PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Rookie Signings

Denver Native (Carol)
07-22-2010, 08:44 PM
http://backseatfan.com/index.php/2010/05/2010-nfl-draft-rookie-signing-status-team-by-team/

Thought it would be interesting to keep tabs on this year's rookie signings. Signings so far - 4 done, 5 to go

Denver Broncos – 4 of 9 players signed
1.22 Demaryius Thomas WR Georgia Tech
1.25 Tim Tebow QB Florida
2.45 Zane Beadles G Utah
3.80 J.D. Walton C Baylor 4 Years, $2.588M; $798,500 SB
3.87 Eric Decker WR Minnesota
5.137 Perrish Cox CB Oklahoma State 4 years, $1.991M, $202K SB
6.183 Eric Olsen C Notre Dame
7.225 Syd’Quan Thompson CB California 4 years, $1.846M; $56,850 SB
7.232 Jammie Kirlew DE Indiana 4 years, $1.839M, ~49,400 SB

Jagsbch
07-22-2010, 08:47 PM
Breaking news

Dallas Cowboys first round draft pick (24th overall pick in the draft), Dez Bryant, has agreed to terms on a contract.

According to ESPN, the contract will be worth $11.8 million over five years with $8.5 million guaranteed.

Tebow could be close now that 24 is done considering he was the 25th selection.

BroncoBJ
07-22-2010, 09:42 PM
OH damn, was hoping a few more Rookies signed. :fight:

Heard Decker and Olsen are getting close possibly and then by next week we'll get Beadles, Thomas, and Tebow all signed and ready to go. :salute:

Denver Native (Carol)
07-22-2010, 09:47 PM
OH damn, was hoping a few more Rookies signed. :fight:

Heard Decker and Olsen are getting close possibly and then by next week we'll get Beadles, Thomas, and Tebow all signed and ready to go. :salute:

Could be interesting, as I heard Scott Hastings say today that the Rookies will report next Wednesday.

Elevation inc
07-23-2010, 03:02 AM
the goo news is dez signed so really DT and tebow cant break our banks now....i expect both to be in camp on time....probally just had to wait for the doom extension to be finished....we should see the sigings move quickly now.....maybe even champ gets his this season....

Denver Native (Carol)
07-23-2010, 09:35 AM
Hopefully this is just Klis' speculation.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15581739

f the sun can occasionally splash with rain, it's possible for even a saint like Tim Tebow to become a training-camp holdout.

Much to Tebow's chagrin, his baptism into the business aspects of football could put at risk his pristine reputation as one of the world's leading do-gooders.

"That's not about Tim Tebow; that's between the agent and the Broncos," former Broncos quarterback John Elway said Thursday after his round at the HealthOne Colorado Open. "The players want to play. Tim doesn't want to hold out. If it's close, he'll be there, I guarantee you."

Broncos rookies are to report Wednesday for their first training-camp practice.

As of Thursday night, only Dallas receiver Dez Bryant among the NFL's 32 first-round picks, and only three of the top 64 picks, had been signed. Even on the Broncos' roster, Tebow is just one of five unsigned rookies.

It's rare that Tebow is grouped with anything resembling trouble. Tebow and the reputation of strong character go together.

At the Broncos' final minicamp session in June, Tebow admitted a naïvete to the business side of football. Tebow said as much as he loves playing the game, a holdout wouldn't sit well with him.

Recent history of NFL rookie quarterbacks suggests Tebow, who would open camp No. 3 on the depth chart behind Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn, better not miss much time.

Among the first-round quarterbacks in 2006, Matt Leinart had a lengthy holdout with the Arizona Cardinals, while the Broncos' Jay Cutler reported on time. Leinart still is trying to prove he's as good as Cutler.

Besides negotiating with Tebow, Broncos general manager Brian Xanders has been working on contracts with first-round receiver Demaryius Thomas, second-round offensive lineman Zane Beadles, third-round receiver Eric Decker, sixth-round center/guard Eric Olsen — and veteran pass-rusher Elvis Dumervil.

Rookies are not subject to fines for missing training camp, but they cannot report to the Broncos' headquarters until they are under contract.

NightTrainLayne
07-23-2010, 10:10 AM
Tebow will be in camp on time. Certainly no lengthy holdouts.

Lonestar
07-23-2010, 02:42 PM
not sure why Olsen is not yet signed it is not like he is going to get much more than the initial offer.does not have much horsepower to negotiate being a 6th rounder.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-23-2010, 02:47 PM
not sure why Olsen is not yet signed it is not like he is going to get much more than the initial offer.does not have much horsepower to negotiate being a 6th rounder.

I wonder if they wanted to concentrate on Dumervil, and get that done, before the rest of the Rookies are signed, so they would know what kind of money they had left to work with - I don't know - just a thought - maybe the process does not even work like that.

Jagsbch
07-23-2010, 02:55 PM
I wonder if they wanted to concentrate on Dumervil, and get that done, before the rest of the Rookies are signed, so they would know what kind of money they had left to work with - I don't know - just a thought - maybe the process does not even work like that.
Eric Olsen signs four-year contract
Source: BroncoTalk by Jon

Eric Olsen (Notre Dame) lines up against Nevada. (AP Photo/Michael Conroy)

It looks like rookie center Eric Olsen has signed his contract according to Rotoworld.com, Olsen will receive: $395,000 in 2010, $480,000 in 2011, and $565,000 in 2012. Though there is no official word from the Denver Broncos as of this moment.

The news of the signing came just a few days after Mike Klis of the Denver Post reported both Eric Decker and Eric Olsen were close to agreeing to terms with the Broncos.

Olsen, the last of the late rounders to sign with the Broncos, was one of the top performers at the bench press, vertical jump and the 3-cone drills at the NFL combine in early April.

Twenty-two year old Olsen stands 6-4, and weighs in at 306 pounds. In 31 college starts Olsen allowed just four sacks, while anchoring the line that protected Jimmy Clausen (now of the Carolina Panthers). J.D. Walton (whom the Broncos drafted in the third round) will likely be competing directly with Olsen for the starting center job in training camp.

Eric Decker who was selected in the 3rd round, is expected to be the next to sign, as he was drafted the lowest of the Broncos remaining unsigned draft picks.

The Broncos can now focus on signing the high round draft picks, Thomas, Tebow, Beadles and Decker. Expect more signings to be announced in the very near future.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-23-2010, 03:03 PM
Also, posted yesterday on the Denver Post:

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/07/22/decker-olsen-deals-near/3888/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dp-blogs-broncos+%28Denver+Post%3A+Sports%3A+Broncos%3A+Blo g%29

Decker, Olsen deals near

NFL rookie contracts operate within a “slot” system, meaning the contract for draft pick A sets the parameters, minus a few dollars, for draft pick B. And so on.

Given this system, the Broncos need little more than signatures to complete agreements with third-round receiver Eric Decker and sixth-round center/guard Eric Olsen.

Decker, as the No. 87 overall pick out of Minnesota, can look at the deals for No. 86 Daniel Te’o Nesheim and No. 88 Andre Roberts and conclude he’s about to get from the Broncos a four-year, $2.55 million contract with a $732,000 bonus.

Olsen, as the No. 183 overall pick out of Notre Dame, can work off the signed contracts of No. 182 Nate Byham and No. 184 Adrian Tracy and realize his four-year deal will be worth around $1.8 million with a $140,000 bonus.

With Decker and Olsen all but finished, the Broncos can concentrate on getting deals done with second-round pick Zane Beadles, a guard-tackle from Utah, and first-round picks DeMaryius Thomas, a receiver from Georgia Tech, and Tim Tebow, a quarterback from Florida.

Jagsbch
07-23-2010, 03:06 PM
You first link is dead Carol:rolleyes:

Denver Native (Carol)
07-23-2010, 03:08 PM
You first link is dead Carol:rolleyes:

:confused:

Jagsbch
07-23-2010, 03:14 PM
:tsk:

:confused:

Denver Native (Carol)
07-23-2010, 03:28 PM
:tsk:

Seriously, I don't know what you mean by the link is dead. I clicked on it, and it opened, and it is up to date for each team.

BroncoWave
07-23-2010, 03:36 PM
Seriously, I don't know what you mean by the link is dead. I clicked on it, and it opened, and it is up to date for each team.

Post #11 first link is dead.

BroncoBJ
07-23-2010, 03:42 PM
The First link is dead. :fight: omfg

Denver Native (Carol)
07-23-2010, 03:56 PM
I just clicked on the link in Post #1, and it opened. I will remove the same link in post #11

Jagsbch
07-23-2010, 03:56 PM
http://www.zephoria.org/images/failed_as_a_parent.jpg

BroncoWave
07-24-2010, 12:37 PM
Per the Broncos facebook page:

"The Broncos have signed sixth-round pick offensive lineman Eric Olsen. More at DenverBroncos.com"

TXBRONC
07-24-2010, 12:40 PM
Per the Broncos facebook page:

"The Broncos have signed sixth-round pick offensive lineman Eric Olsen. More at DenverBroncos.com"

That means there are four picks left to sign. Tebow, Thomas, Beadles, and Decker.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-24-2010, 02:46 PM
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/olsen-signs&/#034;target="_blank"

Less than a week before rookies, quarterbacks and injured veterans participate in their first training camp workout, the Broncos assured another of their draft picks will be there, signing sixth-round pick Eric Olsen on Saturday.

The former Notre Dame lineman started the final 31 games of his Irish career, playing at three different interior line positions. Olsen earned third-team All-America honors from The Sporting News during his senior season when he started all 12 games at center.

The Broncos selected Olsen, 6-foot-3, 305 pounds, with pick No. 183 in April’s NFL Draft, making him the third lineman selected by the team after Zane Beadles and J.D. Walton.

Olsen joins Walton, Perrish Cox, Syd’Quan Thompson and Jammie Kirlew as Broncos’ draft picks who have signed. The team currently has four picks still unsigned.

broncobryce
07-24-2010, 03:08 PM
Nothing should be holding thomas back now that dez signed.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

TXBRONC
07-24-2010, 03:11 PM

Tebow either for that matter.

Lonestar
07-24-2010, 03:12 PM

for that matter TEbow as he was right after bryant IIRC

rcsodak
07-24-2010, 07:38 PM
Interesting to see how Bal/Pit/Det are signing all of their draftees to 3yr contracts, while the other 29 teams are going with 4yrs.

hamrob
07-24-2010, 11:04 PM
Let's see....2 #1 draft picks (Thomas & Tebow). Just how much will they contribute this year?

That's alot of dollars that will be spent...let's see what the ROI is. Hopefully it's big in their 2nd years.

RedFalcon
07-25-2010, 02:35 PM
Wish they all just sign their contracts. Even if it's for few money, giving the uncertainty for the 2011 season, but it will make me breath easily if Tebow, Thomas, Beadles and the rest unsigned players , sign those damn contracts.
They can always have those contracts re-signed in 2011 or later, once the owners, NFL and players agree on something.

TXBRONC
07-25-2010, 02:51 PM
Wish they all just sign their contracts. Even if it's for few money, giving the uncertainty for the 2011 season, but it will make me breath easily if Tebow, Thomas, Beadles and the rest unsigned players , sign those damn contracts.
They can always have those contracts re-signed in 2011 or later, once the owners, NFL and players agree on something.

I think it would be foolish for player sign just whatever a front office throws in front of them. There may not be a contract per se that is in written form at this point.

broncobryce
07-25-2010, 02:54 PM
Come on Xanders get on it! Thomas and Decker really need to be here for camp.

RedFalcon
07-25-2010, 02:55 PM
I think it would be foolish for player sign just whatever a front office throws in front of them. There may not be a contract per se that is in written form at this point.

Yeah, I understand what you say, but look at Dez Bryant. Not a great contract. Who knows, maybe he has an article in the contract that stipulates that once the NFL Players Assoc. and the owners and the league agree on a new collective whatever issues... he signs a new contract with the 'Boys and for better money.

TXBRONC
07-25-2010, 06:29 PM
Yeah, I understand what you say, but look at Dez Bryant. Not a great contract. Who knows, maybe he has an article in the contract that stipulates that once the NFL Players Assoc. and the owners and the league agree on a new collective whatever issues... he signs a new contract with the 'Boys and for better money.

Maybe there is such a thing but I can't say I've ever heard of that before. Maybe one of the other guys who are contract savy could shed some light on this.

Lonestar
07-25-2010, 08:31 PM

As much as I would like them all to be signed and ready to go day one. They really have to sign a contract that both sides can live with for the duration.

It is unlikely that the new CBA is going change much dollar wise OVER what they could make now.

Of anything it will decrease and the next batch of rookies signed will be a highly structured matrix for rookies.

The veterans are tired of rookie getting more money than they do.

Not that all of that saved money will fall into their pockets. But most of it will.

So it behooves them to get the best deal they can until the contract is redone in 4-6 years.