PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow will not make $33 million

T.K.O.
07-29-2010, 08:19 PM
Tim Tebow will not make $33 million
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on July 29, 2010 7:44 PM ET
Turning water into wine might be easier than turning Tim Tebow's five-year contract into a $33 million deal.

The Broncos signed the No. 25 overall pick to a contract with a base package of $11.25 million, and an "absolute maximum" of $33 million.

To get close to all that money, a source with knowledge of the situation said Tebow will "have to make Peyton Manning look like a fool."

Tebow's incentives are broken down into playing time and performance escalators. If Tebow can reach every playing time trigger and become the consistent starting quarterback (possibly soon), he could make up to $24 million over five years.

Another $9 million is tied up in escalators for difficult goals like Pro Bowls, playoff wins, and Super Bowl appearances.

Our understanding is that Tebow's camp was willing to take $11.25 million as the base salary because they expect he will become the starting quarterback and that number will become moot.

Now all Tebow has to do is prove Josh McDaniels right, and prove just about everyone else wrong.

.................................................. .................................................. ...
did'nt want this to be lost in the other "tebow signs" thread as it is important and should help calm those who thought the team was over paying the rook:salute:

Lonestar
07-29-2010, 08:40 PM
It will make no difference to some. They will cling to "Josh is overpaying a rookie, but would not pay jay bm or marshall" mantra.

Wait and see.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

T.K.O.
07-29-2010, 08:53 PM
It will make no difference to some. They will cling to "Josh is overpaying a rookie, but would not pay jay bm or marshall" mantra.

Wait and see.

sounds like he would have to qb the team to the superbowl at least once in that 5 years....i doubt we would see alot of people upset at him earning that 33 mil:laugh:
not to mention tebow was the 2nd qb drafted in 2010,and his puny 12 to 33 mil will be pocket change compared to the "biggest contract in nfl history" that the rams are reportedly working on for bradford:salute:

topscribe
07-29-2010, 09:17 PM
Before Manning . . . Tebow will have to make Orton look like a fool. That may
not be easy the first year or two. Orton is not simply going to hand it over so
Tebow can make the kind of money Orton certainly feels he should be making.

Gentlemen, start your engines . . .

-----

BroncoWave
07-29-2010, 09:32 PM
Orton's not going to be here for 2 more years.

topscribe
07-29-2010, 09:40 PM
Orton's not going to be here for 2 more years.

You don't know that. And please do not come back with some kind of rebuttal to that.

Because you don't know that. I don't know that. Orton doesn't even know that.

Can the predictions, please.

-----

BroncoWave
07-29-2010, 09:44 PM
You don't know that. And please do not come back with some kind of rebuttal to that.

Because you don't know that. I don't know that. Orton doesn't even know that.

Can the predictions, please.

-----

Unless he is willing to come back as a backup for less money, I do know that.

topscribe
07-29-2010, 09:47 PM
Unless he is willing to come back as a backup for less money, I do know that.

No you don't. You might think you do, but you don't. You don''t know what is
going to happen. I don't know what is going to happen. McD doesn't know what
is going to happen. Mr. Bowlen doesn't know what is going to happen. Orton
doesn't know what is going to happen. So you certainly don't . . .

-----

broncophan
07-29-2010, 09:49 PM
sounds like he would have to qb the team to the superbowl at least once in that 5 years....i doubt we would see alot of people upset at him earning that 33 mil:laugh:
not to mention tebow was the 2nd qb drafted in 2010,and his puny 12 to 33 mil will be pocket change compared to the "biggest contract in nfl history" that the rams are reportedly working on for bradford:salute:

I know he has not even taken a snap yet....but I would like to think/hope he would lead the team to a superbowl once over the next 5 years....wonder what the odds would be??......30 to 1?.....I dunno.....

BroncoWave
07-29-2010, 09:49 PM
If McD was planning on keeping Orton past this year, he would have given him a multi-year deal like he did Kuper and Dumervil. He also wouldn't have picked a QB in the first round. I know you love Orton but unless something crazy happens, this is his last year as a Bronco.

Jagsbch
07-29-2010, 09:58 PM
Turning water into wine might be easier than turning Tim Tebow's five-year contract into a $33 million deal.

The Broncos signed the No. 25 overall pick to a contract with a base package of $11.25 million, and an "absolute maximum" of $33 million.

To get close to all that money, a source with knowledge of the situation said Tebow will "have to make Peyton Manning look like a fool."

Didn't Peyton look like a fool his rookie season?

Who was the most decorated quarterback in college football history Tebow or Peyton? How many national championships was Peyton part of?

topscribe
07-29-2010, 10:00 PM
If McD was planning on keeping Orton past this year, he would have given him a multi-year deal like he did Kuper and Dumervil. He also wouldn't have picked a QB in the first round. I know you love Orton but unless something crazy happens, this is his last year as a Bronco.

My mind always goes back to the Maddox selection. Picked in the first round.
When Elway was the QB.

I love Orton. I love Quinn. I love Tebow. So, yes, you should know that since
I have rooted for the Denver Broncos for longer than maybe your daddy knew
who they were. So please do not go that route. I don't need that kind of shit
from you or anyone else.

I am only saying that no one knows what is going to happen. I am positive
McDaniels did not go up to Orton and say, "One more year, and you're gone."
He's letting them compete. The likelihood is that Tebow will eventually end up
as the starting QB. But he has a long way to go - and that is not just me
saying that, but McDaniels himself.

For the record, I have stated that I don't expect Orton to be here more than
one or two years. But Orton vowed that he is going to present the Broncos
with some very tough decisions. So it doesn't sound as if he yet has his house
up for sale. We'll have to see . . . that's all I'm saying . . .

-----

topscribe
07-29-2010, 10:03 PM
Didn't Peyton look like a fool his rookie season?

Who was the most decorated quarterback in college football history Tebow or Peyton? How many national championships was Peyton part of?

Yes, and Steve Spurrier, who won the Heisman, was far more successful in
college than Tom Brady. Who became the "elite" QB in the NFL?

This isn't college . . .

But from your quote, it looks as if you're debating with Greg Rosenthal, not T.K.O.

-----

BroncoWave
07-29-2010, 10:09 PM
When Elway was the QB.

I love Orton. I love Quinn. I love Tebow. So, yes, you should know that since
I have rooted for the Denver Broncos for longer than maybe your daddy knew
who they were. So please do not go that route. I don't need that kind of shit
from you or anyone else.

I am only saying that no one knows what is going to happen. I am positive
McDaniels did not go up to Orton and say, "One more year, and you're gone."
He's letting them compete. The likelihood is that Tebow will eventually end up
as the starting QB. But he has a long way to go - and that is not just me
saying that, but McDaniels himself.

For the record, I have stated that I don't expect Orton to be here more than
one or two years. But Orton vowed that he is going to present the Broncos
with some very tough decisions. So it doesn't sound as if he yet has his house
up for sale. We'll have to see . . . that's all I'm saying . . .

-----

This really has nothing in common with the Tommy Maddox situation at all. Maddox was drafted when Elway was in the prime of a Hall of Fame career. I think even you will admit that Orton is nowhere close to that level.

And I have no idea where that second paragraph came from. Sensitive much? I never questioned your love for the Broncos or any of our current players. I'm not sure how you even got that out of my post. I also don't see how any of that has to do with whether or not Orton will be here next season. Please enlighten me on how that's connected.

I just think it's pretty obvious from the moves made this offseason that Orton is not in Denver's long term plans. Obviously McD is not going to tell him "one more year and you're gone", that would be a stupid thing to say. That doesn't mean in the back of his mind he isn't thinking "This is Orton's last year unless he busts out and becomes a top flight QB" though.

I mean come on, look at it objectively. Do you really think he would have picked Tebow in the first round when we had many other needs if Orton was in his long term plans? I think not.

topscribe
07-29-2010, 10:13 PM
This really has nothing in common with the Tommy Maddox situation at all. Maddox was drafted when Elway was in the prime of a Hall of Fame career. I think even you will admit that Orton is nowhere close to that level.

And I have no idea where that second paragraph came from. Sensitive much? I never questioned your love for the Broncos or any of our current players. I'm not sure how you even got that out of my post. I also don't see how any of that has to do with whether or not Orton will be here next season. Please enlighten me on how that's connected.

I just think it's pretty obvious from the moves made this offseason that Orton is not in Denver's long term plans. Obviously McD is not going to tell him "one more year and you're gone", that would be a stupid thing to say. That doesn't mean in the back of his mind he isn't thinking "This is Orton's last year unless he busts out and becomes a top flight QB" though.

I mean come on, look at it objectively. Do you really think he would have picked Tebow in the first round when we had many other needs if Orton was in his long term plans? I think not.

You said, "I know you love Orton." Now tell me, what does THAT have to do
with whether or not Orton will be here next season. So you said it first: So
what DOES it have to do whether Orton will be here next season? You first.

And I don't know what you are arguing about. Let me repeat . . . and try to
read more carefully this time:

I have stated that I don't expect Orton to be here more than one or two years.

So what are you arguing with?

-----

BroncoWave
07-29-2010, 10:15 PM
You said, "I know you love Orton." Now tell me, what does THAT have to do
with whether or not Orton will be here next season. So you said it first: So
what DOES it have to do whether Orton will be here next season? You first.

And I don't know what you are arguing about. Let me repeat . . . and try to
read more carefully this time:

I have stated that I don't expect Orton to be here more than one or two years.

So what are you arguing with?

-----

You started this argument, so since you agree with me then what are YOU arguing with?

topscribe
07-29-2010, 10:17 PM
You started this argument, so since you agree with me then what are YOU arguing with?

I did not start anything. You made the prediction. I replied you do not know,
that nobody knows. You chose to argue with that, for some reason. I don't
know why. How is that debatable? :noidea:

-----

BroncoWave
07-29-2010, 10:19 PM
This is silly. :lol:

topscribe
07-29-2010, 10:22 PM
This is silly. :lol:

Most of our debates always have been BTB. I believe you're a good kid. I really do.

But we're like oil and water. I can't figure it out. :whoknows:

Maybe we can just make the fireworks interesting. Work together to keep some
excitement on the board during this miserably boring offseason . . . :beer:

-----

BroncoWave
07-29-2010, 10:25 PM
Most of our debates always have been BTB. I believe you're a good kid. I really do.

But we're like oil and water. I can't figure it out. :whoknows:

Maybe we can just make the fireworks interesting. Work together to keep some
excitement on the board during this miserably boring offseason . . . :beer:

-----

I love debating with you top. It's boring enough during the offseason, it would be worse if everyone had the same personality and agreed on everything.

Plus the offseason makes me kinda jittery and trollish. I'm more agreeable when the season starts, unless we're losing that is! :lol:

GGMoogly
07-29-2010, 10:29 PM
In solidarity with Tim Tebow:

...(ahem)...

GGMoogly will also not make $33 million.
:whoknows:

BroncoWave
07-29-2010, 10:30 PM

...(ahem)...

Nor will any of us! :lol:

Given those incentives though, I'm sure we all hope that Tebow gets every penny of that 33 million!

dogfish
07-29-2010, 11:14 PM

But he WILL get to go to Disneyworld. :cool:

dogfish
07-29-2010, 11:16 PM

...(ahem)...

way to be a team player! here's a beer:

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/4448/beere.jpg (http://img210.imageshack.us/i/beere.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Italianmobstr7
07-30-2010, 12:20 AM
Orton needs to have a career year, and I mean a CAREER year to have a chance of being the starter next year. That or Tebow has to be really, really terrible. Neither will happen IMO. I wouldn't even be surprised if Tebow is starting at some point this season. There's nothing "special" about Orton. I agree w/ BTB, we didn't draft Tebow to sit the bench. We haven't re-signed Orton for a reason. He may be a Bronco next year, but it's doubtful and I mean REALLY doubtful that he's the starter here. Top is right, we really don't KNOW, but I'll go ahead and predict that what I've stated will be the case.

Tned
07-30-2010, 07:02 AM
When Elway was the QB.

-----

It was believed by many that Maddox was picked, because Reeves wanted to trade Elway.

Traveler
07-30-2010, 08:15 AM
It was believed by many that Maddox was picked, because Reeves wanted to trade Elway.

Backed by the fact that Reeves did talk with Joe Gibbs about trading Elway.

See article below...

FEUD ALMOST FUELED '91 ELWAY TRADE TO REDSKINS

Source: Clay Latimer
News Staff Writer

In 1991 the feud between John Elway and Dan Reeves had escalated to the point that Reeves even discussed a trade with Washington coach Joe Gibbs that would have sent Elway to the Redskins.

Reeves insisted Gibbs had broached the idea.

" I was aware that there had been discussions between Gibbs and Dan,'' owner Pat Bowlen said later. "I just said, There's no way we're going to do the deal. Forget it. So it never got off the talking-on-the-telephone stage.''

Elway, however, believes the talks were serious. Following the 1991 season, he spoke with former Washington running back Earnest Byner, who informed him of the details.

"(Byner) said, `I thought you were going to be a Redskin,' '' Elway said. "I said, `What are you talking about? So I got him to tell me the whole story. When I heard about it, it didn't surprise me.''

Elway contacted his agent, who after some phone calls, verified the story.

Many of Elway's teammates took the quarterback's side as tensions mounted, especially when it came to Reeves' conservative offense.

"It's a crime,'' linebacker Karl Mecklenburg said. "We grind it out, and every once in a while John would get to do something spectacular in the last two minutes.''

Added wide receiver Steve Watson, who retired in 1987: ``I called it the Edsel system.''

http://nl.newsbank.com/SiteLinks/doc/RM/0EB4ECFF90B97C92.html

topscribe
07-30-2010, 10:07 AM
Orton needs to have a career year, and I mean a CAREER year to have a chance of being the starter next year. That or Tebow has to be really, really terrible. Neither will happen IMO. I wouldn't even be surprised if Tebow is starting at some point this season. There's nothing "special" about Orton. I agree w/ BTB, we didn't draft Tebow to sit the bench. We haven't re-signed Orton for a reason. He may be a Bronco next year, but it's doubtful and I mean REALLY doubtful that he's the starter here. Top is right, we really don't KNOW, but I'll go ahead and predict that what I've stated will be the case.

Players don't get drafted in the first round to become backups. What is likely to
happen is that Tebow will eventually be the starter here and Orton somewhere
else. That's what happened in San Diego: Rivers ended up starting, and Brees
was gone - it didn't make a difference how good Brees was.

Rivers, however, had to show the Chargers how good he was and was going
to be, and now that is up to Tebow. So it is more than the Broncos'
intentions at stake here. It is performance: Orton's and Tebow's.

The Broncos did not draft Tebow to play Tebow. They drafted Tebow to win
games. Now, if Orton plays lights out this year, and the Broncos go deep into
the playoffs, then upcoming will be some tough decisions, and part of it will
be Tebow's development.

While Tebow is a first-rounder, he still has to prove himself. The Broncos
expect great things out of him, to be sure: But I am sure they are very well
aware of the history of first-round QBs: Not only Manning and Rivers, but also
Spurrier, Leaf, Couch, Alex Smith, etc. So being selected in the first round
does not assure greatness. Neither does performance in college, no matter
how great that was. How one performs in the NFL is what assures greatness
in the NFL.

I expect that, no matter how well Orton plays this year, he is gone, either
next year or the year following - depending on Tebow's development. I can be
almost certain of one thing: Orton is not going to settle for being a backup. I
can say that because he has already said as much.

Despite probabilities, it is all speculation. Tebow could become a HOF QB, or
he could finish his career as a TE. Orton could go to the Pro Bowl, or he could
find another ankle to injure somewhere. Or (more likely) somewhere in the
middle for both players.

So that brings us in full circle back to square one. In the end, we'll see . . .

-----

topscribe
07-30-2010, 10:14 AM

See article below...

News Staff Writer

In 1991 the feud between John Elway and Dan Reeves had escalated to the point that Reeves even discussed a trade with Washington coach Joe Gibbs that would have sent Elway to the Redskins.

" I was aware that there had been discussions between Gibbs and Dan,'' owner Pat Bowlen said later. "I just said, There's no way we're going to do the deal. Forget it. So it never got off the talking-on-the-telephone stage.''

Elway, however, believes the talks were serious. Following the 1991 season, he spoke with former Washington running back Earnest Byner, who informed him of the details.

"(Byner) said, `I thought you were going to be a Redskin,' '' Elway said. "I said, `What are you talking about? So I got him to tell me the whole story. When I heard about it, it didn't surprise me.''

Many of Elway's teammates took the quarterback's side as tensions mounted, especially when it came to Reeves' conservative offense.

"It's a crime,'' linebacker Karl Mecklenburg said. "We grind it out, and every once in a while John would get to do something spectacular in the last two minutes.''

Added wide receiver Steve Watson, who retired in 1987: ``I called it the Edsel system.''

Yes, I know fully well what happened with the Trade That Never Was and why.
I was 46 at the time. But the fact of it is, the first-rounder finally went on his
way and the incumbent stayed. In the process of this over-analysis, the
point has been lost.

And there is much more to what I said than just this issue. So to carve that
out and work it to death is very unproductive - but no surprise since that
happens regularly here.

-----

Traveler
07-30-2010, 10:19 AM
I was 46 at the time. But the fact of it is, the first-rounder finally went on his
point has been lost.

happens regularly here.

-----

"If you offend another, you are often wrong. If you become offended, you are always wrong." - Ronald L. Dart

Couldn't resist!;) Just messing with you Top.

Both you and Tned made solid points, therefore, both of you are right.

Ravage!!!
07-30-2010, 10:20 AM
But the incumbent was John Elway... not Orton. The difference here is... what do you lose if you put Tebow in and trade away Orton? The answer... Orton. Who cares? Its not like he's a QB you can't replace with 20 other guys already in the NFL. John Elway, not so much.

So there really is no parallel, imo. Its completely different. I also feel 100% that Orton will NOT be here next season (unless of course, there is some career ending injury to Tebow...and even then its most possible). Say thats just a prediction and that I don't " know"...but I know.

As far as the OP. I don't care what Tebow makes. He either lives up to his name, in which he's worth the money, or he doesn't and will be traded long before the rest of that money is coming.

Personally, I hope he earns every dime...but he won't. He'll never be that kind of QB. But hey, here's to hoping! :beer:

Tned
07-30-2010, 10:21 AM
point has been lost.

happens regularly here.

-----

FWIW, I think I posted a one sentence comment about Reeve's wanting to trade Elway. Not sure that qualifies as working it to death.

As to Orton being a starter. I'm sure he wants to be a starter going forward, but that will be largely out of his control. If the Broncos are ready to move on without him, then he will only be a starter if other teams with starting jobs open view him as a starter. Who knows what will happen next year or the year after. Tebow could be a flop and Orton could be a late bloomer and turn into Manning or Montana.

Traveler
07-30-2010, 10:25 AM
FWIW, I think I posted a one sentence comment about Reeve's wanting to trade Elway. Not sure that qualifies as working it to death.

As to Orton being a starter. I'm sure he wants to be a starter going forward, but that will be largely out of his control. If the Broncos are ready to move on without him, then he will only be a starter if other teams with starting jobs open view him as a starter. Who knows what will happen next year or the year after. Tebow could be a flow and Orton could be a late bloomer and turn into Manning or Montana.

:eek:Almost choked on my donut!:D

topscribe
07-30-2010, 10:31 AM

As to Orton being a starter. I'm sure he wants to be a starter going forward, but that will be largely out of his control. If the Broncos are ready to move on without him, then he will only be a starter if other teams with starting jobs open view him as a starter. Who knows what will happen next year or the year after. Tebow could be a flow and Orton could be a late bloomer and turn into Manning or Montana.

Yes, I just said essentially that. That's what I thought I did, anyway . . .

-----

topscribe
07-30-2010, 10:34 AM
"If you offend another, you are often wrong. If you become offended, you are always wrong." - Ronald L. Dart

Couldn't resist!;) Just messing with you Top.

Both you and Tned made solid points, therefore, both of you are right.

That's right. I wasn't offended.

Although I believe that my point has been derailed because it was I who made it . . .

-----

Tned
07-30-2010, 10:47 AM
:eek:Almost choke on my donut!:D

That should have read, "Tebow could be a flop" not "flow", but I doubt that was the part you choked on. :lol:

Tned
07-30-2010, 10:48 AM
Yes, I just said essentially that. That's what I thought I did, anyway . . .

-----

Does that mean I'm not allowed to say it, too? ;)

topscribe
07-30-2010, 10:52 AM
Does that mean I'm not allowed to say it, too? ;)

Did I say that? I was only saying, "Yes, that's what I mentioned."

-----

T.K.O.
07-30-2010, 10:53 AM
But the incumbent was John Elway... not Orton. The difference here is... what do you lose if you put Tebow in and trade away Orton? The answer... Orton. Who cares? Its not like he's a QB you can't replace with 20 other guys already in the NFL. John Elway, not so much.

So there really is no parallel, imo. Its completely different. I also feel 100% that Orton will NOT be here next season (unless of course, there is some career ending injury to Tebow...and even then its most possible). Say thats just a prediction and that I don't " know"...but I know.

As far as the OP. I don't care what Tebow makes. He either lives up to his name, in which he's worth the money, or he doesn't and will be traded long before the rest of that money is coming.

Personally, I hope he earns every dime...but he won't. He'll never be that kind of QB. But hey, here's to hoping! :beer:

and the irony here is that John Elway himself see's a bright future for Tebow.....
so you think we should trade orton.....and put tebow in even though he'll never be a good nfl qb ?
i think i'll stick to the plan's and opinions of people who have been to multiple superbowls (and won) rather than go with that one:beer:

BroncoJoe
07-30-2010, 10:56 AM
All I have to say in this thread is:

I hope Tebow makes every dime of the $33 million.

arapaho2
07-30-2010, 10:57 AM

See article below...

News Staff Writer

kinda like 09....you know aside from reeves and elway working together for a few and cutler and mcd not

but reeves tried to trade a young gunslinger probolw qb ...not because of him not being talented, but because of personality issues, and he didnt fit his gring it system

bowlen got rid of the coach...kept the qb and won two superbowls

the new version
mcd didnt like cutler, not because he isnt talented, but because mcd wanted a former player

bowlen traded the qb, kept the coach...team stayed a .500 team

how will it play out?

topscribe
07-30-2010, 11:00 AM

Okay, now that several subsequent posts have been made, perhaps you can see
that I wasn't talking about you? Do you now see what I mean?

------

topscribe
07-30-2010, 11:02 AM
Players don't get drafted in the first round to become backups. What is likely to
happen is that Tebow will eventually be the starter here and Orton somewhere
else. That's what happened in San Diego: Rivers ended up starting, and Brees
was gone - it didn't make a difference how good Brees was.

Rivers, however, had to show the Chargers how good he was and was going
to be, and now that is up to Tebow. So it is more than the Broncos'
intentions at stake here. It is performance: Orton's and Tebow's.

The Broncos did not draft Tebow to play Tebow. They drafted Tebow to win
games. Now, if Orton plays lights out this year, and the Broncos go deep into
the playoffs, then upcoming will be some tough decisions, and part of it will
be Tebow's development.

While Tebow is a first-rounder, he still has to prove himself. The Broncos
expect great things out of him, to be sure: But I am sure they are very well
aware of the history of first-round QBs: Not only Manning and Rivers, but also
Spurrier, Leaf, Couch, Alex Smith, etc. So being selected in the first round
does not assure greatness. Neither does performance in college, no matter
how great that was. How one performs in the NFL is what assures greatness
in the NFL.

I expect that, no matter how well Orton plays this year, he is gone, either
next year or the year following - depending on Tebow's development. I can be
almost certain of one thing: Orton is not going to settle for being a backup. I
can say that because he has already said as much.

Despite probabilities, it is all speculation. Tebow could become a HOF QB, or
he could finish his career as a TE. Orton could go to the Pro Bowl, or he could
find another ankle to injure somewhere. Or (more likely) somewhere in the
middle for both players.

So that brings us in full circle back to square one. In the end, we'll see . . .

-----

Just trying to revive a lost point and get the thread back on track . . .

-----

Tned
07-30-2010, 11:04 AM
Did I say that? I was only saying, "Yes, that's what I mentioned."

-----

Notice the ;) in my post.

Okay, now that several subsequent posts have been made, perhaps you can see
that I wasn't talking about you? Do you now see what I mean?

------

I responded because you quoted me with the comment about digging really deep or whatever.

I don't have a dog in this fight.

topscribe
07-30-2010, 11:08 AM
Okay, now :focus:

-----

T.K.O.
07-30-2010, 11:09 AM
I don't have a dog in this fight.

dogfighting ?:tsk:

Tned
07-30-2010, 11:56 AM
dogfighting ?:tsk:

Gotta be like Mike!

Traveler
07-30-2010, 12:55 PM
gotta be like mike!

ouch!

Northman
07-30-2010, 01:00 PM
My magic 8 ball says Orton will not be here in two years.

Traveler
07-30-2010, 01:28 PM

Ms. Cleo says he's gone after this season.

JaxBroncoGirl
07-30-2010, 01:54 PM

Tebow's incentives are broken down into playing time and performance escalators. If Tebow can reach every playing time trigger and become the consistent starting quarterback (possibly soon), he could make up to $24 million over five years.

Another $9 million is tied up in escalators for difficult goals like Pro Bowls, playoff wins, and Super Bowl appearances.

Our understanding is that Tebow's camp was willing to take $11.25 million as the base salary because they expect he will become the starting quarterback and that number will become moot.

Now all Tebow has to do is prove Josh McDaniels right, and prove just about everyone else wrong.

.................................................. .................................................. ...
did'nt want this to be lost in the other "tebow signs" thread as it is important and should help calm those who thought the team was over paying the rook:salute:

I am glad it is over with and Tebow is on the field. Besides with his endorsements he will be just fine. Go Broncos:beer:

TXBRONC
07-30-2010, 02:19 PM

Ms. Cleo says he's gone after this season.

I KNOW you two are much more astute than having to resort to magic 8 balls and Ms Cleo. :lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
08-03-2010, 11:32 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncosheadlines/ci_15667056?source=rss&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter

The contract details on Broncos rookie quarterback Tim Tebow show his five-year deal really is worth $9.7125 million, not the $11.25 million the industry reports, according to a union source.

The difference is a one-time playing time bonus of $1.5375 million that the Players Association counts because it's "easy to earn." Almost all first rounders hit the one-time playing bonus, but Jarvis Moss, the Broncos' first-round pick in 2007, and Brady Quinn, a first-round pick for the Browns in 2007, are players who have yet to hit their one-time bonuses.

Tebow will be well on his way to his first NFL million on Friday, when the Broncos pay him a $975,000 advance, which will be counted as a signing bonus for prorated salary cap reasons.

Some details on the Tebow deal:

Base salary

2010: $1.295 million (fully guaranteed)

2011: $1.618.75 million (fully guaranteed)

2012: $1.942.5 million (fully guaranteed)

2013: $2.266.75 million (fully guaranteed)

2014: $2.590.5 million ($567,500 guaranteed)

Advance/Signing bonus

# $975,000 on Friday (salary reduced to $325,000)

# $6.775 million in March 2011 (salaries from 2011-14 reduced to offset advance)

One-time playing time bonus (contractually considered likely to be earned)

Tebow collects $1.537.5 million if he plays 35 percent of the offensive snaps in 2010, or 45 percent of the snaps in any of the seasons 2011-14. The bonus rolls over from year to year until Tebow reaches the playing-time threshold, and expires the first time he hits it.

Mid-tier incentives (Contractually considered unlikely to earn)

Value of Tebow's contract doubles from $11.25 million (including one-time playing time bonus) to $22.5 million if he reaches multiple thresholds, including:

# 55 percent playing time in two of his first three seasons, 2010-12, or 70 percent playing time in 2013.

# The Broncos make the playoffs, he reaches certain QB ranking thresholds, and receives unspecified honors.

Max value (contractually considered unlikely to earn)

The total value of Tebow's contract can escalate to $33 million if the Broncos reach the playoffs multiple times in his first four years, he has multiple top 5 QB rankings, and he has multiple league honors such as NFL MVP and Super Bowl MVP.

Lonestar
08-03-2010, 03:18 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncosheadlines/ci_15667056?source=rss&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter

The contract details on Broncos rookie quarterback Tim Tebow show his five-year deal really is worth $9.7125 million, not the $11.25 million the industry reports, according to a union source.

The difference is a one-time playing time bonus of $1.5375 million that the Players Association counts because it's "easy to earn." Almost all first rounders hit the one-time playing bonus, but Jarvis Moss, the Broncos' first-round pick in 2007, and Brady Quinn, a first-round pick for the Browns in 2007, are players who have yet to hit their one-time bonuses.

Tebow will be well on his way to his first NFL million on Friday, when the Broncos pay him a $975,000 advance, which will be counted as a signing bonus for prorated salary cap reasons.

Some details on the Tebow deal:

Base salary

2010: $1.295 million (fully guaranteed)

2011: $1.618.75 million (fully guaranteed)

2012: $1.942.5 million (fully guaranteed)

2013: $2.266.75 million (fully guaranteed)

2014: $2.590.5 million ($567,500 guaranteed)

Advance/Signing bonus

# $975,000 on Friday (salary reduced to $325,000)

# $6.775 million in March 2011 (salaries from 2011-14 reduced to offset advance)

One-time playing time bonus (contractually considered likely to be earned)

Tebow collects $1.537.5 million if he plays 35 percent of the offensive snaps in 2010, or 45 percent of the snaps in any of the seasons 2011-14. The bonus rolls over from year to year until Tebow reaches the playing-time threshold, and expires the first time he hits it.

Mid-tier incentives (Contractually considered unlikely to earn)

Value of Tebow's contract doubles from $11.25 million (including one-time playing time bonus) to $22.5 million if he reaches multiple thresholds, including:

# 55 percent playing time in two of his first three seasons, 2010-12, or 70 percent playing time in 2013.

# The Broncos make the playoffs, he reaches certain QB ranking thresholds, and receives unspecified honors.

Max value (contractually considered unlikely to earn)

The total value of Tebow's contract can. escalate to $33 million if the Broncos reach the playoffs multiple times in his first four years, he has multiple top 5 QB rankings, and he has multiple league honors such as NFL MVP and Super Bowl MVP.

I hope for the TEAMs sake he earns every dime of it.