PDA

View Full Version : Demaryius is Beginning to Show

WARHORSE
08-07-2010, 01:05 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/BTV-Day-6-Highlights/7727d3e4-4648-40c8-8537-6220f0934b9f

The ability DT has to elevate as well as take the ball on the run at its highest point is beginning to show, and what a stud he will be if he keeps on getting better.

His speed is deceptive, and hes just a huge, strong, still yet to develop kid.

I love what I see so far.

Check the vid for day six.

Also, look how fast the ball is coming out from Kyle.....big difference from last year.

broncobryce
08-07-2010, 01:08 PM
As I said on another board, this guy attacks the ball like Oprah attacks cake.

Italianmobstr7
08-07-2010, 01:11 PM
Demaryius Thomas is going to be a STUD.

Northman
08-07-2010, 01:14 PM
I just hope he can make an impact this year because we are going to need it.

DenBronx
08-07-2010, 01:33 PM
I have high hopes for DT...maybe we don't have BM anymore but with a solid core we might be able to spread the ball around a bit more and keep defense on their toes.

One thing about Marshall is he had 101 catches but Roddy White/Desean Jackson had about 35-40% less catches with the same about of yards. I think DT is a faster version of Marshall making him more of a deep threat yet able to go up catch the ball at the highest point.

I have seen alot of quotes from some of our defense saying that DT is very hard to bring down. I think it's rare to see rookie WR's make an impact but I can really see this kid in the running for ROY.

One thing to note in yesterdays interview on Sirius. DT said he idolized Calvin Johnson and learned from him as a freshman. I think DT was well ahead having already played under a guy like CJ.

DT > Dez Bryant

Lonestar
08-07-2010, 01:37 PM
I suspect that many will forget the name BM in two years after these two WR get their game going.

BORDERLINE
08-07-2010, 02:40 PM
he better be a STUD...we din't get rid of marshall for just draft picks ....he needs to step up right away...but just like there's calvin johnson's there are mike willams's...so i hope for the best

broncobryce
08-07-2010, 02:41 PM
I don't think we will forget, as much trouble as he tends to get into.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Lonestar
08-07-2010, 02:43 PM
he better be a STUD...we din't get rid of marshall for just draft picks ....he needs to step up right away...but just like there's calvin johnson's there are mike willams's...so i hope for the best

no we got rid of BM because of his past, present and future brushes with the law not to mention he wanted guarantees that NO ONE in DEN save a few fanatics were willing to give.

Getting TWO draft choices for him was just a bonus.

silkamilkamonico
08-07-2010, 03:06 PM
no we got rid of BM because of his past, present and future brushes with the law not to mention he wanted guarantees that NO ONE in DEN save a few fanatics were willing to give.

Getting TWO draft choices for him was just a bonus.

I disagree. I'm not sure if you are insinuating that Denver should have just cut him, and then getting the 2 picks was icing on the cake, but how many other teams in the NFL have got rid of a player of Marshall's ability without expecting anything in return? 0?

Lonestar
08-07-2010, 03:26 PM
I disagree. I'm not sure if you are insinuating that Denver should have just cut him, and then getting the 2 picks was icing on the cake, but how many other teams in the NFL have got rid of a player of Marshall's ability without expecting anything in return? 0?

Well many think I'm stupid but I'm not.

Nowhere in my post did I sugest cutting him.

I said that no logical mind in Dove Valley wanted tpay him the money that he wanted considering his volitile past and potential future issues.
That we got two draft choice high ones at that should be considered good.

Anything other than that is really stretching my post.

Let me add that any productivity we get from those two choices this year will be gravy.

hamrob
08-07-2010, 03:57 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/BTV-Day-6-Highlights/7727d3e4-4648-40c8-8537-6220f0934b9f

The ability DT has to elevate as well as take the ball on the run at its highest point is beginning to show, and what a stud he will be if he keeps on getting better.

His speed is deceptive, and hes just a huge, strong, still yet to develop kid.

I love what I see so far.

Check the vid for day six.

Also, look how fast the ball is coming out from Kyle.....big difference from last year.DT is legit...no doubt about it! Orton's arm looked strong to start the season last year too. Then...it turned into a noodle.

rationalfan
08-07-2010, 05:41 PM
i don't remember who, but somebody said comparing DT to BM isn't accurate. DT is more like Andre Johnson.

I like that. A lot.

topscribe
08-07-2010, 05:43 PM
As I said on another board, this guy attacks the ball like Oprah attacks cake.
lol
LOL!!

-----

Davii
08-07-2010, 06:23 PM
I suspect that many will forget the name BM in two years after these two WR get their game going.

BM? Are you talking about Billy Mays? The infomercial guy? I don't know who this BM person you speak of is.

LRtagger
08-07-2010, 06:32 PM
BM? Are you talking about Billy Mays? The infomercial guy? I don't know who this BM person you speak of is.

It's not a person, it's an action.

Example:

"I need to go make a BM."

silkamilkamonico
08-07-2010, 06:52 PM
Well many think I'm stupid but I'm not.

Nowhere in my post did I sugest cutting him.

I said that no logical mind in Dove Valley wanted tpay him the money that he wanted considering his volitile past and potential future issues.
That we got two draft choice high ones at that should be considered good.

Anything other than that is really stretching my post.
Let me add that any productivity we get from those two choices this year will be gravy.

Not really. You stated we got rid of him because of past, present issues, and future guarantees he wanted. And then you state the two draft picks was an added bonus. I'm not trying to read more into your post then what you wrote JR, but it sounded to me like we just got rid of the guy, not expecting the 2 draft picks because they were a bonus.

I for one hated the garbage issues we had to deal with and would not have paid him what he wanted considering, but I certainly would not have traded him for anything less than what we received.

WARHORSE
08-07-2010, 06:56 PM
DT is legit...no doubt about it! Orton's arm looked strong to start the season last year too. Then...it turned into a noodle.

Im not talking about arm strength, Im talking about decisiveness with the ball.

Hes getting rid of the ball much faster, and that will continue to be the case when a QB knows what hes doing. It shows confidence as well, and that comes from knowing the system, and knowing the WRs are going to be where theyre supposed to be, when theyre supposed to be.

I didnt say Kyle was Peyton or Brady or Brees.

The ball is coming out QUICK, even in play action which is not an easy thing to learn.

WARHORSE
08-07-2010, 06:58 PM
Not really. You stated we got rid of him because of past, present issues, and future guarantees he wanted. And then you state the two draft picks was an added bonus. I'm not trying to read more into your post then what you wrote JR, but it sounded to me like we just got rid of the guy, not expecting the 2 draft picks because they were a bonus.

I for one hated the garbage issues we had to deal with and would not have paid him what he wanted considering, but I certainly would not have traded him for anything less than what we received.

And may I remind everyone that hes a step away from a large suspension, perhaps even a yearlong stint with one screwup.

topscribe
08-07-2010, 08:10 PM

BM used to mean something special here in Denver.

Now, it's just gone back to Bowel Movement . . .

-----

Bosco
08-08-2010, 05:20 PM
i don't remember who, but somebody said comparing DT to BM isn't accurate. DT is more like Andre Johnson.

I like that. A lot.

He also compares favorably with Randy Moss and Calvin Johnson. Like those guys, Thomas is a very fast long strider who can get deep and stretch the defense, something Brandon Marshall was far too slow to do.

rcsodak
08-08-2010, 05:39 PM

wow....such insight.

:laugh:

rcsodak
08-08-2010, 05:40 PM

I tend to forget about my last bm almost immediately, jr. :D

rcsodak
08-08-2010, 05:43 PM

Silky, I BELIEVE Jr was commenting about the TWO (as his is also cap'd) draft picks, versus the one (mid rounder, btw) that many said the team would get.

rcsodak
08-08-2010, 05:45 PM
DT is legit...no doubt about it! Orton's arm looked strong to start the season last year too. Then...it turned into a noodle.

Tends to happen when both wheels are hurt and you can't push off.

rcsodak
08-08-2010, 05:47 PM
It's not a person, it's an action.

Example:

"I need to go make a BM."

Aren't you 'making' one all day long....

......and TAKING one?

rcsodak
08-08-2010, 05:50 PM
Im not talking about arm strength, Im talking about decisiveness with the ball.

Hes getting rid of the ball much faster, and that will continue to be the case when a QB knows what hes doing. It shows confidence as well, and that comes from knowing the system, and knowing the WRs are going to be where theyre supposed to be, when theyre supposed to be.

I didnt say Kyle was Peyton or Brady or Brees.

The ball is coming out QUICK, even in play action which is not an easy thing to learn.

So are you insinuating that Peyton/Brady/Brees DO have strong arms?:confused:

Northman
08-08-2010, 05:50 PM

Indeed. To let BM go for anything less would of been moronic on a grand scale.

rcsodak
08-08-2010, 05:54 PM
Indeed. To let BM go for anything less would of been moronic on a grand scale.

You should go back and read some of the BM threads, then. Because after he left Seattle without an offer, MANY misguied posters on here were saying denver would be LUCKY to get a 2nd or 3rd, THIS YEAR.

tomjonesrocks
08-08-2010, 08:08 PM
I still think Dez will still clearly be a better player in the same way DeSean Jackson is clearly turning out to be better than Eddie Royal--but I can certainly see why they opted for DT instead.

Overtime
08-08-2010, 08:30 PM
beginning to show?? Is he pregnant?

he hasn't showed jack shit yet. it's training camp. big whoopdy ******* doo. when he does something in the regular season, then i might start to get a woody. until then.... :coffee:

BroncoWave
08-08-2010, 08:41 PM

he hasn't showed jack shit yet. it's training camp. big whoopdy ******* doo. when he does something in the regular season, then i might start to get a woody. until then.... :coffee:

Why does it piss you off so much when someone says something positive about a Broncos player? I mean seriously, what is the point in being so damn pissy and negative all the time?

No one is saying DT should be getting measured for his yellow jacket, they are simply saying that he has looked very good in camp and is showing the potential to be a good player this year.

It's freaking training camp, what are we supposed to talk about? DT hasn't had the chance to show what he can do in the regular season yet, even the preseason. Is it such a freaking crime to complement him on the good things he has done in camp so far?

Elevation inc
08-08-2010, 10:19 PM

meh no one really cares what you think anyways...:coffee:

Bosco
08-08-2010, 10:38 PM
I still think Dez will still clearly be a better player in the same way DeSean Jackson is clearly turning out to be better than Eddie Royal--but I can certainly see why they opted for DT instead.

Dez Bryant would have been the smart pick if we wanted to replace Marshall. Not a bad idea in itself, but then you're still left with an offense shifting it's focal point from the X and Z receivers to the Z and Y receivers instead. That's not the way McDaniels likes to run his offense and he only did it last year to accommodate Marshall.

I also wouldn't be so quick to hand over the better player award to Jackson either. Even with Royal playing out of position last year, he still has 4 more career catches than Jackson and that number is likely to skyrocket with him now playing the Wes Welker role.

atwater27
08-08-2010, 10:40 PM
Demaryius is Beginning to Show

Show what? His old injuries?

BroncoWave
08-08-2010, 10:42 PM
Would you rather him have sucked thus far in camp? Jeez.

rcsodak
08-08-2010, 11:17 PM
Why does it piss you off so much when someone says something positive about a Broncos player? I mean seriously, what is the point in being so god damn pissy and negative all the time?

No one is saying DT should be getting measured for his yellow jacket, they are simply saying that he has looked very good in camp and is showing the potential to be a good player this year.

It's freaking training camp, what are we supposed to talk about? DT hasn't had the chance to show what he can do in the regular season yet, even the preseason. Is it such a freaking crime to complement him on the good things he has done in camp so far?

Wow.

The picture of irony.

Blasphemy right below.

Great job, BTB.

Sure would be nice if comments on here could be kept a little more guarded.

Save the cursing for your school yard buddies who think it's still 'cool'.

:coffee:

WARHORSE
08-08-2010, 11:26 PM
Demaryius is Beginning to Show

Show what? His old injuries?

What are you watching?

The ratturds?

Watch the video, and maybe you can find some talent if it falls on you.

BroncoWave
08-08-2010, 11:27 PM
Wow.

The picture of irony.

Blasphemy right below.

Great job, BTB.

Sure would be nice if comments on here could be kept a little more guarded.

Save the cursing for your school yard buddies who think it's still 'cool'.

I don't have Tebow in my avatar because of his religious beliefs, so I fail to see the irony. If that language offends you so much perhaps you should ask the mods to put it in the filter, put me on ignore, or not be so sensitive.

WARHORSE
08-08-2010, 11:29 PM

Yes he has. Only your not quite fast enough to catch it.

Change your name to bedtime.

Put your jamas on, drink some warm milk, and go dream about having a good day......until then........think of a number between one and two.:confused:

atwater27
08-09-2010, 12:11 AM
Would you rather him have sucked thus far in camp? Jeez.

Not at all. I am just laughing at the fluff pieces about him and Ayers. I know, there is nothing else to write about. I like the receiver, I want him to succeed. I just couldn't help myself to goof on the thread title.

topscribe
08-09-2010, 12:56 AM
I don't have Tebow in my avatar because of his religious beliefs, so I fail to see the irony. If that language offends you so much perhaps you should ask the mods to put it in the filter, put me on ignore, or not be so sensitive.

I'll admit that I have used such language vocally in the heat of the moment,
before I could get a grip on myself - we all probably have. But I could never
understand why someone would go to the trouble to type it out.

But, as you implied, it isn't filtered out, so it is okay with the board, obviously.
So the rest is up to you, I guess.

Anyway, I haven't noticed that Demaryius has begun to show, so he must be
in his first trimester . . .

-----

BroncoWave
08-09-2010, 01:03 AM
I'll admit that I have used such language vocally in the heat of the moment,
before I could get a grip on myself - we all probably have. But I could never
understand why someone would go to the trouble to type it out.

But, as you implied, it isn't filtered out, so it is okay with the board, obviously.
So the rest is up to you, I guess.

Anyway, I haven't noticed that Demaryius has begun to show, so he must be
in his first trimester . . .

-----

I'd expand on this but as this isn't P&R I will let it be! :D

As for your last sentence, that is the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the thread title. Hopefully the pregnancy won't impact the season! :lol:

TimTebow15MVP
08-09-2010, 01:58 AM

Lame post.

Overtime
08-09-2010, 01:59 PM
Why does it piss you off so much when someone says something positive about a Broncos player? I mean seriously, what is the point in being so god damn pissy and negative all the time?

no i'm not being negative and im not being pissy. but im tired of everyone thinking we have something great just becuase they make a few good catches in training camp.

prime example? Snoop Minnis formerly of the Chiefs had a few good training camps, but where is he now? That's right, he's not even in the league anymore.

look at that USC Receiver Charles Rogers who got drafted by Detroit? He had an awesome first training camp. now where is he? Oh yeah, he uh isn't in the league anymore because of marijuana problems.

so excuse the **** out of me for being a realist, and not making a milkshake in my underwear because he made a few spectacular catches in training camp.

when he does it in the regular season, then I'll get a little excited. When he goes up over Cromartie, or Ed Reed, or Bob Sanders, or Jerrad Page, or Revis, and steals a pass from one of them, then I'll be excited.

until I see it all translate into productivity in an actual game that counts, I'm nothing more than hopeful.

Elevation inc
08-09-2010, 02:01 PM
no i'm not being negative and im not being pissy. but im tired of everyone thinking we have something great just becuase they make a few good catches in training camp.

prime example? Snoop Minnis formerly of the Chiefs had a few good training camps, but where is he now? That's right, he's not even in the league anymore.

look at that USC Receiver Charles Rogers who got drafted by Detroit? He had an awesome first training camp. now where is he? Oh yeah, he uh isn't in the league anymore because of marijuana problems.

so excuse the **** out of me for being a realist, and not making a milkshake in my underwear because he made a few spectacular catches in training camp.

when he does it in the regular season, then I'll get a little excited. When he goes up over Cromartie, or Ed Reed, or Bob Sanders, or Jerrad Page, or Revis, and steals a pass from one of them, then I'll be excited.

until I see it all translate into productivity in an actual game that counts, I'm nothing more than hopeful.

That makes sense....:salute:....:beer:

BroncoWave
08-09-2010, 02:12 PM

I'm missing these posts where everyone is saying he is going to be great. If you want to be pissy that's fine, but don't make shit up.

Most people are simply saying they are encouraged by the camp is having and they are hopeful that he goes on to be a great WR for us.

Yeah people are praising him for his camp so far but what else are we supposed to do? That's all we have to judge him on so far. Not a single person is saying he will be a great WR because of the camp he is having. We are simply saying he is giving us hope. What's so ****ing bad about having hope?

Just admit it, you hate every player Josh McDaniels drafts and you have to make sure we all know it. I have to give you credit though, at least you're not openly wishing injury on DT like you have for Moreno.

TimTebow15MVP
08-09-2010, 02:14 PM
imagine if he was doing horrible in camp......The word bust would be thrown around,

Northman
08-09-2010, 02:16 PM
What's so ****ing bad about having hope?

What's so bad about a fan just telling it like it is? I mean, lets face it. The stuff in TC and preseason dont mean squat in the grand scheme of things. I dont get this mentality from some of you that its ok to have hope but if someone says something like OT did that he's not entitled to do that and in return he gets crucified for it. All OT did was say that kid has done nothing yet in the league and he is 100% on point about it. Is he not entitled to speak his mind on here?

Northman
08-09-2010, 02:17 PM
imagine if he was doing horrible in camp......The word bust would be thrown around,

Excellent point, but then there would be a few who would be saying its only TC and Preseason. :beer:

BroncoWave
08-09-2010, 02:19 PM
What's so bad about a fan just telling it like it is? I mean, lets face it. The stuff in TC and preseason dont mean squat in the grand scheme of things. I dont get this mentality from some of you that its ok to have hope but if someone says something like OT did that he's not entitled to do that and in return he gets crucified for it. All OT did was say that kid has done nothing yet in the league and he is 100% on point about it. Is he not entitled to speak his mind on here?

And not a single person is saying it does. OT is claiming that we are saying that and I'm calling him out on it because it's not true.

rcsodak
08-09-2010, 08:48 PM

Well, that's what HE stands for. Get the irony now?

Funny how none of your 'options' entails You making a change.

As for your options:
I have.
And miss out on a "teachable moment"?
How bout just show some class?

:cool:

JaxBroncoGirl
08-09-2010, 09:11 PM

If people even talk about him in 2 years, it would be that he is a trouble maker on any team. "Diva" is what I am guessing. Seriously, too much talent out there, guys that really want to play and push the envelope will push ahead of the pack. I cannot wait to see our young talent....:cool:

BroncoJoe
08-09-2010, 09:14 PM

Seriously - when did you become such a Debbie-downer?

Dreadnought
08-09-2010, 09:22 PM
Well, that's what HE stands for. Get the irony now?

Funny how none of your 'options' entails You making a change.

As for your options:
I have.
And miss out on a "teachable moment"?
How bout just show some class?

:cool:

Just for the record, if the Avvy included a "blasphemy" it might have run afoul of the no P&R stuff outside of P&R. BTB is however using a very mild obscenity, not a blasphemy. Big difference 'tween the two.

JaxBroncoGirl
08-09-2010, 09:34 PM
Somewhere in this thread we lost the topic, I am not drinking tonight so I know I am not going to say anything stupid at least not on purpose. Come on, get into the spirit and wish our guys do well. We have young talent out there and they need our support. Go Broncos! The season is almost here guys.

broncobryce
08-09-2010, 09:50 PM
Somewhere in this thread we lost the topic, I am not drinking tonight so I know I am not going to say anything stupid at least not on purpose. Come on, get into the spirit and wish our guys do well. We have young talent out there and they need our support. Go Broncos! The season is almost here guys.

I agree with you, but you do know what forum you're at right?

;)

JaxBroncoGirl
08-09-2010, 10:06 PM
[QUOTE=broncobryce;1029543]I agree with you, but you do know what forum you're at right?

Yes I do! We have injuires with core players, ok.........let the young guys get out there and learn, start thinking out side the box, come up with different offensive plays. Ask the defense to step up to the plate. Get it on Broncos.

By the way, this is a hard forum man you can get run over in a minute. Being down south we tend to sugar coat things, Well lets just say in your face from the North side of things. (wink) :ponder:

WARHORSE
08-09-2010, 10:11 PM

Bull.

Maybe I can twist it so that it seems youre not negative......but no matter how I twist it or you spin it, youre definitely pissy.

Here, read this:

Thats just plain pissy.

salurp.:coffee:

broncobryce
08-09-2010, 10:16 PM
[QUOTE=broncobryce;1029543]I agree with you, but you do know what forum you're at right?

Yes I do! We have injuires with core players, ok.........let the young guys get out there and learn, start thinking out side the box, come up with different offensive plays. Ask the defense to step up to the plate. Get it on Broncos.

By the way, this is a hard forum man you can get run over in a minute. Being down south we tend to sugar coat things, Well lets just say in your face from the North side of things. (wink) :ponder:

Yeah, the negativity can get old, but its a bunch of good people with strong opinions. I prefer looking at the positive too........until we trade em, lol.

WARHORSE
08-09-2010, 10:24 PM

More bull.

All he was doing was speaking his mind?

Are you 2?

Its one thing to speak your mind, its another to bash anothers view, right?

People were saying Royal was eating it up in training camp when he was a rookie.

Mortensen came in and said specifically to watch for Eddie Royal, cause he was going to light it up.

Same thing was said about Clady, and I can give you a 100 examples of that.

So simply saying that a player is turning it on in training camp is stating the facts.

Thats someone entitled to speak their mind on what they see, and the possibilities that brings with it.

Now you come in here defending OT for his view on it acting like we're jumping his bones for opening his mouth, when in fact hes the one coming in here doing the trolling.

Well tell him to go make his own damn thread about how nothing means squat in training camp, and then you can all go live in there.

Doesnt that seem like the rational thing to do since you all share views?

JaxBroncoGirl
08-09-2010, 10:26 PM
[QUOTE=jaxgatorgirl3;1029560]

Yeah, the negativity can get old, but its a bunch of good people with strong opinions. I prefer looking at the positive too........until we trade em, lol.

Seriously, I still think our young players can step up to the plate. I still think we can surprise the doubters. I think McD has plays up his sleeve that we do not know about until the time comes. Sure we are going to miss some of our core players, hopefully this will make our young guys step up Big Time. I have always looked at the glass half full, always. As a new Bronco fan I am hanging with the good, bad and the ugly. This draft class is by far more ready than any other class to this date. We have only begun to see the new drafting of players to the NFL. College level is getting more and more like pro football, most of these players are ready to play and get paid for it. Percy Harvin is just a sample of what is coming out of college now. God Speed!!!!

Denver Native (Carol)
08-09-2010, 10:31 PM
I want DT to be a major success. I am sure there are those who are negative towards him because he was drafted to replace BM. As much as I wanted BM to stay a Bronco, he wanted out.

broncobryce
08-09-2010, 10:35 PM
I want DT to be a major success. I am sure there are those who are negative towards him because he was drafted to replace BM. As much as I wanted BM to stay a Bronco, he wanted out.

True. I just don't see why a fan would want a Bronco to fail. I hate LT, Rivers and Merriman, but if they were Broncos tomorrow I would love em.

Tned
08-09-2010, 10:38 PM

I don't think there have been many negative posts about Thomas. Far fewer than about Doom, for instance, during the contract negotiations where many were bashing him even though few Broncos have been as professional as him during a negotiation.

That said, let's face it, while all the reviews on Thomas have been great (the Sirius guys were gushing over him), we have all seen lots of great training camp reviews that didn't pan out on the field in games, such as D. Watts and many others.

I am VERY positive on both Thomas and Tebow, but right now all they have going for them is a couple P's --- Potential and Project. Tebow's are well documented, as well as the type of offense Thomas played in which raises some questions.

Simple fact is that some fans are really excited about Thomas, Tebow and others, some are skeptical, and some are taking a wait and see approach.

Only time will tell how these guys pan out.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-09-2010, 10:39 PM
True. I just don't see why a fan would want a Bronco to fail. I hate LT, Rivers and Merriman, but if they were Broncos tomorrow I would love em.

That would be tough :D Especially Phyllis

Tned
08-09-2010, 10:44 PM
Why are so many, so intolerant of views that are not 100% in line with their own? Tnedfucius ponders this mystery of life...

JaxBroncoGirl
08-09-2010, 10:54 PM
Ya'll are brutal man, just brutal. Give those young fellows a chance, let us see what the Broncos are really about this year. As a new fan, I must admit I want to see every player in action so I know what the heck is going on around here. I am stoked about this week against the Bengals. Go Broncos.......

Northman
08-09-2010, 11:38 PM
Well tell him to go make his own damn thread about how nothing means squat in training camp, and then you can all go live in there.

Well the good news is your equally as full of crap if i am. Ive seen OT make topics and have people coming in giving him their views and opinions as well. It takes two to tango on this forum and your just as guilty as the rest of us. Spare me your soapbox speech son.

Northman
08-09-2010, 11:41 PM
Seriously - when did you become such a Debbie-downer?

Saying that i want him to make an impact year is Debbie Downer? :lol:

Um ok.

TXBRONC
08-09-2010, 11:54 PM
Saying that i want him to make an impact year is Debbie Downer? :lol:

Um ok.

I would like for Thomas to make a big impact this season but it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't.

FanInAZ
08-10-2010, 01:08 AM
Why are so many, so intolerant of views that are not 100% in line with their own? Tnedfucius ponders this mystery of life...

If you want me to answer this question, you'll have to post it in the Religion forum.

WARHORSE
08-10-2010, 03:09 AM
Well the good news is your equally as full of crap if i am. Ive seen OT make topics and have people coming in giving him their views and opinions as well.

What views were that? If they were being unnecessarily beligerent, then what does that say? That it makes him doing it okay? Please.

It takes two to tango on this forum and your just as guilty as the rest of us. Spare me your soapbox speech son.

As I said, its one thing to post opinion....its another to be an idiot about it.

No matter how you spin it......son.....thats never going to do anything but cause people to come down on you.

And bring me the post where I went and did that to someone where it wasnt a response to them.

Punch someone in the face, you'll get it back.

If someone shows respect, they get respect. And if they dont, they wont.

Seems simple enough doesnt it?:coffee:

Not all that cumbersome to someone with a little brainpower and some try hard.

OT didnt have to put his opinion out there in an inflammatory manner like that......but he did. Thats what happens when you talk like someone elses opinions are idiotic and your doo doo dont stink.

And here you come along, on your soapbox, tellin us all his crap dont stink............

He might say different, but I dont think he needs a mama to look after him in here.

He said it like he did, and hes taking the heat.:salute:

Tned
08-10-2010, 07:21 AM
As I said, its one thing to post opinion....its another to be an idiot about it.

No matter how you spin it......son.....thats never going to do anything but cause people to come down on you.

And bring me the post where I went and did that to someone where it wasnt a response to them.

Punch someone in the face, you'll get it back.

I didn't follow the little spat/cat fight that went on in this thread, so I am not taking sides in said spat. However, I want to point something out.

The forum rules, as well as council that the mods have given MANY times publicly, are such that if you 'punch back' you will get in trouble.

If someone breaks a rule or posts an attack against someone, your ONLY option is to hit the report button. You slam/attack back, and you just make the mod's job tougher and the forum less enjoyable for the others caught up in the spats.

Just to be clear to everyone, "he said _____ first" is not a defense for breaking forum rules or slamming/flaming other individuals. Report, DON'T respond in kind.

broncobryce
08-10-2010, 10:16 AM
Thank god camp starts back up today

Traveler
08-10-2010, 10:35 AM
Did this thread get off track or what? I thought once TC began, things would ease up a bit.

Any word yet on the status of Thomas & Decker? Will we see them on Sunday?

Lonestar
08-10-2010, 11:01 AM
:focus:

I for one hope that our TWO WR drafted this year become super star players to go along with Fast Eddie and Quinn so the defenses can try and take someone out via double timing them only to have one or more of the others spank them.

WARHORSE
08-10-2010, 11:43 AM
I didn't follow the little spat/cat fight that went on in this thread, so I am not taking sides in said spat. However, I want to point something out.

The forum rules, as well as council that the mods have given MANY times publicly, are such that if you 'punch back' you will get in trouble.

If someone breaks a rule or posts an attack against someone, your ONLY option is to hit the report button.

Actually, thats not your only option.

You slam/attack back, and you just make the mod's job tougher and the forum less enjoyable for the others caught up in the spats.

True.

Just to be clear to everyone, "he said _____ first" is not a defense for breaking forum rules or slamming/flaming other individuals. Report, DON'T respond in kind.

Some people are good at 'reporting'.:marchmellow:

Some arent. :tea:

Im now officially back on topic.;)

rcsodak
08-11-2010, 12:30 AM
There's plenty of posters here that are negative from the get-go. Nothing but a SB is acceptable. Nothing but a Pro Bowl is acceptable. Nothing but leading the league in their respected area is acceptable. And if you remind them that there are at LEAST 31 other people in their position, you're called a homer.

I call it the MaddenPandemic.

Overtime
08-11-2010, 02:55 AM
And not a single person is saying it does. OT is claiming that we are saying that and I'm calling him out on it because it's not true.

all i'm saying is that the guy hasn't truly shown anything yet. a few flashes of brilliance in training camp. every player has that (except for maybe Maurice Clarrett who did absolutely nothing in his training camp and got cut).

Bull.

Maybe I can twist it so that it seems youre not negative......but no matter how I twist it or you spin it, youre definitely pissy.

Thats just plain pissy.

salurp.:coffee:

no not pissy. that's me being sarcastic.

Tned
08-11-2010, 06:49 AM
There's plenty of posters here that are negative from the get-go. Nothing but a SB is acceptable. Nothing but a Pro Bowl is acceptable. Nothing but leading the league in their respected area is acceptable. And if you remind them that there are at LEAST 31 other people in their position, you're called a homer.

Some of the worst people in terms of "anything but a SB is a failure" claim to have never played Madden or any other new fangled gadgets like those gaming machines -- those are for the kiddies.

Lonestar
08-11-2010, 07:01 AM

But most of them were OK with this failure the past decade, until Josh was hired. NOW it seems to be failure of epic proportions if not.

claymore
08-11-2010, 07:08 AM
But most of them were OK with this failure the past decade, until Josh was hired. NOW it seems to be failure of epic proportions if not.

Wait till November!