PDA

View Full Version : 10/20/08-Broncos vs Patriots

WARHORSE
06-29-2008, 12:54 PM
Thanks to the beautiful system of scheduling we have employed in the NFL, the New Englan Patriots have the easiest schedule in the league according to the pundits.

On October 20, 2008 the 19-1 chokers will host the 7-9 Denver Broncos of the AFC West.

The Broncos have a history of owning the well decorated Clam Chowder Chaloopas. Last time they met was Sept 24 2006, in which Denver handed the Patsies a 17-7 loss. Prior to that, January 14, 2006 during the previous season, the Broncos schooled the CCCs in the playoffs 27-13. And in the same season, Oct. 16, 2005, Denver beat the Boston Bradys Bowl Bunglers in Denver 28-20.

The last time NE beat Denver was a 30-26 heart stopper that came on the heels of some fine last minute coaching by Belicheat.......who was probably stealing our signals at the time..............11-3-2003. And edited in thanks to Nevcraw, a reminder that in that game, Danny K.......also known as WHO???, was the QB of that game.

Prior to that, it was more beatings and ownings at the hands of the Broncos.

Needless to say, few will be giving Denver much of a chance come October in New England.

Except me.

BRONCOS BY A HAIR...............38-12.:coffee:

:salute::salute::salute:

:D

PATRIOTS SUCK!!!

nevcraw
06-29-2008, 05:40 PM
Wasn't Danny K playing QB that game? If so it derves an *.

Canmore
06-29-2008, 11:08 PM

That's what I remember and I think Deltha Oneal got burned for the winning score.

BroncoBJ
06-29-2008, 11:15 PM
That's what I remember and I think Deltha Oneal got burned for the winning score.

Yea to Givens. Plus he even messed up a Punt return I think late.
I just remember I was a soph and had to go to school and listen to people rag on me and I was pissed. :fight:

Magnificent Seven
06-30-2008, 01:29 AM
Jake Plummer was 3-0 against Tom Brady!

Salute to Jake Plummer!

Magnificent Seven
06-30-2008, 01:39 AM
I think Broncos' defense vs. Patriot's offense would be tough and big match. However, Broncos' offense would blow them away.

WARHORSE
06-30-2008, 02:28 AM
Im pretty sure Tom Brady and Belicheat have this game circled on their calendars. Anxiety accompanies the thought of facing Shanny agin.

Let em weep, and lose sleep.

We OWN the Patriots...........got em right here in our back pockets case we need a quick win.

Sorry Pats...............you suck.

BroncoBJ
06-30-2008, 04:26 AM
Anyways... about this thread..... Why are we focussed on this right now? :lol:
I just want Training camp to get here first.

But I am excited about this game as well.
Damn.. these threads are getting me all sorts of excited. :elefant:

BroncoWave
06-30-2008, 08:16 AM
History is nice but this is now. We would be very lucky to beat this pats team and it would be an upset. I think we could win the game but it's not one I'd put money on.

BroncoWave
06-30-2008, 08:16 AM
Didn't the patriots give up an intentional safety in that game? Hiked the ball out of the endzone.

Yep, they did indeed.

Lonestar
06-30-2008, 09:50 AM
History is nice but this is now. We would be very lucky to beat this pats team and it would be an upset. I think we could win the game but it's not one I'd put money on.

There is hate which we have seen in this thread, also jealousy that has been disguised hate..

Frankly whether they cheat or not, it is a franchise that I admire..

They do what is necessary to win..

They have a weak division they play in but some of that is because they dominate in it and thus they have one of the easiest schedules.. when the other three teams are beat in both games last year that is 6 wins and well as six loses for those same teams..

If only we could dominate our division like they have done..

They have arguably the best QB, WR in the league as we speak, one of the best front offices and owners in the game. IMO one of the great HCs and they dominate because they have put together one of the best teams over the past 8-10 years.. Anyone that can;t see that really needs to take a step back and notice how many times they have been in the playoffs over those years.. and having a great Win loss record during that time frame should have been drafting in even worse positions then we have yet..

here is the place they drafted on day one DEN in RED
2008 10 62 12 42
2007 24 17 56 70
2006 21 36 86 11 61
2005 32 84 100 56 76 97
2004 21 32 63 95 17 41 54 85
2003 13 36 45 20 51
2002 21 65 19 51 96
2001 6 48 86 24 51 87
2000 46 76 15 40 45 70
1999 17 28 46 91 31 58 61 67 93
1998 18 22 52 54 81 93 30 61 91
1997 29 59 61 89 28 67
1996 7 36 86 15 44 65 78

Most of which made the team and stayed with it past their first contract..

They have a great GM and FO.

IMO we have not had that part of the puzzle..

Imagine their FO office with mikey as a Head Coach. That is a scary thought..

BroncoWave
06-30-2008, 10:27 AM
There is hate which we have seen in this thread, also jealousy that has been disguised hate..

They have a weak division they play in but some of that is because they dominate in it and thus they have one of the easiest schedules.. when the other three teams are beat in both games last year that is 6 wins and well as six loses for those same teams..

They have arguably the best QB, WR in the league as we speak, one of the best front offices and owners in the game. IMO one of the great HCs and they dominate because they have put together one of the best teams over the past 8-10 years.. Anyone that can;t see that really needs to take a step back and notice how many times they have been in the playoffs over those years.. and having a great Win loss record during that time frame should have been drafting in even worse positions then we have yet..

2008 10 62 12 42
2007 24 17 56 70
2006 21 36 86 11 61
2005 32 84 100 56 76 97
2003 13 36 45 20 51
2002 21 65 19 51 96
2001 6 48 86 24 51 87
2000 46 76 15 40 45 70
1997 29 59 61 89 28 67
1996 7 36 86 15 44 65 78

100% agree. I laughed so hard at all the hate and jealousy spewed out at the Patriots last season. Most of the Broncos fans got up on their high horses and scorned the Patriots for something that anyone who's not naive knows is probably much more widespread in the league. I've never liked the Pats but the jealousy that came out of Broncos fans last season was absurd and embarrassing. I would never want the Broncos to cheat, but the devilish side of me almost wants something like spygate to happen to us one day just so see how much of a 180 turn some of our fans make on the issue.

NameUsedBefore
06-30-2008, 10:47 AM
I love these games mainly cause, like any other game the Patriots play (with the exception of being against the Colts), the media props up the Patriots with ungodly amounts of attention and then after we beat them the media's hands are found in the air, their faces expressing, but not saying, "How could this happen?" And then they go on to analyze our victory making sure to not make mention of their prior masturbation of the Patriots but definitely making sure to ask the question, "How did the Patriots lose?" Instead of "How did the Broncos win?"

:coffee:

Requiem / The Dagda
06-30-2008, 11:08 AM
The Patriots are going to murder us. Let it be quick and swift.

oubronco
06-30-2008, 11:12 AM

Deltha Who ?

WARHORSE
06-30-2008, 11:13 AM
100% agree. I laughed so hard at all the hate and jealousy spewed out at the Patriots last season. Most of the Broncos fans got up on their high horses and scorned the Patriots for something that anyone who's not naive knows is probably much more widespread in the league. I've never liked the Pats but the jealousy that came out of Broncos fans last season was absurd and embarrassing. I would never want the Broncos to cheat, but the devilish side of me almost wants something like spygate to happen to us one day just so see how much of a 180 turn some of our fans make on the issue.

I dont think anyone in the league doesnt understand what type of franchise they have there in New England.

But that dont mean we gotta like em.:tsk:

Although every football fan would say, awesome.......unreal........very well run........about the Pats, due solely on the heels of their owner in my opinion first and foremost............its much more fun to say:

THE PATRIOTS SUCK!!!!!!!

And so I do................:coffee:

WARHORSE
06-30-2008, 11:16 AM

2008 10 62 12 42
2007 24 17 56 70
2006 21 36 86 11 61
2005 32 84 100 56 76 97
2003 13 36 45 20 51
2002 21 65 19 51 96
2001 6 48 86 24 51 87
2000 46 76 15 40 45 70
1997 29 59 61 89 28 67
1996 7 36 86 15 44 65 78

Thank the Lord we got you Jr to help us out on that one..............lol.;)

Dont worry, our turn is coming. Bowlen is in the same class as Kraft........

Medford Bronco
06-30-2008, 11:26 AM
Yea to Givens. Plus he even messed up a Punt return I think late.
I just remember I was a soph and had to go to school and listen to people rag on me and I was pissed. :fight:

that would be Troy Brown Jay :salute:

lex
06-30-2008, 11:28 AM
Didn't the patriots give up an intentional safety in that game? Hiked the ball out of the endzone.

Yeah, thats what the national media thinks of when recalling this game. They spin this play as an example of Belichicks brilliance but its funny how they totally gloss over the fact that Denver had no business being in that game considering they were ravaged by injuries. And it wasnt just the QB who was injured as I recall. I think we had 2 or 3 other key injuries.

BroncoWave
06-30-2008, 11:50 AM
I dont think anyone in the league doesnt understand what type of franchise they have there in New England.

But that dont mean we gotta like em.:tsk:

Although every football fan would say, awesome.......unreal........very well run........about the Pats, due solely on the heels of their owner in my opinion first and foremost............its much more fun to say:

THE PATRIOTS SUCK!!!!!!!

And so I do................:coffee:

Show me where I said you have to like them. :rolleyes:

I said myself I don't like them, I just think it's stupid the criticism they got last season.

WARHORSE
06-30-2008, 02:24 PM
Show me where I said you have to like them. :rolleyes:

I said myself I don't like them, I just think it's stupid the criticism they got last season.

OOOHHHH..................

ok.

:throwrock:

I'll go back to what I was doin.........

:marchmellow:

Lonestar
06-30-2008, 03:20 PM
Thank the Lord we got you Jr to help us out on that one..............lol.;)

Dont worry, our turn is coming. Bowlen is in the same class as Kraft........

I agree that Pat is one of the best.. BUT IMO he has let his love of mikey cloud his vision about running the team properly..

Ted as GM true or false.

Firing of numerous DC's.

Hiring Bates.

hiring and firing coyer.

Won't get into all of the screw ups in FA's, trades and the draft..

The talent level on this team sunk to all time lows after 2005 season.. IMO

Those are the Operations side issues that IMO we have stunk at..

As head coach he has done a damned fine job..

Pat has trusted him to much IMO as the VP to get things done..

Now It seems that he has either seen the light that not all in Broncoville it rosy.. HE has exerted himself into the mix with this years edict that we will build via the draft and not FA..

Perhaps you are correct and we have indeed turned the corner..

WARHORSE
06-30-2008, 03:32 PM
I agree that Pat is one of the best.. BUT IMO he has let his love of mikey cloud his vision about running the team properly..

Ted as GM true or false.

Firing of numerous DC's.

Hiring Bates.

hiring and firing coyer.

Won't get into all of the screw ups in FA's, trades and the draft..

The talent level on this team sunk to all time lows after 2005 season.. IMO

Those are the Operations side issues that IMO we have stunk at..

As head coach he has done a damned fine job..

Pat has trusted him to much IMO as the VP to get things done..

Now It seems that he has either seen the light that not all in Broncoville it rosy.. HE has exerted himself into the mix with this years edict that we will build via the draft and not FA..

Perhaps you are correct and we have indeed turned the corner..

I dont think he exerted himself this year. That is, not anymore than any other year.

He made it plain in one of his last interviews that he is always exerting himself. He has a job to do, and his office is ten steps from Mikes. No one else can do his job, and if he doesnt do his job well, things go downhill. Bowlen does his job with seriousness at the forefront.

The Pats last couple of years drafting havent been all that stellar. This isnt a knock on them, nor a lift to Denver. Its simply stating what is true.

There are no guarantees in the draft talent pool. You can possibly limit your mistakes to a certain extent, but what is available, is available, and what is not.......is not.

To be honest, other than spending tons of money, no one can really knock what Denver has done in the offseasons. They move to win, and sometimes that means taking chances. Bowlen knew as much as Mike about Gardner........Carter...........Warren............ ....Brown.......etc, etc.........before he signed the checks.

He took the chances just like Mike. He took the chance cause he wants to win THIS year.

Not next.

topscribe
06-30-2008, 03:42 PM
The Patriots are going to murder us. Let it be quick and swift.

Oh, I don't think so, Dream. It will be awfully tough winning in New England,
I'll grant that. However, that is one game the Broncos have always seemed
to find their pass rush, no matter how anemic it was in other games. And the
pansies have demonstrated that they tend to falter before a monster pass
rush.

The Broncos are going to need it because they do not have the offense the
pansies do. I believe the respective passing games are a wash: Cutler
neutralizes Brady, Marshall neutralizes Moss, Stokley neutralizes Welker,
and the Broncos' TEs neutralize NE's. However, Denver does not have a
Maroney, unless Selvin carries through on his threat, which I hope, but I'll
have to see. Also, Denver's OL has to be solid . . . they don't have to be
as good as NE's but they do have to keep from embarrassing themselves.

The difference is that the Broncos potentially have a better DL than NE.
But "potentially" is a nebulous word. It's a "we'll have to see" word. If
Denver's DL can do what they have done in the past to NE, they have a
chance.

If not, well . . . wait 'till next week . . .

-----

BroncoBJ
06-30-2008, 05:33 PM
that would be Troy Brown Jay :salute:

:lol: It wasn't Troy Brown. I don't remember him catching a TD against us. If it was it sure wasn't the GW TD. :fight:

I'm pretty sure it was David Givens. :salute:

Den21vsBal19
06-30-2008, 05:41 PM
IIRC, wasn't Danny a doubt for the game, a bout of flu or some such?

Lonestar
06-30-2008, 06:00 PM
I dont think he exerted himself this year. That is, not anymore than any other year.

He made it plain in one of his last interviews that he is always exerting himself. He has a job to do, and his office is ten steps from Mikes. No one else can do his job, and if he doesnt do his job well, things go downhill. Bowlen does his job with seriousness at the forefront.

The Pats last couple of years drafting havent been all that stellar. This isnt a knock on them, nor a lift to Denver. Its simply stating what is true.

There are no guarantees in the draft talent pool. You can possibly limit your mistakes to a certain extent, but what is available, is available, and what is not.......is not.

To be honest, other than spending tons of money, no one can really knock what Denver has done in the offseasons. They move to win, and sometimes that means taking chances. Bowlen knew as much as Mike about Gardner........Carter...........Warren............ ....Brown.......etc, etc.........before he signed the checks.

He took the chances just like Mike. He took the chance cause he wants to win THIS year.

Not next.

we will have to agree to disagree cause I believe that Pat has been in awe of mikey from day one..

Sure he signs the checks no doubt about it but if mikey said it was something necessary then it got done..

I believe that even Pat has determined that some of the new car smell in mikeys office is no longer there and have had other owners whisper in his ear, what is happening in DEN?..

Pat knows just like all of us do that something was wrong for along time in the draft.. Mikey has been able to pawn it off on someone up till now.. No one left to blame in on anymore.. Ted's gone, Gary's gone, Gibbs gone, bates gone, coyer gone..

Only one left on the dance floor when the music stops will be mikey this time..

That means all of the draft choices from the past couple of years have to produce and we have better than a 8-8 record or we get a brand new GM to make the personnel choices for DEN..

WARHORSE
06-30-2008, 11:04 PM
we will have to agree to disagree cause I believe that Pat has been in awe of mikey from day one..

Sure he signs the checks no doubt about it but if mikey said it was something necessary then it got done..

I believe that even Pat has determined that some of the new car smell in mikeys office is no longer there and have had other owners whisper in his ear, what is happening in DEN?..

Pat knows just like all of us do that something was wrong for along time in the draft.. Mikey has been able to pawn it off on someone up till now.. No one left to blame in on anymore.. Ted's gone, Gary's gone, Gibbs gone, bates gone, coyer gone..

Only one left on the dance floor when the music stops will be mikey this time..

That means all of the draft choices from the past couple of years have to produce and we have better than a 8-8 record or we get a brand new GM to make the personnel choices for DEN..

Yeah, I guess so. Not that Im sayin Mike hasnt made 'mistakes' from a personel point of view. But 'mistakes', according to whom? A guy like Dale Carter is only a mistake when he ends up doing what he did. Rather than sign Carter back then, what was the alternative? Draft for position? Its a no win situation when these guys choose to be turds.

Look at T.O. for example.

Was Reid a dork for signing T.O. in Philly? It turned out to be a wrecking ball of a signing, and single handedly turned the Philly franchise into a circus.

But are you gonna tell me that Jerry Jones is a deft mover of players and personel moves because T.O. has been nothing but sweet, and killer in Dallas?

He signed T.O. to his team because he was the best WR available, and he needed a WR to make his team what it needs to be.....a contender. Now was that due to his intelligence in making personel moves? He signed T.O. cause that was what was available. He crossed his fingers and said his prayers, then signed the check for him. Same thing for Pacman, right? Was that a good signing or not? If he wins the superbowl? If Pacman self destructs in two years?

Same thing in New England when they picked up Rodney Harrison, but he paid off. Who knows when some of these guys are going to mature?

Elway retires, and we have Brian Griese to play with. It looks great under Shannys brilliant coaching in the beginning. But whos choice was it to sign the check for a gazillion for Griese? Last time I checked, Bowlens name was down there. Was it on word from Shanny? Yeah. But who wouldnt have tried to lock him up after his first couple seasons performances? So Griese doesnt pan out, and we need a QB. WHO can we bring under center?
Do we sell all of our future draft picks, and try and draft one of the QBs in the 2003 draft? We could have done what, in order to get the number one pick away from the Bengals? Since that was out of the question, should we have moved up to get Leftwich? Boller? Ragone?

Fact is, Plummer was the best bet, and Denver brought him in. Some around here look at that as a huge mistake. But what would you have done in Mikes shoes? Drafted Leftwich and given him three years to tell you he cant get it done?

WHO is available has a huge effect on your decision making when it comes to roster moves during the offseason, and if youre a team who wants to win THIS year, youre going to do what you can to give yourself the best shot. That includes bringing in all the Browncos.

We move to win now. And I love the Broncos for that. Cause they do that for me.

lex
06-30-2008, 11:13 PM
I dont dread this game at all. It will be a good test. Even if we get smoked, we'll still be 5-2 vs New England during the Bradichick era. But more importantly, Id rather see Jay compete against New England in New England in some regular season game rather than do it for the first time in the playoffs. Hopefully he's healthy when the time comes.

topscribe
06-30-2008, 11:45 PM
Yeah, I guess so. Not that Im sayin Mike hasnt made 'mistakes' from a personel point of view. But 'mistakes', according to whom? A guy like Dale Carter is only a mistake when he ends up doing what he did. Rather than sign Carter back then, what was the alternative? Draft for position? Its a no win situation when these guys choose to be turds.

Was Reid a dork for signing T.O. in Philly? It turned out to be a wrecking ball of a signing, and single handedly turned the Philly franchise into a circus.

But are you gonna tell me that Jerry Jones is a deft mover of players and personel moves because T.O. has been nothing but sweet, and killer in Dallas?

He signed T.O. to his team because he was the best WR available, and he needed a WR to make his team what it needs to be.....a contender. Now was that due to his intelligence in making personel moves? He signed T.O. cause that was what was available. He crossed his fingers and said his prayers, then signed the check for him. Same thing for Pacman, right? Was that a good signing or not? If he wins the superbowl? If Pacman self destructs in two years?

Same thing in New England when they picked up Rodney Harrison, but he paid off. Who knows when some of these guys are going to mature?

Elway retires, and we have Brian Griese to play with. It looks great under Shannys brilliant coaching in the beginning. But whos choice was it to sign the check for a gazillion for Griese? Last time I checked, Bowlens name was down there. Was it on word from Shanny? Yeah. But who wouldnt have tried to lock him up after his first couple seasons performances? So Griese doesnt pan out, and we need a QB. WHO can we bring under center?
Do we sell all of our future draft picks, and try and draft one of the QBs in the 2003 draft? We could have done what, in order to get the number one pick away from the Bengals? Since that was out of the question, should we have moved up to get Leftwich? Boller? Ragone?

Fact is, Plummer was the best bet, and Denver brought him in. Some around here look at that as a huge mistake. But what would you have done in Mikes shoes? Drafted Leftwich and given him three years to tell you he cant get it done?

WHO is available has a huge effect on your decision making when it comes to roster moves during the offseason, and if youre a team who wants to win THIS year, youre going to do what you can to give yourself the best shot. That includes bringing in all the Browncos.

I agree with just about everything, except the part about Griese. I am
still confused as to why Griese is considered bad judgment on Shanny's
part, or now even Bowlen's.

Griese played lights out through 2000, when he had a Pro Bowl year and
had the highest QB rating in the league. So he went into a tailspin the
following years. How does that reflect on Shanny's judgment on draft day,
when he made Griese his third round choice? How does a players demise,
four years following his draft, make him a bad selection back on the day of
that draft if he has since had the highest QB rating in the league?

I would really like to know that. :confused:

-----

Lonestar
07-01-2008, 02:11 AM

But the move to win now has put mikey into gambling mode.. taking risks with the choices..

We never get anything from bring in talent from a division rival Neil smith maybe, but beyond that I can not remember having seen anything I liked..

we have brought in a bunch of turds mostly with character issues and none of them have turned out well..

It is nice if we are lacking in one spot to fill that with a Robertson..

But this franchise has killed itself with beyond lousy drafts and frankly outside of later rounders for the OLINE, a couple of day one LBs, poorti$$$$ and price this team has utterly failed on draft day..

I saw one report not to long ago rating our draft from 2000 to 2004 one of the poorest if not the worst in the league.. You just do not win consistently with out a good cheap infusion of rookie talent every year sooner or later it catches up with you.. It did last in 2006 when Lepsis went down, and has went tits up since.. having to rely on rookies to start on a great team is almost never done.. Most rookies unless it is a total rebuild like MIA, CIN, CLE, CHI, DET and a few other teams have down shows that the club is in trouble.. top to bottom replacements from GM to water boy the jobs are up fro grabs..

Pat Bowlen has been a superb owner from day one.. an astute business man not doubt but he is not a professional PRO football man.. there have not been any since Paul Brown.. they rely on the GM or HC to evaluate talent and then OK it and 99% of the time they believe what their HC or GM says..

there are only a few owners like jerry , al and the clown in WAS whose name escapes me for the moment.. that meddle in player acquisitions.. The others are to smart or to stupid to get involved..

End of rant going to bed maybe this will make sense after I hit send..

Lonestar
07-01-2008, 02:23 AM

-----

Greasy was a pro bowl selection based on a shortened season, he was shoulder separated in the OAK game that year and I'd bet dollars to donuts that his picked balls would have risen had he played all year.. but then we will never know..

Jest one more player that did not play a full college slate just his last year if memory serves correct.. had he played longer we no doubt would have figured out his teammates did not like the guy.. Much the same as with delta CB for just over a full season in college with very little experience a great athlete that did not have the CB mentality of being able to forget the last play alot like greasy did.. to supreme head cases that mikey gambled on.. And lets not even talk about a one handed WR..

Please never say mikey does not have warts.. great offesive minded coach :2thumbs:,,,,,,,,,, poor talent guy..:2thumbsdown: IMO

WARHORSE
07-01-2008, 01:58 PM

-----

Actually, I agree. Im just looking at it from the point of view that Griese was given a large contract (not that large), whereas he ended up not playing for us. But he has been a veteran in the league and has skills, a good backup player who is a fit for a quick, short passing game.

Looking back, who wouldnt have made that decision? If they didnt wrap up Griese to a new contract, he would have hit the market, or been franchised.

Bubby Brister?

lol...........didnt even know the playbook.

WARHORSE
07-01-2008, 02:07 PM
But the move to win now has put mikey into gambling mode.. taking risks with the choices..

We never get anything from bring in talent from a division rival Neil smith maybe, but beyond that I can not remember having seen anything I liked..

we have brought in a bunch of turds mostly with character issues and none of them have turned out well..

It is nice if we are lacking in one spot to fill that with a Robertson..

But this franchise has killed itself with beyond lousy drafts and frankly outside of later rounders for the OLINE, a couple of day one LBs, poorti$$$$ and price this team has utterly failed on draft day..

I saw one report not to long ago rating our draft from 2000 to 2004 one of the poorest if not the worst in the league.. You just do not win consistently with out a good cheap infusion of rookie talent every year sooner or later it catches up with you.. It did last in 2006 when Lepsis went down, and has went tits up since.. having to rely on rookies to start on a great team is almost never done.. Most rookies unless it is a total rebuild like MIA, CIN, CLE, CHI, DET and a few other teams have down shows that the club is in trouble.. top to bottom replacements from GM to water boy the jobs are up fro grabs..

Pat Bowlen has been a superb owner from day one.. an astute business man not doubt but he is not a professional PRO football man.. there have not been any since Paul Brown.. they rely on the GM or HC to evaluate talent and then OK it and 99% of the time they believe what their HC or GM says..

there are only a few owners like jerry , al and the clown in WAS whose name escapes me for the moment.. that meddle in player acquisitions.. The others are to smart or to stupid to get involved..

End of rant going to bed maybe this will make sense after I hit send..

Cerrato? lol........clown is a good word.

Romanowski? He was a good FA pickup who had question marks coming in. I loved that dude when he played for us.

Gambler.....yeah, I see it. But thats the chance you take right?

It seems to me that Bowlen is still writing checks for 'could bes'.(Robertson)

That being said, we still need good drafts as you stated. I honestly think that each team has had its share of 'bomb' drafts, the best GMs included. I think that makes a case for the fragility.....lol..........of the draft itself.

If the draft has subpar talent, I dont think youre going to hit on many players no matter what youve done as a GM in the past.......

Everyone cant be a winner on draft day, and if you have Joe, Susan, Marty, Clem, Maurice, Nancy, Vern, Bubba and Nick as players you target in each round, and all of them are gone..............you have to pick someone else.

That means all your talent at GM is also being determined by a number of other factors.

topscribe
07-01-2008, 02:19 PM
Greasy was a pro bowl selection based on a shortened season, he was shoulder separated in the OAK game that year and I'd bet dollars to donuts that his picked balls would have risen had he played all year.. but then we will never know..

Jest one more player that did not play a full college slate just his last year if memory serves correct.. had he played longer we no doubt would have figured out his teammates did not like the guy.. Much the same as with delta CB for just over a full season in college with very little experience a great athlete that did not have the CB mentality of being able to forget the last play alot like greasy did.. to supreme head cases that mikey gambled on.. And lets not even talk about a one handed WR..

Please never say mikey does not have warts.. great offesive minded coach :2thumbs:,,,,,,,,,, poor talent guy..:2thumbsdown: IMO

It doesn't make any difference whether or not it was a ''shortened season."
Griese improved every year, even into his fourth year. My point is that
Griese was more than four (4) years into his career before he began to
take a dump. As I mentioned, in his third year he had Brady-like numbers,
including 19 TDs and 4 INTs.

That is NOT a case of bad judgment at draft time. That is, in fact, a case
of excellent judgment at draft time. To draft a QB in the third round, who
achieves the highest QB rating in the league in his third year, is an
outstanding selection. A third-rounder is not supposed to do that.

Shanny has his draft-time gaffs to which one can refer, but Griese is not
one of them.

-----