PDA

View Full Version : Broncos LB's in Training Camp

Jagsbch
08-06-2010, 05:21 AM
LB Jarvis Moss — I saw him obliterate LT D’Anthony Batiste with a bullrush for what would have been a sack (or at the very least a blatant holding penalty), and saw him get good push against Batiste a few other times.

But for the most part, when he moved over to LOLB and had to face RT Ryan Harris, Jarvis was contained. But one time against Harris (and against good offensive tackles, one time is all it takes), Jarvis was ready to catch the technician off guard.

A quick spin and Harris was on the ground, bringing Moss down with him right around Orton’s knees. Had it been game action, Moss would have wrapped up Orton for the sack.

Moss made a few plays in run support as well. He had a nice open field tackle on Toney Baker behind the line of scrimmage after getting past Harris’ block. He’s finding a way to get around his blocker’s outside edge and still make a play. Today might have been his best practice as a Bronco, and certainly the best I’ve seen.

Now, Moss still needs some work. He’s a bit awkward in his rush and gets shut down more often than not, but the main difference with Moss now from a year ago is his effort and intensity, play in and play out.

A year ago he was contemplating retirement; this year he might have to start 16 games for the Broncos, and the work appears to be there. I recognize the difference in his motivation and honor him thus here.

broncotalk.net (http://broncotalk.net/2010/08/16512/broncos-blog/denver-broncos-training-camp-2010-jockeying-for-position-0805/#more-16512)

Jagsbch
08-06-2010, 05:39 AM
Before practice started, each rookie — including Tim Tebow — had to slide through the water for a loose ball in the grass.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/files/2010/08/broncos_training2.jpg

Linebacker Devin Bishop is in there somewhere

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/509262/gyi0061236384.jpg

Linebacker Jammie Kirlew #53 of the Denver Broncos dives for the ball as rookies partake in the slip and slide fumble drill during training camp at Dove Valley on August 5 2010 in Englewood Colorado.

2010 Denver Broncos Training Camp: Kaptain's Log - Day 5 Practice Report

During the hour long drive down to Dove Valley this afternoon, I had time to digest the unfortunate loss of Elvis Dumervil for most if not the entire season. so I decided then and there, that I would try to keep an eye out on Robert Ayers and Jarvis Moss--the two players that this loss will likely affect. I will tell you right now, with that and LenDale White being at the forefront of my thoughts, I completely overlooked the fact that it was the 1st day of Camp for Jamal Williams. I hope you will forgive the omission, because I was really looking forward to seeing how J.D. Walton would fare going up against a premiere NFL Nose Tackle.

I arrive early enough to capture a primo spot in the shade, on the 45 yard line and at the top of the grassy knoll. I find myself sitting next to a cameraman and reporter from Channel 4...

There are 4 Zebras out on the sidelines, so there will be some game simulation and the coaches and players won't be calling penalties on each other...

11X11

The refs oversee 11 on 11's with the 1st Team Offense vs. the 2nd Team Defense. Lance Ball makes a good run to start the session. Tebow takes a rep and guess what, it's a running play (I'll bet you didn't see that coming). The O-Line is manned by Ryan Harris, Stanley Daniels, JD Walton, Zane Beadles and D'Anthony Batiste. Tyler Polumbus must be in the Dog house. Not only for disappointing play but possibly his direct involvement in the Dumervil injury.

Richard Quinn is also getting reps with the 1st Team. The Defense has LeKevin Smith, Jarvis Green, Akin Ayodele, Jammie Kirlew, Baraka Atkins, Nick Greisen, David Bruton Perrish Cox, Kyle McCarthy, and Alphonso Smith. Kyle Orton throws a pass over the head of Brandon Lloyd.

Brady Quinn hits Marquez Branson on a deep post down the middle of the field (Nice play). 1st Team Defense rotates in and I see Jarvis Moss playing Left Outside Linebacker and Robert Ayers is on the right side.

On LenDale White's first carry of the day, Jarvis Moss is in on the tackle for maybe a yard. On a deep out to Jabar Gaffney, Champ Bailey breaks up the pass and Pass Interference is called. Both players were mixing it up and since they aren't marking yardage, I couldn't tell which player drew the flag.

LenDale White gets another carry and rumbles for about 4 yards. Orton runs a keeper across Right Tackle. He looks agile enough to me without messed up ankles. They run a play action pass to Lance Ball and on the following play Ball is stuffed at the line. HORN...

7X7

Red Zone pass drills are next. 7 on 7's. Orton takes the first 3 reps and then Quinn has two. Brady Quinn is picked off by Andre' Goodman on a pass intended for Matthew Willis. Brady completes a pass to DeMaryius Thomas that Perrish Cox is guarding fairly well. Tebow's turn.

He holds the ball too long on the first rep and the second pass attempt is behind DeMaryius Thomas. Orton passes to Gaffney and Jarvis Moss and Mario Haggan Hi/Low him to break up the play.

Next play Kyle fires a touchdown pass to Brandon Lloyd and Lloyd takes out the play clock located in the end zone. The clock is removed by two ball boys. Daniel Graham drop a pass from Orton and then Kyle hits Marquez Branson on a fade in the endzone.

David Bruton breaks up a pass intended for Matthew Willis. On the next play, a flag is thrown on Syd'Quan Thompson who is battling with Eric Decker. Tebow shows indecision, rolls right and finally lobs it incomplete (Shakes head). HORN.

11 X 11's

The units switch sides and go 11 on 11's from the 30 yard line. Kyle Orton completes pass underneath to Brandon Lloyd. Justin Bannan and Jarvis Green penetrate on the next play, forcing Orton to throw the ball away. Kyle steps up in the pocket on the ensuing play and Lloyd comes back for a completion. Quinn comes in and has to throw it away out of bounds.

Brady rolls out to the right a fires a strike to Jabar Gaffney and then a quick out to Lance Ball for a touchdown. Wink Martindale has a Cow! Kyle hits DeMaryius Thomas on a sideline pass.

Tebow runs to the right. Orton makes a sharp pass to Gaffney. Tebow sells the fake well on a hand off to Lance Ball. LenDale White bruises for 5 yards in the Red Zone. Orton throws an incomplete pass behind Gaffney.

Toss right to Bruce Hall. Justin Bannan gets penetration, forcing Hall to bounce it outside and he is stopped for no gain.

Orton then hits Jabar in the front of the end zone for a touchdown (Nice catch). They run it again from the same spot and Eddie Royal makes a beautiful diving catch on a fade in the end zone. kyle sprints over and high-fives him.

Kyle hits Gaffney over the middle, just short of the end zone. HORN.

Switch sides. ball is on the 45 yard line. 1st Offense against the 2nd Team Defense.

Bruce Hall for 2 yards. D'Anthony Batiste is in at Left Tackle. They run twice behind his blocking. Apparently Batiste is getting a hard look. LenDale White rips off a nice 10-12 yard run off the right side (Very nice run). HORN.

2 minute drill

The refs come back and the Chain Gang sets up on the sideline for 11 on 11's. 2 minute drill. Bruce Hall carries. Brady Quinn misses Richard Quinn. Jarvis Moss stays home and has a Tackle For Loss on Toney Baker who catches a pass in the backfield (Nice play Jarvis).

Kyle connects with Brandon Lloyd on a sideline pass and Lloyd is ruled In bounds. Andre' Goodman was defending on the play. Orton is sacked by Ryan McBean on the next play.

Kyle throws it anyway and Champ Bailey intercepts it. Kyle then hits Daniel Graham on a deep post even though he was interfered with. Ryan McBean and Robert Ayers force Kyle to throw it away.

Jarvis Moss is nicked on the play, but is able to continue.

Orton connects with Eddie Royal for a touchdown. That was a good finish to the 2 minute drill. Tebow time. The ball is back on the 45. He pats the ball, pauses and then steps up and throws a pick to Tony Carter at the sideline.
The Referee calls it a good catch.

The Field Goal Unit comes out and Matt Prater makes two from the 34. They have a narrowed set of Goal posts for Prater to aim for. They move the spot to the other hash mark and Prater makes it from the 35. He misses from the 43 and the second and third tries are good.

Cool Down Time. The Linebackers are signing autographs today. Devin Bishop, Akin Ayodele, Jammie Kirlew, Nick Greisen, and Mario Haggan. DeMaryius Thomas is out there too. Eddie Royal signs a handful and the crowd calls for Tebow. He finally does a run by and high-fives the crowd.

FINAL THOUGHTS

LenDale White didn't disappoint on his first full day of practice. Was he terrific? No, but it looks like he can contribute, and he didn't look out of shape.

Jarvis Moss had some highlights. He was noticeable in pass coverage, pass rushing, assisting on tackles and even had a Tackle For a Loss. Robert Ayers played in Elvis Dumervil's spot and D'Anthony Batiste played on the 1st Teams at Left Tackle.

Royal and Gaffney were featured quite a bit today and Brandon Lloyd also played with the 1st Team. The passing is showing improvement daily. All 3 QB's are throwing more crisp passes and less are being thrown behind the receivers.

Kyle Orton took the majority of snaps. Brady Quinn did fairly well with his opportunities and Tebow, well he was Tebow. I took a few more pictures and I will post another set in the near future, but tomorrow is an early wake up for 2 practices.:beer:

milehighreport.com (http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/8/6/1608487/2010-denver-broncos-training-camp#storyjump)

Jagsbch
08-06-2010, 06:17 AM
http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2010/0805/20100805__20100806_C07_SP06DUMERVILG~p1.JPG

There may be seven stages of grief, but the Broncos were doing the best they could Thursday to leap from "shock" to "acceptance and hope" as they pondered the possibility of a season without Pro Bowl linebacker Elvis Dumervil.

"He's a hard guy to replace, but we may have to," cornerback Champ Bailey said. "We go do what we do. Right now we like what we have. We're going to work with that. That's the situation. Nothing can change that."

Said linebacker Mario Haggan: "Trust me, I want Elvis back. Only he wants to be back more than I want him back. But that's not going to happen right now."

Dumervil was injured in Wednesday evening's practice as he worked in a one-on-one drill against tackle Tyler Polumbus. Dumervil extended his right arm as he engaged Polumbus and quickly pulled it down, grimacing in pain...

If the Broncos put Dumervil on injured reserve, they would not be required to take action on his roster spot until the final, league-mandated cut to 53 players Sept. 4.

"So we're not going to look at it as the glass is half-empty, we're going to look at it the other direction," Mc- Daniels said. "And hopefully, we'll have him back at some point."

Said nose tackle Jamal Williams: "I'm hoping he gets back pretty soon. We were counting on him."

Jarvis Moss, who briefly left training camp last year because he was frustrated by his play and his diminishing role on the team, has lined up in Dumervil's spot.

McDaniels also said Haggan, who played at outside linebacker last season before being moved to inside linebacker this year, could be an option in some situations.

"Maybe it's an opportunity for Jarvis to keep his confidence up, rebuild his career," Haggan said.

denverpost.com (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15690766)

Jagsbch
08-06-2010, 07:03 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sPeh8USj3xQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sPeh8USj3xQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

"That kind of irritated me. I really just told coach to just give me the ball, because I really wanted to hit somebody, extremely hard the next play."

The reason why I'd love to see Tebow play LB~!!