PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Consistency Speaks For Itself; The HOF Still Reaks

TheSportsGuru
06-24-2008, 11:02 AM
A look at just how consistent the Broncos have been over the past 38 years....

http://www.milehighreport.com/2008/6/24/557750/broncos-consistentcy-speak

turftoad
06-24-2008, 11:13 AM
The Hall does reak. Small town market I would guess.

topscribe
06-24-2008, 11:26 AM
Yes, and to think, until Elway's nomination less than a handful of years back,
Denver's tally was a big goose egg.

Thanks for the article, Guru. I'm going to try to find time to listen to you live
this evening. :beer:

-----

topscribe
06-24-2008, 11:37 AM
Yes, and to think, until Elway's nomination less than a handful of years back,
Denver's tally was a big goose egg.

Thanks for the article, Guru. I'm going to try to find time to listen to you live
this evening. :beer:

-----

I mean tomorrow evening. :doh:

-----

lex
06-24-2008, 12:24 PM
A look at just how consistent the Broncos have been over the past 38 years....

http://www.milehighreport.com/2008/6/24/557750/broncos-consistentcy-speak

Wow, the more ways you look at it, the worse it looks. BTW, you misspelled "came" in the first sentence.

Lonestar
06-24-2008, 01:14 PM
I have said it many times before it is the division we are in and being a "small" TV city..

We get almost NO national TV coverage.. The vast majority of the HOF voters are every where BUT in the rocky mountains..

We only get national coverage when playing the east or west coast teams which dominate the league..

on the east coast we have the following teams:

Eastern time zone total 17 teams
NE, BUF, PIT, MIA, NYJ, NYG, BAL, PHL, WAS, ATL, CAR, TPA, IND, JAX, DET, CIN, CLE

Central 9
DAL, NOL, KC, TEN, HOU, MIN, STL, GB, CHI

Mountain 2
DEN, PHX

PAcific 4
SAN, OAK, SEA, SFO

26 of the 32 NFL teams are east coast teams per se. Or play to the east coast media

As you can see the vast majority of voters are deeply embedded with those teams playing against the east coast teams With DAL playing the WAS, NYG, PHL twice a year. MIN playing in the NFC which is more east coast dominated all but ONE real team east of the Mississippi and SFO being such a dominant successful Superbowl team in the 80 and 90's.

It does not take a brain surgeon to see how DEN players have been overlooked they are flat not seen by the voters unless it is a MNF game and many on the east coast Will go to bed before seeing the whole game if one of there teams are not playing..

topscribe
06-24-2008, 01:22 PM
I have said it many times before it is the division we are in and being a "small" TV city..

We get almost NO national TV coverage.. The vast majority of the HOF voters are every where BUT in the rocky mountains..

We only get national coverage when playing the east or west coast teams which dominate the league..

on the east coast we have the following teams:

Eastern time zone total 17 teams
NE, BUF, PIT, MIA, NYJ, NYG, BAL, PHL, WAS, ATL, CAR, TPA, IND, JAX, DET, CIN, CLE

Central 9
DAL, NOL, KC, TEN, HOU, MIN, STL, GB, CHI

Mountain 2
DEN, PHX

PAcific 4
SAN, OAK, SEA, SFO

26 of the 32 NFL teams are east coast teams per se. Or play to the east coast media

As you can see the vast majority of voters are deeply embedded with those teams playing against the east coast teams With DAL playing the WAS, NYG, PHL twice a year. MIN playing in the NFC which is more east coast dominated all but ONE real team east of the Mississippi and SFO being such a dominant successful Superbowl team in the 80 and 90's.

It does not take a brain surgeon to see how DEN players have been overlooked they are flat not seen by the voters unless it is a MNF game and many on the east coast Will go to bed before seeing the whole game if one of there teams are not playing..

Well then, it looks like a very bad system . . .

-----

broncosfanscott
06-24-2008, 11:52 PM
I mean tomorrow evening. :doh:

-----

You definatly should.....it is a good show. If you can't listen live then you can get the show on podcast.

topscribe
06-24-2008, 11:59 PM
You definatly should.....it is a good show. If you can't listen live then you can get the show on podcast.

Yes, I've been downloading the show for a few weeks now. I am hoping to
catch it live tomorrow night if I don't have to work. If I'm there and posting,
you will see me as AZDynamics. http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

-----

broncosfanscott
06-25-2008, 12:12 AM
Yes, I've been downloading the show for a few weeks now. I am hoping to
catch it live tomorrow night if I don't have to work. If I'm there and posting,
you will see me as AZDynamics. http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

-----

Cool. I will be out of town so I won't be there live, however I usually am there live and am posting in the chat room under weazel. Hopefully I'll see you there one of these days.

topscribe
06-25-2008, 12:19 AM
Cool. I will be out of town so I won't be there live, however I usually am there live and am posting in the chat room under weazel. Hopefully I'll see you there one of these days.

I've seen you before! http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

-----

NameUsedBefore
06-25-2008, 12:21 AM
I remember when I first got into football being totally amazed that Denver didn't even have anyone in the Hall of Fame. Elway's in it now, but when I was learning my "Broncos lore", seeing a team that had gone to the Super Bowl six times and won two of them having nobody in the HoF just made no sense.

And it still doesn't.

broncosfanscott
06-25-2008, 12:27 AM
I remember when I first got into football being totally amazed that Denver didn't even have anyone in the Hall of Fame. Elway's in it now, but when I was learning my "Broncos lore", seeing a team that had gone to the Super Bowl six times and won two of them having nobody in the HoF just made no sense.

And it still doesn't.

I am dumfounded myself and that is why Shannon Sharpe better get in on the first try (which he should) or the voters are a total joke.