PDA

View Full Version : Denver profiled tonight on Total Access

BOSSHOGG30
06-24-2008, 12:34 PM
fyi.... Don't forget to watch

BOSSHOGG30
06-24-2008, 12:38 PM
32 teams in 32 days will highlight the Broncos tonight.
#17 in the NFL.com fan power rankings

girler
06-24-2008, 12:40 PM

What time?

ssgtwc
06-24-2008, 12:42 PM
7:00 Eastern
6:00 Central

shank
06-24-2008, 01:06 PM
thanks boss

Retired_Member_001
06-24-2008, 01:23 PM
I was wondering today when they would do us.

I'm glad it's time.

claymore
06-24-2008, 01:24 PM
Thanks Boss.

LordTrychon
06-24-2008, 01:36 PM
I'll be at work and then immediately leaving for Denver.

I'm counting on a great write up from you guys. :salute:

BOSSHOGG30
06-24-2008, 01:37 PM

You don't have TIVO?! What is wrong with you!

just kidding... you can count on us :D :beer:

Benetto
06-24-2008, 01:46 PM
NFL.com replays all total access stuff on the video links.

GEM
06-24-2008, 05:34 PM

Hell yea! I can listen to that on my way home from work! :rockon:

claymore
06-24-2008, 06:20 PM
I hate Bret Favre........... and the Detroit game mad me throw up in my mouth. :tsk:

shank
06-24-2008, 08:08 PM
for those who missed it, they did game recaps, and clinton portis showed how the stretch play works...

i'm glad i tuned in, i was on the edge of my seat :coffee:

BOSSHOGG30
06-24-2008, 08:40 PM
Show was weak! What the heck... gotta love this time of the year.

Lonestar
06-24-2008, 09:53 PM

that is an understatement and porti$$$$$ give me a ******* break.. what a maroon!!!!

It was good to see some of the plays.. reinforces my thoughts on how incredibly fortunate they were not to been 3-13..

Timmy!
06-24-2008, 10:18 PM
that is an understatement and porti$$$$$ give me a ******* break.. what a maroon!!!!

It was good to see some of the plays.. reinforces my thoughts on how incredibly fortunate they were not to been 3-13..

Or 9-7 (Chicago & Green Bay) :rolleyes:

slim
06-24-2008, 10:19 PM

It's NFLN, what did you expect?

slim
06-24-2008, 10:20 PM

Wow...that almost sounds like a compliment to Shanny.

I said ALMOST.

tubby
06-24-2008, 10:56 PM
It's on again at 11pm MDT.

broncosfanscott
06-24-2008, 11:35 PM

#17.....that's it. I thought with our fanbase we would be higher. :confused:

NightTrainLayne
06-24-2008, 11:39 PM
Clinton Portis is a Douche-bag.

That is all.

slim
06-24-2008, 11:44 PM
Clinton Portis is a Douche-bag.

That is all.

I was never a fan....just saying.

Lonestar
06-25-2008, 12:04 AM
Wow...that almost sounds like a compliment to Shanny.

I said ALMOST.

he is a great coach considering the talent left on the team.. from absolutely not backup talent to rookies or second year men, he seems to have worked miracles.. Lets see how the rookies and FAs acquired this year meld into the team.. Along with the injured players coming back.. time will tell how fast all of those changes work together..

I suspect it will not be till after the bye week and then it may to late for a playoff run..

NameUsedBefore
06-25-2008, 12:12 AM
10 minutes in and it's like they couldn't do anything with the episode so they threw in as much fluff as possible. Chad Johnson the cellphone? Cool... Clinton Portis slowly, prenouncing, his, words, as, he, reads, them? Cool...

Bleh.

topscribe
06-25-2008, 12:12 AM

Yep, we both need one.

-----

topscribe
06-25-2008, 12:16 AM
Or 9-7 (Chicago & Green Bay) :rolleyes:

Hmmm . . . 9-7. No Clady, and probably no playoff.

Didn't turn out all bad . . .

-----

Lonestar
06-25-2008, 12:21 AM
10 minutes in and it's like they couldn't do anything with the episode so they threw in as much fluff as possible. Chad Johnson the cellphone? Cool... Clinton Portis slowly, prenouncing, his, words, as, he, reads, them? Cool...

Bleh.

Was not aware he got past "U" in the alphabet...

tubby
06-25-2008, 12:23 AM
I was never a fan....just saying.

Yeah, especially after he scored 5 touchdowns against a 13-1 KC team.

WARHORSE
06-25-2008, 12:26 AM
What are the experts for anyway if not for proving wrong....:coffee:

Broncos baybee.

Come January, we'll be lookin in the rear view mirror at the rest of the AFC West.

Eat my dust.........

jrelway
06-25-2008, 09:59 AM
from what i know, clinton portis has never got into any trouble while on the broncos, nor was he a distraction to the team. he picked up nicely when t.davis was out for good. broncos shipped him out, not because he wanted out. so why all the hatred for ol clinton?

claymore
06-25-2008, 10:10 AM
from what i know, clinton portis has never got into any trouble while on the broncos, nor was he a distraction to the team. he picked up nicely when t.davis was out for good. broncos shipped him out, not because he wanted out. so why all the hatred for ol clinton?Dude that talked smack to an opposing team and would back it up. We should have paid him, instead we traded him. great move,........ NOT!

jrelway
06-25-2008, 10:12 AM
dont get me wrong, i would much rather have bailey. but i still have love for clinton. 5 tds in one game!! against a chef team that was strong that year.

claymore
06-25-2008, 10:14 AM
dont get me wrong, i would much rather have bailey. but i still have love for clinton. 5 tds in one game!! against a chef team that was strong that year.Not me. We could keep the opposing offense off the field with CP. Maybe if we had some sort of Dline and some decent safties the trade would have been worth it. To me atleast.

NightTrainLayne
06-25-2008, 10:17 AM
from what i know, clinton portis has never got into any trouble while on the broncos, nor was he a distraction to the team. he picked up nicely when t.davis was out for good. broncos shipped him out, not because he wanted out. so why all the hatred for ol clinton?

I had to turn on the closed-captioning to understand the words coming out of his mouth.

Dude has the worst mush-mouth speech I've ever heard on television.

He's a fine athlete, and seems to be a fine person. He is not, however, meant for television commentating.

OMorange&blue
06-25-2008, 11:13 AM

Actually he was demanding a new contract and threatening to hold out. Had all the makings of a brutal media shit storm.

Lonestar
06-25-2008, 11:20 AM

Other than the sideline stunts he pulled the last one that I know about being the gold belt buckle one.. Something that mikey does not like much.. then the demand to have a new contract wanting to be the highest paid RB in the league. His whining tot eh paper and then rescinding it and then the I want to be traded crap.. Your correct he was never a distraction.

Unless you count him calling Den a cow town once he was out of town in WAS. Stated at the time he had never wanted to go to DEN.

No hate for poorti$$$$ on my part just good riddance to a malcontent money grubbing clown..

MHCBill
06-25-2008, 11:29 AM
Because most of us don't like flamboyance.

Lonestar
06-25-2008, 11:32 AM
Because most of us don't like DUMB flamboyance.

Edited for accuarcy..

slim
06-25-2008, 11:40 AM
Because most of us don't like flamboyance.

Pretty much. He is a good RB and I appreciate what he can do on the field. I just don't like the guy.

shank
06-25-2008, 01:08 PM
i liked CP a lot more than T-Hen.

on the show, he seemed to have a little love left for the broncos, i'm sure he regrets leaving, he could have remained a great back here instead of becoming pretty average in WAS.

Requiem / The Dagda
06-25-2008, 01:26 PM
I don't know why people hate Portis either. Portis is a boss.

topscribe
06-25-2008, 01:30 PM
I don't know why people hate Portis either. Portis is a boss.

I have to agree. I don't like showboats. And I think he got greedy (so has
about everyone else). But he is a good RB. And I have not heard reports of
his beating up his other half or snorting coke or shooting up roids.

And he brought us Champ. Plus a second, that eventually brought us Bly.

Hell, his picture should be hanging over the scoreboard.

-----

Retired_Member_001
06-25-2008, 01:56 PM
Is it just me or does Portis DEFINITELY NOT have a future on TV? He just looks too awkward on the TV.

jrelway
06-25-2008, 02:46 PM
the way clinton played for us, i dont blame him for wanting more $$ or a better contract..this is normal these days. as for the sideline stuff, he backed up all of his talk most of the time. almost reminded me of a certain big mouthed TE we had named sharpe. both talked smack, both backed it up. i miss the swagger we had back then.

Lonestar
06-25-2008, 02:49 PM
the way clinton played for us, i dont blame him for wanting more $$ or a better contract..this is normal these days. as for the sideline stuff, he backed up all of his talk most of the time. almost reminded me of a certain big mouthed TE we had named sharpe. both talked smack, both backed it up. i miss the swagger we had back then.

I missed the rest of the team we had back then.. poorti$$$$$ was lucky he came to DEN IMO

Kaylore
06-25-2008, 03:47 PM

on the show, he seemed to have a little love left for the broncos, i'm sure he regrets leaving, he could have remained a great back here instead of becoming pretty average in WAS.

I got that too. I think he realizes he had a pretty good thing going here. I also think he realizes he would have won a lot more games here.

Lonestar
06-25-2008, 04:45 PM
I got that too. I think he realizes he had a pretty good thing going here. I also think he realizes he would have won a lot more games here.

Maybe even a few rushing titles and he damned sure would not have gotten the crap beat out of him like in WAS..

But he was always a few bricks short of a shit house..

shank
06-25-2008, 04:46 PM
Maybe even a few rushing titles and he damned sure would not have gotten the crap beat out of him like in WAS..

But he was always a few bricks short of a shit house..

lol, why would you wanna be a shit house? :D:laugh:

Lonestar
06-25-2008, 04:47 PM
lol, why would you wanna be a shit house? :D:laugh:

coming from the U to DEN is always a step up..

shank
06-25-2008, 04:49 PM
coming from the U to DEN is always a step up..

and WAS is a big step down, especially for a RB. (where i'd say any other team is a step down for a running back).

i just got the idea that he realizes what he had here, now that it's gone.

Lonestar
06-25-2008, 04:54 PM
and WAS is a big step down, especially for a RB. (where i'd say any other team is a step down for a running back).

i just got the idea that he realizes what he had here, now that it's gone.

on this we will have to agree to disagree..

Npba900
06-25-2008, 08:55 PM

Yeah, he could have put a couple of 1600-1800 yard seasons with 15-25 TD's.

Oh well imgaine having Cutler, Marshall, Portis, Ashley, and Walker. Not a bad line up. Just wasn't meant to be. Shanahan sure knows how to assemble offensive talent.

hamrob
06-26-2008, 10:07 AM
Does anyone know when the NFL Channel will post this clip on their web site?

Mike
06-26-2008, 10:24 AM
Does anyone know when the NFL Channel will post this clip on their web site?

No. But, honestly, after watching it...it wasn't worth my time. They basically looked back at most of last season's games. Pretty pathetic coverage, given how much time they could really devote to teams instead of using the filler that they put in the show.

hamrob
06-26-2008, 01:00 PM
Thanks Mike!