PDA

View Full Version : Talking about Cutler on Moving the Chains (Sirius NFL Radio) this afternoon

Tned
06-26-2008, 07:08 PM
I heard this driving home from work this evening, so recorded it on the cell phone. The quality is a little scratchy, but here it is.

For some reason, my Broncos07 server won't stream audio right now :confused:

You will need to right click and save the wav file to your PC then double click it to play it.

http://www.broncos07.com/downloads/MTC_cutler.wav

Fan in Exile
06-26-2008, 07:12 PM
It streamed just fine for me.

Day1BroncoFan
06-26-2008, 07:15 PM
Streamed and played fine for me also. I had trouble understanding what was being said though. :sad:

Tned
06-26-2008, 07:17 PM
Streamed and played fine for me also. I had trouble understanding what was being said though. :sad:

It streamed just fine for me.

Now you guys are making me mad. Are you messing with me or serious? :confused:

Let me try firefox and/or another PC. Very wierd.

Day1BroncoFan
06-26-2008, 07:19 PM
Now you guys are making me mad. Are you messing with me or serious? :confused:

Let me try firefox and/or another PC. Very wierd.

No, not kidding. I'm using IE 7. I click on the link and up pops Windows Media and it plays.

Tned
06-26-2008, 07:20 PM
Hmmm, works in firefox. Not sure why it isn't working in IE for me. I just spent the last hour converting it to different formats, and even installing some new software on the server to try and get it to work. :mad:

Tned
06-26-2008, 07:21 PM
No, not kidding. I'm using IE 7. I click on the link and up pops Windows Media and it plays.

It's really wierd. In IE, I get an "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" error.

Day1BroncoFan
06-26-2008, 07:23 PM
It's really wierd. In IE, I get an "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" error.

Maybe something to do with security settings or maybe file association issue? Hard to say.

Fan in Exile
06-26-2008, 07:25 PM
I'm using firefox, the worlds greatest browser.

Tned
06-26-2008, 07:25 PM
Maybe something to do with security settings or maybe file association issue? Hard to say.

Yep. I'll have to try and trouble shoot it when I get a chance.

omac
06-26-2008, 07:34 PM
Cool recording, Tned! :cheers:

Btw, who are those guys? Are they analysts or some fans?

They were saying Cutler already had a very good year except for the fumbles. If he has a similar year, it would still be pretty good. They'd like him to up the TDs to 25 and decrease the INTs to 12. They also think Denver will use more pocket passing to fully utilize Cutler's talents, to be more of a threat to the whole field, instead of just half as it is with the rollouts. They said Denver was forced to use primarily the rollouts with Plummer, but with Elway, they could do both.

Bill Devaroe
06-26-2008, 07:35 PM
this year with his inculin he should be able to put up MArino stats

Requiem / The Dagda
06-26-2008, 07:36 PM
this year with his inculin he should be able to put up MArino stats

What are you talking about?

Tned
06-26-2008, 07:37 PM

They were saying Cutler already had a very good year except for the fumbles. If he has a similar year, it would still be pretty good. They'd like him to up the TDs to 25 and decrease the INTs to 12. They also think Denver will use more pocket passing to fully utilize Cutler's talents, to be more of a threat to the whole field, instead of just half as it is with the rollouts. They said Denver was forced to use primarily the rollouts with Plummer, but with Elway, they could do both.

Yep. I'll have to try and trouble shoot it when I get a chance.

They are the hosts of Moving the Chains on Sirius NFL radio, Pat Kirwan & Tim Ryan.

Tned
06-26-2008, 07:40 PM

The way they described Elway using the 'dash' was interesting. It's been enough years that it's easy to forget.

They talked about how great Elway was about taking a five step drop, looking for his first receiver, and if he wasn't open, then transitioning into a bootleg, rather than running the boot as the primary play, as was done with Jake.

They also pointed out that like Elway, Jay has an arm that is strong enough that even if he moves right and the defense rolls coverage, he can throw it across the field.

NameUsedBefore
06-26-2008, 09:30 PM
Worked fine for me (I'm using Internet Explorer version Archaic as ****).

However, it working didn't stop the dialogue from sounding like the parents from Peanuts.

topscribe
06-26-2008, 10:04 PM

He was saying, now that they have the insulin situation under control, Cutler
has a chance to play at Marino's level.

That wasn't too difficult . . . :coffee:

-----

topscribe
06-26-2008, 10:06 PM
The way they described Elway using the 'dash' was interesting. It's been enough years that it's easy to forget.

They talked about how great Elway was about taking a five step drop, looking for his first receiver, and if he wasn't open, then transitioning into a bootleg, rather than running the boot as the primary play, as was done with Jake.

They also pointed out that like Elway, Jay has an arm that is strong enough that even if he moves right and the defense rolls coverage, he can throw it across the field.

I actually saw him do that last year . . . roll right, throw back across the
field, across his body. :shocked:

Yeah, he has the arm strength . . .

-----

BeefStew25
06-26-2008, 10:34 PM

-----

Yeah, but you should have seen Craig Morton.

topscribe
06-26-2008, 10:38 PM
Yeah, but you should have seen Craig Morton.

I heard Morton's arm described as "howitzer" when he was playing.

Morton had tremendous arm strength.

-----

Crush05
06-26-2008, 10:39 PM
Jay not only has the strength but the accuracy and ability to put up some of the best numbers in the NFL.:salute:

rcsodak
06-26-2008, 11:24 PM
After he gets his diabetes under control, through the use of insulin, he'll be able to put up Marino-like stats.

But I'm sure you knew that. :coffee:

rcsodak
06-26-2008, 11:27 PM

-----
yeah...just not the brains.

what's one of the first thing qb's are told NOT to do? :coffee:

Watchthemiddle
06-26-2008, 11:28 PM
After he gets his diabetes under control, through the use of insulin, he'll be able to put up Marino-like stats.

But I'm sure you knew that. :coffee:

Well he can have all the stats he wants....but just get the ONE that matters....a ring!!

Requiem / The Dagda
06-27-2008, 12:45 AM
He was saying, now that they have the insulin situation under control, Cutler
has a chance to play at Marino's level.

That wasn't too difficult . . . :coffee:

-----

It's a statement that didn't make sense to begin with.

WARHORSE
06-27-2008, 03:06 AM
Said Cutler was doing very well. His yards per completion was up there with the best QBs, which is good.

This is going to be a good year.

Tned
06-27-2008, 06:59 AM
It's a statement that didn't make sense to begin with.

Made perfect sense to me. It has been very well discussed how Cutler lost the 30+ pounds and still finished with pretty good numbers (12th or so on most passing stat rankings, even with a banged up Oline), while it was clear he had no arm strength at the end and he said he was gassed constantly. So, if you believe Cutler has talent and that the out of control Diabetes impacted him last year, then it is easy to assume that with the insulin and the diabetes under control, that Cutler will play much better this year.

Thnikkaman
06-27-2008, 08:25 AM
Hmmm, works in firefox. Not sure why it isn't working in IE for me. I just spent the last hour converting it to different formats, and even installing some new software on the server to try and get it to work. :mad:

Its because IE sucks and should never be used.

BroncoFanatic
06-27-2008, 08:26 AM

Firefox >>>>> IE :D

Thanks for sharing!

Ziggy
06-27-2008, 09:20 AM
Jay not only has the strength but the accuracy and ability to put up some of the best numbers in the NFL.:salute:

It's not a matter of whether Jay is accurate enough or has a strong enough arm. He has both. It's going to be more a matter of whether or not he has time to pick out his receivers before he has a pass rusher in his face like he did all last season.

lex
06-27-2008, 10:24 AM
It's not a matter of whether Jay is accurate enough or has a strong enough arm. He has both. It's going to be more a matter of whether or not he has time to pick out his receivers before he has a pass rusher in his face like he did all last season.

Actually Jay would often ignore the open underneath WR and lock on to the deep WR. This isnt all bad, you definitely like agression and making the defense defend the whole field but there is definitely some interplay between throwing deep vs. dumping off to the underneath WR and needing more or less pass protection. If he would dump off to the short WR sometimes, that might also help with pass protection. Its easy to look at the throws he makes and get all caught up in his passing ability but he is still progressing on decision making.

underrated29
06-27-2008, 10:55 AM
yes lex you are absolutley right! Countless tims last year i would think ok he is going to go to the dump off or the short route guy. he is wide open. Nope, he went deep instead.

We missed out on a lot of first downs and some tds that way. Often times the short play the guy had about 5-10 yards of space to turn around and run through.

I think once he starts to do that, like he said he is working on this offseason he is going to be a real scary qb for defenses. Of course a solid run game and ample time in pocket also helps.

Tned
06-27-2008, 06:59 PM
Actually Jay would often ignore the open underneath WR and lock on to the deep WR. This isnt all bad, you definitely like agression and making the defense defend the whole field but there is definitely some interplay between throwing deep vs. dumping off to the underneath WR and needing more or less pass protection. If he would dump off to the short WR sometimes, that might also help with pass protection. Its easy to look at the throws he makes and get all caught up in his passing ability but he is still progressing on decision making.

Exactly.

There have been several articles this offseason about how the coaches have been working with him to take the underneath and short routes, which will open up the big gainers when the defense has to start covering the short routes.

I remember a quote from Cutler recently where he talked about it and how he has been trying to make the big plays, and how he needs to take those short gains and keep the chains moving.

nevcraw
06-27-2008, 07:20 PM
Not suprising with canon armed young QB. Hopefully the recievers are such now that get more YAC when they do catch it underneath. Nothing more frustrating than 2-3 yd. catch and tackle.

omac
06-29-2008, 09:19 AM
Despite Jay not taking a lot of the underneath stuff, in one of the games last season, the commentators mentioned a stat that Cutler was one of the best QBs in the league in 3rd down conversion percentage. Not bad. :cheers: