PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Marshall.......making Changes(video)

WARHORSE
06-24-2008, 09:38 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=349&videoID=2674&type=broncosTV&year=&month=

I must say I get pumped up every time I see this guy touch the ball. He will be an absolute beast this year............:salute:

Bill Devaroe
06-24-2008, 09:51 PM
brandon marshall is good for nothing in my opinin . he is a thug.
this is stokleys job to lose.

DenBronx
06-24-2008, 11:04 PM

who's the new guy?

tubby
06-24-2008, 11:22 PM

Interesting opinion. Our thug is very talented. His play speaks for his love of the game. 102 catches in your 2nd year is no joke.

What about Stokley’s job?

BroncoJoe
06-24-2008, 11:24 PM

Uh, do you know anything about the Broncos?

Kaylore
06-25-2008, 11:10 AM
The timing of this is more than convenient.

Northman
06-25-2008, 11:21 AM

Only if Stokely had some real talent.

shank
06-25-2008, 01:03 PM

i disagree strongly with both of you.

many consider stokely to be the best slot receiver in the NFL, welker being the only real competition for the title.

GEM
06-25-2008, 01:54 PM
He's very high on the talent part. Very low on the common sense part. It's nice to see what he can do on the field, the question now is going to be...can he stay on the field.

The comment about Stokely...unfounded. The guy is getting up there in age for a WR, but there's no denying that over his career he is possibly the best slot receiver there is. Ya can't fault that he's come here towards the end of his career, he's still done well for us. Pay that complaint to the guys upstairs who don't DRAFT guys like Stokely and seem to bring em all in when they are past their primes.

shank
06-25-2008, 02:08 PM
brandon is saying all the right things, and i love what he says in this video.

the only problem is he said all the same things after his other incidents. hopefully the possible looming suspension, whether it happens or not, is the kick in the ass that brandon needs to turn it around and follow through with what he says.

very interesting note: at 4:50 of this video, you can see javon walker in the background, clearly jumping to avoid stepping on his leg(knee). wasn't he, according to him, healthy at the end of the season, and should have been getting the ball? his knee was clearly still bothering him, even in week 17.

Retired_Member_001
06-25-2008, 02:18 PM
Hopefully Brandon puts what he has said into practice. I really hope for his sake that he gets this around. He could easily be a top 3 NFL receiver if he gets his attitude and legal troubles in check. I think he wants to do what is right, but he just lacks the knowledge to do better.

Hopefully he really turns things around because if he gets into one more problem, I see his ass being shipped out.

LRtagger
06-25-2008, 02:30 PM
The point isnt whether Stokely is a great slot receiver and an asset to this team...but in no way, shape, or form is the #1 WR position on the Denver Broncos Brandon Stokely's position to lose.

Even if Marshall is suspended, injured, released, falls off a cliff, sprays champagne on a gang member, molests an elderly man, smuggles moonshine in the general lee, or anything of the like...Brandon Stokely will not be the #1 receiver on this team. The day Stokely is the #1 guy on this team and is expected to catch 100 balls in a season is the day this team finishes behind Oak and KC in the west.

GEM
06-25-2008, 02:36 PM

The point isnt whether Stokely is a great slot receiver and an asset to this team...but in no way, shape, or form is the #1 WR position on the Denver Broncos Brandon Stokely's position to lose.

Even if Marshall is suspended, injured, released, falls off a cliff, sprays champagne on a gang member, molests an elderly man, smuggles moonshine in the general lee, or anything of the like...Brandon Stokely will not be the #1 receiver on this team. The day Stokely is the #1 guy on this team and is expected to catch 100 balls in a season is the day this team finishes behind Oak and KC in the west.

Perhaps I misread the previous quote, I don't think I did. We all know that there is no way to throw the #1 spot on Stokely. That wasn't what was stated though. The guy has some talent left in him and over the years has PROVEN himself to be a huge asset to the teams he played on.

NightTrainLayne
06-25-2008, 03:02 PM
The timing of this is more than convenient.

I had the same thought. This was released the day before news of Marshalls arrest was going to hit for a reason.

LRtagger
06-25-2008, 03:40 PM
Perhaps I misread the previous quote, I don't think I did. We all know that there is no way to throw the #1 spot on Stokely. That wasn't what was stated though. The guy has some talent left in him and over the years has PROVEN himself to be a huge asset to the teams he played on.

I must have missed that post. I thought everyone was reponding to the guy who said Marsh was a scrub and it was stoke's job to lose :confused:

GEM
06-25-2008, 04:26 PM
I must have missed that post. I thought everyone was reponding to the guy who said Marsh was a scrub and it was stoke's job to lose :confused:

Did anyone really take that one seriously? Wow....:laugh:

LRtagger
06-25-2008, 07:56 PM
i would hope not :D

Npba900
06-25-2008, 08:34 PM

Marshall is not a Thug or a Pac-Man type player. Also, Stockely can't stay on the field for the entire season w/o getting injured and is in his 30's. So Stoke is not the long term answer....is he!!!:rolleyes:

Buff
06-25-2008, 08:46 PM
I still get the impression Marshall is a genuinely good guy. I think he probably just acts like an idiot when he's drunk and needs to get that in check.

It's easy to forget that he's just 24, and pretty rich for his age. Same with 'Melo. Not that that's an excuse, but there's alot more hope for younger guys than there is for someone who's been in the league for a while.