PDA

View Full Version : Predict when Tebow will start

Apollo
07-31-2010, 06:53 AM
Vote in the poll :)

Lonestar
07-31-2010, 08:36 AM
I did not see 2011 as an option. Color my vote there.

Or was this meant for 2011?
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

camdisco24
07-31-2010, 08:43 AM
Next season, but we will see him on the field this year.
My prediction is he gets a handful of TD's this year and takes over full time next year. (As he should) We don't need to rush this kid into the starting spot, it would be detrimental to his career IMO.

Lonestar
07-31-2010, 09:03 AM
Unless Orton falls on his face OR is injured along with Quinn he will not start this year.

As CamD stated the is NO rush to get him on the field other than in spot situations. But starting is unlikely.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Ravage!!!
07-31-2010, 10:14 AM
He'll start before the season ends. Too much invested in the QB of our future not to get him in the games and let him learn from the experience. RARELY do you see a first round QB, not start sometime throughout the first season anymore. VERY rarely. Its just not financially sound. Considering that Orton won't be here next year, makes more sense to get him some experience as a starter (even if its at the end of the season) than to start the 2011 season with a QB with absolutely no starting experience.

Apollo
07-31-2010, 10:23 AM
He'll start before the season ends. Too much invested in the QB of our future not to get him in the games and let him learn from the experience. RARELY do you see a first round QB, not start sometime throughout the first season anymore. VERY rarely. Its just not financially sound. Considering that Orton won't be here next year, makes more sense to get him some experience as a starter (even if its at the end of the season) than to start the 2011 season with a QB with absolutely no starting experience.

I tend to agree with this view.

We have so much invested in him, I don't see him sitting on the bench for the full year. One way or another, he will start, but it will likely be late in the year.

broncophan
07-31-2010, 10:33 AM
I picked games 5-9.....but I hope I am wrong....if Tebow starts this season.....it will mean this season will be a failure...imo....and will mean the broncos will have a terrible record....and nothing to play for but getting Tebow.....or Quinn for that matter, experience for the future.

honz
07-31-2010, 10:38 AM
It depends on how well he performs in camp, practice, and preseason. He'll have to earn the gig.

jhildebrand
07-31-2010, 10:54 AM
He'll start as soon as it is clear this team is out of the playoffs!

Northman
07-31-2010, 11:40 AM
Probably somewhere in the 5-9 game range. If we are struggling to put wins together it would only make sense to get the kid in there to learn in the live enviroment.

dogfish
07-31-2010, 03:38 PM
we've been over this before. . . . tebow doesn't start shit, he finishes it. . . .

TXBRONC
07-31-2010, 03:52 PM
we've been over this before. . . . tebow doesn't start shit, he finishes it. . . .

George Blanda.

Overtime
08-01-2010, 11:03 PM
you left out the option of "Never".

:coffee:

BroncoWave
08-01-2010, 11:08 PM

Oh great, you're back! :rolleyes:

topscribe
08-01-2010, 11:35 PM

Well, I'm not going to predict that, but the poll is slanted to force a prediction
that Tebow in fact is going to start. I hate to rain on anyone's parade, but the
fact is there is always the possibility that Tebow will never start as a QB.

I'm not saying he won't. I'm just saying he has to prove it on the field.

Do you really think his $33M contract is a big deal? It is a big deal only if he
fulfills a bunch of incentives in it, beginning with his starting this year, as I
understand. And Orton might have something to say about that.

Then he has to go to some Pro Bowls and a Super Bowl. Is that right? In other
words, it's almost as if he has to be more than what he is (human) to do it.

If the Broncos had utter faith in Tebow that he is the savior some of us here
think he is, why didn't they just give him a contract and let it go at that?
It is because McDaniels meant what he said when he said the QBs are going
to compete.

If he simply wanted to put a star out on the field, I would think he would have
taken no prisoners in keeping Cutler and Marshall in Denver. But, make no
mistake: McDaniels is about winning. He doesn't care about what "no-names"
he has to do it with: He cares about winning. That is all he cares about.

With or without Tebow . . .

-----

BroncoBJ
08-01-2010, 11:47 PM
His first start will be in the playoffs. :elefant:

But naw, I think he might start somewhere this season. I kinda hope he waits but at the same time I want him out there to see how he does. But I've seen that its better to wait and get groomed in to a great starter rather then just being thrown out in the fire.

Just glad to have football back. :rockon:

btw, what if 1 game we start the game out in a wild horse/ Special Tebow formation or whatever we use for him? Will that be considered the start if hes the guy who takes the 1st snap? :lol: Pretty silly question but I'd imagine that would be considered a start for him.

BroncoWave
08-01-2010, 11:52 PM
His first start will be in the playoffs. :elefant:

But naw, I think he might start somewhere this season. I kinda hope he waits but at the same time I want him out there to see how he does. But I've seen that its better to wait and get groomed in to a great starter rather then just being thrown out in the fire.

Just glad to have football back. :rockon:

btw, what if 1 game we start the game out in a wild horse/ Special Tebow formation or whatever we use for him? Will that be considered the start if hes the guy who takes the 1st snap? :lol: Pretty silly question but I'd imagine that would be considered a start for him.

Yep, he would be considered the starter and get credit for the win or loss.

GGMoogly
08-01-2010, 11:59 PM
... I hate to rain on anyone's parade, but the
fact is there is always the possibility that Tebow will never start as a QB.

I'm not saying he won't. I'm just saying he has to prove it on the field....

:throwrock: Oh, that's what you're saying, huh? Well let me tell you what I'm hearing. I'm hearing you say you hate Tebow, his mother and all that he stands for. In fact, what I'm hearing sounds an awful lot like something Hitler would say! :rant: It's obvious you're swinging from somebody's nut sack...I'm not really sure whose yet, but somebody's!:motz:

...and when I find out...CONSEQUENCES WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!!!

:flame:

topscribe
08-02-2010, 12:03 AM
:throwrock: Oh, that's what you're saying, huh? Well let me tell you what I'm hearing. I'm hearing you say you hate Tebow, his mother and all that he stands for. In fact, what I'm hearing sounds an awful lot like something Hitler would say! :rant: It's obvious you're swinging from somebody's nut sack...I'm not really sure whose yet, but somebody's!:motz:

...and when I find out...CONSEQUENCES WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!!!

:flame:

:lol: No, actually, I'm a fan of Tebow's. I'm a fan of Quinn's. I'm a fan of Orton's.

Why, I'm not sure . . .

Might have something to do with the uniform they wear . . . :coffee:

-----

GGMoogly
08-02-2010, 12:07 AM
: . . .

Might have something to do with the uniform they wear . . . :coffee:

-----

;) So...You're one of those who hated the old uniforms, huh?!

BroncoBJ
08-02-2010, 12:08 AM
Yep, he would be considered the starter and get credit for the win or loss.

Thats what I figured since hes obviously the starter in that game since he started. I can just picture though, Orton on the sideline ready to go in the game. And the Broncos return the opening kickoff and get a great return to the opponents 5 yardline. And then Tebow comes in for the Redzone package or whatever and Tebow starts. :lol: Would be funny. Suppose that happens in the Jags game. People would explode on here.

topscribe
08-02-2010, 12:13 AM
;) So...You're one of those who hated the old uniforms, huh?!

Man, I saw the first game the Broncos ever played on 9 Sept 1960. It was on
TV - mainly because it was the first AFL game ever played, and the network
was taking advantage of the novelty, I'm sure, because very few of the
succeeding AFL games made television for quite a while after that.

But the game was in B&W, of course. Color TV was still a few years into the
future. What I'm getting at is that, watching it on TV, I had no idea what
colors those socks were. Had I known, I might still be a Packers fan. :lol:

But I'm afraid with this I've derailed the thread a little . . . :focus:

-----

oubronco
08-02-2010, 01:24 PM
I voted next year but don't really think he will, there was no 2 yr option

BroncoWave
08-02-2010, 01:28 PM
I voted next year but don't really think he will, there was no 2 yr option

Unless he is a colossal bust, I don't see any way that he is not starting by next season. First round QB's NEVER sit on the bench for more than a year unless they are behind a great player (like Rogers behind Favre) or unless they are a bust. Option 1 doesn't apply to us and hopefully option 2 won't.