PDA

View Full Version : Kelsay fined for late hit on Cutler ....

omac
09-15-2007, 08:48 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/popular/ci_6896252

Buffalo's Kelsay fined
End docked for late hit on Cutler
By Mike Klis
Denver Post Staff Writer

Buffalo Bills defensive end Chris Kelsay was fined $5,000 by the NFL for his hit on Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler in the second quarter of their game last Sunday,

Kelsay did not receive a game penalty from the official but replays showed he could have let up on his hit. Kelsay also appeared to have led with his helmet.

Cutler completed a pass on the play and later led the Broncos to a 15-14 victory.

I remember this one; Jay was hit on his back way after he released a throw. Afterwards, he was squatting and crouched down. The sportscasters made a comment about the hit, to the effect that it doesn't get called on young quarterbacks.

Good to see the refs still try to make things right, even if they missed it on the field.

Simple Jaded
09-15-2007, 10:06 AM
It's got to be tough to run the 2minute offense when you can't breath.

That was one of the few shining moments for Randy Cross.... He said that if that hit was one Peyton Manning it'd be a flag.....

troylightfoot
09-15-2007, 10:55 AM
5000 dollars?? what a joke

TXBRONC
09-15-2007, 08:40 PM
I'm glad League decided to at least do something about.

AlWilsonizKING
09-15-2007, 08:43 PM
He said that if that hit was one Peyton Manning it'd be a flag.....

Yeah I remember him saying that.....and I was like.....:rolleyes:

PEACE!!!

DenBronx
09-15-2007, 11:12 PM
Yeah I remember him saying that.....and I was like.....:rolleyes:

why were you like ":rolleyes:"???

he had a valid point....michael jordan used to get calls that other players didnt all the time because he was jordan. same with manning, if he would have got popped like that on a 2 minute drive then you can pretty much bank on it that there would have been a few flags. the fines might have been a little steeper too. but cutler is still wet behind the ears according to the nfl league refs.

LoyalSoldier
09-15-2007, 11:14 PM
Yep it is the "HOLY COW JORDAN WAS KNOCKED DOWN WHICH MEANS HE WAS HIT HARD BECAUSE NO ONE CAN KNOCK JORDAN DOWN!!!! *Whistle* " syndrome. ;)

TXBRONC
09-15-2007, 11:23 PM
why were you like ":rolleyes:"???

he had a valid point....michael jordan used to get calls that other players didnt all the time because he was jordan. same with manning, if he would have got popped like that on a 2 minute drive then you can pretty much bank on it that there would have been a few flags. the fines might have been a little steeper too. but cutler is still wet behind the ears according to the nfl league refs.

Cross is right on that one. Superstars get the calls that others do get.