PDA

View Full Version : The Trenches

Jagsbch
08-04-2010, 08:10 AM
The 1st team OL consisted of, from LT to RT, Polumbus-Beadles-Walton-Kuper-Harris. And the left side struggled. A lot. The "3 to 4 second pocket" of which CWO often speaks is a pipe dream at this point.

Tyler Polumbus isn't cut out of play LT and, after seeing his performance at RT last year, I don't know how the coaching staff thought he could play on the left side.

I know Polumbus will get a lot of support, especially from the Denver media since he went to CU, but the unbiased truth is we need Clady back ASAP.

Beadles and Walton play hard, are physical, they really battle and I think eventually they will both be very good players. But right now (and remember today was only the 3rd practice of training camp) they both need a lot of work.

Polumbus simply lacks the physical skills to play LT in the NFL. I'm trying not to get too concerned about the OL but from what I read about yesterday's practices and what I saw today does have me worried.

-Russ Hochstein was the 2nd team C. Seth Olsen also played with the 2nd team at LG.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u287/dkarp82/rsz_1christopher_moltisanti.jpgAnAngryAmerican Moderator for footballsfuture.com

claymore
08-04-2010, 08:18 AM
I would hope our defense is completley owning this offense early in training camp. This offense is EXTREMLEY weak right now with all the trumoil at WR, RB, OL etc...

atwater27
08-04-2010, 08:33 AM
Good God, can someone put a leash on the new threads for every topic in the Encyclopedia Brittanica?

Jagsbch
08-04-2010, 08:35 AM
I think it is easy to mistranslate the offense struggling as a sign of weakness rather than immaturity dut to two rookie starters on the line, missing arguably the best OT in the league, two rookies starting at WR...

Its the first week of training camp, you would expect nothing less than a bunch of veterans owning the an offense as green as the Broncos offense happens to be at the moment.

Its not a time to worry but a time to be on the edge of your seat in anticipation of this unit coming into its own each and every day. Its like being in a storm and seeing flashes of lightning as the rookies come into their own. I am in complete and utter suspense as an outsider looking in...:beer:

Jagsbch
08-04-2010, 08:36 AM
Good God, can someone put a leash on the new threads for every topic in the Encyclopedia Brittanica?

Somebody needs to put a leash on all the bitches around here. You want to talk football or bitch about people talking football? WTF?

LTC Pain
08-04-2010, 08:36 AM

That's sorta what I was thinking too. Gee!

claymore
08-04-2010, 08:39 AM
I think it is easy to mistranslate the offense struggling as a sign of weakness rather than immaturity dut to two rookie starters on the line, missing arguably the best OT in the league, two rookies starting at WR...
Its the first week of training camp, you would expect nothing less than a bunch of veterans owning the an offense as green as the Broncos offense happens to be at the moment.

Its not a time to worry but a time to be on the edge of your seat in anticipation of this unit coming into its own each and every day. Its like being in a storm and seeing flashes of lightning as the rookies come into their own. I am in complete and utter suspense as an outsider looking in...:beer:

Throw 2 injured RB's on top of that and thats a weakness. There aint no way to sugarcoat it.

If our defense doesnt look good against this offense, then we are in a heap of trouble.

Jagsbch
08-04-2010, 08:40 AM
That's sorta what I was thinking too. Gee!

LMAO at the haters.:rolleyes:

Jagsbch
08-04-2010, 08:44 AM
Throw 2 injured RB's on top of that and thats a weakness. There aint no way to sugarcoat it.

If our defense doesnt look good against this offense, then we are in a heap of trouble.

But that is the thing, where you see weakness I see rookies emerging to their own like lightning in the sky. Toney Baker is only going to benefit from the extra reps as the vets take a seat on the bench and allow them to develop.

That is 5 rookies right there not including Tebow on the offensive unit who are going to be anything but weak once they shed the skin of their green horns.

What better way to do that then with the reps they are getting.

Weak IMO would be if the circumstance was permanent, but that is the beauty of it, this storm will pass and the flashes we are seeing here and there from the rookies will turn into a rainbow when their stars actually start to shine more permanently as they develop through the riggors of camp.

I can't wait to get that Sun Shine on my shoulders, I am sure it will make me happy. We just have to weather this storm for now, and I say hold your head up, cause you might miss a beautiful lightning show if you don't.

claymore
08-04-2010, 08:53 AM
But that is the thing, where you see weakness I see rookies emerging to their own like lightning in the sky. Toney Baker is only going to benefit from the extra reps as the vets take a seat on the bench and allow them to develop.

That is 5 rookies right there not including Tebow on the offensive unit who are going to be anything but weak once they shed the skin of their green horns.

What better way to do that then with the reps they are getting.

Weak IMO would be if the circumstance was permanent, but that is the beauty of it, this storm will pass and the flashes we are seeing here and there from the rookies will turn into a rainbow when their stars actually start to shine more permanently as they develop through the riggors of camp.

I can't wait to get that Sun Shine on my shoulders, I am sure it will make me happy. We just have to weather this storm for now, and I say hold your head up, cause you might miss a beautiful lightning show if you don't.
:laugh:

Jagsbch
08-04-2010, 09:05 AM
:laugh:

I am going to be good for a lot of those...:beer: Otherwise what is the point of having me around eh?

"You never really know what the defense is going to do, you just try to prepare everybody to come out and have a big game. Each guy should think that they are going to have a big game that day that is the way we think and that's the way we prepare." Royal on the offense. video's (http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/video-browser/most-recent-videos.html)

This is awesome~!! This is the mentality that is being bread in every player on this team. They are all looking to be lightning, and from the thunderous applause of the record setting crowd at training camp, well it has to make broncos fan proud to see his team being rebuilt and how~!!

These players are starting to show some Promise and that ought to turn into gold once that rainbow emerges as these starts start to shine.

It is always darkest before the dawn... Sail on and on and on...

These players believe. Seeing that as a fan of the game has me inspired.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4Zx27dP1mTg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4Zx27dP1mTg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

BroncoNut
08-04-2010, 09:10 AM
Jags, I think you write beautifully. I like how you incorporate the wonder of nature into your description of an NFL team

claymore
08-04-2010, 09:15 AM
Jags, I think you write beautifully. I like how you incorporate the wonder of nature into your description of an NFL team

He makes TKO look like a Debbie Downer.

Jagsbch
08-04-2010, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the compliment Nut.

The keyboard is my paint brush, and being a carpenter, I know how to use it as a hammer as well.:laugh:

Life is a bitch and writing is my drug that helps me get away, it is a shame it has me coming full circle at times to what I am trying to get away from, but as the man upstairs said. This is not my kingdom...

BroncoNut
08-04-2010, 09:21 AM
I like writing too. It helps me to organize my thoughts and passions

claymore
08-04-2010, 09:21 AM

Tell us about the time your dog beat up your anus.

BroncoNut
08-04-2010, 09:25 AM
Tell us about the time your dog beat up your anus.

After I got the dog, I noticed scratches on my buttcheeks. I wouldn't go as far as saying my dog "beat up my anus", but if you want to interpret it that way, go ahead and knock yourself out.

Jagsbch
08-04-2010, 09:31 AM

Yes it does. But for me I find the keyboard is more like a treadmill that has me running from reality. One of these day's I am going to stop.

http://baseballsnatcher.mlblogs.com/forrest-gump-running-beard.jpg

I was watching this classic movie about Pop Warner and Jim Thorpe I had no idea that it was Thorpe where they got the running skit for Forest Gump.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_n0CHiLeUV94/Rk8xPB8IlbI/AAAAAAAABr8/ukQPaBpwu60/s400/allamericansthorpe450.jpg

Now here is a flash back of the Single Wing AKA Wild Cat in action. Football legend Jim Thorpe (right) receives the ball out of Single Wing formation.

Traveler
08-04-2010, 09:31 AM

Mistranslate?:confused:

Anyway, it's only day four of training camp. I say hold off judgement until we've had the opportunity to see them perform when the bullets start flying for real.

My pessimistic side says not to expect much from the offense this season, as it's still in a state of flux. With more changes to come. We still don't have established starters at the skill positions. And as you mention, the OL is also questionable.

If the offense does perform above expectations, I can only view it as a positive step in the ongoing transformation from a finesse to a power football team.

Jagsbch
08-04-2010, 09:41 AM
Mistranslate?:confused:

Anyway, it's only day four of training camp. I say hold off judgement until we've had the opportunity to see them perform when the bullets start flying for real.

The beauty of it is on offense when the bullets do start flying in preseason, we will get a lot of footage of the starters considering how 4 of them are going o be rookies. 5 if Tebow manages to start sometime in the near future.

6 If Bake emerges as a starter. It sucks being in Florida I will have to find a way to watch the rpeseason games on the WWW

Traveler
08-04-2010, 09:43 AM
The beauty of ti is on offense whhen the bullets do start flying in preseason, we will get a lot of footage of the starters considering how 4 of them are going o be rookies. 5 if Tebow manages to start sometime in the near future.

6 If Bake emerges as a starter. It sucks being in Florida I will have to find a way to watch the rpeseason games on the WWW

NFL Network.....

Jagsbch
08-04-2010, 09:59 AM
NFL Network.....

I have NFL network, but I still had to drive to Daytona to just watch the games live last season when I followed the Buc's.

broncofaninfla
08-04-2010, 11:52 AM
NFL Network is selling preseason streaming video packages of all of the games for $40. Justintv is also a option as well.

WARHORSE
08-04-2010, 12:16 PM
Im glad to hear the two rookies are fighting tooth and nail.

Maybe we should call them Tooth and Nail.:laugh:

I like them already, and their nastiness already reminds me of Nalen.

We can only hope theyre that good.

claymore
08-04-2010, 12:19 PM
NFL Network is selling preseason streaming video packages of all of the games for $40. Justintv is also a option as well.

Totally worth it IMO.

Italianmobstr7
08-04-2010, 12:58 PM
What team are you going to root for next season Jags?

Italianmobstr7
08-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Totally worth it IMO.

You can usually just watch them free online somewhere man. It's not worth the $40 if you ask me, especially when I already pay for Sunday Ticket. They also replay every preseason game on NFL Network as a replay.

claymore
08-04-2010, 01:03 PM
You can usually just watch them free online somewhere man. It's not worth the $40 if you ask me, especially when I already pay for Sunday Ticket. They also replay every preseason game on NFL Network as a replay.

Yeah, but, its better then spending hours finding the free feed, then the feed goes down, then im stuck for looking for another one.

Id pay 40 bucks for an illegal feed to. As long as it lasts the whole game.

The hassle and uncertainty is what makes the $40 bucks worth it IMO.

Nomad
08-04-2010, 01:10 PM
Yeah, but, its better then spending hours finding the free feed, then the feed goes down, then im stuck for looking for another one.

Id pay 40 bucks for an illegal feed to. As long as it lasts the whole game.

The hassle and uncertainty is what makes the $40 bucks worth it IMO.

That's the thing with the interweb....anything that is so-called free regarding the NFL usually gets shut down. I don't get why they don't offer packages over the internet. I hope they have dtv in AK because if not I'm screwed as far as watching the BRONCOS there.

T.K.O.
08-04-2010, 02:06 PM
After I got the dog, I noticed scratches on my buttcheeks. .

just how often do you inspect your "butt cheeks" ?:confused:
are there multiple mirrors involved ?
and how did you not notice it when the "scratches" were being put there ?
the whole thing reeks of alien abduction to me:shocked:

T.K.O.
08-04-2010, 02:08 PM
Totally worth it IMO.

Clay, do you have dish network ? if so pm me i can hook a brotha up:beer:

claymore
08-04-2010, 02:08 PM

Only thing that got abducted was his virginity. And unless his dog is from mexico, it wasnt an alien.

BroncoNut
08-04-2010, 02:18 PM

Oh brother, here we go again. Sometimes I sleep in the nude and sometimes loose change will stick to my ass in the process. I was probably checking my cheeks for some spare change for coffee at Sunoco or somethign and thats when I noticed what appeared to be scratch marks. I just used the mirror in my bathroom. I had just gotten a male dog and wondered if he had scratched me, or if I had scratched my ass during the night. That is all, I really don't like discussing it much.

Jagsbch
08-04-2010, 02:29 PM

$40 is well worth it. :beer: Thanks for the heads up.

Jagsbch
08-04-2010, 02:29 PM
What team are you going to root for next season Jags?

So you think there will be NFL games next season eh? :confused:

claymore
08-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Clay, do you have dish network ? if so pm me i can hook a brotha up:beer:

I have direct tv. If you text me a pic of your farve, I will hook you up.

T.K.O.
08-04-2010, 02:33 PM
I have direct tv. If you text me a pic of your farve, I will hook you up.

BUff off.....creep:shocked:

T.K.O.
08-04-2010, 02:34 PM
Oh brother, here we go again. Sometimes I sleep in the nude and sometimes loose change will stick to my ass in the process. I was probably checking my cheeks for some spare change for coffee at Sunoco or somethign and thats when I noticed what appeared to be scratch marks. I just used the mirror in my bathroom. I had just gotten a male dog and wondered if he had scratched me, or if I had scratched my ass during the night. That is all, I really don't like discussing it much.

do you live near any homeless people ?:confused: maybe they found out where you keep your change and came into your house and scratched your ass while foraging for coins ?:shocked:

BroncoNut
08-04-2010, 02:44 PM
no. No homeless peoeple in the area. I don't think it was the dog either. I think we just scratch ourselves in our sleep. There's an old Chinese saying. Go to sleep with itchy butthole wake up with stinky finger. it makes a lot of sense to me now

T.K.O.
08-04-2010, 02:47 PM
no. No homeless peoeple in the area. I don't think it was the dog either. I think we just scratch ourselves in our sleep. There's an old Chinese saying. Go to sleep with itchy butthole wake up with stinky finger. it makes a lot of sense to me now

well....no wonder homeless people dont check your cheeks for loot.......:eek:

slim
08-04-2010, 03:02 PM
Only thing that got abducted was his virginity. And unless his dog is from mexico, it wasnt an alien.

Nothing was abducted.

Nut was presenting and got exactly what he was asking for.

Jagsbch
08-04-2010, 03:13 PM
The 1st team OL consisted of, from LT to RT, Polumbus-Beadles-Walton-Kuper-Harris. And the left side struggled. A lot. The "3 to 4 second pocket" of which CWO often speaks is a pipe dream at this point.

Tyler Polumbus isn't cut out of play LT and, after seeing his performance at RT last year, I don't know how the coaching staff thought he could play on the left side.

I know Polumbus will get a lot of support, especially from the Denver media since he went to CU, but the unbiased truth is we need Clady back ASAP.

Beadles and Walton play hard, are physical, they really battle and I think eventually they will both be very good players. But right now (and remember today was only the 3rd practice of training camp) they both need a lot of work.

Polumbus simply lacks the physical skills to play LT in the NFL. I'm trying not to get too concerned about the OL but from what I read about yesterday's practices and what I saw today does have me worried.

-Russ Hochstein was the 2nd team C. Seth Olsen also played with the 2nd team at LG.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u287/dkarp82/rsz_1christopher_moltisanti.jpgAnAngryAmerican Moderator for footballsfuture.com

D’Anthony Batiste is working with the starting unit on Wednesday morning at left tackle, and Tyler Polumbus is with the second group.

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2010/0804/20100804__BRONCOS_PRACTICE_AS113~p1.jpg

player D'Anthony Batiste (67) works on his blocking as Clancy Barone looks on during practice at Dove Valley this morning. (John Leyba, The Denver Post)

Jagsbch
08-04-2010, 05:34 PM
http://prod.static.broncos.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/zip/2010/08-August/100804_TC_AM/100804_TC_AM-_B2K9458--nfl_medium_540_360.JPG

If you can't block Elvis you can at least give him a big hug and let him know how much you care.:D

Jagsbch
08-04-2010, 06:06 PM
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/photo_images/1012669/66609_Broncos_Camp_Football.jpg
Denver Broncos rookie lineman Paul Duncan

Sconnie Bronco
08-05-2010, 08:49 AM
Does anyone else think they should move Harris over to LT and Kuper out to RT with an Olsen twin at RG?

That would mean a very green interior OLine, but its not like what we have at LT currently is solid.

It seems like theyre really expecting/hopeful Clady is back for the opener.

claymore
08-05-2010, 08:53 AM
Does anyone else think they should move Harris over to LT and Kuper out to RT with an Olsen twin at RG?

That would mean a very green interior OLine, but its not like what we have at LT currently is solid.

I wouldnt want that unless Clady was out for the year. Clady will be better than anyone we could put at LT when he gets back. Might as well let the other guys play their natural position so there isnt confusion.

JMO.

Sconnie Bronco
08-05-2010, 09:09 AM
I wouldnt want that unless Clady was out for the year. Clady will be better than anyone we could put at LT when he gets back. Might as well let the other guys play their natural position so there isnt confusion.

JMO.

Theres validity in what youre saying. I guess they can use Graham to help the LT until Clady gets back. During Grahams first year in Denver, he was probably the best OT.

I guess it depends on how long Clady is out.

Lonestar
08-05-2010, 10:38 AM

I saw something yesterday that said they do not expect till OCT.

I also have to say whn I watched him last year in the new scheme he did not seem to get it. He seemed to be a bit out of step in it while run blocking.

Let's hope it was just a learning curve, afterall he has been in a ZBS program college through 08.

Did anyone else notice this?
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Jagsbch
08-05-2010, 04:10 PM
http://prod.static.broncos.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/custom-images/Blogs/blogpm2_100804.jpg

Jagsbch
08-05-2010, 04:21 PM
•Eric Olsen and Seth Olsen, each practiced snapping the ball to the different quarterbacks in the soggy conditions.

http://prod.static.broncos.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/zip/2010/08-August/100804pm_gallery/100804pm_gallery-TC8--nfl_medium_540_360.4_16.JPG

Jagsbch
08-05-2010, 05:29 PM
http://dpphoto.slideshowpro.com/albums/005/474/album-126312/cache/day047701.sJPG_900_540_0_95_1_50_50.sJPG?128102712 9

http://dpphoto.slideshowpro.com/albums/005/474/album-126312/cache/day047700.sJPG_900_540_0_95_1_50_50.sJPG?128102712 9

http://dpphoto.slideshowpro.com/albums/005/474/album-126312/cache/day047699.sJPG_900_540_0_95_1_50_50.sJPG?128102713 0
Denver Broncos OL Russ Hochstein (71) reacts with his arms out at the F-16 that flew over the facility during the morning practice August 4, 2010 at Dove Valley. John Leyba, The Denver Post

Jagsbch
08-05-2010, 06:45 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/files/2010/08/broncos_training3.jpg

Offensive lineman Eric Olson rolls through for the ball

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/files/2010/08/broncos_training2.jpg

Linebacker Devin Bishop is in there somewhere

http://dpphoto.slideshowpro.com/albums/005/474/album-127851/cache/lo006.sJPG_900_540_0_95_1_50_50.sJPG?1281096060

Denver Broncos Lonie Paxton (66) sprays down OL J.D. Walton (50) wit the hose as he dives for a football in the mud during the rookies initiation at the afternoon practice

Denver Broncos Lonie Paxton (66) sprays down OL J.D. Walton (50) wit the hose as he dives for a football in the mud during the rookies initiation at the afternoon practice

Denver Broncos OL Eric Olson rolls in the mud after diving for a football

http://dpphoto.slideshowpro.com/albums/005/474/album-127851/cache/lo008.sJPG_900_540_0_95_1_50_50.sJPG?1281096060

Denver Broncos OL Paul Duncan gets drenched with a bucket of water by Wesley Wodyard after diving in the mud

BroncoNut
08-06-2010, 09:31 AM
these are great Pics Jags, thanks