PDA

View Full Version : Question:

BroncoJoe
07-01-2008, 06:59 PM
Sorry if this get's posted twice, but after I thought I created a thread, I couldn't find it anywhere...

Since we have full disclosure here, i.e. list of banned members with reason and their "time out" period, could we be informed of deleted threads?

I was checking my User CP and noticed several High Fives I've received and the thread title says "N/A". I'd like to know, or try to remember what thread I made a brilliant comment in.

TIA for your immediate response.

MOtorboat
07-01-2008, 07:00 PM
You made a brilliant comment? :noidea:

BroncoJoe
07-01-2008, 07:03 PM

I'm not a man of many words, but when I speak, people listen.

MOtorboat
07-01-2008, 07:03 PM

Keep telling yourself that. ;)

Lonestar
07-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Sorry if this get's posted twice, but after I thought I created a thread, I couldn't find it anywhere...

Since we have full disclosure here, i.e. list of banned members with reason and their "time out" period, could we be informed of deleted threads?

I was checking my User CP and noticed several High Fives I've received and the thread title says "N/A". I'd like to know, or try to remember what thread I made a brilliant comment in.

There was a glitch in the new version installed about a week or so ago, that brought out the N/A stuff. It was to my knowledge not because of deleted threads..

We rarely delete thread I can think of 4-5 total that have been deleted for cause..

We have had some thread starters delete the initial post which take the thread with it..

I'm guessing that your brilliance was cause by the glitch..

MOtorboat
07-01-2008, 07:27 PM
There was a glitch in the new version installed about a week or so ago, that brought out the N/A stuff. It was to my knowledge not because of deleted threads..

We rarely delete thread I can think of 4-5 total that have been deleted for cause..

We have had some thread starters delete the initial post which take the thread with it..

I'm guessing that your brilliance was cause by the glitch..

:laugh:

Day1BroncoFan
07-01-2008, 07:29 PM

Did you say something?

Seriously, when a thread gets deleted so do the high fives unless something changed recently.

claymore
07-01-2008, 07:31 PM

I think it was a Dream..............:noidea:

BroncoJoe
07-01-2008, 07:32 PM
Thanks, Top. You're the only helpful person here.

Rick
07-01-2008, 07:33 PM
Posts that get deleted don't get rid of High 5's though.

A few of my flame fests at people that pissed me off that I have recieved high 5s for but post got deleted are still listed in my high 5s, just under N/A.

So might be same for threads that get deleted.

MOtorboat
07-01-2008, 07:34 PM

Dude, top hasn't posted in this thread.

Day1BroncoFan
07-01-2008, 07:34 PM
Every time I have gotten high fives from deleted threads or posts they went away. It only happened once a few months ago.

BroncoJoe
07-01-2008, 07:35 PM

It's age, MB.

Thanks, jr.

Lonestar
07-01-2008, 07:36 PM

I beg your pardon.. You just went to the top of my hit list..

BroncoJoe
07-01-2008, 07:41 PM
I beg your pardon.. You just went to the top of my hit list..

Sorry, Jr. It's usually Top that is reprimanding me. It's nice to know I'll have two of you on my case now....

:heh:

BroncoJoe
07-01-2008, 08:06 PM
Keep telling yourself that. ;)

:laugh:

Hey, midget; if I wanted your opinion, I would have asked for it.

Now, go apply for the circus or something.

MOtorboat
07-01-2008, 08:07 PM
Hey, midget; if I wanted your opinion, I would have asked for it.

Now, go apply for the circus or something.

That all you got?

BroncoJoe
07-01-2008, 08:09 PM
That all you got?

Haven't drank enough.

Yet.

tubby
07-01-2008, 11:03 PM
Well Joe, I have a few N/A's myself. They appear to be from posts that have been deleted due to obscene nature.

Hope this helps. Dirty *******.

Tned
07-01-2008, 11:44 PM

The N/A's are not from deleted threads. That seems to be a bug with vBulletin 3.7.1. There is a recent update, but since I am leaving for Europe early tomorrow AM, I didn't want to apply the update, in case something broke. I am not sure if that is fixed.

As Jr said, there aren't a lot of threads deleted. I think more threads are deleted (by a large margin) by the thread starters, either because they realize it is a dupe or for some other reason, then by mods. A thread has to be pretty bad to be deleted, vs. cleaned up, and it doesn't happen often.

Thnikkaman
07-03-2008, 09:29 AM
I think it was a Dream..............:noidea:

;):D