PDA

View Full Version : Toney Baker

Jagsbch
08-02-2010, 11:49 AM
The Sled

I watched the running backs attack the sled while limited to making contact with their shoulder. Knowshon Moreno stood out, until 5′10″ Toney Baker came and destroyed every other player’s previous marks. “I want to hear metal!”, the assistant coach screamed at his running backs, referring to the sound the sled makes when hit with enough force. Baker answered his coach’s call with sled-smacking power, to the coach’s cheers.

...Baker looked the strongest and by far the most physical. Smith had a strong practice — I liked his vision and determination when hitting the hole in team drills, while Ball showed a bit of impressive shiftiness...

Tight end Richard Quinn did so consistently against a number of players. He’s a wild blocker — his arms flail a bit and he boasts some crazy footwork — but it got the job done. Running back Toney Baker also had a few nice blocks here.

http://broncotalk.net/2010/08/16268/broncos-blog/bt-camp-scout-sunday-aug-1st/

BroncoNut
08-02-2010, 11:53 AM
Jags, are you at camp every day now?

Slick
08-02-2010, 12:14 PM
I like Toney Baker.

BroncoNut
08-02-2010, 12:25 PM
I like the way he punishes a defender

Jagsbch
08-02-2010, 12:30 PM
Jags, are you at camp every day now?

I would be in a heartbeat, but living in JagSunVille.

Come to think of it, I don't think I watched one Broncos game last season.:shocked:

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/8905/1001757.jpg
Here is some more info on Baker

montrose @ orangemane.com
The Real Boss...

Two guys who have really impressed me are R.Quinn and Ball. Quinn has lined up with the 1st unit quite a bit and looks much more comfortable than last year. He's a damn fine blocker and has caught everything thrown his way. I don't get the hype with Branson, he made one nice catch over Dawkins but otherwise has been quiet and dropped a few passes. Quinn appears just as fast (if not faster) and a better blocker. Ball has great balance, probably the best of any of the RBs. He runs with power and isn't knocked down - ever. I like him best of the other RBs although Smith and Baker have had their moments, Ball's been really consistent though.

BroncoNut
08-02-2010, 12:32 PM
I would be in a heartbeat, but living in JagSunVille.

Come to think of it, I don't think I watched one Broncos game last season.:shocked:

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/8905/1001757.jpg
Here is some more info on Baker

montrose @ orangemane.com
The Real Boss...

Two guys who have really impressed me are R.Quinn and Ball. Quinn has lined up with the 1st unit quite a bit and looks much more comfortable than last year. He's a damn fine blocker and has caught everything thrown his way. I don't get the hype with Branson, he made one nice catch over Dawkins but otherwise has been quiet and dropped a few passes. Quinn appears just as fast (if not faster) and a better blocker. Ball has great balance, probably the best of any of the RBs. He runs with power and isn't knocked down - ever. I like him best of the other RBs although Smith and Baker have had their moments, Ball's been really consistent though.

so you aren't a broncofan? I am confused.

Jagsbch
08-02-2010, 12:45 PM
Nope.

Not a fan of any team.

Broncos are the most intriguing team to me in the league, so I spent the past month trying to figure out everything I could about them.

So when I do follow their progress this season I will be able to get dialed into the nuances of the whose who from the secondary to the tailbacks. I think I about got it covered.

Last year it was the Buc's. I enjoyed getting dialed into the pulse of that team to the point of outguessing the number one honcho @ the Bucs official forum in regards to avatar bet's as to who starts, makes the final cuts, etc...

This despite the fact that I don't think I saw a game they played the season before. :D

I guess you can say I watched them on the matrix, I love studying stats. And watchng the game through th eyes of fans who post on forums, then there is all the articles.

It is like take a thousand piece puzzle and trying to put it together without looking at the picture. You got to admit I did a hell of a Job~!!

For me its about the game the passing game mostly. I am a football fan period.

BroncoNut
08-02-2010, 01:13 PM
Nope.

Not a fan of any team.

Broncos are the most intriguing team to me in the league, so I spent the past month trying to figure out everything I could about them.

So when I do follow their progress this season I will be able to get dialed into the nuances of the whose who from the secondary to the tailbacks. I think I about got it covered.

Last year it was the Buc's. I enjoyed getting dialed into the pulse of that team to the point of outguessing the number one honcho @ the Bucs official forum in regards to avatar bet's as to who starts, makes the final cuts, etc...

This despite the fact that I don't think I saw a game they played the season before. :D

I guess you can say I watched them on the matrix, I love studying stats. And watchng the game through th eyes of fans who post on forums, then there is all the articles.

It is like take a thousand piece puzzle and trying to put it together without looking at the picture. You got to admit I did a hell of a Job~!!

For me its about the game the passing game mostly. I am a football fan period.

With some trepidation, I will accept this

Jagsbch
08-02-2010, 01:34 PM
With some trepidation, I will accept this

You can't say I am a band wagon fan. People are generally jumping off when I show up trying to sell them their own teams its a crazy disposition.

Football teams are like Box cars, I am just a bum jumping on for a ride to see what we see...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SX8Xb3MSxok&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SX8Xb3MSxok&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

rcsodak
08-02-2010, 10:40 PM
You can't say I am a band wagon fan. People are generally jumping off when I show up trying to sell them their own teams its a crazy disposition.

Football teams are like Box cars, I am just a bum jumping on for a ride to see what we see...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SX8Xb3MSxok&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SX8Xb3MSxok&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Nothing to do with their #1a draft choice?

Jagsbch
08-03-2010, 07:36 AM
Exactly why don't you run out to the WWW and share something that does instead of just bumping the thread with rhetoric. :laugh::rolleyes:

The condescending antics around here is really starting to get old. bitch bitch bitch 'bitch is what bitch does'

http://www.accfootballphotos.com/2009/acc90919ncsugardnerwebb/700x700/acc0909192312.jpg

Here is the latest take Ob Baker that was posted an Hour ago. He took the rock tight up the middle. This guy is a sledgehammer I think it ,ight be a good nickname for him, weill have to keep it in mind.

The chain gang removes themselves. The Units switch sides again and resume 11 on 11 drills. Gaffney catches a deep ball from Orton and then Orton leads too much and overthrows Eddie Royal. Lance Ball runs with some speed and Larsen catches an out and when he turns it upfield, Joe Mays trips him up.

:elefant:Toney Baker runs up the middle.:elefant:

Tebow is showing that he hasn't adjusted to his reads in real-time NFL speed yet. I am sure he will find a way to improve that. However, he made a handoff on a running play and I was convinced that he still had the ball. Good work rookie! Then he goes and throws the ball at the feet of his receiver on the next play. Ayers would have sacked him as he was literally breathing down Tim's neck before the throw. HORN. Yes, there will be growing pains.

Mile High report (http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/8/3/1602426/2010-denver-broncos-training-camp)

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/496889/65188_broncos_camp_football.jpg

Jagsbch
08-03-2010, 05:44 PM
On getting increased repetitions

“Just taking it as an opportunity to get better each and every day. We’re praying for (RBs Correll Buckhalter and Knowshon Moreno) to come back soon, very soon, but we’ve just got to keep on trying to get better each day.”

On the opportunity the increased repetitions represent

“It’s a great opportunity, it really is. I’ve just got to keep my head in the book and just come out and work every day and try to solidify a spot on this team and that’s what I’m up to do every day.”

On coming in as an undrafted free agent

“Really, I just took it as an opportunity. I kind of expected to get drafted and when that didn’t happen, I was a little upset with that but the Broncos, they brought me in and I think they believe in me and I’m just going to keep working hard and do the best I can.”

On when the Broncos called him

:elefant:“They actually called me late in the seventh round saying that if I didn’t get picked up by anybody that they’d like me to come out and they wished me luck for the rest of the draft and they sure did, they called me right after the last pick.”:elefant:

On which other teams called for him

“Yeah, I got maybe five or six other teams that called and they just kept calling and I just had to think about it. I really felt that this would be the best spot for me and the best opportunity.”

On why he chose to come to the Broncos

“Really, I didn’t see any power backs on the roster, and I just thought that it would be a great place to play. I grew up watching the Broncos and I liked the Broncos a lot watching (former Broncos RB) Terrell Davis and those teams and I just thought it would be a good opportunity.”

On Denver’s history of successful players who were chosen late in the draft or brought in as free agents

“Yeah, obviously, that is something I hope could work out for me and they’re very open minded here which I love and the best players are going to play.”

On whether he likes to run over a defender or run around him

:tea:“It really just depends for me but I definitely love lowering the shoulder and running between the tackles. I think that’s why they brought me here but I definitely can get outside as well.”:tea:

On whether he feels more in a rhythm getting more repetitions

“Absolutely, particularly in pass protections and things of that nature. Everybody here can run or we wouldn’t be here, but just things like that in the passing game, that is really helping me get comfortable with the offense.”

camdisco24
08-03-2010, 06:28 PM
I'm telling you, Toney Baker is legit.
Without injuries at State, you would have heard his name ALOT more in college.
I really hope he shines for us, I loved him at NCSU.

Jagsbch
08-04-2010, 07:56 AM
For what its worth I had a friend go to camp yesterday and came away impressed with #40. He asked me who it was and I was happy to reply Toney Baker.

He was more impressed with him than any of the other three backs. He also said that D. Thomas is a beast. Real big and real fast. Winder23 footballsfuture.com