PDA

View Full Version : What do you think the odd are of us carrying 3 QB's this year?

sneakers
08-28-2007, 08:51 PM
I know for the last couple of years we have only had 2 QB's on the roster, do you think this will be the same this year? Or do you see us keeping 3?

Tned
08-28-2007, 08:53 PM
Slim to none. Shanny has already shown his willingness to go with two. Add to that the fact he has a lot of young players that he probably doesn't want to risk trying to slip onto the PS, and I think he goes with two.

Lonestar
08-28-2007, 09:14 PM
Slim to none. Shanny has already shown his willingness to go with two. Add to that the fact he has a lot of young players that he probably doesn't want to risk trying to slip onto the PS, and I think he goes with two.

Unless one of the rookies are really top notch in his eyes and can slip them through to the PS the odds are slim and none.

DenBronx
08-28-2007, 09:53 PM
0-none

not gonna happen. im pretty sure if cutler was injured then shanny would dig deep and find and old wily vet somwhere to finish off the season. shanny has been playing only 2 qbs for a few years now and he has had success so why stop at this point.

saying that though, im not comfortable with ramsey as a starter. i see ramsey as a guy that could come in the 4th quarter when were up by 50 points and maintain the lead for the last 2 minutes. honestly we should have picked up joey harrington, warner or garcia. those guys would have been better barring an injury to cutler.

TXBRONC
08-28-2007, 09:56 PM
I was going to say what Tned said, slim to none. We will have a 3rd quarterback but he will be on the practice squad.

keithbishop
08-28-2007, 10:15 PM
I was going to say what Tned said, slim to none. We will have a 3rd quarterback but he will be on the practice squad.

Unless we draft a QB in the later rounds at some point, that's likely the route for the next few seasons.

sneakers
08-28-2007, 10:22 PM
It seems that many teams are going with just 2 QB's....what position do the Broncos feel they need another roster spot for? linemen?

Lonestar
08-29-2007, 02:41 AM
Unless we draft a QB in the later rounds at some point, that's likely the route for the next few seasons.

Another Quality poster!
Welcome aboard.
Nice to see you join us .

anton...
08-29-2007, 10:12 AM
yeah...

not likely...

if we had someone as hopeless as BVP making our roster as a #2 qb and the only other qb after jake, i dont think mike will change his ways...
________
DEPAKOTE LAWYERS (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/depakote/)

Retired_Member_001
08-29-2007, 10:57 AM
John Lynch/Rod Smith can play the third QB. They wouldn't do well but they would be the third QB if Jay Cutler AND Patrick Ramsey went down in the same game (extreme case).

TXBRONC
08-29-2007, 11:06 AM

I would think that it might be contingent on how Hackney develops.

Lonestar
08-29-2007, 01:05 PM
John Lynch/Rod Smith can play the third QB. They wouldn't do well but they would be the third QB if Jay Cutler AND Patrick Ramsey went down in the same game (extreme case).

Good post I think your correct I think they will cary an extra DL guy instead.

Watchthemiddle
08-29-2007, 01:57 PM
Yeah, I don't see it. Elam can even play a little QB. Heck, I would put Saurbrun back there to take some snaps also..lol.

I think they need to keep 2 and cut Ramsey and sign BVP!!! :D

jhns
08-29-2007, 03:02 PM
It is to hard to tell. I doubt we will because we will probably use the roster space elsewhere. I have been trying to limit the roster to 53 and it is almost impossible.

TXBRONC
08-29-2007, 03:18 PM
It is to hard to tell. I doubt we will because we will probably use the roster space elsewhere. I have been trying to limit the roster to 53 and it is almost impossible.

Shanahan's practice over the last few years has been to carry two on the active roster and one on the practice squad.