PDA

View Full Version : More Injuries

BroncoWave
08-06-2010, 11:58 AM
Well hopefully none of these are serious:

"Jarvis Moss, Chris Kuper & LenDale White all went back to the building w/ trainers in #Broncos practice. All walked under their own power."

www.twitter.com/maxbroncos

dogfish
08-06-2010, 12:03 PM
kuper?

&^%&*%^*&%!!!

Bosco
08-06-2010, 12:17 PM
Probably nothing major.

Dirk
08-06-2010, 12:32 PM
Time for a new trainer. Tuten(sp) needs to go. Probably not his fault but still.

Tned
08-06-2010, 12:34 PM
Jarvis Moss has a broken hand.

BroncoWave
08-06-2010, 12:37 PM

Well if McD wasn't going to add another OLB before I don't think he has a choice now.

GEM
08-06-2010, 12:37 PM
Close down camp, get some health back and call it a ******* day. :tsk:

Bosco
08-06-2010, 12:39 PM
Time for a new trainer. Tuten(sp) needs to go. Probably not his fault but still.

From my understanding, Tuten is pretty highly regarded in NFL circles, and we've had plenty of injury free years under his guidance.

Bosco
08-06-2010, 12:43 PM

That's actually not that bad. Dawkins had the same injury last year and didn't have any trouble coming back full speed.

GEM
08-06-2010, 12:46 PM
From my understanding, Tuten is pretty highly regarded in NFL circles, and we've had plenty of injury free years under his guidance.

I always laugh when Tuten is blamed. It's ******* football. It's a violent sport. People are going to get hurt. The injuries this year have been pretty significant and most aren't related to stretching and conditioning.

Doom-Torn Pectoral
Moreno- Hamstring...this won't change based on stretching...he planted and went, that isn't stretching or conditioning
Buckhalter- Back- Same
Moss- Broken Hand

Those all have more to do with pushing hard and playing a violent sport, rather than not stretching enough and not being conditioned enough.

Injuries happen. It's football, not badmitton.

Tned
08-06-2010, 12:54 PM
I always laugh when Tuten is blamed. It's ******* football. It's a violent sport. People are going to get hurt. The injuries this year have been pretty significant and most aren't related to stretching and conditioning.

Doom-Torn Pectoral
Moreno- Hamstring...this won't change based on stretching...he planted and went, that isn't stretching or conditioning
Buckhalter- Back- Same
Moss- Broken Hand

Those all have more to do with pushing hard and playing a violent sport, rather than not stretching enough and not being conditioned enough.

Come on, he's a worthless holdover from the previous regime. If he had them doing proper hand stretches there is no way Moss would have broken his hand.... :cool:

jhildebrand
08-06-2010, 12:57 PM
We need a healthcare plan here in Denver. Set up an infirmiary at Pidgeon Valley!

topscribe
Come on, he's a worthless holdover from the previous regime. If he had them doing proper hand stretches there is no way Moss would have broken his hand.... :cool:

He ought to do it anyway to help prevent handstrings . . . :D

-----

jhildebrand
It's football, not badmitton.

A shuttlecock is nothing to mess with. :eek:

Jagsbch
08-06-2010, 12:59 PM
You have got to be kidding me.

Fox 31’s Josina Anderson is reporting that Denver Broncos outside linebacker Jarvis Moss suffered a broken bone in his right hand during practice Friday morning.

Starting right guard Chris Kuper also walked off the field with an apparent right ankle or foot injury. Newly signed running back LenDale White was also seen heading to the locker room early Friday
broncotalk.net (http://broncotalk.net/2010/08/16538/broncos-news/report-jarvis-moss-suffers-broken-hand/)

Lonestar
08-06-2010, 01:04 PM
Gem your right on the mark.

However the groin injuries of a couple of years ago most likely were a conditioning issue as perhaps the hamstring.

Players should know their bodies at this level and stretching out more may have prevented that from happening and maybe not.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Denver Native (Carol)
08-06-2010, 01:04 PM
http://twitter.com/postbroncos

# Jarvis Moss will likely miss two weeks, though he should eventually be able to practice and play with a club cast. 3 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# The Broncos won't be in pads again until the Sat eve scrimmage at Invesco. 8 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Brian Dawkins missed about a week of camp w/ broken hand last year, played with a cast. Elvis had a hand injury in camp in '08. 8 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Jarvis Moss was taken to the Steadman-Hawkins clinic in Denver for X-Rays. Revealed a broken bone in his hand. 9 minutes ago via TweetDeck

slim
08-06-2010, 01:17 PM
I sense a trend.

broncofaninfla
08-06-2010, 01:54 PM
The injuries suck, no doubt about it but I still expect this team to win, no excuses. Mcd has his guys, running his schemes, his way. Every team deals with them and so will Denver.

slim
08-06-2010, 01:56 PM
The injuries suck, no doubt about it but I still expect this team to win, no excuses. Mcd has his guys, running his schemes, his way. Every team deals with them and so will Denver.

That's true up to a point, but this is getting rickdickulus.

BroncoWave
08-06-2010, 02:00 PM

I don't think you can argue that we have been hit worse by injuries than any team in the NFL so far this season.

Nomad
08-06-2010, 02:02 PM
I don't follow other teams but are they having the same and as many injury issues as the BRONCOS?? Someone has some bad voodoo on this team!!

broncofaninfla
08-06-2010, 02:02 PM
That's true up to a point, but this is getting rickdickulus.

Shanny had what, 5 RB's hit the IR in 2008 but yet we STILL had an effective running game. If Mcd is the coach we need him to be, he'll coach past this and keep this team competitive.

slim
08-06-2010, 02:06 PM
Shanny had what, 5 RB's hit the IR in 2008 but yet we STILL had an effective running game. If Mcd is the coach we need him to be, he'll coach past this and keep this team competitive.

Right, shanny always had an effective running game.

But I don't see your point. In 2008 we had an 8-8 record. Is that where you are setting the bar this year? Just curious.

broncofaninfla
08-06-2010, 02:08 PM
I don't think you can argue that we have been hit worse by injuries than any team in the NFL so far this season.

I'd say we've been hit as hard BUT we've only officially lost one starter for the year. Mcd has had two years to build depth and has publically stated he felt good about the depth on this team. As much as I hate losing Elvis for the year, his game was pretty much one demensional. A premire pass rusher who was a laibility against the run.

broncofaninfla
08-06-2010, 02:10 PM
Right, shanny always had an effective running game.

But I don't see your point. In 2008 we had an 8-8 record. Is that where you are setting the bar this year? Just curious.

My point was the injuries that were concentrated in that one position. One guy went down and another came in and was just as effective. If Mcd can do the same with the OLB's we should be fine.

I'm not setting ANY bar with this team other than improvement from last year.

Superchop 7
08-06-2010, 02:15 PM
Why is Tuten highly regarded ?

Late season collapses ?

Jagsbch
08-06-2010, 02:26 PM
I'd say we've been hit as hard BUT we've only officially lost one starter for the year. Mcd has had two years to build depth and has publically stated he felt good about the depth on this team. As much as I hate losing Elvis for the year, his game was pretty much one demensional. A premire pass rusher who was a laibility against the run.

WOW now there is a perspective that is as hard hitting as it is enlightning.

Fact still remains that Elvis could still be available for the playoffs~!!

So in reality the Broncos have not lost any starters while in their attempt to go all the way to the Super Bowl this season.

BroncoBJ
08-06-2010, 02:26 PM
:lol: What a joke. Every single day when I wake up theres an injury or 2 that happens at camp. My Goodness I'm getting sick of this shit. Preseason hasn't even started and were getting injuries daily.

honz
08-06-2010, 02:36 PM
Good point. Hands are often overlooked when it comes to stretching.

LordTrychon
08-06-2010, 02:37 PM
Not getting enough calcium.

Did Romo end up being our nutritionalist or not?

Benetto
08-06-2010, 02:41 PM
We're gonna hit the 53 man roster without even having to make any cuts...:tsk:

Benetto
08-06-2010, 02:42 PM
Good point. Hands are often overlooked when it comes to stretching.

That's not true..My hands are always used when "streching"...

I know stupid, corny joke...Just had to..

T.K.O.
08-06-2010, 02:43 PM
That's actually not that bad. Dawkins had the same injury last year and didn't have any trouble coming back full speed.

yeah.....but he's brian mf dawkins !;)

Lonestar
08-06-2010, 02:49 PM

Just so we are clear here the running game was very good between the 20's sucked inside the redzone.

So give him glory about plugging in warm bodies to get those superfluous yards.

honz
08-06-2010, 02:51 PM
That's not true..My hands are always used when "streching"...

I know stupid, corny joke...Just had to..

:tsk:

LTC Pain
08-06-2010, 02:52 PM
I sense a trend.

No you don't.

shank
08-06-2010, 03:28 PM
my friend broke his collarbone playing badminton.

Tned
08-06-2010, 03:52 PM
Why is Tuten highly regarded ?

Late season collapses ?

It goes back to the same reason that Shanahan was highly regarded. Tuten was given a lot of credit for the success of the teams of the late '90s. Players talked about his torture sled and how it made them tougher at the end of the season.

Tned
08-06-2010, 03:53 PM
Not getting enough calcium.

Did Romo end up being our nutritionalist or not?

Apparently the DEA and FBI are arguing about whether or not they will allow him to be a nutritionist... :lol:

elsid13
08-06-2010, 04:18 PM
Kuper's dad said he talked to his son and Chris is fine. Just an ankle and not like the one last year.

LRtagger
08-06-2010, 04:34 PM

Doom-Torn Pectoral
Buckhalter- Back- Same
Moss- Broken Hand

I got on Tuten during Shanny's last year because we had like 15 guys go down with hamstring related injuries. I dont think he can be blamed for this year though...I don't think any of the coaches can be blamed.

BORDERLINE
08-06-2010, 05:06 PM
who backs up the back-ups????? damn injury bug....so does anybody know who are we gonna add to our LB cuz of this???

broncofaninfla
08-06-2010, 05:08 PM
Just so we are clear here the running game was very good between the 20's sucked inside the redzone.

So give him glory about plugging in warm bodies to get those superfluous yards.

JR, I respect your posts but You'll never say anything nice or give any credit to Shanny. I' mguessing he kicked a puppy of yours in a previous life..

My point is, if Mcd is half the coach Shanny was Denver will over come the adversity we are facing with injuries. It's VERY early on so there is time for him and the Broncos brass to plan and focus and over come the early injury issues.

Tned
08-06-2010, 05:38 PM
I didn't catch this earlier, hearing it was only a two week injury (moss) and that if it was the regular season, he would probably play through it. They just said on Sirius that he was going to have surgery, but didn't say whether the two week timetable to return was still the same.

LTC Pain
08-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Just read on Pro Football Talk that the Patriots claimed Josh Barrett off waivers from the Broncos.

Tned
08-06-2010, 05:50 PM
Just read on Pro Football Talk that the Patriots claimed Josh Barrett off waivers from the Broncos.

I thought he was on IR? :confused:

BroncoWave
08-06-2010, 05:51 PM
I thought he was on IR? :confused:

Andrew Mason explains it:

"Josh Barrett claimed by Patriots. When a player goes on I.R. in camp, he often goes on "waived/injured," which means another team can claim him, just like a typical waived player. Rarely does another team claim a waived/injured player; this is the exception"

Tned
08-06-2010, 05:53 PM
Andrew Mason explains it:

"Josh Barrett claimed by Patriots. When a player goes on I.R. in camp, he often goes on "waived/injured," which means another team can claim him, just like a typical waived player. Rarely does another team claim a waived/injured player; this is the exception"

Can the Broncos unwaive him, like they can in MLB? Not sure they would want to, but I still had some hopes for Barret.

BroncoWave
08-06-2010, 05:53 PM
Can the Broncos unwaive him, like they can in MLB? Not sure they would want to, but I still had some hopes for Barret.

I was wondering the same thing. There has to be some way we can keep him, or else team could just claim other team's stars when they go on IR in the preseason.

Lonestar
08-06-2010, 06:59 PM
JR, I respect your posts but You'll never say anything nice or give any credit to Shanny. I' mguessing he kicked a puppy of yours in a previous life..

My point is, if Mcd is half the coach Shanny was Denver will over come the adversity we are facing with injuries. It's VERY early on so there is time for him and the Broncos brass to plan and focus and over come the early injury issues.

have I said anything that is untrue?

Just telling it like it was for those that are all nostalgic and everything, about how wonderful it was under mikey those last 10-11 years.

Easy to forget that when the D was great on Running they sucked at stopping the pass or vice versa.

That after CP left it was bum of the month club at RB and by the grace of Alex Gibbs and the ZBS we were a good running team. Between the 20's

But the guy never resigned a day one draft choice to a second contract save Al, DJ, Price, Neil, Mobley and only by default Ian Gold (6 out of 38 picks thru 2007). Mostly because they were busts.

He did not kick my puppy he drug my team into oblivion, through lousy drafts, even worse FA (mostly) choices millions in dead cap space each year, having lousy defenses year after year lately. and never figuring out you win games at the LOS with quality players..

Dead Cap space kills the ability to get decent UFA some one that is not on their last legs or so impressed with themselves that they are a cancer.

That is why I do not like the guy and will say it when someone want to revise history about the great Shannan.

Show me where I'm wrong with what I have said.

BroncoWave
08-06-2010, 07:02 PM
have I said anything that is untrue?

Just telling it like it was for those that are all nostalgic and everything, about how wonderful it was under mikey those last 10-11 years.

Easy to forget that when the D was great on Running they sucked at stopping the pass or vice versa.

That after CP left it was bum of the month club at RB and by the grace of Alex Gibbs and the ZBS we were a good running team. Between the 20's

But the guy never resigned a day one draft choice to a second contract save Al, DJ, Price, Neil, Mobley and only by default Ian Gold (6 out of 38 picks thru 2007). Mostly because they were busts.

He did not kick my puppy he drug my team into oblivion, through lousy drafts, even worse FA (mostly) choices millions in dead cap space each year, having lousy defenses year after year lately. and never figuring out you win games at the LOS with quality players..

Dead Cap space kills the ability to get decent UFA some one that is not on their last legs or so impressed with themselves that they are a cancer.

That is why I do not like the guy and will say it when someone want to revise history about the great Shannan.

Show me where I'm wrong with what I have said.

Most of us aren't arguing if you are right or wrong, we are just tired of hearing you bitch about Shanny in every post you make and we think it's time for you to get over him and move on.

Lonestar
08-06-2010, 08:47 PM
Most of us aren't arguing if you are right or wrong, we are just tired of hearing you bitch about Shanny in every post you make and we think it's time for you to get over him and move on.

I was responding to this post.

Originally Posted by broncofaninfla
JR, I respect your posts but You'll never say anything nice or give any credit to Shanny. I'm guessing he kicked a puppy of yours in a previous life..

Just making my intentions known. Actually I have moved on, but many here have not. If someone comments about how wonderful mikey was over the past 11 or so years, well I feel duty bound to remind them, that they are wearing orange colored glasses.

If you can refute my post, do so.

AS far as me bitching in EVERY post I make I'll bet there were several over the past few days that said nothing about past regimes.

If you or anyone else do not want to see my posts now that I'm not a mod. Please feel free to put me on Ignore.

I have made that choice with several folks I do not want to waste my time reading.

dogfish
08-06-2010, 09:04 PM
I got on Tuten during Shanny's last year because we had like 15 guys go down with hamstring related injuries. I dont think he can be blamed for this year though...I don't think any of the coaches can be blamed.

I was responding to this post.

Just making my intentions known. Actually I have moved on, but many here have not. If someone comments about how wonderful mikey was over the past 11 or so years, well I feel duty bound to remind them, that they are wearing orange colored glasses.

okay JR, here's my question. . .

why do you want to make that your duty?

:noidea:

i've never understood why it bothers you so much that fans still like the guy that coached the best broncos teams that ever played. . . doesn't loyalty mean anything to you? you strike me as the kind of person who would value the concept, and i bet you're a reliable friend in real life. . . you sure seem ready to throw guys under the bus who gave an awful lot to your favorite organization, though-- guys like mike, dennison, bobby turner. . .

i don't get it, and as you can tell by the comments, a lot of other people don't either. . .

it's like you resent shanahan for not being perfect-- for not being able to find a bunch of HOFers to replace the ones that had just walked through the door. . . did you ever take a minute to stop and think just how hard it is to find even one HOF-caliber player, let alone a half-dozen?

granted, a number of his drafts were beyond horrible, everybody knows that. . . but can't you find it in your heart, five or ten years later, to just give the guy a break?? is it really so tough? :noidea:

it seems like it just burns you up that a lot of broncos fans still think he was a better coach than you do. . . why does it matter?

just a sincere question, i'm not trying to **** with you. . .

BroncoWave
08-06-2010, 09:05 PM
Actually I have moved on, but many here have not. If someone comments about how wonderful mikey was over the past 11 or so years, well I feel duty bound to remind them, that they are wearing orange colored glasses

This is a bold-faced lie.

Like in this post for example: http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1024919&postcount=121

Could you please show me where this poster commented on how wonderful mikey was in the post you quoted? I could bring up many more if you like.

I would estimate that about 90% of your posts about Shanahan are not prompted by someone saying how wonderful he was.

Dean
08-06-2010, 11:30 PM
Mike Shanahan as the Broncos coach won 138 regular season games and lost 86 for a winning percentage of 61.6%. His teams had 13 play off games winning 6 and losing 5 for a 61.5% average. As Denver's coach he made some mistakes but a 61% record ain't exactly chopped liver and who else brought a Super Bowl Championship to Denver?

As far as running the ball, here was our rankings for rushing TDs: 13, 2, 5, 1, 10, 3, 30, 5, 3, 15, 3, 18, 20, and 14. That puts us in the upper third of the NFL.

Lonestar
08-07-2010, 01:55 AM
okay JR, here's my question. . .

why do you want to make that your duty?

:noidea:

i've never understood why it bothers you so much that fans still like the guy that coached the best broncos teams that ever played. . . doesn't loyalty mean anything to you? you strike me as the kind of person who would value the concept, and i bet you're a reliable friend in real life. . . you sure seem ready to throw guys under the bus who gave an awful lot to your favorite organization, though-- guys like mike, dennison, bobby turner. . .

i don't get it, and as you can tell by the comments, a lot of other people don't either. . .

it's like you resent shanahan for not being perfect-- for not being able to find a bunch of HOFers to replace the ones that had just walked through the door. . . did you ever take a minute to stop and think just how hard it is to find even one HOF-caliber player, let alone a half-dozen?

granted, a number of his drafts were beyond horrible, everybody knows that. . . but can't you find it in your heart, five or ten years later, to just give the guy a break?? is it really so tough? :noidea:

it seems like it just burns you up that a lot of broncos fans still think he was a better coach than you do. . . why does it matter?

just a sincere question, i'm not trying to **** with you. . .

Actually I'm the guy that sticks up for the small kid that gets picked on by the bully. always have been for the under dog.

it was easy becoming a Bronco fan for just that reason.

until 1977 this team sucked.

I stuck up for Griese, Q, Jake, Mike leach and a few others when they were unmercifully ragged on by the haters. That for the most part took place on the old site. It usually by a bunch of kiddies, that had spent less time being a Bronco fan than I had standing in the piss line at old Bears, Mile High Stadium.

I was a huge mikey fan till I figured out what he had done and was doing to my TEAM. About 2004-5 or so when I discovered the poor drafting that he had done since coming on board.

I said my piece back then but was drowned out by the uber loyal fanatics that kept shouting two Lombardi's. That he would never step down as GM and just be HC, that he would have a job 15 minutes after leaving here.

I have made my case on more than one occasion about the state of what he did to this team and a few folks just have not got it yet.

mikey inherited a lot of talent and to his credit added a few key pieces to make it all work together. he was at the fore front of bringing UFA.

I applauded him at that but then when draft after draft failed he moved to the wrong side and tah was investing in almost has beens at a sky high price to fill the holes instead of building via the draft.

each year for 4-5 years he had the same speech it was almost verbatim "we are one or two players away from being a super bowl team".

After the third year I thought I recognized it so went back in the archives of the EOY pressers and sure enough 3 years straight they were identical.

Now I'm not raining on a logical minds head here just telling the unvarnished truth mike was a great OC and maybe even a great HC but he sucked at personnel decisions and did not have a clue about defense.

Which I find amazing since all he had to do is reverse engineer his offense to create a great defense.

HE was great about figuring out how to beat other folks defenses with our O and playbook. How in hell could he be that clueless about building a defense.

Or the though came to me he did not give a damn about D, he decided when he got cutler to just flat out score everyone like Manning used to do on his way to the playoffs each year.

so folks what was it did he not care about D at all.

or he was clueless about building one.

As I said in my earlier rant. If folks do not want to hear what I say, ignore me. Because I'm not going away. Nor will I let mike drivel stand.

If y'all love him so much good for you, but just know that those two Super bowl rings came more than 11 years ago and frankly while he won some games after that, we have not been relevant since.

BoltWalt
08-07-2010, 02:19 AM
It's football, not badmitton.
You have never seen Australian rules badminton!

Tned
08-07-2010, 06:09 AM
As I said in my earlier rant. If folks do not want to hear what I say, ignore me. Because I'm not going away. Nor will I let mike drivel stand.

If y'all love him so much good for you, but just know that those two Super bowl rings came more than 11 years ago and frankly while he won some games after that, we have not been relevant since.

And as BTB pointed out, 90% of your 'mikey' rants and comments are not a response to someone else discussing Shanahan, but instead YOU, and YOU alone, bringing him up in a thread, typically as a means of attempting to insult or discredit a poster you don't agree with.

BroncoNut
08-07-2010, 08:54 AM
my friend broke his collarbone playing badminton.

did he really?

Lonestar
08-07-2010, 12:31 PM
And as BTB pointed out, 90% of your 'mikey' rants and comments are not a response to someone else discussing Shanahan, but instead YOU, and YOU alone, bringing him up in a thread, typically as a means of attempting to insult or discredit a poster you don't agree with.

Perhaps in the past that may have been true. I have tried real hard to stop doing that.

Once again if they do not wish to read my posts because they do not wish to hear what I have to say. Let them put me on ignore.

Northman
08-07-2010, 12:38 PM

Put him on ignore, it does wonders and saves a lot of bandwidth. He hasnt had anything relevant to say in months. :lol:

Tned
08-07-2010, 12:48 PM
Perhaps in the past that may have been true. I have tried real hard to stop doing that.

I don't doubt you have tried, but clearly as you can see from the feedback from your fellow Broncos' fans, you aren't succeeding. In almost every case you bring up Shanahan, it is not in response to someone else bringing him up.

Anyway, it derails threads, so I think we are all glad to hear you are working to stop doing it. :salute:

Ok, unless Jr pulls his hamstring or tears his pec muscle, he's not the topic of the thread, so lets get back to the Broncos bad luck with injuries.