PDA

View Full Version : San Diego @ Denver (Sept. 14th)

Magnificent Seven
06-25-2008, 01:59 AM
Hi everyone,

Hope all is well and life is treating you good!

I am from California and of course, I am a Broncos fan. I am considering about flying to Denver and attending to the Chargers vs. Broncos game in Denver on Sept. 14th. Is it worth to go?

What hotel would you recommend?

Cheers!

Magnificent Seven
06-25-2008, 02:16 PM
Anyone?

Magnificent Seven
06-25-2008, 05:02 PM
:questionmark: :coffee: :grillin:

NightTrainLayne
06-25-2008, 05:05 PM
Would it be a big game?

Does Bief Stue wear depends in his Lincoln?

Buff
07-07-2008, 09:52 AM
Yes, any divisional game is always huge... Just beware, the last couple times I went to a Den vs. SD game I went home in a foul mood. With the Raiders or the Chiefs you have a better chance of seeing a victory...

In terms of hotels, you can't go wrong with the Red Lion because it's right next door... You don't have to catch a cab or anything, you're already right there. If you're looking to see a little more of Denver besides just the game, you may stay somewhere downtown-- Anywhere in that area isn't too far from the stadium.

Calif. Bronco
07-14-2008, 06:29 PM
If I fly in on Saturday (as opposed to Sunday), I usually stay downtown near the 16th Street Mall - lots of good places to eat and drink along there. Plus, it's still close enough to walk to the game. :salute:

I'll be at that game and looking to hook up with a tailgate - anyone on here tailgating let me know. I'll be flying in Sunday morning and stopping somewhere to get some refreshments to bring. :beer:

BCJ
07-15-2008, 02:52 AM
Try Orangemane.com for tailgatting spots. We are having a huge annual get together the week after. Vote was taken and no one wants to see what happened last year so we are doing week 2 vs the Saints. Red Lion (it is now under a new name/owner) has a great sports bar that we frequent the afternoon before. Trip to LoDo with a Rockies game and/or Sports Column is a great place to get your drinks on for Saturday night.

tboltzcali
07-30-2008, 07:51 PM
Fellas, howz it? We are ready for another round in your house. Got about 100+ charger fans mobbin the parking lot for a huge tailgate. Didnt come here to talk trash, not my style. Its gunna be fun. Any suggestions where to stay? I think we are at the Doubletree on Quebec? Should I thinks twice???? How about bars for a saturday nite pub crawl????

BeefStew25
07-30-2008, 09:29 PM
Are you a man or a woman?

BCJ
07-31-2008, 03:24 AM
Fellas, howz it? We are ready for another round in your house. Got about 100+ charger fans mobbin the parking lot for a huge tailgate. Didnt come here to talk trash, not my style. Its gunna be fun. Any suggestions where to stay? I think we are at the Doubletree on Quebec? Should I thinks twice???? How about bars for a saturday nite pub crawl????

I stay at Doubletree a lot over the years. Last year they were doing construction and of course that annoying train rolling through late at night. Lucky for me, I sleep through it as I am pretty much hung over. It is at least 5 to 7 miles from entertainment, but I like LoDo Sports Column for Saturday night. They will show late night games on the West Coast or Fights. Try them for breakfast and watch all the college games too. Then go do the tour of Coors Field it is well worth it!

tboltzcali
07-31-2008, 10:36 PM
Seems like you all are surrounded by trains! We have people staying at La Quinta and I heard they are close to the train as well. Oh well, wont do much sleeping when we are out there.

Magnificent Seven
08-01-2008, 01:09 AM
I will be staying at Sheraton Hotel in downtown Denver from Sept. 12th to 15th.

tboltzcali
08-01-2008, 12:08 PM
There are gunna be 100's of bolt fans in your city come september 14th. Fans are staying at the Marriott, courtyard, la quinta, sheraton, doubletree, the curtis that I know of. We now got over 100 fans just from our forums. I expect over 150 tailgating with us.

tboltzcali
08-01-2008, 12:10 PM
I will be staying at Sheraton Hotel in downtown Denver from Sept. 12th to 15th.where you flying in from?

BeefStew25
08-01-2008, 12:39 PM
Diehard fans, diehard football city:

Gov. Rick Perry, taking a break from politics, was watching another contact sport while vacationing this week in San Diego. He attended the San Diego Chargers training camp on Wednesday as a guest of team president Dean Spanos, and the guv was wearing a distinctively vacation-ish shirt. Gotta love it.
Could he be selling San Antonio as a great place for the Chargers to move? The Alamo City already has a very nice, gently used stadium, while the team is tussling with San Diego over a new facility. Could he be scouting for the Dallas Cowboys, whose first pre-season game is against the Chargers on Aug. 9?
Or maybe he's just beating some heat and enjoying the sights. We hear the zoo is nice, too.

http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/07/hard-chargering-perry.html

Magnificent Seven
08-01-2008, 01:27 PM
where you flying in from?

San Francisco, CA

tboltzcali
08-05-2008, 07:03 PM
oops.....sorry bout that. So wheres a good place to eat out there??? any suggestions? I really dont wanna spend my time a espn zone.

Magnificent Seven
08-14-2008, 06:29 PM
Let's face it. Will Broncos win this game?

tboltzcali
08-28-2008, 10:49 PM
ummm...nope.

broncobryce
08-29-2008, 10:46 AM
Yes, it is in Denver. And we have Marshall back. Chargeless fans can say whatever they want. Who gave the Giants a chance last season? (crickets) We will stop LT and Rivers will pay for his big mouth last season. And Merroid will be worthless if he plays at all.

tboltzcali
08-30-2008, 12:38 AM
Your weak defense wont stop anyone this year. Dont worry bout us...its a bit too early....you should worry about oakland. They should beat you guys. You guys should start 0-2.

Magnificent Seven
08-30-2008, 01:04 AM
Your weak defense wont stop anyone this year. Dont worry bout us...its a bit too early....you should worry about oakland. They should beat you guys. You guys should start 0-2.

In your dream

tboltzcali
09-03-2008, 08:45 PM
this game is gunna be a good one. I just hope no one gets injured.

BCJ
09-04-2008, 06:02 AM
Guys, this is the tailgate forum and thread. Keep the topics on beer, where to meet for Saturday night drinks and what beers and brats are you bringing to the tailgate.

tboltzcali
09-04-2008, 05:28 PM
where is the best place to hang out on saturday nite? where do all the bronco fans go?????

MasterShake
09-04-2008, 06:29 PM
where is the best place to hang out on saturday nite? where do all the bronco fans go?????

The Wynkoop brewery is a fun place to go, and there are always TONS of Bronco/football fans there. Really good brews too. May I recommend two pitchers of Light Rail Ale? http://www.wynkoop.com/

tboltzcali
09-04-2008, 06:53 PM
thats funny cuz thats where all us bolt fans will be saturday nite. The last I heard, we are rollin 50 deep.

MasterShake
09-04-2008, 07:10 PM
thats funny cuz thats where all us bolt fans will be saturday nite. The last I heard, we are rollin 50 deep.

Yes, the opposing team is always well represented there. Last year for the Pittsburgh game it was crawling with 'em. We all had a good time though.

tboltzcali
09-04-2008, 10:45 PM
do donko fans talk smack in person or is it only in the forums??? we will be there in full posse mode. Get ready denver....we takin you guys over!!

BCJ
09-09-2008, 02:49 AM
do donko fans talk smack in person or is it only in the forums??? we will be there in full posse mode. Get ready denver....we takin you guys over!!

great. Sounds like a bunch of Faider fans thinking they are taking over a town. Denver doesnt care much about where you are from in California. They think you are styling because you are in Denver. Best way to represent your town and team is to not be a big mouth and actually enjoy the greatness of LoDo (lower downtown). If you guys are into spending some cash for dinner, go to Rogelizio or something like that which is the Brazilian BBQ. 35 choices of meat. You will go crap right after dinner for a good 5 to 10 minutes but worth it. Sports Column is totally happening on Saturday night and I believe Jackson's Hole is still good and probably more room than SC. Act like a bunch of thugs and snobs and you will not be having much of a good time. Walk around during the day to see some of the cool places during the daylight and I highly recommend the tour at Coors Field.

tboltzcali
09-09-2008, 05:34 PM
great. Sounds like a bunch of Faider fans thinking they are taking over a town. Denver doesnt care much about where you are from in California. They think you are styling because you are in Denver. Best way to represent your town and team is to not be a big mouth and actually enjoy the greatness of LoDo (lower downtown). If you guys are into spending some cash for dinner, go to Rogelizio or something like that which is the Brazilian BBQ. 35 choices of meat. You will go crap right after dinner for a good 5 to 10 minutes but worth it. Sports Column is totally happening on Saturday night and I believe Jackson's Hole is still good and probably more room than SC. Act like a bunch of thugs and snobs and you will not be having much of a good time. Walk around during the day to see some of the cool places during the daylight and I highly recommend the tour at Coors Field.whoooaaa back up buddy. them are fightin words. no where near being raider fans.
We have many of those brazillian rest out here. They are decent if you love to eat.
We will be at the Wynkoop saturday nite then movin on elsewhere in LODO.
We are all cool and respectful fans. No need to worry. just comin out there to have a good time. And when I mean posse, dont mistaken it for gang terms. I could of said crowd instead.

tubby
09-09-2008, 06:06 PM
whoooaaa back up buddy. them are fightin words. no where near being raider fans.
We have many of those brazillian rest out here. They are decent if you love to eat.
We will be at the Wynkoop saturday nite then movin on elsewhere in LODO.
We are all cool and respectful fans. No need to worry. just comin out there to have a good time. And when I mean posse, dont mistaken it for gang terms. I could of said crowd instead.

Loser.

I'll be at the game. Look for the 22 year old drinking Dos Equis XX. I'll be wearing baggy pants, white sneakers, wife beater, and 3 gold chains. My mustache is ill.

tboltzcali
09-10-2008, 10:39 PM
Anyone familiar with the doubletree off of quebec??

BCJ
09-13-2008, 02:47 AM
Anyone familiar with the doubletree off of quebec??

If you are still around to read it, yes I priceline a ton off of Quebec and got this hotel many times. I think it is the farthest from the trains which can be obnoxious at 3am. Be passed out drunk and you wont hear a thing.
BTW: I have seen the thread at the Chargers site and many "Homeboys" think their sheat dont stink and will be rolling with their bad A$$ Chargers mystic.