PDA

View Full Version : Last Game You Played and Rate it.

Pages : [1] 2

Thnikkaman
07-01-2008, 01:01 PM
This is just like the movies one, but video games. Go figure.

To Start:

Red Steel (Wii) -- 6.5/10. This is actually a fun game to play making good use of wiimote gestures for such an early game on the console. I only played through about the first third of the game before sending it back to Game Fly since it was a fun game, but I couldn't get over some of the flaws. My biggest complaints are the graphics which look like the same quality of the first Max Payne game. The enemy dialog was novel at first, but it only takes being called Gaijin or ******* so many times before it gets really old. The cut scenes were done comic book style, and really reminded me of something I saw on the SNES or Genisis so many years ago. I didn't get a chance to play multiplayer, and that may have changed my opinion, but like I said, its on its way back to Game Fly.

BOSSHOGG30
07-01-2008, 01:12 PM
COD4 / Call of Duty 4

Grade: AWESOME! Should come with a warning label that says extremely addictive

underrated29
07-01-2008, 01:16 PM
cod 4 on the box.

I bet online is super sick, but i cant do that so i can only play the game. I wish there were more levels. After i beat it on all difficulties i dont play it anymore- i suck.

still gets a 9/10 though.

Arkansas Bronco
07-02-2008, 10:12 AM
Well technically the last game I played was also COD4 and its a 9.5/10 at least. Its the best shooter I ever played.

Also Metal Gear Solid 4 is also a 9.5-10/10. Most stunning graphics ever also a good story line. Single player is all I have played.

slim
07-02-2008, 10:34 AM
Hide the Salami - 10/10

Thnikkaman
07-02-2008, 10:53 AM
Hide the Salami - 10/10

I gave that a 9/10, it just doesn't have the same excitement as Just The Tip which I give a 10/10.

:topic:

Thnikkaman
07-02-2008, 10:55 AM
Hide the Salami - 10/10

I gave that a 9/10, it just doesn't have the same excitement as Just The Tip which I give a 10/10.

As far as video games go.

Wii Fit 9/10 - Any video game that keeps me exercising is a good one.

Timmy!
07-02-2008, 10:58 AM
Good idea for a thread.

Bully, Scholarship Edition: 8/10 Fun game as I never played the ps2 regular version. It's like a milder GTA, but nowhere even close to the graphics of GTAIV. Overall, an entertaining sandbox game with lots of mini games.

Broncospsycho77
07-02-2008, 11:54 AM
COD4 - 9/10.

Skate - 10/10.

Gears of War - 9.5/10

BOSSHOGG30
07-02-2008, 01:10 PM
COD4 - 9/10.

Skate - 10/10.

Gears of War - 9.5/10

What is Skate?

Thnikkaman
07-02-2008, 01:22 PM
What is Skate?

Skate is EA's take on the Tony Hawk series. I have really wanted to get my hands on this game for a while. I don't know much about the story other than I think its a sandbox skate boarding game. The innovative part is the controls where you mimic different skate board tricks using the right analog joystick rather than button mashing.

I would really like to see a Wii version of this game, but doubt I ever will.

MOtorboat
07-02-2008, 01:34 PM
MLB 2K8

1/10

I lost a game last night at the Single A level :tsk:

But Mike Moustakis was 2/5 with three RBI and a HR.

Ask me tonight, it will probably be 10/10

aberdien
07-02-2008, 01:34 PM
Bully - 8.5/10

Pretty fun game...it was cheap at Wal-Mart so I bought it and it's pretty cool.

aberdien
07-02-2008, 01:35 PM
MLB 2K8

1/10

I lost a game last night at the Single A level :tsk:

But Mike Moustakis was 2/5 with three RBI and a HR.

Ask me tonight, it will probably be 10/10

I haven't gotten a baseball game since MVP 05 or something...is the 2K8 series any good?

Slick
07-02-2008, 01:47 PM
Skate is EA's take on the Tony Hawk series. I have really wanted to get my hands on this game for a while. I don't know much about the story other than I think its a sandbox skate boarding game. The innovative part is the controls where you mimic different skate board tricks using the right analog joystick rather than button mashing.

I would really like to see a Wii version of this game, but doubt I ever will.

I bought Skate and the latest Tony Hawk game...Proving Ground I think. Skate is much more fun, harder but more fun. If you can find a copy, pick it up.

The last game I played was GTA4. I'd give it a 10/10. My only complaint is that it took a while to get used to the controls. I have the 360 version and I was so used to it on PS2.

I haven't turned on the 360 in over a month. I'm curious to see if anyone likes the new Battlefield.

MOtorboat
07-02-2008, 01:50 PM
I haven't gotten a baseball game since MVP 05 or something...is the 2K8 series any good?

I'm a baseball fanatic, so keep that in mind...

This year's game is pretty good, imo. I think all the new "swing-stick" and "complete control pitching" (or whatever they are called) are freakin' useless. The stupid pitching thing has you move the right stick in various patterns to get the right pitches. I think that's retarded. I, personally, revert to classic controls and its fun for me.

They've finally added a full minor league system, which is what I love the best about it. Games/Playoffs/Rosters/Development, the thing this year. Took a few years before they integrated that into the game. I will tell you MLB 05 was the best baseball game ever. But 2K is starting to get to that, imo.

MHCBill
07-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Agree MB... MLB '05 is the shizzle.

Benetto
07-02-2008, 02:08 PM
Heavenly Sword 8/10

Easily a top 10 Video game of all time for me.

BOSSHOGG30
07-02-2008, 02:17 PM

I would rank it a 6 out of 10... nothing special, but fun when you are in baseball mode.

Scarface
07-02-2008, 11:34 PM
Uncharted Drake's Fortune 9/10 - If you have a PS3 this is a must play game.

The Bourne Identity Game 7/10 - Pretty cool game

BTW, if you haven't signed up for GameFly yet you're missing out. This is the way to go if you want to play a lot of games without having to buy them all.

Timmy!
07-03-2008, 08:47 AM
Mass Effect: 9.5/10

I can't say enough good things about this game. It's in my top 5 of all time. It's like KOTOR (knights of the old republic) and Halo had a baby, and it grew up to be the hottest chick of all time. It blends an RPG with a FPS, with a sandbox game and has an AMAZING story. I can't wait for the sequels. It's so good, that this game alone makes the 360 my favorite system (can't get it on ps3). It's only downfalls are no multiplayer, (it's not that kinda of game anyway) and some graphic layers loading a bit late (Bioware dropped the ball by not polishing it enough in that regard, IMO), but the game itself is so amazing and looks so great you won't even notice the issues after a couple hours. Bottom line, if you have a 360, you need to play this game.

Thnikkaman
07-03-2008, 08:51 AM
Mass Effect: 9.5/10

I can't say enough good things about this game. It's in my top 5 of all time. It's like KOTOR (knights of the old republic) and Halo had a baby, and it grew up to be the hottest chick of all time. It blends an RPG with a FPS, with a sandbox game and has an AMAZING story. I can't wait for the next ones to come out. It's so good, that this game alone makes the 360 my favorite system (can't get it on ps3). It's only downfalls are no multiplayer, (it's not that kinda of game anyway) and some graphic layers loading a bit late (Bioware dropped the ball by not polishing it enough in that regard, IMO), but the game itself is so amazing and looks so great you won't even notice the issues after a couple hours. Bottom line, if you have a 360, you need to play this game.

I have a copy for it on the PC. I haven't got around to installing it yet. Maybe this weekend.

Timmy!
07-03-2008, 08:55 AM
I have a copy for it on the PC. I haven't got around to installing it yet. Maybe this weekend.

I've never played the PC version, maybe the minor texture loading issues won't be as bad. The only thing I could think of is it might be hard without a 360 controller as you really do use pretty much every button. Regardless, I'd be willing to bet you'll love it.

Thnikkaman
07-03-2008, 09:10 AM
I've never played the PC version, maybe the minor texture loading issues won't be as bad. The only thing I could think of is it might be hard without a 360 controller as you really do use pretty much every button. Regardless, I'd be willing to bet you'll love it.

I had KOTR for PC and KOTR 2 for XBox and found it easier to play on the PC.

I also have one of these:

http://c1.neweggimages.com/NeweggImage/productimage/23-146-004-02.jpg

Which makes having a ton of key bindings easy for any game. For instance, for my average game of TF2, I use w,a,s,d to move around, 1-6 keys for wepon selection as well as the mouse wheel. K to talk to my team mates. O to change class, and a few other buttons that are specific for their classes.

Timmy!
07-04-2008, 10:37 AM
Rock Band: 9.5/10

What can I say? This game is just fun to play, especially with a group of people. It's very nice that everybody can choose their own difficulty so beginners have no problems playing with uber Rock Band nerds (like me). Probably the greatest party game every made.

NameUsedBefore
07-06-2008, 07:32 AM
Titan Quest + expansion; 9/10, basically Diablo II with 3D graphics and physics.

Also a game which has officially made me its bitch not to mention being a big fat reminder of why I should stay far, far away from RPGs.

studbucket
07-06-2008, 01:36 PM
I have 3 360 games, and I've played them all in the last few weeks, so I'll just cheat:

Mass Effect 9/10. Awesome game; only drawback is repetitiveness of side quests. (Thnikka, you should love it if you liked KOTOR/Jade Empire). I can't wait until the 2nd ME comes out.

College Hoops 2K8 9/10. Best sports game I have ever played, hands down. Too bad they won't be releasing another one. However, with 2Kshare, I can keep updating my rosters for years to come.

All-Pro Football 2K8 6.5/10. If you have a friend who loves football and 2K games as much as you do, this can be a blast to play. If you are lonely and have to play it by yourself, it loses its appeal very fast. Great gameplay, not much else there.

Timmy!
07-06-2008, 09:50 PM
I have 3 360 games, and I've played them all in the last few weeks, so I'll just cheat:

Mass Effect 9/10. Awesome game; only drawback is repetitiveness of side quests. (Thnikka, you should love it if you liked KOTOR/Jade Empire). I can't wait until the 2nd ME comes out.

College Hoops 2K8 9/10. Best sports game I have ever played, hands down. Too bad they won't be releasing another one. However, with 2Kshare, I can keep updating my rosters for years to come.

All-Pro Football 2K8 6.5/10. If you have a friend who loves football and 2K games as much as you do, this can be a blast to play. If you are lonely and have to play it by yourself, it loses its appeal very fast. Great gameplay, not much else there.

Mass Effect FTW! Hey stud, if you have xbox live, I'd highly recommend spending the $5 (I think that's what it cost) and get the expansion pack (it's another planet, with a new aliens that you haven't seen). It's nothing super amazing, but well worth the $5.

Broncospsycho77
07-07-2008, 03:28 PM
Mass Effect: 8.5/10

Great game, but lengthy and a bit tough. I originally bought it around Christmas, but then I got COD4 so I took an extended absence from it... just got back into it, and I finally got past the first or second quest thing (I made my guy ugly as $hit for a laugh or two)... only 2 hours or so into it... and it's a good time.

Timmy!
07-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Mass Effect: 8.5/10

Great game, but lengthy and a bit tough. I originally bought it around Christmas, but then I got COD4 so I took an extended absence from it... just got back into it, and I finally got past the first or second quest thing (I made my guy ugly as $hit for a laugh or two)... only 2 hours or so into it... and it's a good time.

I didn't find it very tough, although some planets/missions are much harder than others, some classes are also weaker to start with. The 1st time I beat the game I went with a soldier and once I got the best assault rifle and maxed its ability along with shield boost and immunity I was un-friggin-stopable. The cool thing about beating the game is you get a class skill if you create another character. For instance, I beat the game as a soldier, so then I restarted as a Sentinel (biotics & tech), BUT, I am also able to use an assault rifle since I beat the game as a soldier. Talk about the best of all worlds!

EastCoastBronco
07-08-2008, 01:39 PM
Rainbow Six: Vegas 1 - (Online co-op Terrorist Hunt mode) - 8/10
Metal Gear Solid 4 - Just defeated the second Boss - 12/10

Benetto
07-08-2008, 01:43 PM
I played Ironman last night. A rental from Gamefly..

3/10

I give it a 3 only cause of the graphics...Horrible gameplay..Repetitive, boring, long load times....Flat out bad. I sent that shit back this morning....Still waiting on Metal Gear 4...Or should I just buy it?

studbucket
07-08-2008, 01:50 PM

You should definitely check it out, I started playing it again recently and love it. Here's what Wikipedia has on the PC version:

A PC version of the game was released 28th May 2008, with aspects of the game rebuilt in order to address criticisms of the earlier Xbox 360 version. Early reviews of the PC version by Ars Technica and PC Zone have hailed it as the "definitive" Mass Effect, and an outstanding port to the PC platform. The PC port was created by the company Demiurge Studios. The game entered the U.S. PC game charts at No.3, beaten by 2 different versions of Age of Conan at 1 & 2. The first mainstream print magazine review of Mass Effect for the PC was from PC Zone, scoring 92%. PC Gamer gave the game a 91%, stating that its main flaws were its horrible inventory system and the fact that it only has one ending.

I didn't find it very tough, although some planets/missions are much harder than others, some classes are also weaker to start with. The 1st time I beat the game I went with a soldier and once I got the best assault rifle and maxed its ability along with shield boost and immunity I was un-friggin-stopable. The cool thing about beating the game is you get a class skill if you create another character. For instance, I beat the game as a soldier, so then I restarted as a Sentinel (biotics & tech), BUT, I am also able to use an assault rifle since I beat the game as a soldier. Talk about the best of all worlds!

I went through as an infiltrator (pistols, sniper rifles, and some tech stuff), and I'm replaying with that character to get the level 60 achievement. He looks a lot like me, and it's quite fun playing with him (I held a mirror up next to the PC and spent 20-30 minutes tuning the guy :) ). I also started a Vanguard too.

Info on Mass Effect 2 from Wikipedia:

Casey Hudson, Project Director for BioWare, has said that players should keep their Mass Effect save-files[citation needed], because decisions made by the player in the first game will continue to have influences on their character in the sequel.[citation needed] Players who have not played the first Mass Effect will start a new character in Mass Effect 2, and will be brought up to speed on the story elements that have taken place thus far in the series.[2]

It has been confirmed that the same team that worked on Mass Effect will be working on Mass Effect 2.[3] Furthermore, senior manager Matt Atwood at BioWare stated that Mass Effect 2 will be exclusive to the Xbox 360 for "at least a short period of time"; however, he also mentioned a PC version of Mass Effect 2 would eventually become available.

I can't wait to see how the trilogy works out!

Scarface
07-12-2008, 12:54 AM
I just picked up Dark Sector and the glaive rules.

http://videogames.techfresh.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/1.jpg

EastCoastBronco
07-23-2008, 12:11 PM
Just finished Metal Gear 4. Highest rating there is. Great freaking game.

Thnikkaman
07-23-2008, 12:35 PM
Borrowing my friends 360 while he is moving so I got to try Skate and GTA4.

Skate - 8/10 The flick-it controls are a good idea. I would love to see this implemented on the wii. I also would love to see the wii with a better graphics card, but I doubt that will happen as well.

GTA4 - 7/10 Pretty good. I like the updated environment graphics, but it seems like the character models could use a lot of improvement. I will definitely be getting this when it is released for the PC. However, while I was playing it, it really made me want to load up GTA3: San Andreas by far my favorite of the franchise.

EastCoastBronco
07-23-2008, 12:43 PM
Borrowing my friends 360 while he is moving so I got to try Skate and GTA4.

Skate - 8/10 The flick-it controls are a good idea. I would love to see this implemented on the wii. I also would love to see the wii with a better graphics card, but I doubt that will happen as well.

GTA4 - 7/10 Pretty good. I like the updated environment graphics, but it seems like the character models could use a lot of improvement. I will definitely be getting this when it is released for the PC. However, while I was playing it, it really made me want to load up GTA3: San Andreas by far my favorite of the franchise.

I just got GTA 4 a couple of days ago. Looking forward to trying it out. I preferred Vice City to San Andreas.

MOtorboat
07-23-2008, 12:50 PM
Well, I'd tell you how NCAA '09 is, but the ******** still haven't gotten it to me...7 business days later...and...they can't tell me where it is, either.

BigDaddyBronco
07-23-2008, 12:54 PM
Well, I'd tell you how NCAA '09 is, but the ******** still haven't gotten it to me...7 business days later...and...they can't tell me where it is, either.
Some guy in shipping and his buddies are having a blast right now! :laugh:

MOtorboat
07-23-2008, 12:57 PM
Some guy in shipping and his buddies are having a blast right now! :laugh:

I bet they are. ******s. The worst part about it is there is no customer service line, so I have to wait 24 hours for them to answer my e-mails, so on Monday, I sent an e-mail, and the response was, "that's not enough information," so I sent them all the stuff they wanted, Order No., date ordered, last four digits of credit card, yada yada, and I get an e-mail this morning, "I'm sorry, that's not sufficient enough to figure out what the problem is, but we'll look into it."

This really sucks. No phone number. You can't contact them in person, and now I know why.

Thnikkaman
07-23-2008, 01:06 PM
I bet they are. ******s. The worst part about it is there is no customer service line, so I have to wait 24 hours for them to answer my e-mails, so on Monday, I sent an e-mail, and the response was, "that's not enough information," so I sent them all the stuff they wanted, Order No., date ordered, last four digits of credit card, yada yada, and I get an e-mail this morning, "I'm sorry, that's not sufficient enough to figure out what the problem is, but we'll look into it."

This really sucks. No phone number. You can't contact them in person, and now I know why.

Who did you order it from?

Benetto
07-23-2008, 02:23 PM
I try to never order shit through the computer...Being in Los Angeles most everything is out here or is decent driving distance away.

Usually people on Ebay cut A LOT of corners to sell cheap shit, and advertise it as original or authentic. China made crap.

Plus I have found a lot of problems with shipping...

Internet buying is usually a last resort for me...Especially for things I can go to the store and buy.

Thnikkaman
07-23-2008, 03:10 PM
I try to never order shit through the computer...Being in Los Angeles most everything is out here or is decent driving distance away.

Usually people on Ebay cut A LOT of corners to sell cheap shit, and advertise it as original or authentic. China made crap.

Internet buying is usually a last resort for me...Especially for things I can go to the store and buy.

Can't beat NewEgg. Too bad they don't have a storefront down there.

MOtorboat
07-23-2008, 03:15 PM
Who did you order it from?

Pre-Order from EA.

MOtorboat
07-23-2008, 03:15 PM

That's great for you Ben...I live in the sticks...online shopping is a sometimes necessity.

NameUsedBefore
07-23-2008, 03:21 PM
More Titan Quest. I also bought S.T.A.L.K.E.R. which kinda reminds me of the bleakness of Fallout mixed with the mercenary atmosphere of Jagged Alliance... but in first person. Very fun, very creepy game... Most amusing that the environment in the game has a flow and ebb to it. Walk into an area full of monsters and not only you will have grief, but so will everyone else. Clans of 'STALKERS' often run across one another and fight it out. It isn't uncommon to be scavenging a house while a firefight suddenly breaks out in the distance. It helps that the AI for the human-NPCs is incredible, probably one of the best I've ever seen.

9/10.

I'm a sucker for atmospheric games.

Benetto
07-23-2008, 03:24 PM
That's great for you Ben...I live in the sticks...online shopping is a sometimes necessity.
I wish I lived where nothing was going on...I'm friggin burnt out over here...Too many damn people and places to waste money.

Benetto
07-23-2008, 03:26 PM
Haze 9/10 (only on PS3)

This game is the closest you're going to get to simulated combat...Even more than COD4...Yeah I said it..

NameUsedBefore
07-23-2008, 03:29 PM
Haze 9/10 (only on PS3)

This game is the closest you're going to get to simulated combat...Even more than COD4...Yeah I said it..

Gasp... COD4 isn't really a simulation, IMO.

For that you should try Red Orchestra Ostfront. Then again, if you thought COD4 was a solid simulation you will be pulling your head out with that game :lol:

Benetto
07-23-2008, 03:40 PM
Gasp... COD4 isn't really a simulation, IMO.

For that you should try Red Orchestra Ostfront. Then again, if you thought COD4 was a solid simulation you will be pulling your head out with that game :lol:

COD4 was pretty dang realistic to me...

Thnikkaman
07-23-2008, 03:49 PM
More Titan Quest. I also bought S.T.A.L.K.E.R. which kinda reminds me of the bleakness of Fallout mixed with the mercenary atmosphere of Jagged Alliance... but in first person. Very fun, very creepy game... Most amusing that the environment in the game has a flow and ebb to it. Walk into an area full of monsters and not only you will have grief, but so will everyone else. Clans of 'STALKERS' often run across one another and fight it out. It isn't uncommon to be scavenging a house while a firefight suddenly breaks out in the distance. It helps that the AI for the human-NPCs is incredible, probably one of the best I've ever seen.

9/10.

I'm a sucker for atmospheric games.

I am thinking more and more that I need to pick up a copy of this.

NameUsedBefore
07-23-2008, 04:00 PM
COD4 was pretty dang realistic to me...

Try Red Orchrestra sometime. You will see what a 'realistic' FPS is really about. COD4 is a fine game, but it isn't a realistic one. Which is good, let me tell you. Realism is often best kept out of games if it doesn't work. COD4 probably wouldn't be nearly as fun if you were restrained in the name of 'realism'. I found Red Orchestra to be a very frustrating game because of its realism. Fun, at times, but I don't play FPSs to gauge the wind and prep for the gradual drop of the round I'm firing.

I am thinking more and more that I need to pick up a copy of this.

I got it through Steam for $20. I read through online forums for sometime, watched some youtube vids, etc. It's a fine game, but I'd do that first. I can easily say it isn't for everyone.

Benetto
07-23-2008, 04:03 PM
Try Red Orchrestra sometime. You will see what a 'realistic' FPS is really about. COD4 is a fine game, but it isn't a realistic one. Which is good, let me tell you. Realism is often best kept out of games if it doesn't work. COD4 probably wouldn't be nearly as fun if you were restrained in the name of 'realism'. I found Red Orchestra to be a very frustrating game because of its realism. Fun, at times, but I don't play FPSs to gauge the wind and prep for the gradual drop of the round I'm firing.

I got it through Steam for $20. I read through online forums for sometime, watched some youtube vids, etc. It's a fine game, but I'd do that first. I can easily say it isn't for everyone.

Thanks for the recommondation...

girler
07-23-2008, 04:08 PM
Hey I can post here now. :lol:

wii bowling. I need to freaking clean my house. :tsk: I got a bit intimate with my TV. :whistle:

Arkansas Bronco
07-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Hey I can post here now. :lol:

wii bowling. I need to freaking clean my house. :tsk: I got a bit intimate with my TV. :whistle:

I hate wii bowling. Im a 195ish average bowler and my wife kicks the crap out of me on that game.

girler
07-23-2008, 07:09 PM
I hate wii bowling. Im a 195ish average bowler and my wife kicks the crap out of me on that game.

My kids just stand there and wave their arms around, and I'm all no, this is how you bowl! And then I fall over all the crap on the floor. :laugh: The dogs start wondering why I'm stepping on them, or I fall over them into the TV... :tsk:

I've decided to just let the kids wave their arms around. :coffee:

Timmy!
07-23-2008, 07:26 PM
Stuntman Ignition (stupid Gamefly sending me games at like #8 on my list)

4/10. Fun for about 20 minutes...then it becomes lame and ultra repetitive.

Arkansas Bronco
07-23-2008, 07:29 PM
My kids just stand there and wave their arms around, and I'm all no, this is how you bowl! And then I fall over all the crap on the floor. :laugh: The dogs start wondering why I'm stepping on them, or I fall over them into the TV... :tsk:

I've decided to just let the kids wave their arms around. :coffee:

I cant do that I actually make the approach my wife does as well. She was a league bowler as well but was about a 150 average.

Thnikkaman
07-24-2008, 12:06 AM
Super Mario Galaxies - 10/10

If you liked Super Mario 64, you will love this one.

Scarface
07-24-2008, 08:46 AM
Haze 9/10 (only on PS3)

Haze got terrible reviews from everyone. Is it really worth checking out?

CutlerLover
07-24-2008, 12:11 PM
Halo actually is the last one i played! i would give it a 9/10

Thnikkaman
07-24-2008, 01:24 PM
Halo actually is the last one i played! i would give it a 9/10

Halo is OVER RATED.

Broncospsycho77
07-24-2008, 02:30 PM
Halo was overrated. It was a good time, though, while the third one was popular, as much as I sucked at it.

Word on the street, though, is that Bungie's current project is Halo-related.

Benetto
07-24-2008, 02:31 PM
Halo was grossly over hyped and overrated. I enjoyed it while it lasted, but it wasn't no classic.

Benetto
07-24-2008, 02:35 PM
Haze got terrible reviews from everyone. Is it really worth checking out?

I rented it and played through the first few levels...As far as I played, shit was badass...but repeditive...Graphics and gameplay were off the chain though...IMO...

Benetto
07-24-2008, 02:37 PM
Super Mario Galaxies - 10/10

If you liked Super Mario 64, you will love this one.

SM64 is one of my all time faves....Looooong game, plus it was the first next gen game to really show better graphics...

Heeey its meee, Mario...

NameUsedBefore
07-24-2008, 02:37 PM
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.

Romping through the mountains as a half-naked Nordic-looking dude :lol:

Timmy!
07-24-2008, 03:18 PM
I haven't played it personally, but my friend bought Haze. He played it for a week and traded it in. He said it was pretty lame. Halo 3 was sooooo overrated/hyped. Gears of War rocks. So...in FPS, I'd say:

Gears of War>COD4>Halo=Haze

Broncospsycho77
07-24-2008, 03:26 PM
Gears of War is sick nasty. I still play it every so often. 10/10 and a killer campaign mode too. Can't wait for GOW2.

NameUsedBefore
08-02-2008, 06:40 PM
Fallout 2.

10/10.

The options are, quite frankly, insane.

Timmy!
08-02-2008, 07:03 PM
Fallout 2.

10/10.

The options are, quite frankly, insane.

Classic game. Great storyline, tons of options, gore, and freaking hilarious.

Just over a month to Fallout 3! :woot:

Benetto
08-02-2008, 07:08 PM
Battlefield:bad company

7/10

Its like COD4 in so many ways, except COD4 is better. COD4 is a 9/10 imo...

Timmy!
08-08-2008, 12:26 AM
Assassin's Creed: 8.5/10. I played it when it first came out, but never finished it as I was just loaning it from my buddy and then I bought Mass Effect. Awesome game, amazing graphics. The only reason it doesn't get a 9 is it gets very repetitive.

Overlord:: 7/10. I'm about 10 hours in and am pleasantly surprised, as I didn't expect a lot (stupid gamefly, sending me a game at #8 on my list). Controlling a horde of little demon minions is extremely entertaining, as is ransacking/burning/destroying almost everything in the game, and it's humorous as well. Worth renting if you have a 360.

slim
08-08-2008, 08:24 PM
Has anyone played The Club?

I downloaded the demo and it looks like a decent game.

tia.

jrelway
08-11-2008, 04:53 PM
borrowed my brothers wii for the week. played wii sports bowling for about 2 hrs last night with some friends..my left ass cheek is pretty dam sore.

8/10 very fun party game.

Shep
09-18-2008, 01:21 AM
COD 4 10/10 still. Two more prestige levels to the gold cross

Tiger Woods 09
7.5/10 It's golf, but I'll take what I can get during the winter here in CO.

Timmy!
09-18-2008, 02:29 AM
Rock Band 2: 9/10

It's pretty awesome. Gameplay is pretty close to the original, but they made some minor tweaks to improve it. Several new game modes, and of course 80 new disc songs (a very good selection). I also paid the extra $5 and imported all the original Rock Band 1 songs to my hard drive so they can all be played on Rock Band 2 (all downloaded content transfers for free) so I have something like 300 songs. They made vocals harder, and the guitar is much harder (think Guitar Hero). Online tour is a blast.

Timmy!
11-05-2008, 05:36 PM
Fallout 3

9.5/10 EPIC.

Broncospsycho77
11-05-2008, 05:41 PM
I pre-ordered my Gears 2 at Gamestop last week.

Friday's gonna be so epic.

Broncospsycho77
11-08-2008, 01:55 PM
Gears of War 2 - 10/10

I'm about 60% through the campaign right now... so much fun. I didn't stand up for a three hour period at one point as I played co-op with a friend. Get this game.

Benetto
11-08-2008, 02:44 PM
Motorstorm 8/10

Great racing action, great graphics and gameplay...but if you are in first place for the entire race, and crash once there is no way to get back in first...Very hard.

NameUsedBefore
11-10-2008, 12:32 AM
Left 4 Dead - 9/10 (Demo)

Really fun game.

Benetto
11-11-2008, 12:52 PM
(ps3) Godfather 6/10

Cool game play and story...Easy to get caught up and play for 2-3 hours....but VERY repetitive, and PS2 type graphics...Otherwise this game would get an 8-10.

NightTrainLayne
11-11-2008, 12:57 PM
MotorStorm: 9/10

Got this used from Gamestop for like $12. It is awesome fun if you like off-road/driving simulations. Some fun "arcade" aspects along with some "simulation" aspects all-together make for a really enjoyable game.

Benetto
11-11-2008, 01:00 PM
MotorStorm: 9/10

Got this used from Gamestop for like $12. It is awesome fun if you like off-road/driving simulations. Some fun "arcade" aspects along with some "simulation" aspects all-together make for a really enjoyable game.

Pacific Rift is Motorstorm, but 10X better..Worth the extra 40 some odd dollars...

I agree though...MS is bad ass...

Benetto
11-11-2008, 01:01 PM
Layne we both have all these online games, but yet we fail to get online and kick some peoples asses at these games...We are both busy guys, but come on now...

You too Buff, Scarface, and Claymore.

Northman
11-11-2008, 01:01 PM
World of Warcraft. 10/10

NightTrainLayne
11-11-2008, 01:02 PM
Pacific Rift is Motorstorm, but 10X better..Worth the extra 40 some odd dollars...

I agree though...MS is bad ass...

Cool, I was hoping someone had tried it out. I was already planning on getting it as soon as I was finished with MotorStorm because it was so fun.

NightTrainLayne
11-11-2008, 01:07 PM
Layne we both have all these online games, but yet we fail to get online and kick some peoples asses at these games...We are both busy guys, but come on now...

My timing just seems to be weird. When I get a chance to play it's usually between 10-12:00 pm Central, which translates to 8-10 pm your time.

I don't know how we keep missing each other. :confused:

I haven't played Motorstorm online yet. . .figured I'd get plenty of experience first.

Buff
11-11-2008, 04:52 PM

Dude, you just need to play different games. I play entirely too much playstation and am usually online every night at least for a little while.

I'm buying COD World at War tonight and I assume I'll be playing the shit out of that in the coming weeks. I finally accepted your friend invite too.

claymore
11-12-2008, 12:25 PM
Dude, you just need to play different games. I play entirely too much playstation and am usually online every night at least for a little while.

I'm buying COD World at War tonight and I assume I'll be playing the shit out of that in the coming weeks. I finally accepted your friend invite too.

Well?????? How is it?

Zweems56
11-12-2008, 12:47 PM
World of Warcraft. 10/10

Did you just start playing, or has your soul already been stolen?

studbucket
11-12-2008, 04:29 PM
Gears of War 2 - 9/10

I suck at shooters, I'll only have the game for a few days, but I played some co-op campaign and found it a lot of fun. Take my review of any shooter with a grain of salt.

Benetto
11-12-2008, 06:20 PM
I have about 23 games for the PS3, but without COD4...

Unfortunately I bought the Xbox version. At the time COD4 came out, I bought a 360 Elite (to see what all the fuss was about) I also splurged on a few games when I got the 360...COD4 was one of them...A big mistake...Xbox turned out to be a huge dissapointment..Aside from Halo3 and Mass Effect...Those two were badass games..Can;t wait for MassEffect2..

Anyways, I'm gonna be on tonight for sure...I hope to see some of you online and not playing COD4, as usual...Cough, Clay...

BTW...Buff, my GF loved your little sheep avatar.

broncosfanscott
11-12-2008, 07:45 PM
Gears of War 2 - 9/10

I suck at shooters, I'll only have the game for a few days, but I played some co-op campaign and found it a lot of fun. Take my review of any shooter with a grain of salt.

I just bought Gears of War 2.......10/10. I totally love this game. I am happy that they put in a co-op on campaign. The best online game on this is Horde. You can play up to 5 guys at a time and fight wave after wave of Locusts.

Zweems56
11-13-2008, 12:26 PM
Did you just start playing, or has your soul already been stolen?

Lack of response means that he has been assimilated. Yesterday was his first day, and now he is part of the collective.

EastCoastBronco
11-14-2008, 09:39 AM
I'm replaying Resistance. It's hard as hell the second time through. I asked Mrs Santa for Resistance 2 for Christmas so my shooting skills should be right on the money by then. As I replay through the original I realize what an amazing piece of work it really is...

Thnikkaman
11-14-2008, 09:40 AM
I'm replaying Resistance. It's hard as hell the second time through. I asked Mrs Santa for Resistance 2 for Christmas si my shooting skills should be right on the money. As I replay through the original I realize what an amazing piece of work it really is...

You know what would make it better?

A mouse and keyboard.

Thnikkaman
11-14-2008, 09:44 AM
Audiosurf - 10/10

This is my current favorite little time waster. For those of you who are not familiar with it, you throw a song at it, and it creates a little puzzle game with the song. Its hard to explain, so here is a video:

JVB6MmAPID8

Scarface
11-21-2008, 09:44 AM
Resistance 2 - 9/10

Very fun game. It's intense run n gun action. My kind of game.

I should be getting Little Big Planet today and the new Call of Duty on Monday or Tuesday from Gamefly. Can't wait!

EastCoastBronco
11-21-2008, 08:01 PM
Resistance 2 - 9/10

Very fun game. It's intense run n gun action. My kind of game.

I should be getting Little Big Planet today and the new Call of Duty on Monday or Tuesday from Gamefly. Can't wait!

Little Big Planet is a blast. You'll love it.

MasterShake
11-21-2008, 08:14 PM
Gears of War 2 9/10- I'm blasting through the solo campaign on Hardcore right now after beating it once already. Anyone think this one is a lot easier than the first? Love the scope of this game though.

NameUsedBefore
11-21-2008, 08:18 PM
Audiosurf is a lot of fun. I own some records and am always sad to see a "dethroned" e-mail in my mailbox.

Left 4 Dead - 10/10

Zombies, guns and teamwork.

studbucket
11-21-2008, 08:24 PM
Fable 2 - 7/10

Don't get me wrong, it's a fun, decent game. However, when it comes to console RPGs, I always compare games to KOTOR and Mass Effect. Fable 2 is fun, easy, and has a decent storyline, but it gets way too lame and boring if you venture from the main storyline and is almost too easy.

I'm only a few hours into it though, so if I change my mind I will post it here. Right now I suggest everyone give it a playthrough via rent, gamefly, or by borrowing from a friend, but I am not blown away by it.

However, it is the kind of game you could probably get your wife to play if you tried. It just has that kind of control-scheme and feel, and I give Peter Molyneaux and Lionhead credit for that.

Thnikkaman
01-06-2009, 12:06 PM
HL2 Episode 2: 8/10. It was nice to see some parts of the HL world that felt like there was life, and the ending was pretty good/disturbing for what it was. I got a little tired of the "defend our turf battles". The best battle like that of the series was in HL2 episode 1 when you were trapped in the pitch black area waiting for the elevator. I still had a lot of fun with it.

Thnikkaman
01-06-2009, 12:07 PM
Rock Band for Wii 10/10. I am so glad I laid down the money for this. I have so much fun with my 3 year old while I play guitar and he bangs on the drums, or if we are both on the drums (thanks to getting the drum kit for RB2). I will definitely be getting RB 2 so that I can do the online thing.

EastCoastBronco
01-06-2009, 02:04 PM
Right smack in the middle of Resistance 2. Simply amazing. 10/10

Timmy!
01-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Fable 2: 8/10

Fun game. You can waste a lot of time, but it's pretty easy for the most part, although I have been knocked out a couple times so it does have a few challenging parts. Overall, it's basically what the 1st Fable was suppose to be.

CrazyHorse
01-06-2009, 10:19 PM
Tecmo Bowl Kickoff
6/10 for glitches and lack of NFL License.

Broncospsycho77
01-06-2009, 10:54 PM
Call of Duty 5: WaW - 6.5/10

Nothing spectacular. Not even better than COD4 IMO. Not by a long shot. Campaign doesn't quite match up with the same effectiveness, and there are too many bugs in multiplayer that people will exploit for points. Eh.

topscribe
01-06-2009, 11:00 PM
Solitaire - 5

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/OldFartgif.png

-----

MasterShake
01-06-2009, 11:16 PM
Guitar Hero: World Tour 9/10

I like this a lot better than Rock Band. My favorite part is the music studio. I made some songs that would have been great themes for 80's cop dramas.

Broncolingus
01-06-2009, 11:17 PM
Naked Twister - 10/10

Then a 0/10 when the guys in MBs Going to Grow a Beard thread showed up...

NameUsedBefore
01-07-2009, 07:53 AM
Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich

10/10

Awesome.

Shazam!
01-07-2009, 09:51 AM
I always wanted to play FF vs. TTR.

EastCoastBronco
01-12-2009, 03:28 PM
Resistance 2. 10/10
Great game. Story wasn't quite as good as Resistance 1 but it made up for it with action and sheer epicness...

Thnikkaman
01-16-2009, 03:53 PM
Rock Band 2 for Wii -- 10/10 ( I shouldn't have done 10/10 with the original). I am hooked on this game. I experience flow every time I sit at that drum set and start playing. The calibration system is much better, I am not getting those frustrating misses that I get in RB1. Hopefully I can use the calibration numbers that I got from 2 to get 1 working better. I am just renting now, but I plan to buy it here in a month. Any of you that have this for the Wii, we will have to swap player data so we can get online and jam.

Shazam!
01-18-2009, 02:31 AM
It'd be better if you can use a keyboard... Right?

Bozo Jr.
01-22-2009, 02:12 PM
Call of Duty-World at War........8/10

NameUsedBefore
01-22-2009, 02:13 PM
Freedom Force again but with new chars and on the hardest difficulty level. Just as good :)

Thnikkaman
01-22-2009, 02:16 PM
It'd be better if you can use a keyboard... Right?

Is it an fps? Also, you can play the open source version of Guitar Hero with a keyboard. Its called Frets on Fire.

Also Shazam, I thought you would enjoy this:

KeyWG0revmg

Benetto
01-22-2009, 03:09 PM
I beat Assassins creed on the 360 when it came out....The other day I was at Target and noticed AC is now only 29.99. Half price...

I got it and am in the middle of it...

8/10

would be a 10/10 if it was smoother, had a multi player mode, could skip through the cut scenes, not so repetitive, etc..Fun and addictive game though..

shank
01-22-2009, 03:56 PM
charades 2/10: my partner sucked.

honz
02-03-2009, 05:23 PM
I beat Assassins creed on the 360 when it came out....The other day I was at Target and noticed AC is now only 29.99. Half price...

I got it and am in the middle of it...

8/10

would be a 10/10 if it was smoother, had a multi player mode, could skip through the cut scenes, not so repetitive, etc..Fun and addictive game though..

Everything about Assassin's Creed was awesome...except for the game play. It's a cool story, great graphics, the whole parkour thing is awesome, but could they not come up with some other things to do? It was the same missions over and over again...

Hopefully AC2 has better and more varied game play, because it is a great concept and base for a game.

jrelway
02-03-2009, 05:37 PM
call of duty:world at war campaign. excellent. finger lickin good.

EastCoastBronco
02-18-2009, 06:13 PM
Vegas 2. Pretty solid game but all in all it's Vegas 1 with a couple new enhancements and Terrorist hunt maps. Hell, the one bug I was hoping they would fix from Vegas 1 (the one where you die if you fall off a 3 foot ladder) is still there. You can take multiple hits from a 9mm and live but don't fall off that 3 foot ledge...;-)
7.5/10
I've also been playing a lot of Resistance 2 online co-op. Fantastic.

Northman
02-18-2009, 06:16 PM
Hellgate- 8/10

Dortoh
02-18-2009, 06:20 PM
Strip poker at the local weight watchers 1/10

Timmy!
02-18-2009, 06:21 PM
Fear 2 7.5/10

Only played it for a couple hours. Solid FPS, decent story. Very gory and pretty scary too.

Dortoh
02-18-2009, 06:25 PM
I actually played COD4 (I think it was 4 for the first time this weekend) all I know is video games have come a long ******* way since my Atari.

MasterShake
02-18-2009, 06:52 PM
Street Fighter IV: 9/10

Some cheesey anime cutscenes mar an otherwise solid fighting game. Great balance, slick graphics, and superior fluid controls. Fighting fans dream.

Slick
02-18-2009, 07:00 PM
Picked up Skate 2 yesterday. Much cleaner looking game than the first, although the 1,000 peso/roughly 76 dollar price tag hurts a bit.

Played a little single player and a little online ranked stuff last night. If you liked the first one, you'll like the 2nd.

This is so much better than the Tony Hawk games, and I have all of those too.

Edit: for the 360.

Broncogator
02-21-2009, 04:17 PM
by the time I get to play again my ps3 will be obsolete..:tsk:

NameUsedBefore
02-21-2009, 04:51 PM
Empire Total War demo. Pretty good; looking forward to the full game since I've had a Gamestop gift card laying around waiting to be used.

NameUsedBefore
02-23-2009, 04:38 PM
I got Full Spectrum Warrior for free so I'm playing through that.

Benetto
02-23-2009, 05:20 PM
by the time I get to play again my ps3 will be obsolete..:tsk:
50 some odd days and counting...

Come on bro, Ella can't be your entire reason for not playing...When Marissa was born, I was back to killing nerds online after the first 2 weeks or so...There's a pause button if you need it.

Benetto
02-23-2009, 05:24 PM
I broke out the ol N64 last friday night, and got down on Golden eye with 3 friends...

Goldeneye 8/10

Challenging campaign mode, and great multiplayer feature make this game an all time classic...IMO..

I gave it an 8 because of the choppyness you get when the action kicks in..

Shazam!
02-23-2009, 10:46 PM
...but was a 9 or maybe even a 10 once upon a time Sir.

honz
02-23-2009, 11:49 PM
...but was a 9 or maybe even a 10 once upon a time Sir.
Agreed. That game was epic when it first came out. My friends and I played that game to death.

NameUsedBefore
02-24-2009, 12:44 AM
Rome Total War. Seriously just waiting around for Empire to come out. I played as Carthage which is fairly difficult because if you "auto resolve" any battles with the Romans you will be smashed regardless of clear superiority and when you do fight the battles yourself your soldiers aren't worth dick and the Romans are so it takes some craftiness. Anyway, I took Sicily from the Brutii, which are a Roman faction. Then I invaded the Italian mainland and took their home city (burned it to the ground and left it for pissed off rebels to take), effectively destroying the faction entirely. Then I left when the monstrous SPQR's army showed up when I came knocking on Rome's door. I think I made Hannibal proud, except the whole not being able to take advantage of victories thing. :nerd:

Thnikkaman
02-24-2009, 08:45 AM
Mario Superstar Baseball - 2/10

This game is utter shite. Rented it because my 3 year old picked it out.

I now want a 360 or a PS 3 so I can play the good fighting games (Tekken, Street Fighter, Soul Caliber).

studbucket
02-24-2009, 09:06 AM
Rome Total War. Seriously just waiting around for Empire to come out. I played as Carthage which is fairly difficult because if you "auto resolve" any battles with the Romans you will be smashed regardless of clear superiority and when you do fight the battles yourself your soldiers aren't worth dick and the Romans are so it takes some craftiness. Anyway, I took Sicily from the Brutii, which are a Roman faction. Then I invaded the Italian mainland and took their home city (burned it to the ground and left it for pissed off rebels to take), effectively destroying the faction entirely. Then I left when the monstrous SPQR's army showed up when I came knocking on Rome's door. I think I made Hannibal proud, except the whole not being able to take advantage of victories thing. :nerd:

Awesome. I am so excited for E:TW. I've heard the AI has been improved quite a bit, and I'm really pumped for multiplayer campaigns. Now they just need to do a total war in the 19th century so we can have the American Civil War and Napoleonic Wars.

EastCoastBronco
02-26-2009, 09:18 AM
Just stepped back into the crazy assed world that is Silent Hill. The newest installment "Homecoming" doesn't disappoint. I was playing it on my new 50" plasma with the surround sound cranked and I was looking over my shoulder constantly. Resident Evil is still a great series but it has traded good old fashioned, flesh crawling terror for in your face action IMHO. Silent Hill still delivers the goods when it comes to being just plain scared when playing a game...

10/10...

aberdien
07-05-2009, 12:29 AM
Super Mario Galaxy

Still one of the best games ever...I feel kinda shameful when I get pissed off after dying or something because I say naughty words. Mario shouldn't have to hear my language. Graphics are amazing, gameplay is amazing, I can't think of anything really wrong with it. I'm nearing the end of my SMG journey though. But it's so fun that I will have no problem going back and playing some of the earlier levels.

MasterShake
07-05-2009, 12:40 AM
Ghostbusters (xbox 360)- 8/10

Good story penned by Harold Ramis and Dan Akroyd, and the entire cast (except Rick Moranis and Sigourney Weaver) are on hand for voice talent. You play an "experimental technician" and 5th Ghostbuster circa 1991. The events of the first two movies (Gozer and the River of Slime) all point to a new disturbance that you investigate with the Ghostbusters in the game. You revisit old movie locations (Hotel Sedgewick which was the Slimer scene in the first one) and fight old Enemies including the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

You can run around the firehouse and can slide down the pole in between missions, and there is lots of stuff to destroy throughout the game with you nuclear accelerator strapped to your back (complete with damage counter in money every time you let loose in a museum or library). Just when the ghost trapping action gets old, you get a new upgrade to help you along and make things interesting. Good graphics, some genuine scares, and some funny moments propel this game. The multiplayer is fun also with a career mode with different gametypes. Definite recommendation for fans of the movie or those looking for something different.

MasterShake
07-05-2009, 01:46 AM
Oh, and I finally played Lost Odyssey (per Shazam's recommendation) 10/10. Could not ask for a better Japanese style RPG in the vein of classic Final Fantasy games. Easily 60 hours in (I did beat it, but have a save before the final section) and I'm just going around doing side quests for exp and gamer points because its fun.

Shazam!
07-05-2009, 02:05 AM
Oh, and I finally played Lost Odyssey (per Shazam's recommendation) 10/10. Could not ask for a better Japanese style RPG in the vein of classic Final Fantasy games. Easily 60 hours in...

IMO the best JRPG in years. It also proves that traditionally styled RPG epics can still be great and there is no need to change things with new systems and mechanics that ultimately detract from the experience.

MasterShake
07-05-2009, 06:52 AM
IMO the best JRPG in years. It also proves that traditionally styled RPG epics can still be great and there is no need to change things with new systems and mechanics that ultimately detract from the experience.

I suppose any RPG system can be adjusted to over time, but turn based is still the best IMO.

Thnikkaman
07-05-2009, 11:07 PM
Toger Woods PGA Tour 10 for Wii. 10/10 Got it for Fathers Day. Closest to an actual swing on a video game that I have ever played. If you have a wii, get this game.

NameUsedBefore
07-06-2009, 10:36 AM
Better than Golden Tee?

Thnikkaman
07-06-2009, 03:33 PM
Golden Tee? More like Golden Shower.

MasterShake
07-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Fired up the GameCube for some reason and played Star Wars: Rogue Leader. 10/10. Good space combat sim, and the Battle of Endor level is incredible. One of my favorite all time Star Wars games. They NEED to make one of these for a next gen system. I have Rebel Strike, too but I hate the on foot levels.

Thnikkaman
07-06-2009, 04:33 PM
Fired up the GameCube for some reason and played Star Wars: Rogue Leader. 10/10. Good space combat sim, and the Battle of Endor level is incredible. One of my favorite all time Star Wars games. They NEED to make one of these for a next gen system. I have Rebel Strike, too but I hate the on foot levels.

If you like PC games at all, you may dig freelancer if you can find a copy of it. It followed suit with many of those Star Wars and Wing Commander games.

drewloc
07-06-2009, 07:47 PM

I agree, one of the things I was kind of disappointed with was the lack of the original turn based combat in some RPGs. After deciding to jump into this game, and I am a happy camper that's for sure. It's an amazing game, and like you said, it has a very epic feel. Good call Shazam!

drewloc
07-06-2009, 07:50 PM
Ghostbusters - 8/10

It's not mind blowing or anything, but going in I had reserved expectations. It didn't disappoint, and the audio actually helped the game along. It is a bit on the shorter side, but it didn't feel like it dragged on. Good grab if you are bored and have nothing else to play.

MasterShake
07-06-2009, 09:11 PM
If you like PC games at all, you may dig freelancer if you can find a copy of it. It followed suit with many of those Star Wars and Wing Commander games.

Yeah, I used to play that, TIE Fighter, and Wing Commander a lot. Colony Wars on the PS1 was pretty good too.

Shazam!
07-06-2009, 09:19 PM
I agree, one of the things I was kind of disappointed with was the lack of the original turn based combat in some RPGs. After deciding to jump into this game, and I am a happy camper that's for sure. It's an amazing game, and like you said, it has a very epic feel. Good call Shazam!

I feel that games of the 90's like Legend of Dragoon, Chrono, Shadow Madness, Phantasy Star, FFVII and IX (I didn't like VIII as much but it was still very good) proves that the system still worked great that has been just fine since the days of the originals- FFs, Phantasy Star, Dragon Warrior and other old series like Hydlide and Super Hydlide.

I also think that Shadow Hearts is one of the most under-appreciated RPG series in the history of gaming.

studbucket
07-06-2009, 09:25 PM

Woo Freelancer! Did you know that a couple of us ACM guys had a server running in MLH for a while?

BroncoAV06
07-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Transformers Revenge of the Fallen-7/10

The graphics of the characters was not bad, overall graphics are basic game ones. Gameplay is more of a button masher, simple missions, easy game to beat. Was a fun rental to be O-Prime etc.. and pound on some robots.

NameUsedBefore
07-08-2009, 09:14 PM
Prototype,

Does a pretty good job of conveying chaos/10.

nj10
07-08-2009, 10:01 PM
Rented: UFC Undisputed 2009.

Controls are hard to master at first. But...Once you have them down the game is badass! 10/10

Benetto
07-08-2009, 10:19 PM
Fallout 3 - 5/10

Definitely not what I expected...Good graphics, horrible everything else.

Shazam!
07-09-2009, 01:06 AM
Fallout 3 - 5/10

Definitely not what I expected...Good graphics, horrible everything else.

I am with you.

They falsely billed it as a shooter in commercials and it definitely is not. It's an RPG first and clearly shooter second.

If the game had more third person playability like Mass Effect I probably would've liked it more, but the protagonist moved around with the grace of a gorilla in 3rd mode.

I know the game has epic scale and looks excellent, but it just wasn't my thing.

Far Cry 2 I thought was much better, shooter first with RPG elements in it.

Timmy!
07-09-2009, 10:25 AM
Fallout 3 was epic. A shooter it was not, nor was fallout 1 or 2.

Shazam!
07-09-2009, 02:26 PM
But it was advertised as a shooter on TV.

MasterShake
07-09-2009, 03:16 PM
But it was advertised as a shooter on TV.

I never thought it was portrayed as a shooter, but then again I was very familiar with Fallout prior to part 3. I always thought of it as Elder Scrolls set in the future.

NameUsedBefore
07-15-2009, 10:19 PM
Mass Effect, which I bought on a whim.

Stuck on a boss that is royally kicking my ass but it's a good game thus far.

Broncospsycho77
07-15-2009, 10:27 PM
Skate 2 - 8ish/10

Good game, especially if you liked the original, or any skating game ever made, basically.

Pros:
Good control system, exactly the same as the first game, plus a few more tricks.
Sandbox. Very, very sandbox.
Very good physics system.
HUGE map, and a billion places to skate.
They now score your falls, too, so that's how I blew like 2 hours the other day... by having my skater intentionally trip on a bench to send him careening over a cliff. 30,000 points.
Hella fun, still. It's more to just dick around the city than the actual challenges.

Cons:
Career is easy. Except for, like, 4 challenges. They're the most aggravating thing to ever happen in a video game, ever (yes, redundant).
The city isn't nearly as "believable" as the first city, instead being a little more flamboyant in design. Strange monuments everywhere, rather than, like, a city where you can skate. Just my preference, though.

BroncoAV06
07-16-2009, 08:59 PM
Skate looked good but I just could not get ahold of all the tircks with the stick to well.

Tiger Woods 10 360
Game lookes good pretty good overall. Not going over the top for a golf game. Course's look good and the weather is defently felt. Golf sounds are all there. Can do alot of modifying with yuor golfer more then I would ever want to do in terms of looks etc.. Like the swing stick makes it a bit more difficult then just three clicks. Don't get in the sand or rough.

Only thing that really bothers me is I just started so I am building my golfers ability and sometimes it can take 3 shots to reach a par 4 because you have no power and it is pretty expensive to upgrade clubs etc..

Just rented it last night but so far I would give it an 9/10 for a golf game!

It is funny if you hit the crowd, hit a guy on the bounce right in the nads, he bent over and grabed em, classic.

Thnikkaman
07-16-2009, 09:11 PM
Skate looked good but I just could not get ahold of all the tircks with the stick to well.

Tiger Woods 10 360
Game lookes good pretty good overall. Not going over the top for a golf game. Course's look good and the weather is defently felt. Golf sounds are all there. Can do alot of modifying with yuor golfer more then I would ever want to do in terms of looks etc.. Like the swing stick makes it a bit more difficult then just three clicks. Don't get in the sand or rough.

Only thing that really bothers me is I just started so I am building my golfers ability and sometimes it can take 3 shots to reach a par 4 because you have no power and it is pretty expensive to upgrade clubs etc..

Just rented it last night but so far I would give it an 9/10 for a golf game!

It is funny if you hit the crowd, hit a guy on the bounce right in the nads, he bent over and grabed em, classic.

If you are in career mode, do the challenges first, It will build your golfer quickly.

shank
07-16-2009, 09:19 PM
i'm working hard to get my brother in law to buy tiger 10 for his wii.

Thnikkaman
07-17-2009, 06:49 AM
i'm working hard to get my brother in law to buy tiger 10 for his wii.

Have him do it. The graphics aren't as good, but the controls are outstanding.

MasterShake
07-17-2009, 07:58 AM
Mass Effect, which I bought on a whim.

Stuck on a boss that is royally kicking my ass but it's a good game thus far.

Yeah, I'm finally playing through this too. I've been chugging along ever since I did the level up glitch where you save Liara at the mining site (after you get the shield down where she is, you get XP. Save/load to get XP again and again). I got up to level 40 and maxed out most of my skills and its been pretty smooth since. I like how even your squad thats not with you levels up while you do. Just saw the alien lesbian scene last night too. :lol:

I'm nearing the end so I'm gonna do some planet hopping. Even without completing the game I give it a 9/10 because I already know I'm going through again.

NameUsedBefore
07-17-2009, 08:19 AM
I still haven't found Liara. I bring Kaidan for healing and Tali for debuffing. I'm "Vanguard" or whatever which specializes in shotguns. So I basically just annihilate anything that gets remotely close at all. An apt choice as it seems most enemies find themselves thinking it is best to get as close to you as possible. The bonzai impressions don't last long.

My character is also something of a murdering bitch as I've killed two characters thus far with her and, perhaps worse, devastated "monkey" colonizes on the basis that they had haphazardly taken an information disc I needed. That'll teach those shit throwing ******** not to steal technology and poison dates.

Timmy!
07-18-2009, 11:51 PM
The Secret of Monkey Island (Special Edition)

7.5/10

This is a download from Xbox live arcade. I loved this game back when the original came out back in the early 90's. This edition has some neat features and is a lot of fun if you ever played the originals. I'm a bit biased because I loved all the older Lucas Arts stuff from back in the 90's.

aberdien
07-19-2009, 01:18 AM
Madden 08. I need an upgrade. But hey, I modified Kyle Orton's stats, fantasy drafted him to my created team and he made the pro bowl along with Anquan Boldin. It's a sign.

MasterShake
07-19-2009, 10:31 AM
Madden 08. I need an upgrade. But hey, I modified Kyle Orton's stats, fantasy drafted him to my created team and he made the pro bowl along with Anquan Boldin. It's a sign.

I haven't got a new Madden in a while either, but I will this year.

The Secret of Monkey Island (Special Edition)

7.5/10

This is a download from Xbox live arcade. I loved this game back when the original came out back in the early 90's. This edition has some neat features and is a lot of fun if you ever played the originals. I'm a bit biased because I loved all the older Lucas Arts stuff from back in the 90's.

I love those games. The best of their kind all came from Lucasarts: Monkey Island, Grim Fandango, and Indiana Jones and The Fate of Atlantis. You can download these for your PC (along with a ton of other games) here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/6010/ pretty cheap, too.

I can't wait until July 29th when Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 comes to Xbox live! One of the best (if most unbalanced) fighting games ever.

NameUsedBefore
07-19-2009, 11:32 AM
Started a new char on Mass Effect -- "infiltrator" -- made him a dude this time; a terribly scarred Slav-looking chap who is actually a "nice guy". Only problem is that I'm at a boss fight I can't even begin to see myself winning. Apparently I have to fight some giant robot early into the game (that I didn't do the first time) and it is kicking my ass something fierce. At one point I was like, Okay, I'll run away to give me some space.

Bam. One-shotted in the back by a pulse gun.

jrelway
07-20-2009, 10:30 AM
Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess..9/10. zelda series never dissapoints.

NameUsedBefore
07-24-2009, 09:50 PM
Fight Night Round 3.

Pretty amusing. Made a lightweight (maybe welter? I don't know the ranks) and have progressed steadily. Only 1-loss thus far because I got cocky and an opponent, appropriately named "The Beast", beat the everloving crap out of me before the refs stopped the fight because I had some brain hanging out my ear. Most fights are pretty mundane, but I did have an 8-round (the stretch) epic of just me and some other boxer punching the hell out of each other. Both faces bloodied, I managed a knockdown in the last round which gave me enough points to eke out a victory.

Timmy!
07-25-2009, 06:15 PM
I was bored yesterday so I went to Game Crazy and they were having a buy 2 used get 1 free sale. So, for $22 I picked up some old games I had didn't get a chance to play when they 1st came out:

Tony Hawk's American Wasteland: 7.5/10. The only thing that really sets this back is it came back way out in 2005, so the 360 version is anything near what it could be. Still a good game though. Been a long time since I played a Tony Hawk game and it's very enjoyable.

Turok: 6.5/10. Not the greatest FPS ever, but it's not terrible either. Killing Dino's is amusing.

Spiderman 3: 4/10. Ugh. This kinda pretty much blows. It's fun for about 30 minutes, other than that, stay away.

Shazam!
07-25-2009, 09:38 PM
I agree with 2/3, since I never played any Tony Hawk games.

Turok was as mediocre as it gets. With all the great shooters on 360, it sucks.

Spiderman 3 was ass.

I returned both within days to Gamestop. Thank goodness for their return policy on used games.

MasterShake
07-25-2009, 10:21 PM
I agree with 2/3, since I never played any Tony Hawk games.

Turok was as mediocre as it gets. With all the great shooters on 360, it sucks.

Spiderman 3 was ass.

I returned both within days to Gamestop. Thank goodness for their return policy on used games.

The only Turok I ever played was the N64 version. That was fun.

Shazam!
07-26-2009, 01:46 AM
The original Turok was awesome. The XBox/PS2 sequel stunk, and the PS3/360 remake/update was awful.

There are a whole slew of better FPSs. I can even think of a bunch of lastgen's FPSs that are way better that can be played.

NameUsedBefore
07-28-2009, 11:32 AM
The Sims 3.

Made the Joker and Sam Fisher and put them in the same house. This is what the Joker has been up to...

http://imgshack.info/images/n4ftyhtlgk2bi6jp13q9.jpg

NameUsedBefore
07-28-2009, 07:33 PM
Also the guy from Gran Torino,

http://imgshack.info/images/40270c1bnkl6423merx.jpg

ikillz0mbies
07-28-2009, 08:16 PM
I don't know where to ask this but I'll ask anyway. Has anyone played Marvel Alliance? If so, how was it? I was at Comic-Con this past weekend and sat in during the Marvel Alliance 2 panel and the game looked pretty good. Multiplayer gameplay and such. I'd like to know if MA 2 would be worth getting. Thanks!

MasterShake
07-28-2009, 08:18 PM
Also the guy from Gran Torino,

http://imgshack.info/images/40270c1bnkl6423merx.jpg

Thats great. I made a crazy guy who puts a tux on before he goes to sleep. Good game.

Just played Gunstar Heroes on my Genesis emulator. One of the best old school side scrolling shooters ever. Like Contra without the hair pulling difficulty. 8/10

MasterShake
07-28-2009, 08:21 PM
I don't know where to ask this but I'll ask anyway. Has anyone played Marvel Alliance? If so, how was it? I was at Comic-Con this past weekend and sat in during the Marvel Alliance 2 panel and the game looked pretty good. Multiplayer gameplay and such. I'd like to know if MA 2 would be worth getting. Thanks!

The first one was really fun, but it only really works if you have 2+ people to play with. Did you ever play the old X-Men arcade game? The one with like 6 joysticks and 3 screens that was a Double Dragon type beat-em-up game? Its similar to that with a lot better graphics and pretty much every Marvel character you can think of. The new one will have team specific attacks (like Iron Man super charging a piece of earth and Hulk ripping it out to throw at someone) and should be pretty fun. I think you can pick up the original for about $14 used if you want to try out the style of game. I still have mine from 2 years ago if that says anything, I trade in stuff all the time.

Shazam!
07-28-2009, 09:11 PM
Double Dragon was freaking awesome. I have a mediocre 8 bit Sega Master System port.

MasterShake
07-28-2009, 09:22 PM
Double Dragon was freaking awesome. I have a mediocre 8 bit Sega Master System port.

You need this then. You can play all the arcade Double Dragons then some. My friend runs a bar and they bought one of these, its really easy to add games. He hooked up his PS2 to it too:
http://www.xgaming.com/htm/cabinetgames.shtml#games

NameUsedBefore
07-28-2009, 10:54 PM
If you want a great comic book game to tide you over until MA2 get Freedom Force vs. the Third Reich.

One of my Top 10 games.

Shazam!
07-29-2009, 09:13 AM
You need this then. You can play all the arcade Double Dragons then some. My friend runs a bar and they bought one of these, its really easy to add games. He hooked up his PS2 to it too:
http://www.xgaming.com/htm/cabinetgames.shtml#games

That is pretty cool, but it essentially is just a PS2 hooked up to a retro arcade cabinet. Most of those games you can get in compilations for about $10 or less at a Gamestop. There are too many Atari games on there too, and they just don't hold up as well as other 8 and 16 bit era classics do.

EastCoastBronco
09-01-2009, 06:51 AM
Uncharted: Drakes Fortune - 10/10
Just picked it up last night for $30.00. I've played it before but this time my son and I are playing through it together. The last time I played it was on my 32 inch tube TV. I have since picked up a 50" panasonic plasma. The game looks freaking amazing. It looks better than Metal Gear 4 and that is saying something.
I think the best thing about the game, other than the mind blowing visual aspect, is the dialogue. The voice acting and script are fantastic.
Interesting Fact: I recently saw an inteview with the lead developer of Naughty Dog studios and they said for Uncharted 1 they were only tapping 30-35% of the PS3's cell processor's power. He said with Uncharted 2 (October 2009 release date) they are utilizing 90-100% of the thing. That game should be a spectacle because part one is a thing of beaty in itself.

studbucket
09-01-2009, 09:15 AM
NCAA 10. Haven't played it since the '2008' edition, and it's somewhat improved. I'm not 100% enamored with it, but I'm doing an online dynasty with 4 other friends, and that is an absolute blast. So, if you just want to have a decent online experience, get the game. If you are going for offline experience, I'd probably wait another year or get Madden.

7/10 (9/10 if you get it just for online dynasty).

Speaking of Madden, I know it's a better game than NCAA this year, and I know it improved greatly. Which is why I am waiting one more year to buy it. Right now the online franchise is a bit lacking in features, but because it's completely independent from the game, the Madden team can easily update it year round, which is awesome. Next year, it will be the first time I've bought a Madden in 4 years, and I'm really looking forward to it. Madden 2007 was one of the worst games I've ever played and I'm excited about 2011, it'll take all the great things from this year, and just add to them.

nbenallo33
09-01-2009, 09:43 AM
just got Madden 2010 (xbox 360) in the mail with my SI subscripsion and the graffix are amazing i had madden 09 for the wii but this game looks like it is gonna be pretty sweet, i played one game with my son lastnight so i didnt get to check it out competly

Shazam!
09-01-2009, 06:07 PM
Wii's Madden is the strawweight edition.

Zweems56
09-27-2009, 09:56 AM
I'm going right now to try to pick up Fallen Earth. It looks very cool. My test is to treat it like an rpg and not an mmo =p. I'll let you guys know what I think, but its only the first week that its out, and its an MMO, so there's going to be tons of updates and bug patching along the way.

MasterShake
09-27-2009, 10:29 AM
I'm going right now to try to pick up Fallen Earth. It looks very cool. My test is to treat it like an rpg and not an mmo =p. I'll let you guys know what I think, but its only the first week that its out, and its an MMO, so there's going to be tons of updates and bug patching along the way.

That looks cool. If I ever got into that stuff again it would be that or Aion.

NameUsedBefore
09-27-2009, 12:17 PM
World of Warcraft... unnn...fortunately?

Timmy!
02-15-2010, 01:20 AM
Holy shit. How did this thread get to page 3 with no posts since September?!

Borderlands: 8/10 Very fun and original FPS with RPG elements. It was almost like WOW and a FPS had a baby, and it was beautiful. Well worth checking out.

Left 4 Dead (the original not the sequel): 7/10 Finally got around to checking this game out. It was fun, but honestly I was a bit let down. The multiplayer is sweet, but single player is almost an afterthought. Worth a rental for sure, but I'm happy I waited to check it out. I will check out Left 4 Dead 2 though.

Mass Effect 2: 9.8/10 100% pure awesomeness. I don't know what else to say. EPIC.

Shazam!
02-15-2010, 01:34 AM
Dante's Inferno- 9/10

Just finished Mass Effect 2- 10/10

Got Darksiders today on sale at Gamestop. Will post review when I'm done with Inferno.

MasterShake
02-15-2010, 09:04 AM
Dante's Inferno- 9/10

Just finished Mass Effect 2- 10/10

Got Darksiders today on sale at Gamestop. Will post review when I'm done with Inferno.

10/10 for Mass Effect 2 for me as well. I'm doing the insanity playthrough this time. Each of the recruitment missions is taking me about an hour and a half! Even the husks have shields. I run out of ammo all the time, I had to kill a big mech with a heavy pistol! :lol:

Still psyched about FFXIII next month...

Hardwired
02-15-2010, 01:02 PM
Bioshock 2: 10/10 - very similar to the first one, with some tweaks to the game play that make it harder. I was ALWAYS looking for ammo but I had enough weapons to cycle through them while I found ammo for the others so it worked out. It has a great atmosphere. Freaky ending.

Mass Effect 2: 9/10 - a great game, but it was dumbed down too much from the first one. I wanted more inventory options, and I wanted Miranda to be naked. :) I kept getting shot up while trying to move the camera around to see her ass a little better.

Borderlands: 9/10 - seems to be my favorite recent game. I've played it through with 3 different characters so far. I just get really tired of everything respawning in the same places every 15 minutes so I have to kill the same things over and over again on the way in and out of a zone.

Edit: I should add I spent 25 hours to finish ME 2 and it only took 14 to finish Bioshock 2 so it's a lot shorter.

Shazam!
02-15-2010, 02:56 PM
I agreeME2 was 'dumbed down' but I think that was better than scrolling through endless, endless lists of accessories, weapons and armor. There was so much additional exploration that it made up for it. I think...

I didn't get B2 yet.

NameUsedBefore
02-15-2010, 05:58 PM
League of Legends.

Free to play for PC (although you can spend money on it). You control 1-character/hero on your team of five and have to push the other team back to their base. Very fun game.

MasterShake
02-15-2010, 06:41 PM
I agreeME2 was 'dumbed down' but I think that was better than scrolling through endless, endless lists of accessories, weapons and armor. There was so much additional exploration that it made up for it. I think...

I didn't get B2 yet.

Not dumbed down, streamlined. I hated turning everything into Omni-gel and having tons of weapons and ammo/equipment that just took up space. Honesty, after you got the best armor/weapon in the first one did you ever go back? As soon as I got my hands on Colossus X that was it.

Shazam!
02-15-2010, 11:23 PM
Not dumbed down, streamlined.

Thanks for wording it better.

I hated turning everything into Omni-gel and having tons of weapons and ammo/equipment that just took up space. Honesty, after you got the best armor/weapon in the first one did you ever go back? As soon as I got my hands on Colossus X that was it.

I think ME2 was one of the best games I ever played, and that says a lot to me. It was better than the original and few games do that.

EastCoastBronco
02-16-2010, 07:16 AM
Assassins Creed 2 (PS3) - 9/10

Just finished it last night. Great game. They took everything that was cool about the first one and applied it to this one. Nice cliffhanger end as well. Definitely a part 3 (or more) on the way.

Shazam!
02-16-2010, 10:36 AM
idk if I'll ever play AC2. The first one I couldn't stand with the story that you knew you actually weren't Altair from the start. They should've done that towards the end and not let you know at the beginning.

MileHighCrew
02-16-2010, 10:48 AM
Modern Warfare 2 15/10

EastCoastBronco
02-18-2010, 07:35 AM
Just picked up the "remastered for HD" version of God of War 1 and 2 for the PS3. I've never played the originals but the new one(God of War 3) looks so ridiculous that I figured I would play the originals before I bagged the new one. One word. Amazing. It's just pure, non stop visceral violence and noise. What a great way to relax after a long day in the cube farm...;-)
Not sure what the original looked like but I've never seen a PS2 game look so good. They did great job.

Zweems56
02-18-2010, 07:49 AM
Just picked up the "remastered for HD" version of God of War 1 and 2 for the PS3. I've never played the originals but the new one looks so ridiculous that I figured I would play the originals before I bagged the new one. One word. Amazing. It's just pure, non stop visceral violence and noise. What a great way to relax after a long day in the cube farm...;-)
Not sure what the original looked like but I've never seen a PS2 game looks so good. They did great job.

The graphics were absolutely stunning at the time of their release.

Zweems56
02-18-2010, 07:50 AM
idk if I'll ever play AC2. The first one I couldn't stand with the story that you knew you actually weren't Altair from the start. They should've done that towards the end and not let you know at the beginning.

Second one is the same, but Desmond isn't such a *****, and you spend significantly less time getting in and out of the animus.

EastCoastBronco
02-18-2010, 08:12 AM
Second one is the same, but Desmond isn't such a *****, and you spend significantly less time getting in and out of the animus.

I love the second one so much more than the first. I finished earlier this week but I am still just running around looking for "The Truth" because the gameplay is so much fun...

Shazam!
02-18-2010, 10:31 AM
Just picked up the "remastered for HD" version of God of War 1 and 2 for the PS3. I've never played the originals but the new one(God of War 3) looks so ridiculous that I figured I would play the originals before I bagged the new one. One word. Amazing. It's just pure, non stop visceral violence and noise. What a great way to relax after a long day in the cube farm...;-)
Not sure what the original looked like but I've never seen a PS2 game look so good. They did great job.

The improvements are not at all drastic. It's also running on a HDTV this time and back then it was not. That game was a top 5 PS2 game in terms of graphics back then, really pushed the already near-archaic machine to the limit.

MasterShake
02-18-2010, 10:40 AM
The improvements are not at all drastic. It's also running on a HDTV this time and back then it was not. That game was a top 5 PS2 game in terms of graphics back then, really pushed the already near-archaic machine to the limit.

I just fired up God of War 2 on my HDTV a few weeks ago and I think its a gorgeous game. Haven't seen the remastered in action. More polygons and 1080p or something? I know the max on a PS2 is 720p.

EDIT: Nevermind, found this RpMTtJZfhQU

Its just widescreened an anti-aliased in 720p. Still pretty sharp, though.

Shazam!
02-18-2010, 11:10 AM
I know the max on a PS2 is 720p.

Right, but PS2s back then didn't have HDMI or HD Component cables. So it still didnt even look as good.

MasterShake
02-18-2010, 11:17 AM
Right, but PS2s back then didn't have HDMI or HD Component cables. So it still didnt even look as good.

I've had a PS2 component cable for about 4 years now. Not sure when they came out. The hardest thing for me to track down was a hi-def cable for my gamecube which looked terrible on HDTV. Lots of ghosting. I finally got the best which was a S-Video cable.

Shazam!
02-18-2010, 11:34 AM
Back then most PS2s came with the cheap flimsy cables that offered no HD and that was the standard. They're are still included in the new slim PS3s with no HDMI cable. I thought to include those cables, in this day and age, no HD compatible cables on a HD console was borderline an insult.

shank
02-18-2010, 02:13 PM
Back then most PS2s came with the cheap flimsy cables that offered no HD and that was the standard. They're are still included in the new slim PS3s with no HDMI cable. I thought to include those cables, in this day and age, no HD compatible cables on a HD console was borderline an insult.

especially when hdmi cables can be had for under 5 bucks.

Shazam!
02-18-2010, 02:58 PM
especially when hdmi cables can be had for under 5 bucks.

lol try $30 here. Minimium.

Benetto
02-18-2010, 05:05 PM
Dante's Inferno 8-10
God of war 3 Demo 9-10

Dante's Inferno seemed a lot like Heavenly sword....Brilliant looking and action packed, but very repetitive..Its a must rent, not buy.

shank
02-18-2010, 05:11 PM
lol try $30 here. Minimium.

there's this amazing thing these days called the internet. check it out sometime. :D

Shazam!
02-18-2010, 09:52 PM
Dante's Inferno seemed a lot like Heavenly sword....Brilliant looking and action packed, but very repetitive..Its a must rent, not buy.

I thought it was a lot better than Heavenly Sword.

there's this amazing thing these days called the internet. check it out sometime.

I didn't want to wait.

MasterShake
02-18-2010, 09:58 PM
I thought it was a lot better than Heavenly Sword.

I didn't want to wait.

Those $5 HDMI cables are crap. I bought one and it conked out on me after a few months. Stick with Monster cables!

Shazam!
02-21-2010, 03:06 AM
Excellent point, didnt even think of that because I never saw HDMI cables that cost less than $30 for even the short ones. On these HD consoles dont wanna cheap on the cables!

MasterShake
02-21-2010, 12:50 PM
Excellent point, didnt even think of that because I never saw HDMI cables that cost less than $30 for even the short ones. On these HD consoles dont wanna cheap on the cables!

They use aluminum filler and they bend and fray at the connection point. They get shorted out very easily.

Shazam!
02-22-2010, 02:55 AM
Great point MS.

As I said HDMI cables are the last thing to cheap on.

Thought it was messed up for Sony to sell PS3s with no HD cables, just the cheap PS2 cables that have been the same since PS1. I was severely pissed when I opened my PS3.

Even 360's component cables are HD-enabled.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
02-22-2010, 03:02 AM
tptt on mw2, 8/10 on account of the noob tubes.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
02-22-2010, 03:03 AM
MS is right, Monster Cables will last as long as you live.

NightTrainLayne
02-22-2010, 10:15 AM
Yesterday I downloaded the demo version of "Heavy Rain" for the PS3.

I've got to say that this is one of the few games in recent years that I am really looking forward to getting at the release date and playing right away. It was a totally new way of playing a video game, and for the short portion you could play on the demo, it looked really engrossing.

I may go try and pick it up tomorrow, or this week.

MasterShake
02-22-2010, 10:30 AM
Yesterday I downloaded the demo version of "Heavy Rain" for the PS3.

I've got to say that this is one of the few games in recent years that I am really looking forward to getting at the release date and playing right away. It was a totally new way of playing a video game, and for the short portion you could play on the demo, it looked really engrossing.

I may go try and pick it up tomorrow, or this week.

I saw the video of the girl detective or reporter at the nightclub that had to seduce the slimy owner. I played a game similar to this on the PS2 a few years ago (Indigo Prophecy) and loved it. Very good narrative driven gameplay that looks like a movie. The graphics on Heavy Rain looked beautiful.

Heres the clip: x-MOJJ5dLdk

NightTrainLayne
02-22-2010, 10:37 AM
I saw the video of the girl detective or reporter at the nightclub that had to seduce the slimy owner. I played a game similar to this on the PS2 a few years ago (Indigo Prophecy) and loved it. Very good narrative driven gameplay that looks like a movie. The graphics on Heavy Rain looked beautiful.

Heres the clip: x-MOJJ5dLdk

This game is apparently made by the same group that made Indigo Prophecy. I never had a PS2, so I've never played it.

The demo was indeed beautiful in terms of graphics, and it is certainly an "adult" game with language, etc. that you'd expect in an R rated movie.

The game-play is what really got me, along with the "film noire" feel, and the story-line. The graphics just put it all together. It feels as though you're watching a movie, but in control of the characters and their actions. Of course, the story unfolds differently based on choices that you make during the game-play.

Looks like lots of fun.

Shazam!
02-22-2010, 10:41 AM
I'm not too sure about HR. Games that play as an interactive movie I'm not too crazy about. I'll check it out though.

NightTrainLayne
02-22-2010, 10:45 AM
I'm not too sure about HR. Games that play as an interactive movie I'm not too crazy about. I'll check it out though.

I understand, because if it's not done well, it just doesn't work.

But I like the idea of having some autonomy to make decisions that affect how the story unfolds (ala GTA4). It's nice not to have the route of the game force-fed to you.

Also, the aspect of trying to solve a mystery of a serial killer keeps my brain engaged.

Thnikkaman
02-22-2010, 10:49 AM
I saw the videos involving the father having to deal with the death of his son. I want a PS3 just for this game.

shank
02-22-2010, 11:13 AM
i will never buy another expensive cable. i have a 5 dollar monoprice cable and a 45 dollar phillips cable and i can't tell the difference. i've also read lots of stuff that says any moderately priced cable will match the performance of monster cables, unless they are being run very long distances. a 6ft cable isn't a very long distance.

my stuff doesn't move around at all, so i'm not worried about wear and tear... and if my 5 dollar cable shits out on me in 6 months (had mine for 4 years now) then i will spend another 5 bucks.

have fun with your monster cables, i'm going to use my extra 95+ bucks and buy some beer. :beer:

MasterShake
02-22-2010, 11:31 AM
i will never buy another expensive cable. i have a 5 dollar monoprice cable and a 45 dollar phillips cable and i can't tell the difference. i've also read lots of stuff that says any moderately priced cable will match the performance of monster cables, unless they are being run very long distances. a 6ft cable isn't a very long distance.

my stuff doesn't move around at all, so i'm not worried about wear and tear... and if my 5 dollar cable shits out on me in 6 months (had mine for 4 years now) then i will spend another 5 bucks.

have fun with your monster cables, i'm going to use my extra 95+ bucks and buy some beer. :beer:

Your right about the distance thing. I actually only have one pair of monster cables for my blu Ray, but my Xbox runs off the cheapo one it came with. The difference is negligible, but my good cables I spend more on I've had for years. I've gone through 3 cheapo component cables in a year and a half and got sick of it. You get what you pay for, I suppose.

NightTrainLayne
02-22-2010, 11:31 AM
I saw the videos involving the father having to deal with the death of his son. I want a PS3 just for this game.

Yes. When I played the demo, which includes the trailer you speak of, I was quite pleased that I have a PS3 and will be able to play it.

Timmy!
02-22-2010, 03:22 PM
This game is apparently made by the same group that made Indigo Prophecy. I never had a PS2, so I've never played it.

The demo was indeed beautiful in terms of graphics, and it is certainly an "adult" game with language, etc. that you'd expect in an R rated movie.

The game-play is what really got me, along with the "film noire" feel, and the story-line. The graphics just put it all together. It feels as though you're watching a movie, but in control of the characters and their actions. Of course, the story unfolds differently based on choices that you make during the game-play.

Looks like lots of fun.

I played Indigo Prophecy on my orginal Xbox. Very underrated game. It plays exactly how your describing this new game. Indigo Prophecy was fun, with very high replay value as you could completely change the story based on your actions. It was also very dark, and very "adult" as well. I'd bet this new game will be pretty sweet if you're into the interactive movie type game NTL. Also, if your PS3 plays ps2 games I'd recommend picking up Indigo Prophecy, it's definitely worth the $10 or so you'd spend on it.

Timmy!
02-22-2010, 03:28 PM
Brutal Legend: 7.5/10

Finally got a chance to check this one out. Lots of fun, best metal soundtrack ever (107 songs, seriously, if you like metal you're gonna love it), and very original (and funny) game play. It losses points for getting to repetitive but it's still definitely worth a rental (as you can beat it in around 12 hours as well). It also has some really great voice acting and some of the coolest looking environments I've seen in a game even if the graphics themselves are not top notch compared to games like Mass Effect. If you're a metal head, you'll love this game.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
02-22-2010, 04:35 PM
I'm definitely picking up Heavy Rain on release day, I've been waiting for it for years. Thing is, when they hype games too early and you have to wait a few years the hype wears off. Kinda like tekken 6.

NightTrainLayne
02-24-2010, 01:49 PM
So I picked up Heavy Rain yesterday. Haven't been able to play it much. .. only about 30 minutes, so the story is just barely starting to unfold.

I'm stoked about it though. Should be fun. The graphics and motion capture really make it feel like you're in a movie.

Broncolingus
02-24-2010, 01:53 PM
Does Mafia Wars (via FB) count?

I don't do the X-Box shit...my son's all into that.

If not, I'll grab my walker and saunter on back to the cafeteria for more pudding...

NameUsedBefore
02-24-2010, 09:29 PM
Bought Brothers in Arms and The Darkness on the cheap few days ago...

Got stuck on The Darkness already so I just shelved it for a bit. Brothers in Arms is amusing enough, but I think Full Spectrum Warrior did the same thing but much better.

drewloc
02-25-2010, 12:44 AM
Just starting my playthrough of Dragon Age: Origins. I must say, Bioware really has their shit together. I'm about 3 hours into it, it's amazing.

Shazam!
02-25-2010, 02:08 AM
Just starting my playthrough of Dragon Age: Origins. I must say, Bioware really has their shit together. I'm about 3 hours into it, it's amazing.

IMO Bioware has eclipsed Square as the premier RPG developer. It's not even close.

Square loyalists will say 'FFXIII', but already there have been complaints about it in Japan that it's very linear.

My only real complaint about DAO was your character doesnt speak. A great, great game that hooks into you and doesnt let go. Lots of fun to be had for a long time.

drewloc
02-25-2010, 09:58 PM
IMO Bioware has eclipsed Square as the premier RPG developer. It's not even close.

Square loyalists will say 'FFXIII', but already there have been complaints about it in Japan that it's very linear.

My only real complaint about DAO was your character doesnt speak. A great, great game that hooks into you and doesnt let go. Lots of fun to be had for a long time.

Yeah that's my complaint so far is the non speaking part of it. The story is so engaging though that you quickly forget about it. As far as Square goes, there older stuff stands the test of time. I enjoyed FFVII, FFX, and FFXII, but XI was IMO a mistake, and XIII seems to be more in line with what I expected. I like RPG's so I am going to reserve judgement for now, but it's hard to deny that Bioware is close if not surpassed what Square started.

Shazam!
02-25-2010, 10:05 PM
FFX IMO lacked that charm or feel that stes FF apart.

I also felt that FFXII was clearly based off of Bioware's engines an efforts from KOTOR and Jade Empire, which was a tribute to the BW itself.

Also most Bioware epics have a more adult feel.

idk. I just prefer em'.

I get FFVII and other earlier titles in the last-last gen, PS1. Classics. But things change.