PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Harris Ready to go

Spiritguy
07-24-2010, 12:23 PM
Per Lindsay Jones: Ryan Harris said he has just been cleared by his doctors to play this year. His foot injury is 100 percent healed, he said. :elefant:

link (http://twitter.com/PostBroncos/status/19376663539)

Another source

Broncos right tackle Ryan Harris said his doctors have cleared him to play, The Denver Post reported Friday, eight months after a toe injury ended his 2009 season.

According to The Post, Harris still must pass his Broncos physical and fitness test before he can participate in training camp, which starts Aug. 1 in Englewood, Colo.

Harris dislocated his right big toe during a Nov. 1 game at Baltimore and missed five games, then aggravated the injury during the first quarter of a Dec. 6 game at Kansas City -- just 10 snaps into his return. Medical tests revealed bone and ligament damage, so the Broncos placed Harris on season-ending injured reserve.

A third-round draft pick out of Notre Dame in 2007, Harris missed training camp and the first five games of his rookie season after undergoing back surgery. After playing in the final 11 games that year, he won the starting job in 2008 and allowed just 2.5 sacks in 16 games.

Harris was having a stellar 2009 season before he sustained his toe injury. In the six games that Harris finished, the Broncos allowed nine total sacks and topped 220 passing yards five times. In the six games that he missed or didn't finish, they gave up 14 sacks and passed for 220 or more yards only once.

link (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81945361/article/broncos-should-have-healed-harris-back-for-training-camp)

Edmonton Bronco Fan
07-24-2010, 12:43 PM
Good news, good news.

Hoping he can pick up where he left off last season.

Italianmobstr7
07-24-2010, 12:53 PM
Great news. He's quietly one of the best RT's in all of football. Even the Madden game isn't giving him enough credit rating him only an 85 when he should probably be at least a 90. Regardless though, this is great and I'm glad to have him back. Hope he can stay healthy all season.

Jagsbch
07-24-2010, 01:01 PM
Having the best tackle tandem back ought to allow this team to go to great strides in picking up where it left off when loosing the best Tackle Tandem in the league week 7 after a phenmenal 6-0 start. I'll drink to that~!!:beer:

Lonestar
07-24-2010, 02:33 PM
Well that is good news and IF he can stay healthy for a few more season ONE would hope he would get a nice contract either here or elsewhere.

NOW if Clady comes back and plays we should have a decent longterm OLINE in the making.

I suspect that he may not be back to full strength on the KNEE till next year, as it take about a year to get it back.

topscribe
07-24-2010, 03:35 PM
:dance:

-----

BroncoWave
07-24-2010, 03:59 PM
Well that is good news and IF he can stay healthy for a few more season ONE would hope he would get a nice contract either here or elsewhere.

NOW if Clady comes back and plays we should have a decent longterm OLINE in the making.

I suspect that he may not be back to full strength on the KNEE till next year, as it take about a year to get it back.

JR you capitalize the most random words! :lol:

Lonestar
07-24-2010, 04:03 PM

Yep I'm a randon kind a guy.

But I almost always cap oline except when I'm mobile.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Lonestar
07-24-2010, 04:04 PM
Helps to keep your attention.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Dirk
07-24-2010, 06:06 PM
Fantastic news!!

.........:cool:.........
:elefant::mad::mad::mad::elefant:

^^Tebow behind our oline with the bookends!!

Dean
07-24-2010, 07:11 PM
:shots:

I've wondered at Clady's recovery as well. I don't know when the season starts whether he will be full go or not. It is an injury I have never seen before and though I googled recovery from patella surgery I got no definative answers. I order to block, particularly against a bull rush, requires extreme lower body strength.:confused:

I guess we just hope for the best and will get our answer during the first month of the season.

rcsodak
07-24-2010, 07:41 PM

He's trying to keep up with Rav. :laugh: