv to my new apartment :( they won't allow it. so now i have to find a bar to go watch it at.

first time in 5 years i wont have sunday ticket :(

BroncoWave
08-14-2010, 02:56 PM
mother ef my life. can't take my directv to my new apartment :( they won't allow it. so now i have to find a bar to go watch it at.

Yeah, being in college the last 2 years I've also had to go without Sunday ticket which I had for the 5 years before. Luckily we have a really good sports bar right off campus.

Nomad
08-14-2010, 03:03 PM

Call them and tell them your situation because in that article I posted, they are letting people get the Sunday Ticket over the internet if they live in apartments who don't allow it!

It seems you'd qualify!!

Overtime
08-14-2010, 03:12 PM
Call them and tell them your situation because in that article I posted, they are letting people get the Sunday Ticket over the internet if they live in apartments who don't allow it!

It seems you'd qualify!!

oh really!!!!!?!?!?!

but can you get it without having the service? because I cant even have my service here anymore.

Nomad
08-14-2010, 03:16 PM
oh really!!!!!?!?!?!

but can you get it without having the service? because I cant even have my service here anymore.

:noidea:

But what I am understanding from the article, if you live in an apartment that doesn't allow the dish to be set up in order to get service then they'll let you open an account through the internet but you'd have to pay full price for the Sunday Ticket plus the Sunday Ticket on-the-go!

I could be wrong, but if I lived in an apartment, I'd surely call them up and tell them you read this and if they are offering this deal!

Overtime
08-14-2010, 04:19 PM
well got it worked out my. my old landlord wants to keep the directv for the other roomies, so he's gonna pay the bill every month. im ordering the sunday ticket, and will watch it online, but im locking the receivers out of those channels to keep everyone there honest.

works out for the best. we all get what we want. :D