PDA

View Full Version : Invesco Practice, Review 2

Tebow4Ever
08-08-2010, 12:31 AM
I know GEM already gave a solid review(Thanks GEM). Mods, please merge this is you see fit.

Now onto the review, I am not the best writer so please bear with me. I arrived at Gate 10 with my wife and son at about 4:00, The atmosphere was very much like a game. It was packed, a sea of orange and blue, tailgating in the parking lot and flying footballs everywhere I looked. We stood in line untill roughly 4:45 I would say. We were in section 101, 3rd row at about the 10 yard line.

When practice began we had a really good view of the Tight Ends doing there drills, they had a tight end surrounded by one on each side with big pads, the TE in the middle would run in place and then catch a ball thrown from one of the coaches. As the TE in middle was to catch, the other two beside him would knock him with the pad. Daniel Graham had a really great time with it, we could see him laughing and knocking the crap out of Branson, Geer, and Quinn. You can definately tell Graham is the one these young guys look up to(Rightfully so). They all did pretty well, I think they all dropped some balls, Didnt notice Graham drop any however.

The offensive lineman were down in the red zone practicing during this time, they seemed to do pretty well. I didnt notice too much because it was at the other side. I did notice Zane Beadles and J.D Walton were getting alot of interaction with the coaches. A bit later, the defensive lineman were running drills against the Oline...Jamal Williams is a beast, I saw him push back the Center several times with pretty amazing strength and footwork.I know GEM did mention that, I will attest to it. Williams is going to be a playmaker for us. The young Rooks really hold their ground though. They were getting pushed back, but you can see the strength and sheer determination that Beadles, Walton,and Olsen have. I didnt see much of Ryan Harris, Again..The view, that right side was kind of hard to see.

Some things that really stood out to me..

Kyle Orton is DEFINATELY checking down quicker, His arm strength on the long ball is still ehh, nothing special. But as GEM pointed out, his short to medium passes are very crisp and seem to be tighter then last year. Its the release that I notice though, he doesnt lock on like he did last year. His head seems to be moving and he is scanning the field alot more. There was 2 plays that I noticed he had to move out of the pocket, He doesnt look so lost as he did last year. Brady Quinn looks pretty comfortable, His arm strength is pretty fun to watch, he is accurate for the most part. Tebow?..Well, I think the guy is still a work in progress. He had some AMAZING throws, One a TD to Bay Bay in the end zone. His arm strength is there, he is also accurate for the most part,his short throws are just a damn bullet. But he really just seems to hold the ball too long.He is fun to watch and as everyone knows, the crowd gets crazy for him.( Got his autograph BTW..)

Didnt see too much of the RBs' I did see Bruce Hall had a pretty solid run for about 8 yards, he hits the holes with some power thats for sure.

Matthew Willis is definately looking to earn a spot on this roster, he had several nice catches.

Perrish Cox is going to be dangerous as KR/PR this year. He cuts very cleanly and has some misleading speed. Once he finds a hole, the dude is just gone.

Eddie Royal came up limping on a pass from Orton, 2 plays later, made a beautiful catch over the middle. He seems to be establishing himself as a leader on this offense. I could see him talking to DT on the sideline and he was making hand gestures. That was awesome to see. Seemed to be coaching him up a bit.

Overall, Was a good practice. If we have to go with Orton again this year, I think some folks are going to be presently surprised. He's a different QB then he was this time last year for sure.

I did get autographs from Brian Dawkins, Tebow, Brady Quinn, Marquez Branson, Lance Ball, and Matthew Willis. It was an amazing experience. Sorry so long everyone. Again, Im not the best writer.

Tebow4Ever
08-08-2010, 01:08 AM
I forgot to mention, As we were walking out. I saw a family that was ALL wearing Jarvis Moss Jerseys. Thought this was interesting because Moss is not really a fan favorite. I went up to a guy in the group, Who literally had to be 6'4,6'5.I made the comment "Its not everyday you see a family of Moss fans" to this guy. Turns out I was talking to Jarvis's brother, cant recall the guys name but I did shake the his hand and said that I hope his brother gets back to 100% soon. He was pretty cool, Looked exactly like Jarvis now that Im looking at pictures. He said he had surgery on his hand this morning and Is optimisitc that he will be making an impact on the team this year. He said watch out because Jarvis is ready to play.Thought that was pretty cool.

rcsodak
08-08-2010, 01:35 AM
I forgot to mention, As we were walking out. I saw a family that was ALL wearing Jarvis Moss Jerseys. Thought this was interesting because Moss is not really a fan favorite. I went up to a guy in the group, Who literally had to be 6'4,6'5.I made the comment "Its not everyday you see a family of Moss fans" to this guy. Turns out I was talking to Jarvis's brother, cant recall the guys name but I did shake the his hand and said that I hope his brother gets back to 100% soon. He was pretty cool, Looked exactly like Jarvis now that Im looking at pictures. He said he had surgery on his hand this morning and Is optimisitc that he will be making an impact on the team this year. He said watch out because Jarvis is ready to play.Thought that was pretty cool.

Jarvis-Comeback Player of the Year

BroncoBJ
08-08-2010, 02:41 AM
Nice write up. I always enjoy reading everyones write ups. The more the better :salute: I heard Lloyd looked really good also. So Willis looked pretty dope out there? I cant wait to see him in preseason. So much hype about him and how great he looks. I'm wondering if its just a David Kircus type thing or if hes legit. I remember all the hype around him and how he was also. Cant wait. :rockon:

And cool you got Tebows autograph. Did he sign for a lot of people? I hear stories that he wont sign autographs unless its for his charity thing so I don't know.

And good to hear about Jamal. I'm hoping he stays healthy all year. He seems like he had a really good day.

Hopefully our injuries are just minor.

BroncoNut
08-08-2010, 07:35 AM
well, the write-ups seem to coincide pretty well. nicel one. I like what I'm hearing with Orton and Jamal. Hope some of these Rookies go early. If Moss steps up this season and the rate of injury chills, should be a pretty fun season. Looking forward to it. Sounds like a blast to attend one of these.

LTC Pain
08-08-2010, 09:12 AM
Thanks Tebow4Ever!

Tebow4Ever
08-08-2010, 12:58 PM
Nice write up. I always enjoy reading everyones write ups. The more the better :salute: I heard Lloyd looked really good also. So Willis looked pretty dope out there? I cant wait to see him in preseason. So much hype about him and how great he looks. I'm wondering if its just a David Kircus type thing or if hes legit. I remember all the hype around him and how he was also. Cant wait. :rockon:

And cool you got Tebows autograph. Did he sign for a lot of people? I hear stories that he wont sign autographs unless its for his charity thing so I don't know.

And good to hear about Jamal. I'm hoping he stays healthy all year. He seems like he had a really good day.

Hopefully our injuries are just minor.
did forget to mention Lloyd, He looked very good out there. Had one beautiful catch down the sideline. Was a long pass, forgot who threw it though. Lloyd raced down field, stretched out nicely to bring it in. He looked great last night.Willis did look good as well, he had some nice catches and seems to be understanding where he needs to be on each play. With Mckinley going to IR, I do expect Willis to make the final roster.Tebow signed a TON of autographs, several people around me commented on the fact that he seemed to sign literally everything that was put in front of him. I exchanged a few words with him, he seems very kind and he knows that the fans are excited about him. He's very friendly and smiles. Everyone knows these guys are tired and worn out from the dog days of training camp but when it was autograph time, the players were all very appreciative and chatty for the most part. So yeah, Tebow did his fair share of autographs.

Tebow4Ever
08-08-2010, 12:59 PM
Thanks Tebow4Ever!
Very welcome!

Tebow4Ever
08-08-2010, 01:01 PM
well, the write-ups seem to coincide pretty well. nicel one. I like what I'm hearing with Orton and Jamal. Hope some of these Rookies go early. If Moss steps up this season and the rate of injury chills, should be a pretty fun season. Looking forward to it. Sounds like a blast to attend one of these.

It definately is a blast, For myself and my family this is the closest we can get to games alot of the time. We are lucky if we can afford to go to 1 game a year. So we never miss these, and try to soak up training camp as much as we can. I do expect Moss to contribute this year, The road is totally open to him as Doom will be out a while. If Moss is going to make an impact in the NFL. This is the year for him to shine.

JaxBroncoGirl
08-08-2010, 06:08 PM
It definately is a blast, For myself and my family this is the closest we can get to games alot of the time. We are lucky if we can afford to go to 1 game a year. So we never miss these, and try to soak up training camp as much as we can. I do expect Moss to contribute this year, The road is totally open to him as Doom will be out a while. If Moss is going to make an impact in the NFL. This is the year for him to shine.

Thank you, I almost feel I was there. I hope all the fans in Denver can help us relate to the practices. I wish so much to be there. I am getting so excited about the season, regardless of win or loss, I am getting to know all the players and can literally feel the excitement. Thank you to all that have updated we fans that are not in the area. It is very refreshing to read everyone's updates. :cool:

honz
08-08-2010, 06:27 PM
Tim Tebow.

broncobryce
08-08-2010, 06:48 PM
Tim Tebow.

Who?