PDA

View Full Version : Rage Against the Machine in Denver??

Buff
06-28-2008, 03:37 PM
This would be so BA:

The Pulse of Radio reports that RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE only has one U.S. date scheduled so far in 2008, at the Lollapalooza festival in Chicago's Grant Park on Saturday, August 2. But guitarist Tom Morello told The Pulse of Radio that the political rockers haven't ruled out giving a few more U.S. performances this year. "There is the possibility that we will be playing at the demonstrations surrounding the Presidential conventions," he said. "The Democrats are in Denver, the Republicans are in Minneapolis. But we're still looking into that."

The Democratic convention is scheduled for August 25 through August 28 in Denver, while the Republicans will descend on Minneapolis from September 1 to September 4.

underrated29
06-28-2008, 03:50 PM
93.3 said something about that the other day too.

That would be so sick. I have been out of the rage loop, is cornell still singing with them or is zack delaro back. I heard rumors a while ago that the label was going to let him put politics back in his songs like he used too, and then of course he would come back.

Got anything on that?

Buff
06-28-2008, 04:12 PM
93.3 said something about that the other day too.

That would be so sick. I have been out of the rage loop, is cornell still singing with them or is zack delaro back. I heard rumors a while ago that the label was going to let him put politics back in his songs like he used too, and then of course he would come back.

Got anything on that?

Well, Audioslave disbanded and Cornell is doing his solo thing now... Zack is back in... But I don't know anything about the record label and how much of a factor that played in. I'm sure with the state of major record labels nowadays, they'll let him say anything he wants, so long as they sell albums.

underrated29
06-28-2008, 08:41 PM
Dam i hope so....

dogfish
06-30-2008, 04:37 AM
buff, you're totally ruining your image with this angry white guy shit-- you should be listening to stuff like string cheese incident and trey anastacio. . . .

Buff
08-14-2008, 11:48 AM
Rage Against the Machine has agreed to perform as part of the "Tent State Music Festival to End the War" on Wednesday, Aug. 27 at the Denver Coliseum during the Democratic National Convention. They will be joined by Denver's Flobots, along with The Coup, State Radio and Wayne Kramer.

Doors open at 9:30 a.m., show begins at 11 a.m.

Tickets are free and available by lottery. Sign up for the lottery, with a valid photo ID (person must be present) at Tent State University at Cuernavaca Park between 11 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. from Sunday, Aug. 24, through Tuesday, Aug. 26 (look for the Tent State Music Festival booth near the IVAW Tower).

Winners will be notified by email Tuesday evening, Aug. 26. Each lottery winner will get two tickets. Winners can claim their tickets at the Denver

Coliseum beginning 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 27.

The event is sponsored by the Iraq Veterans Against the War and Tent State University.

The Denver Coliseum is located at I-70 (Brighton Blvd. exit #275B) just east of the junction of I-25 with I-70.

Go to www.tentstate.org for more info.

Zweems56
08-14-2008, 11:53 AM
Go to www.tentstate.org for more info.

Tentstate at Rutgers was just a bunch of coke fueled junkies hitting bongo drums, and performing hippie ritual mating season dances with glowsticks.

dogfish
08-14-2008, 11:55 AM
Tentstate at Rutgers was just a bunch of coke fueled junkies hitting bongo drums, and performing hippie ritual mating season dances with glowsticks.

perfect, buff will love it!

:heh:

Zweems56
08-14-2008, 11:58 AM
perfect, buff will love it!

:heh:

Yeah, it was pretty weak there. I saw a couple people I knew in the HONORS PROGRAM at Rutgers with me, coked out of their minds.

p.s. Had dogfish once, would buy again. A++

Buff
08-14-2008, 12:04 PM

Yeah, well Rage Against the Machine wasn't at Rutgers. :rolleyes:

Anyone remember their show in LA at the convention? It was epic.

Zweems56
08-14-2008, 12:09 PM
Yeah, well Rage Against the Machine wasn't at Rutgers. :rolleyes:

Anyone remember their show in LA at the convention? It was epic.

Merely commenting on tentstate, which Rage is playing for. I happen to like rage. Take it however you want.

Buff
08-14-2008, 12:23 PM
Merely commenting on tentstate, which Rage is playing for. I happen to like rage. Take it however you want.

Sorry, didn't mean to sound uppity... I was just saying that Rage pretty much assures that it won't be a bunch of douchey anti-war hippies. Then again, it's during the middle of the day on a wednesday, so who knows what kind of crowd will turn out.

Zweems56
08-14-2008, 12:39 PM
Sorry, didn't mean to sound uppity... I was just saying that Rage pretty much assures that it won't be a bunch of douchey anti-war hippies. Then again, it's during the middle of the day on a wednesday, so who knows what kind of crowd will turn out.

Not to sound uppity myself, but being as how Rage is a rebellious band, I see the concert being FULL of anti-war hippies. I mean... read this quote alone.

"SNL censored Rage, period. They could not have sucked up to the billionaire more. The thing that's ironic is SNL is supposedly this cutting edge show, but they proved they're bootlickers to their corporate masters when it comes down to it. They're cowards. It should come to no surprise that GE, which owns NBC, would find "Bullet" particularly offensive. GE is a major manufacturer of US planes used to commit war crimes in the Gulf War, and bombs from those jets destroyed hydroelectric dams which killed thousands of civilians in Iraq."

Throw some weed into his system and some funions, and it translates to this....

"******' corporate fascists maaaaaahhhnnnnn.... They're tryin to pull the wool over our eyes maaaaahnnnn..... We gotta fight the man with our drum circles and music maaannn...."

Hell, if Morello didn't graduate Harvard, you could bet your ass that my interpretation would be word for word :heh:

Buff
08-14-2008, 01:32 PM
Well, I guess it depends on your definition of hippy. There will be alot of anti-war folks like myself... But hippies don't listen to Rage Against the Machine. Hippies listen to Dave Matthews Band and Phish and Widespread Panic-- Not loud Rock/Rap Metal. It throws off their hippy mojo.

Zweems56
08-14-2008, 01:37 PM
Well, I guess it depends on your definition of hippy. There will be alot of anti-war folks like myself... But hippies don't listen to Rage Against the Machine. Hippies listen to Dave Matthews Band and Phish and Widespread Panic-- Not loud Rock/Rap Metal. It throws off their hippy mojo.

Rock is no longer the bane of the not-so-elusive American hippie. There is a new breed who has become immune to most forms of hippie repellent. Slayer is the only known form of hippie repellent still functioning.

BigDaddyBronco
08-14-2008, 01:54 PM
Not to sound uppity myself, but being as how Rage is a rebellious band, I see the concert being FULL of anti-war hippies. I mean... read this quote alone.

"SNL censored Rage, period. They could not have sucked up to the billionaire more. The thing that's ironic is SNL is supposedly this cutting edge show, but they proved they're bootlickers to their corporate masters when it comes down to it. They're cowards. It should come to no surprise that GE, which owns NBC, would find "Bullet" particularly offensive. GE is a major manufacturer of US planes used to commit war crimes in the Gulf War, and bombs from those jets destroyed hydroelectric dams which killed thousands of civilians in Iraq."

Throw some weed into his system and some funions, and it translates to this....

"******' corporate fascists maaaaaahhhnnnnn.... They're tryin to pull the wool over our eyes maaaaahnnnn..... We gotta fight the man with our drum circles and music maaannn...."

Hell, if Morello didn't graduate Harvard, you could bet your ass that my interpretation would be word for word :heh:
Obviously having a clue isn't required to play kick-ass music.

Oh, wait, sorry this isn't in P&R. :D

Dreadnought
08-14-2008, 01:55 PM
Sorry Buff, Zweems is right.

Rage = Hippie music for Hippies who are in denial

Northman
08-14-2008, 01:56 PM
Ive never cared for RATM. I think they have like maybe a song or two that are decent but overall just plain suck. Add in the fact that they dwell more on political statements than creating good music and it just reeks of crappiness.

Zweems56
08-14-2008, 01:57 PM
Sorry Buff, Zweems is right.

Rage = Hippie music for Hippies who are in denial

Holy shit. People agreeing with me. I haven't seen that on a message board since like... 2005.

Buff
08-14-2008, 01:58 PM
Holy shit. People agreeing with me. I haven't seen that on a message board since like... 2005.

Dread will just use any excuse he can to call me a hippy... He's a little out of his league on this one.

Dreadnought
08-14-2008, 01:59 PM
Ive never cared for RATM. I think they have like maybe a song or two that are decent but overall just plain suck. Add in the fact that they dwell more on political statements than creating good music and it just reeks of crappiness.

They would be hugely improved if they showed that no talent stiff Zack De La Rocha the door for good. He is pure nails on a chalkboard.

Dread will just use any excuse he can to call me a hippy... He's a little out of his league on this one

Negative, Buff. I have usually been on record as one of the few people saying you are NOT a Hippie, if you go back to the videotapes. Now I have to reconsider...

Zweems56
08-14-2008, 02:02 PM
Dread will just use any excuse he can to call me a hippy... He's a little out of his league on this one.

Damn, for a second there, I actually though I was getting more intelligent with age.

Buff
08-14-2008, 02:16 PM
They would be hugely improved if they showed that no talent stiff Zack De La Rocha the door for good. He is pure nails on a chalkboard.

Negative, Buff. I have usually been on record as one of the few people saying you are NOT a Hippie, if you go back to the videotapes. Now I have to reconsider...

See I thought the same thing about De La Rocha, was hugely excited for Audioslave-- and I really liked Audioslave's 1st album... But then their second album was a bunch of radio friendly snooze music-- And that's when I realized that I appreciated De La Rocha's work...

And you're right-- you have been one of the few to not lump me into the hippy crowd (though I'm not sure the pinko-commie crowd is where I belong either)... But I just cannot, for one second, agree that Rage is hippy music.

Zweems56
08-14-2008, 04:02 PM
I'm gonna make a quick point about something that pisses me off thats generally related. I'm pretty much sick and tired of this hippie bullcrap. The people I knew that attended the tent state event at rutgers, and i'm sure at tent state events everywhere are those people that wear the "save darfur" t-shirts, and attend the "lets talk about how shitty it is in darfur" meetings.

If these people actually cared about the well being of human beings, they wouldnt be jumping on the latest dumbass trend about whose ass we need to save while simultaneously not bathing for months at a time. Its the same exact problem we have with professors in college.... Everyone wants to preach about how we should go out and do something with our lives to save the world, but they don't do jack shit about it themselves.

If people actually gave a shit about what was going on as far as inhumanity is concerned, they wouldnt be hopping on a complaint bandwagon and preaching how everyone needs to do something. They would be ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING! I clump all these people into one big hippie category. If people want to complain about injustice in the world, go join the peace corps. Making music about injustice, and smoking pot and hitting bongo drums while preaching change doesnt do a damn thing.

Me, I'm perfectly happy settling down with a wife, popping out a few little Zweemers, working for the rest of my life and living an ignorant, blissful existence.

Buff
08-14-2008, 05:01 PM
I'm gonna make a quick point about something that pisses me off thats generally related. I'm pretty much sick and tired of this hippie bullcrap. The people I knew that attended the tent state event at rutgers, and i'm sure at tent state events everywhere are those people that wear the "save darfur" t-shirts, and attend the "lets talk about how shitty it is in darfur" meetings.

If these people actually cared about the well being of human beings, they wouldnt be jumping on the latest dumbass trend about whose ass we need to save while simultaneously not bathing for months at a time. Its the same exact problem we have with professors in college.... Everyone wants to preach about how we should go out and do something with our lives to save the world, but they don't do jack shit about it themselves.

If people actually gave a shit about what was going on as far as inhumanity is concerned, they wouldnt be hopping on a complaint bandwagon and preaching how everyone needs to do something. They would be ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING! I clump all these people into one big hippie category. If people want to complain about injustice in the world, go join the peace corps. Making music about injustice, and smoking pot and hitting bongo drums while preaching change doesnt do a damn thing.

Me, I'm perfectly happy settling down with a wife, popping out a few little Zweemers, working for the rest of my life and living an ignorant, blissful existence.

I hear ya-- I think concerts like Live Aid & Live 8 are a total sham-- Millionaire artists donating an hour of their time to "raise awareness" for a cause that will be forgotten the next day... Fans who are there for the artist and don't really care about the cause. Then everyone returns to their posh homes where they aren't inconvenienced by the worlds problems.

On the other hand, I think it should count for something that they are at least acknowledging these problems. Sure, it doesn't amount to much, but at least it's a blip on their radar.

Simple Jaded
08-14-2008, 06:19 PM
http://rockvu.com/2008/01/05/rage-against-the-machine-maynard-james-keenan-know-your-enemy/

I'm no hippie, but I'd pay to see this......

Timmy!
08-14-2008, 06:50 PM
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i226/melchissedec/Cartman_Hippies.jpg

Dreadnought
08-14-2008, 06:53 PM

Hmmm...sounds like an actual good plan to make the World a better place Zweems :D

OK, enough Politics from me here

Requiem / The Dagda
08-14-2008, 07:11 PM
My friend Shay got tickets to the Minneapolis concert. Front row or something. Lucky ****.

Buff
08-14-2008, 09:03 PM
http://rockvu.com/2008/01/05/rage-against-the-machine-maynard-james-keenan-know-your-enemy/

I'm no hippie, but I'd pay to see this......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlRMTqGKlyc

Simple Jaded
08-15-2008, 01:48 AM
"Some of those who burn crosses, are the same that hold office"......