PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with the Raiders' Baseball Field?

omac
09-15-2007, 08:07 AM
Is that a temporary thing, or do they have plans of having or moving to a real football stadium?

Once, Tom Brady said he wasn't as accurate because of the conditions of New England's football field, and just like that, they re-surfaced it for Tom Brady. What's the deal with Oakland?

silver_black
09-15-2007, 05:55 PM
Is that a temporary thing, or do they have plans of having or moving to a real football stadium?

Once, Tom Brady said he wasn't as accurate because of the conditions of New England's football field, and just like that, they re-surfaced it for Tom Brady. What's the deal with Oakland?

are you new to Football? unfortunately the Raiders share the stadium with the A's. the idea of even sharing the stadium, let alone with a lesser sport (baseball) is infuriating.

hopefully one day Tom Brady will request that the Raiders cover the infield and no longer share.

KCL
09-15-2007, 07:49 PM
there are several teams that use to share a stadium...

The Chiefs being one of them....that was several years ago and the
Cardinals when they were in St Louis shared one with the baseball team
who are also called the Cardinals.

are there other teams that did that? The 49ers?

TXBRONC
09-15-2007, 07:51 PM
are you new to Football? unfortunately the Raiders share the stadium with the A's. the idea of even sharing the stadium, let alone with a lesser sport (baseball) is infuriating.

hopefully one day Tom Brady will request that the Raiders cover the infield and no longer share.

Even if the Raiders didn't share the stadium with the A's it would be a bad facility.

omac
09-16-2007, 01:37 PM

Football coverage here is pretty bad, so it's only recently through the net that I'm able to see more games. But what an ugly looking field; not only that, McCown threw a bad pass because his foot slipped while throwing on that dirt surface. I hope no one gets injured because of the uneven texture of the surface.

Snapping Turtle
09-16-2007, 02:24 PM

Lesser Sport? :rant:

Kapaibro
09-16-2007, 02:27 PM

Deep breaths!!!!!!!!!!!

It's only a Faider fan!:wave:

broncosfanscott
09-16-2007, 11:19 PM
Unfortunatly some NFL teams have to share stadiums with MLB teams. I think is sucks because the football teams can't play on an all-grass field and have to deal with playing on dirt as well.......doesn't go well when kicking FGs.

Skywalker
09-19-2007, 11:08 PM
there are several teams that use to share a stadium...

The Chiefs being one of them....that was several years ago and the
Cardinals when they were in St Louis shared one with the baseball team
who are also called the Cardinals.

are there other teams that did that? The 49ers?

I think Miami used to share a stadium also...

anton...
09-19-2007, 11:26 PM
i dont see what the problem is...

football players arent china dolls...

they are people, and as long as the playing surface is even for both teams it shouldnt matter...

maybe a qb wont be able throw as well on dirt...

but neither will the qb from the other team...

maybe field goals will be harder to kick...

but it would be just as hard for an opposing kicker in the same situation...

there are reasons for home fields...

its not like the surface is unknown...

its not like they arrive at an indoor stadium and realise its covered in sand from a topless bikini babe volleyball tournament...
________
Live sex webshows (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

sneakers
09-20-2007, 04:16 AM
Didn't the Broncos have the same situation (playing with part of the field is the infield) for 2 years when the Rockies played at Mile High?

Retired_Member_001
09-20-2007, 05:50 AM
Didn't the Broncos have the same situation (playing with part of the field is the infield) for 2 years when the Rockies played at Mile High?

Your right. The Rockies played at Mile High from 93-94. I think way early on, the Broncos shared a stadium with a baseball team. That was ages ago though.

The Colorado Rapids used to use INVESCO Field at Mile High and Mile High stadium aswell.

cpr940
09-20-2007, 07:37 AM
I think Miami used to share a stadium also...

Still do.

Here are the teams that currently share a facility with a MLB Franchise:

Oakland
Miami
Minnesota

Here are teams that until recently (before the last 20 years of a stadium building boom) shared space with an MLB team:

San Francisco
Philadelphia
San Diego
Cincinnati
Cleveland
Pittsburgh
Atlanta
Seattle
Houston (Oilers)

Denver briefly shared Mile High Stadium with the Rockies. And long ago, many teams, including the Patriots, Jets, Giants, Bears, Cardinals (in St. Louis and Chicago), Redskins, Rams (in Anaheim), and Colts (in Baltimore) shared stadiums with baseball teams. The trend has been to move away from that for 35 years or so. It's pretty rare now.

Snapping Turtle
09-20-2007, 10:29 AM
Part of the reason the Broncos exist is because people were interested in the Denver Bears....baseball team. They decided to expand the stadium so they could also maybe get a football team. There is a plaque somewhere in the parking lot of Invesco where the original home plate was.

SHELBI-- The Marlins and the Dolphins share a stadium still. Honestly it isnt hurting the Dolphins as much as it is the Marlins.

TXBRONC
09-20-2007, 11:57 AM

I like Baseball my favorite team is the Atlanta Braves, but from monetary stand point the N.F.L. is making more money.

Slick
09-20-2007, 12:42 PM

Yes they did. Even before the Rockies came to town(I love the Rockies, Snap and Kap, oh that rhymed) they shared Mile High with the Denver Bears, and Zephyrs, the AAA minor league teams. Elway threw many passes off the dirt in his career. He didn't seem to have a problem.