PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Pat Bowlen

WARHORSE
07-23-2010, 09:24 PM
:salute::salute::salute:

Triple heel-stomp boot, orange and blue salute to our owner.

He has diligently been doing his job quietly while McD takes all the heat.

The last two years at a minimum can be called arduous for Mr. Bowlen.

While McD gets the blame, our owner lit the flame that sent Cutler on his way with a fire up his butt.

I can only liken the past few years for Bowlen, to someone who bought a fat bag of the shiniest apples he could find in a German grocer. He then goes to his Porche, exits onto the autobon and heads home.

Hitting 90, he reaches into his bag of apples to get a sample of the sweetness waiting there. Taking the first bite, he almost gags, looks at the apple to find it decaying inside.

Window down.

Eject.

Bye Jay Cutler.

Next apple..............

Eject.

Brandon Marshall bouncing along the highway money coming out his pockets spraying the highway.

Next.

Tony Scheffler.

Never even bit that one. Just looked at it from the outside.

Eject.

Bye big boy.

Next.

Crunch................ahh

Finally.

Dumerville.

With the signing of Dumerville, Pat Bowlen put in $116 million towards new players this off season. Thats solely with J. Williams, Bannan, Jarvis Green and Doom. That does not count the draft pick payouts nor all the other free agents.

Last year, Denver spent $100 million in free agency as well.

This was not Dan Snyder spending btw. That hundred mill brought 9 new defensive starting positions......not big diaper wearing, crybaby sissy who has the heart of a dead hamster.

Pat Bowlen is serious.
He likes what Josh McDaniels is doing.
Can you tell?

We are not spending big time money on any player who has there own agendas superseding the Broncos only agenda: Win the Superbowl.

Dont want to belong to that?

Eject.

Kudos to our owner for putting his money where his mouth is.
We want a winner. And so does he.

:beer:Love ya boss!

On a side note to all the guys: Are any of you havin any kind of problems with GEMs avatars? Dont get me wrong, go broncos and all that.....and of course we ALL love our GEM. But is it just me, or does anyone else feel like shes staring at you in some kinda predatory way? No matter what av she puts up. Im scrollin along a thread, mindin my own business...all kinds of avs going by....scantily clad women....broncos busters.....trolls, etc, etc.........and then GEMs post comes on, and my left eye starts twitchin like some kinda spider senses.:shocked:!!!

g O B R o N C O s..........right?

Kinduva unsuspecting mouse getting ready to get cat pounced kinda feelin.............am I alone here????;)

Hope I didnt rape me own thread btw.

Shazam!
07-23-2010, 10:00 PM
Nobody has a weirder way of expressing their love for our beloved Broncos than you do War.

Lonestar
07-23-2010, 10:04 PM
Great post until you hi-jilled it.

You need to get laid.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

WARHORSE
07-23-2010, 10:12 PM
Great post until you hi-jilled it.

You need to get laid.

Not so. I have a very loving and giving wife and Im not in any kind of need there.

Nothin but a little fun with GEM. :rolleyes:

HORSEPOWER 56
07-23-2010, 10:43 PM
Not so. I have a very loving and giving wife and Im not in any kind of need there.

I'm kind of fond of the current avi. Some really nice.... um, T-shirt....

Lonestar
07-23-2010, 10:57 PM

a little fun with Gem can cause issues at home IF she sees it.

Reign in those horses dude.

WARHORSE
07-24-2010, 04:17 AM
a little fun with Gem can cause issues at home IF she sees it.

Reign in those horses dude.

Appreciate the help..........but real love brings real security.

Insecurity comes from fear.

My wife can read it. And she'd probably pinch me and tell me to check out HER broncos jersey.

;)

GEM
07-24-2010, 08:19 AM
I was listening to Sandy last night on 104.3 last night and he was talking about how the Broncos SB's were built, the type of guys that made that up and when they went wrong. He got it from Schlereth. Schlereth brought up that the dream teams were built up of guys like Doom, good guys who loved the game, guys who had mad skills but non-destracting personalities. And there was a way that Bowlen and Shanny went about building that team. The type of guys that were "Broncos approved" and guys that they didn't even look at no matter how much talent they have.

He said that after the SB wins, Shanny took a player that never fit that mold, a guy that began the downfall of Shanny and led to one terrible personnel choice after another. We all know that player, he is one that doesn't need to be named, because many just like him followed.

They said that it appears that Bowlen is ridding his team of those type players and getting back to the successful model that paid off well before.

I can't fault Bowlen for that and I think that is why he hired McDaniels. McDaniels to him holds a person's character in high regard. Get on board or get out of the way. Who knows it if will pay off, but I can't be prouder of Bowlen for attempting to clean his franchise up.

Now....I am ready for some football!!! :rockon:

btw....the avatar stuff....:lol: the season rolls around and I gotta bring out the Broncos shirt avy's. If it's distracting I could always change to a granny knitting. :D

Spiritguy
07-24-2010, 12:02 PM
I can't fault Bowlen for that and I think that is why he hired McDaniels. McDaniels to him holds a person's character in high regard. Get on board or get out of the way. Who knows it if will pay off, but I can't be prouder of Bowlen for attempting to clean his franchise up.

btw....the avatar stuff....:lol: the season rolls around and I gotta bring out the Broncos shirt avy's. If it's distracting I could always change to a granny knitting. :D

That's always been a strange thing to me. Why would you change what you do if it is successful? Wonder if the time off gave Shanny a chance to reflect on that?

As far as the avy's go, keep up the good work! :listen: and don't you dare go granny on us. :lol:

atwater27
07-24-2010, 12:20 PM
I'm not impressed with Bowlen lately. What's to be impressed with? He fired Shanahan. We haven't improved since then, so what did it accomplish? Nothing.

Shazam!
07-24-2010, 12:20 PM
What's to be impressed with? He fired Shanahan.

He fired Shanahan after 3 mediocre seasons and fielding practically the worst defense in the NFL that was an embarassment for two straight years.

The type of guys that were "Broncos approved"

Broncos approved... I like that

atwater27
07-24-2010, 12:27 PM
He fired Shanahan after 3 mediocre seasons and fielding practically the worst defense in the NFL that was an embarassment for two straight years.

Fine. He fired mediocrity for rookie mediocrity. Wow. ballsy decision.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-24-2010, 12:34 PM
Fine. He fired mediocrity for rookie mediocrity. Wow. ballsy decision.

One year as a head coach is not enough time to define anything

hotcarl
07-24-2010, 12:45 PM
didnt read a single word :welcome:

GEM
07-24-2010, 12:47 PM
didnt read a single word :welcome:

But wasted the time to post a stupid reply....good lord, look at the genius on you! :rolleyes:

GEM
07-24-2010, 12:47 PM
I'm not impressed with Bowlen lately. What's to be impressed with? He fired Shanahan. We haven't improved since then, so what did it accomplish? Nothing.

We didn't get worse either...yikes. What does that say about the almighty Shanahan? Should Bowlen have just stuck with where we were? Should he have waited a few more years? I mean, what would it take for you to be happy with Bowlen that was within his reach?

Edmonton Bronco Fan
07-24-2010, 12:48 PM
The only apple I'm sad he didn't keep was the B-Marsh apple. But I suppose I can get over it for the time being since we have some great, exciting talent in the Receiver slot.

Really like the way Pat Bowlen has shown a vision for this franchise over the past couple years. I wasn't so sure last year, especially after the Bronco implosion but he seems to have a solid grasp on what needs to be done to get this organization back up to the level where it needs to be in all facets.

jhildebrand
07-24-2010, 12:49 PM

You wouldn't! :eek:

The avi is just fine the way it is :D

BroncoWave
07-24-2010, 12:51 PM

So tell us Mr. Football Expert, what would you have done to improve us that is just beyond Pat Bowlen's capabilities?

atwater27
07-24-2010, 12:59 PM
One year as a head coach is not enough time to define anything

Well he better get into gear. He's got Pikes peak to scale to even begin to catch up to Mike Shanahan's accomplishments.

BroncoWave
07-24-2010, 01:01 PM

Also let me add that I'm glad that you don't own a business. The short-sightedness of this view is amazing. To say a move has accomplished nothing because of one season is absolutely ridiculous at best.

I really hope you are just trolling and don't actually believe this post, because it just couldn't be more ridiculous.

BroncoWave
07-24-2010, 01:04 PM
Well he better get into gear. He's got Pikes peak to scale to even begin to catch up to Mike Shanahan's accomplishments. But you guys forgot about those, didn't you.

His one playoff win in his last 10 years here? Yeah, McD has quite the mountain to climb to accomplish that. Give him one of the best QBs, RBs, and TEs of all time like Shanny had and it might be fair to compare him to Shanny's early success.

GEM
07-24-2010, 01:07 PM
Well he better get into gear. He's got Pikes peak to scale to even begin to catch up to Mike Shanahan's accomplishments. But you guys forgot about those, didn't you.

Mike's accomplishments were done in his first few years. His later years wouldn't really be counted as accomplishments, moreso living off of the accomplishments of his early years. I love Shanny and what he did for my team, but be real about it. The guy went downhill after Elway left. After those guys took their leave. You can't replace the best with the worst for a decade and expect to have the same results. He went away from his own business plan, grasping for what he once had.

Lonestar
07-24-2010, 01:08 PM
That's always been a strange thing to me. Why would you change what you do if it is successful? Wonder if the time off gave Shanny a chance to reflect on that?

As far as the avy's go, keep up the good work! :listen: and don't you dare go granny on us. :lol:

Mikey was a leader of embracing exprienced UFAs. He showed the rest of the league how to do it and for the most part got them cheap.

After those first few years everyone was doing it and the prices skyrocketed for them so it was harder and harder to replicate the success in bringing in quality players as they were being snapped up by CONTENDERs like we were while John, TD,Zim, etc.were on the TEAM.

Other teams like PIT NE built their teams the old fashioned way via the draft and only picked a few players here and there to solidify their needs. In NE case they allowed a lot of drafted talent to leave when they got expensive.

But they drafted well in advance of those departures so were not hurt as much by them.

Mikey drafted poorly at best from his arrival till about 06 and frankly NOT so sure that one was all that great IF you take charcter into account.

IIRC the only impact players in all of those drafts to get a second contract with mickey were a few OL guys, Al Wilson, Gold, Price (we all saw how a fat contract worked there),TD and one other LB who had a neck injury and was forced to retire.

A very poor record for drafting all of those years.

Because of that we reached alot both in the draft as well as for lack of chracter guys in FA. Mikey was always looking for that next TD.

Were always in CAP hell because of all the dead money from his exploits or maybe implosions would be a better word. So many signing bonuses that wound up lumped together when they got cut after Jun 1st.

Anyway it has been refresing to see the direction we are headed since Pat made the changes he did.

It almost seems that they are playing that game that when the gopher pops up out of a hole they hit it with a hammer. Getting rid of the head cases until there is no more.

Bravo to Pat,Joe, Xman and Josh.

Northman
07-24-2010, 01:10 PM
His one playoff win in his last 10 years here? Yeah, McD has quite the mountain to climb to accomplish that. Give him one of the best QBs, RBs, and TEs of all time like Shanny had and it might be fair to compare him to Shanny's early success.

So basically what your saying is that both coaches need a HOF QB, TE, and great RB to win a SB but yet you want to criticize Shanahan for the last 10 years when he didnt have that? :confused:

BroncoWave
07-24-2010, 01:13 PM
So basically what your saying is that both coaches need a HOF QB, TE, and great RB to win a SB but yet you want to criticize Shanahan for the last 10 years when he didnt have that? :confused:

I didn't say McD needs that to win, I simply said that Shanny did. My point is that it's still too soon to say if McD is capable of winning with less talent than that.

I'm sorry but I don't care if Shanny started his career with 10 straight Super Bowls, one playoff win in 10 years is just not acceptable. Maybe McD is the answer, maybe he isn't, but it's absolutely retarded to call it a bad move after one season.

Northman
07-24-2010, 01:16 PM
I didn't say McD needs that to win, I simply said that Shanny did. My point is that it's still too soon to say if McD is capable of winning.

I'm sorry but I don't care if Shanny started his career with 10 straight Super Bowls, one playoff win in 10 years is just not acceptable. Maybe McD is the answer, maybe he isn't, but it's absolutely retarded to call it a bad move after one season.

Its also retarded to call him a success after one season as well.

BroncoWave
07-24-2010, 01:17 PM
Its also retarded to call him a success after one season as well.

Who's already declaring him a success? Most of us are saying that we like the direction he is taking this team in and we want him to have at least another year or 2 to prove that he can make the team better. No one that I've seen has flat out declared him a success.

Northman
07-24-2010, 01:21 PM
Who's already declaring him a success? Most of us are saying that we like the direction he is taking this team in and we want him to have at least another year or 2 to prove that he can make the team better. No one that I've seen has flat out declared him a success.

What direction is that? His moves havent produced anything to show its going in a good direction.

BroncoWave
07-24-2010, 01:30 PM
What direction is that? His moves havent produced anything to show its going in a good direction.

In your opinion.

In my opinion, and in the opinion of many others, his moves are building a solid TEAM without cancers and primma-donnas.

You may have been happy with the last 10 years of Shanahan, but most of us weren't. And if McD doesn't work out then we move onto the next guy, but to continue to let yourself be stuck in a rut because of what your coach did for you over a decade ago is just not very smart.

TXBRONC
07-24-2010, 01:32 PM

It's fine. A granny knitting is not necessary. :salute:

Northman
07-24-2010, 01:36 PM
In your opinion.

In my opinion, and in the opinion of many others, his moves are building a solid TEAM without cancers and primma-donnas.

You may have been happy with the last 10 years of Shanahan, but most of us weren't. And if McD doesn't work out then we move onto the next guy, but to continue to let yourself be stuck in a rut because of what your coach did for you over a decade ago is just not very smart.

I never said it did in fact ive said many times that Shanahan's tenure had run its course. I just think its silly to say the moves that McD has made so far are great moves when he hasnt shown any improvement on the field itself. Its still a wait and see approach because he hasnt proven anything yet as a result of those moves. And now your going to call out Atwater because he hasnt seen any improvement? Kind of hypocritical dont you think?

BroncoWave
07-24-2010, 01:43 PM
I never said it did in fact ive said many times that Shanahan's tenure had run its course. I just think its silly to say the moves that McD has made so far are great moves when he hasnt shown any improvement on the field itself. Its still a wait and see approach because he hasnt proven anything yet as a result of those moves. And now your going to call out Atwater because he hasnt seen any improvement? Kind of hypocritical dont you think?

I never said they are great moves either. You are really good at putting words in people's mouths. I said that I like the moves and think they will pay off in the long run, but I haven't already declared them great.

And no, it's not hypocritical to call Atwater out. I think it's ridiculous to criticize our owner after one season of a new HC, ESPECIALLY since he more than doubled basically everyone's projected win total for us last season.

If he wants to say he hasn't seen improvement, that's fine, but to criticize Bowlen at this point is pretty damn premature. If we regress this season he may have a point.

BroncoWave
07-24-2010, 01:53 PM
One more note, if anything it shows how good a coach he is that he can come in, put in an entirely different system not fitted for the players on the roster he inherited, dump who many considered the team's best and most important player, and still lead the team to the same record as the year before. Just imagine how much better we'll be now that we have the players to match the system and a team full of players who are all on the same page. Personally, I can't wait!

Northman
07-24-2010, 01:56 PM
One more note, if anything it shows how good a coach he is that he can come in, put in an entirely different system not fitted for the players on the roster he inherited, dump who many considered the team's best and most important player, and still lead the team to the same record as the year before. Just imagine how much better we'll be now that we have the players to match the system and a team full of players who are all on the same page. Personally, I can't wait!

Depends. A lot of that success was off the back of the defense early in the season installed by the DC at the time. At no point last year did the offense take control and carry the team which is our HC's forte or supposedly so. But i agree, this year will be interesting to see as a fan i expect a better record than last year. If not, well time to move on.

Lonestar
07-24-2010, 02:02 PM

Great points thanks for making them.

Some take like the direction we are NOW taking as We absolutely love Josh.

that he can do no wrong and There is NO ONE on this site that I have seen that has stated that. NO ONE.

As much As I like Josh he has made some ERRORs IMO that time and experience in grade he may not have done. But then mikey, well he was making bone head choices in his second tenure as HC many, many years after being a rookie HC.

SO those that expect perfection after ONE year have unrealistic expectations IMHO.

BroncoWave
07-24-2010, 02:07 PM
Depends. A lot of that success was off the back of the defense early in the season installed by the DC at the time. At no point last year did the offense take control and carry the team which is our HC's forte or supposedly so. But i agree, this year will be interesting to see as a fan i expect a better record than last year. If not, well time to move on.

Off the top of my head, the Dallas, NY, and @KC games would suggest otherwise. Our offense also made a great run at Philly late but our D couldn't stop them.

Northman
07-24-2010, 02:12 PM
Off the top of my head, the Dallas, NY, and @KC games would suggest otherwise. Our offense also made a great run at Philly late but our D couldn't stop them.

Dallas? Um no. If the defense had not limited them in the first half the game would of been over long before that. Same with the Patriot game. And good thing Champ intercepted Romo at the end to seal the win. But that game was clearly supported by the defense. Ill give you New York which of course was helped by Marshall who is no longer here of course. KC? i dont even remember that game but ill give it too you anyway. And make no mistake, just because teams like KC and Philly had bad defenses in their own right doesnt mean our offense was stellar.

scott.475
07-24-2010, 09:52 PM

Not distracting at all. In fact, I probably speak for many in saying not distracting enough...just sayin'...:laugh:

Bosco
07-24-2010, 10:03 PM

Shanahan was a known quantity. He wasn't going to overhaul his personnel management and was getting stale, so Pat made the decision to replace him with someone who could possibly return us to greatness.

Even if Josh crashes and burns, Pat still made the right choice.

TXBRONC
07-24-2010, 10:38 PM
Shanahan was a known quantity. He wasn't going to overhaul his personnel management and was getting stale, so Pat made the decision to replace him with someone who could possibly return us to greatness.

Even if Josh crashes and burns, Pat still made the right choice.

Those two different issue.

Letting Shanahan go may have been the right decision. But if McDaniels crashes and burns then he chose the wrong replacement. Bowlen hired McDaniels succeed not to fail.

TXBRONC
07-24-2010, 10:43 PM
Dallas? Um no. If the defense had not limited them in the first half the game would of been over long before that. Same with the Patriot game. And good thing Champ intercepted Romo at the end to seal the win. But that game was clearly supported by the defense. Ill give you New York which of course was helped by Marshall who is no longer here of course. KC? i dont even remember that game but ill give it too you anyway. And make no mistake, just because teams like KC and Philly had bad defenses in their own right doesnt mean our offense was stellar.

Our offense didn't show a lot improvement as the year progress. The in K.C. had a lot do with the Chiefs making mistakes. In the Philly game the offense did nothing in the first half.

WARHORSE
07-24-2010, 11:20 PM
I was listening to Sandy last night on 104.3 last night and he was talking about how the Broncos SB's were built, the type of guys that made that up and when they went wrong. He got it from Schlereth. Schlereth brought up that the dream teams were built up of guys like Doom, good guys who loved the game, guys who had mad skills but non-destracting personalities. And there was a way that Bowlen and Shanny went about building that team. The type of guys that were "Broncos approved" and guys that they didn't even look at no matter how much talent they have.

He said that after the SB wins, Shanny took a player that never fit that mold, a guy that began the downfall of Shanny and led to one terrible personnel choice after another. We all know that player, he is one that doesn't need to be named, because many just like him followed.

They said that it appears that Bowlen is ridding his team of those type players and getting back to the successful model that paid off well before.

If we look at the teams that dominated the league for years when it came to superbowls, 3 or more in a short span, I can only see a few: Pittsburg in the '70s, SF in the 80s, Dallas in the '90s, and Pats in the last few years.

Every single one of these teams built primarily through the draft.

The Broncos teams of 96 through 98 were dang good teams. Very good. The year we were upset by the Jagwads, we had a great shot at winning it all.

A team like the 98 Broncos is a case of all things coming together. The free agents we brought in were ballers like those Josh brought in......amazing similarities if I must say. Not stars.......but tough, smart football players.

Honestly, I believe building the way McDaniels is doing is not a guarantee of a dynasty.........but its your best shot.

As for granny mode GEM, we all know that try as you might, you dont have one.

(awww said the crowd)

You do have some serious kick to your football game
though .............for a chick.:salute:

GEM
07-24-2010, 11:48 PM
If we look at the teams that dominated the league for years when it came to superbowls, 3 or more in a short span, I can only see a few: Pittsburg in the '70s, SF in the 80s, Dallas in the '90s, and Pats in the last few years.

The Broncos teams of 96 through 98 were dang good teams. Very good. The year we were upset by the Jagwads, we had a great shot at winning it all.

A team like the 98 Broncos is a case of all things coming together. The free agents we brought in were ballers like those Josh brought in......amazing similarities if I must say. Not stars.......but tough, smart football players.

Honestly, I believe building the way McDaniels is doing is not a guarantee of a dynasty.........but its your best shot.

(awww said the crowd)

We'll see how these drafts the last 2 seasons turn out. I'm loving the offensive line additions so far, can't wait to see how it plays out.

Thanks, I love my football! :D

Lonestar
07-25-2010, 12:34 AM

(awww said the crowd)

\

Great post until you started to drool again.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

You are totally correct great Dynasties are primarily built through the draft and you forgot GB way back with Lombardi and Paul Brown was not bad either. but then they did not have free agency either.

If you look at NYG most of their players were draftees and on the DL a lot of them were later round guys.

NE had so many Draftees that they could afford to let them go when they became to expensive

just look at all the players they drafted during about the same time frame that mikey was here

2009 - New England Patriots
Rd Sel # Player Position School
2 34 Pat Chung DB Oregon
2 40 Ron Brace DT Boston College
2 41 Darius Butler DB Connecticut
2 58 Sebastian Vollmer T Houston
3 83 Brandon Tate WR North Carolina
3 97 Tyrone McKenzie OLB South Florida
4 123 Rich Ohrnberger G Penn State
5 170 George Bussey T Louisville
6 198 Jake Ingram C Hawaii
6 199 Stryker Sulak DE Missouri
6 207 Myron Pryor DT Kentucky
7 232 Julian Edelman WR Kent State
7 234 Darryl Richard DT Georgia Tech
2008 - New England Patriots
1 10 Jerod Mayo ILB Tennessee
2 62 Terrence Wheatley CB Colorado
3 78 Shawn Crable OLB Michigan
3 94 Kevin O'Connell QB San Diego State
4 129 Jonathan Wilhite CB Auburn
5 153 Matt Slater WR UCLA
6 197 Bo Ruud LB Nebraska
2007 - New England Patriots
1 24 Brandon Meriweather DB Miami (Fla.)
4 127 Kareem Brown DT Miami (Fla.)
5 171 Clint Oldenburg T Colorado State
6 180 Justin Rogers LB Southern Methodist
6 202 Mike Richardson DB Notre Dame
6 208 Justise Hairston RB Central Connecticut State
6 209 Corey Hilliard OT Oklahoma State
7 211 Oscar Lua LB USC
7 247 Mike Elgin G Iowa
2006 - New England Patriots
1 21 Laurence Maroney RB Minnesota
2 36 Chad Jackson WR Florida
3 86 David Thomas TE Texas
4 106 Garrett Mills RB Tulsa
4 118 Stephen Gostkowski K Memphis
5 136 Ryan O'Callaghan T California
6 191 Jeremy Mincey LB Florida
6 205 Dan Stevenson G Notre Dame
6 206 Le Kevin Smith DT Nebraska
7 229 Willie Andrews CB Baylor
2005 - New England Patriots
1 32 Logan Mankins G Fresno State
3 84 Ellis Hobbs CB Iowa State
3 100 Nick Kaczur T Toledo
4 133 James Sanders SAF Fresno State
5 170 Ryan Claridge LB Nevada-Las Vegas
7 230 Matt Cassel QB USC
7 255 Andy Stokes TE William Penn
2004 - New England Patriots
1 21 Vince Wilfork NT Miami (Fla.)
1 32 Benjamin Watson TE Georgia
2 63 Marquise Hill DE Louisiana State
3 95 Guss Scott SAF Florida
4 113 Dexter Reid SAF North Carolina
4 128 Cedric Cobbs RB Arkansas
5 164 P.K. Sam WR Florida State
7 233 Christian Morton CB Illinois
2003 - New England Patriots
1 13 Ty Warren DE Texas A&M
2 36 Eugene Wilson FS Illinois
2 45 Bethel Johnson WR Texas A&M
4 117 Dan Klecko DT Temple
4 120 Asante Samuel CB Central Florida
5 164 Dan Koppen C Boston College
6 201 Kliff Kingsbury QB Texas Tech
7 234 Spencer Nead TE Brigham Young
7 239 Tully Banta-Cain LB California
7 243 Ethan Kelley NT Baylor
2002 - New England Patriots
1 21 Daniel Graham TE Colorado
2 65 Deion Branch WR Louisville
4 117 Rohan Davey QB Louisiana State
4 126 Jarvis Green DE Louisiana State
7 237 Antwoine Womack RB Virginia
7 253 David Givens WR Notre Dame
2001 - New England Patriots
1 6 Richard Seymour DT Georgia
2 48 Matt Light T Purdue
3 86 Brock Williams CB Notre Dame
4 96 Kenyatta Jones T South Florida
4 119 Jabari Holloway TE Notre Dame
5 163 Hakim Akbar DB Washington
6 180 Arther Love TE South Carolina State
6 200 Leonard Myers CB Miami (Fla.)
7 216 Owen Pochman K Brigham Young
7 239 T.J. Turner LB Michigan State
2000 - New England Patriots
2 46 Adrian Klemm T Hawaii
3 76 J.R. Redmond RB Arizona State
4 127 Greg Randall T Michigan State
5 141 Dave Stachelski TE Boise State
5 161 Jeff Marriott -- Missouri
6 187 Antwan Harris CB Virginia
6 199 Tom Brady QB Michigan
6 201 David Nugent DT Purdue
7 226 Casey Tisdale -- New Mexico
7 239 Patrick Pass RB Georgia
1999 - New England Patriots
1 17 Damien Woody C Boston College
1 28 Andy Katzenmoyer MLB Ohio State
2 46 Kevin Faulk RB Louisiana State
3 91 Tony George DB Florida
5 154 Derrick Fletcher T Baylor
6 180 Marcus Washington -- Colorado
7 227 Michael Bishop QB Kansas State
7 241 Sean Morey WR Brown
J'Juan Cherry DB Arizona State
1998 - New England Patriots
1 18 Robert Edwards RB Georgia
1 22 Tebucky Jones DB Syracuse
2 52 Tony Simmons WR Wisconsin
2 54 Rod Rutledge TE Alabama
3 81 Chris Floyd RB Michigan
3 83 Greg Spires DE Florida State
4 115 Leonta Rheams DT Houston
5 145 Ron Merkerson LB Colorado
6 176 Harold Shaw RB Southern Mississippi
7 211 Jason Andersen C Brigham Young
1997 - New England Patriots
1 29 Chris Canty DB Kansas State
2 59 Brandon Mitchell DE Texas A&M
3 61 Sedrick Shaw RB Iowa
3 89 Chris Carter DB Texas
4 97 Damon Denson G Michigan
4 125 Ed Ellis T Buffalo
5 159 Vernon Crawford LB Florida State
6 192 Tony Gaiter WR Miami (Fla.)
7 230 Scott Rehberg T Central Michigan
1996 - New England Patriots
1 7 Terry Glenn WR Ohio State
2 36 Lawyer Milloy SS Washington
3 86 Tedy Bruschi LB Arizona
4 101 Heath Irwin G Colorado
4 119 Chris Sullivan DE Boston College
4 124 Kantroy Barber RB West Virginia
5 139 John Elmore G Texas
5 149 Christian Peter DT Nebraska
6 173 Chris Griffin TE New Mexico
6 195 Marrio Grier RB Tennessee-Chattanooga
6 206 Devin Wyman DT Kentucky State
7 216 Lovett Purnell TE West Virginia
7 247 J.R. Conrad C Oklahoma
1995 - New England Patriots
1 23 Ty Law CB Michigan
2 57 Ted Johnson ILB Colorado
3 74 Curtis Martin RB Pittsburgh
3 88 Jimmy Hitchcock CB North Carolina
4 112 Dave Wohlabaugh C Syracuse
6 195 Dino Philyaw RB Oregon
7 234 Carlos Yancy DB Georgia
1994 - New England Patriots
1 4 Willie McGinest OLB USC
2 35 Kevin Lee WR Alabama
3 78 Ervin Collier DT Florida A&M
3 90 Joe Burch C Texas Southern
4 121 John Burke TE Virginia Tech
5 135 Pat O'Neill P Syracuse
6 166 Steve Hawkins WR Western Michigan
6 168 Max Lane T Navy
7 198 Jay Walker QB Howard
7 222 Marty Moore LB Kentucky
1993 - New England Patriots
1 1 Drew Bledsoe QB Washington State
2 31 Chris Slade OLB Virginia
2 51 Todd Rucci T Penn State
2 56 Vincent Brisby WR Louisiana-Monroe
4 86 Kevin Johnson DT Texas Southern
4 110 Corwin Brown SS Michigan
5 113 Scott Sisson K Georgia Tech
5 138 Rich Griffith TE Arizona
6 142 Lawrence Hatch CB Florida
8 198 Troy Brown WR Marshall

a bunch of keepers on that list. While I did not check all of those hi-lited for some reason their names ring a bell.

I might add a lot of stiffs also but they were building a dynasty while we was a flash in the pan. IMHO

FWIW I do not recommend that anyone go back and look at our daftees during that time frame .

Bosco
07-25-2010, 04:10 AM
Those two different issue.

Letting Shanahan go may have been the right decision. But if McDaniels crashes and burns then he chose the wrong replacement. Bowlen hired McDaniels succeed not to fail.

Unfortunately coaching candidates don't come with some kind of guarantee that they'll be successful, which is why you have you have to do your due diligence in the hiring process and carefully consider their resumes. Thankfully for us, Pat Bowlen went out and got the best prospect of the available rookies and the fact that he had the most superior resume undoubtedly played a big role in that.

WARHORSE
07-25-2010, 04:25 AM
We'll see how these drafts the last 2 seasons turn out. I'm loving the offensive line additions so far, can't wait to see how it plays out.

Thanks, I love my football! :D

Although I know some of the draft picks wont pan out, I love the criteria we have in place in looking for players coming out of college.

Scheme specific, tough, smart football players with great work ethic and character.

Nuff said.

Youre welcome. Go B R O N C O S.:beer:

Lonestar
07-25-2010, 11:08 AM
I believe that Pat made a hell of a choice picking Josh.
Losing cutler was not the way I envisioned his tenure to start, but perhaps it is for the best.

We really do not know if he could be disciplended enuff to run this scheme. We all know that he had the arm. But did not seem to be mature enough to work with Josh or frankly I'm not sure if he will ever take orders from any OC or QB coach.

I do feel/know that the type of players Josh seems to be taking should make this a better TEAM and not a group of players that are out for individual glory.

I also believe that even if there are no super stars that you can win a lot of games as a TEAM. That said I am excited about the two WR's we got in this draft. Have this feeling that they will make almost everyone forget about bm.

WARHORSE
07-25-2010, 12:55 PM
I believe that Pat made a hell of a choice picking Josh.
Losing cutler was not the way I envisioned his tenure to start, but perhaps it is for the best.

We really do not know if he could be disciplended enuff to run this scheme. We all know that he had the arm. But did not seem to be mature enough to work with Josh or frankly I'm not sure if he will ever take orders from any OC or QB coach.

I do feel/know that the type of players Josh seems to be taking should make this a better TEAM and not a group of players that are out for individual glory.

I also believe that even if there are no super stars that you can win a lot of games as a TEAM. That said I am excited about the two WR's we got in this draft. Have this feeling that they will make almost everyone forget about bm.

I agree, what McDaniels has shown us to date is VERY impressive for a young man. Im looking forward to his continued growth as a HC.

Not only that, but we all have to remember Cutlers end of this.

Cutler did not want to be a Bronco.

To be honest with you, once he was traded, I think Cutler knows he screwed up.

His practice field looks like a farmyard compared to the Broncos facilities.

Pat Bowlen, (YEAH BOSS!) did not stoop to monday morning media spats with a leaving player like some owners I know. Ahem. I wont mention any names.

He wished Cutler the best, and thats a painful spank to someone who has just been exposed for being an immature individual.

Im glad Pat showed the class and decisivness that he did, and was unafraid to jettison the character, rather than have that type of character at the helm of his franchise.

People keep blaming Josh, but it was PB that pulled that rip cord.

You go Pat.:beer:

Bosco
07-25-2010, 12:56 PM

It would have been amazingly worth it to watch Josh lay into Cutler on the sidelines after another bone headed interception.

What's funny is that is exactly what Jay Cutler needs. He needs someone to take him down a notch, hold him accountable for his screw-ups, and make him stop playing like a reckless cowboy. Instead, he ends up traded to a team that coddles him even worse than Shanahan did.