PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Jamie Dukehart-Conti

BOSSHOGG30
06-26-2008, 04:32 PM
By Jake Grilley
DenverBroncos.com

ENGLEWOOD, Colo.-- As a Denver Broncos Cheerleader, Jamie Dukehart-Conti knows the importance of accessories. What would the Broncos Cheerleaders be without pom poms and cowboy boots? Last weekend Dukehart-Conti earned two other accessories, a sash and a crown.

She is Miss Colorado 2008, and the newly-crowned pageant winner is still trying to grasp the actuality of achieving her dream.

"It was so exciting," Dukehart-Conti said of being named this year's Miss Colorado. "It was the same when my name was called at Broncos additions for the first time. When you hear you name called it is kind of overwhelming. It takes a few days for it to sink in."

This was Dukehart-Conti's third year competing at Miss Colorado. She placed fourth overall each of the previous two years.

Instead of letting her finishes get her down, Dukehart-Conti saw not being named Miss Colorado as another opportunity and more time to become involved and prepare.

She used her title as Miss Denver and later as Miss Broomfield to invest her time and efforts to the community. Dukehart-Conti was heavily involved in promoting and organizing the Red Ribbon Week campaign, a program geared towards promoting a drug-free lifestyle to elementary and middle school students.

Over the past year both as a Broncos Cheerleader and Miss Denver, Dukehart-Conti volunteered over 1700 hours of community service.

"It was a really great opportunity and experience," she said. "It really demonstrates that you are invested in the organization and the community."

Dukehart-Conti is quick to dispel notions that Miss Colorado is strictly a beauty pageant.

"The swimsuit component and beauty factor are parts of the competition but that is just one component of the competition," she said. "I spent a lot more time on my community service than I did on my swimsuit walk. It is just part of of it. It is a total package and there are so many things that we do."

Part of her responsibly as pageant contestant and now as Miss Colorado is serving as a role model to young girls.

"I love children and I love being able to interact with them," she said.

Children are an integral part of Dukehart-Conti's life. When she isn't spending her time as a nanny, the Colorado State graduate with a certificate in elementary education helps to instruct kids through the Denver Broncos Junior Cheerleaders and the Miss Colorado Princess Mentoring Program.

As Miss Colorado Dukehart-Conti plans on continuing her efforts in promoting drug free awareness. In addition she will focus on advocating the organization's platform the Children's Miracle Network, an organization established to help fund improvements to medical facilities and healthcare for children, and her own personal platform of Investing in Miracles Changing Lives with Change, focused on gathing small donations in an effort to help enrich children's lives.

The exposure of being a Broncos Cheerleader in addition to being Miss Colorado brings with it opportunities that Dukehart-Conti is excited to embrace.

"I am so excited about what the partnership will be able to bring," she said. "I am so lucky to have so many great partnerships established between both organizations. Both organizations will open doors for each other."

Dukehart-Conti said she couldn't ask for a more supportive group of women than her fellow cheerleaders.

"Everyone has been so supportive and excited for me," she said. "They know that I have been involved and working for this for the entire year and it wasn't something I just did on a whim. They understand what having the title entails."

Dukehart-Conti will be representing both the Broncos and Colorado at the national level when she participates in the Miss America reality television series which will begin taping in September and October and during the Miss America Pageant in January.

And although her life now has added responsibilities and obligations to fulfill as Miss Colorado, Dukehart-Conti isn't forgoing her responsibilities as a Broncos Cheerleader.

"I am committed to the team 110 percent," she said. "I'll be out there on the sidelines."

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o5/bosshogg30/JamieDukehart-Conti.jpg

BCJ
06-26-2008, 05:13 PM
By Jake Grilley
DenverBroncos.com

Dukehart-Conti is quick to dispel notions that Miss Colorado is strictly a beauty pageant.

"The swimsuit component and beauty factor are parts of the competition but that is just one component of the competition," she said. "I spent a lot more time on my community service than I did on my swimsuit walk. It is just part of of it. It is a total package and there are so many things that we do."

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o5/bosshogg30/JamieDukehart-Conti.jpg

Yes, I believe she has proven that.

Lonestar
06-26-2008, 05:14 PM
not a faltering photo at all anyone else have one?..

shank
06-26-2008, 05:42 PM
meh (http://hlconcepts.wordpress.com/2008/05/14/miss-broomfield/)

Lonestar
06-26-2008, 08:06 PM

does not do anything for me.. but thanks anyway..

Superchop 7
06-26-2008, 08:10 PM
Girl next door.

Nature Boy
06-26-2008, 08:47 PM
She is FUGLY. I think Colorado can do better than that.

GEM
06-27-2008, 10:27 AM
:shocked: That's the best they could come up with in CO? Wow....just wow. :coffee:

slim
06-27-2008, 10:28 AM
Man, tough crowd.

Arkansas Bronco
06-27-2008, 10:40 AM
Sorry have to agree with the crowd.

BOSSHOGG30
06-27-2008, 10:42 AM
It's not all about looks these days... things have changed... Miss America actually has to have some talent, a personality, as well as looks. Maybe she isn't the best looking thing in the world, but I'm sure most of the guys and maybe even a few girls here wouldn't throw her out of bed. Also, some people look better in person. I'm sure she is a sweet girl. Also, she is a Denver Bronco and it's pretty cool that the person representing Colorado for Miss America is a Denver Bronco.

Lonestar
06-27-2008, 10:49 AM
It's not all about looks these days... things have changed... Miss America actually has to have some talent, a personality, as well as looks. Maybe she isn't the best looking thing in the world, but I'm sure most of the guys and maybe even a few girls here wouldn't throw her out of bed. Also, some people look better in person. I'm sure she is a sweet girl. Also, she is a Denver Bronco and it's pretty cool that the person representing Colorado for Miss America is a Denver Bronco.

I'm sure she is a wonderful gal and being a Broncos cheerleader is great.

BUT No offense but that and $1.50 will get you a Mc Donald coffee.

If Colorado wants to really compete at nationals they are going to have to send Beautiful women..

Colorado is becoming more Californicated by the day..

PC does not work nation wide..

BOSSHOGG30
06-27-2008, 10:58 AM

If Colorado wants to really compete at nationals they are going to have to send Beautiful women..

You must have a knock out gorgeous wife/girlfriend, because she isn't all that bad looking. Either that or you just super high standards.

P.S. Give me a good looking, smart girl with a good personality any day over a dumb, drop dead gorgeous, high maintenance, boring girl any day of the week and I will be more than happy.

Buff
06-27-2008, 11:00 AM
When does training camp start again?

Lonestar
06-27-2008, 11:03 AM
You must have a knock out gorgeous wife/girlfriend, because she isn't all that bad looking. Either that or you just super high standards.

P.S. Give me a good looking, smart girl with a good personality any day over a dumb, drop dead gorgeous, high maintenance, boring girl any day of the week and I will be more than happy.

I'm partial to my wife and she falls into the later category..

But to win National awards just pretty with brains, does not hack it and when you get to the next level after that it gets worse..

It all depends on what the State of east California is willing to settle for.. pretty and brains coming home for a year or drop dead gorgeous and a Miss Universe type.. JMHO

BOSSHOGG30
06-27-2008, 11:08 AM
I'm partial to my wife and she falls into the later category..

But to win National awards just pretty with brains, does not hack it and when you get to the next level after that it gets worse..

It all depends on what the State of east California is willing to settle for.. pretty and brains coming home for a year or drop dead gorgeous and a Miss Universe type.. JMHO

Does being a Denver Bronco Cheerleader count?

She gets my vote...and unlike all the other pagents, I don't watch, I could care less, I might actually watch this one or at least monitor it to see if our fellow Broncos wins!.... It's pretty cool.

Lonestar
06-27-2008, 11:19 AM

Does being a Denver Bronco Cheerleader count?

She gets my vote...and unlike all the other pagents, I don't watch, I could care less, I might actually watch this one or at least monitor it to see if our fellow Broncos wins!.... It's pretty cool.

I'm happy for her and the Broncos as I stated in my original post..

Probably a dynamite gal whom I do not particularly think is great looking enough to get past the Colorado Pageant..

I may even watch the semi's to see her please keep us informed on when and where..

GEM
06-27-2008, 11:44 AM

Boss when ya think of Miss Colorado ya do expect knock out gorgeous. That's what the BEAUTY PAGEANTS are built up for. They are called that for a reason, they aren't called beauty and brain pageants. :shrugs: She's not bad looking but when you put the number of contestants in there and you look at Miss USA going up to the Miss World pageant, ya do expect something near perfect in the competition. That's what they set it up to be all those years and are now trying to change the image.

BOSSHOGG30
06-27-2008, 11:48 AM
Boss when ya think of Miss Colorado ya do expect knock out gorgeous. That's what the BEAUTY PAGEANTS are built up for. They are called that for a reason, they aren't called beauty and brain pageants. :shrugs: She's not bad looking but when you put the number of contestants in there and you look at Miss USA going up to the Miss World pageant, ya do expect something near perfect in the competition. That's what they set it up to be all those years and are now trying to change the image.

I don't view Miss America as a "looks" pageant... It may be a beauty pageant, but I think of it as more all around abilities. Beauty, smarts, talent, everything rolled into one package. If I wanted to see a beauty pageant I know not to watch Miss America, but Hooters Pageants, Hawaiian tropic pageant, Playboy pageants and so on. Miss Teen and Miss America actually hold some dignity when it comes to women, it not all about sex appeal. At least this is how I view it.

Kaylore
06-27-2008, 01:07 PM
I don't view Miss America as a "looks" pageant... It may be a beauty pageant, but I think of it as more all around abilities. Beauty, smarts, talent, everything rolled into one package. If I wanted to see a beauty pageant I know not to watch Miss America, but Hooters Pageants, Hawaiian tropic pageant, Playboy pageants and so on. Miss Teen and Miss America actually hold some dignity when it comes to women, it not all about sex appeal. At least this is how I view it.

Those are more like sexy pageants - even slutty. I personally see a variance between those and what Miss America is about. I think its about being talented, smart (though not really. In the Iraq everywhere, like, and such as) but its a beauty pageant. You can look classically beautiful without looking like whore like a playboy pageant where it's a silicone fest. Let's be honest. Miss America is a beauty pageant first.

This girl will represent Colorado and I'm kind of miffed because people will see her and think "wow there aren't very many pretty girls in Colorado." This is really the best they could do?:coffee:

LRtagger
06-27-2008, 01:25 PM
uhhhh has anyone seen the current miss america? I wouldnt consider her drop-dead gorgeous

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/66/Kirsten_Haglund_Miss_America.jpg/480px-Kirsten_Haglund_Miss_America.jpg

I would say just about anyone would have a shot against that broad

Retired_Member_001
06-27-2008, 01:56 PM

She looks like she's breaking wind.

Retired_Member_001
06-27-2008, 01:58 PM
I nominate Alessandra Ambrosio to be our new head Cheerleader.

:cool:

GEM
06-27-2008, 02:08 PM
Who's the cheerleader that retired a couple seasons ago that all you fellas used to go gaga over? MUCH MUCH better choice. :heh:

Retired_Member_001
06-27-2008, 02:10 PM
Who's the cheerleader that retired a couple seasons ago that all you fellas used to go gaga over? MUCH MUCH better choice. :heh:

Renee Herlocker?

BOSSHOGG30
06-27-2008, 02:15 PM
I'm a Romi Bean fan myself.

GEM
06-27-2008, 02:15 PM
Keela Harris
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii273/Papi728/KeelaHarris.jpg
Serita Archuleta
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii273/Papi728/SeritaArchuleta.jpg

Those 2 have her beat. Brunettes for the win... :heh:

BOSSHOGG30
06-27-2008, 02:16 PM
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r149/Darkecho9/My%20Gallery/romibean.jpg

Retired_Member_001
06-27-2008, 02:17 PM
Those 2 have her beat. Brunettes for the win... :heh:

Serita Archuleta was my adopted Cheerleader. Unfortunately, her older brother was a complete jackass (got beat up in Vegas, plays for the Faiders).

GEM
06-27-2008, 02:18 PM
Serita Archuleta was my adopted Cheerleader. Unfortunately, her older brother was a complete jackass (got beat up in Vegas, plays for the Faiders).

I didn't know that....:laugh: That's gotta be fun when they get together!!

BOSSHOGG30
06-27-2008, 02:19 PM

What happened to the adopted Bronco thing we had on here?! I just noticed it was gone.

Retired_Member_001
06-27-2008, 02:20 PM
I didn't know that....:laugh: That's gotta be fun when they get together!!

The funny thing is, Serita could probably beat up Javon. Just kick him in his knee.

Retired_Member_001
06-27-2008, 02:20 PM
What happened to the adopted Bronco thing we had on here?! I just noticed it was gone.

It will restart when the final 53 man roster is decided.

BOSSHOGG30
06-27-2008, 02:21 PM
It will restart when the final 53 man roster is decided.

I was going to add Romi Bean to mine... Guess I have to wait.

GEM
06-27-2008, 02:23 PM
The funny thing is, Serita could probably beat up Javon. Just kick him in his knee.

You're bad!! :laugh:

Kaylore
06-27-2008, 03:26 PM

Who? There's no one named Archuleta on the Raiders right now. My Brother went to school with Keela Harris. I've met her. She's a nice girl.

And yes: Brunettes > All others.

Simple Jaded
06-27-2008, 06:16 PM
Mmmmm, Romi!...:drool:...