PDA

View Full Version : McDaniels plans to make use of Tim Tebow's "unique skills"

T.K.O.
07-23-2010, 12:18 PM
McDaniels plans to make use of Tim Tebow's "unique skills"
Posted by Michael David Smith on July 23, 2010 12:31 PM ET
Broncos coach Josh McDaniels has been adamant since the team drafted Tim Tebow that the former Florida star is in Denver to play quarterback, not to change to another position. But Tebow is coming into the league as an excellent runner who struggles with his throwing mechanics, and McDaniels acknowledges that he may look to get Tebow on the field and use him differently than he uses starter Kyle Orton.

"Tim's got some unique skills and there's certainly no boundary on what we may try to do with any of our skill players, and Tim may allow us to do some things a little differently," McDaniels told Will Brinson of CBS Sports.

McDaniels added that "time will tell how we'll use different packages and that kind of thing," but he doesn't sound interested in having Tebow take snaps in the "Wild Horse" offense that the Broncos used effectively last year.

"No, the Wild Horse is different -- it's a different element for us," McDaniels said. "It's a little different than the Wildcat and if we were using the Wild Horse package, which we certainly used some last year, it would certainly be a halfback back there and it would likely be Knowshon [Moreno] or [Correll Buckhalter]."

So Tebow will play quarterback. He'll just play quarterback a little bit differently than Orton does.

"Tim's got some different skills," McDaniels said. "We're gonna experiment a little bit with a lot of different things in terms of our system, and we've made a lot of different changes both offensively and defensively and we'll see how Tim factors in."

claymore
07-23-2010, 12:30 PM
I read this as... "We may try some 5 yard screens".

BigDaddyBronco
07-23-2010, 12:42 PM
I read this as... "We may try some 5 yard screens".

Except Tebow doesn't need any blockers.

WARHORSE
07-23-2010, 01:49 PM
In the same interview:

CBS: Good deal. I'll get you out on this -- aside from the obvious names we've mentioned so far, give us one name to watch in training camp, whose performance in training camp you guys are anticipating might surprise the general fan.

JMcD: Well, there's a lot of players that are looking to improve. One player that really stood out in the spring because of his versatility, and because of some of the things he added to our defense is Nate Jones (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/492977). We signed Nate as a free agent from Miami -- he can play inside as the nickleback, he played outside at corner, we moved him to safety … he's a very smart player, a very cerebral guy who fits in great with our veteran players in the secondary and we're really excited to what he may bring to our defense and how we can use Nate's skills to really improve our team.

Jagsbch
07-23-2010, 02:15 PM
But Tebow is coming into the league as an excellent runner who struggles with his throwing mechanics,This kills me.

You do not attain the 4-year career NCAA passer effiecency record as a result of struggling with your mechanics:mad:

Jagsbch
07-23-2010, 02:18 PM
"No, the Wild Horse is different -- it's a different element for us," McDaniels said. "It's a little different than the Wildcat and if we were using the Wild Horse package, which we certainly used some last year, it would certainly be a halfback back there and it would likely be Knowshon [Moreno] or [Correll Buckhalter]."

Well that settles that. Awesome...

dogfish
07-23-2010, 02:23 PM

according to rumor, josh has five thousand gallons of water he wants tim to turn to wine. . . .

underrated29
07-23-2010, 02:26 PM
In the same interview:

CBS: Good deal. I'll get you out on this -- aside from the obvious names we've mentioned so far, give us one name to watch in training camp, whose performance in training camp you guys are anticipating might surprise the general fan.

JMcD: Well, there's a lot of players that are looking to improve. One player that really stood out in the spring because of his versatility, and because of some of the things he added to our defense is Nate Jones (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/492977). We signed Nate as a free agent from Miami -- he can play inside as the nickleback, he played outside at corner, we moved him to safety … he's a very smart player, a very cerebral guy who fits in great with our veteran players in the secondary and we're really excited to what he may bring to our defense and how we can use Nate's skills to really improve our team.

well.......

Locks-
Champ,goody,phonz, That is 3.

Bubble-
cox (prob a lock), nate jones, tony carter, syd squid, other 7th rdr

What do we norm keep? 5?,6?

So- champ,goody,phonz,nate jones, cox, carter?

our 7ths go PS

TXBRONC
07-23-2010, 02:36 PM
This kills me.

You do not attain the 4-year career NCAA passer effiecency record as a result of struggling with your mechanics:mad:

There's no reason to let it upset. If he kept the same release that he had in college he would be way to slow and prone to being stripped. He's been working on cleaning up delivery since the Senior Bowl. If Tim cleans that up he'll be fine.

claymore
07-23-2010, 02:39 PM
according to rumor, josh has five thousand gallons of water he wants tim to turn to wine. . . .

Thats a great Idea Dog. When I go to the Jags game in Sept I will hand Tebow my nachos, and he will make it into 2 nachos one for me, one for my kid.

roomemp
07-23-2010, 02:57 PM
well.......

Locks-
Champ,goody,phonz, That is 3.

Bubble-
cox (prob a lock), nate jones, tony carter, syd squid, other 7th rdr

What do we norm keep? 5?,6?

So- champ,goody,phonz,nate jones, cox, carter?

our 7ths go PS

He probably makes the squad because we cut loose a safety.......Barrett probably

Traveler
07-23-2010, 04:54 PM
He probably makes the squad because we cut loose a safety.......Barrett probably

Barrett makes the team. Jones makes Carter expendable IMO. Carter offers no ST value.

arapaho2
07-23-2010, 05:22 PM
Thats a great Idea Dog. When I go to the Jags game in Sept I will hand Tebow my nachos, and he will make it into 2 nachos one for me, one for my kid.

wrong....give a man some nachos and you feed him for a day

teach him to make his own dam nachos and you feed him life

T.K.O.
07-23-2010, 05:42 PM

or maybe he would just keep them and tell you "they're mine....nachos":D

Ravage!!!
07-23-2010, 05:52 PM
This kills me.

Yes you do. He has the record, and has problems with his mechanics.

arapaho2
07-23-2010, 05:52 PM
i found this little story interesting..http://hubpages.com/hub/Tim-Tebow-Accomplishments-Combine-and-NFL

Tim Tebow in the NFL Combine

Tim Tebow just recently made his appearance at the NFL combine and despite the fact that some people want to continue bashing his success, he showed some really positive signs of his potential and capability at the next level. He did many things excellently, and continued to prove why he's an excellent asset. The team that decides to take a chance on Tebow will end up rewarded with a great player and of course a great person.
That's one of the strengths of Tebow right there, the fact that he's such a quality human being. He's a strong leader, and he rallies the people around him to achieve past their expectations. You don't win two college national championships and a Heisman trophy without being able to motivate and inspire the people around for you. People want to play with Tebow and they end up performing better than ever before.
Tebow of course also has an amazingly strong will. Once again, you don't accomplish all of those things without being dedicated to succeed, without working as hard as you can and always striving for greatness. Simply put, Tebow is a man that's not to be denied and that's what made him a great college football player, will make him a high quality NFL player and will make him succeed in all aspects of life, no matter what other endeavors he takes on or dives into.
That drive and will is also important because of the work Tebow is doing on improving his performance as a quarterback. He is working extremely hard to perfect and fix his new throwing motion, so that he will be a superior NFL player. He is already more accurate, has a quicker motion and is more in the NFL style of playing. As time goes on he will continue to make more improvements, and with his willpower you know that he will never stop until he reaches his goal and becomes the kind of player that people want him to be.
Tebow also did a lot of physical tests in the combine. What all of the scouts found out was that Tebow was probably even more athletic and capable than people already give him credit for. He can jump four feet in the air, he can run fast and he's a very powerful man. All of these things show how capable and versatile he will be able to be in the NFL. Just imagine him in the Wildcat and all of the amazing plays he would be able to make!
The bottom line is that Tim Tebow was excellent at the combine and you can expect big things from him over the next few months. You know he'll improve even more before the draft, and one team is going to be very lucky to be able to draft him. With his personality and leadership, along with his athletic capabilities, his improved throwing motion and his drive to succeed no matter what, he's a winner in every way and he will make a big impact in the league.

although i dont thing his 38.8 vert equals 4 feet

Ravage!!!
07-23-2010, 05:54 PM
Well that settles that. Awesome...

I don't think it does. While saying this, you read his words and ask "Then what are you talking about "packages for his unique talents?" If its not using the talents as a threat to run, and pass, then what 'unique talents' does he possess that we haven't seen?

To me, he's trying to say "we aren't going to use him in the wild horses set, but we'll use him in the Wild Tebow set." No difference, other than the name. It doesn't even really make sense, to me, to make this statement at all.

GGMoogly
07-23-2010, 06:56 PM
Tim Tebow's "unique skills"? It's called being a WINNER! :salute:

T.K.O.
07-23-2010, 08:17 PM
I don't think it does. While saying this, you read his words and ask "Then what are you talking about "packages for his unique talents?" If its not using the talents as a threat to run, and pass, then what 'unique talents' does he possess that we haven't seen?

To me, he's trying to say "we aren't going to use him in the wild horses set, but we'll use him in the Wild Tebow set." No difference, other than the name. It doesn't even really make sense, to me, to make this statement at all.

i'm pretty sure it would'nt be prudent to explain in detail how tebow might or will be used at this juncture:salute:

dogfish
07-23-2010, 08:28 PM

well, that and walking on water-- but as impressive as that one sounds, it has actually proven to be of limited value on the football field. . .

great cocktail party gag, though. . . .

dogfish
07-23-2010, 08:30 PM
i'm pretty sure it would'nt be prudent to explain in detail how tebow might or will be used at this juncture:salute:

during the height of the cold war, we naturally hid the location of our missiles from the commies-- this is basically the same thing. . . .

besides. . . trying to describe tebow is like trying to stab the wind or shoot a bullet at the sun. . . .

Jagsbch
07-23-2010, 09:47 PM
Tim Tebow's "unique skills"? It's called being a WINNER! :salute:http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?u=8818&dateline=1276350308Josh McDaniels: Denver Broncos Head Coach Has "Experts" Stumped Again (http://bleacherreport.com/users/38959-omar-brown)

:salute::beer::salute:

bcbronc
07-23-2010, 10:02 PM

I know right, cuz Urban Meyer was a college coach loser before he got himself a Tebow.

dogfish
07-23-2010, 10:12 PM
I know right, cuz Urban Meyer was a college coach loser before he got himself a Tebow.

Bill Walsch was a great pro coach before he got Steve Young, but Steve Young is in the Hall of Fame.

[/Boggle]

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/4607/throwingcastnetsexpandi.gif (http://img44.imageshack.us/i/throwingcastnetsexpandi.gif/)

TXBRONC
07-23-2010, 10:23 PM
well, that and walking on water-- but as impressive as that one sounds, it has actually proven to be of limited value on the football field. . .

great cocktail party gag, though. . . .

Speaking of cocktail parties. Tim also never has to go to a liquor store because he can turn water into wine.

JaxBroncoGirl
07-24-2010, 05:04 AM
Cannot wait til his so called mechanics hit the field and blow you away.

broncophan
07-24-2010, 05:12 AM
If Tebow plays alot (at least from the QB position)....this season......we are in for a long, long, season.

JaxBroncoGirl
07-24-2010, 05:39 AM
The writers and people that pick Tebow apart are the ones that are not getting it. He is a complete package physically and mentally. Throwing motion, running, whatever! What you will see on the field is a winner and competitor. Timmy will find ways to make every play count by moving the chains. That is what it is all about. Once we see this, no one here will pick him apart any more.

TXBRONC
07-24-2010, 10:02 AM
Cannot wait til his so called mechanics hit the field and blow you away.

If their was nothing wrong with his mechanics why has been working the entire offseason to correct it?

The writers and people that pick Tebow apart are the ones that are not getting it. He is a complete package physically and mentally. Throwing motion, running, whatever! What you will see on the field is a winner and competitor. Timmy will find ways to make every play count by moving the chains. That is what it is all about. Once we see this, no one here will pick him apart any more.

What people are you referring too? No one picking Tebow apart. The only thing that has ever been brought up is his mechanics. Again if his mechanics weren't a problem why has he been working to clean it up. I may be going out on a limb here but I think long time Denver Broncos fans are going to root for Tebow because he is Denver Bronco not because he played for the freakin University of Florida.

Jagsbch
07-24-2010, 10:28 AM
What people are you referring too? No one picking Tebow apart.

No one eh? ROTFLMAO at the rock you must be living under...

http://failsalon.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/faceplant065qm.jpg

Denver Native (Carol)
07-24-2010, 10:34 AM
No one eh? ROTFLMAO at the rock you must be living under...

Taking a wait and see approach with Tebow does not indicate anyone is living under a rock. Tebow had a great college career - no one is disputing that. Does that absolutely guarantee he will have a great pro career - of course not.

Jagsbch
07-24-2010, 10:40 AM
Taking a wait and see approach with Tebow does not indicate anyone is living under a rock. Tebow had a great college career - no one is disputing that. Does that absolutely guarantee he will have a great pro career - of course not.

No one said it did carol. :confused:

What is wrong with taking a wait and see approach? Nothing...

The point I was making to TX is that denying all the so-called experts takes regarding why Tebow will fail is laughable.

GEM
07-24-2010, 10:46 AM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. In Jagsbch opinion, Tebow will succeed no matter what, in TX's opinion it's a wait and see. Don't demean each other because your opinions don't match. In the end we all want Tebow to succeed for our own reasons, but to pick someone apart because they don't fully believe yet is really silly. Jagsbch, you watched Tebow at FL faithfully, some of us haven't. We haven't seen what you have seen, now maybe after we've see it, we'll all believe.

Jagsbch
07-24-2010, 10:55 AM
Don't demean each other because your opinions don't match.

Telling NFL fans not to demean eachother? Now that is a riot...:D

Ravage!!!
07-24-2010, 11:02 AM
Telling NFL fans not to demean eachother? Now that is a riot...:D

Are you an NFL fan, or just a Tebow fan. Because, I honestly can't tell.

Jagsbch
07-24-2010, 11:42 AM
why does it matter?:confused:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/78dqWDC1lEY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/78dqWDC1lEY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Northman
07-24-2010, 11:50 AM

Thats certainly your belief but until it actually happens at the pro level its nothing but hot air at the moment.

TXBRONC
07-24-2010, 12:25 PM
No one said it did carol. :confused:

What is wrong with taking a wait and see approach? Nothing...

The point I was making to TX is that denying all the so-called experts takes regarding why Tebow will fail is laughable.

No you didn't read my post correctly. You and Jax both criticising Broncos fans for saying that Tebow need to tight up his throwing motion which by means anyone wants him to fail. If you actually would read my posts you would know that it's not that I deny what some experts say I just don't care.

Since you've missed I'll show you what I addressed from jaxgatorgirl3.

Once we see this, no one here will pick him apart any more.

It's a blatantly false statement no one HERE has picked Tebow apart. The only thing that has been mentioned in a critical fashion is that he needs to tighten up his throwing motion.

Jagsbch
07-24-2010, 12:58 PM
No you didn't read my post correctly. You and Jax both criticising Broncos fans

Let me get this straight, your criticising me for criticizing fans who critise Tebow. :confused:

Boo Hoo Hoo skin is thick enough to dish out criticism, but you pout and whine becuase you can't take it? the hypocrisy here is almost as strange as the irony.

:musicus: Cry me a river as if :withstupid:

GEM
07-24-2010, 01:02 PM
Let me get this straight, your criticising me for criticizing fans who critise Tebow. :confused:

Boo Hoo Hoo skin is thick enough to dish out criticism, but you pout and whine becuase you can't take it? the hypocrisy here is almost as strange as the irony.

:musicus: Cry me a river as if :withstupid:

You might want to take some lessons on how to have a conversation. You put out some point and someone else replies. Now they may reply something you don't agree with, that doesn't mean to jump all over them for simply not agreeing with every point you make. Learn how to have a conversation without attacking the others in the conversation. If a conversation is out of your realm of comfort, you need to go back to a one sided blog instead of a many sided message board.

Quit taking criticism of Tebow so freaking personal...you aren't Tebow. ;)

Northman
07-24-2010, 01:05 PM
You might want to take some lessons on how to have a conversation. You put out some point and someone else replies. Now they may reply something you don't agree with, that doesn't mean to jump all over them for simply not agreeing with every point you make. Learn how to have a conversation without attacking the others in the conversation. If a conversation is out of your realm of comfort, you need to go back to a one sided blog instead of a many sided message board.

Gazunga's!

TXBRONC
07-24-2010, 01:22 PM
Gazunga's!

Is this Yiddish? :confused: :D

Northman
07-24-2010, 01:25 PM
Is this Yiddish? :confused: :D

http://www.chucksconnection.com/encino/encino01.jpg

broncophan
07-24-2010, 01:36 PM

owned.....

I hope Tebow does grrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttt

TXBRONC
07-24-2010, 01:41 PM
http://www.chucksconnection.com/encino/encino01.jpg

I've never been able to watch all of Encinoman.

Jagsbch
07-24-2010, 01:41 PM

Well if aint the pot calling the kettle black.

You jumping all over me trying to tell me I need to learn how to have a conversation with out attacking someone, how hypocritical can you get considering how now I am being attacked by you because you clearly seem to be taking my criticism of TX personal.

Quit taking criticism of TX so freaking personal...you aren't TX. :rolleyes:

I am comfortable with this conversation, while clearly understanding there is no way in hell you could possibly be. :lol:

Northman
07-24-2010, 01:44 PM
Nice, keep pissing off the mods. I beg of you please keep doing it. :)

broncophan
07-24-2010, 01:45 PM
The last time someone called GEM "pot".....they didn't live.....you better be careful...

Jagsbch
07-24-2010, 01:45 PM
Look I hate being accused of something someone else is actually doing to me. Show me where I have attacked anyone?

Being a Mod does not give you the right to act stupid. Being banned by stupid mods is a badge of honor, I have a whole closet full.

broncophan
07-24-2010, 01:48 PM
Look I hate being accused of something someone else is actually doing to me. Show me where I have attacked anyone?

just don't be an ass.........and you may survive here.....at least until football season.....although I am not a mod...no one wants to get on here and see stupid ass bickering.....esp from newbies like yourself............good luck man...

Denver Native (Carol)
07-24-2010, 01:48 PM
How about let's all get back to posting on what the thread topic is:

TXBRONC
07-24-2010, 01:49 PM
Well if aint the pot calling the kettle black.

You jumping all over me trying to tell me I need to learn how to have a conversation with out attacking someone, how hypocritical can you get considering how now I am being attacked by you because you clearly seem to be taking my criticism of TX personal.

Quit taking criticism of TX so freaking personal...you aren't TX. :rolleyes:

I am comfortable with this conversation, while clearly understanding there is no way in hell you could possibly be. :lol:

You do know that GEM is a moderator right?

When a moderator tells you it's time to let you really should.

Northman
07-24-2010, 01:50 PM

Being a Mod does not give you the right to act stupid. Being banned by stupid mods is a badge of honor, I have a whole closet full.

For the record, you started the bs in post #30 by claiming that TX is living under a rock. Now, you've gone and called Gem stupid. Good move slick. Personally, i hope you keep it up as i personally wont miss you so by all means keep disregarding a mod's order to chill out. Rock on Jags!!

Jagsbch
07-24-2010, 01:53 PM
You have to be living under a rock to claim that no one is picking Tebow apart.

Originally Posted by jaxgatorgirl3

Originally Posted by TX
What people are you referring too? No one picking Tebow apart...

You have to be living under a rock to claim that no one has criticised tebow.

Now I have covered this topic Ad naseum. To hear TX make this rediculous statement towards the girl who made it was laughable. How can anyone in their right mind say no one is picking tebow apart?

Would you not have to be living under the proverbial rock to make such an audacious claim?

I stand behind this statement, and if anyone wants to construde it as an attack, then sobeit.

TXBRONC
07-24-2010, 01:53 PM
How about let's all get back to posting on what the thread topic is:

I think I said this earlier but I might as well say it again. It's rather nebulous on how he's going to use Tebow.

broncophan
07-24-2010, 01:58 PM
I think I said this earlier but I might as well say it again. It's rather nebulous on how he's going to use Tebow.

I look forward to Tebow being a bronco for a long time......but imo.....if Tebow plays alot (at least at qb).....it would mean Orton is struggling or hurting.....and Quinn isn't getting it done either.......and the broncos are losing alot.

I hope for better this season...

Denver Native (Carol)
07-24-2010, 01:58 PM

Of course it is nebulous on how he's going to use Tebow - would not be smart if Coach McD told the whole world exactly how he was going to use him.

Northman
07-24-2010, 02:01 PM
I would still like to see what Quinn could do. I would rather watch him start than Orton as im just not convinced that Orton is the answer as a starter.

TXBRONC
07-24-2010, 02:04 PM
Of course it is nebulous on how he's going to use Tebow - would not be smart if Coach McD told the whole world exactly how he was going to use him.

What I'm saying Carol is that I'm curious as to what he means by that.

GEM
07-24-2010, 02:31 PM

I can see why. Get your head out of Tebow's ass and understand that everyone here wants Tebow to be a success....some just aren't riding his jock quite like you.

Now quit acting like billy bad ass, I have been banned plenty of places for being a jackass and move along kiddo.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-24-2010, 02:33 PM
What I'm Carol is that I'm curious as to what he means by that.

Until we see it, we can only guess - i.e. put him in on certain plays as a decoy, line him up in the backfield and hike the ball to him, or throw the ball to him and then he throws a pass downfield, - probably many things that could be done.

TXBRONC
07-24-2010, 02:46 PM
Until we see it, we can only guess - i.e. put him in on certain plays as a decoy, line him up in the backfield and hike the ball to him, or throw the ball to him and then he throws a pass downfield, - probably many things that could be done.

According to McDaniels he's says he's going to be used anything other than a quarterback.

dogfish
07-24-2010, 05:11 PM

go dry hump tebow's leg somewhere else ,

:welcome:

JaxBroncoGirl
07-24-2010, 06:48 PM
go dry hump tebow's leg somewhere else ,

:welcome:

Come on, Lets play nice. The funny thing is, Tebow has what it takes. You could put him in now and he will produce. Tebow has the Football Gift. Mentally and Physically the guy is ready. This is what he has worked for; NFL since he was 5 years old.

He is ready, so some of us kinda jump the gun a bit. Tim is ready to lead this team to win. He is not use to loosing that is for sure. Break him down he does not mind, he is all football and all QB - I say put him in especially in the Jaguar game. He already knows most of the playbook because McD and Meyer share their books. Ok, he throws different, who cares, he can throw it 70 yards. He runs over defensive players all the time. Guys this is a win win situation here. Tim is already Pro Ready!!!!!!!!!!!:shocked:

Denver Native (Carol)
07-24-2010, 06:56 PM
Come on, Lets play nice. The funny thing is, Tebow has what it takes. You could put him in now and he will produce. Tebow has the Football Gift. Mentally and Physically the guy is ready. This is what he has worked for; NFL since he was 5 years old.

He is ready, so some of us kinda jump the gun a bit. Tim is ready to lead this team to win. He is not use to loosing that is for sure. Break him down he does not mind, he is all football and all QB - I say put him in especially in the Jaguar game. He already knows most of the playbook because McD and Meyer share their books. Ok, he throws different, who cares, he can throw it 70 yards. He runs over defensive players all the time. Guys this is a win win situation here. Tim is already Pro Ready!!!!!!!!!!!:shocked:

Watching the Broncos for years, and by living in the Denver metro area, I could not tell you how many times I have heard rookies say that pro ball is way different than college ball. Not every college player is good enough to play pro ball, so when you are playing college ball, you are not playing against the talent that you are in the pros - the best of the best.

Again, we all want Tebow to succeed, but it will take time. The best way to ruin a rookie QB, is throw him to the wolves. Is it not better for Tebow to practice and stand on the sidelines and learn?

TXBRONC
07-24-2010, 08:20 PM

You have no idea if Tebow acutally ready to step and be a starting quarterback in the NFL.

Knowing the playbook is big but it's not the all in all to end all. Can he execute it? I don't if can or not and reasonably sure no one else around here does either.

You didn't answer my last question to you for whatever reason maybe you'll answer this. If he's NFL why does McDaniels have him listed as third string quarterback?

TXBRONC
07-24-2010, 08:34 PM
Watching the Broncos for years, and by living in the Denver metro area, I could not tell you how many times I have heard rookies say that pro ball is way different than college ball. Not every college player is good enough to play pro ball, so when you are playing college ball, you are not playing against the talent that you are in the pros - the best of the best.

Again, we all want Tebow to succeed, but it will take time. The best way to ruin a rookie QB, is throw him to the wolves. Is it not better for Tebow to practice and stand on the sidelines and learn?

Exactly everyone here wants him to succeed because he's a Denver Bronco. I differ with you slight on the idea that starting a rookie quarterback will ruin them. I think it's all dependent on the circumstances and readiness of the quarterback.

That being said I would image you read the samethings I did in the DP that Tebow struggled during quarterback camp and mini camp. It wasn't all bad but at this time he's not ready. If Tebow were ready I really don't think he would be going into training camp as the 3rd string quarterback.

GEM
07-24-2010, 11:51 PM

It's nice you feel that way. Unfortunately, I don't know you from Joe Schmoe and want to see it on an NFL field rather than take your word for it or have it crammed down my throat. No one is saying they don't want what your selling, believe me, for the sake of our beloved BRONCOS, we do. We just aren't going to jump on the bandwagon without seeing the product on an NFL field. ;)

Your last line...Time is already Pro Ready....is an opinion. There is no proof of this as he's never been a PRO. ;)

See what we are all getting at? It's not a knock on Tebow, it's just that no one knows how he will fare.

Northman
07-25-2010, 11:52 AM
It's nice you feel that way. Unfortunately, I don't know you from Joe Schmoe and want to see it on an NFL field rather than take your word for it or have it crammed down my throat. No one is saying they don't want what your selling, believe me, for the sake of our beloved BRONCOS, we do. We just aren't going to jump on the bandwagon without seeing the product on an NFL field. ;)

Your last line...Time is already Pro Ready....is an opinion. There is no proof of this as he's never been a PRO. ;)

See what we are all getting at? It's not a knock on Tebow, it's just that no one knows how he will fare.

Bingo.

Lonestar
07-25-2010, 12:32 PM
Kinda thought this was a place to post YOUR ideas,dreams and beliefs.

Those that share them could comment about them.

Yet the last few posts seem to say they do not want Opinions that some have seen expressed until they themselves see it.

Some had that same mentality when Ron Dane was a bronco.

Does it really matter what brought the poster to the forum.

Many came to b bronco fans because of Elway. Some came to ride mikeys tail. Some came only because the lombardi's.

Just because some one is a Tebow fan first and came here because of it they IMO should not be shouted down.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

GEM
07-25-2010, 10:21 PM
Kinda thought this was a place to post YOUR ideas,dreams and beliefs.

Those that share them could comment about them.

Yet the last few posts seem to say they do not want Opinions that some have seen expressed until they themselves see it.

Some had that same mentality when Ron Dane was a bronco.

Many came to b bronco fans because of Elway. Some came to ride mikeys tail. Some came only because the lombardi's.

Just because some one is a Tebow fan first and came here because of it they IMO should not be shouted down.

Put the bolded part the other way around Jr.

Just because someone is a BRONCOS fan first and came here because of it they should not be shouted down.

None of us have an issue with over zealous Tebow fans, but don't get so freaking angry just because we don't agree or can't agree yet. Don't get angry because we aren't just going to take their word for it. I mean it's nice to see that prerogative and hope that it will be the same for Tebow in Denver, BUT be willing to accept others opinions and that there are some concerns.

TXBRONC
07-25-2010, 10:40 PM

Just because someone is a BRONCOS fan first and came here because of it they should not be shouted down.

None of us have an issue with over zealous Tebow fans, but don't get so freaking angry just because we don't agree or can't agree yet. Don't get angry because we aren't just going to take their word for it. I mean it's nice to see that prerogative and hope that it will be the same for Tebow in Denver, BUT be willing to accept others opinions and that there are some concerns.

Well said GEM.

Lonestar
07-25-2010, 11:22 PM

why not take their word for it. perhaps they have a lot better insight about him than anyone here does.

I can see it from both sides of the coin.

They know nothing about the Broncos

some no nothing about Tebow.

I would think BOTH would be happy to hear about the other.

only a few grumpy fans were jumping all over them for believing in what they KNOW what they have seen.

I do not believe anyone can truthfully say he is going to fail.

Yet some of the grump butts are willing to jump down a NEW fans throat for stating an opinion on him.

I know I was not a believer in teh kid because of what I had heard in the press, frankly maybe even a little jealous of the guys success.

Once I heard from a friend that is a huge gator fan someone that I trusted to give me the straight scoop I changed my mind and watched as many u tubes and game film I could lay my hands on.

HE impresses me with his play and even more so with his attitude and willingness to do what is necessary to win the job.

GEM
07-25-2010, 11:39 PM
why not take their word for it. perhaps they have a lot better insight about him than anyone here does.

I can see it from both sides of the coin.

They know nothing about the Broncos

some no nothing about Tebow.

I would think BOTH would be happy to hear about the other.

only a few grumpy fans were jumping all over them for believing in what they KNOW what they have seen.

I do not believe anyone can truthfully say he is going to fail.

Yet some of the grump butts are willing to jump down a NEW fans throat for stating an opinion on him.

I know I was not a believer in teh kid because of what I had heard in the press, frankly maybe even a little jealous of the guys success.

Once I heard from a friend that is a huge gator fan someone that I trusted to give me the straight scoop I changed my mind and watched as many u tubes and game film I could lay my hands on.

HE impresses me with his play and even more so with his attitude and willingness to do what is necessary to win the job.

Keep your grump butts name calling to yourself.

If you don't see what I was talking about, you obviously didn't read through the entire thread. NO ONE is jumping on them for having their opinion. The fact that they take their opinion as fact and jam it down people's throats because others are taking a wait and see for themselves outlook is the issue. No one has to agree with their opinion and we certainly don't need to be told to take their opinion as fact. Jags got pissy because TX said he was taking a wait and see approach. Because he jumped on TX for having his own opinion and not respecting that someone else has that right to their opinion was the issue.

If you are going to jump in the middle of something, at least know the facts before getting neck deep.

Lonestar
07-25-2010, 11:44 PM
I did read through the whole thread and I did see folks being grump butts for them making statements. JUST because they were newbies.

Perhaps you should go back and read it.

GEM
07-25-2010, 11:51 PM
I did read through the whole thread and I did see folks being grump butts for them making statements. JUST because they were newbies.

Perhaps you should go back and read it.

You must be blind then. Just because they were newbies, huh. :laugh:

Read Page 2.

It started with this:

Then went to Jags posting an inappropriate pic in response to TX questioning Tebow's mechanics.

Then to TX's post:

If their was nothing wrong with his mechanics why has been working the entire offseason to correct it?

What people are you referring too? No one picking Tebow apart. The only thing that has ever been brought up is his mechanics. Again if his mechanics weren't a problem why has he been working to clean it up. I may be going out on a limb here but I think long time Denver Broncos fans are going to root for Tebow because he is Denver Bronco not because he played for the freakin University of Florida.

So again.... because TX questioned Tebow's mechanics and took a wait and see approach, the newbies got offended, started posting inappropriate pics and generally getting offensive. No one even ripped Tebow apart and these 2 went on the offensive. Now we all are still allowed to have opinions here and NO ONE was jumped on simply because they are new. :rolleyes:

TXBRONC
07-25-2010, 11:55 PM
There's no reason to let it upset. If he kept the same release that he had in college he would be way to slow and prone to being stripped. He's been working on cleaning up delivery since the Senior Bowl. If Tim cleans that up he'll be fine.

What people are you referring too? No one is picking Tebow apart. The only thing that has ever been brought up is his mechanics. Again if his mechanics weren't a problem why has he been working to clean it up. I may be going out on a limb here but I think long time Denver Broncos fans are going to root for Tebow because he is Denver Bronco not because he played for the freakin University of Florida.

No you didn't read my post correctly. You and Jax both criticising Broncos fans for saying that Tebow need to tight up his throwing motion which by means anyone wants him to fail. If you actually would read my posts you would know that it's not that I deny what some experts say I just don't care.

Since you've missed I'll show you what I addressed from jaxgatorgirl3.

It's a blatantly false statement no one HERE has picked Tebow apart. The only thing that has been mentioned in a critical fashion is that he needs to tighten up his throwing motion.

You have no idea if Tebow acutally is ready to step and be a starting quarterback in the NFL.

Knowing the playbook is big but it's not the all in all to end all. Can he execute it? I don't if can or not and reasonably sure no one else around here does either.

You didn't answer my last question to you for whatever reason maybe you'll answer this. If he's NFL why does McDaniels have him listed as third string quarterback?

I think this is every response I had with both Jags and Jax. There's not one mention of the fact they are newbies.

arapaho2
07-26-2010, 11:33 AM

some also came because thier welcome wore thin on the other board because of their constant nagging about shanny....critsizing the selection of cutler...glorifing plummmer to the point of us pukeing

you mean everything you post we should reply with...your still upset over plummer....or ...some posters cant let go of the idea plummers comeing back...you just hate because of plummer:lol:

because thats basically all we see from you...if a person doesnt agree with you..they're upset of shanny, crying over cutler, just hate mcd no matter what he does (because of shanny) or some other ludicrious rant

live by your own words before mounting the pulpit

Lonestar
07-26-2010, 12:10 PM
You must be blind then. Just because they were newbies, huh. :laugh:

Read Page 2.

It started with this:

Then went to Jags posting an inappropriate pic in response to TX questioning Tebow's mechanics.

Then to TX's post:

So again.... because TX questioned Tebow's mechanics and took a wait and see approach, the newbies got offended, started posting inappropriate pics and generally getting offensive. No one even ripped Tebow apart and these 2 went on the offensive. Now we all are still allowed to have opinions here and NO ONE was jumped on simply because they are new. :rolleyes:

Well color me wrong for not being able to see the "pictures" while on the mobile site. Or perhaps not wishing to download them.

My bad.

Just thought regardless of what they posted if it was bad then they should have been reported opposed to being resonded to.

IMHO.

GEM
07-26-2010, 12:58 PM
Well color me wrong for not being able to see the "pictures" while on the mobile site. Or perhaps not wishing to download them.

My bad.

Just thought regardless of what they posted if it was bad then they should have been reported opposed to being resonded to.

IMHO.

If you insist on posting by mobile, perhaps if you are unsure you should wait until you are in front of the pics and such before jumping on others who did nothing of which you chose to go after them for. Especially after having it pointed out to you and you coming back that you were fully informed.

What should have been reported? Would that look like this:

Hey...this guy is posting his opinion as fact and won't discuss Tebow's mechanics.

What exactly should have been reported?

TXBRONC
07-26-2010, 01:22 PM
Do you remember saying this Jr?

http://broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144664

Respect the mods as they have a hard job to do.

Lonestar
07-26-2010, 01:29 PM
If you insist on posting by mobile, perhaps if you are unsure you should wait until you are in front of the pics and such before jumping on others who did nothing of which you chose to go after them for. Especially after having it pointed out to you and you coming back that you were fully informed.

What should have been reported? Would that look like this:

Hey...this guy is posting his opinion as fact and won't discuss Tebow's mechanics.

What exactly should have been reported?

well trolling seems to be a good one perhaps baiting?

I chose not to be on the COMPUTER during the day unless I'm answering Emails as it seem to be faster. to type that way.

I only jump on while performing these tasks and even then I chose for the most part to have pictures disabled for the most part they are trollish no matter which side of the TEBOW side one stands on. plus it speeds up loading time. Now that I'm not a mod I do not have to worry about that.

as for monitoring it on the mobile site I do so while waiting at stop lights, doctors offices, during commercials, while in the oval office as to try to keep current on what is going on and should there be something worth while seeing, which frankly lately not much.

That said,
I still think that we have not treated these newbies very well for the most part because they are Tebow fans and not QUITE yet full fledged Bronco fans.

That is IHMO ..

GEM
07-26-2010, 01:45 PM

I chose not to be on the COMPUTER during the day unless I'm answering Emails as it seem to be faster. to type that way.

I only jump on while performing these tasks and even then I chose for the most part to have pictures disabled for the most part they are trollish no matter which side of the TEBOW side one stands on. plus it speeds up loading time. Now that I'm not a mod I do not have to worry about that.

as for monitoring it on the mobile site I do so while waiting at stop lights, doctors offices, during commercials, while in the oval office as to try to keep current on what is going on and should there be something worth while seeing, which frankly lately not much.

That said,
I still think that we have not treated these newbies very well for the most part because they are Tebow fans and not QUITE yet full fledged Bronco fans.

That is IHMO ..

For God sakes JR, how many possible times are you going to go through they were mistreated for being Tebow fans or being new or whatever you are going to change it to to fit your argument. Just because you say it a million times, doesn't make it true. They were asked continually about mechanics to which there was no answer other than a posted pic of some guy showing his junk in front of a crowd. Posters were looking for legitimate answers and got that. If you want to be respected, you show respect. This has nothing to do with Tebow or being new.

And again I am going to say....if you aren't going to take the time to see the whole story, don't respond to the thread, especially after specifically saying you looked at everything.

claymore
07-26-2010, 02:32 PM

That said,

That is IHMO ..

Stop posting at Stoplights JR.

Lonestar
07-26-2010, 02:46 PM
For God sakes JR, how many possible times are you going to go through they were mistreated for being Tebow fans or being new or whatever you are going to change it to to fit your argument. Just because you say it a million times, doesn't make it true. They were asked continually about mechanics to which there was no answer other than a posted pic of some guy showing his junk in front of a crowd. Posters were looking for legitimate answers and got that. If you want to be respected, you show respect. This has nothing to do with Tebow or being new.

And again I am going to say....if you aren't going to take the time to see the whole story, don't respond to the thread, especially after specifically saying you looked at everything.

Yawhol.

GEM
07-26-2010, 02:58 PM
Yawhol.

We have another Yiddish speaker on the boards. :rockon:

TXBRONC
07-26-2010, 06:36 PM
We have another Yiddish speaker on the boards. :rockon:

Oy Vey. :doh: