PDA

View Full Version : Eric Decker signed

BroncoBJ
07-26-2010, 07:13 PM
http://community.kdvr.com/_Eric-Decker-Agrees-to-terms-on-his-rookie-deal/blog/2496694/96399.html

The Broncos 2010 third-round 87th overall pick out of the University of Minnesota will sign a four-year contract for a $4.8 million max deal and a $732,150 signing bonus on Tuesday.

3 left to sign. :elefant:

SR
07-26-2010, 07:16 PM
Sweet.

BroncoWave
07-26-2010, 07:19 PM
Nice! Rookies report Wednesday so we still have a little over a day to get Tebow, DT, and Beadles done. Hopefully we can get them all in for camp.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-26-2010, 07:24 PM
Hopefully this is true - when you read the article, Decker supposedly talked with Josina Anderson, and we all know about her :D

BroncoWave
07-26-2010, 11:30 PM
Decker makes it official on Twitter:

"Thank you to everyone who has sent a congrats message! It 'officially' feels great to be a Denver Bronco, now lets go play some football!"

www.twitter.com/e_decker

pnbronco
07-26-2010, 11:30 PM
Woo Hoo...just heard it on Channel 4...it makes me feel a lot better.

Davii
07-27-2010, 01:11 AM
The Broncos have agreed to terms with third-round receiver Eric Decker. Based on where he was slotted as the No. 87 overall pick, Decker was to receive a four-year contract worth about $2.525 million with a $732,000 signing bonus.

Not bad for a rookie who missed every entire offseason practice to recover from a foot fracture. Decker has been cleared to play and was schedule to participate in the rookies’ conditioning test Monday. He will be on the field Wednesday afternoon when the Broncos open their rookie training camp.

Decker had been the focus of the Minnesota Gophers’ offense the past two years under coach Tim Brewster. The 6-foot-2, 215-pound Decker had 73 catches for 995 yards in the Gophers first nine games of 2008 and had 43 catches for 689 yards through five games in 2009 before injuries halted his record-setting paces.

Story link (http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/07/26/third-round-pick-decker-agrees-to-terms/3935/)

They seem to be getting the contracts done at a pretty decent pace. Hopefully everyone is finished up and under contract so there aren't any holdouts for camp.

Bosco
07-27-2010, 03:39 AM
Very glad to have this. In a year or two when he replaces Gaffney as the Y receiver, we're going to have a very, very scary passing attack. I'm damn near salivating at the thought.

TXBRONC
07-27-2010, 08:43 AM
Woo Hoo...just heard it on Channel 4...it makes me feel a lot better.

Do you feel like doing a little jig? :elefant:

T.K.O.
07-27-2010, 09:20 AM
broncos briefs
Decker agrees to four-year contract with Broncos
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
Posted: 07/26/2010 08:19:39 PM MDTUpdated: 07/27/2010 06:02:54 AM MDT

Eric Decker (Getty Images file photo)It's not so much what Eric Decker did in college as what he could have done.

The 6-foot-2 receiver from the University of Minnesota agreed to terms Monday night with the Broncos. Given where Decker was slotted as the No. 87 overall pick in the third round, he was to receive a four-year contract worth about $2.525 million with a $732,000 signing bonus.

That's big money for a rookie who has recently been injury prone. But the Broncos could get a steal of a deal if Decker produces as he did while healthy for Gophers coach Tim Brewster.

As a junior in 2008, Decker had a whopping 84 catches for 1,074 yards and seven touchdowns in just nine games before he was beset by ankle and other leg injuries.

Last season as a senior, Decker had 50 catches for 758 yards and five touchdowns in five games before suffering a lisfranc fracture in his left foot.

Decker did not participate in the Broncos' offseason practices because of the foot injury, but he has been cleared to play and was scheduled to participate in the rookies' conditioning test Monday. He will be on the field Wednesday afternoon when the Broncos open their rookie training camp.

Tebow watch.

The Broncos have three unsigned rookies, who happen to be their three-highest draft picks — receiver Demaryius Thomas (first round, No. 22 overall), Tim Tebow (first round, No. 25 overall) and offensive lineman Zane Beadles (second round, No. 45 overall).

Several second-round picks agreed to deals Monday, and the Broncos should have Beadles locked up with a four- year deal today.

Then the Broncos will focus on getting Tebow into camp on time. The two sides are negotiating a five-year contract that figures to be worth about $12 million with roughly $8 million guaranteed.

There is a chance Tebow's deal could be done hours before the first rookie practice Wednesday afternoon. It would be a surprise if negotiations last past Sunday morning,

Thomas talks dragging.

Thomas undoubtedly will be the Broncos' last rookie signed, in part because he is represented by Todd France. Based in Atlanta, France usually waits for the picks selected directly in front, and directly behind, his clients to sign their deals first.

France represents five rookies who were drafted in the first two rounds — Thomas (first round), Dan Williams (first), Nate Allen (second round), Carlos Dunlap (second) and Golden Tate (second). None have signed.

France did get deals done for Decker and fourth-round picks Jacoby Ford and Eric Norwood.

LTC Pain
07-27-2010, 09:27 AM
Fabomondo! Three rookies left to sign!

pnbronco
07-27-2010, 10:36 AM
Do you like feel like doing a little jig? :elefant:

try two....:elefant:..........:elefant:

After hearing Karl talk about him yesterday on his interview he's heard really good things from MN so I'm excited and he seems really nice.

GEM
07-27-2010, 11:22 AM
YAY!!! He'll be in pads when I go to training camp and Invesco!! I'll try not to :drool: too much!! :D

Traveler
07-27-2010, 12:12 PM
YAY!!! He'll be in pads when I go to training camp and Invesco!! I'll try not to :drool: too much!! :D

You gonna be checking out his calves too?:D Couldn't resist since you seemed to be enormored with Hillis'.

pnbronco
07-27-2010, 02:49 PM

I had a feeling this would make you really happy..........:elefant:

Let me know when you're going to camp and we can sit together with our drool clothes. I'm not going to Invesco this year for the scrimmage but I've tried to keep camp open.

Watchthemiddle
07-27-2010, 03:42 PM
This is good news. get those big wr's in camp