PDA

View Full Version : Invesco Practice

GEM
08-07-2010, 10:10 PM
So my dad and I went and had a really good freaking time!!

Couple of things:
I love me some Tebow!!! That guy is going to be special! He was zipping the ball all over the place and making completions! Orton was as accurate as ever, but still boring and good on the short routes. Quinn has a strong arm, but he's one of those that seem to sit by himself on the sidelines. Tebow was in the middle of the huddle hooting and hollering and after every play he went up to all of his guys patting them and congratulating them. The crowd was going nuts for him. He's definitely going to be bringing the crowd into it.

Thomas was catching everything thrown his way. He did come up slightly limping towards the end, but I don't think he was anything major. Deckers went out early (he really is effing cute) but it just look like he came up wrong on an ankle. He was walking on it and putting weight on it so I don't think it was anything serious, he did go off the field and didn't see him come back out.

Our DLine wasn't letting anything through. They did goal line drills and they weren't letting anyone through. Jamal is a monster.

Our C was getting run over by Jamal quite a few times, but I guess that is to be somewhat expected for a rook and who he was going against.

Ayers was making some nice plays and had a couple sure sacks if they were allowed to touch the QB.

Our ST punt and kick returns looks like they need some work. Colquitt and Kern looked good. **EDIT** Sorry, I meant Colquitt and Prater. Thanks Hildebrand:)**

All in all, I am excited. I liked what I saw from the team. I think we may struggle some, but I really feel that we as Broncos fans have some big things ahead of us.

:D:D:D:D:D

Northman
08-07-2010, 10:12 PM
To be fair this is practice but im glad you enjoyed your time there.

GEM
08-07-2010, 10:15 PM
To be fair this is practice but im glad you enjoyed your time there.

To be fair...I went to this same practice last year...and the differences I saw were night and day. ;)

Northman
08-07-2010, 10:17 PM
To be fair...I went to this same practice last year...and the differences I saw were night and day. ;)

I joined the Orangemane in 2003 and came here in 07' and year in and year out i always heard that practices were outstanding, etc. I mean, lets be honest babydoll if the season hinged on how well a team looked in practice we would be SB champions every year. All im saying is keep it in perspective. Smoochie boochies.

GEM
08-07-2010, 10:20 PM
I joined the Orangemane in 2003 and came here in 07' and year in and year out i always heard that practices were outstanding, etc. I mean, lets be honest babydoll if the season hinged on how well a team looked in practice we would be SB champions every year. All im saying is keep it in perspective. Smoochie boochies.

Which is why I said I think we will struggle, but look forward to good things in the future. ;)

BroncoNut
08-07-2010, 10:20 PM
^ lol. Gem just bitch slapped Northman

BroncoNut
08-07-2010, 10:21 PM
smoochie boochies. LOL. this is hilarious

Northman
08-07-2010, 10:21 PM
^ lol. Gem just bitch slapped Northman

She can spank me anytime.

TXBRONC
08-07-2010, 10:22 PM

Couple of things:
I love me some Tebow!!! That guy is going to be special! He was zipping the ball all over the place and making completions! Orton was as accurate as ever, but still boring and good on the short routes. Quinn has a strong arm, but he's one of those that seem to sit by himself on the sidelines. Tebow was in the middle of the huddle hooting and hollering and after every play he went up to all of his guys patting them and congratulating them. The crowd was going nuts for him. He's definitely going to be bringing the crowd into it.

Thomas was catching everything thrown his way. He did come up slightly limping towards the end, but I don't think he was anything major. Deckers went out early (he really is effing cute) but it just look like he came up wrong on an ankle. He was walking on it and putting weight on it so I don't think it was anything serious, he did go off the field and didn't see him come back out.

Our DLine wasn't letting anything through. They did goal line drills and they weren't letting anyone through. Jamal is a monster.

Our C was getting run over by Jamal quite a few times, but I guess that is to be somewhat expected for a rook and who he was going against.

Ayers was making some nice plays and had a couple sure sacks if they were allowed to touch the QB.

Our ST punt and kick returns looks like they need some work. Colquitt and Kern looked good.

All in all, I am excited. I liked what I saw from the team. I think we may struggle some, but I really feel that we as Broncos fans have some big things ahead of us.

Thanks GEM. :beer:

It's not surprising that J. Williams was running over our center. He probably out weighs everyone of them by about 40lbs.

GEM
08-07-2010, 10:26 PM

It's not surprising that J. Williams was running over our center. He probably out weighs everyone of them by about 40lbs.

He was a hefty guy, but I thought he would be taller. Doesn't matter though...the guy is a beast. :D I was impressed with the guys on DLine.

On a side note....Bowlen is looking old. :( He's freaking thin. My dad and I were hoping he would walk out with Elway, but not so lucky. :(

pnbronco
08-07-2010, 10:26 PM

Thanks Gem...really appreciate it.

TX when you're right....you're right:

Jamal Williams 348 lbs
J. D. Walton 305lbs

from the Bronco Official Training Camp Guide

pnbronco
08-07-2010, 10:29 PM
He was a hefty guy, but I thought he would be taller. Doesn't matter though...the guy is a beast. :D I was impressed with the guys on DLine.

On a side note....Bowlen is looking old. :( He's freaking thin. My dad and I were hoping he would walk out with Elway, but not so lucky. :(

Gem he's actually 6'3", but he's so big in all other ways that he doesn't look tall.

Spiritguy
08-07-2010, 10:29 PM

Deckers went out early (he really is effing cute) but it just look like he came up wrong on an ankle. He was walking on it and putting weight on it so I don't think it was anything serious, he did go off the field and didn't see him come back out.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the rest of us Gem. Even if grouchy North isn't so excited yet! Kind of hard to really know how the team will do with all the challenges they have dealt with this off season but I too am excited to see how things play out.

I think the new guys on the D line are going to make a big difference and it will only benefit the guys on the O line to have to go head to head with them in practice. I'm hoping Ayers, Moss and the other OLB's will be able to step in and make the big plays when it counts and that Doom and the other guys that are dinged up can come back and be all the stronger for their experiences. Heres to an exciting season and hopefully a successful one. :salute: p.s. Your probably gonna have to give your dad a hug and reassurance that you'll keep the Decker excitement down to a dull roar. :listen: ;)

GEM
08-07-2010, 10:31 PM
Gem he's actually 6'3", but he's so big in all other ways that he doesn't look tall.

That's exactly it pola!! If I were to look at the C and Jamal, I would have guess the C was heavier just because he had some height to him. :lol:

Northman
08-07-2010, 10:32 PM
Thanks for sharing your experience with the rest of us Gem. Even if grouchy North isn't so excited yet! Kind of hard to really know how the team will do with all the challenges they have dealt with this off season but I too am excited to see how things play out.

I think the new guys on the D line are going to make a big difference and it will only benefit the guys on the O line to have to go head to head with them in practice. I'm hoping Ayers, Moss and the other OLB's will be able to step in and make the big plays when it counts and that Doom and the other guys that are dinged up can come back and be all the stronger for their experiences. Heres to an exciting season and hopefully a successful one. :salute: p.s. Your probably gonna have to give your dad a hug and reassurance that you'll keep the Decker excitement down to a dull roar. :listen: ;)

Oh come on! Im not grouchy im a very loveable guy. :tsk:

GEM
08-07-2010, 10:34 PM

It was kind of cool, we ended up sitting next to this couple. The girl was really pretty and she knew football. So we sat and talked for a bit. We were talking about Quinn and saying was pretty freaking hot and both her hubby and my dad said geez...shush!! Then they were chanting with everyone around us for Tebow to "Take It Off." Of course...they were talking about his helmet cause everyone wanted to see his hair...but it struck us as funny that we were told to shush for saying Quinn was a hottie, but a bunch of grown men were yelling for another guy to take it off....:lol:

BroncoNut
08-07-2010, 10:36 PM
Whose hotter quinn or decker?

TXBRONC
08-07-2010, 10:37 PM

So he looks like he's as wide as he is tall?

pnbronco
08-07-2010, 10:37 PM
That's exactly it pola!! If I were to look at the C and Jamal, I would have guess the C was heavier just because he had some height to him. :lol:

My husband said the same thing at Friday's practice, "I thought he would be taller". When Jamal stood by Orton I said look they are the same height, even though they have Orton at 6'4" and Quinn at 6'3" (I think it's wrong). Then he realized what a big, big boy Jamal really is.

BTW I am so pumped for Bannan, I just love everything I've seen from this guy and that's watching him play without Jamal. Thanks again....:D

Spiritguy
08-07-2010, 10:38 PM
It was kind of cool, we ended up sitting next to this couple. The girl was really pretty and she knew football. So we sat and talked for a bit. We were talking about Quinn and saying was pretty freaking hot and both her hubby and my dad said geez...shush!! Then they were chanting with everyone around us for Tebow to "Take It Off." Of course...they were talking about his helmet cause everyone wanted to see his hair...but it struck us as funny that we were told to shush for saying Quinn was a hottie, but a bunch of grown men were yelling for another guy to take it off....:lol:

:eek: Wonder if it dawned on them that it could be "seen" in that light. :D

Question is if you and the other ladies in the crowd kept chanting even after he took the helmet off? :lol:

pnbronco
08-07-2010, 10:39 PM

Quinn for me and Decker for Gem,,,,we're just civil that way...........:laugh:

TXBRONC
08-07-2010, 10:40 PM
My husband said the same thing at Friday's practice, "I thought he would be taller". When Jamal stood by Orton I said look they are the same height, even though they have Orton at 6'4" and Quinn at 6'3" (I think it's wrong). Then he realized what a big, big boy Jamal really is.

BTW I am so pumped for Bannan, I just love everything I've seen from this guy and that's watching him play without Jamal. Thanks again....:D

Tebow is listed at 6'31/2" and he looks like he's good 1/2 to 1" shorter than Orton.

GEM
08-07-2010, 10:41 PM

Decker...:D Quinn is a pretty boy and you can tell. Deckers is a guy's guy. YUM!

GEM
08-07-2010, 10:42 PM
:eek: Wonder if it dawned on them that it could be "seen" in that light. :D

Question is if you and the other ladies in the crowd kept chanting even after he took the helmet off? :lol:

Everyone's jaw was still on the ground after seeing the hair cut. I'm telling you the hair cut is so freaking fitting for him...it looked like a monk or friar tuck from the biblical days. :lol:

Spiritguy
08-07-2010, 10:44 PM
Everyone's jaw was still on the ground after seeing the hair cut. I'm telling you the hair cut is so freaking fitting for him...it looked like a monk or friar tuck from the biblical days. :lol:

So reincarnation is real huh. :D

GEM
08-07-2010, 10:46 PM
So reincarnation is real huh. :D

:laugh: There was a Running Horses play on the goal line where it looked like Tebow would get stuffed and the oddest thing happened....it looked the parting of the red sea...Tebow bounced through for the touchdown. :laugh:

pnbronco
08-07-2010, 10:46 PM
Tebow is listed at 6'31/2" and he looks like he's good 1/2 to 1" shorter than Orton.

He is so not that close, in fact when they are side by side he is a good 2" shorter. I said when they measured it he must of been walking on water.......;)

I still think Quinn is a tad taller. However Tebow is bigger in the body than either Orton or Quinn (shoulders and chest).

BroncoNut
08-07-2010, 10:49 PM
Decker...:D Quinn is a pretty boy and you can tell. Deckers is a guy's guy. YUM!

yeah, i guess I can see that with Quinn.

Any hitting goin on? what do they do just wrap a guy up and stop?

MasterShake
08-07-2010, 10:49 PM

I had a blast! Went with my parents and got really good seats in section 103. Whereabouts were you sitting GEM? I didn't even think about checking with you beforehand, would have loved to have met you finally!

I will post some pics tomorrow, but in the meantime heres a quick video of a Tebow TD throw during the scrimmage. Hard to see what happened, but it was a pretty nice throw. Mostly showing the video so people can see what the atmosphere was like.

ida4yAHNRdU

topscribe
08-07-2010, 10:50 PM
Poor Kyle. Poor, poor homely Kyle . . . :pout:

-----

Spiritguy
08-07-2010, 10:50 PM
He is so not that close, in fact when they are side by side he is a good 2" shorter. I said when they measured it he must of been walking on water.......;)

Maybe he was just wearing his sandels the day they took the measurement and that threw it off a bit. :lol:

GEM
08-07-2010, 10:58 PM
I had a blast! Went with my parents and got really good seats in section 103. Whereabouts were you sitting GEM? I didn't even think about checking with you beforehand, would have loved to have met you finally!

I will post some pics tomorrow, but in the meantime heres a quick video of a Tebow TD throw during the scrimmage. Hard to see what happened, but it was a pretty nice throw. Mostly showing the video so people can see what the atmosphere was like.

ida4yAHNRdU

We were in 105 50 yd line. I was keeping an eye out for ya cause I know you usually go.

The atmosphere was fun. There was a wave that everyone actually got involved in. :D

GEM
08-07-2010, 10:59 PM
Poor Kyle. Poor, poor homely Kyle . . . :pout:

-----

I really felt bad for Orton. He wasn't getting too much crowd reaction and everyone was going crazy for Tebow.

Spiritguy
08-07-2010, 11:01 PM
Stuff like that is a real test of a persons character. Hopefully he has a good support base at home.

jhildebrand
08-07-2010, 11:06 PM
Colquitt and Kern looked good.

Did you mean Prater? :confused: Or do we have Kern back again? I would be stoked if we do.

GEM
08-07-2010, 11:07 PM
Did you mean Prater? :confused: Or do we have Kern back again? I would be stoked if we do.

Eh fudge...I'm sorry. I meant Prater. He nailed all of his tries. Apparently he hit a 60 yarder in practice the other day too! :D

BroncoBJ
08-07-2010, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the recap Gem. I really wanted to go and was gonna go down with a buddy but then he had stuff to do. So I just didn't go. Pretty depressed. But thanks for the recaps. Glad to hear Tebow was looking good. I've heard mixed reports on him in camp so I'm confused on what to think about him. But Thomas has been doing good lately I heard as well.

So excited for football season. :rockon:

Lets hope him and Decker arn't hurt that bad. I'm really getting sick of the injuries.

topscribe
08-07-2010, 11:25 PM
I really felt bad for Orton. He wasn't getting too much crowd reaction and everyone was going crazy for Tebow.

Frankly, I'm getting pretty sick of it, myself. It's Tebow everywhere. The media
is saturated with gush for him, and his fans . . .

Well, I'm old enough to witness Elvis walking out on stage, and later the
Beatles. I remember the teenaged girls, their eyes glazed over, screaming as if
the had found rattlesnakes in their respective purses, jumping up and down,
some fainting . . .

This is what Tebow's worshippers and glorified groupies remind me of. No wonder
there are people who have been thoroughly irritated with it all . . .

-----

BroncoNut
08-07-2010, 11:28 PM
well top, that kinda shit can be a little irritating after awhile. but as Gem pointed out (I think) sounds like he gets people jacked up. That's pretty encouraging. 2nd time I heard he has some pepper on the ball too. What are you doing up anyway? Isn't it past your bedtime?

BroncoBJ
08-07-2010, 11:29 PM
Frankly, I'm getting pretty sick of it, myself. It's Tebow everywhere. The media

some fainting . . .

-----

:lol: Yea, the Tebow fans drive me crazy. I know in college there was so many people loving him and so many people hating him. Its pretty nuts but at the same time its exciting having all that hype. Just hope he lives up to it. But the Tebow worshippers really do get to me.

However 1 thing that I read somewhere that it might be a good thing is with all the Tebow fans, going to all his games and what not here. We might get our home field back. They will fill up the stands and we wont have to be invaded by fans of other teams as much. Hope thats the case. I miss the dominate home field days. :fight:

BroncoWave
08-07-2010, 11:31 PM

some fainting . . .

-----

I'm not sure if this puts more or less pressure on Orton. On one hand, the media and fans are all ignoring him and focusing on Tebow, so he is supposedly under much less scrutiny and pressure. On the other hand, the first mistake he makes fans could be booing and clamoring for Tebow to come in instead.

Will be very interesting to see how this plays out. Orton is definitely a professional though so if the fans are hard on him hopefully he'll just ignore it and go out there and continue to give it his all.

topscribe
08-07-2010, 11:32 PM
:lol: Yea, the Tebow fans drive me crazy. I know in college there was so many people loving him and so many people hating him. Its pretty nuts but at the same time its exciting having all that hype. Just hope he lives up to it. But the Tebow worshippers really do get to me.

However 1 thing that I read somewhere that it might be a good thing is with all the Tebow fans, going to all his games and what not here. We might get our home field back. They will fill up the stands and we wont have to be invaded by fans of other teams as much. Hope thats the case. I miss the dominate home field days. :fight:

Last I heard, there was a waiting list of several years for season tickets. Why
do we need somebody to fill the stands?

Nonetheless, what will give homefield advantage is simply winning those games.

-----

BroncoWave
08-07-2010, 11:34 PM

-----

It's not that the stands aren't being filled, it's who's filling them. If rowdy yelling Tebow fans buy tickets from the wine and cheese sit down the whole game fans, that could slightly improve the atmosphere in the stadium.

BroncoNut
08-07-2010, 11:34 PM

-----

Top, comeon now. Someone's a little cranky and I think a bit tired. Off to bed now

topscribe
08-07-2010, 11:36 PM
I'm not sure if this puts more or less pressure on Orton. On one hand, the media and fans are all ignoring him and focusing on Tebow, so he is supposedly under much less scrutiny and pressure. On the other hand, the first mistake he makes fans could be booing and clamoring for Tebow to come in instead.

Will be very interesting to see how this plays out. Orton is definitely a professional though so if the fans are hard on him hopefully he'll just ignore it and go out there and continue to give it his all.

Oh, I don't think it puts undue pressure on Orton. He hasn't seemed to show it
so far, anyway, from reports coming out of camp.

I'm just tired of hearing about Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, is all. There are 80 other
players on the team right now, and it seems Tebow has about 40% of the media.
I've heard about everything I could hear about Tebow, several times over. I
would like to hear more about the rest of the team.

Kudos, BTW, to those on this board who report from camp. They indeed, have
been about the team . . .

/whine

-----

topscribe
08-07-2010, 11:38 PM
Top, comeon now. Someone's a little cranky and I think a bit tired. Off to bed now

I can't find my St. John's Wort . . . http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thannoyed-1.gif

-----

BroncoBJ
08-07-2010, 11:39 PM

-----

:lol: Basically what BTB said. I just don't like when season ticket holders or Bronco fans with tickets sell thier tickets to other teams fans, Pitt, Packers, Chiefs, Raiders, Colts, ect... selling them to fans of opposing teams. Now hopefully the Tebow fans can take over the Stadium and it will have more Bronco fans.

Because seeing opposing teams fans fill up half our stadium tends to make me sick.

So dont get so fiesty. :fight:

topscribe
08-07-2010, 11:40 PM
:lol: Basically what BTB said. I just don't like when season ticket holders or Bronco fans with tickets sell thier tickets to other teams fans, Pitt, Packers, Chiefs, Raiders, Colts, ect... selling them to fans of opposing teams. Now hopefully the Tebow fans can take over the Stadium and it will have more Bronco fans.

Because seeing opposing teams fans fill up half our stadium tends to make me sick.

Go play in the traffic, JC . . . http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thannoyed-1.gif

-----

pnbronco
08-07-2010, 11:42 PM
well top, that kinda shit can be a little irritating after awhile. but as Gem pointed out (I think) sounds like he gets people jacked up. That's pretty encouraging. 2nd time I heard he has some pepper on the ball too. What are you doing up anyway? Isn't it past your bedtime?

Nut he does have pepper on the ball, but he is still young enough that it's not accurate yet. Also in one practice he left Stok to just get creamed.

As for getting people jacked up, if it's like day one of Camp they were jacked up when they walked in that he is "the one", as in the next John Elway or because he's a Gator or because of his beliefs, but not what he was really doing on the field at the moment. So ever time he touched the ball they went crazy, even if he made a bad play. I hope he is our future because that means he's learned what he needs to and we have many years of competitive football, but IMO he's not our present.

As for Orton, I'm blown away at how well he seems to be dealing with all the buzz around him. He has been nothing but 100% class. I have no idea what the future will hold for him in football, but I have no doubt that he will be successful at whatever he does, given his perseverance and strength he's shown in all this.

pnbronco
08-07-2010, 11:52 PM

I am so with you on this one JC4, that Pitt game and Dallas just made me sick seeing so many away jersey's. I'm hoping that wine and cheese group decide to keep their tickets this year and Invesco will be the "in" place to be. Ah I think some of those "Season Ticket Holders" believe they have a business and will still sell them to the highest bidder.........:mad: I sooo hate this because I have always felt like it keeps real fans from getting a chance to buy them. On the other hand maybe the Tebots will be the highest bidders.

Not sure if this takes any pressure off of Orton. I have heard both Thomas and Deckers are glad they just get to learn and stay out of the lime light right now.

topscribe
08-07-2010, 11:55 PM
I am so with you on this one JC4, that Pitt game and Dallas just made me sick seeing so many away jersey's. I'm hoping that wine and cheese group decide to keep their tickets this year and Invesco will be the "in" place to be. Ah I think some of those "Season Ticket Holders" believe they have a business and will still sell them to the highest bidder.........:mad: I sooo hate this because I have always felt like it keeps real fans from getting a chance to buy them. On the other hand maybe the Tebots will be the highest bidders.

Not sure if this takes any pressure off of Orton. I have heard both Thomas and Deckers are glad they just get to learn and stay out of the lime light right now.

A lot of athletes are like that. They want to be players, not entertainers. Kyle
might be delighted over all that. Who knows? He's never seemed as if he has
wanted much attention, anyway . . .

-----

GEM
08-08-2010, 12:01 AM

-----

I think he means that there will be more home fans buying the season tickets that the holders put up for sale.

No kidding here, Top. The Vikings and Packers games I went to at Invesco, there were more rival fans that Broncos fans. It was sickening!

pnbronco
08-08-2010, 12:04 AM
I think he means that there will be more home fans buying the season tickets that the holders put up for sale.

No kidding here, Top. The Vikings and Packers games I went to at Invesco, there were more rival fans that Broncos fans. It was sickening!

Didn't you have a problem with a Viking fan????????? :confused:

I know that was mean, last year just sucked with many of the home games.

GEM
08-08-2010, 12:09 AM
Didn't you have a problem with a Viking fan????????? :confused:

I know that was mean, last year just sucked with many of the home games.

:lol: I told one to shut the hell up or somethin...I can't remember. I just remember that they were getting on my nerves. If I wanted to go to a Vikings home game...I'd go to Minnesota!! :lol:

BroncoBJ
08-08-2010, 12:14 AM
:lol: Yea you guys. Obviously I know we sell out. I didn't mean the stadium is half empty and Tebow will make it full. Just that all the rival fans showing up, make me sick. I'm thinking all the Tebow fans will be loud and rowdy and buy out the tickets. At least I hope so. :rockon:

But yea, I've been to a lot of games where opposing teams fans fill the place up. Cant stand it. The emptiest I've probably ever seen the stadium during a game though was that 41-3 beatdown by the Chargers. God that was just embarrasing. I'm just sitting there all depressed in my seat during the 4th qtr hoping we can somehow come back. But it felt like I was watching pregame warmups. Not many people there at the end. :lol:

Usually the stadium is full though. Always stay til the end. :rockon:

BroncoWave
08-08-2010, 12:18 AM
Some of you may not like McD but he likes all of you! :D

"McD gets the fan stuff right. Trust me: he deeply cares about the fan base. RT @ClassActBroncos: Nice touch by McD to address the crowd"

www.twitter.com/maxbroncos

pnbronco
08-08-2010, 12:25 AM
:lol: Yea you guys. Obviously I know we sell out. I didn't mean the stadium is half empty and Tebow will make it full. Just that all the rival fans showing up, make me sick. I'm thinking all the Tebow fans will be loud and rowdy and buy out the tickets. At least I hope so. :rockon:

But yea, I've been to a lot of games where opposing teams fans fill the place up. Cant stand it. The emptiest I've probably ever seen the stadium during a game though was that 41-3 beatdown by the Chargers. God that was just embarrasing. I'm just sitting there all depressed in my seat during the 4th qtr hoping we can somehow come back. But it felt like I was watching pregame warmups. Not many people there at the end. :lol:

Usually the stadium is full though. Always stay til the end. :rockon:

That Charger game was horrible and cold and wet. We ended up leaving our seats, but we went into the corridor to try to dry out and stayed there till the end.

Oh I forgot to mention that this man showed up at camp on Friday in a Pitts jersey and dressed his 2 sons in Pitts jersey's and never shut the hell up!!!! I so wanted to tell him off by starting to say how disrespectful it was to dress that way to begin with, but I knew I would be rude and his kids were really young. Heck I was wearing my yellow Snoopy shirt and you all know what a Bronco nut I am, it's not like I don't own about 25 jerseys...........some people ...........:mad:

rcsodak
08-08-2010, 01:15 AM

Neither, compared to Billie! ^^^^^

rcsodak
08-08-2010, 01:17 AM

I didn't know friar tuck was from the biblical days.

rcsodak
08-08-2010, 01:25 AM

Orton's a pro. He couldn't give a rat's patooty about the hype with Tebow. He's said as much if ya'll would listen, as well from his teammates.

During his Sirius interview, he was joking around that he heard the only reason they asked him was because Tebow said no, and he was laughing about it.

Orton's going to rock this year if the Oline holds up. He's out to prove his mettle for the other 31 teams.

BroncoBJ
08-08-2010, 02:36 AM
That Charger game was horrible and cold and wet. We ended up leaving our seats, but we went into the corridor to try to dry out and stayed there till the end.

Oh I forgot to mention that this man showed up at camp on Friday in a Pitts jersey and dressed his 2 sons in Pitts jersey's and never shut the hell up!!!! I so wanted to tell him off by starting to say how disrespectful it was to dress that way to begin with, but I knew I would be rude and his kids were really young. Heck I was wearing my yellow Snoopy shirt and you all know what a Bronco nut I am, it's not like I don't own about 25 jerseys...........some people ...........:mad:

:lol: @ that story. But yea, the Charger game sucked. It did rain and stuff lightly but I didn't really remember it much. I think I was too disgusted to really care. I just sat there the whole time. Barely even cheered. What a wierd game it was. And usually I always go and see the players after games win or lose. But that was the 1 game that I didn't. :lol:

Lonestar
08-08-2010, 05:50 AM
Y'all realize that we have several thousand tickets that are alloted for the visiting teams fans.

That every seat in the staduim are not avaialable for season ticket holders.

So regardless of that if the other TEAM has a folllowing at all there will always be about 2500 "others" there. More if the whine and cheese crowd decide to action off the tickets.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

LTC Pain
08-08-2010, 09:11 AM
Thanks Gem

GEM
08-08-2010, 09:18 AM
Y'all realize that we have several thousand tickets that are alloted for the visiting teams fans.

So regardless of that if the other TEAM has a folllowing at all there will always be about 2500 "others" there. More if the whine and cheese crowd decide to action off the tickets.

The Club Seat section is the worst for rival fans, which shows it's the whine and cheese season ticket holders selling em on stub hub and such.

Slick
08-08-2010, 09:46 AM
I'm jealous. I want to go to training camp and follow it up with some Chubby's or some Benny's, or some Johnny's Diner. I'm hungry.

Thanks for the report GEM.

pnbronco
08-08-2010, 11:00 AM

Jr we know this. In Mile High we sat with them most of the time because that's the tickets I could get. The tickets are set aside for family and friend of the org and when those didn't sell the guys would have my name in the hat. That's not what we are talking about.

I'm talking about standing in line to get into the Pitts game and seeing MORE Pitts Jerseys than Bronco ones. My husband said I should take a picture because it was the weirdest feeling. Also for the Dallas game I had to leave town that week, so we got there right before the game. In the corridors there were more Dallas Jerseys than Broncos. Also the other team fans were super loud. These tickets are being sold by Season Ticket Holders and they really think they have a right to make a profit doing so. That's who all of us have issues with.

pnbronco
08-08-2010, 11:03 AM
:lol: @ that story. But yea, the Charger game sucked. It did rain and stuff lightly but I didn't really remember it much. I think I was too disgusted to really care. I just sat there the whole time. Barely even cheered. What a wierd game it was. And usually I always go and see the players after games win or lose. But that was the 1 game that I didn't. :lol:

You're lucky you didn't stay for that. I had my daughter with me and I know a bunch of the guys. So we stayed at the fence to be encouraging. The only players that even stopped at all was Leppis. I was so grateful because my daughter was already so bummed. He was super sweet and took some time to talk and take a picture with her, but talk about a bad day....

nevcraw
08-08-2010, 11:24 AM
Thanks GEM for the report!! I love reading the first hand stuff..

honz
08-08-2010, 12:18 PM
At least Orton didn't get booed.

honz
08-08-2010, 12:33 PM
That's what she said.

jhildebrand
08-08-2010, 12:36 PM
Eh fudge...I'm sorry. I meant Prater. He nailed all of his tries. Apparently he hit a 60 yarder in practice the other day too! :D

Thanks! I was too lazy to see if TN let go of Kern. It wouldn't have suprised me.

Prater has looked really good lately.

Tebow4Ever
08-08-2010, 01:41 PM
Excellent review GEM, Thanks Much. 8-)

GEM
08-08-2010, 01:54 PM
Excellent review GEM, Thanks Much. 8-)

Yours was very good as well. :D Thanks!

Jagsbch
08-08-2010, 04:16 PM
What's with the RB's Can you remember anything?

topscribe
08-08-2010, 04:19 PM
Can you remember anything?

Yeah, sure . . .

. . . what was that, again?

-----

Jagsbch
08-08-2010, 04:24 PM
What was the run to pass ratio like?

I managed to catch this take online... (http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_15708312)

A few moments before, on a goal-line series from the 1 1/2-yard line, the Broncos tried each of their available backs, running behind tight ends lined up as fullbacks. On five running plays to Lance Ball (two), Bruce Hall (two) and Toney Baker (one), none of them sniffed the goal line. Each time I looked at the fallen back to figure out which one it was, Ayers seemed to be standing over him.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u287/dkarp82/020-2.jpg

honz
08-08-2010, 04:42 PM
Yeah, sure . . .

. . . what was that, again?

-----
Maybe you should sit down, old feller.

GEM
08-08-2010, 11:26 PM
What's with the RB's Can you remember anything?

Lance Ball has some nice moves, though none of the guys really stood out. It seems other than the goal line, they didn't run the ball a whole bunch. It was mostly pass plays.