PDA

View Full Version : Injuries happen, even to elite/Super Bowl teams

Mr D
08-05-2010, 03:02 PM
In attempt to sooth and strengthen some minds that are willing to be open, positive, strong, and soothed, let's remember that there are 31 other teams in the NFL.

The Colts made the Super Bowl last year without Bob Sanders (arguably their best/most important player on the defense).

Vikings lost EJ Henderson (star MLB, playcaller, etc) 12 games into the season.

Chargers lose Jamal Williams in TC last year.

Giants lost Shockey in 2007... but some might say this might have actually helped the club.

Patriots lost Brady in 2008, and our HC McDaniels never panicked and helped the team go 11-5 with a QB that had never started since HS.

Now, you sit back and say, are we special in this event? The answer is no. Injuries happen to star players every season. It depends on the HC to find ways to work with what they have and succeed.

Now, the reality is, our team/defense did just get worse. And our chances did just statistically go down a bit to win X games this season.

There is no denying that. Players have to step up, and we have some guys working hard to fill that.

If you can take anything positive away from this, there are these 2 things:

1. Better than Dumervil injured now (than later) is that the staff now has time to deal with and find some fixes. If this happened during the season - it would have been much more of a headache to try and fix on the fly.

2. There is a possibility Dumervil can return if we make the playoffs.

I'm sitting here comfortable because I know McD ain't no bitch and he's a head strong coach.

Injuries happen people.

If you guys want chime in, please post some more key/star player injuries of Super Bowl/Play off teams of the past to help prove my case, because I KNOW there are much more than what I just listed.

Mr D
08-05-2010, 03:03 PM
Oh, and to those blaming McDaniels for running a physical camp, that's what elite teams do, that's what tough, physical, smart football teams do. That's what the Steelers do. The Ravens. The Patriots. etc...

Mr D
08-05-2010, 03:13 PM
Colts were still 3rd in the league in defense in 2007 when Freeney got injured.

BroncoNut
08-05-2010, 03:19 PM
I don't like your use of the word sooth. kinda creeps me out. I feel uneasy when men reach out to comfort me unless it is my dad and I am 5 years old.

Mr D
08-05-2010, 03:34 PM
I don't like your use of the word sooth. kinda creeps me out. I feel uneasy when men reach out to comfort me unless it is my dad and I am 5 years old.

What if I told you, I'm the girl of your dreams and I'm willing do to whateverrrr you'd like....:lol:

nbenallo33
08-05-2010, 03:39 PM
Peter Foresberg 2001 stanley cup finals

Northman
08-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Lmao, oh shit. Now someone is claiming we are an elite team. Wonderful. hahahahaa

BroncoWave
08-05-2010, 03:55 PM
Lmao, oh shit. Now someone is claiming we are an elite team. Wonderful. hahahahaa

I missed where he claimed that. :confused:

Mr D
08-05-2010, 03:55 PM

:confused:

silkamilkamonico
08-05-2010, 04:16 PM
Denver was relatively injury free through the entire first 6 weeks of the season last year.

There goes the "poor me why does this always happen to us" argument.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-05-2010, 04:18 PM
Great thoughts and posts Mr D:salute:

jhildebrand
08-05-2010, 04:23 PM
Its not what happens. Its what they do about it. This was day 4 or 5. This team has the benefit of a lot of time to correct it, bring someone in, and minimize the blow as much as possible.

Also, McDaniels has shown he can bring in some great FA's or make trades happen.

jhildebrand
08-05-2010, 04:23 PM
I'd call Pitt and see what they want to part with Woodley.

I would also be on the phone with Adalius. The guy can still play and should have something to prove.

Superchop 7
08-05-2010, 04:29 PM
You people piss me off.

Do you think I care that we are hurt ?

I don't.

We are winners.

Period.

silkamilkamonico
08-05-2010, 04:41 PM
You people piss me off.

Do you think I care that we are hurt ?

I don't.

We are winners.

Period.

I've been saying that since 2000. I'm glad you're finally starting to figure it out!

Lonestar
08-05-2010, 04:58 PM
Oh, and to those blaming McDaniels for running a physical camp, that's what elite teams do, that's what tough, physical, smart football teams do. That's what the Steelers do. The Ravens. The Patriots. etc...

add NYG to the list talk about a dictator. if your not 5 minute early to a meeting your late. and get fined.

Mr D
08-05-2010, 05:10 PM
add NYG to the list talk about a dictator. if your not 5 minute early to a meeting your late. and get fined.

All elite teams year in and year out.

Eagles.. Saints as of recent... etc.