PDA

View Full Version : Tebow deal to be done before 1st rookies practice.

Italianmobstr7
07-28-2010, 02:38 AM
Mike Klis of the Denver Post reports:
Tim Tebow and the Broncos are negotiating a five-year contract that figures to be worth about $12million with roughly $8 million guaranteed. Tebow's deal could be done hours before the first rookie practice Wednesday afternoon.

dogfish
07-28-2010, 04:37 AM
what's josina got to say about all this?

Dirk
07-28-2010, 05:31 AM
what's josina got to say about all this? :lol:

Tned
07-28-2010, 07:17 AM

You asked for it, just of the Twitter wire:

RT @JosinaAnderson: Sources: Tim Tebow expected to miss opening of camp - U-Report Blog post - FOX 31 KDVR Denver: http://bit.ly/bCzoE2 via @addthis

Jagsbch
07-28-2010, 07:57 AM
This is great news I expect nothing less than to see Tebow show up on time.

TXBRONC
07-28-2010, 08:45 AM

No more trusted news source in all of the Denver Metroplex right Dog? :D

titan
07-28-2010, 08:53 AM
I'm listening to a Mike Klis interview on 87.7 fm right now and he says the broncos are working on the tebow contract, but that his guess is that Tebow won't be at the first practice today.

TXBRONC
07-28-2010, 08:58 AM
I'm listening to a Mike Klis interview on 87.7 fm right now and he says the broncos are working on the tebow contract, but that his guess is that Tebow won't be at the first practice today.

Well if it's atleast done by the end of today that would be alright with me.

LTC Pain
07-28-2010, 09:06 AM
Gettur done son and get to camp!

pnbronco
07-28-2010, 11:18 AM

:doh:................actually from josina this seems better......:blah:

underrated29
07-28-2010, 11:19 AM
from what I understand it is mostly conditioning that the rooks are doing today and what not...So if tebow misses it, it is not the end of the world. As he needs more exp. running plays not running yards...

However, missed time is missed time and not good. I bet we see it come through today at about 3:43pm.

nbenallo33
07-28-2010, 11:25 AM
what about Thomas?

pnbronco
07-28-2010, 11:30 AM
from what I understand it is mostly conditioning that the rooks are doing today and what not...So if tebow misses it, it is not the end of the world. As he needs more exp. running plays not running yards...

However, missed time is missed time and not good. I bet we see it come through today at about 3:43pm.

Can you be a little more exact UR, I mean really will the sun be shining, will the angles start singing................:laugh:

Actually I would like to see Thomas be there much sooner than later. I think it messed up Moreno last year and I would like to see Thomas there from the get go.

UnderArmour
07-28-2010, 11:31 AM
what about Thomas?

Give him a few weeks and I'm sure he'll come around. :laugh:

jhildebrand
07-28-2010, 11:36 AM
No more trusted news source in all of the Denver Metroplex right Dog? :D

Now if we could only hatch a plan for Mike Florio and Josina to get married and ship them off on a one way honey moon. That would solve a lot of problems!

TXBRONC
07-28-2010, 11:39 AM
Now if we could only hatch a plan for Mike Florio and Josina to get married and ship them off on a one way honey moon. That would solve a lot of problems!

Siberia?

pnbronco
07-28-2010, 12:16 PM
Siberia?

I don't think that's far enough and I bet they still have internet there.

frauschieze
07-28-2010, 12:51 PM
To the MOON, Alice!

underrated29
07-28-2010, 01:04 PM
Can you be a little more exact UR, I mean really will the sun be shining, will the angles start singing................:laugh:

Actually I would like to see Thomas be there much sooner than later. I think it messed up Moreno last year and I would like to see Thomas there from the get go.

I cant predict the weather, but the angles are always singing when in regards to tebow. We still have about 3 hours and 43 minutes left before the ink is on paper.

But a little birdy told me to listen for the c.ock to crow 3 times. Then we will know when the deal is done.

dogfish
07-28-2010, 01:15 PM
what about Thomas?

he's unimportant next to the chosen one. . . . :D

pnbronco
07-28-2010, 01:29 PM

Who choosing what?????????????? :confused:

Good one UR......I need to sew now and actually work.....what a concept...can Tebow help me with this too??????????

underrated29
07-28-2010, 01:31 PM
Good one UR......I need to sew now and actually work.....what a concept...can Tebow help me with this too??????????

He already is.
:D

Spiritguy
07-28-2010, 01:38 PM
Talks between the Denver Broncos and first-round pick Tim Tebow are "close," a source tells NFL Network's Scott Hanson. Tebow is staying near the Broncos' facility, and is ready to take part in the team's first rookie training camp practice later today if a deal can be reached.

Serious negotiations between the Broncos and Tebow's agent, Jimmy Sexton, took place last night and this morning, the source said.

Broncos rookies are set to take the field Wednesday afternoon. The full team opens up training camp Aug. 1 -- leading some to believe that Tebow and fellow first-rounder Demaryius Thomas might not come to terms until the weekend

link (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d819594cb/article/source-tebow-close-to-deal-with-broncos-ahead-of-camp?module=HP_headlines)

TXBRONC
07-28-2010, 02:11 PM

But even a choosen one needs disciples. ;)

Jagsbch
07-28-2010, 02:40 PM
1 hour and 20 minutes before practice starts

70 members of the media showed up today for a lunchean put on by the Denver Broncos at one O'Clock.

The event is Tim Tebow, not since John Elway being drafted or the first Super Bowl Win, has the hoopla surrounding the franchise been so massive.

Tempus Fugit
07-28-2010, 03:04 PM
August 1 is the important date. Having the first rounders in anytime before the first full training camp practice is just a bonus for teams.

Traveler
07-28-2010, 03:39 PM
Report: Tim Tebow wants more than Dez Bryant
Posted by Michael David Smith on July 28, 2010 4:23 PM ET

The Dallas Cowboys selected Dez Bryant with the 24th pick in the 2010 NFL draft, and the Denver Broncos selected Tim Tebow 25th. Ordinarily, that would mean Tebow should get paid a little bit less than Bryant.

But Tebow apparently wants more money than Bryant, and that's why he wasn't there when the Broncos' rookies reported to training camp today.

Ed Werder of ESPN reported on NFL Live that the holdup on Tebow's contract is the request from agent Jimmy Sexton that a premium be paid to Tebow because he's a quarterback. Sexton wants Tebow to get a bigger signing bonus, higher base salaries and more money overall than Bryant is getting from the Cowboys.

Werder reported that Tebow and the Broncos are close to getting the deal done, but in the mean time, coach Josh McDaniels has called Tebow and expressed disappointment that Tebow didn't report with the rest of the rookies.

"You're missing time and you can't afford to miss it," McDaniels told Tebow, according to Werder. "You're not going to get these snaps back."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/28/report-tim-tebow-wants-more-than-dez-bryant/

underrated29
07-28-2010, 03:39 PM
About 1 hour exactly until we see that he has signed...... wait for it.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-28-2010, 03:52 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5417778

Updated: July 28, 2010, 4:30 PM ET

The Denver Broncos and representatives for quarterback Tim Tebow are working "feverishly" to complete contract negotiations, according to sources close to the discussions.

According to one source, progress has been made and the deal should happen in the next 24 to 48 hours.

Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels called Tebow when the quarterback failed to sign in time for the official beginning of training camp, which began with a meeting Wednesday morning.

The full team doesn't take the field until Sunday but quarterbacks Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn are participating. McDaniels reminded Tebow that he is losing repetitions that he can never regain and needs them more than the veteran players against whom he will be competing.

Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant, who has signed and is in camp, was picked immediately before Tebow. While that has helped create contract parameters, Tebow's agent, Jimmy Sexton, is believed to be seeking the customary quarterback premium that would pay his client more than a player taken before him.

Tebow was the second quarterback drafted and is apparently seeking more guaranteed money in a signing bonus.

Ravage!!!
07-28-2010, 03:52 PM
I know I'm holding my breath

jhildebrand
07-28-2010, 03:57 PM
Siberia?

Anywhere there is no internet or tv and A LOT of vuvuzelas

dbfan21
07-28-2010, 03:58 PM
Sign on the freakin' line Tim!! You are getting plenty as a first-round pick and endorser of multiple products!!

Get on the field and get to practice!!

Denver Native (Carol)
07-28-2010, 04:07 PM
1 hour and 20 minutes before practice starts

70 members of the media showed up today for a lunchean put on by the Denver Broncos at one O'Clock.

The event is Tim Tebow, not since John Elway being drafted or the first Super Bowl Win, has the hoopla surrounding the franchise been so massive.

This is the media barbeque put on by the Broncos - Not unusual to have 70 members of the media there for this event any year, if the figure is actually 70.

pnbronco
07-28-2010, 04:15 PM
I know I'm holding my breath

If you turn blue can you (post) :gotpics:. I needed a break from my creative phase of the day, thought the color could inspire me.......:laugh:

Denver Native (Carol)
07-28-2010, 04:16 PM
http://twitter.com/Denver_Broncos

Rookies and early-reporting veterans taking the field at Dove Valley, including Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn. #fb

Jagsbch
07-28-2010, 04:27 PM
Broncos Corportate Communication VP Jim Saccomano joined Elephants In The Room a local radio broadcast today and thats what he said.

He was also the one to say that this level of hype has not been seen at Mile High since John Elway being drafted and the first Super Bowl Win.

The guys on the show actually answered my email, and then requested me to send another one. I had already sent them two and when they got the one with a link to a song I was hoping to hear played at Mile High when Tebow scores a touchdown, they where totally against it.

But still wanted to know what Tebow coming back to his hometown to play compared too as far as Jaguars history goes.

I told Tebow playing in Jacksonville in Week 1, is Ironically right up there with the time me, my wife and about 40,00 Jaguars fans spent the late night/early morning at a welcome home party the Jaguars put on at Altell Stadium to welcome back the Jaguars after the huge upset against the Broncos.

T.K.O.
07-28-2010, 04:37 PM
working out the final details,tim will be on the field tom. morning:salute:
no link just my super secret inside info......otherwise known as my opinion

Denver Native (Carol)
07-28-2010, 04:52 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/07/28/tebow-thomas-unofficial-holdouts/3986/

Rookie training camp has begun and the Broncos’ two, first-round draft picks, receiver Demaryius Thomas and quarterback Tim Tebow, aren’t on the Dove Valley practice field.

Thomas and Tebow have yet to finalize their respective five-year contracts with the club and they can’t show up at Broncos’ headquarters until they do.

The Broncos don’t officially start training camp until 8:45 a.m. Sunday.

Veteran quarterbacks Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn, however, were at practice today, getting a leg-up on their rookie counterpart in the not-exactly-a-QB battle.

underrated29
07-28-2010, 05:01 PM
anytime now........

Now...

nevcraw
07-28-2010, 05:06 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5417778
Sources: Tebow, Broncos negotiating
The Denver Broncos and representatives for quarterback Tim Tebow are working "feverishly" to complete contract negotiations, according to sources close to the discussions.

According to one source, progress has been made and the deal should happen in the next 24 to 48 hours.

Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels called Tebow when the quarterback failed to sign in time for the official beginning of training camp, which began with a meeting Wednesday morning.

The full team doesn't take the field until Sunday but quarterbacks Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn are participating. McDaniels reminded Tebow that he is losing repetitions that he can never regain and needs them more than the veteran players against whom he will be competing.

Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant, who has signed and is in camp, was picked immediately before Tebow. While that has helped create contract parameters, Tebow's agent, Jimmy Sexton, is believed to be seeking the customary quarterback premium that would pay his client more than a player taken before him.

Tebow was the second quarterback drafted and is apparently seeking more guaranteed money in a signing bonus.

Ed Werder is a reporter for ESPN.

Jagsbch
07-28-2010, 05:19 PM
ESPN reported that Tebow's agent, Jimmy Sexton, is seeking more money for his client, ... than the Dallas Cowboys gave to WR Dez Bryant, the 24th overall pick. Sexton wants the Broncos to pay a premium for Tebow because he is a quarterback...

Bryant got $11.8 million total with $8.3 million guaranteed.

Jagsbch
07-28-2010, 05:50 PM
The Denver Broncos' No. 3 quarterback, Tim Tebow, is the No. 1 topic in Denver

DENVER — Les Shapiro is new to talk radio after spending 25 years as a television sports anchor in Denver. But just a year into his new gig, he and his weekday morning co-host have discovered a surefire way to build ratings.

"All we have to do is mention Tim Tebow," said Shapiro, host of The Score with Armstrong and Shapiro on 1510-AM. "The phones light up, the e-mails come, the texts pour in, and we never have dead air when the subject is Tim Tebow and the Broncos' quarterback situation."
The irony here is that this is an article from the Palm Beach Post (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/gators/the-denver-broncos-no-3-quarterback-tim-tebow-826559.html):D:D

Mike
07-28-2010, 05:54 PM
ESPN reported that Tebow's agent, Jimmy Sexton, is seeking more money for his client, ... than the Dallas Cowboys gave to WR Dez Bryant, the 24th overall pick. Sexton wants the Broncos to pay a premium for Tebow because he is a quarterback...

Bryant got $11.8 million total with $8.3 million guaranteed.

I hate agents

GEM
07-28-2010, 05:55 PM
Report: Tim Tebow wants more than Dez Bryant
Posted by Michael David Smith on July 28, 2010 4:23 PM ET

The Dallas Cowboys selected Dez Bryant with the 24th pick in the 2010 NFL draft, and the Denver Broncos selected Tim Tebow 25th. Ordinarily, that would mean Tebow should get paid a little bit less than Bryant.

But Tebow apparently wants more money than Bryant, and that's why he wasn't there when the Broncos' rookies reported to training camp today.

Ed Werder of ESPN reported on NFL Live that the holdup on Tebow's contract is the request from agent Jimmy Sexton that a premium be paid to Tebow because he's a quarterback. Sexton wants Tebow to get a bigger signing bonus, higher base salaries and more money overall than Bryant is getting from the Cowboys.

Werder reported that Tebow and the Broncos are close to getting the deal done, but in the mean time, coach Josh McDaniels has called Tebow and expressed disappointment that Tebow didn't report with the rest of the rookies.

"You're missing time and you can't afford to miss it," McDaniels told Tebow, according to Werder. "You're not going to get these snaps back."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/28/report-tim-tebow-wants-more-than-dez-bryant/

A QB that was marked to go late 2nd to early 3rd....he's going to make more just on the fact that the Broncos took a chance on him. Sign the freakin deal already. :rolleyes:

Jagsbch
07-28-2010, 05:58 PM
I hate agentsAmen:beer:

nevcraw
07-28-2010, 06:21 PM
A QB that was marked to go late 2nd to early 3rd....he's going to make more just on the fact that the Broncos took a chance on him. Sign the freakin deal already. :rolleyes:

did you answer yes on the will you judge tebow thread??

nevcraw
07-28-2010, 06:57 PM
McDaniels reminded Tebow that he is losing repetitions that he can never regain and needs them more than the veteran players against whom he will be competing.

You go McD! You tell him. You better light a fire under the azz of the most motivated guy in football.. Tebow better get his freakin pampered head on straight, lol..

Cue:Bosco running to rescue of his man:

T.K.O.
07-28-2010, 07:12 PM
did bruce lee need practice to whip up on countless un-named henchmen ?
that's what tc is for tebow:laugh:

Jagsbch
07-28-2010, 07:12 PM
NFL.com reported Thomas and Tebow won't be considered holdouts, however, unless they remain unsigned when the full squad reports for practice Sunday.

Tim Tebow is missing the Denver Broncos' first day of workouts for rookies and injured players because he hasn't signed a contract, although a source told NFL Network's Scott Hanson that an agreement is "close."

Serious negotiations between the Broncos and Tebow's agent, Jimmy Sexton, took place Tuesday night and Wednesday morning, the source said.

Tebow, drafted 25th overall after winning two national titles at Florida, said last month that he didn't want to miss a single practice as he makes his transition from college star to NFL quarterback. But he can't show up without his signature on a contract that's expected to be worth $12 million over five years.

Jagsbch
07-28-2010, 07:34 PM
You go McD! You tell him. You better light a fire under the azz of the most motivated guy in football.. Tebow better get his freakin pampered head on straight, lol..

Cue:Bosco running to rescue of his man:

This reminds me of a quote from the movie Pirates of the Caribbean dead mans chest.

Jack Sparrow: Gentlemen, we have lost speed and therefore time, precious time, which cannot be regained once lost. Do you understand?
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.cinematical.com/media/2007/04/captainjackfront.jpg

Jagsbch
07-28-2010, 09:08 PM
Potent Quotables - 07/28/10
by Tim Lynch on Jul 28, 2010 6:31 PM MDT

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/495323/65183_broncos_camp_football.jpg
Denver Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels watches as his rookies get loose during football training camp at the team's facility in Englewood, Colo., on Wednesday, July 28, 2010. Rookies reported Wednesday and the veterans report Sunday. (AP Photo/Ed Andrieski)

HEAD COACH JOSH MCDANIELS

On the importance of a quarterback being present at the beginning of training camp

"...I think that each day that we are here is an opportunity to improve and learn and take advantage of; you know we went through 60 pages this morning in an installation meeting and those pages are filled with information and it’s not that we aren’t going to go back and review that."

"We will. I think that any opportunity to get in more, particularly a young player, whatever position it is; whether it is a quarterback or something else."

"I think it helps them and so we are trying to get those two players in as quickly as we can so they can have an opportunity to compete and learn, but I wouldn’t say that anybody has panicked or anything like that or anything is detrimental at this point."

More quotes... (http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/7/28/1593486/potent-quotables-07-28-10)

Jagsbch
07-28-2010, 09:18 PM
Photos from camp today...

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/photo_images/989405/65188_Broncos_Camp_Football.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen presenting Running Back Toney Baker

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/photo_images/989389/65184_Broncos_Camp_Football.jpg

Orton: Hey Brady I think I see Tebow coming?

Brady: NOOOOO

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/photo_images/989409/65189_Broncos_Camp_Football.jpg

Riar Geer: Ok you guys get down here and Pray with me That Tebow makes it to camp on time.

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/photo_images/989397/65186_Broncos_Camp_Football.jpg

Patrick Honeycutt and Kenny McKinley getting lessons on how to run like Tim Tebow

nevcraw
07-28-2010, 10:00 PM
Photos from camp today...

Orton: Hey Brady I think I see Tebow coming?

Brady: Oh god.. I just shat my pants...

Northman
07-28-2010, 10:12 PM
I told Tebow playing in Jacksonville in Week 1, is Ironically right up there with the time me, my wife and about 40,00 Jaguars fans spent the late night/early morning at a welcome home party the Jaguars put on at Altell Stadium to welcome back the Jaguars after the huge upset against the Broncos.

Works for me, it gave Denver all the motivation it needed to stomp a mudhole in their asses the following year on their way to their first SB title.

honz
07-28-2010, 11:54 PM
Brady: Oh god.. I just shat my pants...
Off topic, but my buddy just told me that some new hire that he was training a few weeks back crapped his pants while riding passenger in his truck. He quit that day. True story.

GEM
07-29-2010, 08:35 AM
did you answer yes on the will you judge tebow thread??

I didn't answer that thread. ;) I don't like the insinuation that he needs to make these big bucks especially when he wasn't slated to go until much later. We're being sold that he's this all worldly good guy who just wants to play ball. What we're getting is a guy who got taken much higher than where he was slotted and is going to make much more money than what he expected and he wants more.

GEM
07-29-2010, 08:37 AM
Works for me, it gave Denver all the motivation it needed to stomp a mudhole in their asses the following year on their way to their first SB title.

Dropping some BRONCOS knowledge. :D

T.K.O.
07-29-2010, 10:02 AM
Off topic, but my buddy just told me that some new hire that he was training a few weeks back crapped his pants while riding passenger in his truck. He quit that day. True story.

so.....i guess your looking for work eh clay ?(not buying the "my buddy" thing again):laugh:

T.K.O.
07-29-2010, 10:07 AM
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/495323/65183_broncos_camp_football.jpg

"and when your done shining my shoes,you can get to work on my beamer"

T.K.O.
07-29-2010, 10:09 AM
Quinn: "when i take a snap i just freeze.....like THIS !"
Orton: " I like to turn my head and lock onto my target.....like THIS !"

:laugh:

GEM
07-29-2010, 11:25 AM
Quinn: "when i take a snap i just freeze.....like THIS !"
Orton: " I like to turn my head and lock onto my target.....like THIS !"

:laugh:

That Orton Brady one had me laughing!!! :D

Jagsbch
07-29-2010, 12:00 PM
That was awesome:D

Jagsbch
07-29-2010, 12:47 PM
Coach's Corner: Josh McDaniels 7/28/30

On WR Demaryius Thomas and QB Tim Tebow
“I’ve seen both of them plenty this week. They were in our building as far as yesterday working out and doing those things and that’s typical. I have talked to them and again like I said, it’s a situation where I think we’re all working for the same end result here."

"It’s not a competitive situation where we’re trying to get one-up on one another. I think they want to be here and we want them to be here and that’s what Brian (Xanders) and their representatives are working hard to do so I’ll talk to them – and they both know that – as much as they want to. If they have questions"

http://oak.scout.com/2/987384.html