PDA

View Full Version : Hard Working Tebow Earning Respect

WARHORSE
07-28-2010, 05:13 AM
If there was resentment among his new teammates about all his hype, Tim Tebow already has worked it all out.
If there was bitterness about all the attention he has commanded, and will continue to receive during training camp, Tebow brought with him his favorite concoction for creating an agreeable, locker room atmosphere.
It's a mixture of perspiration from toil and a genuine determination to improve his craft.

"I've actually sat down with Tebow," said Broncos outside linebacker Darrell Reid, who has been rehabbing from left knee surgery. "I call him Lucky Lefty."

"Lucky," Reid explained, is because of the great college career Tebow had at the University of Florida, where he won a Heisman Trophy and two national championships. And lefty because of his highly scrutinized southpaw throwing motion.

"Anyway, I sat down with him one day and I told him, 'I know they say you're not as talented, your arm's not as tremendous as his, but your work ethic reminds me so much of when I was with Peyton (Manning) in Indianapolis,' " said Reid, who played for the Colts from 2005-08.

"I told him, 'I think you're going to do big things for us, and I can't wait to see you on the field.' "
As the Broncos begin training camp for rookies and injured veterans this afternoon at their Dove Valley facility, Reid hit on the No. 1 question: Exactly when will Tebow be on the field?

As of Tuesday night, Tebow and fellow first-round pick Demaryius Thomas were the only unsigned Broncos rookies. Thomas was the Broncos' first draft pick in April, No. 22 overall. Before making their second pick, the Broncos traded away three draft selections to move up and take Tebow at No. 25.

The Broncos reached a four-year contract agreement Tuesday evening with their second-round selection, offensive lineman Zane Beadles, who was taken No. 45 overall.

Tebow may be the headliner, but after getting mostly disappointing early results from their large rookie class of 2009 (five picks in the top two rounds), the Broncos desperately need to hit on this year's draft class.

"You can't expect (Tebow) to do it all by himself," Broncos legend John Elway said last week.

"They've had a lot of picks this year. They're going to have to pan out and be pretty good football players."
Tebow and Thomas won't be able to participate in training camp practices until they're signed. Tebow said after the team's final offseason practice in June that as much as he loves football, any type of holdout — even if it wouldn't become official until the full squad reports for practice Sunday — would not sit well with him.

Tebow has been declining interview requests until his deal is completed.
"I think the thing people don't know about him is he's a very, very, very, very hard worker," said Reid, who will be among the injured veterans reporting today, but won't be able to participate in practice for at least two more weeks.

"He's almost like a perfectionist. That's what carries him further. Most people who end up being great, it's because they want to be great and wind up working harder than everybody else."

Tebow did officially sign one deal Tuesday, agreeing to a multiyear contract with Jockey to be an underwear spokesman. The deal guarantees Tebow won't be immune to the occasional locker room hazing once he signs his NFL deal that figures to be for five years at roughly $12 million with more than $8 million guaranteed.

But once he settles in for training camp, Tebow will not be characterized by his new set of professional teammates as a "love him or hate him" type of guy.

There is no animosity for a guy who has earned his place on a pedestal, but goes about his business like he's fighting for the 53rd spot on the roster.

"Whether it's working on his throwing motion or in the weight room or running, he's almost always the last guy out of the building," Reid said. "He's a very humble kid, and he's a proven winner who will do whatever it takes. That's why we love him."

Jagsbch
07-28-2010, 08:01 AM
Thanks for the read, wheres the link?

dbfan21
07-28-2010, 08:33 AM
If there was resentment among his new teammates about all his hype, Tim Tebow already has worked it all out.
If there was bitterness about all the attention he has commanded, and will continue to receive during training camp, Tebow brought with him his favorite concoction for creating an agreeable, locker room atmosphere.
It's a mixture of perspiration from toil and a genuine determination to improve his craft.

"I've actually sat down with Tebow," said Broncos outside linebacker Darrell Reid, who has been rehabbing from left knee surgery. "I call him Lucky Lefty."

"Lucky," Reid explained, is because of the great college career Tebow had at the University of Florida, where he won a Heisman Trophy and two national championships. And lefty because of his highly scrutinized southpaw throwing motion.

"Anyway, I sat down with him one day and I told him, 'I know they say you're not as talented, your arm's not as tremendous as his, but your work ethic reminds me so much of when I was with Peyton (Manning) in Indianapolis,' " said Reid, who played for the Colts from 2005-08.

"I told him, 'I think you're going to do big things for us, and I can't wait to see you on the field.' "
As the Broncos begin training camp for rookies and injured veterans this afternoon at their Dove Valley facility, Reid hit on the No. 1 question: Exactly when will Tebow be on the field?

As of Tuesday night, Tebow and fellow first-round pick Demaryius Thomas were the only unsigned Broncos rookies. Thomas was the Broncos' first draft pick in April, No. 22 overall. Before making their second pick, the Broncos traded away three draft selections to move up and take Tebow at No. 25.

The Broncos reached a four-year contract agreement Tuesday evening with their second-round selection, offensive lineman Zane Beadles, who was taken No. 45 overall.

Tebow may be the headliner, but after getting mostly disappointing early results from their large rookie class of 2009 (five picks in the top two rounds), the Broncos desperately need to hit on this year's draft class.

"You can't expect (Tebow) to do it all by himself," Broncos legend John Elway said last week.

"They've had a lot of picks this year. They're going to have to pan out and be pretty good football players."
Tebow and Thomas won't be able to participate in training camp practices until they're signed. Tebow said after the team's final offseason practice in June that as much as he loves football, any type of holdout — even if it wouldn't become official until the full squad reports for practice Sunday — would not sit well with him.

Tebow has been declining interview requests until his deal is completed.
"I think the thing people don't know about him is he's a very, very, very, very hard worker," said Reid, who will be among the injured veterans reporting today, but won't be able to participate in practice for at least two more weeks.

"He's almost like a perfectionist. That's what carries him further. Most people who end up being great, it's because they want to be great and wind up working harder than everybody else."

Tebow did officially sign one deal Tuesday, agreeing to a multiyear contract with Jockey to be an underwear spokesman. The deal guarantees Tebow won't be immune to the occasional locker room hazing once he signs his NFL deal that figures to be for five years at roughly $12 million with more than $8 million guaranteed.

But once he settles in for training camp, Tebow will not be characterized by his new set of professional teammates as a "love him or hate him" type of guy.

There is no animosity for a guy who has earned his place on a pedestal, but goes about his business like he's fighting for the 53rd spot on the roster.

"Whether it's working on his throwing motion or in the weight room or running, he's almost always the last guy out of the building," Reid said. "He's a very humble kid, and he's a proven winner who will do whatever it takes. That's why we love him."

That quote from Reid is tremendous and provides some good insight as to how the vets on this team perceive him. Great stuff!!

Dirk
07-28-2010, 08:41 AM
I believe this is where War got it from. Love the article and love the way the vets are believing in him.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15617784

Lonestar
07-28-2010, 10:28 AM
Nice article. Hop Reid is correct and becomes the next Manning. Would be refreshing to have a QB that takes being a QB as the most important thing. Taking care to work hard,studying and his body.
Unlike others when have drafted.
Lets
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

broncobryce
07-28-2010, 10:46 AM
Reid is turning into the best interview for journalists
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums