PDA

View Full Version : Zane Beadles Signed!

LTC Pain
07-27-2010, 07:43 PM
Yahoo! Two more to go! Welcome to mile high football Zane. Now go kick a defensive lineman's ass!

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15615323

dogfish
07-27-2010, 08:18 PM
Yahoo! Two more to go! Welcome to mile high football Zane. Now go kick a defensive lineman's ass!

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15615323

i hope he starts with jamal williams. . . . not that i think he can actually do it, but it's good to be ambitious. . . .

Lonestar
07-27-2010, 08:45 PM
Hope he can hold jamal away from the QB if he can do that then he passes the BIGGIE test. Which is a ringing endorsement.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Denver Native (Carol)
07-27-2010, 09:06 PM
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/beadles-on-board/

The Broncos on Tuesday announced the signing of Zane Beadles, the team’s second-round pick in April’s draft. That leaves just the two first-rounders, Demaryius Thomas and Tim Tebow, unsigned.

Beadles started 50 of 51 games at Utah, and by the end of his career, he had been voted the Utes’ Most Valuable Offensive Lineman twice and earned first-team All-Mountain West Conference honors in two seasons.

“He’s a very smart player,” Head Coach Josh McDaniels said. “He’s tough, a good finisher, and he’s played a lot of games.”

After redshirting as a freshman, Beadles was the team’s starting left guard in 2006, starting 12 games. His other 38 starts came at left tackle, a position he switched to as a junior in 2007. That year, he earned second-team All-MWC and first-team Academic All-MWC honors.

As a junior, the first-team MWC lineman blocked for a Utah offense that generated 400.9 yards per game and led the MWC while ranking 15th nationally in scoring at 36.9 points per game. He was a Lombardi Award candidate as a senior, and was named a first-team All-American by the Football Writers Association of America in addition to earning All-MWC first-team honors for the second consecutive year.

In his final two seasons with the Utes, he allowed just 3.5 sacks and three quarterback pressures on 819 pass plays.

Beadles took snaps with the first unit offense during OTAs earlier in the offseason, and said he feels comfortable at both tackle and guard — so he is working hard to learn both positions.

“I take pride in that,” Beadles said. “I try to learn the offense as a whole and I think it makes me a better player when I know what the guy next to me is doing … I try to be able to go back and forth between inside and outside techniques.”

Regardless of where the team needs him in 2010, Beadles is excited to contribute in the NFL.

“It’s always been a dream, and you get here and you kind of realize that you made it to the league, but now there’s a lot of work ahead of you,” he said. “I’m looking forward to that.”

Medford Bronco
07-27-2010, 09:07 PM
I hope we can get the start of a 1977 like Denver Defense :salute:

you never know ;)

dogfish
07-27-2010, 10:30 PM
Hope he can hold jamal away from the QB if he can do that then he passes the BIGGIE test. Which is a ringing endorsement.

naw, that's comparatively easy-- if he can push JWall back in the run game, then i'll be impressed. . .

honz
07-27-2010, 11:04 PM
Zane Beadles is such a ******* beast...you guys don't even know.

TXBRONC
07-27-2010, 11:37 PM
That leaves just two more draft picks to sign.

pnbronco
07-28-2010, 01:08 AM
Great! Glad we're down to 2.

TXBRONC
07-28-2010, 08:56 AM
We've heard how Tebow's deal could be done by this afternoon I wonder how close they are to getting Thomas locked up?

Traveler
07-28-2010, 09:48 AM
We've heard how Tebow's deal could be done by this afternoon I wonder how close they are to getting Thomas locked up?

Unless picks at 21 and 23 sign soon, I'm guessing Thomas could be in the same boat as Moreno last year. Really not expecting to see him in camp till mid-week at the earliest.

TXBRONC
07-28-2010, 11:37 AM
Unlees picks at 21 and 23 sign soon, I'm guessing Thomas could be in the same boat as Moreno last year. Really not expecting to see him in camp till mid-week at the earliest.

I hope you're wrong.

Traveler
07-28-2010, 11:44 AM
I hope you're wrong.

Me too!

dogfish
07-28-2010, 01:16 PM
Zane Beadles is such a ******* beast...you guys don't even know.

but does he know what a beast i am??

Tempus Fugit
07-28-2010, 01:42 PM
I hope you're wrong.

As I recall, Thomas' agent is famous for not having his clients sign until they are bracketed by signed players. If that holds true, Thomas won't sign until after Gresham and Bulaga.

BroncoWave
07-28-2010, 02:14 PM
As I recall, Thomas' agent is famous for not having his clients sign until they are bracketed by signed players. If that holds true, Thomas won't sign until after Gresham and Bulaga.

Dez Bryant also had the same agent that held out Crabtree into the season last year. I'm not too worried yet.

Lonestar
07-28-2010, 04:37 PM
Dez Bryant also had the same agent that held out Crabtree into the season last year. I'm not too worried yet.

IIRC he is not DT's agent though.

BroncoWave
07-28-2010, 04:40 PM
IIRC he is not DT's agent though.

Yeah I know. My point was that just because one thing happened in the past doesn't mean it's destined to happen again.

T.K.O.
07-28-2010, 05:14 PM
when Mcdaniels give him "the look" and asks him how he feels about riding the pine in miami behind marshall.......he'll sign......oh yes.....he'll sign !:laugh:

http://lennyfromindy.mywnde.com/files/2009/10/mcdaniels.jpg