PDA

View Full Version : Mike Anderson suspended for at least 12 months - Violating drug policy

Tned
06-20-2008, 11:03 PM
Hmmm, that whole second hand smoke defense of his might be less believable now.

Two NFL free agents — running back Mike Anderson and tackle Shane Olivea — released by their previous teams early in the offseason, have been suspended by the NFL.

Anderson, formerly with the Broncos and Ravens, has been suspended for at least one year. He was released by Baltimore on Feb. 27 and in 2003 was suspended for four games while with Denver for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.

During the suspension, he is permitted to sign with any team, but he is prohibited from taking part in any team activities.

Olivea was released by the Chargers on Feb. 28, and has been suspended for the first four games of the 2008 season. He can sign with a team and then participate in training camp and play in preseason games. The suspension, should he sign, would begin at the final roster cut to 53 players.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8261604/Report:-2-players-suspended-for-violating-drug-policy?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5#

TXBRONC
06-20-2008, 11:18 PM
I wouldn't doubt if this effectively ends Anderson's career.

dogfish
06-21-2008, 12:05 AM
I wouldn't doubt if this effectively ends Anderson's career.

yep, he's done. . . too bad, but he has no one to blame but himself. . .

here's a last salute to marine mike :salute:

Lonestar
06-21-2008, 12:39 AM
Sad way for a Marine to go out..

LordTrychon
06-21-2008, 12:50 AM
Sorry it ended like this, Mike. :salute:

WARHORSE
06-21-2008, 01:33 AM
Poor Mike.

Guess he couldnt get it right.

atwater27
06-21-2008, 01:39 AM
I miss that guy. I loved his running style.

Retired_Member_001
06-21-2008, 05:11 AM
Sorry you blew it Mike but it's about time you called it quits anyway.

:salute:

scott.475
06-21-2008, 03:11 PM
If I got shipped from Shanny and the Broncos to friggin' Billick and the Ravens, I might start smoking too...and I am as pure as the driven snow.

Tned
06-21-2008, 03:22 PM
If I got shipped from Shanny and the Broncos to friggin' Billick and the Ravens, I might start smoking too...and I am as pure as the driven snow.

True, but his first suspension for 'smoking' was while he was with the Broncos and cost the Broncos a fourth of a season.

Don't get me wrong, I really liked Mike Anderson and thought he did a great job for the Broncos and his story was a great one. However, I always had doubts about his second hand smoke story, especially since as I understood it, he had to have at least two positive tests before the first suspension of any kind.

Devilspawn
06-21-2008, 03:28 PM
When someone mentions the words "smoking" and "snow" in the same sentence, some would think their habit comes with a straw.

BroncoJoe
06-21-2008, 03:51 PM
I know this isn't in the Lounge, but:

Dumbass.

Broncogator
06-21-2008, 04:30 PM
Some things never change :tsk:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/broncogator/MikeAndersonpot.jpg

weazel
06-21-2008, 04:33 PM
Mike should start taking his dope tests before 4:20

broncogirl7
06-21-2008, 04:45 PM
This will affectively end his career. He was pretty much at the end of it anyway, but why go out this way? Why Mike? Pretty much blows his previous second-hand smoke story out of the water.

nevcraw
06-21-2008, 05:44 PM
This will affectively end his career. He was pretty much at the end of it anyway, but why go out this way? Why Mike? Pretty much blows his previous second-hand smoke story out of the water.

The second hand smoke this was such crap to begin with. You have to fail the drug test once already before you get the 4 game suspension.
I like Mike.. sucks to see him go out this way..

Requiem / The Dagda
06-21-2008, 08:27 PM
Yeah, sucks to see him go out this way. He's a millionare and roasts the bomb weed whenever he feels like it. I don't feel bad for him one bit.

Broncos Mtnman
06-21-2008, 08:34 PM
Yeah, sucks to see him go out this way. He's a millionare and roasts the bomb weed whenever he feels like it. I don't feel bad for him one bit.

I agree :2thumbs:

It's all about personal accountability and responsibility. When someone has what he had and throws it away like this, you get what you deserve.

C-Ya Mike!! You won't be missed.

:coffee:

sneakers
06-22-2008, 12:18 AM
I would say he had a good run...I am sure he is satisfied with his NFL career.

dogfish
06-22-2008, 12:29 AM
I miss that guy. I loved his running style.

C-Ya Mike!! You won't be missed.

:coffee:

oh the irony. . . . :lol: :lol:

Watchthemiddle
06-22-2008, 01:10 AM
I always like MA.

I can't say I feel bad for him now, I just wish him the best.

Hard runner, made good for himself while he was here and was very productive.

Gotta like a guy who serves his country and the best NFL team on the planet. :salute:

NameUsedBefore
06-22-2008, 01:31 AM
The article didn't make any mention, but I get the feeling that Mike doesn't exactly care.

Tned
06-22-2008, 01:37 AM
Like Watch the Middle, I always liked Anderson, don't feel sorry for him, because he pout himself in this spot (and hurt his teams with his failed tests), but that doesn't take away the fact he was a solid Bronco in his time in Denver.

broncosfanscott
06-22-2008, 08:16 PM
Man, this totally sucks. I really liked watching him play. Played hard for the Broncos, served his country, only to go out this way. I hope it's not, however this may be the last of MA. If this is it for him, I wish him all the best.

Davii
06-22-2008, 08:22 PM
I always liked and respected Mike during his tenure with the Broncos.

However, I definitely expected more than this of a US Marine.

Lonestar
06-22-2008, 10:07 PM
I always liked and respected Mike during his tenure with the Broncos.

However, I definitely expected more than this of a US Marine.

Been corrupted by college pukes and then the scum of the NFL since he was a Marine..

Obviously once Marine always a Marine did not take with him..

In-com-plete
06-23-2008, 07:56 AM
All be damned!

On Broncomania I always bashed Anderson for saying it was second hand smoke. Many a member over there (who've made the jump over here) defended Anderson every time I'd call him a bum.

Where you at now guys?

:cool:

Davii
06-23-2008, 10:28 AM
All be damned!

On Broncomania I always bashed Anderson for saying it was second hand smoke. Many a member over there (who've made the jump over here) defended Anderson every time I'd call him a bum.

Where you at now guys?

Changing their bong water? :noidea:

NameUsedBefore
06-23-2008, 10:36 AM
I don't know how anyone can really consider Mike a bum for this. First, it's just reefer. That's about as low on the spectrum as you can get. Second, it's not like Mike is some premier player with a lot to lose. He's made his contributions. He's not even on a team right now and who knows if he's even looking for one. Some people are acting like this is Ricky Williams 2.0 or something :rolleyes:

pnbronco
06-23-2008, 11:10 AM
I wish him the best. I figured he was close to the end anyway and this will pretty much be it for him. I feel sad that he was one of those "feel good stories" because he did not play football in high school. Then serving his country as a Marine that he would end his career in this way. He made a choice that is a violation of the NFL rules and knew what the consequences were. I always like him as a player and he was always nice to me at camp. I didn't believe the second hand smoke thing the first time, but there were those that did and now it shatters the faith they had in him, it's just sad.

Lonestar
06-23-2008, 01:49 PM
All be damned!

Where you at now guys?

IIRC I was one also laughing at the second hand smoke crap..

He screwed up then and ended his meaningful career with this one..

Double Dumb IMO