PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid 4

Arkansas Bronco
06-20-2008, 07:57 AM
Just watched the trailer for this and will be picking it up today if I can find it. This looks to be a game you cant pass up. Also read the review on IGN.com and they stated they would give this game an 11 out of 10 if they could. Anyway COD guys I may be in and out if I can land this game.

Edit: Oh and happy birthday to me (today is it) and its my gift to me.

claymore
06-20-2008, 08:29 AM
Just watched the trailer for this and will be picking it up today if I can find it. This looks to be a game you cant pass up. Also read the review on IGN.com and they stated they would give this game an 11 out of 10 if they could. Anyway COD guys I may be in and out if I can land this game.

Edit: Oh and happy birthday to me (today is it) and its my gift to me.Happy birthday dude. Is MGS4 a first person...... And give us feed back.

Thnikkaman
06-20-2008, 08:37 AM

Edit: Oh and happy birthday to me (today is it) and its my gift to me.

Happy birthday man.

From what I hear, if you can get past the first 5 hours, its a great game.

Arkansas Bronco
06-20-2008, 09:01 AM
Happy birthday dude. Is MGS4 a first person...... And give us feed back.

Thanks bro.

No its a third person shooter (which is ok but not my favorite but on the trailer they pulled up sights and it looked like first person). It looks very freaking good I liked all the other MGears and this one is the end of the line so I gotta get it. Ill still find my way over for some COD action because of right now its still my favorite game.

Thnikkaman
06-20-2008, 09:30 AM
Do you do any PC gaming, or are you a console only guy?

Arkansas Bronco
06-20-2008, 09:32 AM
Do you do any PC gaming, or are you a console only guy?

Use to be only PC now switched back to mostly console. You have any suggestions for a good PC games?

Thnikkaman
06-20-2008, 09:41 AM
Use to be only PC now switched back to mostly console. You have any suggestions for a good PC games?

I am currently hooked on Team Fortress 2. It's not so much a tactical shooter as I am sure you are used to, but its not a simple run and gun shooter like Unreal Tournament. If you have ever played Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, its like that.

The PC versrion of TF2 has achievements that unlocks new weapons for the different character classes. They currently only have this feature implemented for the medic, but it will be expanded to the other 8 classes. You can either buy it stand alone (30 bucks) or get it with the Orange box ($50).

Arkansas Bronco
06-20-2008, 11:26 AM
I went and looked at some shots it looks ok may get it at some point but as soon as I get off work I am going to the first gamestop I can find for MG4. The PC hasnt really put out anything I like lately since I left WOW last year.

MasterShake
06-20-2008, 11:34 AM
I went and looked at some shots it looks ok may get it at some point but as soon as I get off work I am going to the first gamestop I can find for MG4. The PC hasnt really put out anything I like lately since I left WOW last year.

It should be available at most Gamestops, but if you want you can put your zip code on this page to check store availability and also which store is closest to you: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=270173

Arkansas Bronco
06-20-2008, 11:57 AM
Is the high 5 broken? I keep getting error messages. Anyways thanks Mastershake I used it but and did give me locations closest to me but to bad I would never go to them unless I had a crew with me or armed. They were all in the roughest parts of Memphis.

membertest
06-20-2008, 12:17 PM
Is the high 5 broken? I keep getting error messages. Anyways thanks Mastershake I used it but and did give me locations closest to me but to bad I would never go to them unless I had a crew with me or armed. They were all in the roughest parts of Memphis.

Yes, it was. I'll post more later. I happen to pop in to this thread to test it and saw your post. It had to do with a security update I installed.

membertest
06-20-2008, 12:18 PM
Yes, it was. I'll post more later. I happen to pop in to this thread to test it and saw your post. It had to do with a security update I installed.

Ooops, I be T ;)

Arkansas Bronco
06-21-2008, 12:42 PM
Only part way through act 1 but the game has stunning grafix. COD looks killer and Metal Gear 4 kicks it up a notch. Not an easy game and dont like the radar unless you have the eye patch on. Also good story line so far. You definatly dont want to skip cut scenes.

EastCoastBronco
06-23-2008, 07:45 AM
I just started Act 2. I don't have enough words to describe how great this game is. I find myself shaking my head a lot because I can't believe how amazing the presentation is.
Game of the decade.

claymore
06-23-2008, 08:12 AM
I just started Act 2. I don't have enough words to describe how great this game is. I find myself shaking my head a lot because I can't believe how amazing the presentation is.
Game of the decade.
Wow, pretty bold statement ECB.......

Arkansas Bronco
06-23-2008, 08:32 AM
Game of the decade.

Ive been playing nothing but this game since Friday. On Act 3 now. The story line is very good. ECB have you fought Liquid Octopus yet? She is a pain in the ass to fight I love the Raiden clip after her. This is a game all should get. It looks killer and isnt an easy game and gives good challenges. Better graphics then COD which states allot.

EastCoastBronco
06-23-2008, 09:36 AM
I just started into Act 2 last night. Haven't had any boss battles yet.

Arkansas Bronco
06-23-2008, 09:52 AM
I just started into Act 2 last night. Haven't had any boss battles yet.

Here is a couple act 2 tips if you dont want em dont read past this line.

#1 when tracking namioe follow the small diamond tracks. Also Watch out for ambushes.

#2 Liquid octopus has the same stealth suit snake has so the battle is a pain in the ass. When you see the little droid saying follow me, shoot it, its her and so is when she morphs into namioe.

jrelway
06-28-2008, 09:41 AM
or you can just turn on your eye patch that senses heat..this gives up her position every time. if it glows, blast it with your rocket launcher. liquid octopus is toast after about 5 minutes.

Arkansas Bronco
06-28-2008, 09:47 AM
or you can just turn on your heat goggles..this gives up her position every time. if it glows, blast it with your rocket launcher. liquid octopus is toast after about 5 minutes.

DOH! I used the M60 on her and it took me over 10 minutes I never thought about my rocket launcher. This game is pure awesome.

jrelway
06-28-2008, 09:48 AM
not my favorite metal gear our of the bunch but a fine game it is..my favorite was metal gear for the original ps1..ahhh such a classic.

Arkansas Bronco
06-28-2008, 10:12 AM
not my favorite metal gear our of the bunch but a fine game it is..my favorite was metal gear for the original ps1..ahhh such a classic.

Yea that was a great game as well. I love the story line on this one and how nice the graphics are. I hated the original metal gear on Nintendo.

EastCoastBronco
07-02-2008, 09:13 AM
Just finished off Raging Raven. Heading down into the sewers...

Arkansas Bronco
07-02-2008, 09:20 AM
Just finished off Raging Raven. Heading down into the sewers...

She was a tough fight I had to use several rations. Still love the game haven't tried online yet but single player is very fun. Id give it a 9.5 so far.

EastCoastBronco
07-02-2008, 09:28 AM
I used the PKM on her. Worked great. Also, I only had one ration when the battle started but there was a spot at the very top of the stairs if you hung a right instead of going out the door they couldn't see you and you're health recharged. I pulled that move 3 times...

Arkansas Bronco
07-02-2008, 09:59 AM
I used the PKM on her. Worked great. Also, I only had one ration when the battle started but there was a spot at the very top of the stairs if you hung a right instead of going out the door they couldn't see you and you're health recharged. I pulled that move 3 times...

Sounds close I think I used 4 rations in the fight. I cant remember the guns name but I used a sniper rifle on her. Crazy heifer did knock me off the top roof twice.

EastCoastBronco
07-10-2008, 10:38 AM
Took down Crying Wolf last night...One more BNB to go...

EastCoastBronco
07-22-2008, 02:12 PM
Just finished the whole thing last night... I'm goin to have to play it a couple more times to try and figure it all out but in a nutshell, it was an amazing experience. Too bad there aren't more games out there with this kind of time and effort put into them.
Fantastic...

Long live Solid Snake!

Scarface
07-23-2008, 09:50 AM
I just beat Laughing Octopus the other night. This is my first time playing any of the Metal Gear games. All I have to say is so far it is one of the sickest games I've ever played. I can't wait to play the rest.

EastCoastBronco
07-30-2008, 08:58 AM
Cool little bit of info for anyone who has finished the game...
I heard a rumor that there is an easter egg in the game that will show itself exactly 6 months after the initial North American release date. Rumor has it that if you have already finished the game and fire it up any time after December 12 you will get an alternate(or extended) ending. Anyone who has finished it has a good idea what the 6 month time frame refers to.
Rumor or not, I'll give it a shot come December 12 just to find out...;-)

Retired_Member_001
09-27-2008, 04:11 PM
Bought this today. I've played abit of Act 1. I'm just after where you meet the arms dealer.

This game looks amazing though.