PDA

View Full Version : 8/05/10 pm Camp Report

pnbronco
08-06-2010, 07:48 AM
Was bummed walking into camp today knowing that Doom would be out so long. As I was walking in I saw several people in the parking lot tail gating. Guess they can't wait for the season to start and wanted to get a head start. I have to admit that it did make me smile...:D

Started with Special Teams today. I noticed that Josh Barrett was missing again and they were trying out new guys in the gunner position. They were Cassius Vaughn, Kyle McCarthy and Nate Jones. Heard after I got home that Barrett and McKinley were put on injured reserve, dang it....:mad: I could really hear Keith Burns talking to these guys, put your hands this way, when I'm talking to Kyle the other 2 need to be paying attention, watch your body position. Now I understand that they need a replacement and so one of these guys really needs to step it up and now. They were doing lots and lots of body position and less running to start with. Plus Cox, Royal and Syd'Quan were really working on catching the ball and doing several different drills.

I saw Jamal Williams on the field for the first time today. Man is he a beast, just can not miss him.

So the music gets going and Wesley and Ayers are doing all kinds of dance moves before they start their warms ups. Lance Bell kept throwing in dance moves while warming up. While the players were stretching Coach McD walked over to Lloyd who processed to show Coach how to get his groove on, I could hear him laughing as he was walking away.

Stretching was done and as they were standing up I saw Orton look at Demarylus with the most devilish smile and say "your jersey it too clean". Then I saw the team walk over to the corner of the field where they had "mud diving" last year. When I saw Colquitt, Prater and Paxton in a dead run in that direction I knew that's what was going on. With the Vets all in a line in front of them you really can't see but you could hear them hooting and hollering the whole time. Tebow was the first to go, now before you get all what a great leader he is, well no, but it was smart. If you go first the mud is not all kicked up and it not so wet then. He dried out pretty darn quick. On the other hand Eric Olsen still looked soaked by the end of practice. Deckers, Overbay and Arnett were muddy from head to toe. Sorry for those of you that only want football, but there is so much more to camp.

I also noticed we have a new WR. Honeycutt is gone a Britt Davis has taken his place, I have no idea who's who or why.

All the normal drills today. O-line blocking, D-line getting through the blocks. QB's passing and handing off, RB's running, WR's catching, CB's and S breaking up passes. I noticed TE did more work on blocking today. The run's that I noticed were White and Hall and I saw Ball catch several passes. I was surprised how well White did. I thought he would be rusty but he seemed to read and hit those holes fast. I did see the hole collapse on Hall a few times, so it was a pleasant surprise.

Kyle Orton was off the day before, he did not have a great practice, but was much stronger with this practice. He passes were cleaner and just his timing was better. He does need some time to do his thing. When they are just passing he has the most accurate of the 3 QB's. They use a staff member to catch the balls, he is right on the money. With Quinn the staff person at times had to reach, with Tebow at times he had to move along with reach. When the O line was able to give him just a little time he had some great passes. Quinn was off on his timing. The D is gelling a getting faster and he has not adjusted yet. Tebow had the least passes on the 11/11's I had seen so far. He had a few, some were good, the ball has some zip on it, but he's still working on accuracy, Tony Carter did int him at one point. Tebow did work on the Wild Cat and that seemed to be getting better than early in the week.

Ronaldo Hill was all over, I kept noticing him, he had several nice break ups. On the Safety Blizz Bruton went through untouched and would have creamed Orton, it was great to see it. Also Justin Bannan caused some serious havic. He is going to be a hand full. Champ and Thomas kept lining up against each other and Champ is schooling him, but Thomas is learning fast and had a great catch against him. Someone I had not noticed before Devin Bishop had several nice stops on the run.

On the 11/11's Orton had the most reps. Gaff had some just great passes and on one was wild open. Royal some real beauties including a TD. Also Graham caught a ball that was amazing, the crowd goes nuts type of catch and it was threaded to him by Orton with 3 D's around him. Graham has been much more involved in catching this camp and has really fun to watch.

Prater scored on all the attempts that I saw. I was looking away a couple of times.

Over all they had a good practice. I think the timing of the mud slide was good esp with hearing the news about Doom. I heard on the radio that the D had a special meeting about Doom. I sorry I'm posting this late, living a hour away and with traffic it was more yesterday just takes a lot out of me. Will be gone till late Sat, so I'm sorry I won't be able to answer any questions. I'm not going on Sat, but I hear that there are several on here that are going to try, have a great time guys.....:D

Jagsbch
08-06-2010, 07:57 AM
So the music gets going and Wesley and Ayers are doing all kinds of dance moves before they start their warms ups. Lance Bell kept throwing in dance moves while warming up.

While the players were stretching Coach McD walked over to Lloyd who proceded to show Coach how to get his groove on, I could hear him laughing as he was walking away...

Stretching was done and as they were standing up I saw Orton look at Demarylus with the most devilish smile and say "your jersey it too clean". Then I saw the team walk over to the corner of the field where they had "mud diving" last year.

When I saw Colquitt, Prater and Paxton in a dead run in that direction I knew that's what was going on. With the Vets all in a line in front of them you really can't see but you could hear them hooting and hollering the whole time.

Tebow was the first to go, now before you get all what a great leader he is, well no, but it was smart. If you go first the mud is not all kicked up and it not so wet then. He dried out pretty darn quick. On the other hand Eric Olsen still looked soaked by the end of practice.

Deckers, Overbay and Arnett were muddy from head to toe. Sorry for those of you that only want football, but there is so much more to camp.

That is exactly what we needed to hear. Despite the horror of all the players being injured life goes on in Training camp. Thanks for sharing that take. Good stuff man.:beer:

TXBRONC
08-06-2010, 09:47 AM
Was bummed walking into camp today knowing that Doom would be out so long. As I was walking in I saw several people in the parking lot tail gating. Guess they can't wait for the season to start and wanted to get a head start. I have to admit that it did make me smile...:D

Started with Special Teams today. I noticed that Josh Barrett was missing again and they were trying out new guys in the gunner position. They were Cassius Vaughn, Kyle McCarthy and Nate Jones. Heard after I got home that Barrett and McKinley were put on injured reserve, dang it....:mad: I could really hear Keith Burns talking to these guys, put your hands this way, when I'm talking to Kyle the other 2 need to be paying attention, watch your body position. Now I understand that they need a replacement and so one of these guys really needs to step it up and now. They were doing lots and lots of body position and less running to start with. Plus Cox, Royal and Syd'Quan were really working on catching the ball and doing several different drills.

I saw Jamal Williams on the field for the first time today. Man is he a beast, just can not miss him.

So the music gets going and Wesley and Ayers are doing all kinds of dance moves before they start their warms ups. Lance Bell kept throwing in dance moves while warming up. While the players were stretching Coach McD walked over to Lloyd who processed to show Coach how to get his groove on, I could hear him laughing as he was walking away.

Stretching was done and as they were standing up I saw Orton look at Demarylus with the most devilish smile and say "your jersey it too clean". Then I saw the team walk over to the corner of the field where they had "mud diving" last year. When I saw Colquitt, Prater and Paxton in a dead run in that direction I knew that's what was going on. With the Vets all in a line in front of them you really can't see but you could hear them hooting and hollering the whole time. Tebow was the first to go, now before you get all what a great leader he is, well no, but it was smart. If you go first the mud is not all kicked up and it not so wet then. He dried out pretty darn quick. On the other hand Eric Olsen still looked soaked by the end of practice. Deckers, Overbay and Arnett were muddy from head to toe. Sorry for those of you that only want football, but there is so much more to camp.

I also noticed we have a new WR. Honeycutt is gone a Britt Davis has taken his place, I have no idea who's who or why.

All the normal drills today. O-line blocking, D-line getting through the blocks. QB's passing and handing off, RB's running, WR's catching, CB's and S breaking up passes. I noticed TE did more work on blocking today. The run's that I noticed were White and Hall and I saw Ball catch several passes. I was surprised how well White did. I thought he would be rusty but he seemed to read and hit those holes fast. I did see the hole collapse on Hall a few times, so it was a pleasant surprise.

Kyle Orton was off the day before, he did not have a great practice, but was much stronger with this practice. He passes were cleaner and just his timing was better. He does need some time to do his thing. When they are just passing he has the most accurate of the 3 QB's. They use a staff member to catch the balls, he is right on the money. With Quinn the staff person at times had to reach, with Tebow at times he had to move along with reach. When the O line was able to give him just a little time he had some great passes. Quinn was off on his timing. The D is gelling a getting faster and he has not adjusted yet. Tebow had the least passes on the 11/11's I had seen so far. He had a few, some were good, the ball has some zip on it, but he's still working on accuracy, Tony Carter did int him at one point. Tebow did work on the Wild Cat and that seemed to be getting better than early in the week.

Ronaldo Hill was all over, I kept noticing him, he had several nice break ups. On the Safety Blizz Bruton went through untouched and would have creamed Orton, it was great to see it. Also Justin Bannan caused some serious havic. He is going to be a hand full. Champ and Thomas kept lining up against each other and Champ is schooling him, but Thomas is learning fast and had a great catch against him. Someone I had not noticed before Devin Bishop had several nice stops on the run.

On the 11/11's Orton had the most reps. Gaff had some just great passes and on one was wild open. Royal some real beauties including a TD. Also Graham caught a ball that was amazing, the crowd goes nuts type of catch and it was threaded to him by Orton with 3 D's around him. Graham has been much more involved in catching this camp and has really fun to watch.

Prater scored on all the attempts that I saw. I was looking away a couple of times.

Over all they had a good practice. I think the timing of the mud slide was good esp with hearing the news about Doom. I heard on the radio that the D had a special meeting about Doom. I sorry I'm posting this late, living a hour away and with traffic it was more yesterday just takes a lot out of me. Will be gone till late Sat, so I'm sorry I won't be able to answer any questions. I'm not going on Sat, but I hear that there are several on here that are going to try, have a great time guys.....:D

No need to apologize PN it's just nice to have someone close enough to watch them regularly and to report back to the rest of us who can't be there. :beer:

Jagsbch
08-06-2010, 09:50 AM
Sacking Negativity (http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Sacking-Negativity/47fc2dd2-0676-475b-a0e1-d431675c8a1c)

"We’re not going to sit here and feel sorry for us," McDaniels said in the pre-practice media session. "We’re going to get ready to play and we’ve got a good football team in that locker room.”

underrated29
08-06-2010, 11:50 AM
Pn is a she, jags- for future reference.

Skinny
08-06-2010, 12:26 PM
I like what I've read about Bannan so far. It's early but he seems to be making a nice first impression.

Thanks pn.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

TXBRONC
08-06-2010, 12:31 PM
Hey PN did you by chance did you get to see how Ayers is looking?

frenchfan
08-07-2010, 03:57 PM
PNie... No need to apologize about anything...
It's just so great you are giving some of your time to share with us ;)
As usual, very interesting...

:salute: :kiss:

ps : :listen: I love you... Please marry me :D
(then I could move to the US and watch the camp by myself ;) :laugh: ... awwww... I'm sooooo romantic :D)
Sorry... I guess I just needed some laughs today... But oh well... i still love you anyway ;) :D... BISOUS...

Lonestar
08-07-2010, 04:05 PM
thanks for taking time out to go and then to report on it .:salute::salute::salute::salute::salute:

Davii
08-07-2010, 04:12 PM

Thanks for the report Pola!! It's great to have people on here that are able to make it to camp and report back to all of us!

I can honestly say, this site is my first resource for Broncos news!

pnbronco
08-07-2010, 09:48 PM
Hey PN did you by chance get to see how Ayers is looking?

Thanks guys as usual for all your sweet comments.

TX I have to say that Ayers looks so different this year than last in practice. Last year he honestly looked lost, and I'm talking lost like he had not idea where he was suppose to be a lot.

This year he's in the middle of everything, interacting with the other players, very vocal. Plus he's picking up a changes in the plays fast and hollering out what ever it is that they say. I don't know how all this with play out in actually games, but I feel like he's learned a lot and shows a lot more confidence.

TXBRONC
08-07-2010, 10:30 PM
Thanks guys as usual for all your sweet comments.

TX I have to say that Ayers looks so different this year than last in practice. Last year he honestly looked lost, and I'm talking lost like he had not idea where he was suppose to be a lot.

This year he's in the middle of everything, interacting with the other players, very vocal. Plus he's picking up a changes in the plays fast and hollering out what ever it is that they say. I don't know how all this with play out in actually games, but I feel like he's learned a lot and shows a lot more confidence.

That's good to here. I hope that's what we see when it really counts.

gobroncsnv
08-08-2010, 10:53 AM
Sounds like we need to start looking forward to seeing Doom and Ayers on the field together... So bummed this is postponed.
PN, thanks to you and ALL who are able to get first, UNFILTERED, news reports from the field. It's always great to get a fan's eye view of this stuff. You DO have to put up with a lot of jealousy from us, but other than that, keep up the great work. It's really appreciated out here on the western fringes (NV) of Bronco country. Thanks much, and keep it going.

pnbronco
08-08-2010, 11:07 AM
Sounds like we need to start looking forward to seeing Doom and Ayers on the field together... So bummed this is postponed.
PN, thanks to you and ALL who are able to get first, UNFILTERED, news reports from the field. It's always great to get a fan's eye view of this stuff. You DO have to put up with a lot of jealousy from us, but other than that, keep up the great work. It's really appreciated out here on the western fringes (NV) of Bronco country. Thanks much, and keep it going.

You are so welcome. Thanks for the encouragement. It's it still super hot out there? We were in Tahoe about a month ago and went down to Reno to see a Band at the Knitting Factory. Dang was it hot. I will keep trying to post what I see, but that whole life thing does seem to get in the way.

nevcraw
08-08-2010, 11:26 AM
PN - thank you for reporting your 1st hand acount of the day.. Makes us living out of state feel like we are there..