PDA

View Full Version : Doom Hurt -- Updated: Doom to miss 3-4 months with chest/arm injiury

Pages : [1] 2

oubronco
08-04-2010, 08:09 PM
http://twitter.com/PostBroncos

Elvis Dumervil just left practice with head trainer, holding right arm tight to chest

:shocked:

UPDATED: Starting at post 27 or so in this thread. Doom to miss 3-4 months.

oubronco
08-04-2010, 08:10 PM
Posted August 4, 2010, 6:53 pm
Dumervil leaves practice early

By Lindsay Jones
Add a comment
Print

Here’s a scary sentence, Broncos fans: Star pass rusher Elvis Dumervil left Wednesday’s practice early with an apparent arm or shoulder injury.
Head trainer Steve Antonopulos accompanied Dumervil to the locker room. Dumervil was holding his right arm tight against his chest, with his hand grasping the neck area of his jersey.
Dumervil and the Broncos pass rushers were participating in a one-on-one pass rush drill against offensive linemen when Dumervil was injured.

Jagsbch
08-04-2010, 08:11 PM
You snuck it in a minute before me... Good thing I made my topic a general one...

oubronco
08-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Thats cool just have GEM merge them

I hope it's not bad though our guys are starting to drop like flies

Jagsbch
08-04-2010, 08:16 PM
It is general I can drum up a new thread out of it in no time with the same title.

honz
08-04-2010, 08:17 PM
I guess Doom is injury prone now.

frauschieze
08-04-2010, 08:19 PM
It is general I can drum up a new thread out of it in no time with the same title.

Made it even simpler and just deleted your thread. If you still want to make a general LB thread, please do, but this way you don't have to be under the gun to create something. :D

Jagsbch
08-04-2010, 08:34 PM
Thanks.

Well this was what was going there. may as well put it here now.:D

McDaniels on the inside linebacker position

"Wood (LB Wesley Woodyard) - he's experienced now in our system. He is a little bigger than he has been. Definitely a physical player - (has) great speed and has certainly played a lot in our nickel and dime packages in the years past, but he's really showing the ability to be able to play in there on that weak side."

"He is just a guy that deserves what he is getting right now because he's earning it every day and I think he's a great example for some of the younger players. (He was) not a highly-touted player in terms of where he was drafted when he came out, but he's worked his way into a great role for our football team."

Timmy!
08-04-2010, 08:51 PM
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit! Last thing we need is Doom having a season long nagging injury. Hopefully it's not bad.

BroncoWave
08-04-2010, 08:51 PM
Well if it's too bad the Bills just cut Aaron Schobel.

cuzz4169
08-04-2010, 09:08 PM
Thanks.

Well this was what was going there. may as well put it here now.:D

McDaniels on the inside linebacker position

"Wood (LB Wesley Woodyard) - he's experienced now in our system. He is a little bigger than he has been. Definitely a physical player - (has) great speed and has certainly played a lot in our nickel and dime packages in the years past, but he's really showing the ability to be able to play in there on that weak side."

"He is just a guy that deserves what he is getting right now because he's earning it every day and I think he's a great example for some of the younger players. (He was) not a highly-touted player in terms of where he was drafted when he came out, but he's worked his way into a great role for our football team."

I always said why pay DJ the money we do this guy is going to be pretty good.

cuzz4169
08-04-2010, 09:12 PM
By the way Aaron Schobel would be a nice pick up. We are very thin at the position. Put some pressure on Ayers.

broncobryce
08-04-2010, 09:24 PM
Schobel doesn't want to play in a 3-4
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Traveler
08-04-2010, 09:34 PM
By the way Aaron Schobel would be a nice pick up. We are very thin at the position. Put some pressure on Ayers.

Schobel will sign with the Texans.

DenBronx
08-04-2010, 09:34 PM
How bad is the injury?

Broken collar bone maybe? He was clinching his shoulder.

camdisco24
08-04-2010, 09:52 PM
PLEASE PLEASE be a minor injury.
I want to post a bunch of celebratory DOOOOOOOOM responses, everytime he gets a sack, in the gameday threads this season... :D

DenBronx
08-04-2010, 10:08 PM
Doom did get into a scuffle today with one of the WR's for taking a cheap shot on Alphonso Smith today. I wonder if his shoulder got aggravated during the brief skirmish.

I really hope he is ok!

broncobryce
08-04-2010, 10:13 PM
I remember the year his hand was broken. I think he only had 8 sacks that year.....hopefully its not repeat.

jhildebrand
08-04-2010, 10:15 PM
Sounds like a stinger. Let's hope that's all it is!

Lonestar
08-04-2010, 10:17 PM
Yep let's hope it is something minor.

Never was a fan of fat contracts to anyone just because of this.

TXBRONC
08-04-2010, 11:05 PM
Sounds like a stinger. Let's hope that's all it is!

I hope you're right.

honz
08-04-2010, 11:08 PM
He is probably just weaseling his way out of camp now that he got paid.

underrated29
08-04-2010, 11:11 PM
Doom did get into a scuffle today with one of the WR's for taking a cheap shot on Alphonso Smith today. I wonder if his shoulder got aggravated during the brief skirmish.

I really hope he is ok!

That report is very very innacurate!

Matt willis shouldered phonz and dropped him. It was not a cheap shot, and phonz knew it was coming. Phonz was returning a fumble and this happened yesterday the 3rd not today the 4th. There was also No scuffle. Doom just got in his (willis) face a little and told him to take it easy on our own guys.

Dam media- not calling you out Den- but I was there and saw what happened. The media is all we rely on and they were wrong.

BroncoNut
08-05-2010, 08:19 AM

Elvis Dumervil just left practice with head trainer, holding right arm tight to chest

sounds like he should have left with the right arm trainer instead of the head trainer.

nbenallo33
08-05-2010, 08:57 AM
He is probably just weaseling his way out of camp now that he got paid.

i dont think doom would pull a favre

Denver Native (Carol)
08-05-2010, 10:04 AM
http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/story/09000d5d819891dd/article/broncos-lb-dumervil-leaves-practice-with-a-chest-injury?module=HP_headlines

Denver Broncos linebacker Elvis Dumervil cut practice short Wednesday night, leaving the field holding his right arm.

The Denver Post reported the injury is in his right pectoral muscle.

Dumervil, the league's reigning sacks leader who signed a five-year, $58.3 million contract extension last month, didn't return to practice. The Post said Dumervil hurt his chest in a one-on-one pass drill against Tyler Polumbus, and that Dumervil will be evaluated Thursday by the team's medical staff.

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said after practice that he had no update on Dumervil.

Dumervil had a team-record 17 sacks and was selected to the Pro Bowl last season.

honz
08-05-2010, 10:08 AM
Hopefully he didn't tear it...that would likely be his season.

Mike
08-05-2010, 10:57 AM
Shefter reporting it's a tear and out indefinitely.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5439705

Sources: Elvis Dumervil out indefinitely
By Adam Schefter

Denver Broncos linebacker Elvis Dumervil suffered a torn pectoral muscle during Wednesday's practice that will sideline him indefinitely, according to league sources.

Dumervil is expected to miss about four months, which means he might be able to return late this season.

Dumervil is going for another opinion to get a more specific idea of how much time he would miss so the Broncos can figure out how to best handle the situation.

With Dumervil out, Denver will need to get production out of two former No. 1 picks, Jarvis Moss and Robert Ayers.

Dumervil, who had an NFL high and team-record 17 sacks last season, signed a five-year, $58.332 million extension last month, that includes $43.168 million in guarantees.

Adam Schefter is ESPN's NFL Insider. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

rationalfan
08-05-2010, 11:00 AM
this is bad.

from schefter on twitter:
For now it sounds like Denver's Elvis Dumervil will miss at least four months, but it could well be the season. Crushing blow for Broncos.

broncogirl7
08-05-2010, 11:03 AM
Just heard on ESPN that he's out for the season!!! This is so damn depressing!

BigDaddyBronco
Sucks.

I guess we'll see if Ayers is worth anything.

honz
I just threw up in my mouth and then swallowed it. Jarvis Moss 4 DPOY.

Jagsbch
08-05-2010, 11:05 AM
Elvis Dumervil suffers torn pectoral, could miss 2010 season

broncotalk.net (http://broncotalk.net/2010/08/16446/denver-broncos/elvis-dumervil-suffers-torn-pectoral-could-miss-2010-season/)

The league’s reigning sack leader might not get a chance to defend his crown in 2010.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that Denver Broncos outside linebacker Elvis Dumervil suffered a torn pectoral muscle in practice Wednesday that will sideline him indefinitely. Schefter reports Elvis will be out at least four months, but could miss the entire season.

A monumental blow to the Broncos. With Ryan Clady sidelined with a knee injury, the Broncos face finishing training camp (and possibly more) without its two best, young players.

How does this affect the team’s plans heading into 2010? Should the Broncos make a move, via trade or free agency, to address this sudden need for a pass rusher?

cuzz4169
08-05-2010, 11:06 AM
Wow this really blows one of our best players WTF!!!

MasterShake
08-05-2010, 11:09 AM
Elvis Dumervil suffers torn pectoral, could miss 2010 season

broncotalk.net (http://broncotalk.net/2010/08/16446/denver-broncos/elvis-dumervil-suffers-torn-pectoral-could-miss-2010-season/)

Son of a **** in the ****ing *********** with a ******* shit ****!

I mean...dammit!...

broncogirl7
08-05-2010, 11:10 AM
Son of a **** in the ****ing *********** with a ******* shit ****!

I mean...dammit!...

My sentiments exactly! There's alot of cussing going on in the house right now! Thank goodness the kids are outside!

Denver Native (Carol)
08-05-2010, 11:11 AM
email I just received from 850KOA:

Broncos have lost NFLsack leader Elvis Dumervil for three to four months after an injury during practice

Denver Native (Carol)
08-05-2010, 11:12 AM
http://twitter.com/postbroncos

Mike Klis just learned Dumervil is going to have surgery to repair torn pec, he will be out until at least Nov + could miss entire season. 3 minutes ago via TweetDeck

honz
08-05-2010, 11:13 AM
He will just be fresh for the playoff run and the Superbowl.

:koolaid:

rationalfan
08-05-2010, 11:14 AM
quick, somebody get some voodoo working so ayers, moss or atkins can become kurt warner-like after trent green was injured.

also. this situation is exactly why players hold out before getting their new contract. phuck.

BigDaddyBronco
08-05-2010, 11:16 AM
Tuten bashing to commence in 3....2.....1.....

Jagsbch
08-05-2010, 11:17 AM
He will just be fresh for the playoff run and the Superbowl.

:koolaid::beer:

We are talking at least 3-4 months to recover so you may have a point. Put him on the pup, that will buy you time as far as being able to utilize his roster spot, and it is not as if you utilize every player on the roster on game day, keep him deactivated during the regular season when the playoff time comes along he will be ready to go. Excellent point. Talk about a razer edged sharp silver lining.:eek:

Lonestar
08-05-2010, 11:17 AM
CBS4 Broncos Insiders: It appears Elvis Dumervil will be out 4 months or more -- possibly the entire season -- after tearing his pectoral muscle Wednesday.

Sure glad he got his guaranteed contract.

honz
08-05-2010, 11:18 AM
CBS4 Broncos Insiders: It appears Elvis Dumervil will be out 4 months or more -- possibly the entire season -- after tearing his pectoral muscle Wednesday.

He was gonna get a bunch of money this year anyway.

broncogirl7
08-05-2010, 11:21 AM

This is what Doom was talking about. Can you imagine if he didn't get his guaranteed contract and then have something like this happen?

Denver Native (Carol)
Tuten bashing to commence in 3....2.....1.....

:confused::confused::confused:

Lonestar
:beer:

We are talking at least 3-4 months to recover so you may have a point. Put him on the pup, that will buy you time as far as being able to utilize his roster spot, and it is not as if you utilize every player on the roster on game day, keep him deactivated during the regular season when the playoff time comes along he will be ready to go. Excellent point. Talk about a razer edged sharp silver lining.:eek:

IIRC PUP is not avaialable to him in order to get that it has to be done BEFORE TC starts.

Even if he is able to be put there it is only good until the mid OCT.

So they will have to either carry him on the roster taking up a spot or IR him.

Skinny
08-05-2010, 11:22 AM
SOB!

BORDERLINE
08-05-2010, 11:22 AM
WTF......damn..are you guys kiddin me or what???? we talking bout practice....this is too many damn injuries before the 1st pre season game...don't these guys stretch and warm up before they hit the field???? i know S*** happens but it's gettin out of hand....

BigDaddyBronco
08-05-2010, 11:25 AM
:confused::confused::confused:

I have heard a few people say that Tuten puts an emphasis on building muscle mass instead of flexibility and that is why we have so many muscle tears, hamstring injuries, etc.

I think it's just the nature of the game, but I wanted to see if anyone bit.

Jagsbch
08-05-2010, 11:26 AM
IIRC PUP is not avaialable to him in order to get that it has to be done BEFORE TC starts.

Even if he is able to be put there it is only good until the mid OCT.

So they will have to either carry him on the roster taking up a spot or IR him.

He is not eligible for the pup list? Are you kidding me?

jhildebrand
08-05-2010, 11:26 AM

You never fail to take a cheap shot!

The contract, even with this injury, does far more good for McDaniels and the team than it doesn't.

Players get injured. If anything, people might start crucifying McD for having Dumervil go full bore and blame him! I know some in the Shanny camp are going to say this is why there is Club Med camps with Shanny.

NorCalBronco7
08-05-2010, 11:27 AM
This is the worst thing that could happen! Horrible, horrible news.

Whos going to get sacks for us? We're screwed.

WARHORSE
08-05-2010, 11:27 AM
Well, my hope is that this does not become a lingering injury.

If we're tanking it come november, no sense in activating him.

If we have a shot, bring him in, but not at risk of re-injury.

This sucks.:tsk:

Someone call Alfred Williams...........:salute:

Jagsbch
08-05-2010, 11:29 AM
I have heard a few people say that Tuten puts an emphasis on building muscle mass instead of flexibility and that is why we have so many muscle tears, hamstring injuries, etc.

I think it's just the nature of the game, but I wanted to see if anyone bit.

WOE

This is going to be something that will most likely be turned into a huge story before it is all said and done.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-05-2010, 11:30 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15683159

The NFL's reigning sack king will not be chasing quarterbacks any time soon.

Elvis Dumervil, who left Wednesday night's practice with what appeared to be an injury to his right arm or shoulder area, was examined by the team's medical staff for a torn chest muscle, a source familiar with the exam said Thursday morning.

The pectoral muscle is large and often requires surgery to repair.

Dumervil could miss most — or all — of the season since recovery time is usually four to five months. The Broncos would have to decide, after consulting with their doctors, whether or not to simply put Dumervil on injured reserve and then he would miss the season.

Dumervil led the league in sacks last season and recently signed a long-term extension to remain with the Broncos.

Jagsbch
08-05-2010, 11:31 AM
So the Joe Mays signing turns out to be a much bigger deal than anticipated.

BroncoAV06
08-05-2010, 11:32 AM
Can Tim Tebow play both ways?

I say yes.

roomemp
08-05-2010, 11:32 AM
WOE

This is going to be something that will most likely be turned into a huge story before it is all said and done.

People must be forgetting we have Tebow.......Tebow can get 20 sacks with one arm tide around his back.

Mike
08-05-2010, 11:33 AM

I agree...I am glad he got his contract. He earned it. If he hadn't got the contract and this happened you can be sure Denver would have taken care of themselves and Doom would have been screwed.

SOCALORADO.
08-05-2010, 11:33 AM
Well, looks like Ayers will get his chance now!
This kid has all the ability in the world, so its all up to him now.
I guess we'll see.

Also, what the hell are they doin out there at TC!?!?!

BroncoAV06
08-05-2010, 11:34 AM
Well at least two 1st round picks could be coming of the edge, Ayers and Moss....

Jagsbch
08-05-2010, 11:34 AM
How big is the Joe Mays trade now?

shank
08-05-2010, 11:35 AM
there isn't a curse word bad enough to represent my feelings.

broncophan
08-05-2010, 11:36 AM
shit.....out for the season???.........shit.....

Dirk
08-05-2010, 11:37 AM
Too bad! Well, I guess we'll see who can step up!

BroncoWave
08-05-2010, 11:40 AM
So the Joe Mays signing turns out to be a much bigger deal than anticipated.

Joe Mays is an ILB who excels on special teams. Doom's injury will have no impact on his role.

NorCalBronco7
08-05-2010, 11:41 AM
How big is the Joe Mays trade now?

What? Not that big...

Only if Haggan goes back to SOLB. Which makes the most sense. But still, right now we have to depend on Ayers and Moss. Ayers is definitly expected, but is he ready to contribute like a starter? We dont know. And Moss is well, Moss. He sucks hard and will always be a waste of a roster spot. :mad:

We need another pass rusher asap...

rationalfan
08-05-2010, 11:42 AM
Joe Mays is an ILB who excels on special teams. Doom's injury will have no impact on his role.

i thought the same thing, initially. but i have to wonder if this injury moves haggan back to olb?

LTC Pain
08-05-2010, 11:49 AM
i thought the same thing, initially. but i have to wonder if this injury moves haggan back to olb?

Or elevates Moss to weakside OLB. We'll see who moves up and gets the most time with the 1st team the rest of training camp.

Nomad
08-05-2010, 11:52 AM
Too bad! Well, I guess we'll see who can step up!

Pretty much! Someone has to step up because it's going to be a long season if no one can put pressure on the opposing QB. This is too bad because I wanted to see if Dumervil would keep up his intensity after the big payday and play like last year!!

NorCalBronco7
08-05-2010, 11:53 AM
FA DE's

Bertrand Berry
Copeland Bryan
Ryan Denney
Greg Ellis
Jevon Kearse
Darren Howard
Travis Kirschke
Paul Spicer

Im all about signing Berry again. We never should have let him go anyways. Im not sure if any of these FA DEs are 3-4 ends.

I looked over all the OLB FA's and uh, we'd be better off with a wet towel or ever a woman playing outside for us.

Tempus Fugit
08-05-2010, 11:53 AM
The Broncos will now probably be in competition with the Patriots for any player who's got 3-4 pass rushing experience and gets cut.

Italianmobstr7
08-05-2010, 11:56 AM
FA DE's

Bertrand Berry
Copeland Bryan
Ryan Denney
Greg Ellis
Jevon Kearse
Darren Howard
Travis Kirschke
Paul Spicer

Im all about signing Berry again. We never should have let him go anyways. Im not sure if any of these FA DEs are 3-4 ends.

I looked over all the OLB FA's and uh, we'd be better off with a wet towel or ever a woman playing outside for us.

Adalius Thomas and Aaron Schoebel are available. We need one of them. Preferably Thomas.

topscribe
08-05-2010, 11:57 AM
It's a good thing Moss apparently is coming around. There is an abundance of
talent between him and Ayers. They now need to come through, and we must
hope for Reid's speedy recovery. We'll miss Dumervil, of course, but if the others
play up to their talents and abilities, the Broncos will still be strong at that
position . . .

-----

Lonestar
08-05-2010, 11:59 AM
He is not eligible for the pup list? Are you kidding me?

Clarifying NFL rules on the physically unable to perform (PUP) list
July 28, 8:39

There's been a lot of PUP list references in the news today so I thought I'd dust off some clarification of one of the most misunderstood eligibility rules in the NFL.
First and foremost, there are two PUP lists.
The PUP list that you may have seen in today's news stories refers to the 'Active PUP' list.
The Active PUP is for players that have some form of injury that will prevent them from starting training camp.
If placed on Active PUP, a player can rehab and participate in team meetings but cannot practice.
A player has to be placed on Active PUP before he begins training camp, so that's why you're seeing the stories popping up now.
A player on Active PUP can be removed from the list at any time during camp.
A player on Active PUP counts against the league mandated roster limit (currently 80).
And one of the most important rules, a player must be on Active PUP in order to be considered for Reserve PUP.
At the end of preseason, if an Active PUP player is still several weeks away from being able to play, the team may place him on Reserve PUP.
Reserve PUP players are not eligible to play for the first six weeks of the season.
Reserve PUP players do not count against the 53 man roster.
Reserve PUP players have a three week window after Week 6 to practice with the team but a roster decision must be made, either to activate to the 53 or to IR the player, within that timeframe.
If a player is activated off the Reserve PUP following Week 6, a roster move is required to make room . That's what happened on October 17, 2008 when Dunta Robinson was activated from Reserve PUP and Chris Taylor was placed on injured reserve.

http://www.examiner.com/x-778-Houston-Texans-Examiner~y2009m7d28-Clarifying-NFL-rules-on-the-physically-unable-to-perform-PUP-list

NorCalBronco7
08-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Also available

Shawn Crable
Adalius Thomas

Sign Thomas. He is the best true 3-4 OLB out there.

He has character issues for sure, but if it comes down to him being a problem then Josh could always send him over to Lendale's house to "chill".

Northman
08-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Thats going to suck. Going to be a long year.

nbenallo33
08-05-2010, 12:02 PM
wow i am in shock! this is not good news. our season is getting worse and worse... maybe mcdaniels drills have too much hitting we are droping like flies

Lonestar
08-05-2010, 12:02 PM
Adalius Thomas and Aaron Schoebel are available. We need one of them. Preferably Thomas.

Scheobel is a bona fide DE only

Lonestar
08-05-2010, 12:03 PM
wow i am in shock! this is not good news. our season is getting worse and worse... maybe mcdaniels drills have too much hitting we are droping like flies

better than dropping like flies in the real season. Like they used to or not being able to tackle when they needed to.

nbenallo33
08-05-2010, 12:07 PM
better than dropping like flies in the real season. Like they used to or not being able to tackle when they needed to.

losing players is losing players it doestmatter if it is during the season or training camp..

NorCalBronco7
08-05-2010, 12:08 PM
I wonder how D Will would fair as an OLB in a 3-4....A little small probably.

MileHighCrew
08-05-2010, 12:08 PM
This is the time Moss needs to become the player he should be. If not now then never

Lonestar
08-05-2010, 12:09 PM
losing players is losing players it doesn't matter if it is during the season or training camp..

glad you got it.

topscribe
08-05-2010, 12:09 PM
losing players is losing players it doestmatter if it is during the season or training camp..

It's better they lose a few days in camp than to lose a couple games during the
season. I think that's what JR is getting at. I know that doesn't apply in Doom's
case, but most of the injuries will be cleared up before the regular season
starts . . .

-----

Lonestar
08-05-2010, 12:11 PM
It's better they lose a few days in camp than to lose a couple games during the
season. I think that's what JR is getting at. I know that doesn't apply in Doom's
case, but most of the injuries will be cleared up before the regular season
starts . . .

-----

Also they actually are being coached in tackling not just making bit hits wrapping up to stop the ball from advancing.

If they can't do that and not be hurt well not sure what you can expect.

broncobryce
08-05-2010, 12:13 PM
He'll be back for the super bowl

Denver Native (Carol)
08-05-2010, 12:13 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5439705

Denver Broncos linebacker Elvis Dumervil suffered a torn pectoral muscle during Wednesday's practice that will sideline him indefinitely, according to league sources.

Dumervil is expected to miss about four months, which means he might be able to return late this season.

Dumervil is going for another opinion to get a more specific idea of how much time he would miss so the Broncos can figure out how to best handle the situation.

With Dumervil out, Denver will need to get production out of two former No. 1 picks, Jarvis Moss and Robert Ayers.

topscribe
08-05-2010, 12:14 PM
Also they actually are being coached in tackling not just making bit hits wrapping up to stop the ball from advancing.

If they can't do that and not be hurt well not sure what you can expect.

Getting hurt is part of football, JR. It happens, I don't care how stout and
big-boned the player is. You know that . . .

-----

broncofaninfla
08-05-2010, 12:15 PM
The football gods are angry with Denver right now..............

Shit happens, I'll still expect this team to be better than it was last year, no excuses.

silkamilkamonico
08-05-2010, 12:16 PM
A positive:

Doom got his deserved contract and I'm very glad for him.

A negative:

Denver has now given a player a huge contract who likely misses his first year under it and will be questionable to how he responds to the injury.

I still think, and this only reaffirms my opinion, that the lockout next year will be a good thing for Devner to have that year to get the organization in order.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-05-2010, 12:16 PM
http://twitter.com/postbroncos

RT @YahooSportsNFL: The Elvis Dumervil injury is very unfortunate. You have to wonder if this is what gets Adalius Thomas a home in Denver.

broncofaninfla
08-05-2010, 12:18 PM
I pray we don't sign Adalius Thomas, he's a scrub and is no better than what we currently have.

DenBronx
08-05-2010, 12:19 PM
This is the one injury we couldn't afford.

Down goes the NFL sack leader.....insert twig legged Moss. :rolleyes:

broncobryce
08-05-2010, 12:21 PM
Jarvis better step it up now. Or can dj take ayers spot and ayer move to that side?

KCL
08-05-2010, 12:21 PM

UPDATED: Starting at post 27 or so in this thread. Doom to miss 3-4 months.

Ouch that sucks...I hate to see players hurt no matter what team they play for...that's a big time loss.

Northman
08-05-2010, 12:22 PM
The football gods are angry with Denver right now..............

Shit happens, I'll still expect this team to be better than it was last year, no excuses.

Yep.

NorCalBronco7
I pray we don't sign Adalius Thomas, he's a scrub and is no better than what we currently have.

Hes much, much better than Moss or any other pass rusher we have.

nbenallo33
so do we go back to the 4-3

Lonestar
08-05-2010, 12:23 PM

leading the league is sacks when your team sucks at defense wins few games for you.

nice to have the honors but in the grand scheme of things not sure if I'd rather have a great defense with a bunch of folks getting sacks or a poor one with a league leader.

Maybe some where in between.

rationalfan
08-05-2010, 12:24 PM
Denver has now given a player a huge contract who likely misses his first year under it and will be questionable to how he responds to the injury.

not sure what you mean. this isn't joint damage. or a spinal cord injury. a muscle tear will be surgically repaired and heal very well. there could be physical deformities (like a bumpy muscle) but, if i recall correctly, the prognosis for this type of injury is very good. it just takes time to heal after surgery - which, i believe, is required to repair a torn pectoral.

NorCalBronco7

http://coloradosportsdesk.com/wp/wp-content/broncos-training-camp-day-5-jarvis-moss-returns-to-camp.jpg

Whats not to like about this guy? :D

broncofaninfla
Hes much, much better than Moss or any other pass rusher we have.

Not hardly, NE booted him and they aren't exactly drowning in talented OLB's right now. He's a classic underacheiver.................pass

pnbronco
08-05-2010, 12:25 PM
Jarvis better step it up now. Or can dj take ayers spot and ayer move to that side?

Thanks for posting this, I was not sure how to word it and was wondering if they could use DJ in a different way to help.

Also...............:rant:..........:banghead:..... .........:hurt:...........damn it!!!!

NorCalBronco7
08-05-2010, 12:27 PM

No. Teams dont do that because of one injured player.

silkamilkamonico
08-05-2010, 12:28 PM
Not to be an ******* here, and I do really like the new staff, but would any of you guys put it past them if they approached Doom and asked him to pay back some of his bonus if he misses the year?

silkamilkamonico
08-05-2010, 12:30 PM
not sure what you mean. this isn't joint damage. or a spinal cord injury. a muscle tear will be surgically repaired and heal very well. there could be physical deformities (like a bumpy muscle) but, if i recall correctly, the prognosis for this type of injury is very good. it just takes time to heal after surgery - which, i believe, is required to repair a torn pectoral.

It's an injury requiring surgery. Any time you go under the knife their are long term risks regardless of any way you want to spin it. You said it yourself with a "very good" prognosis, and not "given".

Jagsbch
08-05-2010, 12:30 PM
Someone on the ESPN comments made a comment that this kind of injury is related to HGH use.

That guy also said that HGH is how Dumervil is a 5'10 DE who got 17 sacks. There is a lot of errors in that statement.

Comment section of the breaking article (http://broncotalk.net/2010/08/16446/broncos-news/elvis-dumervil-suffers-torn-pectoral-could-miss-2010-season/)

Did HGH play a roll in this?

Tempus Fugit
08-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Not to be an ******* here, and I do really like the new staff, but would any of you guys put it past them if they approached Doom and asked him to pay back some of his bonus if he misses the year?

PFT is weighing in on the contract stuff....

So, as the source explains it, the Broncos could determine in he future that Dumervil is healthy -- and then the Broncos could cut him before the first day of the next league year, when $14 million of his base salary for 2011 and another $14 million of his base salary for 2012 become guaranteed for skill.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/05/denver-could-try-to-stick-it-to-dumervil/

broncofaninfla
08-05-2010, 12:32 PM

Good question, nothing would surprise at this point. I'd think if there were questions about the legitimacy of the injury they might.

Northman

Why? Its not like he purposely went out and got hurt.

NorCalBronco7
Not hardly, NE booted him and they aren't exactly drowning in talented OLB's right now. He's a classic underacheiver.................pass

Who a better FA than Thomas? Nobody.

Hes the most proven FA OLB out there. He might be an underachiever, but hes the most talented player available.

TXBRONC
08-05-2010, 12:33 PM

I don't think they would do that. Imho that would be as bad as jerking the guy around.

Tempus Fugit
08-05-2010, 12:33 PM

Thomas looked terrible last season. He was absolutely awful. The question moving forward for him will be whether it was due to skill erosion or a scheme and attitude issue, since Belichick had changed his duties and Thomas wasn't happy about it.

Scheobel is a bona fide DE only

He's a pass rusher. Even using him as a sub, he could run from a 3-4 position "OLB" in passing situations and mostly rush the passer.

SOCALORADO.
08-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Thomas looked terrible last season. He was absolutely awful. The question moving forward for him will be whether it was due to skill erosion or a scheme and attitude issue, since Belichick had changed his duties and Thomas wasn't happy about it.

He's a pass rusher. Even using him as a sub, he could run from a 3-4 position "OLB" in passing situations and mostly rush the passer.

Whats wrong with just giving Ayers his shot? This is why DEN drafted him in the 1st, and now he has to put up or shut up.

NorCalBronco7
08-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Someone on the ESPN comments made a comment that this kind of injury is related to HGH use.

That guy also said that HGH is how Dumervil is a 5'10 DE who got 17 sacks. There is a lot of errors in that statement.

Comment section of the breaking article (http://broncotalk.net/2010/08/16446/broncos-news/elvis-dumervil-suffers-torn-pectoral-could-miss-2010-season/)

What? Hell no.

Thats some garbage. :coffee:

Jagsbch
08-05-2010, 12:36 PM
What? Hell no.

Thank you

SOCALORADO.
08-05-2010, 12:37 PM
What? Hell no.

Its on the interwebs NorCal, so you just know its gotta be true!!

Lonestar
08-05-2010, 12:39 PM

guess that is no worse than what Doom did last year. hand in the dirt rush the passer.

Had not thought about that in those terms

NorCalBronco7
08-05-2010, 12:40 PM

In 08' Thomas was leading the Pats in sacks until he got hurt in week 10. 09' He was playing we'll until Belichick started being a hard ass to everyone.

I think hes still got some juice left.

DenBronx
08-05-2010, 12:42 PM

Rightly they should. You don't sign a 40 guaranteed cantract and get put on IR 2 weeks later. Dume should step up to the plate and redo his deal.

HGH has been playing a huge part in football for years. In fact since football is such a brutal game I fully support players using it to recover quickly. It's taken the NFL years to debate this because they know how widespread it is in the league.

claymore
08-05-2010, 12:43 PM
Do to superstition, I kinda felt this would happen. It seems like once a player gets paid there is a good chance he is never the same for ____ (Insert reason).

dogfish
08-05-2010, 12:43 PM
well, if no one else is going to say it, i will. . .

i think the anti-mcdaniels camp just got a mountain of ammunition dumped on their doorstep for free. . .

our stud left tackle is questionable, we're going to have two other rookies starting on the O-line, most of our passing game is in miami, and virtually our entire pass rush from last year is now gone. . .

i try not to be a defeatist, but i think we're ****ed. . . i still expect the defense to be more stout this season, but i think they're going to have an awfully difficult time getting off the field with no pass rush. . .

mcdaniels will truly have to be a genius to coach this team above .500, and i don't think he's good enough in his second year. . . love to be proven wrong, naturally. . . .

*sighs*

you know what i hate almost as much as losing my favorite player and feeling like we're probably going to suck? the fact that i anticipate this place being more or less unbearable as the mcD trolls cavort and revel in a vicious and repulsive orgy of complaints and "i told you so's". . . .

Lonestar
08-05-2010, 12:44 PM
Whats wrong with just giving Ayers his shot? This is why DEN drafted him in the 1st, and now he has to put up or shut up.

the issue is who do we have behind moss and ayers

54 Greisen, Nick LB ACT 6'1" 250 8/10/1979 9 Wisconsin
48 Alexander, Kevin LB ACT 6'4" 265 7/1/1987 0 Clemson
58 Atkins, Baraka LB ACT 6'4" 268 9/28/1984 4 Miami (Fla.)
56 Ayers, Robert LB ACT 6'3" 274 9/6/1985 2 Tennessee
51 Ayodele, Akin LB ACT 6'2" 245 9/17/1979 9 Purdue
49 Bishop, Devin LB ACT 6'1" 239 7/17/1986 0 California
53 Kirlew, Jammie LB ACT 6'3" 260 5/12/1987 0 Indiana
96 Mays, Joe LB ACT 5'11" 246 7/6/1985 3 North Dakota State

92 Dumervil, OLB ACT 5'11" 248 1/19/1984 5 Louisville
59 Woodyard, Wesley LB ACT 6'0" 222 7/21/1986 3 Kentucky
57 Haggan, Mario OLB ACT 6'3" 267 3/3/1980 8 Mississippi State

mighty thin there and Doom will not be back this year until very late and even then most likely not be a factor.

Jagsbch
08-05-2010, 12:45 PM
*sighs*

you know what i hate almost as much as losing my favorite player and feeling like we're probably going to suck? the fact that i anticipate this place being more or less unbearable as the mcD trolls cavort and revel in a vicious and repulsive orgy of complaints and "i told you so's". . . .

That's why I am here.

http://www.sxc.hu/pic/m/w/wh/whitefiles/51430_sherif_badge.jpg

SOCALORADO.
08-05-2010, 12:46 PM

i think the anti-mcdaniels camp just got a mountain of ammunition dumped on their doorstep for free. . .

our stud left tackle is questionable, we're going to have two other rookies starting on the O-line, most of our passing game is in miami, and virtually our entire pass rush from last year is now gone. . .

i try not to be a defeatist, but i think we're ****ed. . . i still expect the defense to be more stout this season, but i think they're going to have an awfully difficult time getting off the field with no pass rush. . .

mcdaniels will truly have to be a genius to coach this team above .500, and i don't think he's good enough in his second year. . . love to be proven wrong, naturally. . . .

*sighs*

Just wait for it. Then we will migrate somewhere else.........again.

silkamilkamonico
This will be a year I will enjoy, in terms of watching young/unknown players step up and maybe implanting their face in the NFL, because of so many question marks/injuries.

I'm certainly not expecting a playoff year this year, that's for sure. I would like to see if Devner can stay resilient and compete in every game with what they have.

dogfish

absolutely correct. . . it's a muscle tear, it will be 100% as good as new next year. . .

utterly crushing blow for this season, but it's not going to affect his career down the road. . .

Nomad
Do to superstition, I kinda felt this would happen. It seems like once a player gets paid there is a good chance he is never the same for ____ (Insert reason).

It does seems that way that's why I am disappointed because I know it's not his fault he was hurt but I was anxious to see if he played up to his potential and keep the same intensity after being paid!!

I wonder what Chaz thinks of this!!

silkamilkamonico
08-05-2010, 12:47 PM
I do think Haggan should move outside and make room for Larson/Adoyle in the middle.

It makes no sense to me whatsoever to give a garbage player like Moss more time, and then have guys like Adoyle sitting on the sidelines, when you can slide him in and move Haggan out.

silkamilkamonico
08-05-2010, 12:48 PM
absolutely correct. . . it's a muscle tear, it will be 100% as good as new next year. . .

utterly crushing blow for this season, but it's not going to affect his career down the road. . .

LMAO It's surgery.

If surgery was absolutely risk free, people wouldn't even give it a second thought.

topscribe
08-05-2010, 12:48 PM
I do think Haggan should move outside and make room for Larson/Adoyle in the middle.

It makes no sense to me whatsoever to give a garbage player like Moss more time, and then have guys like Adoyle sitting on the sidelines, when you can slide him in and move Haggan out.

All reports are than Moss is having a terrific camp . . .

-----

Northman
08-05-2010, 12:49 PM

*sighs*

Guess we will get to see if McD is worth a grain of salt this year. Great coaches find a way through adversity but like you i think we are now going to be far worse than i originally expected.

DenBronx
08-05-2010, 12:50 PM

*sighs*

does our defense now suck with the loss of one guy? i have been hearing nothing but good praise reports about the secondary and how we have been shutting down the offense. we added some pretty stout DL in the mix and were now in year two of the 3/4. yes losing dume sucks but does 1 player count as a defeated season?

NorCalBronco7
08-05-2010, 12:50 PM

Im sure this is the most likely scenario.

Thats means Ayers will have to step up a ton and if not, our pass rush will be laughable.

dogfish
08-05-2010, 12:51 PM

-----

i don't buy it translating, not even a little bit. . . i was there yesterday, and i saw him get thrown flat on his ass a few times. . .

BroncoWave
08-05-2010, 12:51 PM
For those who would want to blame McD or our trainers for this, Andrew Mason puts it in perspective:

"I've seen the drill in which Dumervil was injured in 8 diff. camps since '97 (DEN, CAR, TB, MIA, JAX,, NE, NYG, NYJ). EVERYONE does it."

"Blaming the coach, anything else = just shouting into the wind. As Beano Cook says, "These things happen." That's why @ Dove Valley, (cont)"

"they'll drop a few expletives @ the news, then settle down & analyze how to compensate. That's the only way to survive in the sport"

www.twitter.com/maxbroncos

Lonestar
08-05-2010, 12:52 PM

*sighs*

if anything this gets him another year free pass.

Pat is not stupid expecting him to be a winner without two of the brightest stars on the squad playing at full strength.

The nay sayers may want to hang him but Pat is not going to do it.

Most fans are going to understand that crap happens

NorCalBronco7
08-05-2010, 12:52 PM

-----

And that amounts to what? A bucket of sand...

silkamilkamonico
08-05-2010, 12:54 PM

-----

I heard that same song with him last year. What happened?

claymore
08-05-2010, 12:54 PM

*sighs*

I see your point, but I want all these guys healthy. I dont want any lame ass excuses from or for McD.

DenBronx
08-05-2010, 12:55 PM
here's the deal though. with all the moves mcdaniels has made he himself has put himself in a do or die situation. it doesn't matter who gets injured. if we do worse than 8-8 then he's getting a one way ticket. we don't have time to dick around. i want to see this team get back to it's glory days and win some playoff games.

so even with moreno, bucky, clady, dume and anyone else that gets injured we better win. no excuses!

BigDaddyBronco
08-05-2010, 12:55 PM
Guess we will get to see if McD is worth a grain of salt this year. Great coaches find a way through adversity but like you i think we are now going to be far worse than i originally expected.
Yea if we are relying on our offense to outscore the other guy, we are in trouble.

I'm wishing they had drafted Orakpo and Ayers instead of moreno and Ayers. Way easier to get a decent RB later in the draft than a pass rusher.

claymore
08-05-2010, 12:56 PM
if anything this gets him another year free pass.

Pat is not stupid expecting him to be a winner without two of the brightest stars on the squad playing at full strength.

The nay sayers may want to hang him but Pat is not going to do it.

Most fans are going to understand that crap happens

And this is an example of the built in excuses.

DenBronx

moss is a training camp hero and a regular season zero.

BroncoWave
More from Andrew Mason:

"Above all: McDaniels & his staff won't panic over Doom. He didn't panic in '08 when Brady tore an ACL in Week 1. He won't now."

www.twitter.com/maxbroncos

claymore
08-05-2010, 12:57 PM
here's the deal though. with all the moves mcdaniels has made he himself has put himself in a do or die situation. it doesn't matter who gets injured. if we do worse than 8-8 then he's getting a one way ticket. we don't have time to dick around. i want to see this team get back to it's glory days and win some playoff games.

so even with moreno, bucky, clady, dume and anyone else that gets injured we better win. no excuses!

Everyone on this team is now his. Depth and all.

dogfish
08-05-2010, 12:57 PM
does our defense now suck with the loss of one guy? i have been hearing nothing but good praise reports about the secondary and how we have been shutting down the offense. we added some pretty stout DL in the mix and were now in year two of the 3/4. yes losing dume sucks but does 1 player count as a defeated season?

oh, it's not like that at all. . . although, when you have two all-pro players who aren't available, let's be realistic-- that is going to hurt any club, a ton. . . particularly when the depth is pure garbage at both of those positions-- don't forget, we could easily be starting the season with tyler the turnstile polumbus at left tackle. . . :tsk:

like i said, i still expect the defense to be stout-- and we all know the coverage is going to be excellent. . . that only goes so far when you can't put any pressure on the QB, though-- even the best secondary can only cover so long, and it only takes one breakdown to give up the first. . . i think our D is going to play their guts out and give us a solid season, but you can only do so much on that side of the ball with no pass rush. . .

as far as i'm concerend, i hope they just completely turn the dogs loose. . . dial the blitz all the way up like we did in '05, try to get as much pressure as we can and let our highly-touted secondary do their thing. . .

just sayin'. . .

BroncoWave
08-05-2010, 12:58 PM

I'd hate for us to look stupid by firing a coach after a season ravaged by injuries and that coach go on to do great things elsewhere.

Northman
08-05-2010, 12:58 PM
Yea if we are relying on our offense to outscore the other guy, we are in trouble.

I'm wishing they had drafted Orakpo and Ayers instead of moreno and Ayers. Way easier to get a decent RB later in the draft than a pass rusher.

Most definitely.

Northman
08-05-2010, 12:59 PM
More from Andrew Mason:

"Above all: McDaniels & his staff won't panic over Doom. He didn't panic in '08 when Brady tore an ACL in Week 1. He won't now."

www.twitter.com/maxbroncos (http://www.twitter.com/maxbroncos)

We shall see.

BroncoNut

*sighs*

wow, what a post.

I don't think it's quite that dismal dog. these latest events have created alot of unknowns. eff Marshall, I liked him, but receivers grow on trees and I think we've got some promise in the stable. Clady will be back. Dumerville sure is a loss though. i give you that. I don't see anyone filling his boots, that's for sure.

topscribe
And that amounts to what? A bucket of sand...

Is this to be taken as proof that Moss is garbage this year?

And no, Moss had a rough camp last year. Almost quit football. Remember?

-----

claymore
08-05-2010, 01:00 PM
oh, it's not like that at all. . . although, when you have two all-pro players who aren't available, let's be realistic-- that is going to hurt any club, a ton. . . particularly when the depth is pure garbage at both of those positions-- don't forget, we could easily be starting the season with tyler the turnstile polumbus at left tackle. . . :tsk:like i said, i still expect the defense to be stout-- and we all know the coverage is going to be excellent. . . that only goes so far when you can't put any pressure on the QB, though-- even the best secondary can only cover so long, and it only takes one breakdown to give up the first. . . i think our D is going to play their guts out and give us a solid season, but you can only do so much on that side of the ball with no pass rush. . .

as far as i'm concerend, i hope they just completely turn the dogs loose. . . dial the blitz all the way up like we did in '05, try to get as much pressure as we can and let our highly-touted secondary do their thing. . .

just sayin'. . .

He should have kept his mobile QB and star WR then. THat would have helped.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-05-2010, 01:01 PM
OK - just thinking - there MUST be someone other than Dumervil on the Broncos who is capable of rushing the passer - just saying

BroncoNut
08-05-2010, 01:03 PM
that's enough Clay. let it go. that was how long ago now? His mobile quarterback wasn't shit outside of the 20's as far as I am concerened, when it mattered anyway

dogfish
08-05-2010, 01:03 PM
I see your point, but I want all these guys healthy. I dont want any lame ass excuses from or for McD.

:confused:

what do you mean?

i want them all healthy, too-- don't we all?

i want them healthy so we can we win the mother****ing game!

claymore
08-05-2010, 01:04 PM
This is going to sting even worse when Jamal Williams cant make it the entire season.

Northman
I'd hate for us to look stupid by firing a coach after a season ravaged by injuries and that coach go on to do great things elsewhere.

It happened to Shanahan in 08' after the RB's dwindled down to nothing. Chances are "if" McD becomes a great coach he will probably do it elsewhere anyway. He's not going to get more than 3 years to make this team a contender, that wasnt in Bowlen's plan. If we end up getting pummled this year it leaves McD with just one year to right the ship before Bowlen considers pulling the plug if that. Bowlen expected Shanahan to make due with his choices and players and it will be no different with McD only that McD will have a shorter leash. Bowlen wants to win and win now, not 10 more years down the road.

Tempus Fugit

Why would you not look to replace a top player with someone who had demonstrated some capacity to fill a portion of his shoes if it was possible? Even if it were only for depth or sub-package situations, why would you ignore the possibility of filling the void that's been created?

claymore
08-05-2010, 01:05 PM
:confused:

what do you mean?

i want them all healthy, too-- don't we all?

i want them healthy so we can we win the mother****ing game!

I just wanted to be clear, that im not going to bag on McD for losing Doom, and Clady. I will bag on him for other things. :D

:D

Northman
08-05-2010, 01:05 PM
OK - just thinking - there MUST be someone other than Dumervil on the Broncos who is capable of rushing the passer - just saying

Who?

dogfish
08-05-2010, 01:06 PM
He should have kept his mobile QB and star WR then. THat would have helped.

water so far under the bridge, i have zero interest in talking about it again. . .

MUST is a big word, carol. . . there's probably not. . .

Tempus Fugit
08-05-2010, 01:08 PM
In 08' Thomas was leading the Pats in sacks until he got hurt in week 10. 09' He was playing we'll until Belichick started being a hard ass to everyone.

I think hes still got some juice left.

I live in New England, and I see pretty much every Patriots game. I can tell you, with certainty, that Thomas was not playing well at any time in '09.

titan
08-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Not good news, for sure, but I still think it's going to be an interesting season. I'm not ready to conclude we're "doomed" until I see the revamped defense in action.

And if we start out 0-4 what's the worst that could happen? If the season goes south we'll see more of Tebow and the young players, and get an early round draft pick that won't cost us a bunch (because any new labor deal will have rookie salaries slotted).

NorCalBronco7

-----

Yes, if anything it should.

You cant prove anything that hasnt happened yet, like this coming up season, but years and years and years of nothing should be proof in itself.

And remember Moss was doing great (supposedly) before he got all womanly and emotional last year. Same tune.

I just think its hilarious anybody could be in Jarvis Moss corner. Hes never done anything in the NFL, so makes you think he can?

Ill tell you what it is. Hes a "freak"....whatever.

Jagsbch

Jarvis Green

Ravage!!!
08-05-2010, 01:11 PM
It happened to Shanahan in 08' after the RB's dwindled down to nothing. Chances are "if" McD becomes a great coach he will probably do it elsewhere anyway. He's not going to get more than 3 years to make this team a contender, that wasnt in Bowlen's plan. If we end up getting pummled this year it leaves McD with just one year to right the ship before Bowlen considers pulling the plug if that. Bowlen expected Shanahan to make due with his choices and players and it will be no different with McD only that McD will have a shorter leash. Bowlen wants to win and win now, not 10 more years down the road.

Especially after the personnel choices...whether thats trading away players or the choice in moving up for draft picks. Spending 4 picks on one player might buy you a season...but as you said...

NorCalBronco7
08-05-2010, 01:12 PM
Not good news, for sure, but I still think it's going to be an interesting season. I'm not ready to conclude we're "doomed" until I see the revamped defense in action.

And if we start out 0-4 what's the worst that could happen? If the season goes south we'll see more of Tebow and the young players, and get an early round draft pick that won't cost us a bunch (because any new labor deal will have rookie salaries slotted).

Oh joy, thats sound GREAT! Hopefully we never make the playoffs! :elefant:

DenBronx
08-05-2010, 01:15 PM

with the loss of dume carol it's one of our weakest areas on the team.

elvis is getting a second opinion today and i think if they determine that he will be out more than 3 months that they will just put him on IR. so today is key if we will keep him around in hopes that he can come back later in the season and at least contribute. if not then i think we will have to look at some free agent olb/de's.

schobel from the bills i heard only wants to play in a 4-3. adalius thomas might be a good fill in for 1 year.

topscribe
08-05-2010, 01:16 PM
Yes, if anything it should.

You cant prove anything that hasnt happened yet, like this coming up season, but years and years and years of nothing should be proof in itself.

And remember Moss was doing great (supposedly) before he got all womanly and emotional last year. Same tune.

I just think its hilarious anybody could be in Jarvis Moss corner. Hes never done anything in the NFL, so makes you think he can?

Ill tell you what it is. Hes a "freak"....whatever.

You are hilarious. I said one thing, and one thing only. I said, "All reports are
that Moss is having a terrific camp." How in the world did you get all those
inferences from that simple statement? :laugh:

-----

NorCalBronco7
08-05-2010, 01:16 PM
I live in New England, and I see pretty much every Patriots game. I can tell you, with certainty, that Thomas was not playing well at any time in '09.

Right on.

I thought for his position change he did decent. Last year was just not good for the Pats defense as a hole, so I dont put much against Thomas. Seriously whos a better FA?

honz
08-05-2010, 01:19 PM
It seems people are overreacting here. I know Dumervil is a great player and all, but let's remember that he is merely one player out of 11. Losing him doesn't turn us into some bottom feeder team...we just need someone to step up and fill in for Doom the best they can. Losing Doom puts more pressure on our defense elsewhere, but let's take the shotguns out of our mouths for a second here. The rest of our D is very capable.

honz
08-05-2010, 01:20 PM
Mario Hagan could always move back outside...

Tempus Fugit
08-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Right on.

I thought for his position change he did decent. Last year was just not good for the Pats defense as a hole, so I dont put much against Thomas. Seriously whos a better FA?

The Patriots defense was the #5 scoring defense in the league, despite having a lousy LB corps and a couple of big holes elsewhere. That's the sort of coaching the Broncos may need, if Dumervil can't be partially replaced.

As for the 'better FA', that really comes down to two questions:

1.) Are you looking for a 'complete' OLB?

2.) How much has AdT's game eroded?

If the answer to question one "we really need a pass rusher more than an all-around OLB", you could look to Ellis, Ogunleye or Schobel as options. If not, there's not much out there.

Finding some part of the answer to question two really requires bringing AdT in for a tryout.

I don't think McDaniels would be crazy to bring AdT in or anything but, given the premium he's putting on team chemistry, I'm not sure that he'd feel bringing Thomas in would be a smart locker room move. Even before 2009, AdT was known considered a bit of a locker room lawyer.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-05-2010, 01:24 PM
It seems people are overreacting here. I know Dumervil is a great player and all, but let's remember that he is merely one player out of 11. Losing him doesn't turn us into some bottom feeder team...we just need someone to step up and fill in for Doom the best they can. Losing Doom puts more pressure on our defense elsewhere, but let's take the shotguns out of our mouths for a second here. The rest of our D is very capable.

Exactly - if our defense was built around ONE player only, we were in trouble anyway.

NorCalBronco7
08-05-2010, 01:28 PM

-----

You are hilarious. I said one thing, and one thing only. I said, "All reports are
that Moss is having a terrific camp." How in the world did you get all those
inferences from that simple statement? :laugh:

-----

You said two things and two irrelavant things only, that Moss is having a wonderful camp and last year didnt. Sounds like you get a little defensive with Moss. I just wish he'd get a little defensive himself...

You defending Moss with statements like "Is this to be taken as proof that Moss is garbage this year" makes me think you might be related to him. Cousins? Second cousins? I mean why else would any intelligent human being defend Moss? Hes ******* clown shoes. Hes a waste of fresh air. He makes Jamarcus Russel look like Warren Moon. Got it?

NorCalBronco7
08-05-2010, 01:34 PM
The Patriots defense was the #5 scoring defense in the league, despite having a lousy LB corps and a couple of big holes elsewhere. That's the sort of coaching the Broncos may need, if Dumervil can't be partially replaced.

As for the 'better FA', that really comes down to two questions:

1.) Are you looking for a 'complete' OLB?

2.) How much has AdT's game eroded?

If the answer to question one "we really need a pass rusher more than an all-around OLB", you could look to Ellis, Ogunleye or Schobel as options. If not, there's not much out there.

Finding some part of the answer to question two really requires bringing AdT in for a tryout.

I don't think McDaniels would be crazy to bring AdT in or anything but, given the premium he's putting on team chemistry, I'm not sure that he'd feel bringing Thomas in would be a smart locker room move. Even before 2009, AdT was known considered a bit of a locker room lawyer.

Well, we obviously need a pass rushing OLB. Ellis would be alright.

I hope we do bring in Thomas for a workout. I know he has character issues, but who cares right now? If he is the best available, which I think he is, then sign him.

claymore
08-05-2010, 01:35 PM
The return of Clady and the success of Jamal Williams affects us more thna Dumervill does. Id rather have a healthy Williams than a Healthy Doom. JMO.

topscribe
08-05-2010, 01:36 PM
You said two things and two irrelavant things only, that Moss is having a wonderful camp and last year didnt. Sounds like you get a little defensive with Moss. I just wish he'd get a little defensive himself...

You defending Moss with statements like "Is this to be taken as proof that Moss is garbage this year" makes think you might be related to him. Cousins? Second cousins? I mean why else would any intelligent human being defend Moss? Hes ******* clown shoes. Hes a waste of fresh air. He makes Jamarcus Russel look like Warren Moon. Got it?

I only reported that Moss has been reported as having a good camp this year.

I then asked a question as to what the intent of your statements were.

Finally, I responded that he did not have a good camp last year.

And you say I'm getting defensive. :tsk:

I'm not a fan of Moss'. Never have been. Don't make what I say something that it is not . . .

-----

claymore
08-05-2010, 01:37 PM

I'm not a fan of Moss'. Never have been. Don't make what I say something that it is not . . .

-----

If Moss has a bad year dont blame it on his ankles. :D

NorCalBronco7
08-05-2010, 01:38 PM
The return of Clady and the success of Jamal Williams affects us more thna Dumervill does. Id rather have a healthy Williams than a Healthy Doom. JMO.

Come again? Uh, pass rush is the most important aspect for defenses in the modern NFL. You dont get to the QB, you dont win games...

Lonestar
08-05-2010, 01:40 PM

DO you not understand the youth of this team? Especially on Offense not sure we have any starters over 26, and on D we have a lot of young bucks getting experience behind most of the starters.We have plenty of time to get where we need to go.

Glad you were not a fan during the 60's and early 70's you would have been committed by now.

topscribe
08-05-2010, 01:41 PM
If Moss has a bad year dont blame it on his ankles. :D

If Moss has a bad year, it's because he's a bust. Simple. :noidea:

-----

BroncoNut
08-05-2010, 01:43 PM
DO you not understand the youth of this team? Especially on Offense not sure we have any starters over 26, and on D we have a lot of young bucks getting experience behind most of the starters.We have plenty of time to get where we need to go.

Glad you were not a fan during the 60's and early 70's you would have been committed by now.

this post dates you a bit Jrwitz. Are you so sure that we have "plenty of time" ? If I don't see a sb win before the coffin lid closes, I will consider my life a complete waste of time

claymore
08-05-2010, 01:45 PM
Come again? Uh, pass rush is the most important aspect for defenses in the modern NFL. You dont get to the QB, you dont win games...

The NT is the most important player on a 3-4 Defense. Im not going to even argue that point.

LTC Pain
08-05-2010, 01:45 PM

That's an idea!

BroncoWave
08-05-2010, 01:48 PM
this post dates you a bit Jrwitz. Are you so sure that we have "plenty of time" ? If I don't see a sb win before the coffin lid closes, I will consider my life a complete waste of time

I didn't know you were born after 1999! You are quite a good poster for a 10 year old! :D

NorCalBronco7
08-05-2010, 01:49 PM

-----

Thanks for the summary of our conversation. I forgot the whole two seconds of it til now...

You may not be a Moss fan, but you definitly protrayed hope for him. And thats silly because, he ****** terrible. Even if he is having the best training camp a football player ever has had (13 sacks a day avg. :eek:), our hope for him should not exist because he is a constant disappointment.

As much hope as you put into Moss is as much disappointment you are going to feel. Dont feel dissapointed, call that faggot a spade, and write that bust the **** off! :salute:

BroncoNut
08-05-2010, 01:50 PM
I didn't know you were born after 1999! You are quite a good poster for a 10 year old! :D

thanks! :confused:

topscribe
08-05-2010, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the summary of our conversation. I forgot the whole two seconds of it til now...

You may not be a Moss fan, but you definitly protrayed hope for him. And thats silly because, he ****** terrible. Even if he is having the best training camp a football player ever has had (13 sacks a day avg. :eek:), our hope for him should not exist because he is a constant disappointment.

As much hope as you put into Moss is as much disappointment you are going to feel. Dont feel dissapointed, call that faggot a spade, and write that bust the **** off! :salute:

Thank you for your opinion. :coffee:

-----

BroncoNut
08-05-2010, 01:52 PM

Damn!

LTC Pain
08-05-2010, 01:54 PM

-----

I'm pulling for Moss to translate his office season success and having a good training camp to a positive impact during the season. Wasn't Moss' pass rushing skill one of the reasons Shanny drafted him? Making no excuses for him nor am I trying to start a bandwagon. Moss has seemingly stepped it up a notch and now an opportunity has risen with Doom's injury. Something about grabbing the bull by the horns!

SOCALORADO.
08-05-2010, 01:55 PM
It does seems that way that's why I am disappointed because I know it's not his fault he was hurt but I was anxious to see if he played up to his potential and keep the same intensity after being paid!!

I wonder what Chaz thinks of this!!

Brandon Graham is what he thinks.

BroncoWave
thanks! :confused:

I mean, you said your life would be a waste if the coffin lid closed w/o a Broncos SB, and we last won it in 1999 so...

NorCalBronco7
The NT is the most important player on a 3-4 Defense. Im not going to even argue that point.

Your right in that the NT itself is the most important position, but a pass rush is more important than the NT. Doesnt matter where it comes from, OLB, MLB, Jarvis Moss, whoever-wherever pass rush is king.

Jamal isnt nearly important to the defense as a whole than Elvis. Not even close. Because Elvis is a much better OLB than Jamal is a NT right now. The gap is pretty ******* big.

Lonestar
08-05-2010, 01:56 PM

I'm not all that concerned about where this team is going unlike most of the doom and gloomers.

I see the light at the end of the tunnel and think it is jsut around the corner so to speak.

The O is YOUNG across the board and the D has lots of players just waiting to bust out.

And yes during the early days before that 77 Team there was little hope of winning after about game 3-4 when we all figured out the drafted players did not improve the team to the level to compete with SAN, OAK and KC.

the "wait till next year" slogans were prevalent early in the season and the most we could hope for is be spoiler.

If we are losers because of one player then we were not going far any way.

jhildebrand
08-05-2010, 01:56 PM
Darius Watts was a TC superstar, too.

jhildebrand
08-05-2010, 01:58 PM
I'm pulling for Moss to translate his office season success and having a good training camp to a positive impact during the season. Wasn't Moss' pass rushing skill one of the reasons Shanny drafted him? Making no excuses for him nor am I trying to start a bandwagon. Moss has seemingly stepped it up a notch and now an opportunity has risen with Doom's injury. Something about grabbing the bull by the horns!

Let's also remember it takes DL much longer to come into their own. Mario Williams anybody? It takes even more when rebuilding and nobody was on the D.

There is always hope. Now let's hope the Moss hype is real for the team's sake simply to absorb some of the loss of Dumervil.

BroncoNut
08-05-2010, 01:58 PM
I mean, you said your life would be a waste if the coffin lid closed w/o a Broncos SB, and we last won it in 1999 so...

Oh, I see. I guess I should have said another SB victory.

Lonestar
08-05-2010, 02:01 PM
Your right in that the NT itself is the most important position, but a pass rush is more important than the NT. Doesnt matter where it comes from, OLB, MLB, Jarvis Moss, whoever-wherever pass rush is king.

Jamal isnt nearly important to the defense as a whole than Elvis. Not even close. Because Elvis is a much better OLB than Jamal is a NT right now. The gap is pretty ******* big.

Just guessing you have not been a fan of the 3-4 for long?

As everyone knows that the premier spot on 3-4 is NT.

SOCALORADO.
08-05-2010, 02:01 PM

Well, NoCal i will say that as much as Doom was a huge threat as a pass rusher, he was/is horrid at stopping the run, so he does have some pretty big flaws. But yes, getting to the QB is very important, and he will be sorely missed.
I say tell Ayers its his job to lose now, if he can prove he was worth a 1st round pick, then he will get $$$$Paid$$$ too.

claymore
08-05-2010, 02:04 PM

I disagree. This defense will go as far as the NT will take us. We can live without a pass rush specialist.

claymore
08-05-2010, 02:07 PM
was Jamal Williams drafted this last draft?

He came over from SD. He is a 13 year vet. I doubt he makes it the whole year. He has taken a ton of damage thru his career. He used to be a beast.

SOCALORADO.
was Jamal Williams drafted this last draft?

Now that i think about it, sarcasm aside, i actually think Jamal was a supplemental drafted player. I might be wrong though.

NorCalBronco7
Just guessing you have not been a fan of the 3-4 for long?

As everyone knows that the premier spot on 3-4 is NT.

Read what I posted again and maybe you'll understand it this time...

Pass rush>NT

I love the 3-4. I dream about it every single night...

SOCALORADO.
08-05-2010, 02:10 PM
He came over from SD. He is a 13 year vet. I doubt he makes it the whole year. He has taken a ton of damage thru his career. He used to be a beast.

Jamals issues were not with his legs last year. He tore his triceps. Which is actually good news. He basically was able to give his entire lower body a long recovery.
If DEN gets 8-9 games outta Jamal, its a huge win for DEN. Hes a freakin dominant force against the run, and gets stronger as the game continues into the 4th.

BroncoNut
08-05-2010, 02:10 PM

Oh shit!!! delete the quote of the post will you Clay? You tooo please Socal

Jagsbch
08-05-2010, 02:11 PM
I'm not all that concerned about where this team is going unlike most of the doom and gloomers.

I see the light at the end of the tunnel and think it is jsut around the corner so to speak.

The O is YOUNG across the board and the D has lots of players just waiting to bust out.

And yes during the early days before that 77 Team there was little hope of winning after about game 3-4 when we all figured out the drafted players did not improve the team to the level to compete with SAN, OAK and KC.

the "wait till next year" slogans were prevalent early in the season and the most we could hope for is be spoiler.

If we are losers because of one player then we were not going far any way.

:beer:

Lonestar
08-05-2010, 02:11 PM

Pass rush>NT

well you got it wrong with out a NT nothing else works.

Last year was a PRIME example great pass rush they just run you to death.

topscribe
08-05-2010, 02:12 PM
Darius Watts was a TC superstar, too.

Watts' route running was just sick. He drew raves for that all the while he was
here. But there always was concern about his dropped passes. He worked so
hard on that - I remember a picture of him after practice, catching hard
passes from the machine. Night after night, he did that. To no avail. The
Broncos reluctantly had to jettison him, as you know.

But there are those here (not you) who seemingly want to hear the negative
news only. Wax positive, and they are on you like white on salt. They are like:

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Miscellaneous/PDHeadInSand.gif

It's just amazing . . .

-----

claymore
08-05-2010, 02:13 PM
Jamals issues were not with his legs last year. He tore his triceps. Which is actually good news. He basically was able to give his entire lower body a long recovery.
If DEN gets 8-9 games outta Jamal, its a huge win for DEN. Hes a freakin dominant force against the run, and gets stronger as the game continues into the 4th.

Id take 8-9 games in a heart beat.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
08-05-2010, 02:14 PM
Son of a....

First Knomo and now Doom. This sucks, nothing much else to say.

BroncoNut
08-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Was Jamal Williams picked up this year?

NorCalBronco7
08-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Well, NoCal i will say that as much as Doom was a huge threat as a pass rusher, he was/is horrid at stopping the run, so he does have some pretty big flaws. But yes, getting to the QB is very important, and he will be sorely missed.
I say tell Ayers its his job to lose now, if he can prove he was worth a 1st round pick, then he will get $$$$Paid$$$ too.

Everybody want to rain on Elvis parade because he cant stop the run. He cant. But for a WOLB, the most important aspect is getting to the Qb. Its much, much, much more important than stopping the run.

I hope Ayers is up for the challange.

I disagree. This defense will go as far as the NT will take us. We can live without a pass rush specialist.

You got it backwards. The defense will only go as far as the pass rush will take them. Its more important than stopping the run....

And we cant live without a pass rush specialist if hes our only threat to the Qb.

NorCalBronco7
08-05-2010, 02:16 PM

It want just our NT on the DL that couldnt stop the run....

Jagsbch
08-05-2010, 02:16 PM
Jaguars' job easier with Elvis not on stage

Given the Jaguars' struggles last season with pass protection -- allowing 44 sacks and David Garrard being the most hit quarterback in the league last season -- that should make things easier for tackles Eugene Monroe and Eben Britton to keep Garrard upright.

Losing Dumervil, who signed a five-year $58.3 million contract extension last month, is a huge blow for Denver. With over five weeks left until the teams square off, the Broncos better hope ex-Florida Gator Jarvis Moss or a committee of pass-rushers step up to fill the void.

jacksonville.com (http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/400617/gene-frenette/2010-08-05/jaguars-job-easier-elvis-not-stage)

NorCalBronco7
08-05-2010, 02:17 PM

It wasnt just the NT who couldnt stop the run. It was the most important, but the DEs blew as well.

next!:beer::elefant: j/k thats lame.

Jagsbch
08-05-2010, 02:18 PM
It's Robert Ayers Time
by Matthew Muzia • Aug 5, 2010 12:18 PM MDT

With the crushing news earlier today that Elvis Dumervil, stud defensive lineman for Denver, may miss the entire season with a torn pectoral muscle, all eyes now look to the remainder of the defensive line for a glimmer of hope.

Exhibit A: Robert Ayers

Ayers didn't have a poor rookie season in 2009, but he didn't exactly light up the stat sheet either. He hit his gaps, made mistakes, and generally played like a rookie. But with the recent injury news, that is no longer good enough. If the Denver Broncos hope to compete with a completely rebuilt defensive front, Ayers is going to have to play like the first round draft pick we all expect, as John Bena said here earlier this week.

With an entire season already teetering due to injuries, it's perfectly reasonable to have high expectations of talented players who have yet to show their full potential. Moreno is still on this list, but Ayers now leads the pack.

denver.sbnation.com (http://denver.sbnation.com/2010/8/5/1607185/its-robert-ayers-time)

claymore
08-05-2010, 02:18 PM
Everybody want to rain on Elvis parade because he cant stop the run. He cant. But for a WOLB, the most important aspect is getting to the Qb. Its much, much, much more important than stopping the run.

I hope Ayers is up for the challange.

You got it backwards. The defense will only go as far as the pass rush will take them. Its more important than stopping the run....

And we cant live without a pass rush specialist if hes our only threat to the Qb.Im not going to argue because its such a silly argument. I would trade Doom in a heart beat for a quality NT though. Im sure 99% of anyone else in the world would to.

BroncoNut
08-05-2010, 02:20 PM
It wasnt just the NT who couldnt stop the run. It was the most important, but the DEs blew as well.

next!:beer::elefant: j/k thats lame.

Am I to understand that you played on the Defense Last year? what is your name?

NorCalBronco7
Im not going to argue because its such a silly argument. I would trade Doom in a heart beat for a quality NT though. Im sure 99% of anyone else in the world would to.

Youd trade the NFL leader in sacks last year. Your ******* nuts!

BigDaddyBronco
Oh shit!!! delete the quote of the post will you Clay? You tooo please Socal

Don't worry Nut, everyone already knows.

topscribe
08-05-2010, 02:21 PM
Am I to understand that you played on the Defense Last year? what is your name?

*Ummm . . . Nature Boy?*

-----

BroncoNut
08-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Don't worry Nut, everyone already knows.

I'm doing just fine, thank you.

Sconnie Bronco
08-05-2010, 02:26 PM

Pass rush>NT

The NT and the rush linebacker are the two most important positions. But if you dont stop the run, theyll exploit that all day. It also matters how capable your opponent is at running. The league has become so pass happy though. But I look at a team like the Vikings of last year. Even with Favre having a great year, the opponents were still always more pre-occupied with stopping Peterson. That could be because the rules make it harder to defend the pass and, therefore, easier to defend the run or it could simply mean that not stopping the run is a bigger problem than not stopping the pass. Maybe not so much with Minnesota but, typically, you have a better chance at getting a turnover if you try to stop the run and take your chances with the pass.

BTW, youll probably encounter some people who will quote Joe Collier saying the NT is the most important position in the 3-4, but as the league evolves and becomes more pass happy, you have to step back and revisit some of these statements to see if theyre still true with new rules and such. Thats why I refer to Minnesota. They were probably the best team in the league last year actually and they might have been the only team in the league that bad both a strong running game as well as a strong passing game. And again, given the choice, when playing the Vikings opposing DCs invariably tried to stop their run first, which gives validity to the idea that the NT is still more important, however slightly.

claymore
08-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Youd trade the NFL leader in sacks last year. Your ******* nuts!

For a quality NT? In a freaking heart beat!!!!!!

BigDaddyBronco
08-05-2010, 02:30 PM
For a quality NT? In a freaking heart beat!!!!!!

It's a matter of scarcity. The top NT's like a Vince Wilfork or a Jamaal Williams in his prime are very hard to find or draft. Great rushing OLB's are easier to find. We could name 5 right now that are on par with Doom.

Hell, some teams like the Steelers or Ravens seem to cut their top OLB's and replace them with rookies or backups every year and hardly miss a beat.

BroncoNut
08-05-2010, 02:30 PM
why don't you guys just agree to disagree

claymore
08-05-2010, 02:32 PM
It's a matter of scarcity. The top NT's like a Vince Wilfork or a Jamaal Williams in his prime are very hard to find or draft. Great rushing OLB's are easier to find. We could name 5 right now that are on par with Doom.

Hell, some teams like the Steelers or Ravens seem to cut their top OLB's and replace them with rookies or backups every year and hardly miss a beat.

A stud NT makes everyone else around him look good.

camdisco24
08-05-2010, 02:32 PM
:shocked: A little late to the party but......

$@#!*&^%$^@$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

We're cursed...

BroncoNut
08-05-2010, 02:33 PM

good point. it seems like Denver is i a "rebuilding" pahse every year while the Ravens and Steelers remain contenders

Jagsbch
08-05-2010, 02:33 PM
Aaron Schobel had 10 sacks in 2009 I wonder how long it will be before we try and snag him before the Patriots do. Word is they are talking to his agent ever since he was released yesterday.

The market for a 3-4 outside linebacker just got a little more crowded for the Patriots

In fact, Denver is in a similar situation as the Patriots, who are still waiting for linebacker Derrick Burgess to decide whether he wants to retire. Director of player personnel Nick Caserio had no update on it this morning.

So, if you assume both teams want to improve, and you consider they are running mildly similar schemes, it’s not a stretch to say they’ll be competing. Will it be Aaron Schobel? Not sure. But it will likely be somebody

bostonherald.com (http://news.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/?p=8037&srvc=home&position=recent)

BroncoWave
08-05-2010, 02:39 PM
Aaron Schobel had 10 sacks in 2009 I wonder how long it will be before we try and snag him before the Patriots do. Word is they are talking to his agent ever since he was released yesterday.

He doesn't want to play in the 3-4.

topscribe
08-05-2010, 02:39 PM
why don't you guys just agree to disagree

Wish you'd said something sooner.

Got in a big argument with myself. Slapped myself in the face three times . . .

-----

Jagsbch
08-05-2010, 02:43 PM
He doesn't want to play in the 3-4.

I am thinking that he just does not want to play for the Bills, who are staring yet another losing season in the face.

Tempus Fugit
08-05-2010, 02:43 PM
good point. it seems like Denver is i a "rebuilding" pahse every year while the Ravens and Steelers remain contenders

The Steelers have had 3 losing seasons since 1997 (1998-2009), along with an 8-8 year and 2 years of 9-7. It was a 6-10 season which netted them Roethlisberger, for example. So, in the last 12 years, the Steelers are 6 seasons above 9-7, and 6 years at 9-7 or below. That's only one season better than the Broncos (5 above, 7 at or below), during that stretch, and the Broncos only have 2 losing seasons in that span.

The Ravens also have 5 seasons better than 9-7, and 4 losing seasons during that same stretch.

The consistently good teams of recent times have been the Patriots and Colts. That's pretty much it.

NorCalBronco7
08-05-2010, 02:44 PM
The NT and the rush linebacker are the two most important positions. But if you dont stop the run, theyll exploit that all day. It also matters how capable your opponent is at running. The league has become so pass happy though. But I look at a team like the Vikings of last year. Even with Favre having a great year, the opponents were still always more pre-occupied with stopping Peterson. That could be because the rules make it harder to defend the pass and, therefore, easier to defend the run or it could simply mean that not stopping the run is a bigger problem than not stopping the pass. Maybe not so much with Minnesota but, typically, you have a better chance at getting a turnover if you try to stop the run and take your chances with the pass.

BTW, youll probably encounter some people who will quote Joe Collier saying the NT is the most important position in the 3-4, but as the league evolves and becomes more pass happy, you have to step back and revisit some of these statements to see if theyre still true with new rules and such. Thats why I refer to Minnesota. They were probably the best team in the league last year actually and they might have been the only team in the league that bad both a strong running game as well as a strong passing game. And again, given the choice, when playing the Vikings opposing DCs invariably tried to stop their run first, which gives validity to the idea that the NT is still more important, however slightly.

DC tried to stop the Vikings run game first because AP is the best player on their team.

NT is very important. Ive always said that. But in modern NFL, the pass rush is the most important aspect for a superbowl winning organization. Look at the Saints and Colts. Two of the best pass rushing teams last year.

BroncoWave
08-05-2010, 02:45 PM
I am thinking that he just does not want to play for the Bills, who are staring yet another losing season in the face.

He's played in the 4-3 his whole career, he's not a 3-4 OLB.

sneakers
08-05-2010, 02:45 PM
Oh poop!

slim
08-05-2010, 02:47 PM
Meh, he sucks anyway.

:jrwiz:

dogfish
08-05-2010, 02:49 PM

ya know, i actually agree with a lot of your football takes, but calling one of our dudes a "faggot" is hardly a quality contribution. . . actually, it's ****ing lame IMO-- come with something better than that. . . .

Sconnie Bronco
08-05-2010, 02:50 PM
DC tried to stop the Vikings run game first because AP is the best player on their team.

NT is very important. Ive always said that. But in modern NFL, the pass rush is the most important aspect for a superbowl winning organization. Look at the Saints and Colts. Two of the best pass rushing teams last year.

I agree that Peterson was their best player but Favre was so productive that it wasnt by a huge margin. Im not sure but off the top of my head, the Vikings are the only team I would say that had both a top 5 running and passing game. Theyre the best team to provide a suitable litmus test for where the league currently is in terms of whether its more important to stop the run or the pass.

dogfish
Just wait for it. Then we will migrate somewhere else.........again.

no. . . this is my online home, i don't want to go anywhere else. . .

NorCalBronco7

True, but Elvis is the most talented pass rusher besides Ware IMO.

If he was healthy this year, playing with Williams, 20+ sacks would have be very possible. I think he is still very, very underrated as a pass rusher. Even by Broncos fans.

slim
08-05-2010, 02:51 PM
ya know, i actually agree with a lot of your football takes, but calling one of our dudes a "faggot" is hardly a quality contribution. . . actually, it's ****ing lame IMO-- come with something better than that. . . .

Brady Quinn agrees.

NorCalBronco7
08-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Wish you'd said something sooner.

Got in a big argument with myself. Slapped myself in the face three times . . .

-----

Thats what happens when I tell you how it is...:beer:

SOCALORADO.
08-05-2010, 02:56 PM
no. . . this is my online home, i don't want to go anywhere else. . .

I know man. I know.
OK you talked me into it. We'll take a stand.
We'll all man a post and make a final stand dammit!
Whose with me!?!??!

topscribe
08-05-2010, 03:03 PM
I know man. I know.
OK you talked me into it. We'll take a stand.
We'll all man a post and make a final stand dammit!
Whose with me!?!??!

Depends. Did you bring the beer?

-----