PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow getting plenty of run

T.K.O.
08-06-2010, 10:46 AM
Tim Tebow getting plenty of run
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 6, 2010 11:32 AM ET
Florio had Mike Klis of the Denver Post on as a guest during his morning stint on the Dan Patrick Show, presumably to talk about Elvis Dumervil's injury.

But all Broncos roads (or conversations) lead to Tim Tebow, and Klis had a number of interesting nuggets to pass along.

Klis said that Tebow winds up running the ball on roughly 50-60% of his training camp snaps, and most of those plays are called runs. He also reports that Tebow has been getting "a lot" of snaps for a third-string quarterback and he thinks Tebow will have a role in the offense on a weekly basis.

As a passer, Klis believes Tebow has a long way to go. He says Tebow occasionally looks brutal, but is surprisingly accurate and throws with enough zip, especially over the middle. Tebow's biggest weakness remains his inability to read defenses and tendency to lock into a primary receiver.

It's awfully early, but Klis' words support our rough expectations for Tebow this season.

We'd be surprised if Tebow isn't a significant part of the team's offense, and we'd be more surprised if he starts any games except for a meaningless late season affair.

BroncoNut
08-06-2010, 10:51 AM
hmmm. interesting. Don't know what to make of all this Tebowmania. No clue at all. Probably a pretty good take by Klis. I think we might see more aggressive playcalling this season, that's my prediciton

silkamilkamonico
08-06-2010, 11:22 AM
hmmm. interesting. Don't know what to make of all this Tebowmania. No clue at all. Probably a pretty good take by Klis. I think we might see more aggressive playcalling this season, that's my prediciton

Run oritented offense I'm telling ya. Run controlled, run oriented, and run dominated. I honestly think that's what Mcdaniels envisions for Tebow and the future.

CoachChaz
08-06-2010, 11:36 AM
As a passer, Klis believes Tebow has a long way to go. He says Tebow occasionally looks brutal, but is surprisingly accurate and throws with enough zip, especially over the middle. Tebow's biggest weakness remains his inability to read defenses and tendency to lock into a primary receiver.

Sounds like pretty much EVERY other rookie QB thoughout NFL history

dogfish
08-06-2010, 11:40 AM
at first, i thought the title was "Tebow getting plenty of rum". . . . :laugh:

topscribe
08-06-2010, 11:46 AM
at first, i thought the title was "Tebow getting plenty of rum". . . . :laugh:

Or "Tebow is getting the runs"? :D

I'm having problems assessing this, though . . .

I mean, McDaniels said they are going to have two active QBs in the game.
Now, if Tebow is nowhere near ready to assume control of an offense, why
would Quinn be the "emergency" QB? And if Quinn is the backup and Tebow
the the emergency, then how would Tebow participate significantly in the
offense?

I think they may have a problem fulfilling their aspirations here . . .

-----

BroncoWave
08-06-2010, 12:09 PM

offense?

-----

It's pretty simple actually. It will likely be exactly what the Eagles did with Vick/Kolb last season.

If we plan on using Tebow in special packages, the depth chart will be Orton, Tebow, and Quinn as the emergency #3. Now as long as Orton stays healthy, this will be fine.

If Orton goes down however it's still manageable. They simply put Quinn in for the rest of the game and neither Tebow or Orton can reenter, unless Quinn comes in in the 4th quarter.

topscribe
08-06-2010, 12:36 PM
It's pretty simple actually. It will likely be exactly what the Eagles did with Vick/Kolb last season.

If we plan on using Tebow in special packages, the depth chart will be Orton, Tebow, and Quinn as the emergency #3. Now as long as Orton stays healthy, this will be fine.

If Orton goes down however it's still manageable. They simply put Quinn in for the rest of the game and neither Tebow or Orton can reenter, unless Quinn comes in in the 4th quarter.

Yes of course. :doh:

Dividing time between this and work again. Just doesn't work, sometimes . . .

-----

WARHORSE
08-06-2010, 01:14 PM

offense?

-----

I can honestly say Im fine with Tebow going in at number two.

Ready or not.

Why?

Because he cant be worse than Phil Simms was here.:tsk:

At least he would be getting reps, and he can always simply hand the ball off.

Let Tim run at number two, going into the game for a number of TePlays.

Should Orton get hurt, I can live with Tim getting reps and learning.

WARHORSE
08-06-2010, 01:20 PM
Tim Tebow getting plenty of run
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 6, 2010 11:32 AM ET
Florio had Mike Klis of the Denver Post on as a guest during his morning stint on the Dan Patrick Show, presumably to talk about Elvis Dumervil's injury.

But all Broncos roads (or conversations) lead to Tim Tebow, and Klis had a number of interesting nuggets to pass along.

Klis said that Tebow winds up running the ball on roughly 50-60% of his training camp snaps, and most of those plays are called runs. He also reports that Tebow has been getting "a lot" of snaps for a third-string quarterback and he thinks Tebow will have a role in the offense on a weekly basis.

It's awfully early, but Klis' words support our rough expectations for Tebow this season.

We'd be surprised if Tebow isn't a significant part of the team's offense, and we'd be more surprised if he starts any games except for a meaningless late season affair.

So............what does.......surprisingly accurate mean?

Does it mean, more accurate than we expected?

Or is it, man, this guy puts the ball on the money?

I can only think that since there are two other QBs on the field, and no one is saying how 'surprisingly accurate' they are, that Tim must be at times looking very good.

It doesnt surprise me, especially on deep post and deep out routes.

What does he mean by saying brutal?

Is it his wobbly short passes that everyone is saying are surpisingly accurate?

Or is it Tim making bad decisions to throw into coverage and getting picked?

I havent heard much about Tebow getting picked off, and hes running most of the time, so......................which is it?

Wobbly passes or bad decisions?

BroncoWave
08-06-2010, 01:22 PM
I can honestly say Im fine with Tebow going in at number two.

Ready or not.

Why?

Because he cant be worse than Phil Simms was here.:tsk:

At least he would be getting reps, and he can always simply hand the ball off.

Let Tim run at number two, going into the game for a number of TePlays.

Should Orton get hurt, I can live with Tim getting reps and learning.

If Orton were to get hurt I think it should be considered how we are playing to see who starts. If it's early in the season or if we are contending for the playoffs later in the season, I'd put in Quinn. If it's later in the season and we are sucking, I'd put in Tebow. I wouldn't just put Tebow in in any situation if Orton goes down.

BroncoNut
08-06-2010, 01:52 PM
Run oritented offense I'm telling ya. Run controlled, run oriented, and run dominated. I honestly think that's what Mcdaniels envisions for Tebow and the future.

there are indicators that seem to point to that. I'm on board with that. I advocate smashmouth football

broncobryce
08-06-2010, 02:23 PM
Yep. And demaryuis comes from a run first offense....
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

BroncoNut
08-06-2010, 02:25 PM
where did he come from again?

Shazam!
08-06-2010, 03:12 PM
Tebow's biggest weakness remains his inability to read defenses and tendency to lock into a primary receiver.

Tim Tebow obviously sucks big time because all rookie QBs have no problems reading defenses and locking onto WRs.

What a heaping pile of shit.

BroncoWave
08-06-2010, 03:14 PM
Tim Tebow obviously sucks big time because all rookie QBs have no problems reading defenses and locking onto WRs.

What a heaping pile of shit.

Where the the author say he sucks because of this? He was just providing an observation. I think you are reading to much into that comment.

Lonestar
08-06-2010, 03:18 PM
Where the the author say he sucks because of this? He was just providing an observation. I think you are reading to much into that comment.

he was being sarcastic.

BroncoWave
08-06-2010, 03:22 PM
he was being sarcastic.

Why would he say "What a heaping pile of shit" if not to criticize the author. I didn't read that line as sarcasm.

Lonestar
08-06-2010, 03:24 PM
Why would he say "What a heaping pile of shit" if not to criticize the author. I didn't read that line as sarcasm.

I was going off the first line. sorry I misread your comment.