PDA

View Full Version : Potent Quotables - AM Practice 8/1/10

Spiritguy
08-01-2010, 02:49 PM
HEAD COACH JOSH McDANIELS

Opening Statement

"It was good to get off to an energetic start. It was a great atmosphere - the fans certainly make it fun to go out there and work and I think the players enjoyed it, but the effort is certainly where you want it to be on the first play, the execution certainly isn't and that's what we've got to go to work (on). We've got to put in a lot of time and that will start with our film sessions this afternoon. I look forward to coming back out tonight and hopefully having some signs of improvement in the first day."

On RB Knowshon Moreno

"I don't know. Don't know anything at this point. I wouldn't talk about injuries anyway, but I don't really have anything. I just kind of got out of a meeting and haven't been updated on that."

On Moreno and RB Correll Buckhalter

"Yeah, certainly you don't want to see two of your guys that you really count on in the same position to come off the field on the first day of training camp. We know that's part of the game and that's why you have to have people behind them. We'll see what the timetable may be or the diagnosis. I'm not sure exactly where that's at, or how severe - any of that stuff and hopefully we'll get them out there at some point whenever they're healthy."

On impressions of players from the first practice

"(WR) Matt Willis made a few nice catches. He kind of continued his push from the spring - had a real nice spring and then had an opportunity to make some plays down the field today and really came up with them. Today is usually a day of a lot more impressions that are so-so - a lot of good, a lot of bad, some so-so performances. Guys just are getting the feel of being in pads again, the speed of the game seems to be different you could tell in the stretching lines, nobody was really talking much and that's usually the first day of training camp. They all know what's about to happen and we've got a lot of work to do."

Theres more from the Coach, Champ, Dawkins, Decker, Garland, Orton, Quinn, Tebow and Thomas here. (http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/8/1/1599836/2010-denver-broncos-training-camp#storyjump)

Superchop 7
08-02-2010, 12:20 PM
Willis was jaw-dropping good.

Jagsbch
08-02-2010, 12:55 PM
"I think my confidence and my comfort level comes from the players and I think they reported yesterday, had a great attitude,

You could just feel the energy and the vibe and the confidence that they have.

:elefant:I've been to a number of different training camps on reporting day and the first day of practice and I'm not sure I've seen a team more excited to go out there on the field so that was exciting for all of us to feel that energy from all of them and like I said, :elefant:

I think my confidence or my comfort level with where we're at is going to come directly from them."

"I was awake at probably 4:25 a.m.,

Jagsbch
08-02-2010, 12:57 PM
On newly-acquired LB Joe Mays

"Well, he killed us last year in the kicking game, first of all, when we played against Philadelphia.

(He's) very physical, fast linebacker that can absolutely play and factor in the kicking game to a strong degree.

Young kid who we feel may have some really positive upside to him. He's a different style of inside linebacker than we have (in) some of our other guys here.
:elefant:
Most of our other guys are taller, obviously, but he's a physical player and he kind of looks like Mike Tyson and hopefully he'll play like Mike Tyson (laughing).":elefant:

"Again, I think some of those decisions you have to make and make the determination on how you feel or what you feel may impact the team the most. We knew we were looking for a player that could help us in certain areas in the kicking game.

We know there's a chance that (LB) Darrell Reid may not be ready to go right at the beginning of the season and all that so there are some things that factored into those decisions. None of them were easy, I don't pretend to like having to do that and he was a very good person, obviously worked hard to get himself ready to go and then we just made the decision - we felt like it was best for us."

No Biting Joe:D

Jagsbch
08-02-2010, 01:15 PM
Tebows take...

On whether his mechanics feel natural

"It was feeling really good. It wasn't feeling like I really had to think about it. I'm still working on footwork and my drops and things like that but as far as just my throwing motion, it's more of just getting my feet in place."

On the receivers

"Oh, we've got a bunch of great receivers, I like throwing to them all. I just was able to put it up for them a few times and they went and made a great play."

On the difference between today's practice and the pre-camp opportunity practices

"Well, I mean, you're in pads, you're competing versus the defense, you're competing live, things happen a lot faster when you have full pads and you're going against the first-team (defense)."

On whether players are buying in

:elefant:"I don't know that they're buying in as much as it is they've already had it. I think that just coming to a team that has a great work ethic and coaches that have great work ethics so the players see that and then we have leaders that come out every day and show up and work hard.

Guys like (S Brian) Dawkins and (LB Elvis) Dumervil and (QB Kyle) Orton and all those guys come out here and work hard every day and those are great leaders for everybody else to watch.":elefant:

Jagsbch
08-02-2010, 01:28 PM
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/photo_images/1000793/65710_Broncos_O_Line_Football.jpg

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/photo_images/1000797/65711_Broncos_O_Line_Football.jpg

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/photo_images/1006637/66083_Broncos_Camp_Football.jpg