PDA

View Full Version : It should be a Great Season

kabroncos
08-07-2010, 08:00 AM
It should be a Great Season watching the Broncos. I'm looking forward to watching the Bears,Redskins,Dolphins.Browns and Lions to see our players. Hopefully we'll have a new coach by the end of the season.

honz
08-07-2010, 08:05 AM
Sounds to me like you aren't really a Broncos fan then...have fun watching the rest of the league, bro.

BroncoNut
08-07-2010, 08:10 AM
It should be a Great Season watching the Broncos. I'm looking forward to watching the Bears,Redskins,Dolphins.Browns and Lions to see our players. Hopefully we'll have a new coach by the end of the season.

what the ..are you talking about? Marshall, Cutler, Shanahan, Hillis are not Broncos anymore.

kabroncos
08-07-2010, 08:17 AM
No, Just not a josh McDaniels fan....maybe we will have a new coach by the end of the season

BroncoNut
08-07-2010, 08:19 AM
ah, josh needs a little more time.

honz
08-07-2010, 08:34 AM
No, Just not a josh McDaniels fan....maybe we will have a new coach by the end of the season
You will be when he starts geting us to the playoffs on a regular basis.

Jagsbch
08-07-2010, 08:41 AM
Latest video from Training Camp (http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/BTV-Sounds-from-Day-6/b4124188-521b-45be-9504-c467945c8cda#?id=7727d3e4-4648-40c8-8537-6220f0934b9f)

Click on the photo link to the right of the ice cream truck video, for some reason the Ice Cream video pops up first.

The crowd is hooten and hollerin through out the video

No Doubt

It should be a Great Season

LTC Pain
08-07-2010, 09:07 AM
So this is solely a thread about a fan's personal bitch with Josh McDaniels as HC of the Broncos under the thread title disguise of "It Should be a Good Season"?

BroncoNut
08-07-2010, 09:09 AM
So this is solely a thread about a fan's personal bitch with Josh McDaniels as HC of the Broncos under the thread title disguise of "It Should be a Good Season"?

maybe. so far that seems to be the case.

EMB6903
08-07-2010, 09:11 AM

Tantrums Jay Cutler got mad when Julius Peppers “sacked” him during a Chicago Bears drill (quarterbacks cannot be touched during camp, so it wasn’t a real sack — there was no intimacy). Cutler then fired a football into the wall of a tent. Actually, he was aiming for an ice bucket, but the tent jumped the route.
ouch

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/08/07/tebow-tantrums-and-tight-ends-what-to-watch-at-training-camp/

Italianmobstr7
08-07-2010, 09:16 AM
Bandwagon fans should ****. BRONCOS 4 LIFE!

honz
08-07-2010, 09:17 AM
maybe. so far that seems to be the case.

Solid deductive reasoning skills, nut.

BroncoNut
08-07-2010, 09:30 AM
thanks honz. So you are a flyfisherman I see? How long you been doing that?

BroncoNut
08-07-2010, 09:30 AM
Bandwagon fans should ****. BRONCOS 4 LIFE!

Hell yeah!

jhildebrand
08-07-2010, 09:57 AM
:flame:

/thread

Lonestar
08-07-2010, 10:06 AM
Well I think barring more injuries that it will be a hell of a season.

The odds of Josh being fired are zip. Pat may expect wins and playoffs but he is realistic to know it will take another couple of years to be consistently there.

Let's worry about a new head coach after this season and see how the kids pick up the new scheme from last year.

I've heard nothing but good things from those that have went to the sessions so far. That things appear to be much less tentative by everyone that was here last year.

Time will tell.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

BroncoNut
08-07-2010, 10:08 AM
i say turn it into a honz flyfishing thread

GEM
08-07-2010, 10:14 AM
ouch

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/08/07/tebow-tantrums-and-tight-ends-what-to-watch-at-training-camp/

That's pretty funny....there are some Broncos tidbits from that link.

Tebow Sightings Fans lined up at 5:30 a.m., five hours before the start of practice, to catch a glimpse of Tebow, then chanted his name when he took the field. “It’s like Justin Bieber’s out here,” one Broncos player said. In one drill, Tebow executed his famous jump pass, the one that makes fans swoon and scouts and coaches cringe. It fell incomplete. Tebow’s practice reps were limited later in the week; Coach Josh McDaniels may want to have him stand on the sideline and wave to fans when he wants to simulate deafening crowd noise.

And...

Kicker Battles It’s hard to tell if an offensive lineman is doing well while watching him hit blocking sleds, but a 60-yard field goal is something even casual fans can appreciate. Matt Prater nailed a 60-yarder in Broncos camp; it’s not true that fans celebrated by chanting “Tebow! Tebow!”

Woooohooooo 60 FREAKIN yarder!!! :D

Nomad
08-07-2010, 10:15 AM
i say turn it into a honz flyfishing thread

I've been flyfishing once and that's when we lived in Utah. It was a stream in Weber Canyon and I went with two others. I sucked at it at first but towards the end, I got the hang of it. Really peaceful experience listening to the birds and the stream running!!

rationalfan
08-07-2010, 10:18 AM
the thing i don't get from the "i hope mcd gets fired" crowd is that they obviously want the broncos to have a losing season so their hated coach will get the boot. so, do these people boo when the broncos win? do they cheer for the other team's defense when it sacks orton? do they hope prater misses field goals?

it's bizarre.

please, one of you guys, explain to me your logic and how you "cheer" for the broncos - unless you're a troll, which i suspect; then just try leaving your basement more than once a week.

honz
08-07-2010, 10:22 AM
I started flyfishing as soon as I was big enough to handle a rod and have my Dad drag me through the river as my feet dangled downstream. I'd love to talk flyfishing some more, but I am driving up to SLC today...and I'm actually driving up to Yellowstone on the 11th to meet my Dad and his friends in Cooke City for a little fishing shindig.

P.S. McD > Shanahan.

BroncoNut
08-07-2010, 10:26 AM
I've been flyfishing once and that's when we lived in Utah. It was a stream in Weber Canyon and I went with two others. I sucked at it at first but towards the end, I got the hang of it. Really peaceful experience listening to the birds and the stream running!!

I hear it's pretty difficult at first. It looks tough. From my impression of it kinda surprised you got the hang of it in one day.

Nomad
08-07-2010, 10:38 AM
I hear it's pretty difficult at first. It looks tough. From my impression of it kinda surprised you got the hang of it in one day.

My definition of getting the 'hang of it' and a pro like honz would be two different things:lol:. Let me just say, when we left I didn't suck as bad as when I started, regardless I had fun though I didn't catch anything!!

BroncoNut
08-07-2010, 10:41 AM
My definition of getting the 'hang of it' and a pro like honz would be two different things:lol:. Let me just say, when we left I didn't suck as bad as when I started, regardless I had fun though I didn't catch anything!!

I was gonna ask if you caught anything. I never caught a trout, looks like they put up a good fight from the movie a river runs through it, but maybe that's just the movie. did your buddies catch anything?

Nomad
08-07-2010, 10:49 AM
I was gonna ask if you caught anything. I never caught a trout, looks like they put up a good fight from the movie a river runs through it, but maybe that's just the movie. did your buddies catch anything?

This was back in 97 or 98 but I believe they may have caught one or two. It was a spur of the moment thing when we got off work and they were going and invited me, so I was using their gear and standing on the bank. I haven't touched a fly rod since.

Another reel I have a hard time with is the open face reel used for bass fishing. For the life of me I can't cast the thing without it birdnesting on me, so I use the spinning reel or closed face reel (aka..the women/childrens reel:D)

BroncoNut
08-07-2010, 10:54 AM
open face... not ringing a bell, dont know if I've ever thrown one. It's been too long. that not the one where you flip a bail is it? just use the index finger to hold the line when the bail is open and let go when you cast. I used a baitcaster once or twice for Northerns,

Man, we are redefining this thread

Northman
08-07-2010, 10:55 AM

Now you've done it. Que the nuthuggers.

Nomad
08-07-2010, 11:00 AM
open face... not ringing a bell, dont know if I've ever thrown one. It's been too long. that not the one where you flip a bail is it? just use the index finger to hold the line when the bail is open and let go when you cast. I used a baitcaster once or twice for Northerns,

Man, we are redefining this thread

They look like this!!

http://bassbuzz.outdoorsfanmedia.com/agfl_news.asp

BroncoNut
08-07-2010, 11:06 AM
which one?

Nomad
08-07-2010, 11:11 AM
which one?

Sorry I'm not computer savy as far as posting pics but good examples of an open face reel are like the first two pics. But I try to cast these types and it never fails, I bird nest the damn thing.

The one you are talking about, flipping the thing and casting, I call a spinning reel, whether that's the correct name:noidea:.

BroncoNut
08-07-2010, 11:12 AM
Sorry I'm not computer savy as far as posting pics but good examples of an open face reel are like the first two pics. But I try to cast these types and it never fails, I bird nest the damn thing.

The one you are talking about, flipping the thing and casting, I call a spinning reel, whether that's the correct name:noidea:.

O.K. I think it is a spinning reel.

BroncoNut
08-07-2010, 11:13 AM
nope, never operated an open face. what's the purpose of them. what advantage do they bring?

Nomad
08-07-2010, 11:15 AM
nope, never operated an open face. what's the purpose of them. what advantage do they bring?

I have no idea but I bet SR could tell you! Most of the pros use them!

dogfish
08-07-2010, 11:26 AM
well done, fellas. . . .

does anybody else like pie?

broncophan
08-07-2010, 11:30 AM
I dont fish.....but I just mowed my yard

Tned
08-07-2010, 11:30 AM

I hope not, because if we have a new coach by the end of the season that will mean we had a really bad season.

TXBRONC
08-07-2010, 11:35 AM

McDaniels has done things I have been critical of but hoping that he fails is tantamount to hoping the team has a horrible season. That's not cool imho.

broncophan
08-07-2010, 11:40 AM
McDaniels has done things I have been critical of but hoping that he fails is tantamount to hoping the team has a horrible season. That's not cool imho.

but I thought most nfl teams who change head coaches every 2 or 3 years were successful???

TXBRONC
08-07-2010, 11:43 AM
but I thought most nfl teams who change head coaches every 2 or 3 years were successful???

Maybe it's a new trend that I wasn't aware of? :whoknows:

Tned
08-07-2010, 11:44 AM

Huhhh? :confused:

I know I have stated, and probably others as well, that most new head coaches, especially first time ones, seem to get fired in 2-3 years. However, I must have missed someone claiming that successful teams do that.

Instead, struggling teams tend to hire a head coach, and after 2-3 bad years, fire him, figuring the next head coach will do better. Then, the next head coach comes in, changes schemes, replaces players to fit his schemes, etc., and as a result doesn't have the team turned around in a year or two and he is then on the hot seat.

It's a BAD cycle that teams fall into, but I haven't seen anyone claim it is a cycle used by successful teams.

TXBRONC
08-07-2010, 11:52 AM

I know I have stated, and probably others as well, that most new head coaches, especially first time ones, seem to get fired in 2-3 years. However, I must have missed someone claiming that successful teams do that.

Instead, struggling teams tend to hire a head coach, and after 2-3 bad years, fire him, figuring the next head coach will do better. Then, the next head coach comes in, changes schemes, replaces players to fit his schemes, etc., and as a result doesn't have the team turned around in a year or two and he is then on the hot seat.

It's a BAD cycle that teams fall into, but I haven't seen anyone claim it is a cycle used by successful teams.

I think he was being sarcastic.

broncophan
08-07-2010, 12:02 PM

Sorry Tned.......I was being sarcastic.......hoping McD is here a long....long....time...

Tned
08-07-2010, 12:20 PM
Sorry Tned.......I was being sarcastic.......hoping McD is here a long....long....time...

Battling a bad headache and my sarcasm meter isn't working well. I thought you were saying that people had made that claim/inferred that in the past.

CrazyHorse
08-07-2010, 05:25 PM

The Broncos are always number one but I too sometimes follow previous players. Nothing wrong with that.

Overtime
08-07-2010, 05:29 PM

i hope you're right.

this ass clown has ran off cutler, scheffler, marshall, hillis, Mike Nolan, traded 3 picks to move up and get Tim Teblows, passed up Dez Bryant, to take DeMaryius Nobody, and ignored the lack of depth and talent on defense once again by drafting mostly offense.

i hope to God he's fired after this season.