PDA

View Full Version : Decker and Thomas both hurt tonight

broncofaninfla
08-07-2010, 09:00 PM
The Denver post is reporting both were hurt tonight at practice.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/08/07/add-thomas-to-injured-list/4343/

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/08/07/next-up-on-the-injured-list-eric-decker/4341/

Northman
08-07-2010, 09:01 PM
Jesus christ. What the hell is in the water over there? :(

T.K.O.
08-07-2010, 09:12 PM
this is getting depressing ......
are the injuries on the same feet that were already hurt ?

girler
08-07-2010, 09:17 PM
Jesus christ. What the hell is in the water over there? :(

I'm wondering what's up with the coach staff that is making the peeps work so hard during training camp??? This is workouts, not put-your-life-on-the-line super bowl. :eek:

Northman
08-07-2010, 09:19 PM
I'm wondering what's up with the coach staff that is making the peeps work so hard during training camp??? This is workouts, not put-your-life-on-the-line super bowl. :eek:

Im not sure what the problem is but if it keeps up this season is just going to get longer and longer.

broncophan
08-07-2010, 09:20 PM

no shit....what the hell is going on.....

BroncoNut
08-07-2010, 09:28 PM
just read this.

BroncoNut
08-07-2010, 09:35 PM
relax guys, we don't know the extent of the injury to Thomas, may be nothing more than .. well... something that's not that serious

FanInAZ
08-07-2010, 09:37 PM
I have Eddie Royal and DJ Williams on my FF team. Should I just cut them now or wait until they officially get injured?

broncophan
08-07-2010, 09:37 PM
relax guys, we don't know the extent of the injury to Thomas, may be nothing more than .. well... something that's not that serious

yea.....may not be serious.....but to hear about injuries....daily.....still sucks

Northman
08-07-2010, 09:41 PM
yea.....may not be serious.....but to hear about injuries....daily.....still sucks

Thats what i was pretty much getting at. The injury list just keeps adding up and on a daily basis. I suppose if no one posted the information there wouldnt be too much to gripe about but the reality is we all want to know what is going on with the team. It might be minor but the conditioning of this team is coming across very poor at this point. Lets hope when the season starts we have a more healthy cast available to play.

BroncoNut
08-07-2010, 09:43 PM
well, not too much I can say to rebuff that ^. Guess I just kinda expect it now and hope for the best scenario.

broncophan
08-07-2010, 09:44 PM
Thats what i was pretty much getting at. The injury list just keeps adding up and on a daily basis. I suppose if no one posted the information there wouldnt be too much to gripe about but the reality is we all want to know what is going on with the team. It might be minor but the conditioning of this team is coming across very poor at this point. Lets hope when the season starts we have a more healthy cast available to play.

soon we will be hearing about how McD and his staff are too hard on the players........

when Shanny was here it seems like we had a few seasons where there were alot of injuries during the season.....and people questioned Shanny's pre season conditioning.....saying he was too "lax' on the players......what do you do....lol...

Jagsbch
08-07-2010, 09:52 PM
Last season hardly any players got hurt, this season is different as far as that goes, yet all the meanwhile the staff have taken the same measures this year as they did last year according to Josh McDaniels. So go figure.

Grover
08-07-2010, 09:53 PM
Don't worry everyone. It's eight days until the first meaningless game. Plenty of time for these guys to heal enough to get taken out by someone other than their own teammates.:tsk:

I'm in favor of cutting the number of preseason games. Training camp is getting more physical, there's no sense in playing two months of football before the season even begins. The guys are already conditioned.

Make the first week of Training camp similar to OTAs. Just Run throughs and no or limited practices in pads. And NO!, I'm not talking about Club Med like Shanny used to run. Just easing into the full pads practices a bit, and making the # of days of hard hitting closer to the season.

Northman
08-07-2010, 09:54 PM
soon we will be hearing about how McD and his staff are too hard on the players........

when Shanny was here it seems like we had a few seasons where there were alot of injuries during the season.....and people questioned Shanny's pre season conditioning.....saying he was too "lax' on the players......what do you do....lol...

Yea, that actually has already happened as far as how McD runs the camp. Im not sure i buy into that but i really hate that we are constantly plagued with injuries no matter how minor.

GEM
08-07-2010, 09:55 PM
Settle down guys... Decker came up limping, but it didn't look too bad. He didn't come back out. Thomas came up limping, but he was alright. He was making catches. He's going to make us forget about Marshall.

Northman
08-07-2010, 09:57 PM
He's going to make us forget about Marshall.

Your avy has already done that for me. :D

broncophan
08-07-2010, 09:58 PM
Your avy has already done that for me. :D

lol.....

Denver Native (Carol)
08-07-2010, 10:04 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/08/07/next-up-on-the-injured-list-eric-decker/4341/?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter&utm_content=Twitter

Rookie wide receiver Eric Decker has left Saturday evening practice with an injury to his left foot or ankle.

Decker was injured during a goal-line drill, and limped to the sideline while talking to head athletic trainer Steve Antonopulos. The trainers and a team doctor took Decker’s left shoe off and examined Decker’s foot and ankle before Decker headed to the locker room.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/08/07/add-thomas-to-injured-list/4343/?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter&utm_content=Twitter

Broncos first-round draft pick Demaryius Thomas has joined his fellow rookie receiver, Eric Decker, in the training room.

Thomas came up limping after an awkward landing on a touchdown catch during Saturday’s practice at Invesco Field. Head athletic trainer Steve Antonopulos examined Thomas’ left ankle.

Thomas was able to walk on his own to the locker room.

TimTebow15MVP
08-08-2010, 12:14 AM
According to Fox 31's Josina Anderson, Broncos rookie Demaryius Thomas' injury is indeed to his left foot, and it will be evaluated on Sunday.

Thomas' early-offseason fracture is still healing. Sunday's tests will reveal if the old injury has been aggravated or if there is a new injury. Thomas was able to walk off the field and into the locker room without assistance, so there's reasonable hope that the nature of the injury isn't serious. The snakebitten Broncos are also awaiting further word on Eric Decker, who sustained a left ankle injury in the same practice. Aug. 7 - 11:31 pm et
Source: Josina Anderson on Twitter

rcsodak
08-08-2010, 01:06 AM

Ugh.

I hope you're not serious. :rolleyes:

It's called F-o-o-t-b-a-l-l.

Elevation inc
08-08-2010, 05:44 AM
its just bad luck people....the camp and off-season workouts are being run the same wat they were last year.......

most of the injuries have had nothing to do with conditioning or how tough practice is....matter of fact friday evening was a light practice....MCD cancelled Sat mornings practice as well....so its not like he is pushing the limit of running these guys into the ground....

injuries happen, some more years than other......

Shannys Club med mantra was true and his practcies became a joke.....its why he havent been physical since 2005.....last year was the first year since 2005 where you could see some physicality come back to this team....

TC should be physical......not club med.....injuries are a part of this game, and sadly we get the wheel this year......the good news is that the reality is we only have 3 players out for the year, where as some teams have 5 or 6 on IR already, so really our situtaion isnt much different from other teams, and could be worse.....Elvis is the only big loss.....every other injured player will have will still be playing this year......

CoachChaz
08-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Decker with a lower body injury. Shocking
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

jhildebrand
08-08-2010, 12:32 PM

The practices this year are no more intense than last season. In fact, some of the vets will say they are slightly toned down. Clough acknowledged as much on his show two nights ago.

It isn't the camp. It isn't the trainers. Sometimes, people get hurt.

Northman
08-08-2010, 12:37 PM
Still sucks in a major way.

honz
08-08-2010, 12:41 PM
Decker with a lower body injury. Shocking
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums
Don't come looking for validation points when you've predicted an injury riddled career for a new Bronco! You should go eat yourself into obesity to make you feel better instead.

atwater27
08-08-2010, 12:42 PM
it is not the coaching staffs fault that a player gets injured. These guys are grown men, they make millions of dollars. It is up to them to stay in shape year round. Injuries are just part of the game, and if they are caused by lack of conditioning, I blame that on the freaking lazy millionare. For most injuries, you can't blame anybody. They just freaking happen. Why must somebody be to blame for every outcome?

underrated29
08-08-2010, 12:50 PM
i saw the DT injury right in front of me.

It looked like Goodman? was the cb on the play and when they both came down from the jump ball goody cleat come down on top of deckers foot. Now it does suck that it was the same foot, but imo he should be fine.

DenBronx
08-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Fox 31 Denver's Josina Anderson reports that Demaryius Thomas' left foot injury is an aggravation of his pre-Combine fracture.
Sunday's tests, including a CT scan, are expected to determine whether the soreness is from "old or new damage, a combination of both, and to what extent." One source tells Anderson the initial belief is that "it's not that serious." Thomas reportedly struggled early in camp, lacking confidence in his foot. The past two days, however, he had been coming on strong, highlighted by a pair of TD catches just prior to the re-injury.

JDL
08-08-2010, 07:23 PM
this is getting depressing ......
are the injuries on the same feet that were already hurt ?

Probably, I still remember last year and with limited reps and conditioning he threw Moreno out there when he wasn't ready.. Injuries can happen at any time, but that one was so damn predictable. So were these, DT wasn't supposed to be ready this soon... maybe he really was feeling it and it sounds like a fluke play, so probably not anything anyone can do, but I am skeptical of the coach's decision-making with regards to injured players, at least at this point.

TXBRONC
08-08-2010, 08:14 PM
i saw the DT injury right in front of me.

It looked like Goodman? was the cb on the play and when they both came down from the jump ball goody cleat come down on top of deckers foot. Now it does suck that it was the same foot, but imo he should be fine.

Fox 31 Denver's Josina Anderson reports that Demaryius Thomas' left foot injury is an aggravation of his pre-Combine fracture.
Sunday's tests, including a CT scan, are expected to determine whether the soreness is from "old or new damage, a combination of both, and to what extent." One source tells Anderson the initial belief is that "it's not that serious." Thomas reportedly struggled early in camp, lacking confidence in his foot. The past two days, however, he had been coming on strong, highlighted by a pair of TD catches just prior to the re-injury.

It looks like you might have made great call here Under.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-08-2010, 09:30 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=tsn-nflteamreportsafcwest20100808

The Broncos needed good news on WR Demaryius Thomas’ left foot injury not just because of the spate of bad news that engulfed this camp. Thomas over the last couple days has shown flashes of why Denver drafted him with the No. 22-overall pick. Thomas (6-3, 229) has been showcasing his leaping ability, going above and over defenders to make spectacular catches. It was on one such play between the safety and cornerback in Saturday night’s scrimmage when Thomas tweaked the foot, which previously had been surgically repaired and cost him most of the offseason.

Early indications are that Thomas’ injury—and an ankle sprain to fellow rookie WR Eric Decker—isn’t a long term one. That would produce a sigh of relief, since Thomas has played faster as his knowledge of the playbook has increased. Thomas has been working daily with his position coach, reviewing film and the playbook, in an attempt to accelerate his transition. Thomas also has concentrated on escaping jams. Given the matchup problems he can present, and a dearth of playmakers on the roster, it’s vital he emerges in three-receiver packages from Week 1. …

Coach Josh McDaniels will have an interesting roster call on game days regarding QB Tim Tebow. Teams usually designate a third quarterback, but he’ll have to be the No. 2 QB to be eligible to participate in sub packages or lose a roster spot. Still, Brady Quinn remains ahead of Tebow as a backup option to Kyle Orton. That’s another reason why versatility among the other players on the roster will be so vital. —

broncobryce
08-08-2010, 09:41 PM
I keep hearing short term, but how short term? Man I can't wait til next sunday.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-08-2010, 09:46 PM
I keep hearing short term, but how short term? Man I can't wait til next sunday.

WOW - you are right - next Sunday - 1st preseason game already :elefant:

broncobryce
08-08-2010, 09:57 PM

Hell yeah! I was hoping to see Thomas play. But at least we will get to see Tebow a lot. I'm sure the starters won't play long.

BroncoNut
08-08-2010, 10:05 PM

yeah, I just looked that up based off of Bryce's post. that's something to look forward to.

Elevation inc
08-08-2010, 10:16 PM
Probably, I still remember last year and with limited reps and conditioning he threw Moreno out there when he wasn't ready.. Injuries can happen at any time, but that one was so damn predictable. So were these, DT wasn't supposed to be ready this soon... maybe he really was feeling it and it sounds like a fluke play, so probably not anything anyone can do, but I am skeptical of the coach's decision-making with regards to injured players, at least at this point.

this is hilarious....

Coach-...DT/Decker your sure your ready?

DT/Decker-...yeah coach the trainers and doc cleared me im good stop worrying....

Coach-.....You sure?

DT/Decker- Im fine, let me go coach....doc said im ready....

Coach-....ok then

seriously bud.....blaming the coach???? get a grip....injuries happen...and players fake being fine all the time even when hurt all over the nfl...Guess MCD should go into being physic now to prevent stuff like this...lol.....the docs cleared him and decker.....you wanna blame anyone blame the medical people that cleared him....thats not MCD's call.....

Elevation inc
08-08-2010, 10:33 PM
yeah, I just looked that up based off of Bryce's post. that's something to look forward to.

i cant wait for it to finally be here because then i can listen to something other than how our coach is responsible for causing all these injuries.

on the flip side if we dont win by 30...I will have to listen to how bad we suck...even though its preseason game 1.....

shit now that i think about......im fk'ed:lol:

TXBRONC
08-08-2010, 10:39 PM

Same here. I'm looking forward to seeing the Broncos back out on the field. :elefant:

rcsodak
08-08-2010, 11:29 PM

Good grief.

You'd blame him if DT blew a hemmy on the toilet. :coffee:

dogfish
08-08-2010, 11:32 PM
oi, geez. . . it's not like we need those guys in partcular out there getting up to speed. . .

:doh:

sure can't catch much of a break with these injuries this year, can we?

TimTebow15MVP
08-09-2010, 02:10 AM
both of them are fine.

TimTebow15MVP
08-09-2010, 02:12 AM
but at thsi point i cant wait for the training camp to calm down. everybodies camps are intense early on when there so many guys flying full speep trying to prove themselves and pull up at the same time because your not trying to hurt your teammates. We just need to unlease on another team already. Thomas and Decker both should play in that game,. i havent read anything that says there injuries were bad.

underrated29
08-09-2010, 10:58 AM
It looks like you might have made great call here Under.

Hey, just trying to report what i see. Since most of us here are not local and the media seems to mess things up quite a bit.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-10-2010, 03:24 PM
http://twitter.com/postbroncos

McD said X-Rays negative for D Thomas. He will not practice today. 12 minutes ago via UberTwitter

HORSEPOWER 56
08-10-2010, 03:29 PM
http://twitter.com/postbroncos

McD said X-Rays negative for D Thomas. He will not practice today. 12 minutes ago via UberTwitter

Good news about the X-rays. Bad news about practicing. Today is the day the offense gets installed for the Sunday game. If you don't practice today, you probably won't play Sunday. Keep an eye on the guys who don't practice today. They'll likely be inactive this weekend.

Jagsbch
08-12-2010, 02:35 PM
The "early word" on Demaryius Thomas' left foot aggravation is that he tore scar tissue from the previous fracture.

The Broncos are also said be monitoring the calcium formation around the previous break as it continues to heal. Beat writer Mike Klis still believes "expectations should be tempered" for Thomas' rookie season because of the foot injury.

:elefant:All in all, the scar tissue diagnosis is good news, though. It doesn't appear that Bay-Bay has suffered a significant setback.:elefant:

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/38676042/ns/sports-player_news/

claymore
08-12-2010, 02:40 PM
GaffKnee needs to take it to the next level and ge 60 receptions this year.

Ravage!!!
08-12-2010, 02:41 PM
bay-bay...really?

Jagsbch
08-12-2010, 03:32 PM
get used to it...

http://www.popentertainment.com/kojak.jpg