PDA

View Full Version : Floyd Little

Dean
08-07-2010, 07:14 PM
I wish that I lived closer to Denver. I would love to go to the practice at Mile High and pay my respects to Floyd. They will be playing his Hall of Fame acceptance speech on the main stadeum screen.

I hope those in the area will show up and represent in a rowdy manner :beer:for us that can't travel that far.

Northman
08-07-2010, 07:17 PM
Watching the HOF now on TV. Cant wait for him to get inducted.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-07-2010, 07:51 PM
They were expecting 20,000 to be there to watch the practice, plus hear Floyd's induction speech. Based on the following, I am wondering if they will put Floyd on in Canton so it will be seen live at Invesco after practice - would be a great idea. I am also watching it on tv now, and my son/dau-in-law, granddaughter and grandson, plus friend are there.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...ontent=Twitter

Canton, Ohio _ Floyd Little got up from the breakfast table this morning to take a call from Broncos coach and Canton-native Josh McDaniels. Little couldn’t eat, anyway, as tonight he will be formally inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Even though it was 6:20 a.m. Denver time, McDaniels was thinking clearly enough to point out that Little was in Canton by way of Denver, and McDaniels was in Denver by way of Canton.

McDaniels told Little that the Broncos’ players would wear No. 44 decals on their helmets tonight when they scrimmage at Invesco Field at Mile High. Little’s speech will be played on the Invesco Field large screen following the scrimmage.

When Little comes back to formally receive his Hall of Fame ring for the weekend of the Sept. 26, and the game against the Indianapolis Colts, he will speak to the Broncos’ full squad at McDaniels’ invitation.

girler
08-07-2010, 08:44 PM
He gave a GREAT speech! :congrats::congrats::congrats:

broncophan
08-07-2010, 08:44 PM
Well done on his speech......I wish I could have seen him play......just a little before my time.......it is nice to have another bronco in the hall......

Northman
08-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Great speech from Floyd. Dude didnt even tear up, i did it for him. Dude was the man. Congrats to a legend.

Northman
08-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Seeing how Dallas is my 2nd favorite team Emmitts speech ought to be great.

broncophan
08-07-2010, 08:46 PM
Emmit's speech should be interesting.....not the best of speakers.....

Northman
08-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Emmit's speech should be interesting.....not the best of speakers.....

I expect him to be emotional too which wont help. lol

broncophan
08-07-2010, 08:52 PM
I like to listen to Jerry Jones talk....he could sell about anything..

Northman
08-07-2010, 08:54 PM
I cant wait until Sharpe gets in. His speech will have me laughing my ass off.

broncophan
08-07-2010, 08:56 PM
yes.....Sharpe will talk forever.....lol

Denver Native (Carol)
Well done on his speech......I wish I could have seen him play......just a little before my time.......it is nice to have another bronco in the hall......

I was fortunate to see Floyd's entire career, and I can guarantee you, for all who were as fortunate, he is one of those players that you will never forget.:salute:

broncophan
thet need to fix the microphone...

broncophan
08-07-2010, 08:58 PM
Emmit is doing a great job.....

Northman
08-07-2010, 09:00 PM
Although i wish it would of been Denver in the early 90's winning championships watching that Cowboy team was amazing. Those guys just dominated in the early 90's it was just unreal to watch.

Northman
08-07-2010, 09:04 PM
Goddamn it Emitt!!! Stop it!! (Cartman voice)

broncophan
08-07-2010, 09:04 PM
Although i wish it would of been Denver in the early 90's winning championships watching that Cowboy team was amazing. Those guys just dominated in the early 90's it was just unreal to watch.

yea.....I grew up hating the cowboys though....I picked the broncos when watching the superbowl in 77 and my brother picked the cowboys...
you are right though.....those teams were amazing...

Northman
08-07-2010, 09:06 PM
yea.....I grew up hating the cowboys though....I picked the broncos when watching the superbowl in 77 and my brother picked the cowboys...

Yea, i started getting into football around 79' and i latched onto Dallas first because of guys like Dorsett, Danny and Randy White. Chances are because of their popularity during that time had a major contributing factor. But in 82' i decided i was going to be a Bronco fan and Dallas took a backseat until we struggled in the early 90's when we werent doing nearly as good. But even with them being my 2nd favorite team i havent really paid much attention to them in recent years because of Owens and just the lack of any real players i can like except for Witten.

girler
08-07-2010, 09:08 PM
I expect him to be emotional too which wont help. lol

Yep he's crying. :laugh:

broncophan
08-07-2010, 09:10 PM
Yep he's crying. :laugh:

he is starting to get long-winded too......:D

Northman
08-07-2010, 09:11 PM
One thing that still bothers me is there is way too many Cowboys in the HOF as opposed too Broncos. They need to dedicate the next one to nothing but Bronco players to make up for it. :)

girler
08-07-2010, 09:12 PM

That's the first football game I ever watched. My family were all 100% Broncos fans, and through the first half we were SURE that we were going to come back and git them Cowboys! It was devastating that that didn't happen. From that point on, I HATED those Cowboys!!! I could barely stand Dan Reeves because of it. :laugh: I got over it though, but was so glad when he was gone. :lol:

By now, I'm over that first super bowl loss- those 80's losses completely erased the first one. But then the back to back wins erased ALL the pain the any/all of the losses caused. :salute:

broncophan
08-07-2010, 09:13 PM
his wife is a looker....

Northman
08-07-2010, 09:15 PM
his wife is a looker....

Yea she is. Lovely eyes.

broncophan
08-07-2010, 09:16 PM
That's the first football game I ever watched. My family were all 100% Broncos fans, and through the first half we were SURE that we were going to come back and git them Cowboys! It was devastating that that didn't happen. From that point on, I HATED those Cowboys!!! I could barely stand Dan Reeves because of it. :laugh: I got over it though, but was so glad when he was gone. :lol:

By now, I'm over that first super bowl loss- those 80's losses completely erased the first one. But then the back to back wins erased ALL the pain the any/all of the losses caused. :salute:

I agree with this 100%......but I never held any grudges against Reeves.....
You are just MEAN.........lol....j/k.....I know what you mean...

girler
08-07-2010, 09:20 PM
I agree with this 100%......but I never held any grudges against Reeves.....
You are just MEAN.........lol....j/k.....I know what you mean...

Hey, Reeves is the ******* who caught the winning TD against us!!!

Bronco Bible
08-08-2010, 06:24 AM

It (he) was a sight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dean
08-08-2010, 07:59 AM
They don't know half of what he meant to Denver Bronco fans.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Long-time-coming-as-Floyd-Little-reaches-Hall-20262907