View Full Version : Broncos' backs injured; Tebowmania begins

Lonestar
08-01-2010, 01:58 PM
Broncos' backs injured; Tebowmania begins
By Shemar Woods
The Denver Post
POSTED: 08/01/2010 09:35:50 AM MDT
UPDATED: 08/01/2010 12:55:48 PM MDT

Denver Broncos QB Tim Tebow is surrounded by Media after the teams first full squad practice August 1, 2010 at Dove Valley. (John Leyba, The Denver Post)
Tebowmania has blanketed Dove Valley.

The Tebow chants quieted down to the news that running backs Knowshon Moreno and Correll Buckhalter suffered leg injuries. At approximately 10:00 a.m., Moreno was carted to the locker room with an apparent right leg injury. Buckhalter also appears to have suffered a left leg injury. Head coach Josh McDaniels said he didn't have a diagnosis on either players' injury.

"I don't know anything at this point," McDaniels said. "I haven't been updated. Certainly you don't want to see two of the guys that you count on at the same position go off the field...We'll see what the timetable will be and the diagnosis."

Fans sporting the NFL's No. 1 selling jersey of Broncos rookie Tim Tebow lined up well before the first full-squad practice at 8:45 a.m. today to get their first peek at 2010 Broncos. About 20 fans were lined up to enter the practice facility at 4 a.m. this morning. The shoulder-to-shoulder crowd reached 3,103 and the majority turned their paper rosters into paper fans as the temperature increased at Paul D. Bowlen Memorial Center well into the morning practice.
The entire Broncos' roster reported to the morning practice at Dove Valley with the exception of injured players Jamal Williams, Ryan Clady and Darrell Reid. The Broncos first pick, Demaryius Thomas, agreed to a five-year deal Saturday and made his practice debut this morning.

"I just wanted to be out here with the team," said Thomas, who signed a deal worth 12.155 million, with $9.35 million guaranteed. "It went longer and longer and I was just frustrated and I was just happy to sign yesterday."
Tebow, who signed a five-year deal Wednesday, first practiced with the team on Friday, but today was the first time that he practiced in front of Broncos' fans.

Tebow received reps at the quarterback position along with veteran Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn. During seven-on-seven drills, Tebow worked in the rotation to completed

Denver Broncos Quarterback Tim Tebow (15) stretches during practice August 1, 2010 at Dove Valley. The Broncos were expecting over 3,000 spectators for practice. (John Leyba, The Denver Post)
a 40-yard pass to Matthew Willis on a fly route. The crowd cheered in approval and some stood to their feet, as if the season had already begun.
"We had some pretty passionate fans at Florida too," Tebow said. "Gator nation is everywhere." In addition to his new No. 15 Broncos' jersey, fans wore Tebow's blue and orange No. 15 jersey from his days at the University of Florida. As he stretched after sprints to end practice, fans continued to chant,

"Tebow, Tebow, Tebow."

"Those cheers will really start to be more for performance when we start playing, rather than just 'Hey, this guy came on the field today,'" McDaniels said.

An afternoon practice is scheduled from 5:30 p.m. until 7:30 p.m.
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15653547