PDA

View Full Version : 2010-2011 College Football Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Nomad
08-06-2010, 01:10 PM
I know I'm a little early but what the hell. I'm a big college football fan and I follow mostly SEC (LSU) and Pac 10 (WAZZU), but I love the atmosphere in general and even will watch Ivy league games. I am excited for the season to start so if you want to talk about any recent news or updates in the college ranks or bs about games played here we go and to start it off here is the preseason coaches poll and a link with the schedule for the upcoming year's game. FTR, I'm not a big fan of the preseason polls.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule

Preseason Poll
USA Today Poll
RK TEAM RECORD PTS
1 Alabama (55) 0-0 1469
2 Ohio State (4) 0-0 1392
3 Florida 0-0 1245
4 Texas 0-0 1240
5 Boise State 0-0 1215
6 Virginia Tech 0-0 1052
7 TCU 0-0 1051
8 Oklahoma 0-0 1035
9 Nebraska 0-0 1001
10 Iowa 0-0 952
11 Oregon 0-0 940
12 Wisconsin 0-0 778
13 Miami (FL) 0-0 728
14 Penn State 0-0 508
15 Pittsburgh 0-0 492
16 LSU 0-0 476
17 Georgia Tech 0-0 455
18 North Carolina 0-0 445
19 Arkansas 0-0 438
20 Florida State 0-0 374
21 Georgia 0-0 312
22 Oregon State 0-0 263
23 Auburn 0-0 260
24 Utah 0-0 169
24 West Virginia 0-0 169
Others receiving votes: Cincinnati 135, Houston 76, Brigham Young 66, Arizona 65, Mississippi 48, Clemson 44, Stanford 41, Connecticut 40, Notre Dame 38, South Carolina 38, Washington 26, Missouri 23, Navy 12, Oklahoma State 11, Boston College 10, Michigan State 10, Arizona State 6, California 6, Texas Tech 5, South Florida 4, Texas A&M 3, Temple 2, Northwestern 2, Mississippi State 1, Nevada 1, Northern Illinois 1, Central Michigan 1, Southern Methodist 1,

Nomad
08-06-2010, 01:16 PM
I thought I'd never see the day of a Big10CG but the official site has been chosen which will be Lucas Oil Stadium in Indy. The cheeseheads in Wisconsin thought for sure it would be at Lambeau Field!!:lol:

Nomad
08-07-2010, 10:06 AM
I got this idea from someone at BM!

Predict your college team's overall record for 2010/2011 and what bowl they'll get to at the end of the year!

LSU - 8-4 / Cotton Bowl

WAZZU - 2-10/ Sitting on the couch

Skinny
08-07-2010, 10:14 AM
South Carolina Gamecocks: 8-4 vs Penn St. in the Outback Bowl

Skinny
08-07-2010, 10:15 AM
26 more days.....

BroncoNut
08-07-2010, 11:20 AM
any hawkeye fans?

Northman
08-07-2010, 11:22 AM
Im hoping the new coach for UVA does well. We need to get back into the competition.

Skinny
08-07-2010, 11:35 AM
Im hoping the new coach for UVA does well. We need to get back into the competition.Do you get the "SportSouth" channel? They just had a look into Virginia's camp on yesterday afternoon.
He seems to be a very strict, disciplined, no BS type of guy. Has his game face on 24/7. Said he's really happy with the defense. Offense still needs some work.

Northman
08-07-2010, 11:53 AM
Do you get the "SportSouth" channel? They just had a look into Virginia's camp on yesterday afternoon.
He seems to be a very strict, disciplined, no BS type of guy. Has his game face on 24/7. Said he's really happy with the defense. Offense still needs some work.

We do get reports of their camps but i always seem to miss the shows. But from what ive heard its exactly like you said he's a very no nonsense kind of guy so im hoping that translates well for the club. He did some pretty good things for Richmond when he was there so we shall see how it turns out.

OrangeHoof
08-07-2010, 02:39 PM
Texas Longhorns: 12-2, Sugar Bowl

Skinny
08-09-2010, 11:54 AM
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/510551/howtoarguefixed2.jpg

Nomad
08-09-2010, 11:58 AM
Good find Skinny!

broncophan
08-11-2010, 01:42 PM
The Ohio State University Buckeyes....11-1.......and yet.....another BCS Bowl game.
GO BUCKS!!!

I look forward to discussing college football here.....
Hope everyone's favorite team does well.....just not better than the buckeyes....:)

broncophan
08-11-2010, 01:45 PM
I thought I'd never see the day of a Big10CG but the official site has been chosen which will be Lucas Oil Stadium in Indy. The cheeseheads in Wisconsin thought for sure it would be at Lambeau Field!!:lol:

They better keep Ohio State vs. Michigan as the last game of the season.......or fans around here in Ohio will riot......we don't like it when they mess with tradition too much.....

Nomad
08-11-2010, 01:49 PM
They better keep Ohio State vs. Michigan as the last game of the season.......or fans around here in Ohio will riot......we don't like it when they mess with tradition too much.....

Ha! I was about to ask you about that! CGs (no matter the conference) are always played after regular season ends. I guess Ohio St will be rioting unless they don't make it to the B10CG.

Skinny
08-11-2010, 02:01 PM
any hawkeye fans?I'm not 100% sure but i think Thnikka and studbucket are.

You a Hawkeye fan nut?

Nomad
08-11-2010, 02:06 PM
I'm not 100% sure but i think Thnikka and studbucket are.

You a Hawkeye fan nut?

Studbucket is a big Hawkeye fan!

BroncoNut
08-11-2010, 02:09 PM
yeah Skinny. big Hawk fan. Stud, Tinker, Tubby and I are the Hawkeye fans that I am aware of.

Skinny
08-11-2010, 02:22 PM
Adrian Clayborn is a stud.

Nomad
08-11-2010, 02:24 PM
yeah Skinny. big Hawk fan. Stud, Tinker, Tubby and I are the Hawkeye fans that I am aware of.

That was a good game in Jan 05 between LSU/Iowa (Capital One Bowl...I believe). Hell of a play at the end for the Hawkeyes!

BroncoNut
08-11-2010, 02:27 PM
That was a good game in Jan 05 between LSU/Iowa (Capital One Bowl...I believe). Hell of a play at the end for the Hawkeyes!

Yeah, that catch by Halloway, I remember that well. I was driving east on I-80 through OH or PA, coming back from the Holidays. Listening to that game and of course I'm like (fuggin eh), but also, shaking my head. Unbelievable. Love the Iowa Hawkeyes. Funny thing is, I went to Iowa State. Grew up near UoI though. Like a pro team out there.

Nomad
08-11-2010, 02:32 PM
Yeah, that catch by Halloway, I remember that well. I was driving east on I-80 through OH or PA, coming back from the Holidays. Listening to that game and of course I'm like (fuggin eh), but also, shaking my head. Unbelievable. Love the Iowa Hawkeyes. Funny thing is, I went to Iowa State. Grew up near UoI though. Like a pro team out there.

My little girl was born on Dec 30 2004 and we were at Madigan Hospital on Ft Lewis, Wa at that time and when Halloway caught the ball, I was swearing like a drunkened sailor. Needless to say, I got over it but my wife was pissed at me with my display....I over did it though!:D

BroncoNut
08-11-2010, 02:33 PM
I take it you are an SEC or LSU fan Nomad? Or just hate Iowa? Either way, It's all good.

Nomad
08-11-2010, 02:39 PM
I take it you are an SEC or LSU fan Nomad? Or just hate Iowa? Either way, It's all good.

Born and raised in La State! Grew up with LSU/SEC since I can remember but I enjoy college football in general! I've always enjoyed Hawkeye football or Big 10 because it's always the first games played on Sat mornings! Most of my wife's family are Wa State Coug fans so that's my Pac 10 team and Pac 10 football has always been a favorite of mine.....late Saturday afternoons hearing Keith Jackson!

BroncoNut
08-11-2010, 02:49 PM
Loosyanna huh?

Skinny
08-11-2010, 03:17 PM
Mississippi walk-on Terrell Brown (OL). All 6'11 395 pounds of him.

http://friendsoftheprogram.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/terrellbrown.jpg

He wears a 4XL shoulder pad. Michael Oher wore a 2XL.

BroncoNut
08-11-2010, 03:20 PM
Holy Cow. Why can't he drink his own water?

weazel
08-11-2010, 03:47 PM
Miami 8-4... tough early schedule on the road.

Skinny
08-11-2010, 03:51 PM
Holy Cow. Why can't he drink his own water?I've always wondered that as well. Maybe something to do with their gloves and they can't grip the bottle?

I guess the water boy has to earn his pay check too.

broncophan
08-12-2010, 04:15 AM
Ha! I was about to ask you about that! CGs (no matter the conference) are always played after regular season ends. I guess Ohio St will be rioting unless they don't make it to the B10CG.

yea........I know.......but i think they will keep them playing the last reg. season game...

Nomad
08-18-2010, 09:21 AM
It looks like the MWC will be losing another team! BYU will announce they are going independent starting the 2011 season!!

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/17/byu-set-to-go-the-independent-route-in-football/

Nomad
08-18-2010, 07:36 PM
Looks like MWC will invite Fresno St and Nevada to join in!! Those are two solid programs but with Utah and BYU leaving, I'd be surprised if the MWC would get an automatic BCS bid.....sorry Boise St!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5474774

broncophan
08-18-2010, 08:25 PM
It looks like the MWC will be losing another team! BYU will announce they are going independent starting the 2011 season!!

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/17/byu-set-to-go-the-independent-route-in-football/

wow.....college football will sure be different in 2011....with conference setups etc..........not so sure I like it.......I like the "tradition" of college football...........but hope it will be for the better.

GO BUCKS!!!

OrangeHoof
08-18-2010, 09:18 PM
One more small step towards a Big XII with Notre Dame and BYU replacing Nebraska and Colorado. The key is independant tv contracts like Texas and Oklahoma are arranging for themselves. What ND and BYU bring to the table are national/international fan followings because of their church affiliations, assuring national tv coverage.

Nomad
08-19-2010, 08:02 AM
One more small step towards a Big XII with Notre Dame and BYU replacing Nebraska and Colorado. The key is independant tv contracts like Texas and Oklahoma are arranging for themselves. What ND and BYU bring to the table are national/international fan followings because of their church affiliations, assuring national tv coverage.

BYU left the MWC because of tv issues. Why would they want to go to a conference where Texas wants/is king and compete with them. I don't see ND or BYU going to the Big 12 or aka the SWC;) because of tv issues and them not wanting to share.

Here's a pretty good article of why BYU did leave!!

http://www.mwcconnection.com/2010/8/18/1629629/official-reaction-to-byu-going

OrangeHoof
08-19-2010, 04:04 PM
You're not seeing the big picture. BYU and ND, because of their church affiliations, have national followings. Texas and Oklahoma want independant tv deals for their own networks where they will air coaches shows, historic games, etc.

Basically, the Big XII can offer to BYU and ND what they offer to UT and OU - the right to make their own tv deals. The Big XII can offer matchups of national appeal where the major sports (football, basketball and maybe baseball) these teams have an alliance and are free to pursue their own agreements for the lesser sports.

The Big 10 can't offer them that. Neither can the Pac-10 or the SEC. But the Big XII can if it wants to survive with UT and OU.

South Bend IND is as close to Texas as it is the East Coast and Provo UT isn't that much more of a trip than Boulder plus BYU had games last year in Dallas (against OU) and against TCU - so they're already open to playing in Texas. Throw in the new four-year agreement between ND and UT for football, and you can see the pieces start to come together.

Right now, any school would be wary of the Big XII for fear it will dissolve or UT will simply dominate everyone. If you get ND and BYU involved and give them access to their own media rights, UT is no longer the tail that wags the dog. And that's what would make the conference work.

Between ND, BYU and Baylor, they could agree to not play games on Sunday (a major rub other schools have with BYU but one ND and Baylor would quickly accommodate). The other issue about BYU players being older because many Mormons go on missions before going off to college, well, that's always going to be an issue but I've never seen it as that big a deal.

Anyway, you can pitch enough big games in that conference to get a national contract on NBC or Fox and you're on your way.

There are still a lot of hurdles to clear before they get there but, IMO, it's the only way the Big XII survives so they ought to be seriously considering it.

Nomad
08-19-2010, 04:26 PM
I see the big picture and regardless I don't believe those teams want to be tied to the Big 12

Skinny
08-20-2010, 09:59 AM
BYU, Texas agree to home-and-home series (http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700058704/BYU-Texas-agree-to-home-and-home-series.html)

PROVO — Brigham Young University and the University of Texas today announced the two schools have agreed to a home-and-home football series for the 2013 and 2014 seasons.

Two of college football's most successful programs over the past four seasons, the Cougars and Longhorns are scheduled to meet in 2013 at LaVell Edwards Stadium in Provo, and again in 2014 at Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium in Austin, Texas.

"We are exited to announce this series with Texas," said BYU Director of Athletics Tom Holmoe. "We are always looking for opportunities to schedule storied football programs like the Longhorns. I'm really excited for our coaches, our players and the rest of Cougar Nation to have Texas visit LaVell Edwards Stadium."

The addition of the two-game series creates three future matchups between the Cougars and Longhorns. The two schools are already slated to face each other in Austin on Sept. 10, 2011.

BYU and Texas are two of only five programs nationally to win 10 or more games each of the past four seasons. BYU is 43-9 over the last four years while Texas has achieved a 45-8 mark over the same span. Ohio State, Boise State and Virginia Tech are the only other teams with double-digit victories each of the last four seasons.

OrangeHoof
08-20-2010, 03:06 PM
BYU left the MWC because of tv issues. Why would they want to go to a conference where Texas wants/is king and compete with them.

I guess BYU wouldn't want to schedule games against Texas, huh? Oh, wait.

Granted, it's not the same thing as joining their conference but keep in mind that UT was scheduling games against Cal and UCLA when they thought their future might be going to the Pac-10. It's a feel-out process to find out if they can be neighbors. The fact that BYU already has games scheduled against Oklahoma also lends some cred to my thinking.

Nomad
08-20-2010, 04:56 PM
I guess BYU wouldn't want to schedule games against Texas, huh? Oh, wait.
Granted, it's not the same thing as joining their conference but keep in mind that UT was scheduling games against Cal and UCLA when they thought their future might be going to the Pac-10. It's a feel-out process to find out if they can be neighbors. The fact that BYU already has games scheduled against Oklahoma also lends some cred to my thinking.

OH, you know I never said this! I never said anything about BYU playing Texas or they wouldn't. But what I have gathered from reading is BYU is skeptical and doesn't want to join the Big 12 because of Texas and how they run the show. I really don't give a crap what BYU does, if they join the Big 12:ohwell: You seem to be getting bent out of shape but I'm passing along info I've been reading on the issue and the consensus is BYU doesn't want to go there. They may change their mind as time goes on!:whoknows:

I know we've discussed this but TCU and Houston would fit right in the Big 12!!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/438869-byus-exit-from-the-mountain-west-where-does-it-leave-tcu

OrangeHoof
08-20-2010, 05:52 PM
I know we've discussed this but TCU and Houston would fit right in the Big 12!!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/438869-byus-exit-from-the-mountain-west-where-does-it-leave-tcu

And I've said before the Big XII has no interest in TCU and Houston because, with Texas and Texas A&M, they already have significant penetration in the Dallas and Houston tv markets.

Now I'm convinced you don't understand what's going on. This is all about tv markets and who can put together the best tv contracts. Right now, the SEC (CBS) and the Big 10 (Big 10 Network) are the envy of the football realm because of the dollars they are making. Other conferences either want their own version of the Big 10 Network or a network deal like the SEC has with CBS/CBS College.

The Big XII could not make that work as long as they were just a Southwest/Plains regional interest. TCU and UH add nothing to what the Big XII needs. A good friend of mine who is a UH alum got very angry with me when I spelled this out but he later relented and admitted I was right.

BYU and ND (mostly ND) are the two logical schools who can turn the Big XII into an attractive national conference because they have followers all over the country because of their church connections. Both schools come with their own separate issues but what the Big XII can offer them that the SEC, Big 10 and Pac 10 cannot is to ability to craft their own media deals. Since Texas and Oklahoma also want more autonomy in their tv deals, the four schools can form an alliance or even become a full-blown conference.

You're seeing this already starting to take shape with ND and BYU both signing deals to be on future football schedules with Texas and BYU already having a deal with Oklahoma.

Many think the future of college football is 4-6 superconferences with a de facto playoff system if not a true playoff. The SEC, ACC, Big 10 and Pac-10 are pretty much a lock to be represented. The Big XII, the Big East and the MWC are in an eat-or-be-eaten position for their survival. The WAC, MAC, Sun Belt and Conference USA are likely to fill out the superconferences with the lesser schools falling back into Division I-A.

The Big XII must either add a couple of solid new schools or they'll split with half going to the Pac-10. Then the superconference push will begin in earnest.

Suggesting the Big XII should add Houston and TCU is like suggesting the SEC should add Tulane and Memphis.

broncophan
08-23-2010, 02:09 AM
well....here is my Buckeyes schedule......looks pretty damn sweet.....only 4 road games this season......at Wisconsin and at Iowa will be tough.....and Miami Fla at the shoe.on 9/11 will not be easy.
anything can happen....but this schedule sure looks favorable anyhow...did I mention only 4 away games??

GO BUCKS!!!!

Thu, Sep 02 Marshall Columbus, Ohio 7:30 p.m. Alumni Band Day
Big Ten Network

Sat, Sep 11 Miami (FL) Columbus, Ohio 3:40 p.m.
ESPN

Sat, Sep 18 Ohio Columbus, Ohio 12:00 p.m.
Big Ten Network

Sat, Sep 25 Eastern Michigan Columbus, Ohio TBA Hall of Fame

Sat, Oct 02 Illinois * at Champaign, Ill. TBA

Sat, Oct 09 Indiana * Columbus, Ohio TBA

Sat, Oct 16 Wisconsin * at Madison, Wis. 7:15 p.m.
ESPN/ESPN2

Sat, Oct 23 Purdue * Columbus, Ohio 12:00 p.m. Homecoming

Sat, Oct 30 Minnesota * at Minneapolis, Minn. 8:00 p.m.
ABC/ESPN/ESPN2

Sat, Nov 13 Penn State * Columbus, Ohio TBA

Sat, Nov 20 Iowa * at Iowa City, Iowa TBA

Sat, Nov 27 Michigan * Columbus, Ohio

OrangeHoof
08-23-2010, 07:21 PM
If I'm reading that right, that sure is a lot of home cookin'. You get some middle-of-the-pack teams on the road but all the big games are at home. Looks like an easy path to the National Championship game.

broncophan
08-24-2010, 05:34 AM
If I'm reading that right, that sure is a lot of home cookin'. You get some middle-of-the-pack teams on the road but all the big games are at home. Looks like an easy path to the National Championship game.

It sure does look like an easy path.......but....I hope the players aren't thinking that....lol...at Wis. and at Iowa....both at night.......will be real tough....but with only 4 away games.....I can't complain.......at Iowa would be a tough one to lose....so late in the season.....

Nomad
08-24-2010, 06:56 AM
It sure does look like an easy path.......but....I hope the players aren't thinking that....lol...at Wis. and at Iowa....both at night.......will be real tough....but with only 4 away games.....I can't complain.......at Iowa would be a tough one to lose....so late in the season.....

Still have the Big10CG to go through and Iowa will be a tough one for the Buckeyes! I could look it up but what is the breakdown of the teams in the two divisions for the Big 10.

broncophan
08-24-2010, 04:02 PM
Still have the Big10CG to go through and Iowa will be a tough one for the Buckeyes! I could look it up but what is the breakdown of the teams in the two divisions for the Big 10.

Have not really seen the breakdown of the 2 divisions.....and Nomad.....there will be no Big10CG until the following season......
GO BUCKS.....

Nomad
08-24-2010, 04:04 PM
Have not really seen the breakdown of the 2 divisions.....and Nomad.....there will be no Big10CG until the following season......
GO BUCKS.....

You are correct!! I'm a year ahead!!

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
08-24-2010, 04:34 PM
Why only 4 road games, I would have thought you would have to have an equal split? :confused:

broncophan
08-24-2010, 05:04 PM
Why only 4 road games, I would have thought you would have to have an equal split? :confused:

yea....I know.....usually they would have ,like 5 road games.......and maybe play 1 "smaller" school at a neutral field.....like Cleveland stadium or something.

OrangeHoof
08-25-2010, 03:04 PM
There are four types of opponents for the top programs:

1) Conference opponents. Enough said.

2) Home-and-home against other top programs. You come to our house one year, we go to yours the next.

3) The 2-for-1. This a new wrinkle that is being used to foster unbalanced matchups. This is why Wyoming is on Texas' schedule three times in four years, twice in Austin. Wyoming gets part of the gate of the two games in Austin but the guaranteed sellout of their one home date is the real attraction. Several Texas fans actually bought Wyoming Cowboy season tickets last year just to watch the Longhorns play up there and this type of revenue is a huge boon to Wyoming's coffers.

4) The cupcake early season game. This is where the big school hosts the little school and usually kills them but the gate receipts the small school gets from the game sets up their athletic budget for the rest of the year.

I say this to explain why a school like Ohio State has only four road games. For Marshall, Ohio and Eastern Michigan, it's all about the gate - see #4, With Miami of Florida, there's likely a home-and-home involved - see #2. It's all a cross-state recruiting tool since both programs can invite kids from the other team's geographic base to watch the game as a means of recruiting them. The rest are conference games and the conference dictates who plays where.

Skinny
08-25-2010, 06:15 PM
Had a college FF draft today...

QB Moore, Kellen (QB BST)
RB Rodgers, Jacquizz (RB ORST)
RB Ingram, Mark (RB AL)
WR Childs, Greg (WR AR)
WR Smith, Keith (WR PUR)
WR Owusu, Chris (WR STAN)
TE Rudolph, Kyle (TE ND)
K Jasper, Josh (K LSU)
DST Ohio State (DST OHST) *just 4 away games? Thanks for the heads up phan.

RES Lewis, Dion (RB PITT)
RES Mallett, Ryan (QB AR)
RES Varner, Donovan (WR DUKE)
RES Ponder, Christian (QB FLST)
RES West Virginia (DST WV)

Ponder and WVU DST, my last 2 selections, were picked for me automatically for some reason. Tempted to keep both but i need another WR and there's a couple good ones available.

QB Jerrod Johnson (picked 2nd, i was the 4th pick) was one guy i wanted and missed out on and WR Randall Cobb, but overall i think i did pretty good.

broncophan
08-26-2010, 05:46 AM

RB Ingram, Mark (RB AL)
WR Childs, Greg (WR AR)
WR Smith, Keith (WR PUR)
TE Rudolph, Kyle (TE ND)
K Jasper, Josh (K LSU)

Ponder and WVU DST, my last 2 selections, were picked for me automatically for some reason. Tempted to keep both but i need another WR and there's a couple good ones available.

QB Jerrod Johnson (picked 2nd, i was the 4th pick) was one guy i wanted and missed out on and WR Randall Cobb, but overall i think i did pretty good.

Yep......I would say you did very well........Good Luck.....

Nomad
08-26-2010, 06:58 AM
My sons and I are going to support the local NAIA college here tonight. Minot State U vs Bemidji St U (Minn)!!

Nomad
08-26-2010, 04:24 PM
GO BUCKS.....

Here's the projected divisions! I knew they wouldn't put OSU and Michigan in the same division!!

__________________________________________________ ______________

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/26/wisconsin-iowa-to-be-in-separate-big-ten-divisions/
Wisconsin, Iowa to be in separate Big Ten divisions
Posted by John Taylor on August 26, 2010 10:44 AM ET
We are still at least a couple weeks away from an official announcement, but the shape of a two-division Big Ten is beginning to come into focus.

Based on recent public comments, and against all common sense that doesn't involve dollars and cents, it's all but a given that Ohio State and Michigan will be placed in separate divisions. Now, thanks to Barry Alvarez, we can piece together another slice to the divisional puzzle.

Speaking to the Wisconsin State Journal, the Wisconsin athletic director said long-time rivals UW and Iowa will not be in the same division when divisional play begins in 2011 following the addition of Nebraska. The Badgers and Hawkeyes would, though, become one of the protected crossover rivals, ensuring that the two schools will meet every year.

While it's not written in stone, Alvarez said "we have a pretty good idea of what's going down" and, the State Journal writes, the AD implied that it shouldn't be hard to figure out how the 12 schools will be arranged in the two divisions.

Well then, if it shouldn't be too hard to figure out, let's give it a shot based on the developments of the past couple of weeks.

It's a given that, as the most successful programs since the self-established cutoff of 1993, the foursome of OSU, Michigan, Penn State and Nebraska will be broken into pairs. Obviously, going off recent trends, the Buckeyes will be in one division and the Wolverines in another. How to pair off the Nittany Lions and Cornhuskers? The former seems like a perfect match for a season-ending, forced-rivalry game with OSU, so the latter will hook-up with Michigan.

According to the State Journal, Iowa and Wisconsin are the next of the three competitive levels the conference is using to determine how the divisions will be shaped. As Alvarez has already stated they will not be in the same division, this is simply a matter of placing the two schools in the OSU/Penn State and Michigan/Nebraska groupings. As UW head coach Bret Bielema has been stumping for a rivalry game with Nebraska, and remembering that geography plays little part in the equation, we'll throw the coach a bone and give him his rivalry, with the Hawkeyes joining OSU/Penn State.

That leaves us with Northwestern, Purdue, Illinois, Minnesota, Indiana and Michigan State. The State Journal reports that it's likely the Gophers will be in the same grouping as Wisconsin, so we'll go with that. Additionally, it's a near-given that the Spartans will follow Michigan however this shakes out and, with the likelihood that there will be just one protected crossover game per school and with Michigan using theirs with Ohio State, the two Michigan schools would have to be in the same division to maintain that rivalry.

If all of those above scenarios came to fruition -- hint: they won't -- that would leave one slot in one of the two divisions, and four schools still left to place. At this point in the process, it's more of a stab in the dark than the attempt to group the upper-tier programs.

Here's how we think the Big Ten could look once the official announcement is made in the next couple of weeks. We are also eschewing the more popular "Bo" and "Woody" divisional names for something far more befitting the current climate.

AVARICE DIVISION
Ohio State
Penn State
Iowa
Purdue
Illinois
Indiana

GLUTTONY DIVISION
Michigan
Nebraska
Wisconsin
Northwestern
Minnesota
Michigan State

Northman
08-26-2010, 04:28 PM

RB Ingram, Mark (RB AL)
WR Childs, Greg (WR AR)
WR Smith, Keith (WR PUR)
TE Rudolph, Kyle (TE ND)
K Jasper, Josh (K LSU)

Interesting. Didnt realize they had these kind of leagues.

Northman
08-26-2010, 04:30 PM
AVARICE DIVISION
Ohio State
Penn State
Iowa
Purdue
Illinois
Indiana

GLUTTONY DIVISION
Michigan
Nebraska
Wisconsin
Northwestern
Minnesota
Michigan State

Nebraska is going to get such a beatdown in that division. Gonna love it.

broncophan
08-26-2010, 06:43 PM
Here's the projected divisions! I knew they wouldn't put OSU and Michigan in the same division!!

__________________________________________________ ______________

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/26/wisconsin-iowa-to-be-in-separate-big-ten-divisions/
Wisconsin, Iowa to be in separate Big Ten divisions
Posted by John Taylor on August 26, 2010 10:44 AM ET
We are still at least a couple weeks away from an official announcement, but the shape of a two-division Big Ten is beginning to come into focus.

Based on recent public comments, and against all common sense that doesn't involve dollars and cents, it's all but a given that Ohio State and Michigan will be placed in separate divisions. Now, thanks to Barry Alvarez, we can piece together another slice to the divisional puzzle.

Speaking to the Wisconsin State Journal, the Wisconsin athletic director said long-time rivals UW and Iowa will not be in the same division when divisional play begins in 2011 following the addition of Nebraska. The Badgers and Hawkeyes would, though, become one of the protected crossover rivals, ensuring that the two schools will meet every year.

While it's not written in stone, Alvarez said "we have a pretty good idea of what's going down" and, the State Journal writes, the AD implied that it shouldn't be hard to figure out how the 12 schools will be arranged in the two divisions.

Well then, if it shouldn't be too hard to figure out, let's give it a shot based on the developments of the past couple of weeks.

It's a given that, as the most successful programs since the self-established cutoff of 1993, the foursome of OSU, Michigan, Penn State and Nebraska will be broken into pairs. Obviously, going off recent trends, the Buckeyes will be in one division and the Wolverines in another. How to pair off the Nittany Lions and Cornhuskers? The former seems like a perfect match for a season-ending, forced-rivalry game with OSU, so the latter will hook-up with Michigan.

According to the State Journal, Iowa and Wisconsin are the next of the three competitive levels the conference is using to determine how the divisions will be shaped. As Alvarez has already stated they will not be in the same division, this is simply a matter of placing the two schools in the OSU/Penn State and Michigan/Nebraska groupings. As UW head coach Bret Bielema has been stumping for a rivalry game with Nebraska, and remembering that geography plays little part in the equation, we'll throw the coach a bone and give him his rivalry, with the Hawkeyes joining OSU/Penn State.

That leaves us with Northwestern, Purdue, Illinois, Minnesota, Indiana and Michigan State. The State Journal reports that it's likely the Gophers will be in the same grouping as Wisconsin, so we'll go with that. Additionally, it's a near-given that the Spartans will follow Michigan however this shakes out and, with the likelihood that there will be just one protected crossover game per school and with Michigan using theirs with Ohio State, the two Michigan schools would have to be in the same division to maintain that rivalry.

If all of those above scenarios came to fruition -- hint: they won't -- that would leave one slot in one of the two divisions, and four schools still left to place. At this point in the process, it's more of a stab in the dark than the attempt to group the upper-tier programs.

Here's how we think the Big Ten could look once the official announcement is made in the next couple of weeks. We are also eschewing the more popular "Bo" and "Woody" divisional names for something far more befitting the current climate.

AVARICE DIVISION
Ohio State
Penn State
Iowa
Purdue
Illinois
Indiana

GLUTTONY DIVISION
Michigan
Nebraska
Wisconsin
Northwestern
Minnesota
Michigan State

Thanks for posting..........I am just not looking forward to the change....here in central Ohio.....the buckeyes open their season with Marshall 1 week from tonight....and buckeye fans are talking about the OSU/Michigan rivalry.....and what is going to happen with it......looks like they will definately play each other every year......just may not be the last week of the (regular) season anymore.....like they have the last several decades........too bad imo....

GO BUCKS!!!

Skinny
08-26-2010, 07:18 PM
Interesting. Didnt realize they had these kind of leagues.Not sure when it all started but i played last year to, at cbssports.com. I think just a couple of years now.

Some of the FF points a player can put up at the college level can get pretty crazy. You can even choose which conferences you want to use.

Only thing i'm not too crazy about is they dock points for playing the smaller schools: "A penalty of 25% of the earned fantasy points applies to games vs non Div 1-A teams.". I understand the rule and it's purpose, it is what it is. But there's times when you have no choice but to play a DivII opponent and all of your players are from DivI schools, so the penalty is bound to happen. You just got to hope they go 'Case Keenum' on that ass (559yards w/5TDs against Southern Mississippi last year) and put up 60 FF points. It sucked last year when i first learned of this, my very first game. Thinking at the end of the college football day when all the games were finished i had my game won, only to wake up the next day and find out i lost.

OrangeHoof
08-26-2010, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post

AVARICE DIVISION
Ohio State
Penn State
Iowa
Purdue
Illinois
Indiana

GLUTTONY DIVISION
Michigan
Nebraska
Wisconsin
Northwestern
Minnesota
Michigan State

Wow. That's just awful. Although, I suppose, they can't have the Ohio St/Michigan game be more intense and meaningful than the Big 10 Championship game. Otherwise, I can't understand chancing no Ohio St/Michigan game. That's like having a year without an Army/Navy game or a Harvard/Yale game.

broncophan
08-27-2010, 05:55 AM
Wow. That's just awful. Although, I suppose, they can't have the Ohio St/Michigan game be more intense and meaningful than the Big 10 Championship game. Otherwise, I can't understand chancing no Ohio St/Michigan game. That's like having a year without an Army/Navy game or a Harvard/Yale game.

Even with split divisions they would still play each other...............
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5501871

Ohio State president Gordon Gee told the Dayton Daily News he is in favor of a plan that would put the Buckeyes and Michigan Wolverines in separate divisions when the Big Ten reorganizes.

We want to beat [Michigan] twice.

-- Ohio State president Gordon Gee

The conference added Nebraska as a 12th member, which will force scheduling changes. Wisconsin athletic director Barry Alvarez has said expansion to nine games in conference will happen in 2015.

Gee is also in favor of a schedule in which Michigan and Ohio State would not play the final game of the regular season, as is tradition.

The Buckeyes' fan base may not be in line with the president.

Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith told The (Cleveland) Plain Dealer he has received about 350 fan e-mails -- 90 percent want the Buckeyes and Wolverines to continue to play the final Saturday of the regular season.

"I think in the division or out of the division, you could play the last game," Smith told The Plain Dealer. "There are obviously warts with both of those. But there's no doubt you could do it both ways."

The fear is if the two teams are in different divisions, they would play in the final week of the regular season and turn around and play in the Big Ten title game.

Gee is in favor of playing the Wolverines twice, just not back-to-back.

"We want to beat them twice," Gee told the Daily News.

Nomad
08-28-2010, 09:54 AM
:dance:5 more days to start off D-I CFB season!!!

Here's my games of week 1:

- Pitt @ Utah - a great way to start off the CFB on Thurs night! GO UTES!!

- CU vs CSU - GO RAMS!

- WAZZU @ Okie St - GO COUGS though you'll need alot of divine intervention:D

- UW @ BYU - No dog in this fight but I believe Cougars win!

- Oregon St @ TCU - GO BEAVERS!

- ****LSU @ UNC - game of the week for me! Neutral site at the Georgia Dome and LSU has alot of question marks! It'll be a tough game and a toss up but I'm pulling for the TIGERS to win!! GO TIGERS!

- Boise St vs Va Tech - Interesting game, though I believe Hokies win!!

OrangeHoof
08-28-2010, 02:20 PM
If Boise St. wins, it sets up a whole season full of arguments about whether they deserve to make the National Championship game. All it would take is one loss each from Alabama, Florida and Ohio State and let the debates begin.

broncophan
08-28-2010, 06:01 PM
If Boise St. wins, it sets up a whole season full of arguments about whether they deserve to make the National Championship game. All it would take is one loss each from Alabama, Florida and Ohio State and let the debates begin.

yep.....you are right.....not much of an argument though when you play in a conference and the kind of schedule they do.......I do like watching them play....and loved what they did to Oklahoma a few years ago...

Overtime
08-29-2010, 11:41 PM
OU over Utah State
Notre Dame over Purdue
Kansas over North Dakota State
Middle Tennessee State over Minnesota.

those are my picks!

Dzone
08-29-2010, 11:47 PM
Overall the game had to give everybody a good feeling about this season. Two weeks to rest up for trip to jax. bailey will be healthy...

broncophan
08-30-2010, 04:41 PM
well......GO BUCKS!!!!!!........Thursday night vs. Marshall.......I can remember they played Marshall about 5 or 6 years ago......and were lucky to win.....by 4 points I think......hope it is a little easier this time around.

Overtime
08-30-2010, 07:50 PM
hope Marshall pulls an Appalachian State, and beats Ohio Fake, to throw their National Championship hopes right down the drain from the very start. that would make my day.

:D

broncophan
08-30-2010, 08:09 PM
hope Marshall pulls an Appalachian State, and beats Ohio Fake, to throw their National Championship hopes right down the drain from the very start. that would make my day.

lol.......that would not be good.......

Nomad
08-31-2010, 08:11 AM

:lol:Don't hold your breath or waste your money! OSU will probably win by at least 24 pts!! These aren't the Chad P or Brian L days!!

broncophan
08-31-2010, 12:15 PM
:lol:Don't hold your breath or waste your money! OSU will probably win by at least 24 pts!! These aren't the Chad P or Brian L days!!

yep.....but it is a completely brand new coaching staff etc.....and would be hard, I think, to prepare for.........shouldn't matter.....as long as Ohio State,with their talent, plays well....and does what they are supposed to do.....yes....they should cover the spread.

Nomad
08-31-2010, 12:23 PM
yep.....but it is a completely brand new coaching staff etc.....and would be hard, I think, to prepare for.........shouldn't matter.....as long as Ohio State,with their talent, plays well....and does what they are supposed to do.....yes....they should cover the spread.

Man, they're hyping up this OSU/Miami game!! I never could stand the Hurricane's!!

broncophan
08-31-2010, 12:27 PM
Man, they're hyping up this OSU/Miami game!! I never could stand the Hurricane's!!

Yes.....fans around here are ready....I hate the canes too.....bunch of thugs....
Surprised that they did not change that game to a night game.....will be a 3:30 kickoff......must be alot of big games that second week......Maybe Bama vs. Penn St.........is that week as well??

Skinny
08-31-2010, 03:25 PM
Yes.....fans around here are ready....I hate the canes too.....bunch of thugs....
Surprised that they did not change that game to a night game.....will be a 3:30 kickoff......must be alot of big games that second week......Maybe Bama vs. Penn St.........is that week as well??Yeah, Bama/Penn St is week 2. There's quite a few really good matchups that day. Here's a pretty good listing of all the games that will be televised throughout the season...

2010 College Football TV Schedule (http://lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm)

Skinny
08-31-2010, 03:58 PM
Masoli denied, Ole Miss appeals (http://blogs.clarionledger.com/um/2010/08/31/masoli-denied-ole-miss-appeals/)

Rod Walker
August 31, 2010

OXFORD, Miss. — Ole Miss appealed an NCAA waiver decision Tuesday that would restrict Jeremiah Masoli from playing football for the Rebels until 2011.

The Ole Miss appeal of the NCAA staff’s decision will now be reviewed by an NCAA subcommittee. A response could be expected as early as Friday but no later than one week.

Nomad
08-31-2010, 08:26 PM
Masoli denied, Ole Miss appeals (http://blogs.clarionledger.com/um/2010/08/31/masoli-denied-ole-miss-appeals/)

That's too bad, I wanted to see what he could do this year against SEC teams!

Skinny
09-01-2010, 05:21 AM
That's too bad, I wanted to see what he could do this year against SEC teams!So did/does the Ole Miss fans.

Skinny
09-01-2010, 05:26 AM
I'm so tired of hearing the media baby Boise State. I hope Virginia Teck kicks their ass!

broncophan
09-01-2010, 05:34 AM
I'm so tired of hearing the media baby Boise State. I hope Virginia Teck kicks their ass!

......I was listening to espn radio the other day.....and Colin Cowherd was actually talking realistically about Boise St......it was good to hear someone stating the facts.....he went over their record the last few years vs. "big boy schools"....as he put it......and it was not very good....

I do like what Boise St. did against Oklahoma a few years ago....

Skinny
09-01-2010, 05:54 AM
......I was listening to espn radio the other day.....and Colin Cowherd was actually talking realistically about Boise St......it was good to hear someone stating the facts.....he went over their record the last few years vs. "big boy schools"....as he put it......and it was not very good....

I've got nothing against them, their a really good football team. But when you play the #117 ranked SOS out of 120 Div-1A football teams (2009), you don't earn the right over the course of the season to play for the National Championship IMHO, undefeated or not.

Their SOS is a little better this year ranked at #87 but still, Vanderbilt would probably go 8-4 playing that schedule.

broncophan
09-01-2010, 06:25 AM
Yep.....It really is hard to find anything wrong with any team that calls themselves the broncos....:)

I agree with SOS.....have not really looked at their schedule.....but as weak as their conference is......they should at least try to play a couple big time programs before their conference play...

Nomad
09-01-2010, 07:55 AM
This is an Iowa Olineman! Dude's lucky to walk away from this!

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/01/iowa-player-lucky-to-be-among-the-living-following-bike-wreck/

Other news, BYU for sure going independent in football and heading to the WCC for other sports!!

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/31/report-byu-to-take-the-football-independence-route/

BroncoNut
09-01-2010, 08:12 AM
This is an Iowa Olineman! Dude's lucky to walk away from this!

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/01/iowa-player-lucky-to-be-among-the-living-following-bike-wreck/

Other news, BYU for sure going independent in football and heading to the WCC for other sports!!

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/31/report-byu-to-take-the-football-independence-route/

ah, it wasn't that bad of a hit really. I mean, could've killed him of course, but I would think the chances of that are slimmer than what is being led to believe. Either that or Iowans are just more resilient than normal :whoknows:

Nomad
09-01-2010, 09:52 AM
ah, it wasn't that bad of a hit really. I mean, could've killed him of course, but I would think the chances of that are slimmer than what is being led to believe. Either that or Iowans are just more resilient than normal :whoknows:

I always thought of the Hawkeye teams as tough mofos!!

Skinny
09-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Yep.....It really is hard to find anything wrong with any team that calls themselves the broncos....:)

I agree with SOS.....have not really looked at their schedule.....but as weak as their conference is......they should at least try to play a couple big time programs before their conference play...Boise States schedule...

#6Virginia Tech at Fed Ex Field
Wyoming at Laramie, WY
#22Oregon State Bronco Stadium
New Mexico State * at Las Cruces, NM
Toledo Bronco Stadium
San Jose State * at San Jose, CA
Louisiana Tech * Bronco Stadium
Hawai'i * Bronco Stadium
Idaho * at Moscow, ID
Fresno State * Bronco Stadium
Nevada * at Reno, NV
Utah State * Bronco Stadium

*conference games

OrangeHoof
09-01-2010, 03:25 PM

One of the best games of all time. I have it copied on DVD.

:beer:

broncophan
09-01-2010, 03:56 PM
Boise States schedule...

#6Virginia Tech at Fed Ex Field
Wyoming at Laramie, WY
#22Oregon State Bronco Stadium
New Mexico State * at Las Cruces, NM
Toledo Bronco Stadium
San Jose State * at San Jose, CA
Louisiana Tech * Bronco Stadium
Hawai'i * Bronco Stadium
Idaho * at Moscow, ID
Fresno State * Bronco Stadium
Nevada * at Reno, NV
Utah State * Bronco Stadium

*conference games

Wow.......get that weak shit outta' here.....lol
That weak conference schedule is what really makes that look bad.
My buckeyes.....like other big time programs schedule lesser opponents before their conference play....but at least the conference competition is very competitive.

broncophan
09-01-2010, 03:58 PM
One of the best games of all time. I have it copied on DVD.

:beer:

yep......I cant remember seeing a better game.......that was alot of fun to watch.

Nomad
09-01-2010, 04:11 PM

Like Bob Ryan just said, 'Boise St needs to put up or shut up'. Boise St has to win this game to get to a BCS game with the weak schedule they have. I don't think beating ORST would be enough! Though I believe Va Tech will win, it's practically a home game for them!!

South Carolina has a tough one this year!!

broncophan
09-01-2010, 04:29 PM
Like Bob Ryan just said, 'Boise St needs to put up or shut up'. Boise St has to win this game to get to a BCS game with the weak schedule they have. I don't think beating ORST would be enough! Though I believe Va Tech will win, it's practically a home game for them!!

South Carolina has a tough one this year!!

yea.....beating Oregon St. would not be enough....I am looking forward to seeing the qb, Moore?....play on Monday.....have heard alot of talk about him.

Skinny
09-01-2010, 04:44 PM
UNC will be without stud DT Marvin Austin for the LSU game nomad, he's suspended indefinitely for violating team rules according to Butch Davis. You hate to see it happen but it is what it is, LSU needs to take advantage of it.

The Boise State/VTech game should be a dandy. Go Hokies!

Nomad
09-01-2010, 05:53 PM
UNC will be without stud DT Marvin Austin for the LSU game nomad, he's suspended indefinitely for violating team rules according to Butch Davis. You hate to see it happen but it is what it is, LSU needs to take advantage of it.

The Boise State/VTech game should be a dandy. Go Hokies!

I wanted UNC to be at full strength to see where LSU stood against strong teams. Regardless, UNC will give LSU a tough game and I still consider this game a toss up but I give the Tigers a win (optimism:D).

OrangeHoof
09-01-2010, 07:21 PM
Give Boise and Va Tech some props for putting this game together. A lot of times, better colleges avoid a school like Boise or Fresno because they don't want to risk the L in a "tune up" game. So people complain about these schools not playing anyone tough when the tough schools are afraid to schedule them.

Overtime
09-01-2010, 10:29 PM
lol.......that would not be good.......

you're right, it wouldn't be good, it would be ******* awesome. :lol:

depends on which Terrell Pryor shows up to play. if it's fumbling/pick throwing Pryor, Marshall has a chance.

if it's run and gun Pryor, well the Suckeyes will win.

OrangeHoof
09-02-2010, 02:19 AM
Saw this elsewhere....

A man goes up to a bar and asks another man if he'd like to hear a Buckeye joke.

"Sure," says the man at the bar, "but before you tell me, I must tell you that this fellow next to me is 6-2 and 230 lbs and attended Ohio State University and the guy next to him is 6-3 and 250 lbs and went to Ohio State and the fellow beside him is 6-5 and 275 lbs and went to Ohio State. So, do you still want to tell this joke?"

"No," he replied. "Not if I have to explain it three times."

broncophan
09-02-2010, 05:25 AM
Saw this elsewhere....

A man goes up to a bar and asks another man if he'd like to hear a Buckeye joke.

"Sure," says the man at the bar, "but before you tell me, I must tell you that this fellow next to me is 6-2 and 230 lbs and attended Ohio State University and the guy next to him is 6-3 and 250 lbs and went to Ohio State and the fellow beside him is 6-5 and 275 lbs and went to Ohio State. So, do you still want to tell this joke?"

"No," he replied. "Not if I have to explain it three times."

I don't know you.....but I don't like you................:lol:

GO BUCKS!!..........:beer:

broncophan
09-02-2010, 05:41 AM
you're right, it wouldn't be good, it would be ******* awesome. :lol:

depends on which Terrell Pryor shows up to play. if it's fumbling/pick throwing Pryor, Marshall has a chance.

if it's run and gun Pryor, well the Suckeyes will win.

MAN.....OH.....MAN.....there is so much hate for the buckeyes.......lol

Terrell Pryor has been getting alot of hype for the Heisman......not really sure he deserves it.....he has been average at best over the last 2 seasons....but was young....he now has 2 seasons under his belt....was good to see Tressel open up the offense with him in the bowl game against Oregon last year.......Pryor had a helluva game........let's hope for more of the same...:D

Nomad
09-02-2010, 12:46 PM
16 players UNC having to sit!!:tsk: Man, they really screwed this game. LSU will have to bury their heads in the sand if they lose!! Now it's a toss up which is the better game of the night.....UW/BYU, ORST/TCU, or LSU/UNC!!

Nomad
09-02-2010, 02:36 PM
Previously watching Outside The Lines and now CFB Live, what school isn't under investigation??

broncophan
09-02-2010, 03:27 PM
O.K...........about 3 hours to kick off..................GO BUCKS!!!!

Nomad
09-02-2010, 04:03 PM
O.K...........about 3 hours to kick off..................GO BUCKS!!!!

Should be a walk in the park for OSU!

Here's a good preview of the LSU/UNC game! We agree on the top games of week 1 but I'm surprised he didn't put down the upset of the week being WAZZU over Okie St!!:lol::drinking:

http://www.halftimespeech.com/2010/game-of-the-week-lsu-vs-unc/

BTW, Good luck to your Gamecocks tonight Skinny!!:salute:

broncophan
09-02-2010, 06:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVpdLQccADc

The band preparing to enter "The Skull Session"

ahhh.....The tradition of college football.....it is about alot more than football......the band's entrance to the basketball arena about an hour or two before the FOOTBALL game where it will be packed....with fans waiting to see and here the band.....and watch coach Tressel and the football team walk through.....and listen to Tressel's brief comments before heading to the shoe.

Northman
09-02-2010, 06:06 PM

Terrell Pryor has been getting alot of hype for the Heisman......not really sure he deserves it.....he has been average at best over the last 2 seasons....but was young....he now has 2 seasons under his belt....was good to see Tressel open up the offense with him in the bowl game against Oregon last year.......Pryor had a helluva game........let's hope for more of the same...:D

Yea, cant stand them. But i admire your passion for them.

broncophan
09-02-2010, 06:08 PM
Yea, cant stand them. But i admire your passion for them.

lol...thx north...but ..c'mon man .......there is always room for more buckeye fans.....

Nomad
09-02-2010, 06:28 PM
lol...thx north...but ..c'mon man .......there is always room for more buckeye fans.....

I don't mind the Buckeyes but they're probably considered the 'Yankees' of college football! Texass is my 'Yankees' of college football....can't stand them!!

Northman
09-02-2010, 10:48 PM
Man, the Utah coach has to be punching himself in the nuts right about now. He had the win until he called the 2nd timeout. lmao.

Overtime. I think Pitt is going to get out of this one.

Northman
09-02-2010, 10:50 PM
I stand corrected. Utah just intercepted the Panthers on the first play on their drive. Utah with a chance to end it.

Northman
09-02-2010, 10:56 PM
And Utah pulls the opening upset on #15 Pitt 27-24.

OrangeHoof
09-03-2010, 12:49 AM
Was it really an upset? By rankings, yes but I've felt Pitt has been overrated for several years now. It will be a good talking point for Utah, however, when it comes to BCS at large talk if it comes to that. I'm sure Pitt will finish their usual 8-4 and be overrated in the polls.

Northman
09-03-2010, 12:54 AM
Was it really an upset? By rankings, yes but I've felt Pitt has been overrated for several years now. It will be a good talking point for Utah, however, when it comes to BCS at large talk if it comes to that. I'm sure Pitt will finish their usual 8-4 and be overrated in the polls.

Cant really argue with you as i feel the same way. But rankings wise it was an upset. But ive always hated ranking teams at the beginning of the year anyway.

weazel
09-03-2010, 10:25 AM
damn Ohio St looked good... I hope Miami can hang with them and keep it close 'til the end

Overtime
09-03-2010, 02:30 PM

well that's good for Pryor because the Heisman isn't based on how well you perform over the course of your career, it's based on who was the most outstanding player in all of college football.

fwiw i hope he throws a ton of INT"s, fumbles a billion times, and I hope the Wolverines (I hate Michigan too) beats the tar out of you guys this year. :lol:

im sure North is with me when I say i'd rather have a root canal, a spinal tap and a labotomy with no anesthesia before I'd ever become a fan of Ohio State....lolz.

damn Ohio St looked good... I hope Miami can hang with them and keep it close 'til the end

they played Marshall.....:coffee: not the Florida Gators, not Alabama, BUT MARSHALL!

of course they looked good, Marshall couldn't play it's way out of a wet paper bag.

wait till Ohio State plays a top tier team and plays like that, then you can say they look good.

broncophan
09-03-2010, 02:35 PM
lol......it's gonna' be alot of fun this season....

Yes the bucks looked good.......special teams did not play well though......and yes it was Marshall.....

Bring on tha Canes.....then we will see where we stand early on in the season....

GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

Overtime
09-03-2010, 02:38 PM
well, disappointed with the loss last night to the Minnesota Golden Gophers, but I'm proud of the way MTSU played last night. we got down 14-0 early, but came roaring back before the half to tie it up.

In the 3rd quarter we forced a 3 and out, then got a decent little drive going, but had to settle for 3.

Minnesota got a little a drive of their own going, but like MTSU had to settle for a field goal to tie it up in early in the 4th.

MTSU then had a few unsuccesful drives that resulted in 3 and outs. Finally with 11 minutes remaining in the games, the Golden Gophers ate up the clock with a drive that killed nearly 8 minutes, and punched it in for the go ahead touchdown.

MTSU got the ball back on the ensuing kickoff, but fumbled on the return giving the Golden Guinea Pigs the ball and the victory.

that said, DAMN good effort by a Sun Belt Conference team against a Big 10 team. further more we were down 14-0 about to be down 17-0, but the Gophers misses a field goal which swung some momentum MTSU's way. Proud of my boys! It's just a shame we didnt have QB Dwight Dasher last night who is currently suspended for accepting $1500 to gamble on poker. Should have him back in 2 weeks though. That game might have been a lot different had he played.

Final score

Golden Guinea Pigs 24
Blue Raiders 17

broncophan
09-03-2010, 02:43 PM
well, disappointed with the loss last night to the Minnesota Golden Gophers, but I'm proud of the way MTSU played last night. we got down 14-0 early, but came roaring back before the half to tie it up.

In the 3rd quarter we forced a 3 and out, then got a decent little drive going, but had to settle for 3.

Minnesota got a little a drive of their own going, but like MTSU had to settle for a field goal to tie it up in early in the 4th.

MTSU then had a few unsuccesful drives that resulted in 3 and outs. Finally with 11 minutes remaining in the games, the Golden Gophers ate up the clock with a drive that killed nearly 8 minutes, and punched it in for the go ahead touchdown.

MTSU got the ball back on the ensuing kickoff, but fumbled on the return giving the Golden Guinea Pigs the ball and the victory.

that said, DAMN good effort by a Sun Belt Conference team against a Big 10 team. further more we were down 14-0 about to be down 17-0, but the Gophers misses a field goal which swung some momentum MTSU's way. Proud of my boys! It's just a shame we didnt have QB Dwight Dasher last night who is currently suspended for accepting $1500 to gamble on poker. Should have him back in 2 weeks though. That game might have been a lot different had he played.

Final score

Golden Guinea Pigs 24
Blue Raiders 17

Looked like a good game.....I flipped over there during commercials of the OSU game.......I thought you guys had them.

Northman
09-03-2010, 02:51 PM
The Pitt/Utah game was great. The USC/Hawaii game was bollocks.

UVA will be facing Richmond Saturday which is our new HC's old team. Ought to be interesting.

Skinny
09-03-2010, 04:03 PM
Kinda glad to hear this. Anything too make the games more fun and exciting...

Subcommittee allows Masoli to compete immediately (http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/ncaa/resources/latest+news/2010+news+stories/september+latest+news/subcommittee+allows+jeremiah+masoli+to+compete+imm ediately)

University of Mississippi football student-athlete Jeremiah Masoli may compete immediately, according to a decision today by the NCAA Division I Subcommittee for Legislative Relief. The subcommittee’s decision overturns the staff decision to grant the graduate student transfer waiver with the condition that Masoli could not compete until the 2011-12 academic year.

weazel
09-03-2010, 04:12 PM

Subcommittee allows Masoli to compete immediately (http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/ncaa/resources/latest+news/2010+news+stories/september+latest+news/subcommittee+allows+jeremiah+masoli+to+compete+imm ediately)

I dont like it

Skinny
09-03-2010, 04:38 PM
I dont like itI understand.

Nomad
09-03-2010, 06:08 PM

Though Ole Miss just got a little tougher, I want to see what Masoli can do in the SEC and he's lucky to have Nutt as a coach!!

Skinny
09-04-2010, 08:02 AM
Hell to the yeah. College football saturday is here! The only thing i have planned today is a hair cut which i'm about to go get now and then it's just me, a plate full of chicken pai thai from my favorite thai restraunt, and my couch. I'm like a pig in slop.

Skinny
09-04-2010, 08:08 AM
Though Ole Miss just got a little tougher, I want to see what Masoli can do in the SEC and he's lucky to have Nutt as a coach!!I don't know nomad, Nutt's offense is more designed for your pocket passers like Snead. Masoli played in more of a spread-option attack at Oregon which is quite a bit diffrent. Alot of folks think this thing is'nt going to mesh from what i've read. It's going to be interesting to see how each one can adjust to one another. It may be no big deal but fun to watch regardless.

Nomad
09-04-2010, 08:16 AM
I don't know nomad, Nutt's offense is more designed for your pocket passers like Snead. Masoli played in more of a spread-option attack at Oregon which is quite a bit diffrent. Alot of folks think this thing is'nt going to mesh from what i've read. It's going to be interesting to see how each one can adjust to one another. It may be no big deal but fun to watch regardless.

That's what I mean, if anyone can teach him, H. Nutt is a good coach to be under. It's up to Masoli to make it work, that's the reason I'm interested to see how he does!

Funny! Watching Gameday on ESPNU, WAZZU has 4 flags flying! I thought maybe FSN would carry the game here but they have NDSU/Kansas:yawn: I know WAZZU's gonna get tore up but I wanted to see what kind of team they had. :ohwell:UW/BYU will start at the same time and an hour before the LSU/UNC game so that'll be my entertainment until then!!

Nomad
09-04-2010, 08:21 AM
Hell to the yeah. College football saturday is here! The only thing i have planned today is a hair cut which i'm about to go get now and then it's just me, a plate full of chicken pai thai from my favorite thai restraunt, and my couch. I'm like a pig in slop.

I'm going to clean out my shed after coffee/breakfast and maybe take my sons dove hunting for a little while, but it's great!!:beer:

Skinny
09-04-2010, 08:53 AM
I'm going to clean out my shed after coffee/breakfast and maybe take my sons dove hunting for a little while, but it's great!!:beer:
Is it dove season already? I have'nt been in forever. Good luck.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Nomad
09-04-2010, 09:00 AM
Is it dove season already? I have'nt been in forever. Good luck.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Opened Sept 1 but it's no where near the action as down South! Well, I better get off my rearend and get busy!! Take it easy Skinny!!:beer:

Northman
09-04-2010, 11:45 AM
Miami (Ohio) giving Florida everything they can handle right now. Early in the 2nd Miami up 3-0 on the 4th ranked Gators.

Skinny
09-04-2010, 11:54 AM
Yeah, Gators offense is struggling.

Buff
09-04-2010, 12:51 PM
10 minutes to gametime. Go Buffs!

Northman
09-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Ever since the Gator INT they have been rolling. Still look a bit rusty though.

Skinny
09-04-2010, 01:00 PM
I've got the ULL (Louisiana-Lafeyette) Georgia game too. Murray has been pretty impressive despite the competition. Smart, nice mobility, accurate, and his arm strength is good enough.

Justin Houston looks like a natural switching to the OLB position in Georgia's new 3-4.

OrangeHoof
09-04-2010, 01:08 PM
10 minutes to gametime. Go Buffs!

Where is this game on tv? You'd think Colorado-CSU would be a more attractive matchup but I'm not finding it on TV listings anywhere. It's not even on Versus. Who knows where this game is being shown?

Skinny
09-04-2010, 01:15 PM
Where is this game on tv? You'd think Colorado-CSU would be a more attractive matchup but I'm not finding it on TV listings anywhere. It's not even on Versus. Who knows where this game is being shown?Mountain West Sports Network is what's being listed on one site.

OrangeHoof
09-04-2010, 01:30 PM
I guess that's not available on my system. With all the crappy matchups available on various networks, I just felt this would rate a better tv coverage - Versus, ESPN, GamePlan, CBS College, somebody. Thanks for the info.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-04-2010, 01:38 PM
Mountain West Sports Network is what's being listed on one site.

Yes, it is on the MTN - CU 7 - CSU 0 - with a little over 2 mins left in 1st qtr

broncophan
09-04-2010, 01:43 PM
25 total yards for Florida.....and now in the 4th qtr.....
and .....it still looks like they will win.

BroncoAV06
09-04-2010, 01:53 PM
Well Florida sure misses Tebow and Pouncey, around 12 bad snaps, 90 yards of total offense into the 4th. Ok they lead 27-12 but have fun with those SEC defenses.

Skinny
09-04-2010, 01:59 PM
Florida has one more slight tune-up game next week against S.Florida, which will be tough if they play like this, before traveling to Tennessee.

honz
09-04-2010, 02:20 PM
With all the beautiful women in the state of Colorado, that's the best looking cheerleaders CU can come up with? Highly disappointing.

BroncoAV06
09-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Well just hoping New Mexico can cover the 35pt spread vs Oregon. Have salmon and berries on the line!

Overtime
09-04-2010, 03:04 PM
Wooooot!!! Notre Dame defense with the pick!!!!! Let's go Irish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Northman
09-04-2010, 03:06 PM
Wooooot!!! Notre Dame defense with the pick!!!!! Let's go Irish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can honestly say this is the one time i hope the Irish win. F Maryland.

Overtime
09-04-2010, 03:13 PM
I can honestly say this is the one time i hope the Irish win. F Maryland.

:confused: ugh we're playing Purdue.

but the Irish is looking sharp on both sides of the ball. Defense got the pick, offense was solid, running the ball at will, and the QB is sharp, with some nice crisp passes to find open receivers.

7-0 Irish!

honz
09-04-2010, 03:16 PM
Well just hoping New Mexico can cover the 35pt spread vs Oregon. Have salmon and berries on the line!
I'm looking to see if the Utah State Aggies can stay within 50 of my Dad's Sooners. Poor kids have to go get embarrassed so Utah State can get their payday of the year.

Northman
09-04-2010, 03:17 PM
:confused: ugh we're playing Purdue.

but the Irish is looking sharp on both sides of the ball. Defense got the pick, offense was solid, running the ball at will, and the QB is sharp, with some nice crisp passes to find open receivers.

7-0 Irish!

Oh thats right. I got them confused with Navy. My bad.

Overtime
09-04-2010, 03:20 PM
damn, Colorado State is getting their asses beat by Colorado and badly. 17-0 :(

Overtime
09-04-2010, 03:27 PM
10-0 Irish! looking pretty solid for a team with a new offense, new defense, and new coaching staff.

ND is getting back to the fundamentals of football, and that's good defense and running the football. liking what I am seeing so far!

Northman
09-04-2010, 03:29 PM
The only problem with most early games in the year is they are mainly blowouts. The Pitt/Utah one was good the other night but most have been blowouts. VaTech/Boise St and LSU/UNC should be good though.

BroncoAV06
09-04-2010, 03:33 PM
Ah lol, Oregon 28 UNM 0 end 1st qtr.

Why the hell did I think they could cover the spread?

Holy heck batman.

Overtime
09-04-2010, 03:45 PM
Irish up 10-3. very solid looking football team right now.

im excited for next weekend.

Ohio State vs the U

and Florida State vs. Oklahoma....those should be 2 really good games!

god i love football season!

BroncoAV06
09-04-2010, 03:50 PM
UNM down 42-0 with 7min left in 2nd qtr.

honz
09-04-2010, 03:57 PM
LOL. Poor Lobos.

broncophan
09-04-2010, 03:58 PM
Michigan playing well right now vs UCONN.....21-3

Looks like all that extra practice time might be starting to pay off....

Buff
09-04-2010, 03:59 PM
Nice win for the Buffs. Defense looks solid, offense is much improved at WR and QB. Next week's game in Cal will be a good preview of the soon-to-be annual Pac-10 hippie bowl. :D

Buff
09-04-2010, 04:00 PM
With all the beautiful women in the state of Colorado, that's the best looking cheerleaders CU can come up with? Highly disappointing.

You're like the 4th person whose commented on that. My dad said something and two of my CSU friends did as well...

Gotta get in the gym girls, this is Big 12 football on HD. It ain't intramurals.

honz
09-04-2010, 04:01 PM
Keeps getting worse for the Lobos...

OrangeHoof
09-04-2010, 04:20 PM
Nice win for CU. They usually struggle with the Rams.

Oklahoma is available here as PPV. I think we would get more buys down here if they labelled it "Aggies-Sooners" instead of "Utah St. at Oklahoma".

Texas has looked mostly good against Rice. Gave up a fluke TD just before halftime.

Buff
09-04-2010, 04:20 PM
Keeps getting worse for the Lobos...

Hopefully they got a nice payday for that horrendous beatdown.

honz
09-04-2010, 04:22 PM
59-0 Oregon over UNM at the half. What a disgrace to the MWC...

Overtime
09-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Touchdown Irish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 20-3 in the 3rd quarter!

the Irish are just looking great today! They look well prepared, they are executing in all phases of the game.

Props to Brian Kelly and his staff for having this team prepared to play. I'm very impressed. Something that has been lacking with this ND team for a few years was being prepared. They really look like a disciplined football team out there!

Overtime
09-04-2010, 04:51 PM
lolz!!!! Texas is only up on Rice 24-10??? seriously?

they should be destroying Rice like 55-0. how sad.

Overtime
09-04-2010, 05:01 PM
Irish Defense looking tenacious!!!!! just got another INT!

Overtime
09-04-2010, 05:45 PM
woooot! Irish win!!!!! 23-12!!!!!

got a little sloppy in the 2nd half, but overall Notre Dame looked pretty darn good.

I like Brian Kelley's confidence, but he's not arrogant like Weis was, he's pretty humble.

Nomad
09-04-2010, 05:50 PM
hey broncophan......Wolverines coming after your Buckeyes.....they'll have nightmares of the Mich QB!!!:lol: Just giving you a hard time!!

Overtime
09-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Ruh-Roh!!!! Upset Alert,

Jacksonville State has tied it up with Ole Miss 34-34.

it's going to OVERTIME!!!!!

Nomad
09-04-2010, 05:52 PM
Ruh-Roh!!!! Upset Alert,

Jacksonville State has tied it up with Ole Miss 34-34.

it's going to OVERTIME!!!!!

WOW! Damn I can't catch the game!! Did Masoli play??

Overtime
09-04-2010, 05:54 PM
WOW! Damn I can't catch the game!! Did Masoli play??

i don't know. i heard he was cleared to play, so i assume so. but flip over to ESPN if ya can...they're keeping everyone updated.

Nomad
09-04-2010, 05:56 PM
UW/BYU game in 5 minutes. Locker knows better this time to throw the ball away!!:lol:

GO BEAVERS kick the Horned Frogs asses!!

Overtime
09-04-2010, 05:57 PM
oh shit!!! Jville State just scored! 41-34 OT. Ole Miss with the ball.

Overtime
09-04-2010, 05:59 PM
K-state wins over UCLA. 31-22

Overtime
09-04-2010, 06:05 PM
48-41 in OT. JVILLE ST with the ball on OT2

Skinny
09-04-2010, 06:10 PM
Damn, TD JState!

Overtime
09-04-2010, 06:10 PM
holy bat shit!!! JSU just answered back on an incredible catch!!!!

going to 3OT!!!!

Skinny
09-04-2010, 06:12 PM
JState with the upset.

Overtime
09-04-2010, 06:12 PM
wow!!!! JVILLE STATE goes for 2 in 2OT, and wins!!!!

upsets Ole Miss!!!

Nomad
09-04-2010, 06:13 PM
:beer:They changed NDSU/Kansas game to WAZZU/Okie St game! WAZZU already fumble in OKST redzone:tsk: Cougs are in for an ass whoppin!!
7-0 Cowboys!!:tsk:

3 OTs for Ole Miss and Jac St....who would have thought!!

Nomad
09-04-2010, 06:15 PM

upsets Ole Miss!!!

Damn! Reading your messages I thought for sure they were going to 3 OTs! Can't say I feel bad for Ole Miss:D though I like to see SEC teams win non conference games!!

Nomad
09-04-2010, 06:19 PM
Good God....WAZZU needs Mike Price back!!

Huskies 7-0 over BYU!!

Overtime
09-04-2010, 06:19 PM
yeah i thought they were too, but JSU surprised me by going for 2 to get the win in 2OT.

the shovel pass forward was awesome to get the 2 for the win.

i love seeing SEC teams lose haha...now they're in the doghouse with Michigan when they lost to Appalachian State.

Nomad
09-04-2010, 06:24 PM
Not that there is anything wrong with it, but is Jac St one of those all black colleges like Grambling and Southern!!

Skinny
09-04-2010, 06:25 PM
Not that there is anything wrong with it, but is Jac St one of those all black colleges like Grambling and Southern!!Yes.

Nomad
09-04-2010, 06:28 PM
Yes.

Damn Skinny! I'm like a kid in a candy store flipping between all these games! :beer:

BroncoWave
09-04-2010, 06:32 PM
HAHAHAHA Ole Miss sucks. That freaking makes my day. That and Mississippi State is whooping up on Memphis so far.

Skinny
09-04-2010, 06:32 PM
Damn Skinny! I'm like a kid in a candy store flipping between all these games! :beer:Good luck to your Tigers, i'll be pulling for them.

Overtime
09-04-2010, 06:40 PM
HAHAHAHA Ole Miss sucks. That freaking makes my day. That and Mississippi State is whooping up on Memphis so far.

yes I hate Ole Miss too. Houston Nutt's a joke, everyone thinks he's some kind of genius, but he's not really that great of a coach.

Memphis ain't shit, MTSU dispatched them easily last year, i went to that game, and we'll do it again this year...but that games in Memphis, so I will not be going, as I have no desire to get shot just because I cheer when MTSU scores a touchdown. :eek:

Overtime
09-04-2010, 06:41 PM
OU up on Utah State 7-0.

Nebraska up on W. Kentucky 14-0.

TCU vs Oregon State starting NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nomad
09-04-2010, 06:46 PM
Huskies started off good but BYU have dug in their heels and Huskies are struggling!!

BroncoWave
09-04-2010, 06:49 PM
yes I hate Ole Miss too. Houston Nutt's a joke, everyone thinks he's some kind of genius, but he's not really that great of a coach.

Memphis ain't shit, MTSU dispatched them easily last year, i went to that game, and we'll do it again this year...but that games in Memphis, so I will not be going, as I have no desire to get shot just because I cheer when MTSU scores a touchdown. :eek:

Yeah Houston Nutt is REALLY overrated. I'm not gonna lie though, not even I saw that loss coming. They come to Tulane next week and now I feel like we actually have a chance.

Overtime
09-04-2010, 06:49 PM
this QB for Oregon State has a big arm, and I can see he has a lot of confidence radiating from him. he'll be a sure fire NFL draft pick.

he's a big boy too.

Overtime
09-04-2010, 06:51 PM
Yeah Houston Nutt is REALLY overrated. I'm not gonna lie though, not even I saw that loss coming. They come to Tulane next week and now I feel like we actually have a chance.

unfortunately Ole Miss will come out mad as hell next week and take it out on your Tulane team.

they're embarrassed, hurt, and wounded right now. but who knows, y'all might pull the upset. I hope you do though!

BroncoWave
09-04-2010, 06:53 PM
unfortunately Ole Miss will come out mad as hell next week and take it out on your Tulane team.

they're embarrassed, hurt, and wounded right now. but who knows, y'all might pull the upset. I hope you do though!

You're probably right, that does worry me. Tulane tends to bring their A game for SEC teams though so I think they can at least keep it close. Regardless though, I am very excited for that game.

Overtime
09-04-2010, 06:54 PM
TCU just got picked off by Oregon St.

Overtime
09-04-2010, 06:55 PM
damn!!! big throw, easy catch. TD Beavers.

Nomad
09-04-2010, 06:57 PM
BYU are some tough mofos!!

Overtime
09-04-2010, 07:00 PM
barring an epic collapse, there will be no upset of the Crimson Tide tonight by San Jose State.

Bama 21
SJSt 3

early in the first

Nomad
09-04-2010, 07:03 PM
Again I will say I'm disappointed in UNC having to dismantled almost their whole starting defense except the LBs and their RBs. If LSU loses this game, Les Miles deserves to be fired tonight!!!

Buff
09-04-2010, 07:04 PM
Beavers vs Horned Frogs in the battle of awesome mascots.

Overtime
09-04-2010, 07:04 PM
TD TCU. all tied at 7

Nomad
09-04-2010, 07:06 PM

Never can go wrong with a Beaver!!:D

Nomad
09-04-2010, 07:11 PM
Huskies back on top!!

MSST on ESPNU:beer:

LSU about to kickoff:beer:!!

BroncoWave
09-04-2010, 07:15 PM
I'm so pissed I don't get the U and can't watch the MSU game. None of the online streams are working either.

Overtime
09-04-2010, 07:16 PM
Never can go wrong with a Beaver!!:D

especially a bald one.....:laugh:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYFqKC98NmG5-AtutS_spVYxxoPH7bpts7WALXOVKohinT5Xo&t=1&usg=__2Cc6Xbp2z_BRkw64_2ouRU4XP_U=

Nomad
09-04-2010, 07:21 PM
WOW! Tigers flunk their first series!!:tsk:

Nomad
09-04-2010, 07:29 PM
BYU's ST (punter)kicking ass

Nomad
09-04-2010, 07:32 PM
I am a big LSU fan but also their critic! So far what I have seen, they are lucky the starting defense has been depleted!!

Overtime
09-04-2010, 07:33 PM
LSU up 7-0.

Overtime
09-04-2010, 07:38 PM
Beavers up 14-7

Nomad
09-04-2010, 07:39 PM
53yd FG by the Huskies......Huskies 17 BYU 13 at the half!!

Overtime
09-04-2010, 08:04 PM
14-14 tied for TCU/OR State

gnomeflinger
09-04-2010, 08:06 PM
My husband is keeping a close eye on Jake Locker.

Nomad
09-04-2010, 08:08 PM

Great game so far for the Huskies/BYU!! But WAZZU is sucking!!:(

Nomad
09-04-2010, 08:17 PM
WOW! LSU and Les Miles are lucky because of NCAA sanctions....UNC would be killing LSU if not!! It's like watching the DiNordo years again!!:tsk:

Skinny
09-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Been a bad day for snaps. Nice break for LSU.

OrangeHoof
09-04-2010, 08:29 PM

upsets Ole Miss!!!

All Hail the mighty SEC! They're the best conference, top to bottom, no other teams deserve to be on the same field with the almighty SEC...

eh, oh wait.

What conference is Jacksonville St in? For that matter, what state is Jacksonville St in??

BroncoWave
09-04-2010, 08:30 PM
All Hail the mighty SEC! They're the best conference, top to bottom, no other teams deserve to be on the same field with the almighty SEC...

eh, oh wait.

What conference is Jacksonville St in? For that matter, what state is Jacksonville St in??

OVC, Alabama

OrangeHoof
09-04-2010, 08:32 PM

Or battle of the sexual euphemisms.

OrangeHoof
09-04-2010, 08:35 PM

Be worried if he's taking a really close eye on him. :laugh:

Nomad
09-04-2010, 08:39 PM
BYU 23 Wash 17 and BYU is driving

Nomad
09-04-2010, 08:43 PM
I'm cheering my ass off for LSU but I know it ain't right with UNC's situation!

Nomad
09-04-2010, 08:49 PM
BTB, I don't consider Memphis a pushover and I don't consider them a world beater but MSST is making a statement tonight! Damn!!:shocked: 49-0 Dawgs!!

Overtime
09-04-2010, 08:51 PM
jesus tits, Ryan Katz has a ******* cannon strapped to his arm. if he can work on his timing, he's gonna be good!

Overtime
09-04-2010, 08:52 PM
oh! Jefferson got in trouble and threw off his back foot with the blitz coming, and it got picked. but no danger really, half is almost over, and the score is 30-10.

Nomad
09-04-2010, 08:54 PM
NDSU!!!! Dream and his buddies are having a great time! Kansas isn't impressing!!:ohwell:

Nomad
09-04-2010, 09:02 PM
Overtime! Another Mich/App St scenerio! NDSU upsets KU:shocked:!!

Overtime
09-04-2010, 09:03 PM
NDSU!!!! Dream and his buddies are having a great time! Kansas isn't impressing!!:ohwell:

:tsk:

I am not impressed whatsoever with the hiring of Turner Gill. KU was in a big ass hurry to hire someone, instead they could have waited and gotten either Mike Leach or that coach out of Houston (can't remember if it was an OC or a HC), or they could have lured Tulsa's head coach away.

but no, they hired a friggin loser, with a losing record. :mad::tsk:

and now we suck. We should be trouncing NDSU tonight, instead we've turned the ball over 3 times. pathetic...aboslutely pathetic.

they were in a big ass hurry to fire Mangino, and he was the best thing we ever had going at that school. but now we're reaping what we sow.

Nomad
09-04-2010, 09:08 PM
WOW! I never knew they had a golf acadamy of america!! That would be a cush job!!

Nomad
09-04-2010, 09:20 PM
BYU will win this game! Locker not as good as advertised!!

Northman
09-04-2010, 09:21 PM
Congrats to my Cavs. Broke a 2 year opening game losing streak by beating Richmond 34-13. Not sure how we will fair against stiffer competition but any win is a good win.

OrangeHoof
09-04-2010, 09:22 PM
Looks like the Sooners will hang on. Scintillating home debut for them.

Nomad
09-04-2010, 09:25 PM
Congrats to my Cavs. Broke a 2 year opening game losing streak by beating Richmond 34-13. Not sure how we will fair against stiffer competition but any win is a good win.

Virginia/USC will be one of my 'games to watch' for next week! I'll be hoping the Cavs win though I usually hope for the PAC 10/SEC!!

Northman
09-04-2010, 09:34 PM
Virginia/USC will be one of my 'games to watch' for next week! I'll be hoping the Cavs win though I usually hope for the PAC 10/SEC!!

Yea, last year was a disaster for us with USC. I dont expect it too be much better but i can hope for the best or too at least make it competitive. :D

Nomad
09-04-2010, 09:38 PM
BYU wins!!

Overtime
09-04-2010, 09:50 PM
TCU wins. tough loss for the Beavers. Katz has gotta get that timing under control, he could have had a much better game than he did if his timing woulda been good.

Overtime
09-04-2010, 09:53 PM
OU better make changes before next week's game against Florida State. that's gonna be a big test, and only winning by 7 against Utah State is cause for concern.

Overtime
09-04-2010, 09:58 PM
uuuuuum OUCH!

Oregon put up 72 points on New Mexico who scored 0.

WOW! I bet the damn Duck was tired of doing pushups!!!

Nomad
09-04-2010, 10:04 PM
uuuuuum OUCH!

Oregon put up 70 points on New Mexico who scored 0.

Holy toledo! I just saw the score of that game! 72 points is ridiculous to give up for any DI school.

Nomad
09-04-2010, 10:09 PM
Great play by UNC!!

Overtime
09-04-2010, 10:13 PM
UNC trying to make a game of it

Overtime
09-04-2010, 10:17 PM
the Duck did 506 pushups!!!! holy cow!

OrangeHoof
09-05-2010, 01:49 AM
Many years ago, SI did a story about football recruiting and told the tale of some inner city kid that was brought up to Eugene for a recruiting visit. The head coach led him into the film room and said, "Son, we have an introduction film to show you about our program and, when it's done, I'll return and answer any questions you have."

So the kid watches the film and it made several references to the Duck Head Coach. When the film was over, the coach returned and asked the kid if he had any questions.

"Yeah," said the recruit. "How come they keep calling you 'Duckhead'?"

gnomeflinger
09-05-2010, 10:25 AM
uuuuuum OUCH!

Oregon put up 72 points on New Mexico who scored 0.

I hate U of O. No self-respecting Washingtonian does.

Down with the Ducks!

Nomad
09-05-2010, 01:05 PM
If anyone is interested.....Games for today!!

Sunday, September 5

-On now Southern vs Del St on - ESPN

-2:00 PM ET Tulsa at East Carolina - ESPN2

-3:30 PM ET Southern Methodist at Texas Tech - ESPN

broncophan
09-05-2010, 04:10 PM
This Tulsa/East Carolina game is very entertaining....35-31 in the 4th qtr,

broncophan
09-05-2010, 04:23 PM
42-38 Tulsa......8 minutes to go.....

Nomad
09-05-2010, 04:26 PM
This Tulsa/East Carolina game is very entertaining....35-31 in the 4th qtr,

Yeah, if you like offense usually these games like this have high scoring games!!

I'm looking forward to the Boise/VT game!!

broncophan
09-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Yeah, if you like offense usually these games like this have high scoring games!!

I'm looking forward to the Boise/VT game!!

yep.....I took the over 58....on ESPN's streak for the cash..........easy pickens'....even for me....

45-42 with 6 minutes left...

Nomad
09-05-2010, 04:50 PM
yep.....I took the over 58....on ESPN's streak for the cash..........easy pickens'....even for me....

45-42 with 6 minutes left...

94 pts total.....game's not over yet!!

broncophan
09-05-2010, 04:56 PM
wow....did you see that finish???

Nomad
09-05-2010, 04:57 PM
If the TD stands, what an ending for EC!!

100 total pts in the game!!

BroncoAV06
09-05-2010, 06:33 PM
Ok so I am going strictly media member with UNM, no more fan half the time.

So which college bandwagon is open that I can jump onto?

broncophan
09-05-2010, 06:37 PM
Ok so I am going strictly media member with UNM, no more fan half the time.

So which college bandwagon is open that I can jump onto?

c'mon over to the buckeyes......but once you are here there is no turning back......